Speaker 1: I've definitely dated my fair share of douchebags. My time.
Speaker 2: Let's get tingling, healing.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm spiraling.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, tell us everything flame emojis, slept right and center.
Speaker 1: Matt loves a bit of God and I.
Speaker 2: Need to text you back.
Speaker 1: I really need you with that. I know I'm jealous. I'm the most jealous person ever.
Speaker 2: Relationships like a fart. If you have to force it, it's probably shiit.
Speaker 1: Hisity dot Com for you. I'll be a bloody single and alone with ten cats for the rest of my life. Lie. Hey guys, it's Anna and Matt and welcome to our Love Island season three recaps.
Speaker 2: Where we'll be unpacking all the villa action and keeping you up to date on all the drama.
Speaker 1: Things are about to get very juicy in here. Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Okay, so this has been a massive start to the week. Anna Cassa Moore has come to an end with a massive explosive recoupling.
Speaker 1: Wow. We always knew this is going to be a big one. I have been absolutely waiting all weekend for this episode to drop, and it definitely didn't disappoint. We've started the episode with Lexi and Ben going on a date and Courtney and Noah going on a date Matt.
Speaker 2: They were very cute Ben, obviously, he said some nice things to Lexi, saying he doesn't want to rush her, let her make up her own mind, so taking her on a date, it really showed that he couldn't further that connection with her. But what stood out for me was Noah saying that he's never had a strawberry.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting to talk about me. Yeah, what the fuck? And Courtney it was like two people like trying an oyster for the first time, but it was a strawberry. It was like a staple food. I was like, how I have these two people not eating a strawberry.
Speaker 2: Well, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm on the Love Iron fan page and someone pointed out that Courtney has had a strawberry on another date on the show.
Speaker 1: I think Courtney just dislikes strawberries, and Noah hadn't had a strawberry, but it was just a really strange scene, Like I was like, what.
Speaker 2: They love chucking those scenes in, don't there?
Speaker 1: And then both Villa's got a text Matt and the text said that tonight they have to stick or twist and either duds who do not couple up will be dumped from the island.
Speaker 2: So massive text for everyone.
Speaker 1: You see everyone feeling really insecure.
Speaker 2: Even people that are in very very strong relationships, started feeling secure because you don't know what's happening on the other end. You don't know, you've only known these people briefly, Like feelings are very strong, but you don't know what they're thinking, so you could see it they were stressing out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think it's easy for a viewer because we know what's going on, Like we see that Mitch and Tina are both being loyal to one another, but putting yourself into that situation and being totally in the dark, those questions and queries about that person and doubts start to creep in. I mean, we saw Tina crying in the shower, which was heartbreaking, and yeah, they were all very worried.
Speaker 2: All right, So we started off with the recoupling. They opened up with Taku whether he picked a girl or if he hasn't, he will get dumped from the villa. Made it completely dramatic for everyone.
Speaker 1: He picked Mikhayla. In the end, everyone seemed super happy for him, and to be honest, they looked nice together. Is there something more there? We're not sure, but time will tell you.
Speaker 2: You have to wait and find out. Then Aaron came out for Jess Ran gave her a big hug, classic love iron moment.
Speaker 1: Everyone loves that feel good moment. I was so happy for them. They looked genuinely happy to see each other. We then had Zoe and Chris and they were reunited.
Speaker 2: Okay, I loved Hans for abyss, but give it a rest, I reckon.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was interesting because Zoe was quick to start talking to Hans or Chris's character Hans again, but she knew that he had been talking to other girls with the Hans boy, So I don't know if I would have been straight onto that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, who came out next?
Speaker 1: Then we saw Lexi.
Speaker 2: She said this was the big, big story of this episode, wasn't it whether she was gonna stick with Ryan or twist with Benny boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we saw her say me and Ben aren't connecting as much as I'd hoped. But I don't want to go back to Ryan and get treated like dirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, not from Lexi's point of view, but from Ben's point of view. Does he really want to be with someone that's so hung up on their ex?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think essentially she just hasn't had closure, and I think Ben's probably open to seeing where it goes once she's had that closure.
Speaker 2: And maybe he's just a rebound and that be pretty shit for Ben.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I know Ben's your friend, but we care about Lexi. We need to get back onto that. Her speech was heartbreaking, and you know what, the way she delivered it was so concise, so incredibly powerful as a woman. When I was watching, I was like, yes, girl, stay strong, girl power. Fuck Ryan. My heart broke for her.
Speaker 2: So she picks Ben and then we have to wait to see who If Ryan has stuck or twisted, we all know what he was going to do. He picks Taylor. He did, look he's Whatever the fuck he said was such a fuck.
Speaker 1: There was a cop out, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I was baffled. What did he say, you're too young or something or too, something.
Speaker 1: He's making excuses to try and cover up as bad behavior, and honestly, it just doesn't fly. It was a really awkward moment. I did feel for Taylor. She seems super sweet, but all of us Australia are just looking at her like the other woman. So any girl who's ever been cheated on, Taylor is now the face of that. And I feel for her because you know it's not her fault. She wanted to get into the villa. She's obviously applied for Love Island. She wants to have a chance. Ryan's the guy that's taking her into the villain. She kind of has to roll with it, and who knows what's gonna happen with them. I personally wouldn't trust Ryan as far as they can throw him, so I guess we'll see how that up.
Speaker 2: Maybe Taylor the next bomb that walks in, Taylor might turn her.
Speaker 1: Head for him, hopefully, and then Ryan can get a taste of his own medicine, because nothing beats a good calmer slap in the face.
Speaker 2: She's true. And the next we have who I think is the red hot favorites. Tina and Mitch have their cute little moment when they reunite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had Tina and Mitch come in. They had a beautiful moment. To be honest. When Cassa are More started, they were my favorites, but for some unknown reason, I just feel like Aaron and Jet are my favorites now.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I love the little blonde bombshell couple. I just think like they're so genuine and cute and I personally would love for them to win. I think Tina and Mitch on my second at the moment, but anything's possible and anything can change.
Speaker 2: Okay. And then we finish off with Courtney picking Noah. Noah Okay, so cute Europe about them? You like him, don't you?
Speaker 1: I love Noah. I think he's a great guy. I never really warmed to Courtney until her and Noah were kind of vibing one another. And yeah, I was really happy that she chose him. I mean, she made it pretty clear that Nick done the wrong thing and that was the reason why she went for Noah. But it felt like there was more there and that's why she chose him. It wasn't just like I'm choosing you because I'm gonna get kicked out of the villa if I don't.
Speaker 2: But Nick came out single and ready to recup with Courtney, which was a bomb. Was a massive bomb. Hue did not see that coming, but neither did Courtney and her reaction. Wow, it was something different, wasn't it. And I felt so bad for Noah as she was full wigging out and like, yeah, it was really it was really weird.
Speaker 1: It was uncomfortable to watch. I felt really bad for Noah. She basically did a one eighty within three seconds of him walking in. And I think it's pretty clear as an audience member of the show to realize that maybe Courtney was playing more strategically with Noah and maybe her heart does kind of lie with Nick, but she kind of just thought that he was fucking her over. But let's jump into that in the next episode, all.
Speaker 2: Right, And so on this episode, a couple goes exclusive, Courtney and Lexi have zero connections, and the Truth Bike and the Hideaway make their return.
Speaker 1: Guys, there's so much to unpack in this episode. I know I always say that, but wow, this was a big episode, jam packed. We start by seeing Aaron and Jess, Mitch and Tina all loved up, looking super cute. We see Courtney getting a very upset over Nick. Matt, what was your thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: So dramatic? That breakdown was so confronting. I actually felt really bad for Noah having to sit there while he's new misso I guess he's breaking down over her ex. That's not somewhere you want to be, trust me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he was saying he was feeling super awkward. He actually said, I feel pretty shit, and I just feel like Noah's so sweet. He put in so much effort, and like even if Nick like is saying all the right things now, like he wasn't at the time. He was unsure, Like go with the guy who you know sweeps you off your feet from the beginning, not the one who realizes that they like you because they've seen you kissing other guys. It's like, surely that's not love.
Speaker 2: Don't lose what you have over something that's not there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, when we saw Nick crying, I know he did look in the mirror and cry.
Speaker 2: That was so funny when he checks himself out while crying and then he says, some dramatic invite me to the wedding. I was kissing myself at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, I do hear what you're saying, and I do think he played it wrong. Did I have a little bit of respect for him for leaving because of that? Like yes and no? Like yes, because I'm kind of like, you know, you obviously really liked Corney and it's nice that you've taken a stand about that, and potentially, if things don't work out for her in the villa, you guys might end up together, So this could be for the greater good. But it's only hung out for three days, like you came in here because of like four a love Island experience, and like he's just letting it go so easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, with that, Courtney, I reckon that Nick's actions speak outer than words, and his actions weren't too true.
Speaker 1: I mean, the guy basically had a boy's holiday, kiss every girl you could fucking get his hands on, and then was like, oh, I think I got a good thing back at home, literally.
Speaker 2: Did what every fuck boy does, but got caught on national television for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean the thing about that as well, is like, you know how the whole cassa more thing and everyone's like, oh, you can trust them they're loyal. I'm like, no, they're just not an idiot. Like, it doesn't mean that they're loyal. It just means that they're smart enough to realize they're on camera. Okay, let's move on to Ryan and Lexi. They had a chat.
Speaker 2: Matt right, I found it painful what Ryan was saying. Oh my god, one of those times it was like, just shut up. Yeah, while you're ahead.
Speaker 1: Digging yourself a hole. Ryan is on this bandwagon about how Lexi's supermature, there's an age different. It's just excuse after excuse after excuse, and it's not doing him any favors.
Speaker 2: He looks like an absolute flog doing that.
Speaker 1: He also said that he thinks that Lexi should have gone home and that she's staying around for him, and then he goes on to say, I can't please everyone all the time. I'm not fucking god. God, he's come across bad in these few episodes recently.
Speaker 2: I know, and it's to his own fault. Like he keeps, like we said, digging himself into a hole. And it's like, just stop talking, man. Like I feel like when I'm doing that, I want someone to tell me to stop talking. So he's my chance to stop talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, the thing I really like about Taylor is she's such a nice girl. She actually takes Lexi and clears the air with her. They have a really nice chat, and you know, I really really respect Taylor.
Speaker 2: I like Taylor as well. I think she's a good girl and she should not walk but run away from Rome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully she smartens up.
Speaker 2: Hopefully a bomb comes in for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we would love to see find love, just as long as it's not Ryan. Let's talk about the other couples quickly, Matt. I think Zoey increased with dark horses to win this year.
Speaker 2: I can agree with that, but I don't have much emotional investment in that couple. I'm not gonna lie. Yeah, I'm more into Mitch and Tina. Yeah, but I can see what you mean a lot. I think a lot of people are backing them because they are very cute together.
Speaker 1: What about Taku and Mikayla. They're seeming a bit cuter they.
Speaker 2: Are, and yeah, again, not much emotional investment in them. I mean, they're cute, but it's early days. Let's see how either one of them go. Let's hope she's not using him to get into the villa, and he's just not using her through convenience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we need to talk about Lexi and Ben. I know this is painful for you, Matt, because you are Ben's friend and you are his number one supporter, But.
Speaker 2: I straight off the thing, number one support, our best mate, whatever you want to say. I feel like he had a right to be mad at Lexie. I feel like you don't give someone nothing that you're trying to get to know, like I just and putting him in this position where he feels uncomfortable in this environment that is meant to make you feel uncomfortable, and she's just adding onto it by playing with his mind by not giving him anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, look, it is a hard environment. It's stressful, and you do need that support. He's come in there, you know, he's basically by himself. He came in with Noah. I think he's under immense stress. But Lexi got to know him on the first day and then she kind of made it clear that her head was not in the right spot, and he seemed to understand that. And the problem is is that in this episode we see Noah being really understanding of Courtney being confused and very just let go with the flow. And then Ben's on the opposite end of the spectrum and he actually says to Lexi, you're like talking to a brick wall, and I'm sure it is. I think Lexi's super closed off and that's super hard for him to deal with. She's put her Yeah, but it did come across not great from him.
Speaker 2: Well I can see that, but again the emotions are running high and there he's probably just said it the wrong way and can't get angry at him for that.
Speaker 1: We then see Lexi moving beds and she decides to sleep alone and a paul Lexi has to endure Ryan and Taylor kissing loudly and she says, fucking asshole. I'm really feeling for her, all right.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of Ryan just being I guess not the smartest or the sharpest tool in the shed. How about his discussion about geography.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, it was honestly, I didn't know if he was being serious or not. I thought at one point that he was like taking the piss to see if she would believe what he was saying. But he was deadly serious. What he said was so he basically tried to explain Asia to Taylor and said, Bali Singapore and stuff is Indonesia, Thailand and stuff is Asia, And my god, was that funny to watch, Like it's the blind leading the blind. They both need to go back and take a few geography classes because if you can believe that, like that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Fuck. They do love chucking that stuff in the show though, when people say dumb stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then Matt, we have a really amazing moment with Aaron and Ja. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they go exclusive. Talk me through this, Anna, because I was under the impression they're already exclusive, Like they're not, you know what I mean, They're not turning their heads for anyone. But apparently you have to put it in words now.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think that when you're seeing someone, you have to have that chat with them to make sure that you're both on the same page, Like no one's reading each other's minds. You can't think that you're exclusive. And then they're going sleeping around with other people and I guess you can't do that in Love Island, but yeah, a Moore has solidified that for them. But let's talk about the truth. Bike shall we.
Speaker 2: All right, So the Truth Bike makes its dreaded return. You see the Islanders start trying to throw it away and kick it. We know the rules of the truth Bike you sit on that you must tell the truth you're legally bound to. All right, So what do your standout moments about the truth Bike?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we have Mitch says that Tina could be his first every girlfriend, which is big news in the villain massive Taylor is hesitant that Ryan is trustworthy, and I think she has good reason for that.
Speaker 2: No shit, Taylor.
Speaker 1: Then we see Ben say he would have preferred to leave then stay on a friendship basis, which, come on, I think he should be grateful that he's in there and trying to start making connections with other things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, Ben loveyard, but everyone says that no one means it. Everyone would father stay than get kicked helf.
Speaker 1: We then see Ryan getting grilled he thinks that he could win the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ryan, you're gonna listen to this and you're gonna watch it back, and you're gonna realize there's zero chance with the edit you've been given, brother and the way you've been acting. So you're gonna regret saying that.
Speaker 1: It's slimmed none chances of you winning? Sorry, right?
Speaker 2: And who are you finishing with Taylor? I'm assuming she's turning her head as soon as she came.
Speaker 1: That was my only stand up moments for the truth back. But I have to talk about this with Courtney talking to Ryan about Taylor, because I really felt like she really trampled on girl code a bit here and I really didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Is this about the natural comment from Ryan?
Speaker 1: It is so Ryan says, I really like Taylor. You know, she's just that natural looking girl. And look, I think Taylor is a naturally beautiful.
Speaker 2: I stalked her Instagram the other day. I thought she is quite she's quite good looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I feel like it's an insecurity of Courtney's that she feels like she has to put other women down. I just hated seeing it when she goes we think Taylor is natural, she has fake boobs, fake lips and botox. It's like, we don't need to say that, we should be empowering you. I just hated hearing that from her.
Speaker 2: That's ship formed by Courtney.
Speaker 1: And then we finished the episode with Aaron and Jess heading to the Hideaway and it looks like it's getting pretty steamy in there. So let's jump into the next episode, okay, Matt. In this episode, we see Lesie being extremely rude to Ben, the Islanders playing shaken and stirred and that really rolls some of them up, and Aaron and Jess have a very big fight over a nip slip.
Speaker 2: All right, So we start off with Mitch and Tina looking very cute. They look like they're fully into the honeymoon stage. What's your opinion on them?
Speaker 1: Anna, Look, there was a point where I was so on board with them to win. I think because they were separated over the cast a more time, that really crucial phase where the auto means we're going to connect with them. We kind of missed out on that, and I feel like, I don't know if it's that we need to see more of them. I just don't feel as connected to them as I once did.
Speaker 2: So I said in the last episode I was about them to win. I just feel like they're getting set up now by the producers and the editing to be the fan favorite and the favorites to.
Speaker 1: Win and the winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so obvious now, so don't be tricked in by that. Every I'm listening to this, it's getting way too obvious.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about Lexi because obviously Lexi is very upset in that. But in our last recap, I talked about how Ben was kind of a bit upset and a bit rude to her, and I wasn't really liking it. But now I've done a full one eighty, I feel like Lexi has been so rude to Ben. She's fully taking her anger out on him. We're seeing him. He's not really being rude back. He's kind of just taking it on the chin. And I'm starting to feel really bad for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I agree with you, Lexi is just being petty. Now. She just she sort of needs to drop it and like let Ben and just drop the whole situation. Ben seems like he's tapped out. Yeah, he's not interested anymore.
Speaker 1: And I think it's just like, I hate to say it, but it could just be like an age thing in dating, where like you feel like you have to be rude to someone so they don't like you. But really all she has to do is go, look, I've been really fucked over by Ryan. My head's fucked Unfortunately, there's nothing there between us, but I think we could still be really good friends and then just finish it on a nice note. There's no point in being petty towards one another.
Speaker 2: It's hard to watch, it is, It's very hard to watch as a viewer.
Speaker 1: We then see Taylor really questioning and doubting Ryan.
Speaker 2: I couldn't understand why.
Speaker 1: Karma's a bitch, because you know what, Ryan deserves this, Like Taylor start saying that she's not obsessed with him. Normally when she likes guys, she gets obsessed over them. And you know, I don't really know why anyone would be obsessive Ryan, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, Ryan is copying this on this recaps, but he's done it to himself.
Speaker 1: He has done it to himself.
Speaker 2: All right. So next up is the Shaken and Stirred game, and we know firsthand how much drama this game causes, don't we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Ryan is coming across like a Grade A a whole.
Speaker 2: The producers have gone straight out for him, haven't they. They've put all everything down that he said over the last six weeks in the villa and they're calling him out on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, look, I think he's done it to himself. We start off the game seeing him say about Lexi, I don't think she's that good looking. And look, we get it. You say things about your fellow Islanders and you're like, oh, probably shouldn't have said that. Where he went wrong is he didn't own it and apologize. He goes, at least I'm honest and honestly that was his biggest downfall, Like you should never comment on a girl's appearance.
Speaker 2: You're right, Look the comment might have been taken out of context, but still own it, apologize and just think before you speak. Ryan, for fuck sake, men, Like it's getting hard to watch.
Speaker 1: Like. He then goes on and says, which I think in his own mind he was trying to make up for it, and says, your personality makes up for it.
Speaker 2: I have no comments on this, Like it's just like, stop talking, stop trying and justify it, like you're just digging yourself deeper, Like.
Speaker 1: Just to clarify, Lexi is absolutely stunningly gorgeous, to the point that Ryan's head was actually turned and for him to now start to try and tear her confidence apart. I don't like it, I don't respect it, and I really hope that Ryan's going to be leaving soon.
Speaker 2: Yes, make it a lot easier for us to watch this.
Speaker 1: We then see Alexi and Ryan have a chat about this game, because you know, it was the ultimate disrespect. What were your thoughts on their conversation.
Speaker 2: Matt, I feel like that Lexi probably shouldn't have just bothered with Ryan, like you're not goin Yeah, what's the point You're not going to get anywhere with him? I guess you just wanted a peace of mind about what it said, and probably was told by the producers to have that chat. But look, and I keep saying it, he just needs to think before he speaks and actually and try and make up and apologize to Lexi. But I don't think we're going to see that.
Speaker 1: No. We then have the post it game where everyone's twerking off what is it? Sticky notes on their butt?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was cringe.
Speaker 1: I was just like, what is the point of this game? But the producers did get some TV gold with the Jess and Aaron fight. Matt.
Speaker 2: Okay, So again I could not watch this fight. I was pulling my hair out. It was toxic, and it.
Speaker 1: Was the epitome of toxic like, I feel like people should watch this segment and able to pick out all of the toxic parts that could have been done differently, like this, it should be educational.
Speaker 2: It should be I kept saying Aaron, and I don't think this would have even worked. I honestly don't think this would have worked with Jess. But he needed to acknowledge her feelings and say I understand you feel that way. He did, but like be more clear. That's how I was, just like, like, I understand you feel this way, but it wasn't my intention. I never meant for that to happen. And then you'd hope, in a sane world, that irrational world, tr I say that, then Jess would be like, yeah, okay, like it is what it is. But it didn't. It just kept going. And I've been in those arguments and those situations, and it was hard for me to watch someone else go through it because I knew what was going through his mind.
Speaker 1: I personally, Matt feel like he acknowledged her feelings. He thought it was a joke because it was such a minuscule thing, like he genuinely, I've watched it back and back, and I think he was just genuinely staring into space and probably thinking about something like, yeah, he looked mildly angry, but I don't think he was even looking or acknowledging Jess like he was in his own planet.
Speaker 2: And he probably even did that little face that she thought he did, maybe because he was like, oh, like sort of angry or embarrassed for her, and it wasn't even what she thought. It might have been the other way around.
Speaker 1: I genuinely don't even think that he was reacting to that. I think that he was literally like his head was somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Off with the fairies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, off with the fairies. And you know, it's so hard to watch that level of miscommunication occur, Like, I don't think it needed to go that far. But look, we're hoping that they can resolve it in the next episode. Let's jump in, all.
Speaker 2: Right, And so on this episode, they drop a new bomb into the villa. Taylor finally friend zones Ryan and Jess and Aaron cannot resolve the issues of the infamous nip slip h O.
Speaker 1: Came at, so Taylor finally puts Ryan in the friend zone. We see her talking to Haku and Mikayla a lot about this. She's just really not vibing him, and she tells him she thinks that they should just be friends, and Ryan looks pretty shocked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that gave his ego a little bit of a rattling.
Speaker 1: I think it needed to be checked, and hopefully we're gonna see a nicer side of Ryan meaning.
Speaker 2: Forward, and hopefully Taylor has a little crack at Ben. Ben's floating around single.
Speaker 1: They seem to be flirting a little bit, which is nice to see.
Speaker 2: Think.
Speaker 1: We then see Jess and Aaron. Oh my god, it's they're going round in circles.
Speaker 2: They are literally the definition of spiraling. I think Jess needs to remove herself from the situation and realize that it's not as bad as she thinks. But that's easier said than done. In the environment of the villa.
Speaker 1: It's just hard to watch, Like I feel like she's holding onto something that's literally nothing. So it's kind of like, in my mind, after watching the whole episode and seeing fight after fight after fight that just absolutely cannot be resolved, it just makes me think like has just been a bit flaky on Aaron, Like, let's go back to the start she started on Aaron got sick of him, went to Taku, got sick of him, went back to Aaron. Then she was single in Kassa was missing Aaron. And then has she come back and been like, hmm, I'm not really keen. I'm going to start a fight and like end it through that. Like that's very toxic.
Speaker 2: About to say, if this is going where you're going, this is toxic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is how some people break up with people because I just feel like he can't do anything right, Like he can't. Aaron's probably the most emotionally mature guy in there.
Speaker 2: Doesn't have much competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like if he can't resolve this, every other guy's fucked.
Speaker 2: Imagine Ryan trying to solve this. Okay, So something I want to touch on is Taku and Mikayla are more than friends but less than exclusive. That was a step in the right direction. I feel for them too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think Taku was really that keen on her. But I mean they seem to be vibing. They're not getting a lot of airtime. I'd love to see more of them because I mean they look like super loved up, and you know, it would be nice to see that moving in the right direction.
Speaker 2: All right, so they drop on us a new bomb. His name is you. He's what the boys say, your quintessential Australian looking bloke. He has a mullet and a morow thoughts on him, Anna, would your head turn? Where's your head at? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think he's just like super manly, super masculine. He's what those girls are probably wanting a little bit more of, and I think he's delivering the goods. He takes Zoe out on a date, he takes Courtney out on a date, and he finally takes Lexi out on a date. Who do you think he's vibing?
Speaker 2: Okay, so a couple of things. Think Zoe was flirting way too much with him for someone that's eyes were on Chris. If I mean, I wouldn't I'd feel a little insecure if I was Chris and I knew that's how much she was flirting with him. Yeah, Courtney started the d like a fucking interview. I was like, calm down, she's actually, why are you taking me on a date? Looking dead in the eyes. And then with Lexi, I think that went well. So I think he's vibing with Lexi.
Speaker 1: Little thing that I was disappointed in was when Corney said she was open to getting to know other people, because I just feel like Noah has been so good to her. You know, he cares about how she's feeling, he wants her to be happy. He's putting her feelings above his, and I just don't think that she's really reciprocating that. I think that Corney still has a thing for Nick. I don't think she's fully over that. And you know, I think it's turning into a bit of the nice guy syndrome where she isn't respecting him enough because he's been too nice to her, and we saw how much she was yearning after Nick. He was, I mean, let's be straight about it, being a bit of an asshole to her.
Speaker 2: Okay, so new guy. My first thing was that pissed me off. I was like, what the fuck? He said, where's your headspace at acasa? It's not hard man, it's wears your head at Like, it's not that hard man. Come on.
Speaker 1: Look, I think he did really come across well. And by the end of the episode we see him pick Lexi. So Ben is left single and dumped Matt.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Ben getting dumped. That was a bittersweet for me. I hate to see him go. I think he really did not get much of a chance seeing there. He'd come in a little bit earlier, a little bit differently, I think he would have really sole in the hearts of Australia, like he's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Ben didn't really get a fair opportunity. You know, he was, I guess in there to take Lexi's mind off Ryan, and like, you know, no one wants to be that person, like you don't want to be someone's rebound or someone's getting over than that. He went in to find love and was sad for him that he didn't find love. But let's talk about Jess and Aaron, because before this dumping, they have a chat at the fire and Aaron says that he just feels like it's a lost cause, like there's nothing that he can do right. Everything he says, Jess is dissecting his words. Honestly, my heart is breaking for Ryan, like he made it exclusive a couple of episodes ago. He obviously really liked her, and you just see him absolutely breaking down. So when Ben gets dumped, Aaron says that he needs to make an announcement.
Speaker 2: So he says that he is going to leave from the villa. It's a very emotional. We see everyone crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we see Mitch Tina. Everyone's getting very emotional for him. Aaron seems to have been a rock for everyone in there.
Speaker 2: Do you agree with this him leaving or do you think he should just break up with je I mean it would be hard to stay in there with Jess if you guys have broken off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I think that he's making the right call. He has tried on numerous occasions to resolve this with Jeff. She's dug her heels in. She's said multiple times that when a guy does one thing wrong, she struggles to get over it. And you know what, it's really immature. I don't think it's right to act like that, Like no one's perfect. If you genuinely want to be in a relationship with someone, there's gonna be things that people do that you don't like. And I love it. I love it that Aaron he's had conversation after conversation after conversation, realizes that this is unresolvable, and he makes a stand because I think Jess needs to know that you can't treat people like that. Mad.
Speaker 2: No, you can't, So Aaron, I agree with you leave the villa, go to Rais, getting afoll sprits and see what girls are sitting down there and Byron little.
Speaker 1: Side note on that section is when Aaron actually is telling the group that he's leaving, we see Jess say why are you doing this? And she looks pretty upset. What was your thoughts on.
Speaker 2: That, Jess? It's just I don't know, I'm so off her and like, and she can't see what she's doing makes it even worse, you know what I mean. She can't realize that she's pushed this bloke to literally breaking point, and she shook that now that he wants to leave because she's had enough. It's like one of those girls who wants to see how far they can push their guy and see how much she cares, and then they're shocked when they actually push him away. Do you know I've been in relationships like that? And then they just go, well, why are you acting like this? It's likely because you pushed me away by seeing how much you can test the waters and how much you can get away with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope Jess can really learn a lesson from this.
Speaker 2: She won't learn a lesson she might.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think we all evolve. It was hard to watch and my heart breaks for Ryan. As you know, he was my favorite islander in there, so I'm really sad to see him go. But we're going to see more of that unfold in the next episode, Matt. But that's all we have time for in this recap. Stay tuned for next week.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, bye guys.