Speaker 1: I'd like to begin by acknowledging the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past present, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Stepping Up the podcast where we explore all things organization, mental health routines, personal development, motherhood and health. I'm your host, Steph Pace, and I'm the woman behind Just Another Mummy blog and also the founder of Steph Pace Planners. But I can assure you this is not just another podcast online. I'm known for my organization tips and tricks and the occasional banter, but it definitely wasn't always this way. I used to be a hot mess and occasionally still am. And I'm here as your honest and real friend each week to show you how I turn my life of chaos into clarity. Between the house, health, kids, work, and wanting to be the best version of yourself, it can be overwhelming, and I'm here to give you the tools and tips to stop you feeling like a slave to your daily time, asks, home life, and especially the expectations you have on yourself.
Speaker 1: Join me as I share my.
Speaker 2: Journey and insights into the art of balancing at all and speak to guests who can help us all live a better life. Whether you're looking to streamline your daily routines, boushial wellbeing, achieve your fitness goals, dive into personal development, or find inspiration to step up into the best version of yourself, We've got you.
Speaker 3: So are you ready to step up your game? Let's go. Hello guys, and welcome back to stepping Up.
Speaker 2: I know I might be sounding a little bit different today, and that is because I'm recording for the first time in our brand new house. So if you guys haven't been following me on socials, we finally moved into the new house, which is so bloody exciting, and of course with that, we are living out of boxes right now and I couldn't really set up my normal podcast equipment, so I'm pretty much filming this with my little wireless microphone.
Speaker 3: So I do hope it is okay, and I.
Speaker 2: Have so many things to update you guys on. I feel like there's just so much that's how been over the last couple of weeks. As you know, I do like to batch record, So the last few episodes I recorded in the unit and now, yeah, we've just moved into the new house. We've been here for two weeks and it is just chaosy, but it is just so bloody exciting. I can't tell you how long we've waited for this moment, and the kids they're just like, I don't know, I can't explain it. And I know this sounds a bit lame, but it feels like we've finally come home. And yes, we've obviously been waiting for this moment for two and a half years. It has been a long time in the making, but there's something about this place that it just feels like we've finally come home and it's just beautiful.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: For a bit of background, if you guys are knew here, Ryan has been building the house and we got an introm ox, which means basically we've moved in before the house is completely finished. Basically means we're living on a building side at feels where there's like trade is here at seven o'clock in the morning, I'm like in my pajamas. The other day, the girls had their book week thing and Harper's wand broke, and then I asked the trader.
Speaker 3: I was like, could you please sillicn this gem back on for me.
Speaker 2: It's been really really helpful to have them here, but it's chaos and I'm happy about it.
Speaker 3: We're just happy to be here. As you guys know.
Speaker 2: When we're in the unit, the kids were feeling really out of sorts as well, and now that they're here and they have their own space in their own rooms, it's like they feel like themselves again too.
Speaker 3: So it's's been really really beautiful to see. But of course with.
Speaker 2: That means routines are crazy, like the kitchens and done. We've already got like one shower, but we just don't CAx. We're just so bloody happy.
Speaker 3: To be here. If you guys are, make sure you're following along on socials.
Speaker 2: Every week I've been uploading a YouTube video showing the progress of us moving in and like pouse progress as well. In other news, we have just been shooting, like we've done like five photo shoots in a row for our twenty twenty five planners, which you need to make sure you write down these dates.
Speaker 3: The reveals start on the sixteenth.
Speaker 2: Of September and they all go on sale on the twentieth of September, and if you know anything about my Planners, they can sell out on the night, so you want to make sure you jump on, but you should wait to see the Planners, and also just the videos we also filmed. They are just next level. I can't explain you how much work and time goes into every single Planner, and then also all the content and strategy behind me planning for everything, and our team, and it's just everyone's just so passionate.
Speaker 3: But it is huge days.
Speaker 2: So I've done five photo shoots and I'm absolutely zonked, So I don't know if this is even going to make any sense, but it's such a fulfilling thing. It kind of feels like we call it Planner Season because it literally is a season for us at SPP and me personally. It is all our hard work, everything coming together. There's always mistakes and shit shows happening, but we always manage to get through. And other Plannet companies tend to post some photos of their Planners feature, but I go full out. If you know anything about my reveal video, it's a full production, and of course finish year it's going to be no different. So please make sure you sign up to our wait list, which I'll give you, guys the link in the show notes, because you're not gonna.
Speaker 3: Want to miss out.
Speaker 2: Because I have really shaken things up. I can't explain to you, I can't say it here, but the planner is not only externally I've completely revamped, it's also internally.
Speaker 3: There is so.
Speaker 2: Much more functional and better for people like me with a messy mind that gets overwhelmed and you really need to be able to have a proper planning system. I've got you covered and I just can't wait for you guys to see the designs and everything we've done.
Speaker 3: Anyway, moving on, Yes, we're in the house now.
Speaker 2: We've been doing planner shoots and you know, as you guys know, it's been a really tough couple of years for me. You know, I've had a lot of loss, a lot of grief, very much been in this hustle era, which, as you guys know, I never promote that, but I've had to for my business and to get us into the house. And now that we're finally here, yes, we're a really long way from being completely finished. If anyone knows when you've been into a house you're never really going to be fully finished.
Speaker 3: But I knew it's just time for.
Speaker 2: Me to kind of reassess where I'm at and see what I can do to really pull back in areas. So I can, you know, be Steph, be a mum, get at least six hours of sleep every night, because although we have seasons and not every season, you are going to be able to keep up with all the things. For me, for example, my health has really taken the back seat, which.
Speaker 3: Has always been really important to me.
Speaker 2: And instead of me getting upset with myself about it or expecting more, I just knew this is the season I'm in and that's okay. But now that we're here, I've been thinking really long and hard about everything I'm doing and before, to be honest, I couldn't have pulled back on anything because everything contributes and I love everything I do. And that's the thing is I love every single business. I have, every platform.
Speaker 3: The podcast, YouTube, everything, But if.
Speaker 2: I am only one person, and although I'm very passionate for me, one of my biggest struggles is kind of being able to be realistic. So which is what I'm really doing right now? If you know, along with all these life updates and things like that, I do have a pretty big announcement. Is this something I always preach you guys, as well as just being able to kind of be realistic with yourself and know that you can't be everything to everyone all the time and you can't do everything right now. And if you have ADHD like myself, and if you are a very driven person, that can be frustrating because you just want to do all the things now, Like, for example, I have absolutely no free time. And guests who just bought a marketing course?
Speaker 3: Yes I did.
Speaker 2: I'm an idiot sandwich. But anyway, when I told Ryan, he's like, are you actually kidding me?
Speaker 3: Stuff? And it's just because I'm passionate. It's like the handwriting course.
Speaker 2: If you followed me back at COVID days, I bought a bloody handwriting course, which I still haven't done because I have terrible handwriting and I sell planners, so I felt like I had to kind of sort that out, but I still haven't done it. And I feel like a lot of the time when you ask someone who's passionate and you want to do all the things and you want to have all these hobbies, and then like say, you know, you sign up to all these courses and you say I'm going to do this out and the other, and then it doesn't happen. We tend to be quite hard on ourselves, but I think, if anything, if we're in a really hectic season of our life, I think we need to just give ourselves a bit more grace with that.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is definitely.
Speaker 2: Times where we could just be being lazy, but I think the world is just really really noisy social media, there's a million platforms, there's things to be doing. This is the first time, like our generation and even the generation under us, we've never had to be so switched on twenty four to seven. And I think it's about time we kind of really took charge of that and stopped feeling guilty for maybe not doing course or not falling through with that hobby. If that is for your mental health, then you should be giving yourself a pat on the back. Really, And this is all going to be tying into my announcement soon, but I think we just need to meet ourselves with a lot more grace. Like I always say, if your friend came to you and said, you know, life's being really crazy, I was meant to do this, that and the other. Would you tell them, oh, you're lazy, that's not good enough, or would you tell them you've got a lot on right now, it cut yourself some slack. And I do believe there is a massive difference between meeting yourself with compassion and then you're just making up excuses. And I think we always will know within our gut what that is for us. Like I know one hundred percent when I'm just couldn't be bothered to do things, But I also know when life's just crazy and I just need to just take a fucking minute, you know what I mean. So that is really I guess leaning into my announcement now, which was something I haven't taken lightly.
Speaker 3: And I have been thinking about this for a while because, as I said, every.
Speaker 2: Single thing I do I love, But I am only one person and the season I'm in right now, I've just moved house. I have a lot to be doing around here. You've got the planners, and it's time for me to really.
Speaker 3: Cut back on some stuff.
Speaker 2: So with that, I have decided to be taking a break with the podcast. And I'm sure you guys may have noticed, Yes, I have been showing up with episodes every week, but even you know, on socials and me being able to talk about it and really engage with you know, the Stepping Up community. I haven't had this space to do that. And when I do things, I like to put my whole heart into it. But I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Just have so much more to give to you guys.
Speaker 2: But I also know and acknowledge that I can't be everything to everyone all the time.
Speaker 3: So it isn't goodbye. It is definitely not goodbye.
Speaker 2: Stepping Up will come back bigger and better than ever, and I know in the future there's going to be events, but you know, I've got so many things on the horizon. But I'm opening my eyes and being realistic about the season I'm in and what is needed of me. And right now, things that I'm doing is getting back into organization.
Speaker 3: I'm getting the house ready. If you're an.
Speaker 2: OG you know Stephing Day's follower from back in the day.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm known from. I've known for organization.
Speaker 2: I'm known for my day to day just being around the house and showing you guys how I keep up with routines and things like that, and that has definitely just kind of feels a little way over the last couple of years because of my business and the season I'm in, and now that I'm here and once the planners are kind of like launched and that's done, I'm just so excited to be able to like set my house up and.
Speaker 3: Start the process of what we've worked so hard for.
Speaker 2: And that again is a very visual thing, and I am going to be doing youtubes every week. I'm going to be doing so much content on socials of the house and my organization, and that's something you guys really need to see.
Speaker 3: With your eyes. But if you are a podcast.
Speaker 2: Early through and through, you can literally listen to that. You know, you can hop on my YouTube on Mondays. I drop an episode at five pm every Monday, and you can listen to that while you drive. You still can keep up to date with me. You can watch my stories. And just please know that I didn't make this decision lightly. It does break my heart because I genuinely I'm not going to get emotional.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get emotional.
Speaker 2: I've gotten so many amazing opportunities from this podcast and things that you guys don't even know about. Yeah, that is because of this podcast and obviously from all the work I put in. But I'm just so grateful for you, and I'm so grateful for this community and for you guys tuning in every single week to listen.
Speaker 3: To me blab in your ear. And I've got so many plans for the future.
Speaker 2: I've got guests that I want to be doing, like having on the show that sounded weird and amazing, like programs for you guys, and courses and so many things.
Speaker 3: Again multi passionate.
Speaker 2: I want to do all the things, but I'm learning that I can't do them all at once. So in saying that I don't know exactly when I'll be back on here, I don't want to be telling you guys a date and then, you know, if things happen. I don't want to be feeling that pressure because I know I will force myself to show up. And I just I guess this is a good reminder for you guys too, that what you see on social media, you see these people who look like they're just these boss women and they get things done and they can keep on top of everything, And I want you to know that's not the reality of it. My house is a shit show. I haven't been able to put my health first for a long time, and that's a really important thing to me. It's one of my highest values is health. And I just want you guys to know that you're all human and I don't have my shit together, and that's why I'm here, because I'm sharing that journey with you, guys. I'm sharing with you how people with messy minds and who are overwhelmed chronically can take back control of their life. And that is still a journey that I'm living, but I'm sharing it with you along the way. And you know, everything I've spent literally decades researching into is what I share and what I have in my planners and put on my pages. And I just know that this isn't goodbye. It is just a goodbye for now, and I don't know. I just love you guys so much, and please keep following Stepping Up on socials and obviously, when we're back, I will be announcing it and we will be coming back with a bang.
Speaker 3: But until then, goodbye for now. Love you babe.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for tuning today's episode of Stepping Up. I don't want this to be just another podcast that you listen to you get inspiration and then you don't take action. If there's been something in this episode that will help you step up into the best version of yourself, open up.
Speaker 3: Your trusted planner and make a plan.
Speaker 2: And if you've loved listening to today's episode, take screenshot and show me where you've been listening from.
Speaker 3: I love seeing it.
Speaker 2: Make sure you tag us at Stepping Up and steph Pace Underscore on Instagram so we can see it. And make sure you subscribe because you won't want to miss what's coming up next week.