Speaker 1: Go get you morning every day, Adelaid, Welcome to the Jody and Hazy podcasts.
Speaker 2: Here are some of our best bits. What the Fork? Welcome back, Welcome back to What the Fork.
Speaker 3: This was born out of the fact that there are no forks in any kitchen in any workplace in South Australia ever ever, mainly because Abby from the newsroom has stolen them all.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's a South Australian branch. Yeah, I'm not sure if you've ventured into other states.
Speaker 2: Have you?
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 4: Well, I lived in Queensland for four and a half years. Do you think they had any forks up there?
Speaker 2: For shortage as well?
Speaker 3: AnyWho? This can translate and reach out to all facets of our life, where you look at a situation you go, what the fork?
Speaker 2: What is that about?
Speaker 3: Let's do the supermarket edition. Oh I could start on the fact that I saw veggie Mite baked beans last night in the supermarket.
Speaker 2: Do you like baked beans?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure that I like the hamd ones the ham baked beans. They're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that as a flavor. Yeah, I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: It's it's a couple of savory items trying to form a bive of a combination. I just get to upset when it's a sweet and saving, like, oh, let's have a bit of a duo, and it's like, no, that's.
Speaker 2: Not going to work off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the sweet popcorn.
Speaker 2: I don't get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, popcorns not supposed to be sweet.
Speaker 2: Oh, caramel popcorns is quite delicious.
Speaker 5: Oh is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Will you do you boot? Yeah? And then caramel and then salts came together, and it's like, what's going on you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, salt camel's quite much. Any who, we digress. My real beef with the supermarkets is they put in the self serve checkouts to save money right on staff, we don't have to pay wages.
Speaker 2: That's fine, So.
Speaker 3: They're essentially getting customers to do the work by going through a self checkout, so much like my local supermarket. Now there's been times where there's been not one person on a checkout, so you're forced to go through the self checkout, which is fine, don't mind it. Liked playing shops as a kid, All good. However, when the bleeping thing doesn't work and every second item you hear.
Speaker 7: This unexpected item in bagging.
Speaker 3: Area, it's frustrating, isn't it, but for no apparent reason. Also like and then it's got oh, please seek assistance. And then half the time they're just wandering around like we are doing it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, the guys that are working there, because all they hear all day is just constant bang bang bang, So they're like half dead zombies.
Speaker 2: Like I'm on the edge. I'm on the edge, so I don't even bother them. What do you mean early in.
Speaker 1: Their transactions, I'll pick up my stuff and go to the next one. What do you mean, I pick up my stuff and then go on to the next.
Speaker 3: Oh, if that assistance needed thing comes up, you can't do that, then you just.
Speaker 2: Break expected item in bagging area.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, Well I'll take my business elsewhere to the next checkout. Meanwhile, the original one is like wigging out going it's it's almost blowing.
Speaker 6: Hang on.
Speaker 3: You've left that mess for someone else to contend with. Then, essentially like a bomb's gone off and you've gone, well, that's not my problem anymore, and you've gone to the next checkout.
Speaker 2: Move on. You've got to move on with these things for hazes life. They're just everywhere onto the next fire.
Speaker 3: Starting fires, not even realized his start a fire then and then.
Speaker 2: Just moved on. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Classic thirteen twenty four to ten plays Get involved.
Speaker 2: Also text on.
Speaker 3: Below nine one nine thoughts.
Speaker 2: On this what the fork in the supermarket?
Speaker 3: What don't you understand.
Speaker 1: Things that really take you over the edge? What about you news? You got the examples for us?
Speaker 4: My bugbear is people who pick up meat or anything cold or frozen and they're walking around. Obviously they've gone I don't want to get it, or it's too expensive or whatever, and they leave it on a shelf that's not a frozen or a cool shelf. Yeah, so you've got like meat sitting in where the biscuits are or frozen a bag of frozen chips, and they don't want it anymore, so they chuck it on the shelf with the coke.
Speaker 3: That's is that essentially stealing because you've ruined that article.
Speaker 4: Well, that's my bugbear is that we have so much food wastage, so it'd be a debbie down over. We have so much food wastage in the world, which causes like is one of the biggest contributors to emissions, and you know they're not going to be able to put that food back in the freezer.
Speaker 2: They're going to have to chuck it.
Speaker 3: What about those poor people? Though? That said, I'll just have four hundred grams of turkey, And then it was like twelve dollars and they're like, oh, I got afford.
Speaker 2: That happened to me the other day.
Speaker 4: And I got to the checkout and I was like, I don't need this anymore, so what need to do with it? I gave it to the lady at the checkout and she went and put it back to the deli.
Speaker 3: But then who's going to go to the deli and go I could have that lady's left over turkey.
Speaker 4: Thanks, well, no one's touched it or used it.
Speaker 2: Chuck it back in there. Just take it to the self served did.
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: Rick?
Speaker 8: What the fork? I hate it when they put their chocolate on special, but they take the snack off and hide it out the back.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: They take the snack.
Speaker 2: Off the snacktop.
Speaker 9: Any chocolate that's a good sella they hide it.
Speaker 8: They don't put it on special. They take the snack and the pat and mint and they keep it out of the back to the salespin. Are you after one day, what where's the snack chocolate?
Speaker 7: And she goes through your.
Speaker 8: Aunt's probably sold out already, I said, but I just thought you just put the stickers on.
Speaker 2: And what you say to that? She had no answer. Time to go to the front desk.
Speaker 9: Take that up.
Speaker 8: And you go to the front desk and she's too busy serving someone thirty bags of shopping in.
Speaker 2: The twelve roll back throw a widen section.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And all I could say to you is unexpected item in bagging area.
Speaker 8: And another thing is when you go there check out, you get your bag, you stand it, you put.
Speaker 6: It down, and says are you using your own bag?
Speaker 9: So you just pay for it?
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. It just went through fifteen cents unexpected.
Speaker 3: You're like, I paid the fifteen cents, shut up, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: And then there's too busy running around and the rolling states tying.
Speaker 6: And a boid everyone. You're gonna wait half an hour from the come and pay the bag off?
Speaker 2: Rick, Rick, it feels like you've been building up with this moment.
Speaker 8: Oh, I think the shopping market should be paying us awake.
Speaker 2: Totally get on the payroll casual stuff.
Speaker 3: Good on you, Rick, Well, he's triggered, Oh boy, okay, he's kind of steff.
Speaker 2: What you got for us? What the fork in the supermarket?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: So my local Coals have just gone and rearranged the whole store.
Speaker 7: And I've been going there for five.
Speaker 9: Years, and I'm like, where the hell is everything?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. That's the thing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: So I go to Coals at welland I know where absolutely everything is in its place. When I go to a different supermarket, yeah, completely lost and being in an idiotic mail that I am. I will refuse to ask people where the things actually are. I'll look for an extra twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you, oh god, well we're at at steph.
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 3: The other thing is the labels, like in the middle of the aisle never really seem to correctly reflect what is exactly in.
Speaker 9: There, or they don't like have labeled for the whole section in the aisle. Yes, you're going up and down.
Speaker 7: You're like, where is this?
Speaker 5: Oh man?
Speaker 3: And don't get me started on where to find the replacement for you so to stream. Oh my god, that's like a whole maze in itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't it. Jeez? A lot of angry customers out there.
Speaker 3: It is funny though, how you get to know where everything is and then you go to a different supermarket for example, like this makes no sense to me, and you wander around aimlessly and you nearly start crying.
Speaker 1: And the specific so of trying to look for something like I just need three triple A batteries. Being a bloke, you're looking for the sign, Why doesn't tell me specifically down this sile where the batteries are supermarkets like, we like to broaden our horizons just a little bit more than that.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Steph is in the running for the winter weekend escapes which will be drawn on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: Staff can still send us a Texas well I full nine y nine. If you're heading to the supermarkets today, well, happy.
Speaker 2: Shopping, you have a really good experience.
Speaker 3: I expect barking on.
Speaker 2: What the fork?
Speaker 1: I love this segment born from a small little frustration that you've had.
Speaker 2: Jokes, well, just.
Speaker 3: The fact that there's no forks in any workplace, kitchen in South Australia, indeed in Australia, indeed in the universe.
Speaker 2: Where do they go?
Speaker 3: It's a question we're all asked.
Speaker 2: He knows which planet did they end up on? Planet? Newsreader Abbey, Yes, what we discovered. That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: If you do have a what the Fork? If you if you're questioning something that's happening in your life, that you go, I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: What the Fork?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 3: Get in touch over to blow nine one nine nine or nine nine one nine. This is the What the Fork? Did?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 3: Too many ninth then none one nights? I did?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a right.
Speaker 3: Don't check your head at me.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Producer Zoe is in the studio because you would like to launch please What the Fork the Bedroom edition?
Speaker 5: What the Fork are people doing in their sleep? I think sleep habits is a huge one for what Fork. I was thinking of it the other night because my partner as he's falling asleep, like we'll twitch and flitch, and he if he's hugging me, it's like it's such a tight squeeze that jolts me awake as he's falling asleep, And what the fs are that you're a twitter?
Speaker 1: Yeahs like sometimes sometimes you twitch so hard yourself that awakes.
Speaker 5: It wakes you up, and he's aggressive about it, but then.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you see, he's coming off something.
Speaker 3: I'm also twitcher. But then I combine it with a weird little noise that I make when I'm falling asleep, and it's like a.
Speaker 1: I think I think what they're called was hiccups.
Speaker 3: I like, I'll jolt myself awake with a little twitch in a little.
Speaker 1: Isn't a kid cute when a dog does it?
Speaker 5: Not long after, I had complained about the fact that Alex twitches as he falls asleep. The next night, I went to bed in pajama shorts, a fool like a little sports bright thing, and a jumper like a hoodie, and I was really tired everywhere. I fell asleep, woke up the next morning feeling so refreshed, like threw my dinner off and went, oh my god, I'm starkers. I was completely nakedless. I just undressed myself in the night with absolutely no recollection of it whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And I thought, what the fuck? How do you know it was definitely you that I'm dressed?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in, all the doors are still locking, guarantee no one snuck in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my housemate was out. It was just me and I'd.
Speaker 3: Undressed right, and Alex wasn't there.
Speaker 5: Wasn't there, just stayed in my sleep. I'd gotten too hot. Obviously.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, while he was twitching, he could pass that off as him twitching and.
Speaker 2: Taking your clothes off.
Speaker 3: There's a.
Speaker 2: Very twitchy last night.
Speaker 3: That's the code between him. How you want to get twitchy?
Speaker 2: So I was like, just use your words, use your words. What are you trying to do. I'm trying to take.
Speaker 3: Close twenty four ten. Get involved. You weird sleep habits, we'd love to hear them. This morning. I can't believe I know it was.
Speaker 2: When I wake up.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to Simone.
Speaker 7: How are you? I'm good? How are you good?
Speaker 3: What the fork? What's going on with the sleep.
Speaker 2: In your house?
Speaker 8: It's not may it's my daughter. She doesn't hasn't done it for a while. But she gets up in her sleep and just goes and helps herself to the fridge. She'll get a piece of cheese out and actually cut cheese on the chopping board. I'll get up in the morning and the cheese is just there and a knife, and I'm like, what the fork? And then I asked her about it, and she goes, I don't know maybe it was May. I've caught her a couple of times, so I know it's her. But yeah, she eats in her sleep suit and walks all the way down to the kitchen.
Speaker 3: So simone when you catch her, she's just completely unaware of what's going on around her, and she's slice no idea.
Speaker 8: I say, what are you doing? And she's like what, huh?
Speaker 7: I don't know?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then was chopped back to bed like it never happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it too.
Speaker 8: What do you do with the knife in your sleep? You don't even know what you're doing. Please don't use knives. I can't stop there because she doesn't even know she's doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big one. I mean sometimes on Friday night, I'll, you know, all of a sudden be like, wow, I've just had a bees. What just happened?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I must have been sleepwalking?
Speaker 3: Oh, Cara, I was sleep walking, all right? That was completely out of my control. Let's go to Rachel. What the fork to sleep edition?
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 9: So I was in high school and I got up, got ready for school, got dressed, straight in my hair, walked out to the lounge room. Dad was up, and he said it's midnight, go back to bed. Woke up in the morning and I was all ready for school, ready to go, and I was.
Speaker 7: Like, what the what the fuck?
Speaker 3: The very nice but having said that, what a joy to wake up before school and go, oh my god, I'm already dressed. It needs to get ready exactly.
Speaker 9: Or ready to go.
Speaker 1: We know as well that if Jodie turns up hereod about five to six, she's sleep walking on sleep walking doing.
Speaker 2: At this time.
Speaker 3: You don't get heald of five or seven normally. What the what the fork.
Speaker 2: That's back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So just briefly to explain this segment, what the fork are Those every day little things that you look at in life, could be other humans, could be dogs, could be horses, whatever. But you go, what the fork? What the fork is happening?
Speaker 2: Here had horses? I don't know here we are what the horse has got to do with this segment.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is it could be absolutely anything. And so this is on the back of the fact that there are no forks in any workplace ever. So we were like, what the fork? But it can apply to anything. So please get in four nine nine one nine if you'd like to and give us a call in a moment thirteen twenty four ten, because this is the gym edition of What the Fork. And on the line, we've got a school holiday package. So that's a one hundred dollars reading cinema voucher and a two hundred dollars beach house voucher.
Speaker 2: Worth getting involved. Certainly is worth getting im. Okay.
Speaker 3: So I was at the gym this week mid morning, minding my own business as I do, just trying to get through a token workout to maintain some sort of semblance of fitness.
Speaker 1: Are you dedicating an entire spot this morning to try and tell everyone that you went to the gym.
Speaker 3: No, But it was what I saw next at my gym that I have never ever experienced in my whole entire existence of.
Speaker 2: Going to the gym.
Speaker 3: So a guy struts in, he's probably I don't know, eighteen nineteen, got like a fairly aggressive street kit on and next minute in the major thorough fair where people are like bang smack in the middle of the gym, he starts breakdancing.
Speaker 2: So when you say break dancing, what are we talking about? That thinking where they're like spin on their head and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like where they spin round on their back like a turtle. He's doing hands dance and doing the whole thing in the air.
Speaker 2: Where you going yeah, yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was so aggressive Andrew, those.
Speaker 2: Guys are unbelievable athletes.
Speaker 3: Well, so I was like explaining it to you and you were like, yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Good on him.
Speaker 3: But I sort of feel like, this guy's gone, I've got this real niche skill and it's too good to be doing just in my own launge troop. So you know where I'm going to take it. I'm going to take it to the gym.
Speaker 1: Got to take it to a public domain because there's no spots free and run them all the minute.
Speaker 3: No, it's typically right. The only thing that could have made this story better is if he had have brought his own cardboard and tractor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, the big cardboard square.
Speaker 3: Did you dabble in breakdancing with kid?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I think even as a kid, you look at it and you're like, wow, that just looks dangerous, particular when they genuinely spin on their head.
Speaker 3: That's what he was. He wasn't spinning on his head, but.
Speaker 1: I know that what you're talking about, where they sort of get their shoulders involved and they're spinning around like they're genuine athletes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he was.
Speaker 3: I have to say, and I feel weird saying this about a nineteen year old boy, but he was ripped like he was jacked.
Speaker 1: Finally he's getting the feedback that he deserves. This is why he goes to the gym to do it.
Speaker 2: God going off the tools.
Speaker 3: Third forty year old blonde women, I was whoo thirteen twenty four to ten, Please get involved in this?
Speaker 2: What the fork?
Speaker 7: What the fork?
Speaker 3: Have you seen at your jim that you've just gone? What is going on here? There's a lot of kick boxing and like shadow boxing. People do a lot of that as well.
Speaker 1: So that's interesting behavior when you're imitating other sports because you go there on the cardio, you get on the weights, but when you're doing other things, like if you're a goal umpire and you're just aggressively practicing your behind signal it's a real solid shoulder workout. Then you've got a mixed up to your left and you're right. Yeah, imagine David Rohaden.
Speaker 3: Doing that and that run where they do with the behind their backs and they just go, yeah, there's.
Speaker 1: A blake of my gym, who at least twice I reckon during a chess workout, that's taken your shirt off, and.
Speaker 2: Now to look at the the mirror. Oh no, thoughts on that?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thoughts on that. That's definitely me.
Speaker 1: There's only when I want one hundred percent know that there's no one else.
Speaker 2: In there, you will take your shirt.
Speaker 1: I did it one time. I did it one time and the bloke who owned the gym was like, hey, have a look at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got some vision of.
Speaker 3: Your Oh no, he got sprung, Katie, what have you seen at your gym?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 6: I'm going to throw myself under the bus here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I had just had a baby and decided I was going to start some gym classes. So it was rushing to get out the door one day to go to class. Got myself there, started the class and I felt something like sweeping along my bottom and I thought, oh, oh no, I've looked down and I've put my legings on inside out. Now this brand of Legans, the tag was not a tag. This tag was like a novel. It was like long, there was page to it, and it is sweeping me on my bottom. And I'm thinking I've got two choices here, right, stay in the class or run out in tears. Okay, I've decided to stay in the class. There were these two girls behind me in the class. Now, these girls had not just pushed a baby out of their body in the last four months, Okay, they were They had gone to the gym a fair bit. And one of them taps me on the shoulder and goes X years me legans.
Speaker 7: On inside out.
Speaker 6: Now, in my mind, in that split second, I've gone, you own this or you run out in tears, and I've gone I've got to own it. And I just turned around and went yeah, I know, and kept going on with the.
Speaker 2: Great vines exactly the look. I'm going for.
Speaker 3: Good on you, Katie. I love that you. And also Katie's tired, man, she's just had a baby. She's got no sleeper, it's been going on. Yeah, let's go to where we're going, John, Good morning, going good. What the fork happened in the gym?
Speaker 7: I was a p on a cruise ship and I had a lady in a full ball gown with a martini and high heels on the treadmill.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's really mixing it all up. Isn't it. It's a bit of fitness with a bit of downtime.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And then.
Speaker 9: She decided be called a throt in the the toilet.
Speaker 1: Very good, No, I can't remember the names. Were you giving you a Pete says to one of the girls from absolutely.
Speaker 3: Fabulous, I think, John, that's amazing Laura in the gym.
Speaker 7: So mine's not as wholesome as the other two. I do cross it, and I have done cross it for a few years, so I have seen stuck. But I'm going to mention the time that my best friend brought a new guy that she started seeing to the gym who hadn't done crossed it before. And basically she brought him on like a heavy deadlift day we were testing our three rms. Anyway, sure the details are necessary in this point. So he had gone to like where the weight belt sections are to find like the weight belt, yep, popped it on, went to lift. On his second rep. As he fully extended at the top, there was this beautiful assortment of diarrhea that had left his body. Yeah, on the back of the leg and it dropped on the platform.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 7: Felt the worst salkenhead, embarrassed. I mean, yeah, it's common that girls and sometimes.
Speaker 3: A little bit of wheat.
Speaker 7: Yes, you know, like if you're a girl, you can totally relate to that. Finally, yeah, this poor guy anyways, he did not coming back to the gym for the second time. And as I mentioned, I definitely think it's all about the community in this case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God being welcoming, you know. And so after that happened, everyone stood back and went, oh my god, Andrew Hayes's struck again.
Speaker 2: The rest possible die? Lauren Crossby, is you guys push too hard? Calm down?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, well we definitely braced too hard, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, I just I love it how how many times you can relate with Katie, Because how many times you've been come.
Speaker 2: In here with.
Speaker 1: Your shirt on the wrong way, your pants on your head. Time he came in and you had a shoe on your ear, You're like, I've just got change in the dark.