Speaker 1: Apodjay production.
Speaker 2: We begin today by acknowledging the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather today and pay our respects to their elders past and present. We extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's here today. Welcome to the Grow and Glow Podcast. I'm Ashy, I'm Kiara. This is a podcast where we learn, laugh, and level up together. Let's go deep, let the emotions flow, and find the lessons to grow and Glow.
Speaker 1: Nothing is off the table with Grow and Glow and we're here to be your expander. Lucky Wednesday, Welcome back. So today's episode, we've got a few different stories and just different things to bring up. Do you want to start on what shore this comment this person made about.
Speaker 2: What you're wearing?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: So you guys know, we're all about being your authentic self, doing what makes you feel good, leaning into wearing what you want to wear. We are your girls, that we are hype girls. Yes, so try to embody all of this ourself. Anyway, went to a barbecue and I had a maxi dress on, a black maxi dress that went all the way to my ankles and it had a nice little scoop neck. There was no Cleavid showing, there was no legs showing. I felt very classy.
Speaker 1: I had that.
Speaker 2: And then I had like a beautiful coat that I had hung over my arms. I had my heels on, I had my jury on. I was feeling myself oh slash, feeling so good. I just yeah, I felt really really great. But anyways, and night was going on and everything was all like good, so good, ha ha ha, and then somebody then someone turns to me and she goes to me, why are you wearing that? And it was just one of those moments for me where I was like, this is why you should just wear what you want to wear, because no matter what you wear, somebody's not gonna like it or have an opinion about it. Anyway. Yeah, the first thing I did is I said, excuse me, we are you talking to me? Because I know then she's got to take a second to go, oh shit.
Speaker 1: Did I just say that, yeah.
Speaker 2: And kind of hold her a little bit accountable, and then she was like, oh yeah, yeah, like why are you wearing that?
Speaker 1: I don't think I wouldn't know what to say.
Speaker 2: I've never been asked before. My whole life that to my face. Ever, So what did you say? I said, because I feel great in it? I said, I feel fucking fabulous. Isn't that tone? No? Because I feel great? Yeah, it was very uncomfortable, and I was a little bit triggered afterwards. I was like, why comment on what someone else is wearing? And plus like just gonna say I usually dress a lot more provocative than that. And I think because, like I said to you, I've actually never in my life, face to face, had somebody asked me why I was wearing what I was wearing. And yeah, Kur and I had a chat on the drive back home, and I was like, how funny was that? And you know, it's just one of those things where you go, how funny is it that what I'm wearing can make someone feel so uncomfortable that they literally.
Speaker 1: Have to say it to your face. It's one thing to think about it, but to say it to another woman and to.
Speaker 2: Cause the uncomfortableness in the room. It just created such an uncomfortable environment. But it just so badly had to be said. So to me, like, I can obviously reflect and be like, obviously, that's something that's got way more to do with her and herself than it does to me.
Speaker 1: It just feels so strange to ask because we would never comment that on another woman's body. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it was really great though, that I was wearing what I was wearing, because I think if I was wearing something a bit more provocative, I would have thought it was because of that. But it was actually really great that I was wearing something really classic. I could really like clearly see and be like, this is nothing on me. Yes, I'm wearing like that coat over there, like a big coat, a dress that is fitted and down to my ankles. I said to Ashley when I spoke to you afters I was like, I've actually never experienced this face to face before.
Speaker 1: I never have either, like online I have, like I have had a couple of comments about picking Tarj up from school in active wear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had another mum from school contact me afterwards and just be like, oh, I do think it's appropriate to be wearing your shorts and a crop top to ask or pickup And I said, well, who said it's not appropriate? Like it's active rare. I own an active wear company, I'm an active mum. I'm running Errand's all day I'm not going to rock up in heels and a moomoo. That's not my style. No, I'm just comfortable. And it wasn't even like a low You know, there's a lot of sports brides out there these days that are like really strict, lots of skin on the back, really low cutlet of cleavage like and even if they were, I would not care if a mum rocked up to school on that. And I obviously respect there's definitely different cultures and things that have different beliefs and you know, wear different clothes. But for me, like, it's okay in my world for me to wear active wear. But I had a moment that I was like, gosh, should I wear an oversized tea or something? I was like, no, why don't judge the mum's wearing whatever they want to wear, if they want to rock up in a Chanelle suit or wear a moomoo.
Speaker 2: Or we're active for it like you do you Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what's happened in your day. I don't know what makes you feel good. God of white business, what.
Speaker 2: You wear, and also buy you showing up and going to school wearing that, Like I see other women do that and I'll be like, oh, it like gives me permission in a way. Yeah, Like the first time I saw another woman wearing active but I was like, if I'm going to gym straight afterwards, I can tell one percent. Yeah, So it's kind of again like goes back to like leading the way.
Speaker 1: And if I imagine if I was like, oh, okay, I won't wear that next time, but I was going to the gym after and now I have to take a second set of clothing to make Karen over here feel happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate that we use.
Speaker 1: The name Karen. If your name is Karen, I'm so so sorry. It's a really unfortunate name actually making new on even like sensitive Sally, Like if your name Sally, that sucks. I feel like Sally and Karen's names Oh my goodness. But yeah, we just want to chat about that. To just like wear the dress where the act of wear, wear what makes you feel comfortable. Stop living your life for everyone else but yourself, because otherwise you're just going to have so much resentment built up and then you look back on your life when you're eating on your deathbed and go far out. I wish I wore that dress when I looked good. I wish I just owned it. Why did I listen to everyone that doesn't care about me? They don't even know me. I don't even know them. That's it, you know.
Speaker 2: And even as well, like, regardless of what you're wearing, if you're gonna trigger someone, you're gonna trigger somewhere. I feel like if you walked in there with active wear on, or you walked in there with like a dress or address on, that person still would have been feeling those similar feelings. So it says more about the other person than it does about hundred percent.
Speaker 1: So flick it off and keeping you shake it up. I have another crazy story. So we had these new neighbors that arrived and the guy was out there Mowen's lawns. I said to see if I'll pull over say hello, and they were like, hey, mate, welcome to the neighborhood. And Steve shook his hand, and so it's a really nice neighborhood. The kid's everywhere, like you have kids getting conversation. And then I'm in the passenger seat and he's right next to Steve and he looks at me, tilts his head and he goes, you don't remember me? Do you? And I'm like, oh god, oh what I was like, No, it's like fifteen years ago at the Ivy night club in Sydney. Here I am thinking, oh gosh, have we hooked up? There's really uncomfortable. Why is he bringing this up in front of Steve? But I'm also like, I feel like I've got a pretty good memory and I don't remember him. And he's like, oh interesting, and we're like it was kind of just like left at that, like, okay, we'll see you around. See drives off and see. He's like, so, what happened? What happened there? I'm like, honestly, babe, before I had kissed him or something, I've got nothing to hide. It was fifteen years ago, but I honestly don't remember him. And then I felt Bagcas, I feel like I've got such a good memory. And anyways, a couple of weeks later, he's got a little girl similar age to Tala, and our little girls get along so well. We're literally next door neighbors, so we're always outside playing and it's just me and him with our girls. Because so, you really don't remember that night? And I said no, but there's obviously a story enlighten me, tell me. He's like, so you and your friend, I won't say her name. I'm not differ friends with her anymore. We actually stopped being friends after this night, probably for this reason. He said, you and your friend were at Ivy nightclub and you were quite intoxicated, which yes, eighteen nineteen year old, as she didn't know how to handle that alcohol. And there was a bunch of us boys and a lot of people, and you and her had a hotel room and we ended up going back to the hotel room and you were really intoxicated, and you had said to your friend, I'm going to go to bed because I'm just like not feeling good. You went to bed, and as you've gone to bed, this guy has like given a nods as if he's going to like, yeah, I'm going in there, followed me in there, and my next neighbor must have had like a gut intuition of what the fuck's going on? We're in there, and if he came in a minute later would have been inside me.
Speaker 2: Did you remember this night? So I don't remember, really blacked out, So you must only just become aware of this when he.
Speaker 1: Has told you. Yeah, fifteen years later.
Speaker 2: So that guy could have done that and gotten away with it. Yeah, you would not even have any memory.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I would have woken up and been sore, or like maybe seeing a condo. I don't know. Well, but I was just like, oh my god. And he put out his phone. He's like, is this your number? It was my old number. I was like, oh my gosh, this is a full blown true story. And he said he punched the guy got him out, and then we both obviously never spoke to that girl again. I remember this girl. We just went online and we were having fun or whatever, but I remember that night being really upset with her because I'm quite a girl's girl, like when I got with my girls. Yeah, I was single, and I'm sure I was flirty and like ready to meet people. But when I'm out with my friends, like I want to be with them, I'm not the girl that's going to ditch you for a guy. And she was the opposite. She just wanted to be around the boys, wanted the attention, and I was very left out and young and just not handling my alcohol.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: So I remember that night being like, oh, I feel like she's a shitty friend, Like she's just not hanging out with me. This isn't fun. I want to go to bed, but I don't remember that happening. I must have been passed out asleep and yeah, then they kicked him out, but he put his number in my phone and got my number. He must have checked up, and I'm not sure, but I was like, whoa what a full on eighty of like fifteen.
Speaker 2: Years later and he's your neighbor.
Speaker 1: This man is my neighbor. And he's the most beautiful man. He's so kind and caring. He's such a beautiful dad. He's got a beautiful wife with two other kids, like just so nice. And I was just like, holy shit, thank you. And he was like, yeah, it's just the right thing to do, like kind of brush it off. I was like, no, thank you. That moment could have changed my life forever. Oh yeah, and like you saved me. It's crazy. And then when Stephen way to Japan, I'm really, as you guys have heard on a previous episode about intrusive thoughts, I get really scared when Steve's away. I ended up getting Nathan's new number and was just like, oh, Steve goes away next week, Like is there any chance I can just get your number and if anything happened. He's like, yep, call me straight away. My phone's on loud. I've got security. He's a fireman. He's like, I've got security cameras all set up, you just call me. There was one night where Taco went crazy and barked like absolutely nuts. And I've got a Golden Retriever. They're not aggressive dogs, but they're very, very protective. If they feel there's something that's not right, you're gonna hear about it, which is great. So this night and Steve's away, he was like like growling and like retrievers don't do that. And then I was like, it's crazy, this instinctive energy that you get when you're a mum and you have to step up. If Steve's home, I will just get so scared and like hide in my donner and like get him to go check it. But when you're home alone and you think someone's out there that could harm your babies, and you know me my in truve thoughts, I was like, oh, what's happening. So I ran to the front door, turn the light and opened the front door because I thought if someone's out there and they see a dog and someone coming out, They're gonna run. That's my thought process. As I opened the door and turned the light on, there was a car out in the front of my house. I've got a big gate so we are protected, and they sped off. I was like, like full anxious. So I message Nathan and he checked his cameras or whatever and he's like phones on laud, like just call me anytime. But it's just so nice. I was like, well, you've saved me once before again. But yeah, it was so cool to just and go back and tell Steve that story. He was like, thank goodness, Like what a hero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy, right, that's crazy all the place crazy. He remembers you after all those years too.
Speaker 1: Well, that was a really pivotal moment for him, I suppose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like seeing what could have happened and to save someone and like he's a fireman like you say seople every day. I'm like, it's meant to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I'm all human and so lucky. But you just think in fifteen years, out of all the places he could end up living, ends up being my neighbor.
Speaker 2: And he was in Sydney, lived in Sydney.
Speaker 1: He was Melbourne. That's great. We were all in Sydney for a holiday. So she lived in Melbourne. I lived in Perth. Wow. Yeah, and now you're my neighbor like that, and we hang out all the time just outside with our girls and it's just so nice.
Speaker 2: That's so nice. Crazy story, hey crazy yeah, and even the chat about like friends like gosh. I have memories like that too, where I remember going out with the girlfriend and she was single and she just like left me at the club on my own. I ended up having So we're gonna get home together. I couldn't pay for a couple of my own. We're gonna split the first wim. We're so young. I'm having to call Kurt, and Kurt had to like come get me in that. Yeah lucky you didn't have kids and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, but I feel like it's girl code. I don't know in my RAL book. I know we've all got different rule books, but my ral book.
Speaker 2: Is like, never leave a girl on their own.
Speaker 1: You have your girl's backs, and you don't ever let them by themselves, go to toilet by themselves, walk home by themselves, walk out to have a cigarette by themselves, like stay together, no way. And even when I had friends that would like go home with men like you bet you? I asked the man a hundred questions you bet your? I made them feel like pressured and scared, like I would get their address, I would look at their license like I was maybe psycho, but I was like, my job as a friend is to protect you. I want to know where you're going. I want to know that you're okay. So yeah, that's full girl code for me.
Speaker 2: But thank goodness he was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting. So, as we said, this is a bit of a wacky Wednesday episode, just a bunch of random stuff.
Speaker 2: Ya.
Speaker 1: Kiara and I've just been like talking of and discussing, and we love sharing with you what's like our thought process and the different stories that happen. But something I've been thinking about lately is a bucket list. And I've been thinking, like, you know, I'm thirty five, turning thirty six, I feel like, and Steve's nine years older than me, always thinking like he's kind of heading into that second half of his life, which makes me emotional saying because in my head I'm still twenty five and he's still young, Like, but we're getting older, and I've done so much in my life. I've been really reflecting as I'm going through a lot of changes in my life, big changes and a lot of reflection journaling, and I've been thinking about all the things that I've achieved, like in business wise and finances and traveling and kids and health and investments, and just doing a lot of reflecting, Like, Okay, I really want to write down what I want to do before I die. So I've started creating a bucket list, and I thought we could share just five of our bucket lists that we want to do before we die. Yeah, so do you want to go one for one?
Speaker 2: Lets do one for one A couple of mine, probably like three or four of mine you've actually done, like you've done.
Speaker 1: I've done a lot in my Yeah, I've done a lot of traal, Like I've really have done a lot. And it's what's helped me make some big decisions lately because I'm like, why am I doing this or that? Like I've achieved all of that. I don't need that title anymore. I don't need to hang on to that, Like, Yeah, I'm proud of so much of what I've done, and I don't want to just hang on to an old version of Ashy because that feels comfortable or that feels safe. Ever since I've been in hospital, I feel like my whole life has changed, my whole perspective. Got to love a good health scare for that. But it's been such a blessing. So it's been really cool to explore, like who is this new version of Ashy? What does she want, what does she enjoy? What am I needing right now as well? And yeah, the bucket list things come up and I've been chatting to Steve about it too, and it's exciting because then I can like put the energy out there and they start to plan like when and how we can make these things happen. Yeah, so I'll go first with mine. I've always wanted to go to the Northern Lights to go and see them because it just looks so beautiful. You've seen photos of it. It's like the whole sky is lit up in this fluo green and you have to go like travel quite far out.
Speaker 2: Oh I have seen since you said fluo green, I have seen photos of all.
Speaker 1: Oh, it just looks like the most beautiful nature site. Like I've always just dreamt of going there. And like getting photos in my family. I feel like Taj would just be like holy moly. Yeah, but I've recently learned we have Southern lights that the whole sky is like pink down in Tasmania. Oh what Yes, in September it's like the main time. So I'm going to like try to do that in September this year. Well, yes, we've put it down in Tasmania. I where it's the northern ones long way away over in Europe, but these ones in Tasmania they are beautiful but different lights. So I really want to do that in September. But that's my first one.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful Northern and Southern lights. Want to tick both of them off amazing. My first one is take the kids to Disneyland. Yes, I just think that'll just be such a huge like moment and something that the whole family will just like treasure and remember forever.
Speaker 1: Which one would you go to?
Speaker 2: Probably the American one. It's one in Japan too, Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably the best one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will not be fussy. I would take either yea, but Disneyland and take kids and just see their little faces light up and don't want to be tripped by that would be very expensive, true, yeah, but I think it would be such an incredible memory, Oh so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Definitely. I think most families would want to do that. Hey, yeah, I'm taking Taji to the Paris one when we go to Europe. I've shortened our trips. We're gonna do Dubai. But I feel like Steve's got massive formo with Dubai Becau. Dubai is such a cool family trip. There's so many fun things you do with the family. I don't think i've updated you guys on what we're doing with your whole Europe trip. So Steve's staying behind me Tala and I'm taking Taj. Yes, so really exciting and Taj is super excited. So yeah, we're going to do Dubai Italy and then Paris. But I just think it's going to be a little bit too long away from Tala for me personally. We'll have to stop and Dubai. But I'll go straight from Dubai to Italy for the wedding and then we're gonna go to Paris and you can stay at Disneyland and I've even looked up the rise. We watch YouTube videos on a the top ten like fastest rides. I'm terrified of heights. You can't get me on a roller coaster. All of these roller coasters they're all indoors, so I can.
Speaker 2: Go with them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cool because I love speed, I like like adrenaline, but not anything with heights.
Speaker 2: No, you can see down.
Speaker 1: So these are like dark and the light. So basically the top ten rides there, I'm literally gone. All of them with him. Be so fun for me because I don't do that stuff with him. No, it's going to be such a special like mum and son trips. I'm really excited to do that with him. But Disneyland, Yeah, I've been to London, America years ago, but not with children. It's just not the same.
Speaker 2: No, you want to take their little faces lighter.
Speaker 1: Oh so cute? Yeah, and you want to do it also, not before they're too old. Yeah, but they can still appreciate the Disney characters and relate to the movies and stuff.
Speaker 2: True, not too young and not too old?
Speaker 1: Yeah young? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: All your kids are close together. For that, I feel like I'll miss out.
Speaker 2: I feel like when Reeg's is like around six or something, age perfect. Yes, yeah, cool.
Speaker 1: So something Steve and I have been talking about lately, as we obviously love traveling, is I really want to take the kids like around the world trip for three months before in between age. I think maybe when he's like thirteen and she's six or seven, but literally take three months off and just travel around the world. Wow. Yeah, I would really love to do that. We're actually going to do two months in Balley next year. I've decided. Yeah. So Steve asked me the other day's like, you've always wanted to live in BALI. I said, yeah, I would definitely do a stint there. He's like, well, what's the stint. I was like, I'm not sure, Like definitely a couple of months. He was like, oh, should we do it December January this year? Like just go in the summertime. I was like yeah. He's like, actually, let's escape the winter because we hate the cold. Yeah, so we're going to do next winter but it's freezing here and go over there for eight weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh, that'd be amazing. Such a nice solid time away too.
Speaker 1: We would love it. We thrive over there. I can't imagine like waking up and like that's your new routine for eight weeks, the gym's, the cafes, like dissume with the kids, and just those memories when we're older, we'll look back on that just being like one of the best trips of our lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the next thing on my bucket list is see the snow. I've still never seen the snow, and Miller wants to go so badly. We've had this chat a few times, like we've borne to go, and now she's like, I would wait till they're a little bit older, and everyone else ha said the same thing. Yeah, So I just have never seen the snow before, and I just think it'd be so fun.
Speaker 1: So special. It was such a beautiful moment for Taj to see it. We took him in a helicopter, like a helicopter ride in Queenstown. Yeah, and they take you up fucking shitting bricks. It was so scary for me. I'm like terrified of heights. Yeah. I really had to breathe my way through. And this is like a week after the Sea World accident happened in the helicopter, so I'm like shaking, not breathing. The pilot next to me is laughing because how scartto was because he's like, I do hundreds of lights each month. This is easy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's so helpful thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. That makes me feel so much better. Anyways, we went right up to the top of the mountain and the helicopter just had to find like a flat patch and land on the tip of this mountain and we had to get out and touch snow. So that was Taj's first experience touching snow because we went in summer time, but up in the mountains it's obviously freezing. Yeah, we got touched snow on a mountain, which is incredible. I've also been to Japan snowboarding, and I've also been to Whistler and I've also been to the snow in New Zealand. Yeah, so it's incredible. But I do think, wait till they're older and.
Speaker 2: I I feel like I need to bring the grandparents along. I feel like I need to stop there. So then if like Kurt and I want to go like for a snowboard together, so we're not otherwise one of us will just be with the kids the whole time. I can't go together, or you can.
Speaker 1: If you want to put them into the kids ski school. Yes, so they go in like a group of five or ten or whatever, and then they all learn to ski together. And then the parents go off and do that. They go on to ski school from like nine to three or something. They get to learn by the teachers, which you have to you have to get lessons anyway, if you've never done it. Yes, and then you guys can go snowbody for the day. Oh so cool if you want to do which is cool. But having grandparents there because it's very tiring on your body. Yeah, and if the kids don't enjoy it, at least you'd have them there, you know, step in and help.
Speaker 2: Yes, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so through. I love a good surprise. I love surprise. I love someone organizes me a surprise, And I really get a lot of joy out of organizing surprises for other people. I've always been that friend that does a big surprise parties or organizes birthdays, organizes events. I love it. So I would love to organize a surprise trip for like a girlfriend or like a group of friends. And I would love for Steve to organize a surprise trip for me where I don't know where we're going. Yeah, it's like pack your bags and we go to the airport and I have no idea where we're going.
Speaker 2: Wow, so you actually don't known till you get there. Oh yeah, that would be so fun. Yeah that's awesome.
Speaker 1: That just excites me, like oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, it's so fun. And I've taken like girlfriends on trips before, but I could be so fun for them not to know where You've planned like fun girly activities that you can do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that's such a good one.
Speaker 1: Trips so good.
Speaker 2: So next one is go hot air ballooning.
Speaker 1: Oh, I couldn't think of anything.
Speaker 2: You're going to say that. I've actually got a voucher, do you. So what I need to do is I need to get Kurt a ticket too so we can go together. But I think it'd just be one of those experiences that would be ingrained in your brain forever. I got up on sunrise or sunset, don't think so.
Speaker 1: Taji loved it. Stephen Targment last year, Oh really, Oh my god, was in heaven. Oh really, ask.
Speaker 2: Her, I'll see if she'd want to go. But I just feel like it would just be one of those like core memories going on doing a hot air balloon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does that not freak you the fuck out? You're literally floating in a basket in the air a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, it does, It does freaking out a little bit. But I think I can stay chilling in a basket, not as much as jumping out of a plane and doing like a skydive that I would never got hot air balloon. I'm like, I think I could do that.
Speaker 1: I took Steven targe because I think I was pregnant too, but there's no way to do it anyway. But even when they're blowing up the bloody big balloon, everyone jumped on this little car and I was filming and taking photos and I'm just looking all these people so calm and excited. I just cannot relate on any level. But Steve's the tag is up there, just chilling, like loving it. They took selfies up there. They loved it, So I think you would really love it. Yeah, it's super cute human kurts to do.
Speaker 2: But yeah millions, yeah, oh my gosh. But also, like now you're saying that, I'm like, it's so scary doing things where you're like risking yourself when you have kids. And then like Curt and I go if something happens. God, I know as soon as they come here, I was like, yeah, but yeah, I think it would beautiful, but it would be Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's another thing that I've always wanted to do is to renew our vowels but have our kids there, because we didn't have any kids when we got married, and we want to do it in the same location we got married in Bali, up on top of a cliff top. So I want to renew them like just us.
Speaker 2: Oh that's beautiful, Like still.
Speaker 1: Do the walk down the aisle, but have like Tala and Taj like go up and do their flower thing and just like have a moment where we can exchange some words, get some cute photos and just do that together with our children.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so nice.
Speaker 1: I think twenty years we'll do it. And we are sixteen years in June this.
Speaker 2: Year, sixteen years married, wow, not married, sorry, twenties together.
Speaker 1: Twenty years together a date that we got together and our wedding date a few days apart, so we've kind of just combined the date. Yeah, so together for sixteen, married for eight. But we'll do it. We've been together for twenty nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's not too far away.
Speaker 1: No, four years away, I know, so definitely want to do that.
Speaker 2: So my next one is a husband and wife trip to the mal Dives. Yes, yeah, you guys would bring it on. Yeah, husband and wife trip to the mal Dives. I think it would just be ultimate relax So oh it is so nice, so relaxing.
Speaker 1: It's the ultimate destination. I've done mal Dives twice and I've done Bora Bora even like Maldive's better than bor borer Yeah, really, Bora Bora is beautiful in the sense that it has all the mountains in the background, whereas Maldives doesn't have that, and Maldives the first time we went, we were on a bit of a budget, so we went to like a smaller island and there wasn't a lot to do, so it was really relaxing. But the second one we went to was huge, had ten different restaurants and like for walking, hiking track and like just more different activities to do, and it was just you could get a villa on the beach or an overwater bungalow and we did half half yeah, and both were just incredible but so connecting, so relaxing. You literally just like eat, have a lot of sex chat, lay in the sun, perfect, repeat literally perfect, so good, and take a lot of really beautiful photos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have the memories.
Speaker 1: You would love it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love it. That sounds like my time of holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so cool. Number five. I've got a whole list at home, but we're only doing five today. We spoke about it on a previous episode of How Inspiring Sky, where he was on I'm a slept to get me out of here. I've always had this like intuition that I'll go on a TV show and I've actually been asked to go on SAS and I declined because I'm a silk and it wasn't worth me risking breaking my leg on the first episode. No, I would be the laughing stock of the show because I wouldn't last a day. But I've always thought, I don't know, not survive. But there's one I think I spoken about before, to that millon Dollar Island or Dancing with the Stars. I just feel like I'd love to go on a show that put me outside my comfort zone, which being on a show in itself is really scary, Like you're in front of thousands, hundreds of thousands of people that really challenges me physically and mentally because I feel like I don't really push myself that much these days, like physically and mentally like that, I just feel like that's on my.
Speaker 2: Would you do I'm a celebrity.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would consider it, yes, But I still feel like as soon as there's something to do with the heights, Like even Steve was like he believes in me and everything, but he's like, oh the hearts, you would back out. I would, and there wasn't one perfon and then the last season that even did that back down? Like would I be the first? I haven't watched any others, but I don't think I could do any of the height stuff. I would do pretty much everything else. I'll be so scared, but I think i'd push through. But the heights I just don't think I could do if I can't fall off the side of the cliffs.
Speaker 2: Wild joking, it's wild.
Speaker 1: But Michelle bridges ate three penises. That was impressive that I was impressed too. I was like, you go go, and she volunteered to do all of the instead of giving one.
Speaker 2: To the I know, I was like, should have shut it out, dull, Yeah, but she was worried that the other person wasn't gonna eat it, so I think she's.
Speaker 1: Like so strategic.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, if.
Speaker 1: The opportunity came my way, I would seriously consider it. But yeah, I don't know. I've just always thought I really wanted to do Big Brother. Yeah, and I got through three interviews and then I didn't get in obviously.
Speaker 2: But that would be ultimately Brother would be so fun.
Speaker 1: So much fun. And the one that I was going to go into is before COVID. They told me it was going to be more like fittasy and challenges, so it was like right up my alley. But I feel like I would love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be Big Brother anymore? Did even watch itn't seen it?
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not around it anymore, not for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's.
Speaker 2: Not if you're listening, you coming back? Oh my goodness, And my last one is going to a Tony Robbins event.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would love to see him and go to one of his events. I don't know how many more he's going to have happening or where it's going to be able to happen, but I think now yeah, or even just somebody who I find really inspiring that I can learn so much from like going to an event like that big big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tony's apparently rumors are he's not coming back to Australia. Yeah, because we've got tickets to date with Destiny. If we want to use our tickets because they're not refunding them, We're to fly to America like Miami. Yeah, two kets over to do a seven day course that goes all day. Yeah, guess courses right. That course runs from like seven am to like two in the morning. Imagine being jet lagged and doing it.
Speaker 2: Wonder if he's going to come through after Tony Robbins, Like, there's got to be someone else that's going to come through soon and like really lead the way. And it's intriguing to see what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: I saw the diary of the CEO, Stephen Bartlett Sunday Night, who puts an event on it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, who would be so rude?
Speaker 1: Beth and I we were struggling. I took a packet of lollise because I knew I'd be struggling. But at ten o'clock, like I looked over at her at one point and she's like micro sleeping, you know, in your head bubbles. Oh yeah, and I caught myself micro sleeping was such great information until I couldn't absorb boo because I was so tired. Yeah, but he was really good. But yeah, there hasn't been a lot of speakers since.
Speaker 2: Tony that of that impactful.
Speaker 1: We're actually going to an event soon. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like retreats do it more so these days because you're more doing the work, whereas when you go to an event, someone's talking to you. Retreats you're like in their like workshop stuff, you're doing it.
Speaker 1: But that's a cool thing with Tony. It's a mix of boats. Even though it's an event. You get this workbook. I'm not exaggerating. I'm holding my hands up so you guys can't see it. But it is so thick and so throughout that each of the days you're going through the workbooks, you're breaking off into groups.
Speaker 2: Did you keep all your workbooks?
Speaker 1: I've got them in the back yere. Yeah, so cool that you still got them. Yeah, you go off in groups, you have to split from your partner as well, so you're obviously getting more vulnerable and you're not like staying in your safety zone. He does like meditation, like group meditations. He does interventions with people. So he'll say, for example, stand up, who's suicidal, And out of a thousand people in the audience, he'll be five people that stand up, and he'll spend two or three hours breaking down why they feel like that and fully pulled them out of it. And it's incredible to watch. It's life changing. Yeah, So it's like interactive like that. It's not just hearing him speak, no, but when he speaks, he speaks with so much passion and conviction and just like you just want mo in it like, and then he has the air conditioning down really low to make sure you stay awake, so they actually do that as a tool to keep you awake tactically, so you've got to be like, it's freezing, but if you're warm like that Stephen Bartlett one where I was so warm that also made me sleepy. Yeah, but yeah, me, and you've booked in for an event soon. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. We'll be able to come back and share all of what comes up with you guys once we go.
Speaker 1: It's just like a breath work ice bath and what else is it?
Speaker 2: I think meditation but yeah, breath work I'm excited for again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really excited for that too. Yeah, I've done probably six or seven now, there's only been one time that I've had a really good release. Yeah, and like visions and stuff. So I'm really excited for that too.
Speaker 2: And I feel like when you're there and you're in your right time, I feel like you're really in your right time for this right now. True, So I feel like you'll be I feel like you'll just be letting go and like with whatever comes up, I think they'd be resistance. Yeah, I think you're ready.
Speaker 1: I hope so. And it's also to do with like the facilitator, how safe you feel with them, yes, so how much you can let go?
Speaker 2: Definitely, you don't feel safe, like we see this in the Ultimate Girl's Day Out. Like most have massive releases, but some just aren't ready, like they, like I said, not in that place, or they haven't quite opened up, so they don't feel quite safe to like go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's quite brave to go there. It is. You've got to be ready, you've got to be vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Oh so cool. Well that's it for a wacky Wednesday guys.
Speaker 2: Lucky Wednesday. I feel like this is a long, whacky Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah it might be.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, we can talk underwater.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us, guys. We'll see you next week.