Speaker 1: Wait, gentlemen, welcome to the late Places.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the show. I'm Liz Storian. I'm so glad you're here joining me this evening is mister kel Richards and Joe Hildebrand, so you know you're in for a good time.
Speaker 3: Rime contributor contributors here payable.
Speaker 2: Coming up in the papers tonight, a Victorian Council has decided that they are going to embrace Australia Day again. Miracles do happen, ladies and gentlemen, and Australia's most senior public servant defending the fact that under Labor they've added thirty six thousand places to the public servant in less than four years. You'll laugh out loud when you hear his justification for this, and last, but not least, a crocodile has been found in a laundry in the Northern Territory, because you know it's the Northern Territory. But first, tonight we know that Labour's obsession with net zero means that they will justify anything in the name of cutting down emissions, you name it, They're on the case. And today we discover that this also extends to our health sector. Yes, we're told that healthcare accounts for roughly five percent of global emissions, with most major developed countries committing to decarbonizing the sector. The details remain scarce as to how you'd pull this off, of course, because how on earth are you going to decarbonize a sector on which people rely literally not only for their quality of life but to keep living well. That's not stopping the labor government. We read in the Daily Telegraph today the alben Easy government has committed to releasing a healthcare system decarbonization roadmap in twenty twenty five, but researchers have warned there are potentially hidden costs right through the healthcare supply chain. Yes, we can imagine so. According to analysis by the Menzies Research Center, switching a majority of Australian asthma sufferers to more environmentally friendly inhala's alone would cost taxpayers and patients more than AE hundred million extra annually. What are these new inhalers going to do? Are they going to be made of cardboard? What are people supposed to do? The article goes on to detail, thanks to this research done by MENSIS, that even if they changed half of the fifteen million Inhaler's purchased annually here in Australia to the more expensive, lesser emissions in Haler's. That alone would cost one hundred and twenty four million dollars. But of course that's just going to be labor playing with more subsidies, more of our taxpayer dollars, just handing them out like freebies. Joe, we have to have lost our minds when we're talking about not only this, but they're talking about we've got to reduce the emissions patients and doctors use up visiting each other.
Speaker 3: I think I think if there was any area that you were going to make exempt from carbon reduction targets, it would probably be life saving medical care. I think maybe that's I say, you know what, we'll just focus on the cars. We'll just go with the evs. Well, you know, we'll get a solar powered client. Your doctors, you just do whatever it takes. You can just I mean, paper straws are bad enough. Imagine a paper venal and that's not going to get soggy. Come man, I think this is crazy. I think it is one of those things. I was reminded of an event I went to many many years ago, and I'm very worthy of and fantastic event about raising money for or basically community housing and extremely low cost housing for people. And they were trying to raise money to put solar power solar panels on the roof so that the electricity bill would be cheaper for the and I kind of just thought, you sort of get like, I could see it makes sense. I could see it sort of was going to be cheaper and everything. But this didn't look like a homelessness initiative anymore. It looked like something else. And I feel like this doesn't look like a healthcare initiative anymore. It looks like something else. I think, just leave. Let healthcare do whatever it has to do to care for people's health. The clues in the name kind of.
Speaker 2: A sension go.
Speaker 3: If you want to decarbonize other economies transport, you know, fossil fuels.
Speaker 1: They won't stop.
Speaker 2: They won't for sake of just five percent of global emissions. This is nonsense, and there is no way to do it without making healthcare less affordable.
Speaker 1: And possibly less efficient. That worries me.
Speaker 4: I've got to say, as an asthmatic, I've got to tell you ventilin is not destroying the global climate. Right you can. They're tiny, little inhalers. You take minute, little puffs, and they'll find something which they think is fractionally better. My worry is it will be fractionally less efficient. So there'll be some asthmatic shall be lying on their bed gasping, and people will be saying, no, no, it's all right. You're gasping, but you're good because you're saving the planet.
Speaker 1: You're a wonderful person.
Speaker 3: They'll be emitting let's co I too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, when they die, you find people will admit very little co too.
Speaker 2: Dead people don't admit any.
Speaker 4: That's just this is ridiculous. I mean, they actually lied to us. They said we're only coming after fossil fuels. They're getting after fossil fuels. So now they're turning to crippling farming, crippling long distance transportation, crippling manufacturing, crippling the healthcare sector. What it amounts to. I think now this is just me being Okay, this is serious. This is philosophy stuff. This is idolatry. This is worshiping the creation instead of the creator, and it's any level of worship up to and including human sacrifice. Whatever we need to do to make the climate safe. If a few people have to die, a few people have to be uncomfortable, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Are I always said of this agenda, it is essentially very anti human. Humans are being made to suffer, but being told whatever the suffering, whether it's energy prices, whatever the suffering, whatever form it takes, it's justified because we're saving the planet. I mean, I could not believe reading in the government's National Health and Climate Strategy today they highlight the need to reduce staff travel and consider emissions from patient and visitor travel. How are you going to do that without affecting health outcomes? What are we going to have zoom calls now for the buzz patients reveal?
Speaker 3: As was revealed just a couple of weeks ago, even Australia's climate change ambassador doesn't seem to have been able to resist taking overseas trips on araplanes. They never practiced, so I'm pretty sure that you know, if they can't, if it's essential for them to have face to face on it. I'm pretty sure it's essential for doctors to have face to face on it. But again, I don't think it's this great conspiracy that I don't think it's any human I mean, there's no there's no liberal planet, there are no human.
Speaker 1: Mind.
Speaker 3: But you, well, you have to you have to find a balance. And I know that's very difficult for some people to accept, but you have to find a balance and say, right, yes, we do.
Speaker 2: Would you agree that this isn't finding a balance?
Speaker 3: That's right? This is exactly what I said, Like, why why go after and a sector which is absolutely non negotiably vital for human survival, for human health i e. The healthcare sector when it is a tiny tiny amount of the system, And why not go after the far homes, you know, the big industrial stuff. And again we I've even said we still need to do that in a way that doesn't sacrifice people. On the ultra of ideology that would make sure we're replacement.
Speaker 1: They are still going after people.
Speaker 4: If you put up power costs, it is old agg pensioners who don't eat their homes in winter.
Speaker 1: It is people who end up paying the prices. People is suffer. So it's basically cruel in the end, and they don't.
Speaker 2: The large amount of these policies don't actually affect the planet in a great way. We can talk about evs, we can talk about solar panels. Are they really better for the environment. No, when you boil it down, they're not. I've always said of this agenda. Once you realize that you are the carbon they really want to reduce, it starts adding up all these crazy policies. It starts making sense.
Speaker 3: Let's get on to a nice, positive, cheery topic.
Speaker 5: To Queensland now, where you would not believe this story if it weren't in the news. Today we learn that over three hundred vials of deadly pathogens have gone missing from a lad in Queensland. And get this, this actually happened in August of last.
Speaker 2: Year, and nobody told us. We don't even We still don't know where these vials are.
Speaker 3: Plus side, nobody's dead.
Speaker 2: But you know, so far so good, So far so good. Nobody panics, so far, so good. But this has made international headlines. As Fox News rights, the government has instructed Queensland Health Australia's Public Health Department.
Speaker 3: Understand itzation how it's actually just how it works, or does Queensland's Public Health to.
Speaker 2: Launch an investigation into what's being described as a major historical breach of biosecurity protocols. According to the online media statement. It was reported that three hundred and twenty three vials of multiple infectious viruses, including hendravirus, lysa virus, which contains rabies virus by the way, enters virus, went missing from Queensland's Public Health virology laboratory. Say that twice fast in August twenty twenty three. Now the government says it doesn't know whether these infectious samples were stolen or destroyed, but it does say, quote there is no evidence of risk to the community, and quote so you don't know where they are. They could be safely binned somewhere. Maybe they were destroyed, hence nobody panic. Or it could be you don't know where they are or how they went missing, whether they've potentially stolen. But you're just telling everyone there's no risk to the community. These two things do not go hand in handcap.
Speaker 4: And it's not three of these vals, it's three hundred and twenty three of these vals. I read this and I thought it's a black market for this stuff. This is bizarre. I did work out that biosecurity for Queensland. We can't take fruit across the border. But if you're carrying little vials of highly infections.
Speaker 3: That's perfectly all right.
Speaker 1: We're not worried about that sort of thing. So it's just so many They call this a major historical breach in bios security protocols.
Speaker 3: You reckon just a little bit. I think if if there was going to be a mass kind of wu Han style outbreak of deadly virus as well, I think we wouldn't know about it by now. So if I was a betting man, which I am actually so I'm happy a bet, then I would put it on someone has actually destroyed them, but they haven't done that paperwork.
Speaker 2: Just put their hand up and say, yeah, okay, nobody panic. I destroyed them.
Speaker 3: Because it's Stephen Miles's Queensland. The place isn't absolutely you know.
Speaker 2: That means you can get.
Speaker 4: They're in the back of a fruge somewhere and let's watched the paperwork.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Someone keep an ordered.
Speaker 3: Again. I'm not this is I don't run the joint. I don't run the joint. I love the fact that Fox News just assumes that Queensland Health is Australia's public health department, like all of Australia's nations, which is all most Americans would think. I think, oh yeah, it's just a giant thing. Everyone's going around in thongs, in board shorts and there's a bench there in kangaroos they run.
Speaker 4: Around with ba We do need to say to the viewers, if you feel a strange sort of a twinge, go and check it out. I'd be part of the vials that turned up at your place. Can I say there are there are? Actually, I mean we laugh about that, but there are some serious things happening in England. The Spectator which is a great magazine. I am a columnist for the Spectator of Australia, so I speak in a completely unbiased way. There was great magazine. Now the editor is Michael Gove. He replaced Fraiser Nelson, who was the editor until recently. They published online an article about Nikola Sturgeon, who was the Chief Minister of Scotland for a long time, and just in passing the author referred to a transgender person as a man pretending to be a woman. Well, they got very upset about that. The press watchdog is accused, has accused these people and produced a chilling effect on free speech. According to the editor Michael Gove. The blog has just taken over. So the idea that this man was not allowed to express in the article his view, this was a man claiming to be a woman. There is in England something called a gender recognition panel, and in twenty eighteen this person went to the gender that's the person gender recognition panel and officially got recognized as being a woman. Why didn't they have a chromosome recognition panel so that you were checked to being.
Speaker 1: Xx a woman or x Y a man. And if an x Y.
Speaker 4: Person wants to dress and live as an XX person, they can do that as a free country. But part of being a free countries you have free speech, which means we're allowed to say this is an x Y person who likes to live as an EX person. We're allowed to say that because that's what's actually going on.
Speaker 1: Except in Britain.
Speaker 4: It's quite frightening the implication for free speech.
Speaker 1: I would have.
Speaker 2: Thought absolutely, And of course it's not ipsoce's role to dictate freedom of speech issues. They're basically in the UK. They're our version of Akma, who pulls up anyone in the Australian communications and media space on any untruth or if you're breaking a certain part of their code, but it's not their job to enforce ideology, which is what IPSACE basically the UK version of AKMA is doing here, and it sends it does send a chilling message. I think guys, going forward, you're not allowed to acknowledge biological reality.
Speaker 3: Now, no, I think people I think people should be I mean, I think a whole bunch of people should probably just get over it. But I think, you know, I think people should be able to say, I identify as a woman, and that's that she looks perfectly womanly to me. And you know, even if she didn't, she could say that I want to be a woman and that's how I feel, and that's how I'd like to be addressed, Okay, whatever. People should have that individual freedom, but again I.
Speaker 2: Bet they don't have the freedom everybody else.
Speaker 3: But I do think where it does cross the line, I think is when you are saying, when you're basically saying, right, well, these are my pronouns. Now, everyone in the world has to tell me theirs or it's a hate crime. And the more chilling extension of that is that anyone who questions it is therefore actionable under the law and can actually be censored and told no, you can't say that.
Speaker 2: And that's what this president says. Then they breach the editor's code of practice. So going forward, anyone who's writing anything in the UK will have breached the same code if they don't.
Speaker 3: And even if people think that that is acceptable or whatever, then what happens when, for example, you go into satire. What happens when you know people are taking the mickey out of people, and people take the mickey out of people for all sorts of different personal attributes. Do you then start going after comedians like I don't know, Raygun did never forget because you know, imagine that scene in the Life of bran And where the People's Front of Judea are not to be confused with the gd in People's Front are sitting there and there's a woman who says that I demand the right this is I demand the right to go into the arena and be fed to the lions, just like all the men do. And they said, okay, well you can have that right, you know in you go, you know, be fed to lunch. I know, I don't want to be fed to the lions. I just want the right to be fed to the lions, and again it's very, very funny. There was also a big trans skit in that as well, where one of them suddenly identified as a woman and said that I would I would like to be what I want to want to I want to be a woman, and I want to have babies, And the John Cleese character says, what, you can't have babies. You don't have a womb, and they all sit down and say all right, all right, and they vote on another resolution taking the piece out of all these socialist collectives that sprung up in the seventies, said all right, we all agree that you have the right to have babies, even though you can't have babies. Now again, if you were to say that under these laws, I am pretty sure that you would run foul of them. And therefore the UK untacting the long way home. I apologize, but that UK has just found a way to kill off Monty Python, its greatest comedy export. Well done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's absolutely insufferable this journal. Gareth Roberts was simply exercising his rights to freedom of speech, expressing what I dare say the vast majority of us still believe is a simple biological reality. No very few among us believes that a piece of paper can make your woman. It cannot magically get rid of a y chromosome. So good Lucke where they're going forward.
Speaker 3: Whether that's true or not. The point is, should you be able to say something that is wrong stupid?
Speaker 4: True, you can't get rid of a y chromosome. But there's there's even more. What's interesting is this is not just happening in England. It's happening in America. In America, they've actually got the First Amendment, which guarantees freedom of speech. So when there was an attempt by the State Department to circumvent the First Amendment, they had to be really devious about it and.
Speaker 1: Work out their way to get around it.
Speaker 4: They set up a thing called the Global Engagement Center, just that wonderful.
Speaker 1: Maeration is never in the name, and they.
Speaker 4: Funded something called the Global Disinformation Index, which was a British organization which then contacted advertisers and told them not to advertise on websites that were conservative. So by having several links in the chain, you could get around the First Amendment. So everyone, it seems, trying to cut down on freedom of speech these days. That's what's under attack. That's really important. That's what we need to defend, isn't it?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? And now the Biden admin the State Department is scuffling to get rid of the GOEC because they know, come the Trump term is going to be one of the first things to get turfed. It's previously been funded to the tune of one hundred million dollars censoring Americans speech online, and they've decided, well, we're not going to renew that one hundred million dollars fully upcoming year.
Speaker 3: Now it could joined by a lifetime's worth of environmentally friendly vential and in highlands for that money.
Speaker 2: Now, the history of the GOEC is actually quite curious. It did start out as legit, as explained by Mike Benns he's a former Trump State Department official on the Joe Rogan podcast. Originally, here is what the GEC started out as.
Speaker 6: So this idea that that isis was recruiting on Facebook and Twitter. Gave a license to the State Department to create this thing called the Global Engagement Center, which was really the first official censorship capacity in the US government. It predated the DHS stuff that would come along in the Trump and the Trump era, and this gave the State Department the direct back channel, the direct coordinating capacity with all the social media companies to tell them about ISIS, ISIS accounts, ISIS narratives that we're trending. Suddenly, the State Department is a real time heat map of everyone who is likely to be or hits a certain confidence level being suspected to support ISIS.
Speaker 2: That was from twenty fourteen to twenty and sixteen. Very legit organization, you'd think, but many of these things start out that way. But in twenty sixteen, Rick Stengel, who put the thing together and was running it, had a massive change of heart. Here's Mike Ben's again talking about what Rick decided once Trump came to office.
Speaker 6: When Trump won the election in twenty sixteen, he became convinced that actually the First Amendment was a mistake. He actually openly advocated in the Washington Post in an op ed that we effectively end the First Amendment, that we copycat Europe's laws, and then he wrote a whole book on it. This is the guy who started affectively the country's first censorship center. In twenty sixteen, the Global Engagement Center pivoted from being counter terrorism to counterpopulism. In twenty sixteen, they were afraid that social media rising all these right wing populist parties to power would effectively collapse the entire rules based international order unless there was international censorship, and they talked about that quite openly in twenty seventeen in as they were creating this whole censorship infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Now Concerto conservative outlets The Daily Wire, the Federalist, and the Texas State are currently suing the DEEC, So it'll be interesting to know what happens with that now that they're kind of going under. It was revealed in early twenty twenty three last year that they had in fact been depriving several of these outfits of money because they use these online platforms to post things, get subscribers. For the amount of viewers you get, the platform then pays you money. So it was demonetizing anyone it deemed as being conservative or far right. We know how much they love to use that. Elon Musk tweeted in February of last year, the worst offender in US government censorship and media manipulation is an obscure agency called GEC. He did a follow up tweet to that saying they are a threat to our democracy. Well that's the line they fed the media about me. They had knives out for anyone who wasn't subscribing to their way of thinking. Now, I would love to think that we'd see something similar in Australia with regards to America. Seems to be ditching a lot of these policies, a lot of these agencies, even before Trump's made it into the Indeed, and yet the alban Easy government, as we know, due to previous bills it's tried to get up one successfully isn't of the same mind as kel.
Speaker 4: No. This man, Mike Bens that we saw with Joe Rogan is the CEO of an organization called FFO Foundation for Freedom Online. Because the place where they start with censorship is online. That's where they say, oh, well this is doing stuff which is disturbing the children, and anyone can pick it up and it's really dangerous. And that once your censorship starts, it starts online. And the worry is it won't stop there, it will keep going. Well, we've successfully got rid of this stuff online, now we can start looking at newspapers and magazines and radio and television and everything else. Any censorship anywhere is a worry. I think the under sixteen thing was a mistake. I know there are people who won't a group, and I think it was a mistake. And the attempt to bring in the Disinformation Misinformation Bill basically says is a government saying we will determine what is true what is false. But the whole premise is wrong because there are lot two categories. There are at least four categories. There's true, false, disputed, and opinion. And what they're attempting to do is to pretend there's nothing disputed and there's nothing that's opinion. It's either simple true or simple false, and will say which one it is.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is based on a lie.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is a delusion, and it makes it incredibly dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially in the age where it's not opinion versus opinion anymore, in the twenty first century, it's facts versus facts, and that is completely deadly when it comes to discussion on any topic.
Speaker 3: I think that is true. I think you've got a world which is so polarized and when there is so much information and so much media that you can basically can construct an entirely parallel universe that is backed up and supported by a whole bunch of evidence, the whole bunch of facts that is completely in direct opposition to another parallel universe that someone has made an equally convincing case for. And we've seen even with things like were Donald Trump's rallies absolutely chocolate block full of crowds or were they half empty? And again you have people showing different images from different times trying to argue their points.
Speaker 4: That just means it's disputed. It doesn't mean there's not a truth. The truth is the truth. I was reading a philosopher, You're true truth is what is the curse?
Speaker 1: That's the truth.
Speaker 3: Because then they say, well, we're just going to not allow things that aren't true. We're simply going to say only allow things.
Speaker 4: You know, We're going to pretend there's nothing which is disputed. We won't allow any dispute, we won't debate the facts.
Speaker 3: If you believe in free speech, you have to accept the fact that people are going to believe too. Diametrically. I could say to you it is an absolute fact. It is an absolute truth that God exists right now. Obviously, there are plenty of people going to say there's actually, in fact, no evidence that is not true, or some people might say it's disputed or whatever, but that's.
Speaker 1: Not what it's about. But they're not saying that.
Speaker 4: They're saying, we won't have disputes about anything. We will just say either that's true or that's full.
Speaker 2: And everything else is disinformation.
Speaker 4: Everything else is this information. They won't allow that debate.
Speaker 3: That you're saying that there are absolute truths. There are things that are absolutely true and things that are That is what they're saying. You are falling into their trap.
Speaker 1: No, i'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you the Alan White, great British philosopher. I wrote a book on truth. It's an excellent how things are, How things are is what truth is. Now sometimes that's really.
Speaker 2: Hang on, there is objective.
Speaker 4: Hang on, No, there is no No, it's very simple how things are with simple things, it's really easy. It's either raining outside at the moment where it's not how things are as the truth. The problem is knowing how things are, and that means there's a big disputed debatable area. No, there's no doubt about truth. There is a there is an absolute reality, which is how things are. Finding out what it is and understanding what it is and agreeing what it is is hard. But there is such a thing as truth. It's how things are. People who reject that concept are just going mad in the lush.
Speaker 3: And that is exactly what their position isn't allow anything in between. That's right. If it's if you're saying something that's not true, that's dangerous and that could lead to catastrophic consequences. Therefore we will we will not allow things that aren't true. That's that's exactly their argument.
Speaker 2: That's how they get to discign the narrative. But we haven't seen the end of the GEC because while they're not renewing the funding, diversing those staff members different agencies, different bureaus within the next administration. So good luck Trumpers for ferreting those guys out wherever they end up next.
Speaker 3: We're housing them, that's what they call it in the TV industry. Right, No, Ray is still a valued member of the member of the network. We're just going to put him over here.
Speaker 4: He'll be at home, because most public servants in America are not actually going into the office.
Speaker 3: Right, Let's go something nice and light and bright, because we do like to mix it up. On this show. Indeed, the spite of horrific anity centertory attacks throughout Australia, which just that was that I should that's exactly right. I've got sense it for that. And just when you thought they got a batter they could with the fire bombing of a synagogue and they're pursuing the suspects obviously over that. There was another outbreak in Sydney which I think has really and in this case cars were firebombed and houses were also damaged, and there has been this incredible I think there's been a sort of collective awakening among Australians generally who didn't realize just how ferocious this was and just how hero and anti Semiticism is once it gets going. And I think and I like to think that the Prime Minister has understood this. But here's a report from scott and News car set on fire and buildings vandalized with anti Semitic slurs in Malara as Sydney Jewish community attacked again. And I did read that some of those buildings bractually homes and residences. And how's this there's another bit of graffiti in Sydney. We can pull it up. It says, quote unquote Hitler was right. That's very interesting, but this didn't seem to provide enough of a clue for lovely chap Chris Taylor from ABC, who wasn't quite sure if these were anti semitical. And I mean, from what I remember, Hitler thought things that were mostly they were pretty anti jew I think history lastly, but I think quite a bit of an anti Semite. And so if he was right, maybe that's a he was right about transport infrastructure. Anyway, This is Chris Taylor talking to Premier Chris Mins on the ABC about this.
Speaker 7: Just on your wording in your statements this morning, what's your reasoning for branding the attack anti Semitic and not anti Israel? How do you make a distinction?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we would have to be willful at this point to turn a blind eye to that sequence of event and suggested to anything other than an anti Semitic attack.
Speaker 7: So if you're calling it anti Semitic rather than just a political anti Israel statement, what you've been in public life a long time, would you say anti Semitism is at an all time high in your experience?
Speaker 3: Yes, I would, I swear to God that pause is one of the greatest pieces of radio I have ever heard of. Our life is actually asking me this, yes, yes, and Christ's love the boke. It's anti Semitic, by the way, not anti Semitic keepers. That's just semantics though, and I'm an anti semantic. But again I do find it, and again not having Christale who's a great boat. But I think it is. I think there there are still some people who are actually struggling to understand that what they or people they talked to thought was just you know, anti Zionism or anti Israel, is actually just anti jew And I think the scales are coming down.
Speaker 4: They're now working out that anti Israel and anti Semitic are not the same thing. I mean, for what happened in the import interesting it is for what happened in Marlara to be anti Israel, they had to assume was playing a role in the war between Gaza and Israel.
Speaker 1: Willara is not playing a role. It's got nothing to do with that.
Speaker 4: The only reason they chose Willara is because there's a big Jewish population. In other words, it's not anti Israel, it's anti Jewish. It's Jewish hatred. It's hatred of the Jewish people.
Speaker 3: But the problem is that those two things coalesce so that you have people who say that they're and again I know you're calling this out, say oh no, I'm not atly Jewish, un just anti zion Israeli those two things more.
Speaker 2: Again, Nvyentai, what Bibi Netanya who is doing? And I know hardcore Zionist jew maked In Bondai, who have absolutely hated for as long as I can remember, especially since October seven.
Speaker 3: And the majority of Israelis.
Speaker 2: Sins indeed, and we know that he's wildly unpopular in his own country. So I think it is an important distinction to say you can be anti what is going on in that part of the world right now without being anti Semitic. And it's bb who's really put his foot in that, because he has said very recently to be anti Israel is to be anti Semitic.
Speaker 3: That's a very but the problem but the problem is proven right by these acts. The problem is that these acts are being perpetrated, suppose.
Speaker 2: Perpetrated with the cause of pales and.
Speaker 3: That's right, and they and they are using the cause of Palestine and the cause of anti Israel activism to target not Israel, but Jews.
Speaker 2: Amitic.
Speaker 4: I wrote the word column about this, arguing that people who are really anti Semitic, who when you finally get them with a drink or two in them and they're having a start talking about well it's rich Jewish bankers who control the world. They're really anti Semitic. They've always used code to hide that. They don't want to say it, so at one stage they call themselves anti Israel rather than andy Semittic, and now they'll use the expression I'm pro Palestine, but addie, Israel and pro Palestine are code words that actually mean I hate Jews. That's what they mean, I think, and I think the language is simply intended to be deceptive.
Speaker 2: Well, you wouldn't think that someone who went to this effort of going to on cliff and putting this piece of graffiti up would have at least done their homework as to how to spell Israel. In case you missed it, here's the graphic. My goodness, how can you be filled with so much hatred and yet you can't even spell out the name of your desired victim properly? I mean, who are these flogs? It really points to someone who's quite uneducated.
Speaker 4: We'll now move to discussing the new south Well state education to pro.
Speaker 3: University education.
Speaker 2: Comment on that should have got Mens to comment on that, although of course there's no proof that whoever did it was educated here in New South Wales. So Men's is off the hook on this one.
Speaker 3: He's off the hook on everything. He's awesome. He should be wearing a blue spandex suit with a big, biggest fan. I'll tell you someone who someone else who means has no truck with. That's noodle arm. Little measly upper middle class activists who are probably all vegan. They're floating around the Castle Harbor. There has been and this is the thing. I don't know why we can't seem to just throw the book at these guys, possibly because they're so depleted from iron from their vegan diet. If we threw the book at them, it could potentially be fatal.
Speaker 2: I'd be more than happy to throw the book regardless.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe we could throw a pamphlet at the risk I just sort of blow them over. But this is an incredible story, the convictions and all these activists who blocked the biggest coalport in Australia, the one at Newcastle. They have been dropped for Newcastle protesting Katherine Cock. And this is, by the way, just saying this is a multicultural smager's board of offenders here.
Speaker 2: I mean, you think we do love diversit.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely fantastic these guys. They're all for multiculture, they're all for you know people, and they represent the true Australia. It's not like they're a bunch of snot nosed over privileged white kids from university. Let's just go over there. Let's just go back to their names again.
Speaker 4: We have Catherine Cock, Catherine Cock, Kimberly Cross.
Speaker 3: Croxford, Tony Sterei and Caitlin McMahon. I don't think any of them are from banks Town, but I bet they're pro Palace.
Speaker 4: Convictions were quashed and their fines have been removed on the basis that they genuinely believe there's a climate crisis, there's an emergency, and they were acting out of their beliefs in order to save humanity and save the planet. Can I offer you three simple I know this is not the place to have belonged debate, but three really short propositions. Climate change is normal, always happened Secondly, politicians can't change the global climate. Thirdly, human beings are adaptable, will adapt to anything. Therefore, relax, nothing to panic about, no emergency. That's where we'll get to in ten or twenty years from now, when people will say, oh, there was nothing to worry about. It was a big hoax. When we get to that point, this judge is going to look really dumb because he said, to these people, believe the hoax. They're nice people, they were sincere, they were actually acting on the hoax they believed in.
Speaker 1: Therefore we should let them off.
Speaker 2: On your parades.
Speaker 1: Calvil.
Speaker 2: But I think in ten to twenty years we'll all have attached to us our missions clocker for the day and things.
Speaker 3: All be that.
Speaker 2: That is how quickly they are putting processes in place. So these guys did get really hard fines and time you name it. And then this judge comes in and lets them off on appeal on conditional release orders, which means basically absolutely nothing as long as they don't reoffend with it. The amount of time of the conditional Relaseow where do we even have these hardcore laws When we all get excited about them and they all get off with nothing more than a slap on the rest stationed will be back with a croc in a laundry. You can't miss that welcome back. Let's get stuck into the papers. We're bringing you tomorrow's news tonight. Therefore it's quite exclusive, isn't it, Joe, You've got.
Speaker 3: Certainly is the Canberra Time unlocked, the key to time travel here on the lake, debate lives and yes the camera. Time's my favorite tabloid newspaper with their weird, weird quote marks that look like something that got rejected by Lego ninjago. Their main story is APS growing slower than the population. This is obviously someone's quote. And who's quote is it? Well, it's the head of the APS the Australia. It's all okay, lovely man.
Speaker 4: Remind people APS means it's thrown in public service because the big announcement is there are the bureaucratch are not increasing faster than the population.
Speaker 3: Being fast enough? Col is what they're saying, not enough. So the country's most senior public servant has defended the size of the federal public service in a bold end of years speech. That's bold, bold from a public servant. That's pretty good bold end of year speech. I would say it's pretty bold, made of the brink of an election campaign in which the Coalition will attack a thirty six thousand place increase under labor. In an address titled and I'm not sure if this was wise quote who needs a public service? Cabinet Secretary Privates and Cabinet Secretary Glynn Davis alluded to a brewing debate about the size of the bureaucracy and reassured public servants that their work quote is honorable and necessary. Before they were sitting rocking, why am I doing this? Purpose cheap mandar has come out and says your work is honorable and necessary, and they've got fantastic Oh it's four fifty five. I better be off there. I just love this, but all these poor public servants. So we're going through an existential identity crisis, and he's come out like a hero. I said that Christian should be wearing a giant reds on his chest. I think Glynn Davis perhaps is the true hero that Gotham needs right now. But this is the best thing is that thought, Okay, we've got this, got this yarn about how I'm going to say that there aren't enough public servants and we need more, and they're all doing a fantastic job. In fact, they're honorable and necessary. I wonder which newspaper we should give it to the camera time I don't have our back. That is good medium.
Speaker 2: They will run this like it's a legit story. And we are all justified. Thirty six thousand new places in the public service in the space of less than four years of an alban Easy government. Are you that incompetent that you needed that many more people to do exactly the same jobs that the former government was doing. It was just last month kel that we learned one in five Australians is a public servant. One in five working people in Australia work for the government. That is a mind blowing stack.
Speaker 4: Every time we talk about this group of people. The key so that everyone understands what's going on. We don't call them public servants.
Speaker 1: We call them bureaucrats.
Speaker 2: Where's the servant?
Speaker 4: I'll just tell you by that we have the Originally, originally the expression public servants applied to convicts.
Speaker 1: So that's how it began in the idea on hundreds.
Speaker 4: Now, if you're in Newcastle, of course, you've probably been kicked out of.
Speaker 1: Where you're renting, haven't you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: According to the Newcastle Herald.
Speaker 2: Absolutely such such a nuance segue I missed at kel thank you to the front page of the Newcastle Herald. Like in no grounds evictions, a Hunter rent advocacy service has reported a whopping forty two percent increase in inquiries from tenants victed for no reason ahead of new legislation banning no grounds evictions coming into effect. Wow, who could have seen this coming? So the government, being landlords shortsighted as a mole, advertises the fact we're going to create legislation which means owners can no longer do no fault, no fault, no grounds, no grounds evictions, and then everyone turns around and says, well, I'll get my no grounds evictions out of the way. Good luck finding another rental in this blood sport market. Who could have seen this coming?
Speaker 3: Joe, Well, obviously the landlords have seen it coming. But it is interesting. But because it shows that there were landlords who were planning to do this, they have done that now ahead of time.
Speaker 2: Well, now their hands have been fault.
Speaker 3: Because they yeah, but that's because they know they won't be able to do it afterwards. So it means that every tenant who is in that and it's only you know, forty two So it's not a huge amount, but please, it's but it is, but it is.
Speaker 2: Huge amount. I believe you have forty two percent burns to your body if you'll be laying us.
Speaker 3: No, it's not, it's not forty two percent of the Okay, okay, firstly.
Speaker 2: There's not one quieries.
Speaker 3: I know five people, and one in five people are not bureaucrats. One in five people work for the government. That includes cops, teachers, nurses, anyone age care workers. But just to clarify that they're not bureaucrats. And to this, it is a forty two percent increase in inquiries from tenants evicted for no given reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is what I read.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, it's not like forty two percent of tenants have been a victored.
Speaker 2: If you're really willing say, there's a lot of inquiries.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of it. It's a lot of inquiries. But again, that shows that this is working. It shows that landlords are paying attention and that tenants are aware that they may have.
Speaker 4: As always Joe puts the really good spin on it, and it's not nearly as bad as it sounds.
Speaker 1: And if you want some really.
Speaker 4: Good news, you need to go to Melbourne's Herald Son where they've got a nice story on the front page that says advance Australia Day. The City of Greater Geelong, which is one of Victoria's largest councils, has voted to embrace Australia Day again, putting pressure on Melbourne's Lord Mayor to support celebrating our national day. For a big council to get behind this when all the little councils run by the Greens are opposed to us. See, they want us the Greens want us to be ashamed of a settlement, so they don't want us to celebrate the day on when the first settlement happened. Well, Joe Long has said, blow that for a joke. It's our national Day, that's when the first settlement happened. We're going to celebrate it. And it does put pressure on Melbourne's Lord Mayor. Now, in case you've forgot, Melbourne's Lord Mayor is Nicholas Reese, known and loved by Fox by Sky News Jennifer our viewers. We've seen him off and we agree with Nellie.
Speaker 2: He says, I'd say so.
Speaker 1: Nicholas reached.
Speaker 4: Brees is now under pressure to get Melbourne behind Austroy today.
Speaker 1: Will he do it? Stay tuned for the next episode.
Speaker 3: We live in Melbourne. I would say absolutely not. Now I just get all the good ones and I've just gotten lucky again. The NT News a great newspaper and this is just in a little top left hand corner there you can see it says it all good, page three yarn. And if you get a crock on the front page. By the way, rule of the NT News is you have to buy the newsroom a case. That's literally a genuine rule. So they've got the flock and they've got the croc on the front page. Croc shock in laundry tells you everything you need to know. There was a crock, it was in the laundry and the guy got a shot.
Speaker 4: Just tell you one other thing in detail, have massively higher sales every time there's a crocodile on the front page, because every tourist buys a copy as a souvenir.
Speaker 2: Absolutely would be in a Northern Territory paper if they wasn't a Croc on the front page. We all love it. But before we leave you for the next out break, the Mercury has a happy story. You would remember the ongoing saga of Mona's Lady's Lounge well after winning their legal battle against a distruntled male patron. Remember the bloke he was like, how dare you not give me entry into the Lady's Lounge simply because I'm a male? He wasn't even trying to be trans No, he wanted access because he'd paid for a ticket. Mona's Lady's Lounge has reopened for a last hurrah one month after winning their case in court. Absolutely love it, as they should. The amount of drama that went into this was so appreciated. Do you remember this lady and all her entourage like dancing.
Speaker 3: Into a brilliance. So the idea of it, for people who haven't heard the story, is that they got a Picasso I think it was, and then they put it into an area of the art gallery.
Speaker 2: Munch actually turned out not to be an original, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, and said ladies only allowed in there. And guy got upset, so hey, why aren't we allowed in there? And started remonstrating, and then it ended up taking it to court, and it turned out that that was the actual artwork, was a piece of performance art to show men what it felt like to be excluded.
Speaker 2: You were supposed to feel how ladies have felt. So there, you were really in the ladies lounge. Don't go anywhere. We'll be back soon with Biden's latest blunder. Yes. Madami is a US based company that offers a tech platform for beauty and wellness. The irony is about to be made clear. They do a survey for all their employees just testing people's stress levels. How stressed are you at work? And all the employees take part in this survey, as you do when your boss sends you something that you must complete. Before they knew it, they had received an email from the boss over a hundred of them saying thus recently, we conducted a survey to understand your feeling about stress at work. Many of you shared your concerns, which we deeply value and respect as a company committed to fostering a healthy and supportive work environment. We have carefully considered the feedback to ensure that no one remains stressed at work. We have made the difficult decision to part ways with employees who indicated significant stress. This decision is effective immediately and impacted employees will receive further details separately. Thank you for your contributions, Best regards, After which one of the fired employees took to Twitter to tell the world about this. She said, what's happening at Yes, madame? First you conduct a random survey and then fire us overnight because we're feeling stressed.
Speaker 8: And not just me you, one hundred other people have been fired too hashtag mass firing. The moral of the story is, when your boss sends you a survey, don't do it. They always say it's anonymous, but is.
Speaker 3: It really Also, maybe if you're replying to it so they say I can't handle working here, your boss thinks maybe we'll get the right.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was a buntible choice. Maybe it felt really innocuate.
Speaker 3: That's how stressed would you feel working for a wellness platform? Not stressed at all, quite stressed, very stressed.
Speaker 2: I've got to go.
Speaker 4: And pointed out this, and someone who must be getting a little stressed about losing his job, as Joe Biden. He's about to go and we will miss him because we will miss the marvelous moments when the telling propter failed like this.
Speaker 9: And you know one of the things that's going on here, they just turned off, like I'm going to go vote.
Speaker 3: I lost the electrician here.
Speaker 9: Anyway, One of the things we found is that you know where we invented this semi the computer chip size and tipping the little finger.
Speaker 4: So people have been saying, what's he going to do when he leaves the White House? Now, what other presidents have done is they've earned a small on the speaking circuit.
Speaker 1: Bill Clinton was.
Speaker 4: Charging three hundred dollars for a one hour talk. They said, he can't do that. He'll never get onto the speaking circuit. I've worked out, yes, he will. As a comedy act. See Joe lose the plot, see the teleprompter fil see him forget what he's talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh you?
Speaker 8: He said the electricity has failed, while all.
Speaker 2: The lights are still on and his microphone is working. Well, that's a wrap from us this evening, but stay tuned for the read of Hanah. He showed