Speaker 1: So are you on a WEDG tread? You're sick?
Speaker 2: You're actually sick.
Speaker 3: Where's your Head Out is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 1: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Hello, Anna, you look pretty stressed. I pought a bit of your stories on the way in. Please explain what happened.
Speaker 3: I'm like a week away from leaving that's so close to go to Greece for my wedding, and I just feel like this last week I'm in high anxiety and stress.
Speaker 2: Like you know me, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Really Brizilla, I haven't really like I feel like we haven't even like really talked.
Speaker 2: First we just.
Speaker 1: Got like, no, yeah we haven't. So just a preface, we haven't really spoken since I was in BALI have I mean, we had a couple of phone calls while I was there.
Speaker 3: We had a few phone calls, but I reckon, like you and Bali is the longest we really haven't spoken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon what a couple of days now it would be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's kind of like we're catching up, are you?
Speaker 2: How are you, because you're looking quite tanned.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Honestly, I look first of all Bali, I don't make your time. My first time in Bali actually took me to be twenty eight years old to travel.
Speaker 2: Across the first time you've been to Bali, I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Well. It was like when I was like younger, you know, like all the boys go with like twenty one, twenty two, all that sort of stuff, and you hear like the stories, and I was sort of like, I don't want to do that, Like I don't want to go across and like you know, have like a full boys trip like that just didn't appeal to.
Speaker 2: Me, didn't appeal to you. I'm just surprised you didn't.
Speaker 1: Appeal to me. I'd rather do Europe or something like that.
Speaker 2: So you're one of those I don't do Bali.
Speaker 3: I get a Europe and I don't get it because people get like there's something that people get so offended and annoyed about when people just keep going back to Bali. They're like travel elsewhere, like broaden your horizons.
Speaker 2: And it's like, if you've been.
Speaker 3: To Bali, you can have a really good time for not so much money.
Speaker 2: We're still a lot of money.
Speaker 3: But like in comparison to like a euro trip or an America trip.
Speaker 1: I do. I don't get offended, but I think it's pretty cliche to go to Bali all the time.
Speaker 2: So how was your trip? We went to talk about me, but let's just I want to know about your trip. Tell me about your Bali trip.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, first of all, Balinese people absolutely nothing wrong, Like they're so nice angels angels yet like I sent from above, yeah, so sweet. Even like some of the people, I was like, like, no one seems to be having a bad day. Literally, I was like, is someone here going to be having a bad day? No one was. The villas I stayed in, obviously, it looked amazing, amazing. One of them was seventeen bedrooms.
Speaker 2: Seventeen yeah.
Speaker 3: The last one was do you like go in a different bedroom every single night?
Speaker 1: We stayed in the same one. But I didn't even explored the whole thing. I didn't even get time to because it's like two different Like I think it's huge, five big swimming pools. It was amazing. Wow, fool had kitchen stuff there that cooked us breakfast. That was amazing.
Speaker 2: You were living the life of luxury. It is whilst in Bali.
Speaker 1: It was very good over there here.
Speaker 3: But did you get Barley belly? Actually before you continue, because I can't go to Barley without getting.
Speaker 2: A bit of Barley belly.
Speaker 1: I don't think I got Barley belly. So what I put chuck a story up on Instagram. Had so many people reply to me and tell me what they thought it was. But Tammy said, she reckons it was heat exhaustion. So like it was the second day, maybe the third day we were there and we went for this massive tin. I had a huge dinner and we we like went down to the movie room. That night, slept there and I just could not sleep, Like my stomach was like cramping up. I was like I was laying there like uncomfortably on this like coush. I was like, oh, I couldn't sleep. And the next morning I woke up and I was like, hey, like I feel really sick. I reckon, I've got Barley belly. She's like, if you've got Barlei belly, I've had it. Be for like you're vomiting NonStop, You're on the toilet NonStop, like you you you've seen to be okay in that respect. But then I was like, nah, nauseous, Yeah, really nauseous. I was like, fuck this, I'm going to tactically vomit. So I went absolutely let it rain in the toilet. Eight times. I reckon, just over and over again, and I felt, Okay, it's.
Speaker 3: Really nice hearing this on my my morning with my.
Speaker 2: Coffee, just hearing your project album. Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Sorry to everyone listening, but I am going into vivid detail. And then I was like I felt a little bit okay. Then I got the shakes, you know when you're like hot, and I was wearing like a long sleeve in balley and I was getting the shakes. Just kept my fluids up. When the doctor's got a couple of vitamins and I bounced back.
Speaker 3: Okay, definitely sounds like you had barley belly, because barley belly, like it can be really extreme, or it can be mild, or it can be medium, like it can go in different levels.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't drink any of the water every time I had.
Speaker 2: You have ice in your drinks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but isn't that normal?
Speaker 2: I know, did you have salad?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 2: Just think about it.
Speaker 3: Salad is the worst thing you can eat bali because they wash the lettuce with water and it stays on the lettuce leap true.
Speaker 1: As well, wouldn't they wash everything in water like fruit that you're about to eat, like what?
Speaker 3: They wouldn't wash chicken, They probably wouldn't wash pork.
Speaker 2: They probably wouldn't wash.
Speaker 1: They'd wash out the oysters though when they shuck them, do they wash out oysters?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know more about oysters than me because you went to an.
Speaker 1: Oyster far, you shuck it and then you wash it.
Speaker 3: You're eating oysters and bali. It's pretty brazen of you, pretty brave.
Speaker 1: That's probably what did it, probably as an oyster con So I heard a lot of people actually ask me, do you only like oysters because of Tammy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I ate oysters long before Tammy. It is a coincidence that we both love oysters. Clear the air on that one. So messages about it non soft, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, no, I like we've hit a little through your point from out here.
Speaker 3: It's kind of funny saying you like squirm like that, you like annoyed about.
Speaker 1: It, like I like os I did get a tattoo though he.
Speaker 2: Did let me see it. So it's is it a sun?
Speaker 1: That's not good? When someone asked what a tattoo is, Yeah, it's a sun. So obviously got the love heart on my other wrist, and I got the sun on this wrist. This is because my mum calls me Sunshine.
Speaker 2: It's so cute.
Speaker 1: It's for my mum. I got that on my wrist. Tammy got a flower on her ankle. But I did post a photo in a dump of a new tattoo that I had. But this tattoo isn't quite new.
Speaker 2: Given an Instagram dump because it just sounds like you're saying your taking.
Speaker 1: People are listening to this like vomiting, dumping. What's mat on about today? No? So yeah, an Instagram dump and it was one. I thought it was well hidden in there of my new tattoo that I've got above my where would you say it? Your hit bone, hip bone in the area of Tammy's name. So she got a while now she got.
Speaker 2: Matt when she was in LA.
Speaker 1: When she was in La, Yeah, that was actually really cute because because of the time difference. She told me. At the event she was going to, they had a tattoo artist and she was like, should I get your name, and I was like laughing, and I thought she was I thought she was joking. I was like, yeah, yeah, like if you want to have a little gag about it. And then I woke up to a photo of her, like or a video sorry, of her getting a tattoo that was cute, and I was like, what did you get and she was like your name and I was like really and then she's like, Noah, just joking, and then she sent me the photo of it. So I was like, you know, I can't have my girlfriends time walking around. So I got a tattoo that.
Speaker 2: Weekend, but you got it soon after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that weekend when I flew up to the Gold Coast, I was like, well, I've got to get your name on me now. But I did it a little bit differently, so I got her to write her name.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she wrote it and then the tatoo artists put it on me and then tattooed it. So that's her handwriting and her lover. Yeah, really cute.
Speaker 2: So you both have each other's names on you in.
Speaker 1: The same area, not on the same side. So if we stand next to each other.
Speaker 2: There on the same side together, Yeah, on the.
Speaker 1: Same site and he's cute. Yeah. I also was going to get another one in Bali that she was going to write, but it had two parts to it, and I need to wait to get the second half of it, so I'll let you know. And I couldn't. I didn't know where to put it. I was because it was cursive writing everywhere else putting it look quite feminine.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us what it is or is it a secret?
Speaker 1: It's not a secret, but I would like to get it done before I do. I might get the first half done and then the second half done after the time that it should be done.
Speaker 2: The wedding, Yeah, it's free. I was like, trying to be caught. Sounds like the wedding.
Speaker 1: Well, it's what we say to each It's the thing that we say to each other. She's going to write and then I'm going to write the date underneath.
Speaker 3: What did your mom say when you told her that you got the sunshine? Because I've heard your mom so many times she's like, hi, sunshine, it's like actually the.
Speaker 2: Cutest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Well, she's not a fan of tattoos, so she just was like thank you, love you or something.
Speaker 3: But when we went out to lunch with your mom. Remember I was like, we should get tattoos for your sixtieth and she was about it.
Speaker 2: Your mom was like, yep, let's do it really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh okay, I didn't. I've always thought she's against him, so I just was like I sent her. I said, hey, you got the sunshine for you, mum, and she was like, ah, thank you, sunshine, love you or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, bless her heart. Okay, so we've just heard about your Barley trip, but what we forgot to mention was that you guys went over there through Tammy's thirtieth. So do you want to talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: How did you spoil her? What did you get up to?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we were meant to be there for Tammy's actual thirtieth, so I had organized a bunch of things surprises for her on her thirtieth birthday, but that was the Monday, and then on the Saturday. So we left on the Sunday. The Saturday, the person organizing our trip said that her visa has been rejected because her passport expires while we're in Balley, so they didn't give her the visa. So we're so annoying, So like, oh my god, what do we do. It's so Saturday, we drive from the Gold coach to Brisbane. We apply for a new passport. They're like, we can't promise you. We've got the advance and they're like, we can't promise you when we're going to get it, but it doesn't look like it'll be flying tomorrow morning. So then we had to change out flight till later on in the week.
Speaker 2: So that's so annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So for her birthday on literally we got back from the passport opposit at four pm on Saturday. I had to quickly organize a bunch of things for the Monday. But who's open for that hour on a Saturday that I, you know, organized. So I had to quickly get to organize a cake for her. I wanted to handwrite happy Birthday on that, but that was very plan in BALI. I couldn't do that. To get all these balloons that she woke up to like at were present, all this sort of stuff. I had to organize it all quickly, but got there. Some of the stuff came during the day that the big bouquet of flowers came. I wanted to do it all at once, but like it's sort of lost it as I was doing it through the day, like as they're getting to live, like bringing out the cake like happy birthday, or bringing in the flowers, all that sort of stuff. But we eventually got up to Bali and we I did do all the same stuff. So we got a the same dinner, did all the nice stuff for her as well. Yeah, got a nice bracelet, has the am on it, all that sort of stuff. But she did stress to me though that bracelets aren't really her thing because she's so heavy handed, which I can confirm she's very heavy handed. Yeah, that bracelets somewhere in Bali. So somewhere finds it, please return to owner.
Speaker 3: It is really hard with fine bracelets, like I have lost so many because they just literally come off so easily.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean I don't really buy bracelets often, if not ever before, so I don't know what I'm looking for. I don't wear bracelets, so I wouldn't know exactly what to do. So Anna, though, tell us about your morning getting locked out. We touched on it briefly.
Speaker 3: So I've had a pretty stressful week, Like obviously the wedding is coming up very soon, like we leave actually a week today, so.
Speaker 2: I got snuck up and because you've been away, we are in the studio a lot. In this week. I have final dress sittings.
Speaker 3: I still haven't seen my wedding dress, both my wedding dresses, which is you haven't done the lastressing me out, No, but I'm going to do it after this so soon, like literally, I'm about to go see my wedding dress, which is exciting.
Speaker 2: There's just a.
Speaker 3: Lot of things to do and I feel like I wish this.
Speaker 2: Week wasn't so chaotic, but it is. Anyway.
Speaker 3: Michael was like to me this morning, Hey, you've been really stressed. I feel like we should go for like a twenty minute run. It's gonna make you feel better, you know, get the indorphins, gut.
Speaker 1: Common in itself, which stressed amore and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do it. Let's do it. Went for a run.
Speaker 3: We have two locks on our door, one of them because is a push in lock. So one of us has accidentally pushed in this lock without knowing and we got locked out of the house.
Speaker 1: So what you the dad bolt was the one that you unlock normally, was the push in one.
Speaker 3: The push in one and someone's pushed it in. Michael was like blaming me, and I was like, it definitely wasn't me. So we looked back on the cameras and I'm like on my phone working whilst we're walking out the house, and like it was definitely Michael. But okay, this is the annoying thing. So obviously I immediately.
Speaker 2: Called the locksmith.
Speaker 3: They're like, we can get out there in twenty minutes. It's a thirty five dollars call out fee, and then like we'll figure it out. But it starts from forty after that. So I'm thinking, you know, he'll be here in twenty minutes. It's gonna be seventy five dollars.
Speaker 2: We can do that.
Speaker 3: The guy after twenty minutes goes, hey, I'm gonna be forty five minutes. I was like ugh. And then once he did it literally took this guy, I'm not even kidding you, thirty seconds to un get the lock open.
Speaker 2: Three hundred and thirty dollars.
Speaker 1: Fuck, the easiest three hundred thirty dollars that guy's ever made. But then again, how scary like is it that they can just stick something in there and unlock a door so.
Speaker 2: Quickly, like it's so yeah. So anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Kind of put the fear of because I'm I don't know if I've told you this, but I'm so terrified of being broken into, so terrified.
Speaker 1: I remember when we stayed in somewhere and.
Speaker 2: We were in Sydney together, did you put trash can in front of your door?
Speaker 1: I I never locked a door at a hotel, considered it and.
Speaker 2: What no one's ever tried to enter, do you know.
Speaker 3: I was actually at a hotel in Sydney recently when I was there and one of the staff tried to open the door and I was like looking through the beet pole and the car was like trying to open the door, and he was like looking around like that. I swear to God, and I was like, oh my god, I'm gonna die.
Speaker 1: I don't know. This stuff doesn't scared me, Like.
Speaker 3: Someone trying to enter your room, yeah, Like I don't think they're going to.
Speaker 2: The fact that you don't lock a hotel.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't lock it. I mean I shouldn't say that. I just don't go out of my way to lock a door like that at a hotel room.
Speaker 2: You like living life on the edge us on me. You've got like a death wind.
Speaker 3: How many people die at hotels very quickly? I watch a lot of true crime, and a lot of bad stuff happens at hotels.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I should lock my door, put a trash can in front of it.
Speaker 2: Just a PSA to anyone listening, just.
Speaker 1: Mad across the hole, don't fall asleep till I do. What am I going to do from across the hole?
Speaker 3: But it's just like again, like I know that, like we're speaking a lot about violence against women at the moment in the news, and it's just that thing of like being afraid and not feeling like if I'm by myself, I feel like I'm a target always.
Speaker 2: The luxury that you have to.
Speaker 3: Feel like you couldn't lock a hotel door is blowing my mind right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that that would be a bit more like scarier for yourself. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean there's that thing going around at the moment, and it's like, so, if you're in a dark forest, would you prefer to be alone in a dark forest with a.
Speaker 2: Man or a bear?
Speaker 1: Probably a man.
Speaker 3: I'd prefer to be there with a bear, because men are terrifying unless it was a man that I knew.
Speaker 2: It was, like a miscellaneous guy. I'm like, fuck yeah.
Speaker 3: Because you think you can outsmart the bear. You think you could like hide, run up a tree.
Speaker 1: You can't out climb, you can't outrun, you can't outswim a bear.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You have to play dead and be fertile and let him toss you around and be first. Sorry, I was singing about the revenue. You've got it in the fetal position and let them Wow, I can tag any fertility things you know that just won't Okay, Well, this is a word of advice from Matt. If you're ever stuck in a forest with a bear, don't run, don't climb, don't swim, because you can't do any of that from a bear. You've got to get in the fetal position and let it throw you around until it gets bored with you.
Speaker 2: Do you're in the feetus position?
Speaker 1: What do I keep saying fetile?
Speaker 3: I think you're taking up a word between like fetus and fertile and your combined.
Speaker 1: Hin yourself into a ball, your head down and just don't breathe, don't move, and let the bear get bored.
Speaker 2: Of you, okay, Matt.
Speaker 3: We both have weddings coming up, and I posted a video on my social media talking about web shreads because I just have so much to say about this, but let's hear the video first. I'm getting married in two and a half weeks in Greece, and I'm sick of everyone asking me if I'm on a web shread. I know that society thinks that when you're getting married, you need to look your best, but I just do not believe in shredding for my wedding.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to tell you why. Ooja.
Speaker 3: Someone commented on one of my videos being like, ooh, you've put on a little bit of way you have a wedding coming up to incredibly rude. We have been taught never to come on people's weight, but it almost feels like when someone has a wedding coming up, all bets are off just for context. I'm basically just trying to live a healthy lifestyle like I always do. I had passed it for lunch today, but I also did a cycle class.
Speaker 2: Allan's is key.
Speaker 3: This is not just for the bride, like I feel like the guests feel an immense amount of pressure to be on the web tread when they have a wedding coming up because they want to look their best. How about stay healthy and stay consistent everything in moderation. I've never spoken about weight on here because it's very taboo, and I also feel like it's just unhelpful. It was in the modeling industry for over ten years, and it was definitely things that happened that made me really anxious and stressed out about my weight. I was told I needed to lose dress sizes, showed me pictures of me at a size six, eight, and ten, and then asked me which one I felt like I looked better, insinuating about I looked better as a size six. I was a model in Hong Kong. I literally was told to stand in a line with about fifty other models, and they looked at all of the models up and down, and then they picked the top three skinniest models to stay, and everyone else was told to leave. So trust me when I say I have enough trauma when it comes to eating. I'm now thirty two and I'm completely over that. Please be he really mindful of asking people if they're shredding for their wedding or if they're on a web tread because.
Speaker 2: It's so unhealthy and unnecessary.
Speaker 1: So are you on a web tread? You're sick?
Speaker 2: You're actually sick.
Speaker 3: No, But do you know what, I'm not trying to like shame people, because I think it is like people do ask that question a lot, Like a lot of people have asked that question.
Speaker 2: I actually feel bad.
Speaker 3: There was a part of me that felt bad posting that because I feel like everyone who's asking me that will be like upsie. It's like, I'm not offended by it, but it was getting in my head. And you know when like food and eating and stuff gets in your head, because we've both been in the modeling industry, and when someone's constantly talking about your weight and being on a diet and being healthy and like encouraging that, it really fucks with your brain chemistry and it fucks with your thoughts.
Speaker 1: And excuse you a very unhealthy relationship with food totally, totally.
Speaker 2: And I haven't felt that for a really long time.
Speaker 3: Like at the end of my modeling career, I was like a size ten model, so I wasn't even trying to be a size six or an eight, which I was in my younger days. I was like a full ten. So I was just like living a healthy lifestyle. But I feel like the psychology of people constantly asking me if I'm on a web tread is putting a lot of pressure on me. And it got to a point where I was like, I feel like I need to address this because it's actually so unhealthy for me, and I just want to make sure that, like, you know, it's this girl actually messaged me on Instagram being like, the reason why I didn't have a wedding was because I was worried that when I walked down the aisle, everyone was going to be critiquing my body, was going to be critiquing how I looked. If I didn't look my best, they were going to judge me. And for that reason alone, I didn't have my dream wedding. And it's like that is so sad because weddings are about really celebrating you and the love of your life, right, and there's this whole other societal pressure of like you have to look your best, and it just takes away from the love of what we should be celebrating. And I just wanted to like, really, you know, say something about it, because I don't. I have not really heard anyone talk about how unhealthy it is, at least on my social media. But I think there's a lot of people who watch from the sidelines to see if the bride loses weight, or to see how the bride's looking, or like analyzing what they're doing in the lead up to the wedding. And you know, I just think it's unhealthy.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't though in this day and age, people are actually like body shaming and like talk, you know, like like come on, I surely we're past that.
Speaker 3: I think it's unconscious though, Like I don't think people actually mean it. Like I don't think people are out there in this like being malicious. I think that we all have just grown up in a society where it's like you have to look your best on your wedding day. I also thought I was gonna get married at like twenty five, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm seven years older. Like things are different now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And it's just like you don't want to put that pressure onto people. So I just wanted to make that, make a point of that. But for you, as a groom to be, do you feel any sort of pressure?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say from the actual for the wedding side of things, I'd say more just like from like I've seen people comment and like different things about the way my body's looking. It's not what it once was. I mean, I'm nearly thirty now, so my metabolism sow down at fair beer, so I feel the pressure that way, and I sort of want to lose weight, and I feel that like, yeah, it's a little bit insecure about it.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I do know that. Yeah, especially I saw like some comments coming back from Bali about that. So what do people say just saying that I put on way all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: It's completely fucked.
Speaker 3: I mean it's interesting as well, because I feel like, you know, like I said in the video, like it's off limits to talk about way, But I feel like for females maybe, like do people also feel like they have free rate to talk about a guy's way.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Like, look, I don't know, Like I just think that, like I don't want like a sob me story like all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: It's not it's like your feelings are valid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think that, Like I just don't spread hate like we say it all the time. Like I could never imagine commenting on someone in the way.
Speaker 2: They look, and I think you have.
Speaker 3: Like we've both spoken about this privately. We've never really wanted to talk about food and eat because it is unhealthy and it is a bit toxic and it does kind of stick with people like these types of conversations, so we want to be really careful around this. But I mean, we both were in the modeling industry for.
Speaker 1: How long, Like I did nearly ten years ago.
Speaker 3: I did ten, and we both had major insecurities.
Speaker 1: When I got signed, I lost like twenty five kilos because they asked you to. And then they would always tell me as well that my shoulders were too, like couldn't fit in any clothes. And I was like, I haven't lifted away with my shoulders in like two and a half years, three years. I was like, that's just my natural building my shoulder, like when I'm meant to do remove my bone, you know what i mean. Like they would pound me about that, like pound me yeah, And I was like, that's just the way my shoulders are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I first got signed, I was seventeen, and a body at seventeen is very different to a body at twenty five and to constantly be reminded of the photos of me when I was seventeen, and to compare them to me at size eight and ten was the most toxic thing. I genuinely think I look better as a size ten anyway. I think like people look better with curves.
Speaker 1: I don't think like, yeah, you're saying that when you quit your size ten. I struggle to see the difference in what they're even talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but anyway, aside from our modeling careers, this is about my wedding, and this is about my love for Michael, and your wedding will be about your love for Tammy. And we don't want the narrative to be focused on weight and how we're looking, because it's about the love.
Speaker 1: And our love for food.
Speaker 2: Pizza.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, that's all we have time for today. It was so nice being in the studio with you today. Matt. This is the first up to date record we've done since you've been in Bali.
Speaker 1: It's been a while, hasn't it. And we always say that it's been a while since through in the studio. We just got so much on at the moment.
Speaker 3: I know, well, I jet off to my wedding next week, but we have so many exciting episodes that we are doing it. We've got you covered, so don't worry. There will be an episode every single week when we are away at my wedding. But until next time, Bye bye,