Speaker 1: Coming up on relatables.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold up, it's a warning.
Speaker 1: It's a warning. Oh yeah, ready, Eris has just made a comment to Nesta. Watch it was my gester. Yeah, it hurts. It's hardly laughing to it's hard to get out.
Speaker 3: What relatable?
Speaker 1: Okay, you gotta find one to start today's episode. I love fine ones. I found this on Instagram and it was titled red flags we ignore In fictional men, if the female main character went to therapy, Oh, a bit of a mouthful. Okay, so therapist asked, So he broke into your house and the but he's six four valid though, these are our reasonings. So he killed someone for you. His love language is acts of service. He'll do anything for me. You moved into his place after three days when you know, you know, you know, baby, So let me get this straight. He growled at another man for talking to you, and then their response is just sexy with love eyes. He said he would burn the world for you. Got to love a man with ambition.
Speaker 4: To be fair, unrealistic love. Yeah, sometimes would be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. The word growl is used far too often in romance novels, and I just think that a growl his hands down the most cringey thing I can think. I've just done freek would you say I feel like? Okay? You are the male main character in a romance fantasy novel. You're a thousand years old and you're like in the top five strongest men in this world, baby, and another man has just talked to your soon to be bride, putting me on the spot. Your dog.
Speaker 2: I asked you to grow but I'll give you mine after you give me yours.
Speaker 1: So it's like a growl. I'll show your mind if you show me yours. Okay, So okay, remember, get in the mind, stay like think of it's deep. Let's pretend it's like it's deep. Let's pretend that Eris is. Let me go again again, let me go No, that was from So it's not like the top of your throat. You're gonna get it from like you, it's gotta be from you. Gotta say with your chest, don't say anything like. Pretend Eris has just made a like snidy comment at Nesta and you're Cassie and that's what that's the mindset. Yeah, you got you go. I've been doing all I can't try. This is I'm thinking I'm gonna give him a warning knowing you, but you have been practicing before now, ge man, I feel like it's so over pronounced.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold up, it's a warning.
Speaker 1: It's a warning. Oh yeah, ready, Ris has just made a comment to Nesta.
Speaker 2: Watch it was good.
Speaker 1: Es. Yeah, it hurts. It's hardly laughing to it. What it's hard to get out? What? I couldn't go there? I couldn't. It was stuck at the top of my throat. I couldn't get in there. You got all the ground out before you even watch it. You can hear losing breath. The Rolatas podcast. It's hosted by myself, Jake Craig Aka and my partner and crime mister Odie.
Speaker 4: Like, Okayamy, you were practicing a oh this is unfair.
Speaker 1: And everyone listening.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: The baddies bad to the bone origin of you guys being called the baddies. We've said this before, but we better repeat it just in case there's any new baddies here. Somebody just either we I think we had someone sign off a phone call or sign off a video. Yeah, just with like stay Bad. And then we started signing the episodes off of Stay Bad. And then we were like, oh, everyone's going name for there it's members, Like what are we going to name out? And then baddies just like kind of was born from that. Yeah, and it's stuck. Certainly I was stuck like glue. But today we have a big decision to make we.
Speaker 4: Do Actually, this might be no, not m This is the biggest decision we have ever had to make on the podcast.
Speaker 1: And honestly, actually like it could be a podcast ending decision. I know, Jake, this is serious. We need to get serious here. So at the date we are recording, this is the twenty ninth of June. June. The twenty second of June was the four year anniversary of the podcast. Four years of Relatables. Woo we missed it anyway, Big congratulations to everyone if you've been here from day one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby.
Speaker 1: And so when we first started the podcast, Otie he came to me and said, like, you know, everyone's out here doing university degrees. You know they do four years unique kind of minimum four years, yep. And then sometimes they decide at the end of it like I got my degree, but I don't want to do this so or sometimes I do what they want to do it. We said we'll give the podcast four years and if it's doing well, we'll keep doing it. But if it's not working out, then we'll cut our losses. And you know, say good experience, great experience, great experience. So we've got to make a decision whether or not we want to keep the podcast going because it's the four year limit. Yeah, this is the four year mark. This is a tough decision.
Speaker 5: Day.
Speaker 1: This is a very tough So has it been worth it? Is it paying off?
Speaker 3: Hm?
Speaker 1: What I will say is I genuinely think if four years ago today someone said our exact situation in four years time, I wouldn't believe them. Agreed. But also, overall or outside of money flexing, cole ship, the community that we've built together and we turn up week on week, three episodes a week for four years averagely. Yeah, true, we can't have been in it now. I don't think that could make me any happier in the world than anything. It's an interesting one to think about. Same. I'm very appreciative of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm very appreciative of it too. But Jake, I think I've got the answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we ain't fucking leaving. Give us your best Jordans, all the baddies, give us your best Jordan bell Ford. We ain't fucking leaving. Oh oh oh oh oh, we can't do that. He's fucking no. We can't promote that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't worry. I think we are. We'll stick around. I think we will stick around. Any any changes that you reckon will happen in the podcast. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The next big change is kids. Yeah, we spoke about that a lot on Patreon. Yep, high Lords close to them on and high Lords Poe will have children. I think that would be the We have other stuff moving, maybe buying houses, blah blah blah blah blah. But I don't think that will actually affect because we have to make money. But kids, I think will be the next fundamental change where we have to actually change our workflow of the podcast a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, true. How is that gonna work? Like? It'll work well, I think, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've often thought too, like we're in a very privileged position where we can pick our hours and when we want to work, we can do it whenever we want, we do the.
Speaker 1: Work, but it just works around our lives.
Speaker 4: But it's such a must be nice but the people who work for people and then have to have children go back to work and then deal with that shit. Like because imagine one day you have kids first and you fuck, I had the worst night sleep, body, Like I'm running off two hours sleep.
Speaker 1: I don't want to record. Yeah, oh yeah, chill. Yeah, but like if you had a boss, you shouldn't say that, true, Yeah, Like you get it. You can't just text me the morning like I'm off two hours sleep, Like I'm just I can't bother to work.
Speaker 4: We're in a very privileged position there, Yeah, yeah, very privileged. But yeah I think that also, like there's a big shift at the moment as well between like we took a risk to get here in a sense it didn't feel like one of the time, but we went against the norm and did something that on paper looked stupid and unrealistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the risk that I would say so like financial financially, sorry I don't the risk wasn't huge in a financial wise, but socially it was a.
Speaker 4: Risk socially and like I want to say, longevity or stability is a better word. There was no stability behind the podcast. But also I want to make it relatable because that's the name. Jake came up with the name. If you knew around here.
Speaker 1: I think every single person listening right now has something cool in the head that they wish they were doing. Yeah, and there's a reason they're not doing it. Let that be fear, anxiety, exterior reasons like family, job, financial, and I don't know if there was any sign in the world. I don't think there ever will be a sign other than you realizing that you can do it and all you have to do is start. Yeah, everyone's the biggest hurdle for for everything is usually from within, and sometimes it's financial sometimes Yeah, but that's usually from within. That's where excuses start.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And if you within believing yourself, which from the start we were delusional, optimistic.
Speaker 1: You're looking at the king of excuses. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and for some reason that many pieces of the puzzle fell together to make this work, especially with two people as well. Making it work is very very hard, and we're privileged enough to have made.
Speaker 1: It work, very very hard. Pause pause. Yeah, that's not the only time I've been hard on this Podcastlet me say, well, we're audio. Ever since we've been audio only, have you ever been hard on the podcast? And hit it from me, what's the opposite of hard talking to you? Well, my thing's been shriveled up and fucking hiding away waiting for you. And then he's like, oh about time now. Maybe when when we're talking, we did the I'm glad you like this segment, Yeah, and I called you handsome. Maybe that turned me on a little bit. I started to think different. Yeah, yeah, yeah, probably maybe a little bit. We listened to we were in the car once he was dropping off at the train station and we listened to an Inspired un Employed episode and they spent the first twenty minutes, yeah, talking about the worst place to get hard. Yeah, there's like, we're not going there, Jake, I know you want to go there. We're not fucking going there.
Speaker 4: A And I'm I mean at the start, we'll relate, and then like fifteen minutes like fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so five minutes of it, I was kind of like, yeah, you know, every man will listen to this and think, yeah, you know, everyone's trying to put their hands in their pockets to hide a bone, and yeah, blah blah blah, like it is what it is. But after twenty minutes, yeah, like I was thinking yeah, these guys need to move on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, hundred percent. And I guess actually that's one of the perks of being a woman. When you want turned on, no one knows, so true, Like, I guess that's a superpower because when you're reading these books on the beach or listening with his headphones.
Speaker 1: On again a bit like yeah, yeah, there's no tell tale physical sign that a woman is turned on. Nah, not really. And I feel like that's kind of like sexy because when we're reading these books too, like I feel sexy and then I'm gonna litle turned on. I'm going to be a chubb. But when a girl's doing it, she can just fucking hide anything. That's hilarious. All right, Audio, I got anig question for you this week, and it is what was the straw that broke the Camel's back? And the category is life okay and just for other people's sake, not my own? What does that mean? It means have you ever heard, like you've never heard someone be like, you know, this happened and that was my last straw? I said other people, that was my last straw? Is derived from the straw that broke the camel's back. Yeah, of course, of getting an email to do something that's part of my job description. Oh that pisses me off. A pisses me off. How about just getting an email in general? You wouldn't know you have notifications on on one of the emails on Gmail. I do, but on houtlook, I don't. We don't get fucking email on Gmail.
Speaker 2: Exactly why I have outlook off?
Speaker 1: It's on my computer? Yeah, she probably not even like got it up on a bar on a tap? What was the straw that break the camels back? He served me the bad looking piece of chicken? I ended it the next day? Or that I actually is that toxic? I picked a better looking chicken? A do you.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: But I care more? She's more easy going. Okay, I'm sure she would like that better look a chicken. What do you think that your girlfriend would do if she was serving up the plates? She would give me the better looking chicken. But she knows, And the reason is because she knows, you probably would take a look at it and be like, she knows I can more, or she loves me more. Maybe that was a good one. Actually, shirt getting hooked on the door handle, Oh.
Speaker 4: That's been happening to me a fair bit. When I'm getting out of the car, my laptop bag gets stuck on my handbrake.
Speaker 1: And then I like fucking choked back in. Also, for some reason, nothing pisses me off more than a little, very minor inconvenience. For some reason, lately, I've been doing a lot of getting out of my car and then bending back into get something, And as I go out, I hit the back of my head on the ceiling of my car. Doesn't hurt nothing, but the slighting convenience of my head bobbing back makes me want to fucking slam my door so hard the window breaks. Oh. I couldn't agree more. I've ever experienced more rage in my life. For some reason, I got out of the planet to that and I clipped the top of my head. Did you? And people? I was more embarrassed and people saw it, but I was like, no, it's a flap. I was like, fuck my life, it's a flake. Sit You're tall enough. But I felt like an idiot. I've never I've never hit my head. I was on the weird.
Speaker 4: I was on like a plane for the two thousands. Today was the oldest plane I've been in ages. Yeah, yeah, that's why I was shorter. I think, oh no, it's because I'm massive love. It was a straw that broke the camel's back. In one week, I got a flat tire, front doorknob fell off, spilt coffee in my car, and my shower door exploded. When it rains, it pours a Yeah. I feel like that is like just a life experience.
Speaker 1: Whenever something bad happens, and I think, if I have like multiple bad things happen, and I'm like, okay, bad things happen in threes, a fourth thing always.
Speaker 4: Has to Yeah, it's a universal life experience that like everything happens at once. Like it's the same with just like car regio and then you some reason you need a service. And then in that service your timing belt's gone. You're like, just fucking take all my money.
Speaker 1: Sell my car. Yeah, like I didn't want to. How about to keep the vehicle?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't need it anyway. I broke my toe and it broke my relationship. How does that work? Did you like sucking on your toes or something? If that was the reason, I can't see the connection. Otherwise, doing my own tax return for the first time, I've never done it. Fuck that painting out, legit. I've never done my own. I've never done my own. I don't think I've ever done my own. I've always been too scared. I always have gone to an accountant. Yeah, I don't even know what he does. I swear ourcountain is not even that expensive. No, I don't think he is. Yeah it's good. I feel like, yeah, we do not. And I always call him. Just go to an account No, chat to him with a life category life answer life, Yeah, your life has broken. Life happened broken to me. I'm trying to plug your charge of block into a wall in the dark and missing twenty three times. I swear that those little.
Speaker 4: Holes move a I agree in the dark or even just like if you can't just quite reach it and then you're just going and it pisses me off.
Speaker 1: What's something that's I I for some reason, I remember I was in here, I was in this studio and I was sitting at my desk and for some reason, remember I don't remember what caused it, but I remember being like, oh, you fucking fuck Like I had a reaction to something and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, I feel like I've been getting a few more of those fucking fuck moments for some reason, it's coming of age, always stressed a bit.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe that is stress. It could be stress. It also could be that whole thing of us not knowing how to express the correct emotion. Yes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know what he's saying, talking about not being able to express the right emotions.
Speaker 1: I don't want to justify it. Is there ever a time and a place where you should keep your emotions to yourself? Good question. M h Yeah, I think that you should probably keep your emotions to your smell, to your smell, you smell, your laugh. Yeah, if you're dealing with someone that you know is like notoriously maybe stubborn, because there's a good chance your emotions are going to get like shut down. Yeah, no, that makes sense, because thinking about being a man, the only times.
Speaker 4: I've ever had those fucking fuck moments are when I've bottled stuff up so much that the tiniest little inconvenience just breaks the camels back and puts me over the edge and then I just explode. And exploding for me is not fucking like exploring. For some men is like fucking punch and shit true.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Punching other people. Yeah, exploding for me is like a couple of sweat words. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah no, same, same same.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I just give them a good old but it's still the same row like movement to get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Ever, actually, okay, I won't I won't want to lie. There has been a few times where so frustration for me quite often comes out of anger I find without realizing. And one very very classic moment is, for some reason, I hate it when simple things don't work. Like I was maybe seventeen, and I had an iPhone that was a couple of years old, and it was kind of just tweaking a bit, and I remember thinking I must have just like needed a message to send or something, and it would always freeze or whatever. And I remember just like putting my phone down and like slapping it and I cracked the fuck out of a d ay. And it didn't feel good after it, No, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: That's actually that's actually the biggest learning lesson out all of this is at the time it feels good, but after it, it never feels good.
Speaker 1: The reaction you have no never ever.
Speaker 4: But for some reason you need to do it as like a biological response because for some reason we don't have the tools to talk about it previously, to not build up to that point.
Speaker 1: No, that's a good point. That's a good point to This morning, Beth and I took the dog. I wasn't going to talk about this today. I was thinking I need to let it settle for a bit. So we took the dogs to this like Sick Creek or whatever. Yeah, never seen anyone there, ever, We've been there maybe four times or like, we'll go to the dogs there and we come we're coming out and it goes out into like a big maybe one acre big yard and there's like a big community center and it's free to the public, like you're like, everyone's allowed to go there, right, And as we're coming out, a dog runs in off lead and we thought, oh, there must be someone out there with their dog and it was friendly, and we put our dogs on lead, right because in on the Gold Coast, if there's an area that's labeled off lead, you're allowed to have your dogs off lead as long as you have control of them. And so we always just put our dogs on lead because dogs like to run up and say how to other dogs? Or whatever. So we come out and we can't. We're coming out of like the entry to go down to the creek, right and I poke them out out and I'm like, holy fuck, Beth, there's like twenty five dogs out there with one dude of all shapes and sizes for I'm telling you, it was the most chaotic scene I think I've ever seen. Scary both Was he a trainer? Was they like his pet? No? Was he was a trainer? Oh, he is a trainer. He's making bang and so yeah. So he's got like a couple of them on lead and then a bunch of them off lead, and he has zero effective control of these dogs, and so I'm kind of thinking, like shit, okay, cool. Like, so we were a little bit scared about all the dogs rushing us, and Henry is like he doesn't like being rushed, Like he's not an angry dog, but if he was to just like kind of tell one to back off in a normal dog way, what we what we were scared of is one dog reacting and then they get a tussle. But then all twenty five of those dogs just come and gang up on Henry. So we were like kind of freaking out. We had the dogs on the lead, and so we come out and then we come into the open a bit and they all just fucking running at us. The guy's calling him back, Yeah, they are not coming back, and we're like, what the fuck is going on? And so Darcy is getting trampled, So I picked her up's little sausage, my little sausage dog. And then eventually we we leave and go put out dogs in the car, and then we're thinking like that was so fucked up, like that was so fucked up, Like that's not that's just so wrong, and so Beth's kind of like, God, like do I say something? And originally I was like, look like if he's willing to fucking just like have that many dogs off lead, I have a feeling he's not going to be willing to hear what you have to say. And then she called her boss and she spoke to her boss. Her boss was like, yeah, that was fucked up. And she was on the phone to her.
Speaker 4: Boss and talking about it, and then Jack's girlfriend's bosses, yeah, dog, sorry.
Speaker 1: My girlfriends, that's also a dog train. Yeah sorry sorry, sorry, sorry sorry. And then the guy ends up going back. He's got like maybe a few more dogs on lead. Now. He puts him in his van and then there's still like ten dogs running around. They all run up to us at the car. He's trying to call him back. He's trying to call him back. He eventually gets all the dogs inside, and then he comes over and comes over to us, and like we were waiting there and and like we made the decision like that. Beth was gonna be like what the hell man like that, like that's just so not right. And he comes over to us and he starts getting angry at us for what for. He's like saying, you know, like you guys surprised my dogs or whatever like, and then we were like, no, what the hell's going on, Like you're in the wrong here, and he's kind of like no, no, no, like you guys, you don't understand. Like he just like kind of was being a classic man and trying to like talk down to like Beth and myself the whole time, and I was really really staying quiet, and Beth was a bit fucking like upset, and then it was I'm not gonna lie though. Right Here's here's where I'm getting at with this whole talk of emotions, like in the moment, like my blood was like boiling. As this guy he went walking, he went quiet, and I like went right, and I'm very I'm quite calm, and I kept on just being like but can I just was like, I was like, I just have a question for you, though, Like do you mind if I just ask you a question? Because he was just defending his actions to the death Right that's classic you and and I'm like, you can, please, can I just ask you a question? And every time I went to go start asking the question, he would start cutting me off. And I wasn't like then cutting off back at him, but I was like, fucking hell. And so I what I wanted to ask him was because he kept saying to us like, this is a public space, everyone can do such a weirding Cami, So dude, I'm telling you, this is hands down the weirdest thing of every count He's so odd literally twenty five dogs anyway, So what I wanted to ask him was like, if this is a public space that you're saying everyone can use, what if I was, you know, because he kept on saying I've never seen you here before, like so you don't get mad at me whatever, And I was like Jesus. I was like, what if I actually had a dog that was very, very reactive and I had him on lead for that reason, which I'm and I'm doing the right thing, Like I should be allowed to take my dog out if he's super reactive and then he straight away goes. I would not recommend that. I would not recommend that. And I was like, I'm not done asking my question. Like what I wanted to ask was whose fault would it be if the dog you don't have control of, the twenty five dogs you don't have control of, then run up to my dog who's reactive, who's on lee, doing the right thing, and then gets attacked by my dog, like because you can't recall your dogs. And he just wouldn't let me finish my question, and he just kept on saying I wouldn't recommend it, and I was like, holy shit, and I'm not gonna lie though right after it all ended ended up just being like, look, agree to disagree, we're not going to agree with it with each other.
Speaker 5: Ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt alive, bro I felt genuinely alive. I was calm, and Beth was raging. We get home, She's talking about it, and I was like, this is where as a man. The anger came out. I was still calm, but I was like, you know what would feel like? You know what I think I want to do. I think I want to camp out there until he goes back there and I want to slash his tires. I feel really good. And Death was like and then I was like, Okay, maybe I want to such as times. Maybe I'll rub dog pool over his windshy. She was like, am And I was thinking all of those would feel so good, but I'm obviously not going to do it. He would know it's me no, but.
Speaker 4: That actually it's funny, like everything aside the whole unique situation though, Like that's actually proper, like a real life, relatable example of what it's like to argue with a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or it was the weirdest thing I've ever experienced, hands down. I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 4: Like they're in the wrong, yep, they're doing something wrong, yep, but they can't admit it and they can't apologize, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he didn't apologize at all. I I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Like the simplest thing would be, oh sorry, sorry, caught my dogs off my dog's off guard. Really sorry, that was a bit overwhelming, like all that any series.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. I usually come here and there's no one here. I apologize for that. And we would have been like, yeah, cool, like just make sure you've got control of your dogs, and then we would have left. But yeah, so look, I was feeling very alive after that. The adrenaline was through the roof, through the fucking roof, but walking like going away from it. It was very difficult to argue with someone who did not want to hear you at all. Honestly, I think confrontation is an under explored emotion and I suck at exploring it. Yeah, yeah, I sucker exploring it. I think I wouldn't mind exploring it a bit more. And then the annoying thing is after it all happened, So I didn't do much of the talking. Him and Beth were interrupting each other a lot, kind of just trying to be like I'm right, you're wrong, I'm right your wrong type of thing, and I haven't I didn't say it, like, but after that, what I saw this thing, and it's like when you are disagreeing with someone who is objectively actually the wrong one. So like, in my opinion, objectively, he was in the wrong. Yeah, Like I don't see this as an objective thing. Yeah, apparently it's like you gotta like I didn't think about it properly in the moment, and I wish I kind of told Beth to do it before him. But if like, being like very silent and calm is apparently the best way to do it, I don't know. I don't tell me that that's what I do, but I think it is right as like a coping mechanism. But yeah, same, I just I hate confrontations so much, dude. I was just I was just standing there. I was next to Eth, and they were they were like kind of going back and forth at each other, and I was just like, what am I watching right now? Yeah, because okay, sorry to interrupt you, but okay, he's gone. At this point in time, he had all but two of the dogs back in the van, right, all but two.
Speaker 3: Of them, and r a movie.
Speaker 1: And one of the reasons he actually came up to us because one of the dogs was just literally from this distance from me and you to Beth barking at us right in the car par and so that's the only reason he came over was because he brought a lead over and put that dog in the lead, and then we started talking. And then there was one other dog that had a lead on, but he didn't have hold of it. It was running around. This thing was running circles around us. The whole time we're talking to this guy having an argument. He's got one dog pulling back and forth while he's holding on the lead, and he's got another dog and he's trying to pick up the lead mid conversation, and the dog keeps running away, and I was like, dude, you keep telling us you have full control of these dogs and you we don't legit.
Speaker 2: It was the most insane.
Speaker 1: He goes to the Okay, last thing I want to say is he goes, I was recalling them. We were like, you don't have control of your dogs. You didn't recall them, and he goes, I was recalling them. And I was like, dude, there's a difference between recalling your dog and it coming back and then just recalling your dog and saying that you're recalling it, Like, yes, you recall them, but they didn't come back. It was criss. I think you just got to like say, have like a one liner, like, mate, take a look at yourself and you just get in your car and then walk away and let him think about that. Yeah, I think like you want the last words. What I was thinking about it, I was like driving here actually thinking about it. It's a classic thing where you think about what you could have said at the moment. I think would have been what would have been a lot funner is at the in the beginning, I knew we couldn't reason with this guy, but we still tried to, which was just a waste of time going in circles whatever. So it would have been a lot funnier if I just I just was thinking, what if I just started saying like rage Benning is going and started being like, so you're a fucking shit trainer, right, just starts going Like what I would have been, like, so you're literally telling us that you're like a ship dog trainer, like you suck at this, because he kept saying ten years experience, blah blah blah, and I was thinking rage baiting him probably would have been a lot more fulfilling for me, for sure. There was no reason can't reason with them. Actually, here you go, if you are like having an argument with a man, you have to resort to rage baiting. If they're not going to hear your reason, you have to result. Usually you know straight away, yeah, and then they're going to result to your reason. We should have known straight away when he came up to us and said, like, you guys fucking cause that.
Speaker 2: I was like, like, I've been shot by a gun.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, what are you talking about? Leave me alone? Okayie, I have got some exciting news. Oh yeah, well the bad is nowhere. Marcho babes that we are. I've recently upgraded my game. I've graduated to the perfect head ceremonial grade much of powder love that. What flavors are there? Well, there's the original, which is perfect if you're an og marcher lover, or if you like to add your own flavors. I am at this level now whoa march to baddie. And there's the strawberry and vanilla, which already have the flavors perfectly mixed in. Well that's sick. So you could basically be your own Barisa at home exactly. It tastes like it came from a cafe. You've got to try it. Bro, I want to but where can I grab it? Same as always Cole's.
Speaker 4: Baby, it is time for dilemmas, and if you want to get a dilemma red, it will be pinned in the comments. And as you all know, it's completely anonymous because Jake and I set it up that way, even we don't know who's sent them. No, this one's got a title and it starts off the same as a couple of dilemmas we've had before, but it goes to get a little bit deeper.
Speaker 1: Title is our sex life normal? Hi?
Speaker 4: Boys, I'd love your honest take on sex in relationships. My boyfriend and I have been together for five years, both twenty four. We have such a loving relationship and I truly see myself spending the rest of our lives together.
Speaker 1: I want to pause there. We've got a lot of dilemmas like that, do they Why do they say that? But then there's a massive issue. I think that they say that because if that wasn't there, like we would be more inclined to say, like breakup. Because they say that. One line is like I see myself spending the rest of my life with him. Yeah, we get that, Like I can have a second dilemma. They say that that's a good point. I don't know why they say it. Maybe they because they feel it true. However, at the start, our sex life was amazing, fun, frequent, and exciting. But over the past two to three years it's become almost nonexistent. We're talking maybe six to ten times a year. The hard part is I naturally have a higher sex drive than him. I feel embarrassed even saying that, especially when you hear other couples are having sex multiple times a week. For context, my previous relationship was the complete opposite. We were open, experimental, and I felt really confident and sexy in this relationship. My boyfriend has a low sex drive and doesn't even really engage with anything sexual in brackets, no porn, etc. Oh okay, it's like the other side of it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also struggle to initiate because he's often too tired, but mainly because he doesn't like when I'm sexy. Early on, he even asked me to delete bikini pictures from my Instagram, yet for years he was liking other girls similar photos. The double standard really got to me. I miss feeling feminine, confident and desired. I missed dates, dressing up and that spark. We also still live at home separately while saving for a house, which might be a factor. So I guess my questions are is there a normal amount of sex in a relationship? Why would he set boundaries for me but not follow them himself? Could this be insecurity or something deeper? Do you think living together could actually improve things? And from a male perspective, how often would you want to be having sex in a relationship? Would really appreciate your honesty? Anonymous xxx?
Speaker 1: Okay, ask the questions again and I'll answer them in order. Okay, from my perspective or from my I guess life experience, is there a normal amount of sex in a relationship? I'm gonna say no, it's different.
Speaker 4: I agree you need to talk about it, Yeah, of course. Second one, why would he set boundaries for me but not further than himself?
Speaker 1: Because he's a fuck with Like that's just hypocritical, Like he's a hypocrite. Could this be insecurity or something deeper? From who him or you? I think she means herself. I don't think it's insecurity because I personally think the feelings are feeling a valid because of his actions so maybe I guess other options something deeper. Yeah, do you think living together would actually improve things? No? I think the opposite. I was going to say. In my experience, moving in slowed down the sex like frequency.
Speaker 4: Because I was like exciting, we want to rip itach not that we don't want to rip each other's clothes, like, but life gets in the way.
Speaker 1: Think about this, right, Yeah, So so when Beth and I moved in together, that like being together all the time. So how do I explain this when you're dating and okay, when you don't live together, Right, I got it. I've got a simpler version. Okay, seeing them naked becomes more normal, Yes, becomes way more normal. You see them naked more just normally, then you do you're having sex. And then like if you think about it, like this, when you're just dating and you're just both living separately. So in bethanized relationship, we would see each other once a week and so you talk on the phone and like you have reach, but you don't get to touch them, like you get to see them on the phone, but you're going to get touch them back things like that, So you know, you builds up attension even if like Let's say you're masterbating throughout the week, like it still builds up, Like the tension builds up and you think about them because you can't have them, and so when you see each other you feel like you know, when you see each other once a week, you're having sex four times a month, maybe twice in one weekend, five six times a month or whatever, because of the time you spend still, you still spend the majority of time not together. Agreed, like I'm telling you I like I don't. I don't think I could have sex every single day, like I probably could, but I would probably need some assistance, you know what I'm saying, Like Allan needs some assistance. I want to be fully transparent with the baddies right now. I spoke to Beth the other day, and I actually brought up our sex life because I had been overthinking how much it had slowed down, and so when I thought about Beth and I having sex and how frequent it was, I never I've never been unhappy with the frequency like I could because I really like to just hang out with Beth, like I doesn't always have to, like I don't always feel sexy, like I don't always want to have sex with her, and she doesn't always want to have sex with me, and so I was talking to her when I brought it up. I was like, I want to talk about sex luf, and she was like, oh, no, I'm sorry, and I was like wait, no, wait oh. I said to her, like, I want to just know if we're on the same page because I am not unhappy with it. But when I think about it and I think about how much it has slowed down, I think like, is it an issue? And does Beth seed as an issue? But she's not like talking about it because she's too scared to bring it up whatever. So I just want to speak about her in that sense with her, and she said no, like, I am very happy in our relationship and I am not unhappy with like once a month or twice a month or once every two months type of thing. And I was like, okay, good because I don't care about the frequency. But I was like overthinking if the free frequency was an issue, does that make any sense?
Speaker 4: I guess that goes back to her first question, where every single relationship is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very different. Yeah, and so Beth and I actually have very similar sex drives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's the way you approached it I think is perfect too. Yes, and I don't want to make the baddie spiral. But I think this is a bigger problem than you're making it. Yes, it's not, but I also think that it's manageable problem. I don't think it's a frequency problem.
Speaker 1: No. No, I personally think that from what you've said, your boyfriend just isn't making you feel very good anymore. And for you, you think that more sex would bring that back. Yeah, but like it's just that's just not the case. Like right now, your boyfriend you don't feel loved. I assume maybe love's not the right word. It feels like he's not trying. Yeah, like you're What I'm trying to get at is like this can be a deal breaker for you. This can definitely be a deal breaker.
Speaker 4: You have standards and needs and he's not meeting either of them. I don't think you've talked to him about it, so he might not know. Yep, there's a little bit of being what do we call him when he's been a hypocrite?
Speaker 1: Is that aside? That's a different problem. I guess that's a problem.
Speaker 4: That's a problem, But that aside I think you need to bring this up with him, and he needs to make a chance because he's just not making you feel wanted.
Speaker 1: I think you need to tell him how you feel and give him a chance, and you'll be able to tell a lot from how he receives this. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And also, like I guess there's a learning curve there in a sense of communication, because when he does say I'm too tired, there's the perfect moment to bring up that's how this makes me feel. That makes me feel unwanted. Every time I initiate something, you say I'm too tired, I feel rejected. That doesn't make me feel sexy, It doesn't make me feel wanted. It doesn't make me feel like I'm the most beautiful woman on this earth. Yeah, which is a part of your job. Yeah, and that's the time bring it up because he's like, I've just been hard work and shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: And I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you don't want him to have sex when he's tired, but you need to find a solution where you both want to have sex.
Speaker 1: And exactly get to there. It's I think that, Yeah, people get scared to talk about these things, but you'll be surprised how much better you'll feel after talking about it. And then it's like you have to condat or the opposite, Yeah too, or the opposite. It could be like you'll either feel much better or you'll feel worse, but you'll have an answer exactly. And that's the thing is, I think a lot of time people are very afraid to get potentially the answer that means we are not meant for each other. Yeah, is there any more questions?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I think we answered them more. I think that's great advice. Fucking oath my dilemma. My sister twenty three, just bought a house and I nineteen, they're both women, just moved in with her. There are two or three guys who looked at me in there, early twenties that live next door. The other night, one yes, the other night, my sister and I were having fuck them all the other night, my sister and I were hanging out when I looked out our window and I can see one of the next door neighbors in the shower. Their window doesn't have a shade, but it is frosted. Obviously not frosted enough. Wait, obviously not frosted enough. Though we could clearly tell he was in the shower and every move he made in the shower. My sister and I have only lived in the place for a couple of weeks, and I've briefly said hi to one of the neighbors. I'm unsure which one was showering. He took like a twenty minute long shower, so it sounds like he has good hygiene. But I saw someone showering again tonight. Do we tell them we can see them or leave it be? Thought? Yeah, do we tell them we can see them, see them or leave it be? If so, how do we tell them? We tried flickering our lights to signal, but he continued I knew his long shower. Do we wait until we get to know them more, maybe become friends and tell them, or do we knock on the door and let them know, leave a note, wait until the next time we both happen to be outside, or just leave it alone and act like nothing had happened. Help. This is actually such a big difference between men and women. I can actually relate to this.
Speaker 4: So the little oh I call it like a granny flat that I moved into, is very open to both neighbors front and back where I get changed. And Cassie is very particular about having the blinds down because she's a woman.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 4: No, the only people I care that I don't want to see my junk is Cassie's parents. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but name in the media immediate area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's my fucking house. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Exactly if you're looking, yeah, you do it looking look away.
Speaker 1: And I think those men would have the exact same mindset. Oh my, it's my house. I don't give a fuck. I'm happy with my drunk. Let's just keep it moving. I think that if here, okay, there's a good chance that they don't care. Right. So, but here's one thing, is like, if you guys want them to put a blind on, I think that's valid. Like let's go, yeah, yeah, where's it coming from? Is it coming from? Because am I in the wrong? Is in? Like? But also they're looking in their house? It is hard like because am I in the wrong expecting my neighbors? True? Good question. Also they're looking at my house. Yeah, that's the dilemma. That's literally, that's a catch a little glimpse, because the fuck you see my little bump cheek, like, if you don't want to see it, then don't look in my window. But also I could understand that, like it's semi open, so I understand that. Yeah, it's like pretty open. Then they're like, well, how can I not look? And I'd be like, well you can look down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because when I when I first in, sorry, when I first moved into this place, Cassie lived there by herself, and there's a guy on the back who sits on his back porch and can see right into her house, and obviously she doesn't want to want to see it. And then when I moved in, I was like, leave it open and we'll scare.
Speaker 1: A couple times. I would just fork out naked. Yes, he weren't looking in it anymore, scare him. Look, Okay, if you don't want to see it anymore, then you can say something. Then I think you could either knock on the door or leave a note. No it's better for that, but probably for that notes a bit better. And then if you if you don't care that like you can see it and you're just like thinking they care. Look, I'd be so surprised if they If you don't care, I would leave it and then but if it's really eating up at you, like I wouldn't if someone came knocked to my door and there was like, I just want to let you know, Like I can see you in the shower when you shower, do you have a blind that you can close, I'd be like I personally would be like, oh shit, yeah, I'm so sorry, I'll close it. I would close it for their sake if someone asked, agreed. So there's in my personal opinion, there's no wrong answer in this one. No, no, And I don't care the method you tell them. This wasn't where I thought this was going. I was thinking when I got to the shower, but I was like, she saw it and it was fucking massy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she started chatting to him and he didn't know that she saw it, but he but she wanted it.
Speaker 1: He kind of wanted her and he's like, how can I initiate having sexy? And that's what get back If that's if that's what you want, baddies, I would prefer that we suggest, we suggest having a crack a fuck. It's time for comments. If you want to get a comment read, you know what to do. Comment on the episode and we will get to him.
Speaker 4: We actually have Patreon today a little exclusive of what's going on over there. The community is insane. Linking the description I've got s, she said, I just love you guys. Every time you drop a new episode, it's like a treat.
Speaker 1: I'm just like you. I like being alone and just have one friend, and I'm single and not dating men because men, So I spend a lot of time alone and watching your guys friendship is just a joy. You guys feel like my mates. I just love feeling like a part of the closeness you guys share. We are mates. We are I got Danny, same episode, she said, Boys, I don't know if you only recorded one episode this day, but you guys seem hella relaxed, like you both seem more chill than usual, and a vibing together in this episode, the vibe is noise.
Speaker 4: Now, that's so interesting about interesting thing about podcasting. I guess too, because it is at the end of the day, how you're feeling. Yeah, and it comes across in the episode.
Speaker 1: True. Yeah, like today, maybe we could have felt like we were I don't know, a bit stressed, so stressed and frustrated. I feel like but also maybe a little bit frustrated. Yeah, maybe, like let me think, Okay, what type of conversations might have and just like day to day with people like I feel like I'm very like with my dad, I very rarely have a serious, serious conversation. Yeah, we're usually pretty laughing, pretty this pretty that. Sometimes you and I get serious. Sometimes we don't, Like I wonder if we should just like, here's we're four years in batties. All right, we're gonna hit you with I'm gonna hit you with a question. What would you like to see on the Relatables podcast? It's a great question. Would do a lot of segments? Would you like to see less segments? Would you like us to literally sit down and just record and if conversation runs out, keep recording until it gets interesting again? Like just do you what do you want? Yeah, it's an interest, Like that's the queste. We've never really asked what you want? What feelings do you want us to talk about? Yeah? What don't you want us to talk about? It? Don't you want to what do we talk about? Now? That sucks?
Speaker 5: True?
Speaker 1: Like? What what constructive critics says them? What could we leave in the last financial year? In Australia. The financial is about to end. What can we leave in the last financial year and bring into the new one? Agreed?
Speaker 4: Agreed, It's time for one of you baddies to sign off the episode. Jake, Who are we gonna call?
Speaker 1: Katie? H? Katie? Is this Katie Hi? It's Jake and not from the Relaters podcast? How are you?
Speaker 6: Are you already calling for what we have?
Speaker 1: What? How are you? I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: So? Please tell me that we've got this correct? You moved to Australia upon our advice? Yes, how's it going? Ever? We wanted an update?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, it's likely going great.
Speaker 5: I just got a job interview yesterday, so yeah, it's going really good.
Speaker 6: I'm enjoying it here.
Speaker 1: Okay. That is I'm very glad to hear because I would hate it if you were.
Speaker 5: Having a great time.
Speaker 6: I don't love the factors to consider, but yeah, I was. There was a lot of opinions taken, so I'm glad that you can, you know, advise me to carry on like this.
Speaker 1: We do, we do? Okay, may we ask what area of Australia did you did.
Speaker 6: You decide on like near New Car Stow area.
Speaker 1: Oh what made you pick there? Wait? Near Newcastle? We whip you up on the central coast. I know, let's go.
Speaker 6: I've been listening in a while.
Speaker 1: Where did you pick there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's where my my boyfriend lives.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go perfect a.
Speaker 5: Wow, I would really update.
Speaker 1: We were calling for an update. We wanted to call. Well, originally I was calling because I thought the number was put in again. But then when I saw the name Katie, I was like, oh and you said you we called already. I was like, oh my god, it's the KD that moved you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you lucky.
Speaker 1: We well, we'll call you again in a month. Well okay, then we won't bother you. But thank you so much and have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. Have a good one.
Speaker 1: You Wait. I was not prepared for that.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know where you were taking that.
Speaker 1: I thought you were still going to ask and to sign it off. Oh, I've got to ask your son and off.
Speaker 2: Call off.
Speaker 1: God, I didn't know who it was so you picked up on that. Yeah, No, I'm glad. I thought you were going to ask her to sign off the episode. Fully forgot that we were doing that.
Speaker 4: I can, I can, I can say something to sign it off, he asked me. I'll go on to see if I can see if I can be about.
Speaker 1: It, Katie, if you're listening, full transparency, I genuinely thought I was calling a different Katie. But then when you said that, I was like, oh my god, let's go recovery. And then you lost it because here's the thing is. Originally, when we called you, I wanted I highlighted her name on a differ piece of paper that we put it out and said call back. He actually did say that to me, but but we didn't mean to this. Yeah, what do you wanna do? Ask you? Yeah, see if I can do it on the spot. Okay, ready, Hello Odie? Is that you? Yes speaking, It's Jake Films Podcast. How you going? Who you just you submitted your number to sign off the episode? Oh yeah, yeah, I like that other guy that uh not today fortunate I just won. I remember you wanted to sign the episode off. Here's another Batty.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello? Is that Jade?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jane, you've called us back at the perfect time. I was about to sign off the episode because we forgot to ask another Batti Firstly, how are you going, Jade?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm going great? I'm joined by Jake. Jade. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: How are you? Jay? So good? We are calling? Do you know why we're calling? Actually?
Speaker 5: Is it the sign of the episode?
Speaker 1: It is the sign off the episode. Do you have something prepared? I do.
Speaker 5: Actually, I've been crafting a lot of things in my notes.
Speaker 1: Here we go, now, this is good. We are ready, Jade, Jake.
Speaker 5: You're going to be happy. I've got some riddles too.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's go how long a woa? How many have we got? What are we talking here?
Speaker 5: I'm good with you? Okay, so some of my ah don't live for tomorrow, live for today. Another one is hang on, let me find it. We cannot be what we want by remaining.
Speaker 6: What we are.
Speaker 1: I like that one change.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'll do one more. If you don't understand why they did what they did, it's because it's not something you would do to someone.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good way to get out of something, because yeah, a lot of times people are thinking, like, why would they do that? It makes zero sense?
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, all right. Hit us with what's your favorite? What's your what's your favorite riddle that you've got?
Speaker 5: Okay, there's a red house, green house, yellow house, and a blue house. The red house is made out of red bricks. The blue house is made out of blue bricks. The yellow house is made out of what is the greenhouse made out of?
Speaker 1: I feel like I've heard this. I feel like this has something to do with a garden. So I want to say plastic. Oh is it green bricks? No? Wait wait, what how can they?
Speaker 5: I can let you know that you were sort of close with something that you said.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's it's like it's made out of brick. No, what are you talking about? I just said that you said green brick. Oh it's a greenhouse. So I said, it's something to do with a garden. No, it's something it's made out of trees.
Speaker 4: It's something to do with like house materials. No, I've heard this one before, Ray, like when I was like twelve or something.
Speaker 1: The same here when you when you start saying to Jade, I was like, I'm going to get this because it rings a bell.
Speaker 4: But I can't remember what the house is made out of. But it's not that the greenhouse is made out of.
Speaker 1: Marcher earth. I don't know what is it.
Speaker 5: It's glass like a greenhouse. So you were on the right track.
Speaker 2: I was so close, so I was right when I just got a material wrong.
Speaker 1: I did you say plastic because of that? Well, I just bullshit, that's what you thought about. I literally was thinking greenhouse because of plants.
Speaker 5: Are agree, it's called it was on the right track with gardens.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got my finger up. Is that why you said? You didn't say plastic for that? Read this I did. I said plastic because I thought a greenhouse was made out of plastic. Yeah, well, interesting coming from the guy I forgot to ask the last battie to sign off the episode technic anyway, Jane, thank you very very much. They were great quotes, and also you stumped us. Yes you got us.
Speaker 6: No, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: This is actually insane.
Speaker 1: Have a wonderful afternoon. Yes, enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Thank you you too.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: We got what we wanted. Yeah, that was chaotic. That was what you don't see behind the scenes. Bad is is like normally we have to call like two or three of you because you get scared. It's a random number and you don't pick it. Up yeah yeah yeah, like do not disturbed or something, and so Jade was one of those that we called and she called back hilarious. All right, we love your stay bad