Speaker 1: I'll get a team at HAPs. It's Lucas, it's the Youth Project. Hope you're bloody terrific. Hi mate, welcome back to the show. How are you yeah?
Speaker 2: Going well? Thanks, Craig, Yeah, yeah, keep it well.
Speaker 1: You look and sound tired. We just got off a little chattaroney before we press the go button. Then you've been wheeling and dealing with people on the other side of the world. Am I allowed to say? You're allowed to say kind of where you're at in terms of yeah, a bit of R and D in your own kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I might as well preface the conversation with Yeah, we're just chatting offline about planning on launching my own supplement range. You know, that's been one of my missions and goals from probably like five six years ago. Like I've always wanted to release my own formulas. I'm pretty well known now as like an expert supplement formulator understanding ingredients, dosages. That's what I'm pretty well known for. Yeah, and I was just pretty much back and forth with some supplier in Brazil in which we're actually sourcing one of the herbs from, and yeah, back and forth with like quality control assessments because this is a this is new territory for me. But I've got I've got good mentors around me that sort of tell me like what I should be doing and how I should be going about things. And look, I understand the supplement lands the supplement landscape in particular is a very very i would say, dodgy. And also like there's a lot of contract manufacturers which also scam the brands as well. So what we're trying to do is we're not relying on anyone. We're trying to like get things checked by third party analysis to make sure things are legitimate. And yeah, like I was saying before, just back and forth, you know, trying to make sure the quality is up to up to up to par you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know, because there's I mean, businesses is fucking not easy. Businesses fascinating and interesting because like say you're good at something like back in the day, I was not bad at personal training, right, but there were no personal training gyms in Australia, and I went, oh well, and the only reason that I set up my first studio was because it was kind of inconvenient, unprofessional and messy training people who were paying a premium in a public gym Monday night at six point thirty, when you're vying for equipment with stinky bodybuilders and you know, a myriad of people in an overcrowded gym, and I'm trying to I'm trying to supply or provide this high level experience with people who are just not just not loving the environment. And so then you go all right, well, I'll just do it somewhere else. And then you go, oh, well where else? And then you've got to figure out about how do I lease commercial premises, how do I get counsel permits to do this stuff, what are all the legal requirements? And then how do I You know, for me, it was like there was no industry, there was no qualification, there was no insurance. I'm like, hmm, well there's all this, you know. So there's the core thing, like you're good at understanding supplements and the impact they have on the body and research, but turning that into a financially viable commercial reality that's a completely different skill set, right.
Speaker 2: There really is. And also you've got the ideal scenario, You've got your dream scenario, and then you've got the actual, realistic, compromised no, this is what you can actually do. Like I've got for me, I've got formula ideas that are sitting on an Excel spreadsheet that are like if you looked at them on paper, you'd be like, damn, this is really impressive. Like he's really he's thought it through, he's determined the right dosa Jersey's. But then if it's like, all right, now, let's see if it's feasible slash. Can it be done? Well, it can be done, but it's going to cost you like fifty bucks a bottle. Yeah, like this many you just need to learn to compromise it. You need to be like to have a nerdy nerd brain doesn't work in business. You need then, you.
Speaker 1: Know, well, you need a hybrid brain. Dude. It's like I'm you know, I'm stumbling towards the end of my PhD and I don't really have an academic brain, like I can do it, but I'm more a creative I'm more like instinctive intuitive and what you think and what you feel. I mean well to an extent, but it's really, as you know, it's all about the data, it's all about the results, it's all about you know. So my personality and my brain fucking hell, and then you shove me in the middle of that environment with those requirements necessary, It's like, oh, yeah, I need to change, or at the very least, I need to develop new awareness, understanding and skills, you know. So you're right, there's the nerd who understands the science of the formula or the formulae and the doc and you know the physiological interactions. And then but how the fuck do I make money from this while still operating with integrity and actually giving people something that's not just another bullshit product in a bullshit website that doesn't do what the fucking insta star says it's going to do, you know, because there's that whole that's the other thing. It's like, I feel like, while we're drawing the analogy between you know, the space I came from and the space you're in now, Like personal trainers for a very long time and maybe now still have a credibility problem, right because it's like, well, anyone without being rude can become a trainer. You don't even have to go to it. You can do it online. And by the way, you can become a trainer in as little as twelve weeks. And also, anyone can be on a podcast like you and me, or on a website like yours or whatever. With respect you. I know that you're different, that's why you're on the show. But anyone can say anything and sell anything, right. And so for the punter who's got their fucking fifty bucks in their hand, it's trying to figure out what's real and what's a show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well it's good learnings. These are like already I've just taken from the last three days. Even though when I initially we got the first report back that said it didn't pass the quality control check. I've had stepbacks in my career. Did this one in particular, I don't know what. I don't know what it was, but it really hurt. It actually really hurt me. I was really upset, and I was like I had to deploy all the time. You know. Thankfully, I've got an amazing social circle people around me, family friends that are all like, it's all good, man, you get your bounce back, it's all good. You'll find a different supplier. Yeah, And I've been able to like kick myself back on my feet. I think, honestly, doing a really hard aerobic exercise, like aerobic workout, just like just shook things back into it. I was just like back into gear after that, I felt so much better.
Speaker 1: Wow, isn't it like people don't I did not expect you to say that, right, That wasn't what I thought was coming out now next. But it is interesting when sometimes we're going through albeit momentary or longer, but an emotional and or psychological struggle, and then you go do something which is completely physiological but has a psychological and emotional impact. You go, ah, I didn't need to think my way out of it. I needed to sweat my way out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. It's just yeah, it provides me so much resilience. That's why, Honestly, that's one of the reasons why. About ten weeks ago, I knew that I was coming up with all right, bouscha biology my brand right now. Yes, it's it's coming along, it's doing all right. But now it's like, all right, I'm starting a brand new company that's starting a brand new supplement line. I'm going to have to deploy every single tactic under the sun that I know that enhances my own resilience. And that meant that I was not saying goodbye to weight training, but I was like, all right, fifty to sixty percent of my training now is going to be aerobic conditioning. Not so much because I'm caring about VO two max, but more more about just because it gives, it builds, It builds me a bigger cup. I've got a bigger cup. Yeah, just to put it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it kind of switches on that, you know, that parasympathetic response, that fucking calm the farm, let's turn down the volume on the cortsole and all that shit. Yeah. Well, man, I'm excited for you and I'm excited to see what supplements that you come up with. So I thought what we might do today actually before we do that. So for the maybe thirty percent of our listeners right now who haven't heard you and don't know who you are, can you just give them rather than me read some crap, can you? Can you give them a quick snapshot of who you are and kind of what you do and then we'll dive in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, of course, qualified natural path. But I'm known online as Australia's number one biohacker, and that term biohacking basically just means how can we change our lifestyle environment? You know, how do we integrate food supplements, exercise to maximize our physiological and psychological performance. So Craig, you're a You're you're a bio hacker yourself because you know, you understand the importance of exercise. You probably time your coffee intake things like that. You know which foods impact you in a good way. So for people who don't know me, I would say that, like a lot of my content is geared around showcasing novel health information that can benefit millions of people. So that's really my main mission.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awesome, you mentioned coffee. So what we're going to do everyone, this might be one you might want to listen to again, maybe even take some notes. So what I'm going to do while we've got Australia's best biohacker is I'm going to milk the fuck out of him and for free, because that's how I roll, you know. I mean, it's great, he comes on, it gives us all this wisdom. I don't pay him and then he fucks off. What a great system of pit. It's a bit of a scam. No, hopefully, hopefully it's a little bit win win, and we can get you a few people on board the boost too biology train. But all right, so you spoke about coffee slash caffeine, and I think I heard you say the other day, I might fuck this up, but you really you use your your caffeine or your coffee strategically and you maybe only have one coffee every two or three days. Is that correct? And if so, explain that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The I think the critical point to understand here is that I view caffeine as as yet another tool in my toolkit to enhance productivity, energy output, workout performance. It's there as a tool, but it's not the only tool that I have. It's just one of the tools that I know. It will elicit certain effects in terms of wakefulness, energy productivity, pushing through a hard workout. But then it's like, all right, well, if I use this tool, what are some of the there are some drawbacks that I that I see with this particular tool, whereas with some of the other tools, for example, the other supplements that I've used or other herbal extracts that I've played around with, they can give me the same effect as caffeine, but without the side effects or without the you know, the come down the next day or feeling a bit of a crash or whatever. So I'm not gonna I'm definitely not gonna like bash caffeine or you know. If people are regular coffee drinkers, I'm not telling them to stop. It's just that my approach is that coffee is one of many different performance enhancing substances that I've leveraged into my wellness regime.
Speaker 1: All right, do's and don'ts for people, And again, remember everyone, these are not personal recommendations. This is not a prescription. There's two bullf heads on a podcast chatting, one bullf ed and one by a hapa. So again, this is just your thoughts, mate. But so I'm full disclosure. I have two a day. I have one in the morning, then I have one around I don't know, one o'clock. Yeah, So what are your general thoughts for the average punter out there who drinks coffee every day? Have you got any doos and don'ts?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean if we look at the look at the literature, I mean, two to three cups of coffee a day isn't really going to be problematic for majority of the population, particularly if you look at the beneficial effects in the long run, like protecting against liver disease and alzheimer and Parkinson's things like that. It's actually got some benefits dos and don't. Well, I would say, you know, if you're going to be going to bed at around ten pm at night, you really want to cut back on your caffeine intake after three o'clock or so to three pm, because it's just going to impair your sleep. Having said that, there is actually some this is nifty and pretty knowledge that this is somewhat new information. I doubt any one of your listeners has heard of this, But there's actually a there's actually a particular herb that can accelerate caffeine excretion from the body, and I can do it very very effectively. It's called router carpene. Router carpene. Yeah, that one there is known to accelerate caffeine excretion. So there's some companies that have like the anti caffeine pill, which basically you take that at around six seven, eight pm at night and will start to accelerate caffeine excretion so that you can fall asleep like just like normal.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, all right, what about just before we leave caffeine, two quick ones one Like, depending on the coffee you have, it could have forty milligrams of caffeine or one hundred milligrams of caffeine. Right, So, any thoughts on that, Like, what is it for the average punter who goes and gets a cappuccino in the morning, a takeaway cappuccino while they're heading to the train of the car or work. How many milligrams of coffee does that have?
Speaker 2: Oh, I can range from anywhere from like eighty to one hundred and thirty milligrams really depending upon the Yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Also next question and then we'll maybe not tea. I drink tea. I drink English breakfast tea. I probably have two of those a day, and two coffees. But it doesn't seem to do anything to me in terms of like I don't personally whether or not it's just my physiology, but I don't seem to get I mean, I enjoy a cup of tea, right, but it doesn't there doesn't seem to me to be any kind of stimulant or cognitive or energetic impact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what's unique about tea versus coffee is that tea contains some chemical constituents that a lot of the time can actually balance out the stimulatory effects of caffeine. So, for example, if you're talking about you're saying, like English breakfast tea or green tea.
Speaker 1: Just just your old jiggle and dangle with a little bit of skin mill come a fucking excitement.
Speaker 2: Well, for example, if we look at we look at I mean English breakfast tea, it's probably what's happening is there's a few compounds in there that probably balances out the way in which caffeine interacts with certain receptors. And some of those constitution so probably not even that well discovered or understood yet, but they probably have some what we call inhibitory effects on the brain. So caffeine is excitatory, and then there's constituents that are inhibitory. It probably has some inhibitory properties, right, all right.
Speaker 1: Last one on caffeine. I've spent far too long in it. But everyone knows that, understands it. Nearly everyone drinks it. Did I see on money or I'm not sure about this, so we might cut this out of the chat. But did I see you talking about caffeine and brown fat? Did I see that? Yeah, Okay, can you fill us in on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for the audience wanting to know more about what the heck brown fat is, well, brown fat is actually a good type of fat that like we as adults actually have on our bodies. We have a lot more of it when we're when we're a little kid, you know, when we're on out of the edge of two. But this caffeine has been shown to increase this brown adipose tissue, which is brown fat, and that basically increases your daily caloric burn. So anything that increases brown fat is a good thing. Another thing that does that is jumping into a cold shower, doing an ice bath. There's even some other herbs that can activate brown adipose tissue. But in general, it's actually a good thing, and brown fat actually reduces one's risk of various metabolic diseases. There's actually a good thing.
Speaker 1: And the next question is going to not be specifically relevant to around seventy percent of our audience, but maybe that same seventy percent will find it very interesting icing one's testicles, or as you call it in one of your reels, icing your balls and you're sitting there with another dude or dude's talking about putting your balls in ice cold water. Fuck. Yeah, that could be the title of the show, I Seeing your Balls. Why would one not this one, not this one who hosts this show, wouldn't. But why would one want to put one's testicles in ice water? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean this is probably something that I'm pretty well known for. They call me the ice over balls guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, great, Great, when you get a gig on TV, I'm going to look for that little title at the bottom of the screen.
Speaker 2: Love it, love it? Well, all right, if we look at the if we look at the practice, and why the heck would a guy even consider doing this? Well, Number one fertility enhancement without a doubt, Icing the testes, cooling the testes doesn't even need to be icing, But applying ice to the underwear actually drops the temperature of the testes. And there's a reason why the test is hang outside the body, like there's a reason why it's supposed to hang outside the body's bit because it's I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why it's funny, but when you say that that's funny, I'm like a fucking twelve year old sometime. Sorry, keep going.
Speaker 2: Well, if you look at what happens is when when the testes are actually when they heat up. What that causes called it causes heat stress to the testes. Anytime the testes get too hot or too warm, it severely affects their functioning, which includes sperm cell production and also testosterone production. So if we look at the modern man, like most men wake up, put on some tight underwear, go to work, drive, drive the car, go to work, heated seats in the car, you know these, And then they get to work, they've got their laptop. Sometimes men sit with the laptop on their lap, which is even worse because then you've got the EMF cooking your balls. Double double whammy there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm never turning on my heated seating. I've actually got a heated seat up one of my motorbikes, which is like just the most unnecessary luxury than anyone needs. But I'm not using that bitch ever. Again.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well, I mean so if we look at that, I mean, that's definitely going to be having a negative effect. And then basically what happens is what we've seen, and I've seen blood work from guys before and after, and I bear in mind, this is literally my occupation as a naturopath. I regularly look at blood work. I regularly look at testosterone vitamins. And I've seen what happens when a guy applies us to his balls five to ten minutes a day, two to three times a day.
Speaker 1: Do you just describe how one does that? Like? Am I lying on my back with my legs in the air getting my partner to rub my testicles with ice? Is that what's going on? If I had a partner, or am I just am I straddling some kind of apparatus and dipping them in a little ball? What's well?
Speaker 2: Fortunately, a lot of companies have caught on this, this biack, and there's actually specific ice pack ice packs that are designed to cup the testes, so that actually basically, if you're sitting down, I will just sort of cooper around the the you know, hug hug the testes. It's the jet pack ice pack is the one that's doing pretty well at the moment.
Speaker 1: Great jet pack we have, well, I have no affiliation. I'm sure Lucas doesn't. The jet pack ice pack, Okay.
Speaker 2: And then there's also there's also there's also a specific type of under So what happens is wearing polyester underwear as well literally causes infertility. There's there's there's actually studies done in the nineteen nineties that shows that polyester underwear, you know that, you know, when you take off clothes and it causes the static shocks you.
Speaker 1: Know, electricity.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, that same thing happens when you wear poly particularly if you've got hairy balls. Yeah, shout out to the hairy ball brethren.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all leaning in right now and leaning back on. Oh my god, fast forward, fast forward.
Speaker 2: That polyester underwear actually creates that static shock as well.
Speaker 1: Best show ever, Best show ever. Okay, and so my last question on this, ladies, you'll be relieved. So if I you know, if somebody does that protocol, does that increase testosterone production or does it just stop the lowering of testosterone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this is where there's quite a bit of debate around whether or not actually has a stimulatory effect on baseline testosterone. Like I said before, I've seen enough blood test results to verify that on average, most guys will see between eighty to one hundred and fifty nanogram peredest letter increased in testosterone levels after about ten to twelve weeks of icing, which is it's pretty significant when you look at it from like the average Joe Blow, whose testosterone levels are pretty shit to begin with, like around three hundred four hundred for most guys, and then it's bringing it back up into you know, maybe like five hundred six hundred, which is definitely better than where it was before.
Speaker 1: So okay, so mate, an increase of kind of what did you say, eighty two hundred and twenty nanograms per DESO letter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on average what I've seen after about twelve weeks and and.
Speaker 1: Back in the old days, back in the old days when you were just a thought in your mum and dad's eyes, So like fifty years ago, wasn't the average dude somewhere up around one thousand? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's happened is the reference range now for in today's society, they've actually reduced that reference range because the average is so low. But if you can there's a quote that I say, which is you're not the man you're grandfather was, which is it's just true like you look at men today, isn't it funny?
Speaker 1: Like we know that once a guy gets to a certain level that it's actually has a you know, a negative impact on a bunch of stuff. So what they've done is they've just moved the normal range down despite the new normal being fucking way less than optimal and also being like the new normal is not healthy. No, no, but but you know, technically they're right because it is normal. But as we've spoken about with David Gillespie, who you may or may not know, in a couple of others, doctor Denise Vaness, who's a geneticist about palates and all of those things that you understand better than I do, the impact of you know, plastics and lots of other you know, seed oils according to David Gillespie, and a bunch of other things, like we're doing a lot of shit us guys are doing, and a lot of shit that's kind of fucking us up from a hormonal perspective without even knowing it. Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's like a really critical, really critical piece of what I try to educate. I've actually because TRT is on the rise, I actually developed, like I developed a course.
Speaker 1: Tell people what that is? Made you and I know what it is, but what is it?
Speaker 2: TRT Testosterone replacement therapy. So basically what happens is if you go to your GP in Australia. If you're a guy and your testosterone levels is really low according to a blood test, like I mean less than one hundred and eighty I think it is, that that's the cutoff ringe. Then you qualify for the ability to go on testosterone replacement therapy. And that basically means that you're substituting the hormone that your body is supposed to be making, but you're just not making it. So then instead what happens is they give you the hormone as a way to preserve functioning. What will happen is though when you get prescribed testosterone replacement therapy, it will significantly lower fertility. So testosterone is really powerful. It will suppress sperm production, not fully, but really powerfully. And this is a risk that men need to be aware of, particularly the younger men. So it's the young guys between twenty five and thirty five who haven't had kids yet, Like, they've got to be really careful with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's we're trying to trying to skip through them. But okay, so let's say somebody's listening to this now and they are or they care about some like a dude who's somewhere in the twenty to forty range, who's still or any range really, but we're talking about typically people that might be wanting to become a dad. What's three or four kind of no brain of things that they can so I think they're balls. Not drinking out of plastic bottles anything else on that list. Mate.
Speaker 2: Some sunlight exposure like going outside to the sun without sunscreen, obviously within reason, but don't don't be afraid. Don't be afraid of getting actual sunlight exposure, like chest exposure to the sun literally increases testosterone. Really yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: If anyone sees me just up and down Hampton from a big pecs on display, I'm not being a dickhead. I'm just trying to, you know, get a sniffy. What can I say.
Speaker 2: You've got a medical certificate, you just say.
Speaker 1: Just say, I'm not Yeah, this is Luca, this is prescription. This is prescription, all right. I tell you something that I want your thoughts on. I've been a very I've been terrible at supplementing over the years, and unlike you, not very methodical very you know, I've been probably a little bit more methodical and strategic than the average punter. But if you're a ten out of ten on the you know, using your brain and being very strategic, methodical and using research as your guide, you're a ten, and the average punters are one or two. I'm probably a four or five in that. But one thing that I have done consistently, like the only supplement that I take at the moments, and I've been doing it every day for about and you'll probably tell me not to do it every day, but anyway, I've been doing five about five grams a day is just credit team, which is not going to be a big surprise to you. Maybe five to ten. But and this is again everyone, not a not a prescription for anyone. It's just a personal story. But I felt like towards the end of last year, so five months ago, so I felt like I was almost had low level chronic tigue. And I don't know if this is correlated a lot, but my energy is better, my cognitive function is better. I train better now. I don't know. I don't think any of that's placebo because I wasn't expecting that. I wasn't doing it expect I was just thinking, ah, because I get I get shout out to Max's who are very generous to me. I get all this shit for free, right, and I'm like, ah, anyway, thoughts on creatine. For me, it seems to be working. And I don't know if that's my brain or the product, but Buck, I don't care. Whatever I'm doing is working, so I'm going to keep doing that. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Creatine definitely works. It's probably one of the most well studied ergogenic aids. It's funny because if you look at that word ergogenic, that's literally, you know, one of my Instagram hand or ergogenic health. And so if you like Creatine's new research is mostly centered around brain like brain health, and like, if you do a search on PubMed, you'll see plenty of studies backing even like as low as one to two grams per day supplemental. Are you going to get much more benefit if you're taking five grams for athletic performance and muscle growth and stuff. Yeah, but yeah, creatine is the real deal.
Speaker 1: People get a bit hysterical. I'm not sure. Does ergogenic just kind of mean performance enhancing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, any any technique or substance used to enhance performance.
Speaker 1: People get hysterical about that. Idea, And I'm like, until you tell them that, I'll guess what else is performance enhancing? Water?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sleep, meditation, you know, like protein. You know it's like, ah, so turn down the hysteria. You know what else is performance enhancing training? Oh? Okay, you know what else? Ice bars, recovery, so breathwork. So the biggest peptide of twenty twenty four as announced the other day by you. I don't know if you just did like a snapshot or you've done a deep dive, but I think it's called I'm probably going to fuck this up. I never heard of it till you told me the other day, without knowing that you told me Die Luccene yep, yep. Is that what I've never I mean, I've never heard of that? Is that? Have we known about that for a long time? Or is that a recent discovery or is the process?
Speaker 2: Well let's let's let's frame it. So, first of all, maxes that that creed. They let's have a look at protein powder. Right, Let's say you've got Maxi's protein powder. If you look at the label on Max's protein powder, they'll have a whole amino acid breakdown and they'll have without a doubt they'll have lucine in there, and lucine is actually part of what we call the BCAA family. Yeah right, So lou've scene has a lot of research to back its use for stimulating m tore, which is a mealian target of wrapromycin, which is like a trigger for protein synthesis. Leucine has been studied heavily. But there's a new form of leucine which is actually two loucine molecules bound together, called dilucine, which creates a peptide. Because a peptide technically is two to fifty amino acid like just has to be two or above, and so dilucine can be used orally in supplemental form, and it does appear to increase muscle protein synthesis for more than free leucine does. So if leucine is the trigger for protein synthesis, one of the main triggers in way protein, then could you imagine if you add dileucine, which outperforms loucine to a protein powder. You can just imagine the animalolic response that you could get from that.
Speaker 1: Wow, Max's are you paying attention? That would be good? That would be good?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Let's go again on this is very broad in general, and this is zooming out to the macro and zooming away from the micro for a minute. And I'm sure you and I could talk about this for a long time, but let's give it a minute or two, because it's something that everyone does know and understand. Fiber is the I think we used to get told something like we need forty grams of fiber a day for bowel health or but then you have people who have essentially no fiber and just live on meat and don't seem to die of constipation. Tell us about your thoughts and recommendations on fiber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, as a naturopath, if I said publicly that we don't need fiber, I would probably get a million letters from other naturopaths saying like, what are you doing? Like you're supposed to be a naturopath. You're supposed to support the gut health of all humans across the world. Because every single realistically, every single subject that we studied, every single lectra used to come back and say it all comes back to gut health, Like it's all about you know, if you look at the quality of their poop and if it's not good. Then there's something wrong, right, all right? So where does that leave fiber? I personally do see a time and place and a pretty significant importance for fiber intake for humans. The reasons that I think it's important is probably not what the average person thinks it's important for. But I personally know that fiber can stimulate hormones in the gut that control society and can help to regulate insulin resistance and all that sort of stuff. So in my opinion, and as one particular fiber that I literally add to my protein powder pretty much every single day is called partially hydrolyzed guagum PHGG and that's like fully soluble like mix as well. There's no taste whatsoever, And it's literally one of the best fibers for not only reversing IBSC but also IBSD so constumpation and diarrhea.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, So fiber has an impact on leptin production or grain or both? It does both both? Wow Wow, that's fucking fascinating. All right, let's keep going. So a lot of people are talking about N m N, which all a lot of people call em M M N Finelle M for Michael N. Finelle as my mother would say, well, the fuck is n m N and do we need it?
Speaker 2: Okay? NIMN stands for nicotinamide mono nucleotide and it's basically, yeah, that's very basic. Hopefully that that's why that's what we call it.
Speaker 1: Men. Yeah, that doesn't test me on that at the end I will fail. Yep.
Speaker 2: So, nicotinamide mononucleotide is basically helps with the synthesis of ATP. So it helps to facilitate the conversion of carbohydrates into the body's main energy currency, which is ATP. So it's very similar to creating. Now, if we look at what happens when humans take enimen in capsule form, because of course we can. We can. We can find this animen in foods like there's taki, mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage, like these are foods that are contain quite high amounts of NIMN. But what happens if you if you supplement with the with this, it switches on long jer genes, so it turns on longevity genes, and it helps to improve overall metabolic health such as reductions in serreactive protein, improvements in insulin sensitivity, reductions in fasting blood sugar levels, improvements of cholesterol parameters. And if we look at like what what a let's say a person has what I call is a virgin to anemen. They've never used it before, and they take a high quality ANEMEN and they use it for the first time ever. Most people report improvements in general energy, like general energy and that's like very very minimal side effects. Like yeah, so it's a it's got a great safety profile and its completely it's probably worth that NIMAN supplement in space probably worth over one hundred it's probably worth over I don't know, seven hundred million dollars in the US, that's my guess.
Speaker 1: Wow. And so somebody like me, who I'm an an MM virgin That could also be the title of the show what. And again this is just this is not a prescription because you've done no blood work and all that. But what is an indicative kind of dose that I would start on?
Speaker 2: So as a beginner, I would start on five hundred milligrams of venomen in.
Speaker 1: The morning, right and just once a day.
Speaker 2: Yep, Well, just just to start with and then gauging how you respond if your sleep's affected or whatever, then yeah, just you can go up to a gram that's fine.
Speaker 1: Now another supplement that a lot of people take. This is great, by the way, I love just banging questions at you. Another supplement that a lot of people take, by the way, Lucas's instagram is ergagetic underscore health, ergogenic underscore health, and his business has boost a biology. So get the fuck on board the Lucas train. A lot of people takeesium. Yeah, but also I heard you say that potentially some people wake up groggy and a little bit lethargic as a consequence. Not everyone, of course, but it has the potential to do that. Just unpack that if you would.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So this comes back to a really important principle when we're looking at different supplements, is that individual response. Like there's going to be fluctuations in how you respond versus how I respond, versus how Jack responds versus our Sarah response, like all that sort of stuff. So magnesium, if you have low baseline levels of cortisol and you're taking a whopping dose of magnesium before bed, it's definitely gonna shut you down and help you sleep. But sometimes what can happen is the magnesium still lingering in the body the following day, and that can make it a little bit difficult for people to wake up and just like bounce out of bed. So for example, if I take a big dose of magnesium, it's I want to hit the I want to hit snooze on the alarm clock because I'm just too relaxed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can imagine that happening. I was thinking as you were talking about waking up lethargic, something else that people use to sleep. And no, no, I don't even know if you know anything about what. I'm sure you fucking do because you're you cbe d oil. Now, this is a left turn in the conversation. I know, I don't even know if that's in your wheelhouse, but I'm sure you have some thoughts on it. CBD oil, of course everyone is from the hemp plant. Is that the right or marijuana? But it's the non psychoactive component. Yeah, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: All right? So I can talk pretty extensively about CBD because I actually volunteer myself in a clinical study to be a participant to receive a whopping dose of CBD four hundred milligrams. This was about five years five years ago now, so basically what they were doing as well they're wanting to assess pharmacokinetic and safety study of CBD in healthy humans. It depends to define healthy humans and basically what they wanted to see was the dosage escalation and so CBD, even though people say that it's not psychoactive, it's still having a calming effect and it shuts that it will slow down. It can have calming properties and anti stress properties. And in that study, when I was when I received that massive dose, I was like very very groggy and very very related. It was a big dough like you're going to get that effect when you're taking a big dose. But it really relaxed me a lot, Like an I.
Speaker 1: Half life of that stuff? Mate, give or take up the top of your Head's like, how I throw him under the bus? Everyone.
Speaker 2: It's probably not that long because even though it's fat solid, was probably around I don't know, six hours or so, right, Actually, I don't know. It could be it could be quite long. Depends depends on the product. But it most people to put into perspective. They're using five to ten, five to ten milligrams. I had four hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, wow, so you had eighty times five milligrams yeah, yeah, that's that's crazy. All right, we're on the home straight. I'm giving you a nine out of ten. So far, well done. Like you need some fucking evaluation for me. Ah. So I heard you talking about everyone's fascinated with not everyone, but a lot of people are interested in fat loss. And I heard you talking about something called nut grass, which I actually have. I never even heard of it. If somebody asked me, I'd go, fuck, I don't know, go and ask Lucas what is it and what does that allegedly do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's a particular website that I was really fascinated by when it comes to like understanding different supplements and things like that. So not grass does contain a few constituents that have anti obesity properties. Now this is the same for we could look at I would say, what's a good fat loss ingredient that your audience would know, Like carnitine, Oh, carnatine is one, Like garcinia. Cambogia's probably another one your audience would know about, which basically blocks fat absorption in the small testine. But if you look at if you look at a lot of these different herbal medicines, for example, like what they do is. Some of them will work by number one, either mimicking insulin in the body, which is which is a good thing. Number two, they will either block fat absorption by the small intestine, so like literally like a fat blocker, or they might also improve caloric burn at rest, so even at rest they increase your what we call net energy expenditure. And this particular nut grass does have some pretty cool preliminary research at least in rodents that it can affect lepturn, it can lower leptn, lower cordico steroids, decrease lipids, and results in improvements in body composition. So this is just one of the many different ingredients. Another one would be fuk x anthem, which is a particular seaweed that are some good effects. But as with most supplements, I'd say it's just the icing on the cake. So make sure you're doing your cardio, eating well, you know, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: It's not a standalone solution. And it's also I mean also it's interesting I was talking to I've spoken about this before. I was talking the other day to a guy who's dealing with an ongoing kind of permanent His name is Terry. I'll give a shout out to Terry, and he had a bunch of brain operations. And I'd probably better not say how much of a particular drug that I used once, right for a prescribed drug for neural pain. Right now, The amount that I took was, I took one pill and I literally hallucinated. I took one tablet. I've never taken it before. And I was sitting in my office Lucas, and I've got two whiteboards in here, and I was sitting in I've got these two big comfy leather chairs. I was in agony. I had this fucked back bulging disks pressing on that I was in agony, right, and I took one of these drugs, which is for that kind of pain. And I literally was staring at the whiteboard, and the writing on my whiteboard slid off the whiteboard and slid down onto the wall. Right now, in my mind or in my eyes, I was looking at a clean whiteboard and writing all over the wall, which I knew wasn't real, like I simultaneously saw it, but knew it wasn't real. Anyway, I was telling him about this, and I told him what I take. Now he weighs about fifty or took. He weighs about fifteen kilos less than me. Every day, he takes eight times that every day. No hallucinating, No, And I'm like, the human body is what's my point? My point is that all of these things, whatever it is that we do to our body, whether it's put in a supplement or a drug, or we ice our balls, or we get in a fucking sauna, or we go for a run or we sleep, there's going to be unique physiological reactions. You know. There's there's very little absolute when it comes to this stuff. And the thing that will you know, someone can eat a handful of peanuts and they feel satisfied and great. Someone else has one peanut and they fucking die, you know, because of their unique physiology in response to that particular stimulus that happens to be a peanut. You know. So I think it's important that while we listen to all of these ideas, you know, I'm talking about from the listener's perspective now, that we do our own research, but also tread really carefully. I mean, I think there are some things that we know are for the most you know, if you want to introduce exercise into your life. That's probably not a high risk thing as long as you're not running a marathon two days after you start. But just also, you know that an equals one thing that I talk about a lot, lucas of just just doing a bit of trial and error and introducing who was I talking to the other day, doctor Bill what's his surname, great guy scientists from the States, and we're talking about this, and he said, yeah, let's let's change one thing. Let's see what your body does, you know, doctor Bill Sullivan. That's it. And then so rather than introducing five new things, because then we don't know what the fuck's going on. We don't know what's working and what's not.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, that's that's that's critical because like there's so many different Like there's like I said before, with the individuality the response, and I think the main thing is like at least the more knowledge you get about your own physiology, the more you're empowered. And the more that you're empowered, the more you have control of your life. And like who doesn't want more control over the way that they show up in the world, you know, So definitely important important principles.
Speaker 1: All Right, I want to finish on two quick things. Probably not quick, but we could do a whole episode on it, but you probably don't want to. When I don't really ozen pic, which is like, I've never seen a drug get so much fucking press. I've never seen or maybe I have, but nothing springs to mind. What's your for? What it's what it's worth? I mean that respectfully, But what are your thoughts on ozeen pic, good, bad, or indifferent?
Speaker 2: So a zempic is a medication that's used to treat type two diabetes, so it helps a low of blood sugar, but it has some secondary effects of reducing body fat and muscle mass as well. So if we look at ozen pik, what it does is mimic the effects of GLP one, glucagon like peptide one, which has a really, to put it simply, irregulates appetite and it really super powerfully without being a stimulant. Because the previous drugs that we used to treat fat loss were central nervous system stimulants and they would increase heart rate and have all these sort of side effects. Thankfully, ozepic doesn't have those nasty stimulant properties, but it does have a pretty long half life in the sense that if you take it, you will notice that you'll look at food very differently, Like you'll look at food and almost be like disgusted by food. It will make you repelled by food. You won't be able to eat as much because it makes you feel full. It will cause something a side effect called gastroparesis, which is it will literally freeze the stomach so it doesn't move food through the stomach, which can be really dangerous.
Speaker 1: What do we call them motility? Do we call that that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, intestinal periscelsis, which is Look, I think we've got a lot of obese people in the world, Like and I'm not fat shaming or anything here, but like it's like it's a it is a global issue. Okay, Now, how do you get someone who's one hundred and fifty kilos to start walking ten thousand steps a day when it's when they're really struggling. So it's like, okay, well, is that when nozeenpic is beneficial? Maybe because it's going to get taken them from one hundred and fifty kilos down to like, I don't know, one hundred and ten kilos without without huge amount of effort. On the per It comes back to the effort side. People just don't want the effort. People want the shortcut. A zempi is going to provide that because it it will, but it comes to cost. You know, people are losing muscle mass as well, Like they're literally like dropping muscle mass, and that's not good as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's finish on this. Do you do you eat fruit? Do you recommend people eat fruit? Just because I mean, there are some people that are like, I'm not talking about veggies everyone, I'm talking about fruit. What's your And again just an opinion, everyone, don't get your nickers in a nut.
Speaker 2: I eat as much fruit as I want. I do not have fruit concentrates and I do not have processed sugary fruit juices. I literally have blueberries, blackberries, raspberries all the time, apples, orange like, nothing wrong with fruit in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Great, So no peaches in a can for you, None of that for me. Mate. Tell people how they can find you, follow you, connect with you, and get you to come and work with their team and all of those things if they'd like to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can check out boost youoorbiology dot com. That's my website connected with me there and also YouTube as well. Yeah, since we last spoke that the channel's grown significantly and I'm trying to send a lot of traffic to the YouTube channel, which is also called boost Boost your Biology.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations mate. What you're doing is you're putting out a lot of amazing content. And I'm not pissing in your pocket. Like I follow you, I read you every day. I'm excited every day to see what you're putting up. You've been teaching me without knowing it, and you know, thanks for what you're doing for everyone, and I appreciate I appreciate you on the new project again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me, Craig. It's always a pleasure to chat and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, yeah, man. You're good value too. You come at a right price, you know, So thanks everyone,