Speaker 1: Apogee production.
Speaker 2: Scary creepy stories, and we've actually asked you guys to send in yours. I've got one I want to share. You've got one as far.
Speaker 1: I've got some from growing up.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it. Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: Basically, my grandparents have owned the house for over forty years now. The house is about one hundred and ten years old. During their time living there, my great grandmother passed away on the front step. Exactly three days later. Oh my gosh, her dog died on that same step.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 4: A couple of years later, my uncle passed away from cancer three days after he's passing. The cat everyone called his passed away on the same step as my great grandmother and her dog.
Speaker 1: I've got full goosebumps.
Speaker 3: What the hell? Wow?
Speaker 1: Going on?
Speaker 4: Thirty years later, a number of other pets have passed away on this same step. For years and years, we have never used these steps because of what happened. Now, for certain reasons, we have to use these steps. But the creepy part is that every time a new person walks up the one specific step, they describe a cold feeling and get goosebumps.
Speaker 1: Oh man, oh, I'd be ripping it. Down and build.
Speaker 3: It's really creepy.
Speaker 1: Ay, that's really really creepy.
Speaker 4: Some things there's just like no answer form, like the way some things happened in the world.
Speaker 3: Hay, Oh my gosh, I'll tell one of mine. I've got a couple. I remember.
Speaker 2: I was at my girlfriend's house. I must have been about sixteen. I'd nearly got my license and I was borrowing her mum's car to go home and get some clothes. I was going to stay the night, and she's got a really long driveway. Now, as I turned around, because I didn't have reverse cameras, turned around to reverse, I saw a ghost like figure and it was a girl with long, dark hair. The hair was like past her bum just standing in the middle of the driveway, and I slammed the brakes on screened the whole family.
Speaker 3: That were home came down.
Speaker 2: So it's like, what happened? I had to explain what happened. There was a fourteen year old girl that had passed away in the house next store.
Speaker 3: Like many and many years ago. The next one neighbor, did.
Speaker 1: You ever see photos of her?
Speaker 3: See if it was like what?
Speaker 2: I didn't see photos, but they said it was a teenage girl that had passed. I can still vividly see what she looked like. Oh that is she had a long dress on, long dark hair, and it was just like almost like a whitish darkest shadow.
Speaker 3: It was so creepy.
Speaker 2: That was my first like proper encounter with what I think was a ghost.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 4: There's nothing in that moment like just the amount of scarcity, feel shock.
Speaker 2: I'm not actually scared of ghosts like your spirits, but I was just like, whoa, I've just never seen one before.
Speaker 3: It was crazy. I don't think they could hurt you.
Speaker 4: But my mum and dad have got a lot of stories basically growing up, my dad's father collected a lot of antiques. That was what he did, so we had all old antiques like old grandfather clocks.
Speaker 1: Or creepy stuff everywhere.
Speaker 4: And then as well, like my dad when my grandfather passed away, took a fair few.
Speaker 1: Of his antiques to our house.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 4: It was insane, like you would wake up in the night and you would hear footsteps outside your room. So my grandfather wore big like the metal steel cap boots all the time. It's fully wore, yeah, so you'd hear them and then it would just stop at your bedroom and you'd just be looking there's nothing there, And then like you'd walk out and the night cupboard doors would be open, there'd be spoons on the table, draws open.
Speaker 1: It was a nightly thing.
Speaker 4: It happened regularly at my house at Arundle that we lived at. It was so bizarre, and my mom even one day has had like different encounters where she's been like following thinking it was my dad from behind with like a washy barket chatting to him, and then would like turn around and then the person would be gone, and my dad would walk through the opposite direction and be like.
Speaker 1: What are you doing you talking to And my mom be like balled.
Speaker 4: She was just like what There's been some weird situations growing up in around all those old antigues.
Speaker 2: I remember my nan, actually my pop passed away. On his side of the bed, there was this like little lamp. It looked like a candle, but he turned it on and off. I might have been in the story wrong. My Mom's gonna listen to this and get confirmation here, but from memory, my Nan turned off this lamp and then just kept turning back on. And I think we felt like that was him like saying I'm still here. Yeah, because she'd fully turned off and just would automatically turn on at nighttime at the same time. Mum, please confirm but from memory twenty years ago, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So creepy crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my gosh, you've just prompted one more. That's like pretty gnarly. So when my dad was young, he would have been around like ten. His dad had an old rocking chair and he's rocking back and forth in it, and he's fallen asleep over the.
Speaker 1: Edge like this is the rocking chair, like with his head back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he had this big stabbing pain on the sides of his face at his temples, big stabbing pain. Opened his eyes and there was an old creepy man like over the edge looking at him. He could feel his fingernails like digging in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I know. My mom and dad they did widdie board.
Speaker 3: Oh my.
Speaker 4: Growing up, they had so many crazy encounters and things that they have shared.
Speaker 1: Creepy, so creep Wow.
Speaker 4: I haven't experienced anything like that, like even you seeing that. I've never seen anything myself. Yeah, I've heard footsteps and stuff like that. I've seen weird things happen, but I haven't actually encountered. Like, that's quite unique that you've actually seen yeah something, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Crazy all right. Next story.
Speaker 2: In one house, I woke up during the night and saw a family of ghosts, a mother, father, son, and daughter just standing at the end of my bed. I told my sister in the morning, and she went white, and then told me that my other sister had said that she had seen a family of ghosts in the mirror a few days beforehand. Also in another house, my sister got home from a boyfriend's house and I was asleep in our room downstairs. When she pulled up, the light was on, but when she got inside and into our room it was off. Also, I was in the shower once and had two towels.
Speaker 3: On the rail.
Speaker 2: I grabbed the closest one to wrap my hair up so my hair wouldn't drip on everything, then went to get the second one that was further away and had it been moved over so it was closer to me. We found out that the previous owner was a husband had hung himself in the garage right next to our bedroom and en suite.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, it's a couple of creepy ones. You had all at once.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh Haikiara and Ashley, I've got a scary ghost story for your podcast. I'm not someone who gets frined easily, but the story I'm about to share had myself and partner move out of this house while still having to pay rent on it for a month.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: After six months after we'd moved in, I started noticing small things, such as something brushing past me while cooking dinner, and just a feeling of general presence of someone and hearing sounds, all of which I convinced myself was coincidence. Then one night I woke up to a man grabbing me around my stomach and ribs. My partner was asleep next to me, and he woke up to the sound of me screaming. There was no actual man there, but what we could only assume was a ghost. We settled down after a minute or so when we heard a cracking type sound on the walls between ours and our eighteen month old daughter's bedroom. She'd been fast asleep, but seconds after the cracking sound the wall, she screamed, this terrible screen like I'd never heard before. It was like this man was grabbing her too. I quickly ran into her room and brought it into our bed. This is only one of the moments we encountered this ghost. We moved out six weeks after this particular incident, and we've had no issues since moving out.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Scary and having a kid. That prompts one other story that I had. I was playing I think it was like hide and go Seek with a girlfriend at her house and she was trying to find me and I was up against this wall. I was up against a wall and I felt a hand like grab my back, but there was no way for someone to grab my back because I was up against a wall.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I turned around, thinking it was her. I remembered I was against a wall and there's no one there. I physically felt someone touch my back.
Speaker 3: Wow, it was crazy.
Speaker 4: It was young remembering things like that, Like, you know, how much of an impact if you still remember it so clearly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nice, but your kids. Oh, I don't know if anyone remembers if you followed me on Snapchat or even YouTube back in the day.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you followed back then.
Speaker 1: I hate with a monotone.
Speaker 3: He had a lady in the cor Yes, I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: And I watched We watched one of my old flogs the other day and he literally was like explaining this lady grabbing his knee and she was angry. It was crazy, but I remember for ages he'd just be like ladies in my cot, ladies in my cot. I remember Nat came over and like saged it, and I got some other lady to come in and like do some spiritual I don't know what she did, but at that house there was always a lady in his cot with him. And we moved house, I never heard of it again.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And they say that younger people are more open. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel like it's one of those things are more closed off you other more you don't.
Speaker 2: Definitely that went on for years, the whole time in that house from him like talking.
Speaker 3: He would always talk about this lady in the cot.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Sometimes he would say she was angry, otherwise he would just say the ladies there, like the ladies in the cot. I have no idea who that is, because I don't really have anyone close to me, like I had a grand that past, but I wasn't super close with her. I thinks she'd be like popping on.
Speaker 1: Over maybe she's just watching over ye weird.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: When my little brother was about five I would have been about eight, I remember him always having trouble sleeping in his own room. He used to say that he was scared. Mum told us that one night she was checking on us all before she went to bed, my brother was sitting up in his bed in the dark talking. When Mom asked him who he was talking to, he said, super casually, the girl at the end of my bed. Mum was totally freaked out, but tried to play it off as maybe he was asleep and dreaming. When she asked him about it the next morning, he told her all about the girl that sits at the end of the bed and talks to him at night time. He's twenty five now and doesn't seem to remember it. But his old room is now my younger sister's room, and he refuses to go in there alone, says it's creepy and gives him weird vibes.
Speaker 4: I can't believe how many people I have had like usual encharacters. Yeah, okay, next one, oh me. My sister and my best friend did a Ouiji board and we had the entire dining table filled with spirit. One spirit was saying she was my great Annie's friend and she had been watching over my sister through her cancer. Later my mum confirmed her name and her relationship, which matched what the spirit said. Me and my sister have never heard of her before.
Speaker 3: Well, would you do it with you?
Speaker 2: Bought, No, you wouldn't. No, say let's do it in the hotel. She fuck that, Oh, because I how to do it.
Speaker 4: Well, you have to close it and stuff properly, otherwise they follow you, they stay with you.
Speaker 2: Many years ago, when my grandma passed away, I returned to New Zealand with my dad and sisters for her funeral.
Speaker 3: We traveled down.
Speaker 2: Auckland to Hawk's Bay and arrived late in the evening to the family home where she had passed and where the rest of the family was staying. Before going into the house, I was drawn to the backyard, where she had a beautiful garden that was her pride and joy, filled with roses, grapevines along the side of the fences, a lemon tree, and every vegetable that you could think of. This was my happy place whenever I visited. After a while of taking in the feeling of being close with her, my intuition was telling me to go into the garage. It had a roller door at the front and an open doorway on the right side. As I walked through the side doorway, I was filled with a force I couldn't explain other than a pushing feeling, as if someone was literally walking through me as I walked through, then an instant feeling of love, happiness, and peace. I know that it was her way of letting me know that she was at peace and she knew.
Speaker 3: I was there.
Speaker 2: Ever since that day, at random moments, I have two swallows that will appear, and I know it's my mar and Granddad keeping watching over me. Oh oh, that's beautiful, that's cute.
Speaker 4: I was sixteen and on work experience. I used to work on one side of the train track and my friends got a job at the other side of the train tracks. I would meet them there for lunch on their side each day. It was in a dodgy suburb where the law courts were. I was walking back through the park I usually walked through. It was so lovely, but no one hardly walked there. As I looked up out of nowhere, there was an old lady walking towards me.
Speaker 1: She told me to turn back and walk with her as there were two people hiding behind a tree.
Speaker 4: So I walked back with her to go another When we got back to the main road, we went our separate ways. As I walked off, I turned around and she was nowhere to be seen. To this day, I think this.
Speaker 1: Was one of my guardian angels or guides.
Speaker 3: So it was a ghost, I'm guessing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so like walk the other way, So somebody's protecting her.
Speaker 3: That's incredible, I know.
Speaker 4: Wow, give me goosebumps all these stories.
Speaker 2: My oldest brother married a beautiful Indigenous lady and her family are very spiritual. I stayed at my sister in law's mum's place for a night and heard some footsteps coming up the hallway. I thought it was my niece and nephew getting out of bed and running around as they were toddlers, so I sat up and told them to go back to bed. As I looked at the doorway of the room I was in, I seen a lady standing there in a white dressing gown. I'd never seen her in my life. But I could also see that she wasn't a full solid human. She was very flowy, and faint. That's how I remember the girl.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I knew right away it must have been a spirit, and I was like, nope, ain't nobody got time for that. So I got under the covers and continuously said please go away, Please go away. I was totally freaking out. I got up the next morning and told my brothers mother in law what had happened. She asked me if the lady was wearing a white dressing gown. I said, yes, exactly what she was wearing. She said that it was her mum and that I was staying in her mum's old bedroom. I never slept in that bedroom again, but the house has always terrified me, as I would always hear footsteps in the hallway. And one day my nephew woke up and said to his Auntie on his mom's side, I saw a ghost last night. She told me her name was Auntie Daphne. That was a great aunt of his that he had never met or been told about before. They had been murdered years and years before he was even born.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Another time at my brother's house, him and his family were watching a movie in their loungerom, which was separate to the kitchen. They heard a big bang in the kitchen, so my brother got up and went into the kitchen to see a white board they had on the wall, now on the floor on the other side of the room. He was feeling really fed up with weird things going on in the house, like banging on the walls and now this, and he was kind of skeptical about spirits, even though his wife is such a big believer and did a lot of work with spirits and psychics. So he said, I'm sick of you chicken shit. Spirit's banging on our walls and being annoying and now throwing stuff on our wall. You're nothing but chicken shit. You never show your face. Then he left the kitchen came back to the kitchen fifteen minutes later to find a picture of a chicken head drawn in Nico pen huge on his kitchen table. He was so spun out, went to the lounge room and asked if anyone had left the lounge room, and they said no, they'd all been there watching a movie and not left. He'd seriously pissed off a spirit calling them a chicken shit, so they drew a chicken head on his table. Anytime I went to his house. It was just hectic energy vibes so creepy.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's really I think the spirits would be like mean like that.
Speaker 4: You can get bad ones baby, oh yeah, uh huh. Especially there's different burial grounds and stuff that like houses have been built on. This was like my grandfather's one. He was on a burial ground.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there was just like nhe things buying a house.
Speaker 1: On found out years later. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And some people just not like magic, feel murdered. Like some people are angry, true, or if they didn't get like, you know, an't the goodbye, they want it, or they're just like valid, your kah's valid.
Speaker 3: It valid