Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and Elder's past and present, always.
Speaker 1: Was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders.
Speaker 2: And I'm all right hey, and this is High Strollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: So we've been hearing we've been sharing our lives online for over ten years. Is this what we say? Matt? We've got this new intro and we always forget, but let's just keep it going. Who better to spill the tea on everything that's been going on on the internet and in our lives, and.
Speaker 2: Plus we talk a lot about ourselves too. Now coming up on today's episode, it's a bit of a spam call, it is.
Speaker 1: It's a spam actually we've flooded your inbox, but the spam inbox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred topics in less than forty minutes. Yeah, let's let's crack on. Let's go for it because this episode goes left right inside out Wes and it's chaos, baby, it's chaos, So deal me in, dol let's go.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Matthew, I'm good.
Speaker 1: How are you on top of the world last at the.
Speaker 2: Top of the morning too. Yeah, this is a.
Speaker 1: Nice way to start my week. Every week, I must admit seeing you on a Monday, loving life. I wrapped up my book tour at the end of last week. Big show. As you would say, It was a big show. And do you want to know what? I met? So many scrollers, Like, so many scrollers came to all the events that we were hosting at our stores, and we were just talking about all the shit that we talk about.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like, I love the pot I love everything that.
Speaker 1: You talk about on there. And then I'm like, I don't even know what we fucking talk about on here because it's so.
Speaker 2: Much I know, and sometimes we might double a recall. But also even what we speak about today, today's episode's going live tomorrow in less than twenty four hours. Yeah, and I get to those no context spoilers, and I think, bloody hell, what did we talk about? It was only no, I've slacked right off.
Speaker 3: You haven't done it for the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: I've slacked right off. It was America because when we were in America, I just couldn't keep up. There was just so much going on. And then sorry to bring it up again. If you didn't know, we did just skate America. Sorry, I know not many of you know.
Speaker 1: It was a big send goes on a holiday and makes it their whole personality and no one actually gives a fuck.
Speaker 2: But yeah, basically I just forgot and then I got back. And the thing was what was annoying about the whole thing was I was doing each week. I was saying, like, episode number fifty five, episode.
Speaker 3: Now, you don't write the episode, you don't.
Speaker 2: Know what one I'm rup to. But also I missed a week. Yeah, and that was devastating. So yeah, and the highlight as well. I got the highlight on my Instagram of like every single night.
Speaker 1: I wish I'd done that.
Speaker 3: It's too late for me to go back and make a highlight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but basically, it's at one hundreds. It's full. Now make a second one. I think I think the non context spoilers may have been just a thing for the og scrollers. If you've come up until this point, you were a part of that legacy.
Speaker 1: But I think, oh, we've moved on to a new chapter, have we.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't fucking know. I just.
Speaker 1: Look, we've got the broadcast channels, so maybe we can just start doing something little special in there.
Speaker 2: I know. And also I wanted to say because thinking about it in the shower this morning was sometimes on this podcast, I find us saying I will have to put that in our broadcast channel, and then we forget. But then we forget. But also no one follows up.
Speaker 1: No one holds us accountable, No one holds us accountable.
Speaker 2: So scrolls if there's anything that we say throughout our episodes and we say, you know, we'll put that in the broadcast channel, can you actually keep us accountable because we again forget what we say. This really is like a journal entry in the corner of the internet that we never think anyone's going to hear again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I go on my tour and everyone's like love the pod, love you and Matt together, like people like it's part of my morning routine, and it's just so cool to like, actually, you know, like obviously, when we're doing this podcast, we know that we're talking to people, but because they're not like sitting here with us right now reacting to what we're saying, it's just really cool to actually meet people in the flesh and have them go love the pod you guys, crack me up and guess what, Matt what. I met a couple of gals at our Newcastle store event that we did, which was on Thursday night, and they told me and then she actually tagged us in a story I think just yesterday or something. There is a drive Raj's Corner in Newcastle, like near Charlestown for any of you that are from NWI. And so, because everyone was talking about the Lassies with me, like on the whole book tour, everyone was just talking about Mango Lassie yep, and so Raja's where I get mine from, but I get mine from the Hamilton one.
Speaker 3: There's a drive through Indian and I think we need to go there. You need to come to Nui and we need to make a video goal through the drive through and then you try the Mango and Rose Lassie. And I had no idea there was a drive through one.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely keen to do that. We might make it a Scrollers exclusive, put on the high Scrollers.
Speaker 1: And I saw you sent me or you tagged me in another video on TikTok of another bakery but up at like Maitland, which is like a bit further away than Newie, but only like thirty minutes. And what was it?
Speaker 3: A sausage roll with mashed potato on top?
Speaker 2: I think, so I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Now you tag me and said where on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're going to have to come to new and we do want a food food tour?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely count me in. I'm getting Javoo. By the way, I don't know. I've just had a real big day Javoo moment. Yeah. Oh, that's how busy life has been lately. I haven't even seen the new final destination, by the way. That's how busy I've been. Is that going to be?
Speaker 1: That's my royal flush. We'll get onto that. We'll get onto that. But I actually do have just a bit of a rant saying that's rand of the week now.
Speaker 2: Wakes all up for this Tuesday morning match, Rind of the week, Round of the week.
Speaker 1: I've got a bone to pick. Okay, the first bone that I've got to pick is with myself in April, and it is cutting it fine with flights is never fucking worth it, you know how, when you're like, so, for example, we've been planning this trip, this book two that we were going on and we were like flying into Melbourne doing the event in the night, and then we'd go yep, and then let's fly out in the night to save like you know, staying the night and then having to do the whole thing in the morning. So for like all three nights that we flew out, which was like three nights in a row, basically we just picked like the flight that we were basically just going to make after the event, Like you know, if we run out of the event at eight, get there at eight, forty flights at nine to forty kind of thing, Jesus, and it's never it's not worth it. Yeah, but we thought that's going to be the best use of our time because we'll just be in and out done.
Speaker 3: And it was fine, and we were on time every single time.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you the thing that slowed us down and you'll love this, Matt all the automated check in machines at Melbourne Airport and Brisbane Airport. So for context, as you all know, I'm from Newcastle. Newcastle is a little airport. It's getting the upgrade at the moment though we all know that, but it's manual. So you go there and you go up to the person that drops your bag for you. There's none of the automatic bag drop machines, but you know like Sydney and all the big ones, like they've got all the machines and you print your bag tag yourself and you send a suitcase off. It was those stupid machines that was the reason why, like we nearly missed our flight every time. Like why I get having it for convenience, but it's so clunky and then when it's going wrong, like there's no one standing there to help. Yeah, I don't get it, Like I'm all for a machine that's going to make things faster. But we got stuck at those things for like fifteen minutes and no one was there because it's like put your bag on the thing. You put your bag on the thing, wrong bar code. I'm like, no, it's not it's literally the bar code that we just printed off. So then you take it off, then you put it back on, you take it off, put it back on. Aprils running around like a headless chicken trying to find someone that works there. But because it was nine point thirty at night, no one was there.
Speaker 2: Pissed me off.
Speaker 1: And that's my rant, Like I'm all for a machine that's going to make things go faster. But those things fucking slowed me down. And I just kept saying, April, if we were at Newcastle Airport, we'd just be getting checked in by a person bing bang bong through the gate.
Speaker 2: I every single time, will never ever use I don't even check in online on my phone before I you know, twenty four hours before you check in on your phone. No, because every time I fly, I've got check baggage anyway, Like I really, in the last ten years, I think I've had one flight that was carry on only. I always had checked baggage.
Speaker 1: Traveling with carry on only is the dream?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I can imagine, but I've got too many clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I take my hat off to people, like I can't believe people go overseas we carry on only.
Speaker 2: Bizarre. What do you mean. I've been watching this guy, Kevin Droniak. Do you remember Kevin Droniac. He was like a YouTuber and he did a lot with his nan back in the day. So he's like rebranded now as a travel vlogger of sorts, and he's been doing these one day trips because he's living in New York, so like the other day, I saw one where he did a one day trip to Rome and he flew from New York to Rome, and it was an overnight flight, so he slept all night. Then it was he landed in Rome at seven am, spent the whole day in Rome, and then at seven pm got back on the flight and slept all night to then wake up in New York the next morning. How far is the flight six or seven hours, I think from memory of the video. But then so good. I saw another one he did to Egypt and he just went and checked out the pyramids and then went and you know, I was talking to my friend Toby who's living in Spain, and he was saying he met some people from England who they'll just like fly to Majorca in Spain for the weekend. It's like, you know, like we.
Speaker 1: Would like go to one thing about living in Australia, we are so far away from anything and everything, Like even going to Bali is six hours and then six hours of traffic. Yeah, we should get out of the airport seriously.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, this is so this is the one thing about Australia. We're so far away from everyone else. The fact that you know, because we're obviously planning that Europe trip. Whitch is coming around so fast. But I also assumed, you know, you see the girl is doing the euro summons and whatnot. I don't know anything about Europe, Like I don't remember learning anything about Europe. I don't remember I don't know the geography of Europe. You asked me where to see, say where some kind of I know, the one that looks like a boot is that Italy? Yeah, that's the only one I could tell you. And so we've been I wanted to go do Europe, and as I said on this podcast, it's like last travel vibes, I just want to go do it all so that I never have to travel again, can't be bothered or at least when I say traveling, I mean like the hiking of it all, and that not the hiking, but just like lug yes case around, like I'll go traveling in the future, but i'd want I don't want to be going from this country to that country. I just want to relax. So anyway, I was like, let me just book all of Europe and do everything there is to do in this one five six week trip, right every single country.
Speaker 3: Let us bang it all out traveling every day, babe.
Speaker 2: It's impossible. Like I didn't realize. People go to Europe and you go to like three four countries.
Speaker 1: You've got to pick your play.
Speaker 2: You just got to keep going back. It's a scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a scam.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep going back to knock off all the countries. I can't be bothered doing that. So we've you know, we had to say goodbye to crow Aysha. We took that off the list.
Speaker 1: I thought, oh, I'll have to ask aj. He's been twice and done some big trips. I thought, like, he'll be able to give you some tips on like where is worth going awhere.
Speaker 2: Well, I've looked at the top decks and the kentikies, yeah things, and I looked at them and I thought this, you know, it's not really my scene. I've done a Kentique in America before, but that was fine because it was all hotels. The problem with Europe is it was like forty nights, thirty six of them in hostels, four of them in Now was it was like thirty six of them in shared accommodation and four of them in hostels. And I was like, what is the difference. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 1: I think I could ever stay in a hostel because I, like, I cannot have the sound of snoring.
Speaker 3: And what if you're in a shared room and people are snoring.
Speaker 2: You can get private rooms, I will say, I could do that. Yeah, you can get private rooms in a hostel, but obviously they just cost that. You may as well get a hotel. By the time you get a private, private room in a hostel, I will say, I stayed in a hostel in Los Angeles of all places, really and yeah this is back in I don't know, twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about America again? Oh? Sorry, I can't stop.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what it was the most fabulous experience, Like just meeting It wasn't fabulous at all. It was disgusting, but like, you know, just meet, just being able to meet people, Like people in hostels are like so keen to just chat? And what are you doing? Where are you going? You want to do something today? Like they've got no friends, so you know by blah and friend, well, you know, they're usually there by themselves. I was. I was with my friends, so I didn't need to hang out with anyone. But anyway, I met this a fabulous man who just had like one of He was just one of those men who had like a hundred stories to tell. And he gave me a chocolate flavored cigarette, and I'll never forget it, a chocolate flavored cigarette. Who knows where the bloody that came from? But he pulled it out and he said, do you want one? I thought, I'm on holiday, we may as well, and I took above. It was chocolate flavored. I went, where have you got these? He goes, Oh, so he was doing the he was doing the chocolate cigarette, and I just thought that was the coolest thing ever. And that is that is what hostels are to me. Chocolate cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nice.
Speaker 2: Anyway, how did we even.
Speaker 1: Get onto tour f cutting it fine?
Speaker 3: It's not worth ever cutting it fine?
Speaker 2: So what was happening? You were stressed, obviously, But it was the machines.
Speaker 1: The machine slowed us down every time, like we were on time. We ran to the machines and we got to the machines, and then there was fifteen minutes of the machine not working, not printing the bag tag right, putting it on the thing, wrong, bar codes, detected move your bag tag, you know, because it goes through the laser thing and no one around. Yes, and then I'm like stressed, and I'm like April, go fight someone, and she's just like panic, like running around the airport.
Speaker 3: It's like nine point thirty, so like no one's there.
Speaker 2: See, I'm the type of person I don't do any of that automated stuff.
Speaker 1: That was their only option because it was so late at night, like all the big actual checking bits were closed and no one was there because it was like the last flight out.
Speaker 2: Which is bizarre, isn't it, because where are they? Like, if you're going to make the audio madd things, you need someone sitting there. But I'm that person who's so defiant, Like I still I did the groceries just two days ago. I went and I lined up at that at the only one where there was someone actually serving the groceries, and there were six of us with full trolleys, and the workers kept coming over, and there were four of the automatic because you know, now they've actually installed automatic what do you call it when bell? Yeah, yeah, they've installed automatic ones of those, So you literally are playing checkout check. It's not like when you go in the little one where there's the little registers, like you've got a whole conveyor belt now, right, so you can put the whole trolley there and you can do all your shopping or you don't? Do you collect?
Speaker 1: Now? I just do ubery.
Speaker 2: I'll see that could never be me because I love being in the super market and I love finding the specials. Matt.
Speaker 1: That's made me think, yeah, should we right now expose each other's uber eats and how many we've ordered? How many times?
Speaker 2: Let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, but I'm actually scared because I saw, like, like I've seen like Lucy Jackson and all them do it, and Lucy Jackson was like eight hundred or something, and I saw m Davies was twelve hundred.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I think mine's going to be more.
Speaker 2: I don't reckon I'll be that high. To be honest, i'd reckon I'd only have a couple hundred. But let's get there, okay. Anyway, I'm so defiant. I literally stood there with the other six people with full trolleys and we were all happy to wait, even though it was the only one that was serving and the other four were empty. The self served conveyor belt ones were empty, and the workers kept coming over and saying, you want to come over and use this, and we all politely kept saying, no, thanks, We're happy to wait here. I just I've just walked around every fucking eye all for an hour, paying through the fucking nose for these groceries. I'm paying through the roof for this trolley. I've had to then line up, and you want me to do my groceries myself. Yeah, are your paying attacks and super as well? Your motherfuckers, Like, let's get serious please, So I'll take the server every single time, and the same thing at the airports. I never check in. I always go up and I will line up. I mean to be fair, though, I ampends on how long the line is. Well, I'm oh, you're a premium economy kind of person. No, no, no, like I've got a business class. Yeah no, what's your I'm platinum status because I fly so much, so I do get straight to the front, I will admit, But oh, isn't it a nightmare when there's at least four people in the in the business line, I'm like, fucking no, we're waiting forever over here.
Speaker 1: I meanwhile, there's like twenty rows deep.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing about traveling as well, like long traveling, but like is it all worth it in the end, Like especially when you're overseas US talking about America again, when you get to fucking customs off the fifteen hour flight and the line is like twenty rows deep and twenty kilometers long each way. Yeah, insufferable.
Speaker 2: All right, let's check out Uber eats.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, but I'm actually fucking terrified how many times I've ordered for Uber.
Speaker 3: It's because it's a lot. Let's take a guess.
Speaker 1: How many times do you think, genuinely you've ordered on Uber Eats.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say probably like seven hundred times. What about you?
Speaker 1: I think mine's going to be fifteen hundred or above. But I've got excuses. I'm a CEO and I always order for everyone on every work trick. Yeah right, okay, let's go in. We need to figure out.
Speaker 2: Let's expose how many times we've ordered a breats.
Speaker 3: It's supporting small businesses.
Speaker 2: Sure, I always order.
Speaker 3: From small businesses on they're not the big corporations.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is your one. I'm having a look where.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me yet. Does this include like ubers as well or is it just uber eats? Because I can see how many trips you've taken.
Speaker 2: I can see how many trips you've taken as well.
Speaker 1: How many trips do you think you've taken?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna say I do a lot of ubree I'm gonna say twelve.
Speaker 1: Hundred, No, five hundred and ninety five?
Speaker 2: Oh, what you've taken more than me?
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 2: Seven hundred?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: And I can see how many times you've ordered uber eats too. It's just a little bit down.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you see mine?
Speaker 2: I'm having a look.
Speaker 1: I can see your rating as well.
Speaker 2: Well. I want to see your rating.
Speaker 1: I'm scared.
Speaker 2: This can't be right. This cannot be right. How many times have I ordered Uber eats? I said, what? Seven hundred?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: What did I say? Originally? Seven hundred?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many times?
Speaker 1: Four hundred and seventy?
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem right, That doesn't seem there was a point I was ordering Uber eats three times a day for a solid four months, for a solid former.
Speaker 3: How many times my guess was like fifteen hundred times?
Speaker 2: Nowhere close? You're you've nowhere close you've ordered with It's five hundred and fourteen times. Something's gone wrong here. I don't reckon, because I for sure have I mean, wow, what.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a good thing. We're not as bad spenders as we thought. Okay, can you see my uber ride rating?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do you think you're at? I reckon? I'm a four point seven.
Speaker 3: Oh you're better. It's four point eight three.
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 1: Four point three?
Speaker 2: No, you're a four point eight two.
Speaker 1: Oh, so we're basically the same.
Speaker 2: But click view my ratings and then you guess how many one star ratings you've gotten?
Speaker 1: Where is that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many one star ratings do you think you've got?
Speaker 1: Fifteen? O?
Speaker 2: What is it? I'm gonna say eleven, you've got twelve? What have I got?
Speaker 1: Seven? And you know what I will say? I reckon every single time I've gotten those one star ratings on Uber. It's when other people have been in the car after a night out.
Speaker 2: Don't you hate when you book an uber and it's on your account and then you get in to the uber with your.
Speaker 3: Friend and they're the one being crazy.
Speaker 2: You're ready, like fucking hell, fu fuck from there and you go. My rating is every.
Speaker 1: Time, And I remember there was another time where I had a really rude There would be one time when it was me, but I had an argument with a guy in the uber about something I don't know that made me think that I wonder if that guy that kidnapped us that time in America gave us a one star, because I reckon one of those would.
Speaker 2: At least be in well true.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, I'm.
Speaker 2: Kind of driver ratings. Oh you've strive. A rating is unavailable because you've had fewer than ten rated trips. You never rate your I never rate.
Speaker 1: I can't be bothered, like I can't be to do work once I'm outside of the uber.
Speaker 3: The riot's done, you've had it.
Speaker 2: Here's your data. You have a look at your data for the and let me have a look at my data again for the trips. Okay, this was a fun exercise.
Speaker 3: So I got nineteen four stars, I've got six.
Speaker 2: I got eleven three stars, same six two stars, I've got four. You know, I think those one stars that were just homophobia, because why are you Why would I genuinely be rated one star? I've never been late for.
Speaker 1: An Uber neither. I think it's honestly the drunken ubers. I reckon that's the times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then it's someone else's fault.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, because we're never rowdy.
Speaker 2: I reckon they're just homophobic surely because I don't think I've ever acted any type of way. Neither have I in a n Uber.
Speaker 1: I don't say anything in an Uber. Like the only time I ever say anything is when I'm like having conversations with other people that I've gotten in the uber wiz, but usually just go hello and that's it. Like I'm not a conversationalist in an Uber.
Speaker 2: Did you know that Uber drivers have to maintain you know how it's said that we had four point eight Yeah, Uber drivers have to maintain a rating of I think four point seven or above or you can't drive at all. Wow, you just get you get fired basically, See.
Speaker 1: What I always wonder, So like I don't know, like we both have four point eight two and four point eight three or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I wonder if to drivers if that is considered bad, like maybe it is, like maybe they want people that are like four point nine or whatever. But then I wonder have they ever picked us up and been like, oh, here we go. Here's a four point eight girl. And then I get in and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like hello, yeah, and they're like, how has she gotten such a bad race?
Speaker 2: Well? Maybe because every single time I get in, I'm hello for Matthew, Hi, how are you going? Yes?
Speaker 1: Thank you ta, I get canceled on quite a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I do know that because one of my friends is an uber driver. And basically how it comes up is it depends on your status as well. Some of them are really if you do a lot of trips and you have a good reading, you get certain privileges, right, So what it will say is it comes up that.
Speaker 1: In per privileges, well, this is a hunger game spy.
Speaker 2: Basically, like if you just just standard uber driver, I think you just get given a trip and it'll say like trip four minutes away, and you'll say yes, and then you go there and then you learn where you're going and how long it's going to take. But then there's another level where you can see four minutes away to where you pick them up seventeen minute trip right, whether it's worth And.
Speaker 1: That's when I get canceled and I reckon when it's only a short trip. I reckon, it's so unfair. But I've even gotten in taxis before, or like gone to get in a taxi and they're like yelling through the window saying where you're going, where you're going, And then I've been like I'm going X y Z and they go, nuh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just get in. Yeah, they can't refuse you just get before though, no, say no, you can't refuse me and start and say I'll report you if you don't take me. Taxis are legally obligated. I mean google this and make sure. But I know that taxis aren't allowed to price gouch.
Speaker 1: Which have you seen that on the news lately?
Speaker 2: We took like a six seven minute trip and it was thirty dollars and I just paid it because I just wasn't in the mood to fight him. But I think it was like eleven. Our trip was like eleven dollars and then as soon as I went to pay, it's jumped up to thirty and I went, ye.
Speaker 1: I saw that on the news the other day. They scam some guy in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: They scam everyone, the taxi drivers.
Speaker 3: They just but they've been under fire, like on the news.
Speaker 2: Well then not allowed to, and they are also not allowed to say no, I'm not I'm not taking you there.
Speaker 1: But I hate that ubers can They must be able to see how far we're going, and then they cancel and you get another driver.
Speaker 2: So I don't think it's the four point eight because I think if because I every time I open the door, I'm like, hello Uber for Matthew, Yes, thank you Tay, Yes, that's where we're going. Thank you so much. Thanks. When I get out of the car, I'm like, thank you so much, have a great day, bye, see you later. Even if they don't say a word back to me the entire time. Half the time they're on the phone anyway, so it's like, oh my god. I actually had an Uber driver like two months ago who was watching NCIS on his phone.
Speaker 1: I had an Uber driver one time. I don't know if I put it on my story, but he was he had his phone like up in a hold of thing. He must have had like two phones, like one with the map and another phone, and I was watching over his shoulder and he was like flicking through TikTok oh and I reported him.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw so many drivers in America on their phones. Which was so bizarre to me. But then I'm like, is everyone in Australia doing that? Because I don't touch my phone, never have, never will when I drive. And my thing is, you know, when I was in the coach on the way to Coachella and stuff, like, I was in the bus, so I was just like people watching all the cars driving.
Speaker 1: Pass and everyone was on their phone.
Speaker 2: Like almost like more people than not.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they don't get in trouble the same way that we do here. I don't know, Okay, they don't police it as much.
Speaker 2: They might not have like the cameras, like obviously we have the cameras that can just be set up anywhere and they don't have to tell you where they are and stuff. And yeah, I don't know. Just bizarre that so many people were using their phone in America. That's one thing I noticed is a lot of people use their phone, especially in La of all places, it was La Very La was phones while driving, like texting apes. Anyway, we've been waffling nine and nine and nine and no we haven't even got to Royal Flush yet. Let's move on. Please please be upstanding for the Royal Flush.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to start with my royal flush. Yeah please, Okay, So my royal flush of the week. It's it's not really something that I saw on the internet, but I put it on the internet and everyone found it very funny, so I feel like I'm allowed to use this as my royal flash. I did tell her this when this was happening. I was saying, this is my royal flush of the fucking week. But this happened when we were away, so we haven't recorded after it or as it was happening. It was April being a little bit hungover and us having to check out of our hotel. I love that this was definitely not a viral moment on the internet, but it's just my fucking royal flush. Anyway. I'm sure everyone's seen the video. It's on TikTok and on my Instagram as well. But basically, we were away for our book two a week and like we had the weekend off in Brisbane, and what April gets up to on the weekend none of my business, okay. And so we went out for dinner like with one of our like one of the girls. Oh, Shay, shout out to Shaye. I don't know if she listens to the pod. But we went out with the influencer creator model that we work with with Fate, and then then we met up with a couple of other girls that we both knew, and then I was like, I'm going to go home, like I've had enough, and April was like I'm going to stay out. I'm like, yeah, like stay out, have fun. It's the weekend, like do whatever you like.
Speaker 3: And then the next morning, we.
Speaker 1: Had to check out of our hotel and isn't that the worst When you've had like a big night out, you've got to check out at the hotel. And I just remember thinking I'm going to bed because we're checking out at eleven. And then we had a work event on but on like later in the night at five pm, and so April woke up just feeling really sorry for herself. I was not fucking envious at that whatsoever. And She's like, I just feel like I need to have a nap. And then I'll be sweet like she's just like I'm just so tired. Yeah, And I'm like we're checking out and we've got like a six hour gap, like what the fuck do we do? And we were going to Westfield and I was like, oh, like, I just thought I was just trying to think of anything, Like I was googling like little capsule pod things like I'm like, maybe Westfield Term site has like a little pod sleeping area. I don't know that, I don't have it. But I thought, well, why don't you just go to the movies, book a movie and just relaxing there for a couple of hours. And so that's what she did. And so like, we're not really avid movie goers, and I had heaps of work to do anyway, so I was like, I'll just chill in Westfield at a little cafe for a few hours. I'll do some work, you go to the movies, and then i'll see you later at nighttime when the event's happening. So off she goes, and I'm like, that's perfect. Just lay in the corner. She booked the seat right in the top corner so she can just like relax. The movie was Final Destination, which isn't very a relaxing movie, but it was like all that was on or something, I don't know. It was a Sunday and April messages me once she's in there, and I was cracking up.
Speaker 3: Just the thought of her going to the movies anyway, Like it's so timely.
Speaker 2: It is if you just want to sleep or if you've.
Speaker 1: Got like if your flights landed at you know, six am in the morning and you can't check into your hotel until two pm in the afternoon. It is the perfect life pack. And so she's messaged me when she's in. I was like, you're in, and she's like yeah. But she quickly realized that she'd booked the four D X experience. So I don't know, I didn't even know that was a thing.
Speaker 2: Like the seats shake and vibrate and yeah, your legs are like up in like I don't know, stirrups sort of things.
Speaker 1: And so she's messaging me, she's like, no, no, no, no, no, like I've booked the forty X thing. Meanwhile, she paid like thirty nine dollars for this ticket already, and she's like just not feeling well. And I was just in, like I had actual tears, like I'm reading a j just pissing at this whole thing. And then she said she went out of the like she got out of there before the movie started, and she went and booked another ticket for a normal sin.
Speaker 2: Which why didn't she get a refund?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think she was just too hungover that she couldn't do anything, like you know when you just everything is too hard.
Speaker 2: But that's the difference with me, because even if I'm hungover and it's the worst day of my life getting a refund, I'm still not spending money to im. Just because in the story you said, April came out and said, hey, I accidentally booked the wrong one, and the lady made her book and pay for another one.
Speaker 1: I was like, because she booked the first one on her phone, so she didn't buy it at the counter.
Speaker 2: I will say, I think that we need to have a resurgence of movies.
Speaker 3: In general, as in they need to come back.
Speaker 2: We just need to go to the movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I think, like I know, it's real expensive to go to the movies in.
Speaker 1: Terms of the tickets being thirty nine dollars, wells to be nine.
Speaker 2: Dollars really that expensive?
Speaker 1: And then her second that was four DX. Yeah, but then the second one that she book was thirty okay for the normal cinema.
Speaker 2: Which still yeah, that is quite and if you're.
Speaker 1: Gone in like a family of fives. That's a lot.
Speaker 2: Surely they've got like a family discount or something. Let me go Google Girl on this because I actually I'm curious to see how much it costs. Well, my only thing is is that it's movies are a dying you know. And I think as well supporting small theaters as opposed to the massive, massive ones. And I love the massive one.
Speaker 1: I used to love going to the movies when we were kids, like that was nancying with us, like took us to the movies and we made a whole day of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirteen dollar tickets on cheap Tuesday.
Speaker 1: That's not too bad.
Speaker 2: Too bad at all, cheap Tuesday thirteen.
Speaker 1: I want to I'm with you. I would like going to the movies to become a thing again, because when we were kids, it was everything. And I feel like I've said this on the pod before, but Nan used to take us to the movies at Charlestown and she would take us to Go Low before. Have I told this story? I feel like I have.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So it was back when Go Lo was a thing, which, by the way, can we please bring back Go Low?
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to Go Low? It used to be the highlight of my life.
Speaker 2: Gone there, But I like the reject show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically, but we would go there and get like five dollars each, and we don't be able to go and buy like a little toy and take it to the movies with us. Just the highlight. And you know when they used to have like the lolly walls in the movies and then you would like make your own bag of mixed lollies. I miss that.
Speaker 2: I'm having to look here, choo seats, yeah, press seed okay? An adult? An adult to see Lelo and Stitch on Wednesday is nineteen dollars fifty for an adult.
Speaker 1: I think it's too much.
Speaker 2: Seventeen dollars for a child. See, I don't know if that is too much. I mean, if you have a concession or a student, that's eighteen dollars. A senior is nineteen dollars. That's fucking expensive. Gee yeah, I don't know, okay. And then an online booking fee of a dollar seventy per ticket. Hoints Rewards members get up to twenty five percent off tickets though, but I think you got to pay to be a Hoints Rewards member anyway. The point is I'm saying, yes, I know that's expensive. And then of course when you do your popcorn and your drink, I mean, that's ridiculous. They're charging fifteen dollars for a fountain side. I get a fucking grip Hoints. But I will say, no one cares like Hoints. If you're going to spend pay that much for popcorn and a drink, then you've got to let us bring in our snacks.
Speaker 1: But I always have I always just don't them. No, I just walking with a bag of.
Speaker 2: Groceries basically for sure.
Speaker 1: Haven't you think I've seen videos of people like taking.
Speaker 2: A full meal in Yeah, charcuterie board. We used to do that. We do. We'd go to what was that in the food court there at Westfield Tagua all those years ago. There was some sort of like it was like an a porter or something. I don't know whether it was a porto. Yeah, we don't get that. And taken in the movies.
Speaker 3: She used to go to Mingara, Mingara.
Speaker 1: You know what do you call the thing at Mingara with.
Speaker 2: Minara food court?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to Mingara food court and then go.
Speaker 2: To the movie. Even a drive in movie, wouldn't mind a drive.
Speaker 1: In one of newcastles shut down a little while ago.
Speaker 2: Is that the Head and Great Way? Yes?
Speaker 1: But anyway, my royal flush was just April accidentally booking the four D movie when she just wanted to have a little relaxing moment and just the whole thing. We shared it on social media and since then I've been getting my four you page serving me videos of people in the four DX movie and actually what it's like, like the chairs fully fucking shaking, and I just.
Speaker 2: Go and do the four I don't know if I'd like it, Yeah, you'd get motion sick man.
Speaker 3: But also like what's your drink and popcorn doing?
Speaker 1: As your chair? It's like you're on a roller coaster. And also they've built a whole cinema for the four D X experience. Like how popular is that going to be? And for how long?
Speaker 3: Because that would be so expensive to build.
Speaker 2: You know what, I've just had an idea everyone, we should make a movement this Christmas? All right, stick with me here, Yeah, we should make a movement this Christmas that when you don't know what to get for someone, you get them a movie voucher.
Speaker 3: But I reckon it's one of those things that people would just never use.
Speaker 2: Too bad. At least we're support in the movies, you know what I mean? Yeah, because you're right, I've been getting but it's not a good it's not a good present for me. The last two three years, my mum has gotten me a Hoists voucher or is it? Maybe it's the other one. What's the other one? Greater Union event event cinemas. It's one of them.
Speaker 1: Ready.
Speaker 2: She keeps scenting me the movie and I actually say to her at last Christmas, stop getting me these. I haven't used any of the last ones that you gave me because I go to all the premieres. So it's a silly gift to get mad because I don't go to the movies because any movie that I want to watch I've usually been invited to anyway, so I've already seen it, and the ones the premierees I don't go to. I've got an Neil interest in.
Speaker 1: So the life of an influencer.
Speaker 2: Trying an influencer for a day, it's very difficult, having to say yes and no all these things. Yeah, I guess that is kind of It is easier for me to sit here and say God and support the movies when I haven't paid for a movie, but I'm for it.
Speaker 1: I want the movie to come back like I don't know if I've said this on the podcast, but my nan her first job when she was a little teenager, I have it was being an usher ret at the movies, and that's when the movies was so fancy that you wore your best clothes, their best classes them in and it was like a whole experience. Whilst I don't want the movies to turn back into that, because I can't think of anything worse than wearing like a nice outfit to the movies, I do want going to the movies to become more of a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would be interested to see what the likes of Gold Class are like, because I remember when I first went to Gold Class. I remember it being spectacular.
Speaker 1: I quite like Gold Class. I don't think I've been two or three times in my.
Speaker 2: Life, and they made gorgeous food.
Speaker 1: And I like it. I think the only thing that's annoying is like but it's part of the service, like that there's always people walking up and down the aisles. But I will say to the people that work in Gold Class you're very good at walking up and downstairs in the dark, being very quiet, Like I always watched them and they're like so light footed. Yeah, I'll be too scared of fucking tripping down. It's pitch black in there. How do they do it?
Speaker 2: I wonder if the wonder if the customer service is still up to scratch or whether well, look like all customer service.
Speaker 3: Let's add it to hours going down here, let's add it to hour to do this.
Speaker 1: We're going to the drive through Indian from the Lassie, We're going to the bakery up at Maitland for this.
Speaker 2: But you're the one with like the schedule, like you can't make these promises because I now I am like, let's fucking go, like I'm ready for the And also I'm in a content creator era. Everyone I am so inspired lately. It's weird. I'm like, I can't get enough of fucking.
Speaker 1: Hope you're inspired. That's your job to make content.
Speaker 2: Ten years on though, oh yeah, but some you know, there were parts where I go a week without making a video because can't be fucking about that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you got your mojo back to do your actual job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tell you all, I've made a video every single day, at least one video every single day this year in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: And we're now in almost June.
Speaker 1: I wish I could say the same.
Speaker 2: And I've made a video every single day. Try being an influence for a day ful. I'm slam and myself. You know, where's my annual labe go on a holiday? Still work in the old bloody time because if you didn't know, I didn't go to America just now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, I can tell us all about it please.
Speaker 2: I think I was slack off in Europe though I think I will. I think one a day. Fuck that shit, yeah yeah, I just want to be laying in Greece.
Speaker 1: Are you going to drink there?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? Being sobers off the cards? Everyone's sorry. Pig update four years, big update, four years.
Speaker 1: She did send me a bit a photo of yourself the other day with a drink in your hand.
Speaker 2: You said, fuck it, Fuck that was a long week. See that's the problem is, you know what, I actually saw a TikTok about this. It could be my royal flush, but it's not. But like it was on a serious note. It was like the the only thing. How did she word it? She said something like the problem with alcoholism is the only cure is alcohol, and I was like, she's she worded it much better than that. Anyway, The point is it's really annoying because basically I got to the end of the week and I don't want to perpetuate that idea that like you get in the week, you're gonna have it, you're gonna have it. It was one of those fucking weeks and I was like shit, so I went. It was a night. I went to the AFL with my friends, which, by the way, that is camp. So you know how I've been saying we need to do more activities and not just to catch up. So that was actually for my friend's birthday, and so she wanted to go to the AFL. And of course, I think I've been to like one AFL game in my life, and it was like the Pride Round, So it really wasn't like a good taste of what the actual AFL is because the only people in the audience are like days. So I went to the AFL and I'd had a week and I just got and I was like, you know what, it's my friend's birthday. I'm in a shitty, shitty mood. It's been a big week. It was one of those weeks where everything was happening at once and there was just a million things to do right up until five thirty pm on a Friday, and I was just clocked off and I was like, fucking hell, it's been a week. Then I was like, right, it's my friend's birthday. I've got a live and up. We've got to have a good time. And I was just trying to get myself in that mood, and my mind was still going a million miles an hour, and I was like, I can't, I can't. I can't do it. I can't do it. We got to dinner, I said, girls, you know, because they knew I was going sober blah blah blah, and I was talking about and they were encouraging me not to. They were like, you know what, no, you know, if you really think you need to, then go ahead, but also you know you don't need to. You don't need to. And I was tossing up and I looked at the drinks manu and I thought, oh no, no, no, you know, be good. No, we won't, we won't. We'll have a night at the AFL. I'm sure we can get through this. It'll be fine, it'll be fabulous. And the waiter said, can I get you any drinks? I said, a glass to Savvy b and a porn Star martini please. I just it was like robotic, it was like it just came out of me. So then, anyway, then I thought it was just one night, and unfortunately it was such a good decision, like I had the best time.
Speaker 1: Now I'm having deja vu. I swear to god, we just had We've had this exact conversation. Maybe in another life.
Speaker 2: Wow, like this is yeah, yeah, well there you go. So I unfortunately did have a good time, and I was like, well, that's kind of annoying because the whole point is, you know, I did don't want to rely on alcohol to have a good time, which I do believe I can have it without it. It was just that day. There was no fucking coming back anyway. Then I didn't drink again, and then your book event was on and everyone was like, why you're drinking. Why I said, this was a few days after that now, and I said, I'm not drinking, you know, being so blah blah, blah blah blah. And so I was like, I'll start again, start again, and then went out Thursday night, and unfortunately this one wasn't a conscious decision. But I got to an event and the waiter was just handing out glasses of rose, and I just forgot and I just took the glass and went, thank you, cheers, drank it, and then got halfway through the mouthful and went, fuck hell, I'm meant to be drinking.
Speaker 1: I just hate that when a glass of rose just ends up in my hand and then I'm sitting in it and then I realize what's happening.
Speaker 2: No, And I'm totally forgotten because I was so you know, enthrilled in the conversation, and then I got halfway through it and literally like my my hand is up to my mouth and I'm like, I'm looking at the ceiling taking the big sip of rose. It's because and I've gone, oh shit, I've been drinking.
Speaker 1: Me so like normalized in our culture.
Speaker 2: And then I thought, well, I may as fucking well just wrap myself off. But I will say that's been a really big eye opener is how many people go, what what do you mean? And I don't know whether it's just our culture or whether it's because I'm known for being such a big drinker, which I'm also like, I don't want to be known as that. That's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: See, I'm just like neutral when it comes to drinking. Like I love like following that. I'm forgetting her name, but the girl Jewels Jewels, I love following her on girl. Yeah, Like I love every time her video comes up. I watched the whole thing, Like I'm so intrigued by everything that she has to say and all of her stories and her like normalizing not drinking and her speaking about like how bad it actually is. But like when it comes to me when it comes to drinking, like I'm fine with it. I'm not the kind of person that like takes it too far. Like I'll go out for dinner, have a couple of drinks, and then be like that's enough, Like I know when to go home, Like so it's never a problem for me.
Speaker 2: It's like must be nice.
Speaker 1: I like going out for dinner with AJ and we'll have like a couple of glasses of red with our dinner and then we'll go home. Like I'm past like the I feel like the only time that I ever like would take it too far. Was like when I was in my clubbing era when I was like eighteen and nineteen and twenty. Got that out of my system and now I just like, like, I like just having fun, Like I like looking forward to going out for I just like going out for dinner and having a glass of wine to be honest, or like a cocktail first and then some glasses of wine. But it's not a problem for me anyway. Can we get onto your real flash because yeah, so true. The episode is nearly over aut capacity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, my real flusher can be a quick one, but it's kind of exciting. Basically, recently, I don't know how this happened, but Lizzo, friend of the pod, Friend of the Pod, Lizzo, Yeah, she has recently started a private TikTok, which a lot of people have been doing lately. I think it's quite fun. I think it's a great marketing technique. Actually, yeah, me too, because it deepens the parasocial relationship I guess with your followers.
Speaker 1: And there was a business that did this recently in Australia. They made a prime grilled grilled.
Speaker 2: That's right, that campaign, Sorry, did you love it?
Speaker 1: No, But I just remember seeing it and thinking that's interesting. It's something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Grilled, like num numb numb love you. I thought that was like the worst marketing campaign I'd seen in quite some time, because they paid the influences to say I've been blocked by growled and like basically like lie and like make up a story, and they boosted all the ads, and I was like, I can just tell that all these motherfuckers are getting paid and they're being fake and it's embarrassing to watch. And also I don't care that the weight.
Speaker 1: If Grid had paid you, would you do it? No?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent no, because I never can lie like that. Yeah, you'd you'd be able to tell, and I could tell with all of them, but I would say, happy to do it. But here's a different idea. Yeah, I'm not saying the concept as a whole was dumb. Yeah, and obviously obviously it worked to get their followers up, but really, sickly, I was like, are we really following Grilled for a ten percent off?
Speaker 1: Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: But I don't know it was something like that anyway. The point is if it works, it works, and if it doesn't. It doesn't whatever. Love you grilled, but I just went this is cringey. Obviously it must have worked because you loved it. But Lizo has done this thing where she's got a new private TikTok and it's called Lizo Irl. Now I don't know how I ended up on this. I'm not sure where I discovered this, but she had Originally she had like fifty thousand people on it, and I was one of them. I can't tell you. I don't know if she did. You follow it, well, yes, but I can't remember if she, like the Lizo actually reposted it, whether it just came up on my account or what. But it's on private. But it was open for a tiny amount of time, like apparently like one hour. I didn't even realize I followed. Then she opened it again and it got to like one hundred and twenty seven thousand, and now she shut it and she said I will not ever open it again for no one, And I'm on it, and let me tell you. Unfortunately, I cannot have my right to liszo irl revoked, so I'm not allowed because she's got rules in it, I'm not allowed to tell you what she's talking about specifically, but I'm sure I could let you in on some of the things she's talking about.
Speaker 1: As if people wouldn't be screened recording this and posting you.
Speaker 2: So people were and she has been able to figure out who it was and remove them. And she's like, if you leave a hate comment, if you blah blah blah, even if it's a joke, you will be removed. Like if you are screen recording.
Speaker 1: Fuck are they managing this?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, but it's evidently worked. And we're all in this like sacred little cult sort of thing where we respect Lizo's privacy. And I just wanted to let you know, scrollers, I'm in it, and that's my royal flush has been something that none of you will get to see unless you marrek Lesslie followed in time. But she is talking about Katie Perry. She's talking about Beyonce, she's talking about Bad Way, she's talking about the Illuminati. She's talking about like people are asking questions. She's all like a.
Speaker 1: Campaign and then she's going to like drop an album or some shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. No, she's not talking good.
Speaker 1: Or bad like, She's just that you're saying that you aren't allowed to talk about it, and here you are on our podcast, just fucking well, you know she's not going to.
Speaker 2: Listen to this. I haven't and I haven't said anything specific. Really she's talking to she's talking. She's talking about the industry as a whole, spill and secrets. Then of course we got we we get little behind the scenes there as well, like she recently just I think she might have like popped up at Scissor's concert or something like that, so she was doing all the behind the scenes stuff on Lizzo IRL. So we got all this content that like to look it up right now, no one else got try following and see if she accepts. But I've been watching the followers for about two weeks and they haven't moved at all. They've only gone down. Actually, so she's got.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twenty seven thousand followers exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I just requested like flat one two seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was at one two seven nine last time I checked. So she's either removing people or people are unfollowing, but the number is going down. So Lizzo RRL is my royal flush.
Speaker 1: I loved it. You're in it.
Speaker 2: I'm in it. It's so random that I am in it. And also, you know what the most random thing is. She will post a video and it'll say like four hours ago, and it'll have two hundred likes and four comments, and I'm just in the comments.
Speaker 1: Gone, hey, it's pretty clever. Like, hey, it's pretty clever.
Speaker 2: I need more celebs to have close friends vibe profiles. I could never because the thing is, that's the different, that's the problem with me. I just put everything on the main you know. It's like when people go, oh, here's my second account where I just spam post, I'm doing that on main Sorry.
Speaker 1: Girls, easy didn't realize all in the one place.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this episode's probably been a whole lot of spam today because what have we even said? This again? This is the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got no podcast. I'm like, what, bitch.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's a good point. You know how we were saying at the start, like, oh, when it gets to the no context spoilers, I forget. I'm just about to do anyway, Dale gotta let.
Speaker 1: You go, And then we go, we go, and we say, what have we said?
Speaker 2: I can't remember what we were saying at the start of this episode anyway.
Speaker 3: Forty movies movies popcorn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. April, May, June, July anyway, Scholars, love your lots. Thanks for listening to this week's episode. Make sure you rate us five stars and I don't know all the rest of it. Can you say all the things?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, make sure you like subscribe, Leave us a review. Look at this photo, Matt, That.
Speaker 2: Is that from when she was hungover Bunny? Leave us a review.
Speaker 1: Please join the broadcast channel and keep us accountable for all the things that we sang in the pod but never actually do.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Joel better, let you go. We gotta go have a chocolate cigarette.