Speaker 1: Hello, it's men. Who's again missus Duke Payer? Is it? Or is it Evie Jones? It's bloody Ena Jones again.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was listening to the Stellar podcast and Kate.
Speaker 2: Langbrook was on it this week talking about the glamor gap.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of such a thing? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard about it, you've definitely experienced it. It's when women get ready versus when men get ready, the time difference. And it's not only the time, it is I think finances, like, oh my god, this is why we need to actually be paid more than men, because what we spend on our cells.
Speaker 1: I'm not even talking just to go out.
Speaker 2: So Kate was talking about on the project takes anything between forty five and ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: And that's true.
Speaker 2: You sit in that chair and they do your hair and makeup. You can have two women working on you at the same time. And then you go and you have a meeting. You see what's on for the show that night, and then you go and see what your clothes are, and then you go and put your clothes on, and then you go back to hair and makeup to do any touch ups, and then you go into the studio. When you go back to do touch ups, that's when the men come in and they if they want makeup, they can have it. But if they don't, it's just powdered, so they don't shine on camera. I mean, this is just a given and we all just accept it, which is fine. That's the world we live in. But my biggest problem is the money that comes with what we spend to go out. Let's just have a date. The bloke, you know, he just plops something on, even if he's brought something new, whatever, he will wear it a million times, shaves his face, puts his what do they put in their hair there, it's a funny word, pomarred.
Speaker 1: They're wax.
Speaker 2: Some of them. Even my last boyfriend used to blow dry his hair and he would do a hot tongue, not a hot tongue. It was a straightener, but he would twist it. He knew how to do that.
Speaker 1: He was better than me.
Speaker 2: I thought he had naturally buffy hair. He didn't flat ass hair. So we're actually bringing men in if anything.
Speaker 1: But that was it.
Speaker 2: He also wore makeup, so but that was it. He only wore foundation and he would cover up any of his imperfections. Just skin wise, we have to wax, shave, pluck, bleach. I'm thinking bleach hair on the head, bleach hair on the face. If that's what you do. Some women do their arms lighter hair. We have to fake tan, we have to exfoliate.
Speaker 1: We buy the.
Speaker 2: All of the face creams, all of the stuff, the makeup. Like, you give me one woman's makeup bag that doesn't completely cover an entire bathroom cabinet, then and I will give you a unicorn.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The clothes, A lot of women will not wear the same clothes again because of societal standards.
Speaker 1: I say fuck that.
Speaker 2: I'm all about recycling fashion, and I'm all about slow fashion as well, you know, all of that kind of stuff. So never and you know I'm in the public eye.
Speaker 1: I will be.
Speaker 2: Seen on red carpets wearing the same thing again and again and again. And I have no shame in it at all. If anything, I am proud to show how easy it is to do and how it's not embarrassing at all. And then the accessories that go in hair, the accessories a go on your ears, accessories go around your neck, the accessories that go on your hands, on your wrists everything. You've spent at least one hundred bucks before you've even walked out the front door to go on that date he has spent I mean, if he's had a haircut, twenty five bucks, because men's haircuts are so much cheaper than ours, and I'm sorry they take so much more to cut their hair than we do to trim it. If it's long, Why are we paying seventy five dollars a haircut and they're paying twenty five.
Speaker 1: Some of them get given.
Speaker 2: A beer, you know, you know, I mean, they've got decks in barbers these days, dogs on skateboards. Don't get me started.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying that.
Speaker 2: Kate Langbrook said she just refuses to do it anymore, and you know what, so do I I've been growing out my body hair for years and you all know about it, bloody proud of it.
Speaker 1: You're really odd thing.
Speaker 2: And I've said this on the podcast back in the days when Andrew was on, a lot of people say, oh, my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Doesn't like it.
Speaker 2: You know, don't ever assume ask him because I had a boyfriend that just never told me that he was into a full bush.
Speaker 1: Had I known, Oh.
Speaker 2: My God, the ingrown hairs that would have been saved, the pain that would have been saved if he had just told me, Because apparently that's a fetish now become a fetish natural bodies. Ooh ah, I like real boob. Sorry, useless fact for you or is it useful? You're going to use it this week?
Speaker 1: Did you ever know? Did you ever? Did you ever?
Speaker 2: Have you ever wondered where the term eat humble pie comes from?
Speaker 1: Have you ever eaten humble pie? Well? I have?
Speaker 2: I hate it on the weekend, but of course I doubled down and turned it around and gas li it my friend. Anyway, the history of the phrase is derived from pie what, but not the American version There's warmest apple pie across the pond. In Britain, pies are savory. Well guess what the savory In Australia as well, we're kind of known for them. Ever heard of us typically containing meat and vegetables that are contained within a pastry shell. Oh my god, thanks Rach for making that entire description of what a pie is in a pastry shell? Is it's encased? Numbles refer to the entrails organs of animals, and they used to be baked into a pie. It has been suggested that the good meat of an animal was reserved for those in the higher classes of subsaty, while the rest of the animal was given.
Speaker 1: To the servants.
Speaker 2: Or my family, because we didn't have enough money to afford the good meat.
Speaker 1: That's why you in and learn how I still know how to cook cheap meat.
Speaker 2: However, there are accounts that contradicted this theory. Regardless, over time, a numble pie became a humble pie, which then became a humble pie. So have you ever eaten it? If you're rich and hoited toyture and you had to add a numble pie, weren't you slumming with the low lives dollar. I've just started Call the Midwife back to season one, so I'll let you all know how that goes, because I'm sure there's a lot of numble pies back.
Speaker 1: In the thars doors right. Have a lovely week. I hope you don't get any bad news this week. I hope you only get good news. Love you bye.