Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Maths Funny Podcast with me Joshua Fox, aka the guy behind the Maths Funny Instagram page. Tonight, we just watched the first dinner party of season twelve, which was the shit show we were all hoping it was, and a star was indeed born and her name is Jamie. The self described pocket rocket. Led the outrage at how Tim's been treating Katie and mate, she did not hold back.
Speaker 2: Take a listen to this.
Speaker 3: And I'm seeing my friend, who is genuine, who's a good person, who's now signing to go Maybe was my fault Now she's signing to take it all in like it's her. I think this is bush And I'm like, what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 4: Just a freaking glass slighted move bro, Like that's just what is this?
Speaker 3: Then you're pushing yourself, what's this?
Speaker 2: I am questioning?
Speaker 4: So that's what is this?
Speaker 3: O't she?
Speaker 4: Well, it's a piece of responsibility. I know what it's like to be in that position. I know it's like someone to make you feel less than dim you'll shine, make you question yourself, blame yourself. That is not okay.
Speaker 1: What you guys didn't see on TV, though was I was indeed there as they filmed their dinner party back in Sydney on August sixth. I remember it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, and as each of the couples arrived in the back of a taxi, you know, all consumed with both nerves and anxiety about what they were walking into. There I was, you know, in the car park, offering some words of encouragement. Take a listen to this that I recorded on the day.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm joshing.
Speaker 5: You see this building here, This is the place relationships come to die. Okay, So this year I've decided to welcome them with signs it's all downhill from here and then.
Speaker 2: Just quit. Now it's all downhill from here. Oh, this one's on her own.
Speaker 5: Alex literally is already downhill for that one.
Speaker 1: Here, here's the next couple.
Speaker 2: Good eye, Welcome to your first dinner part Keep going, keep going, whether stress production worker.
Speaker 1: Now, before I get into today's big spoiler in some drama, I'm gonna give you a little breakdown to how those dinner parties actually work, because it's nothing like it appears on TV. And I think you guys may find this interesting. Firstly, each couple is sent a taxi to bring them to the studio, and that studio is basically just a warehouse in an industrial park that they've built a set inside. And if you know Sydney, the warehouse is in Lilyfield and you know the Bay Run. You can actually see it when you're walking around the Bay Run, which is kind of cool. So yeah, each couple arrives in a taxi, there are given like a different time, so these are slagger out over maybe two hours, so people don't see each other. Before they go upstairs onto the set, a producer is waiting at the car pack gate to wave the driver in, and that's where I'm also stood, much to that producer's annoyance, But as I'm on public land, they can't do or say anything other than maybe he try to block me and they go, excuse me, public land, could you stop getting in my way please. It's quite funny because like they they go to all these measures, Like I remember one day they employed a producer to stand on public land as well, to hold an umbrella in front of me constantly, and if I made two steps to the left, that producer would take two steps to the left a meter in front holding this umbrella and it was the most ridiculous thing. So then I just climbed up a tree. And then this poor guy, it wasn't even like early twenties, his first job as an assistant in TV. He's then holding this umbrella as high as he could and I'm like, may, I'm up a tree. You're not blocking anything. But he didn't want to lower the umbrella in case he got in trouble. But yeah, it's always funny games doing these things. But yeah, So each taxi is waved into the you know, the industrial sites car park.
Speaker 2: I can't go there because that's now.
Speaker 1: Private land, and the couples are then swapped over into one of the I think it's say, Suzuki whatever characters that sponsors the show. So they arrive in just a regular fucking silver taxi that them put into the car that sponsors the show, so they can film a little arrival getting out of that car, and on TV at the start of each dinner Party episode, you'll see that there's a few shots of just maybe two or three of the couples, you know, getting out the car, closing the door, looking around like, oh, we're here. They might have a kiss, and then the next shot is them walking on set again. This is not what happens in real life. Once they're film stepping out the car and having a kiss, and then you know, walking through the doors into the building. A producer then shouts again and then they get back in the car and they do it again and often again. The worst I've ever seen these One couple had to do this seven times so they could, you know, get the shot, keep changing the cameras and like even I was like, fucking how can we you know, I've got places to be.
Speaker 2: Just hurry up. Sorry, I keep getting distracted.
Speaker 1: So yes, their film getting out the car and then they step into the warehouse and you see on TV the next shot is them arriving in the dinner party. In real life, they're then taking back out of the warehouse, walked around the side, and each couple is put into a holding pen, which is basically like a little gazebo somewhere on the industrial site to wait until it's their time to arrive on set. Now, producers do this for two reasons. Often they'll put like the more boring couples in first, you know, just to set up the scene start the episode with some happy chat, you know, like, oh, how are you going, How are you going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're going good? You want a glass of champagne? You know that type of shit.
Speaker 1: Then once those pleasantries have kind of fizzled out, the producers will get on the walkie talk and be like, all right, sending fucking deva you know, someone random and goes the next one.
Speaker 2: And then once that.
Speaker 1: Chat of hey, how are you going, mate fizzles out and you know, nothing comes from that, producers radio and the.
Speaker 2: Next one and the next one and the next one.
Speaker 1: And basically, if you're part of drama that week, you're going in last. And this is to give like the rest of the cast enough time to gossip about you before you're sending, you know, so they can set up that storyline. Producers will maybe broad people to be like, you know, oh, Katie's arrived solo, why didn't you go ask her how she's feeling?
Speaker 2: Does she feel like she's been dumped?
Speaker 1: You know, like, really make that storyline the central point of the episode. So then by the time Tim arrives, then you know, everyone's so hyped up and angry because it's all they've been talking about and It's funny with those pens as well, because like sometimes the castas sat in there for literally hours, and like on TV, they might create all this suspense, like teasing, is this groom gonna arrive? Is he has he quit?
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen? Is he gonna come?
Speaker 1: Everyone's speculating and bitching about him, and you think he's not gonna arrive, and then at the last minute the door opens, He's arrived, But in reality, he arrived three hours ago, filmed himself walking in the building, walked back around the building, and has been sat on his own in a little gazebo, And like, this isn't me speculating, It's fact. I've been outside of so many of these shoots, and like when I take my pictures and videos, you know, the all of time stamps attached to them. I could give you a rundown of the exact minute the cars arrive in their car back, and they're always like, what ten minutes apart At best, it's like a military operation when they do these shoots, but they basically just want to get them there as early as they can so they can kind of control them and say, for example, you're the groom who's going to be, you know, the the big talking point and the villain of that episode who everyone's bitching about. Holding him in that pen for three hours on his own is kind of clever because he's got no one to talk to.
Speaker 2: Everything's going around in his head.
Speaker 1: He's getting worked up, he's getting agitated that by the time they finally say, right, mate, here you go, he's fucking like ready to fire up. So yeah, that's how these dinner parts work in real life. If anyone's ever woundered. Contestants are also allowed like a smoking break, and then it's funny because they have to like put their hand up and then they're taking in an elevator downstairs to a designated smoking area, and like logistically, it's just funny how these things work anyway, And moving on from that into today's spoiler, I reckon we have our first confirmed split of the season. Over the weekend, I received a voice note from one follower on Instagram who spotted a certain groom out in Sydney on Friday and well, yeah, spoiler alert, take a listen to what they said.
Speaker 6: Hey, Josh, so I was out Friday night in the city and I saw this guy and I was like, oh my god, he looks like Adrian from Maths and it was him, and he was out with another girl, but it wasn't the one he's married to in the show, So I think they might have been on a date because it was quite late at night and they were very cozy together and when they left they were holding hands.
Speaker 1: Now, to me, if you're un married at first sight and viewers have only just watched you get married and they've still got like two months more of your storyline, but you're out in public openly holding hands with somebody else, to me, that says you don't give a fuck, You're over it and you don't care. So then, anyway, after I got that, I did a bit more digging and I found out that after the show wrapped in November, when final vow ceremonies were filmed, Adrian then spent December in Bali with another woman who people are saying he's just a friend, but they were making like all these daily video blogs on TikTok and cute content together, which he deleted over the weekend when fans started to notice and go, wait, is this that's not your wife? I know the ballet thing is not exactly concrete evidence, and I know that like every year, as filming does wrap after those final vast ceremonies, naturally every couple do briefly separating or so they can go back to the normal lives, often in different states. But you'd think if Adrian and Athena did last, he'd maybe have popped over to Perth to spend time with her over the holidays, not spending in Balley with another woman who you know, she might just be a friend, she might be more, who knows, But it just kind of says to me, these two are over, and guess what else is over? Today's podcast? Once again, thank you for listening. And my friend said I should tell people to like do the rating thing on Spotify and Apple.
Speaker 2: Just because apparently it really helps me out.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how are why, because I don't really know how podcasts work yet, but yeah, if you could click like, well, I'm not going to tell you to click five stars, you click how many stars you think this podcast deserves. But if it is five, thank you very much. And if it's one, fuck off, no just joking, you can still listen and hate it. I've been watching Master for years now and hate half the people on there. Still fun though, isn't it, say Yer