Speaker 1: You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as a well time to talk forty and what a match Blues against you long on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Harry.
Speaker 3: It's been great for Harry the footballer.
Speaker 4: But what a day for Harry the human being.
Speaker 5: Fly Harry mckuy and all the people say he's pretty fly Harry murcay.
Speaker 4: Harry mcguy's in the house in the morning. In morning, we.
Speaker 6: Want to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a very good win.
Speaker 4: What a game you go to riper mate, well done, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good fun.
Speaker 6: Have you got a black eye?
Speaker 7: It's more purple now, I reckon it's slowly going away. But yeah, I've got a couple of weeks ago against in gather around, had a bit of a head clash.
Speaker 3: So it was a bit of a secret that you carried into this game. You had four facial fractures.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you could say five six, can add another one every week. But yeah, so, as I said, had a bit of a head clash and unfortunately there's a few fractures there, but you can't do much about it. So well in cheekbone, yeah, cheek bone, the orbit bone, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know an your eye, Yeah, so I thought you just had feelers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Hey, first things first, I just wanted to check in because look, at the start of the season we said, look, Harry's going to be joining us on the show All the Top, and then sort of you disappeared for a while and you came out and said, you know, you were battling with some mental health stuff.
Speaker 4: We just want to check how you're doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks, Mane. Yeah, I'm going really well obviously. Yeah, a little bit of a different couple of months, but yeah, in a really good space now, and the love and support has been really profound. So really lucky to be in a good place and back playing footy, and yeah, obviously never ideal to go through, but I really appreciative and grateful to be back in a nice place. And yeah, sometimes there's footing sometimes his life, and I think through this all prioritizing your health and well being kind of his main thing, which is, yeah, it's really nice to being a good spot.
Speaker 8: I think it's so awesome when people, and in particular men, because men don't talk about it as much, put their hand up and say I actually need some time out, I need to take Jase, you're really you're really open about this stuff as well.
Speaker 1: You've sort of pushed me over the years to be honest, You've reminded me that he at the end of the day, this is a job.
Speaker 6: Yes, and there's a whole world, a whole life out there.
Speaker 8: So well done to you, because I think you probably have helped so many other people take a step back when they need to take some time off and go this is a priority and this is what's important.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think part of the reason why. Obviously it's quite personal what you go through and that's always your own story, but as someone that's lucky enough to have a bit of a platform and be somewhat in the public eye, to be able to share what you're going through and to you know, we said, me and my twin brother, we spoke about it on our podcast and we thought if it could help one person, then yeah.
Speaker 6: It is personal. That's the other thing.
Speaker 8: Like you're a footballer, you're in the public eye. We all know you, people love you, and people want to know so much about you. But that must be hard as well because it is deeply personal and there are some things you shouldn't have to talk about, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think That's the beauty of what we do is so many people love what you do and I want to know everything's going on and always comes from a great place. But yeah, as you said, sometimes there's things that are personal and for you and your family to work through, but as I said, it's always from a place of care, and they always, yeah, they always want.
Speaker 4: To chat with the team.
Speaker 1: When you said, hey I need some time out, yeah, it was really great. And because that wouldn't have been easy.
Speaker 7: No, I think, yeah, it's never easy to well one say, you put your hand up and you need to help it. Our football club is so good at supporting each other and caring and whenever someone's going through something, the ability to wrap the rounds around that person and help. And yeah, this situation was no different. Everyone was so beautiful. And also, yeah, the amount of people that kind of resonate or have a shared experience after that and come up and chat through it.
Speaker 2: Because so it was really great.
Speaker 3: So how then comes the comeback? And I felt really good myself watching you play great footy at the weekend. Tell us what that feeling is like for you, especially in front of the Carlton faithful when you know, we know the Blues, the Blue Bags when they're up and about that, they love and support their own right. What having been through what you have gone through the start of this year, what did that feel like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 7: It was as you said, the Carlton supporters, they're so passionate, so the amount of energy they create, especially at the MCG is amazing. And yeah, to be able to it's just be out there playing footy with my mates and in front of a home crowd and it was just so fun and yeah, definitely felt the love and yeah, it was just it was so fun to be out there the foot He felt fun, which which is I think sometimes as you get older. It's obviously there's a lot of things that come to playing footay, but we start because we love it as a kid and we do it because it was so fun and definitely Sunday was a reminder of that, and yeah, it was a great.
Speaker 4: Afternon Now after a win, the bully bag is wrung with this and so the.
Speaker 3: Premiership favorite, especially when Harry is plunking them and everywhere.
Speaker 6: You might be keeping a lit on it, Harry.
Speaker 8: But let me tell you, Mike, Carlton supporting friends have gone feral.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're back, We've got it.
Speaker 3: How much confidence do you get from a win over a premiership favorite like Geelong because they were playing going to that match, they've been playing some hot footy as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, I think obviously the two weeks before that we had some a solid couple of wins, but we're really keen to come up against a team who was I think they was sitting second or third on the ladder, and yeah, we felt like we'd probably turned the corner in terms of how we're playing and some of the key things that we look for in our game. We're in really strong position, so we're keen to I guess, challenge it against one of the best sides and to come on top and win. It's been a really three weeks.
Speaker 4: Similarly similar vibe down in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Clinton, Well, they have won two in a row, so they're going along.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Not a similar vibe with my Mighty Tiger.
Speaker 2: Well, I wasn't going to.
Speaker 6: We have just not in a row for question to take the week.
Speaker 1: To rest, take the week. Harry McCay form The Mighty Blows is on the air with us this morning. Hey, Harry, it's not just us that. We're very happy you were back. You've got a lot of mini fans out there.
Speaker 5: Hi Harry, I'm so happy that you're playing for Carlton again. Hi Harry, it was awesome to see you out there on the weekend. We really missed you.
Speaker 4: Hi Harry.
Speaker 5: Good having you back playing for Carlton. Go Blues. Hi Harry, it was great seeing you at the m ship. See ship.
Speaker 4: Look come up. We've got some hard hitting questions, yes from journalists some of.
Speaker 6: Your littlest fans. Are you ready for the hard.
Speaker 1: Would be smart, so cute Harry mckaye on the air of us this morning from the Marty Blues. Just go on twenty four past state, hard hitting questions, some little journals.
Speaker 4: Next fly Harry mckuy.
Speaker 8: And all the people say, he's pretty fly Harry McKay.
Speaker 4: Call she get you that audio for them to play when you get a goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: You know what I did love when we were over in Adelaide for gather around what was Adelaide or Port Adelaide, Clint that when their players kicked a gold, they got a song.
Speaker 6: They've got their own.
Speaker 3: A lot of the clubs do that, Yeah, a lot of them. The Brisbane line sort of started it, and yeah, a lot of the clubs.
Speaker 2: Are doing it.
Speaker 6: What would what song would you have when you kicked a goal?
Speaker 4: Well, just we'll give you that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that would be great. That'd be the first choice. Maybe a bit of Taylor Swift?
Speaker 6: Did you go when she was here?
Speaker 2: He actually didn't go. Oh man, I went a few years ago, but I didn't didn't go to this one.
Speaker 4: I can see you at the nineteen eighty nine to it actually was yeah.
Speaker 8: Filthy sitting behind you, Harry.
Speaker 3: Before we get to these questions from from some young blues, I want to ask you a question about the handsome roosters at the carlt And Footy Club, because there are a few, right including the coach.
Speaker 4: Now, someone in.
Speaker 3: This room has then the horn.
Speaker 2: For Bossy and it's not Jason. I okay, it's Lauren.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you find Vossy handsome?
Speaker 2: Handsome man?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Laren tell us about I just.
Speaker 6: Think he's got some kind of like.
Speaker 2: An aura, definitely.
Speaker 8: And he's just calm and he's nice, and he's got don't mind a bit of ginger.
Speaker 2: To pass that feedback on.
Speaker 6: I think they did. He came in and I went bright red again.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of talk about Bossy's head being on the chopping block if you guys didn't get a win. Ruthless coaching, Yeah, that's in the media. Do you guys address that at the club in the dressing rooms?
Speaker 7: Not really, to be honest, I think there's so much said in the footy industry and a lot of the time it's just focusing on what's inside the four walls and the things you can control. The In a win loss industry, the narratives change most weeks, so if you kind of buy into the highs and loads of that, you get into a bit of trouble.
Speaker 1: So but as a player, do you think he's responsible if you guys didn't start winning.
Speaker 7: Everyone plays a role, But a lot of the time I think the coaches unfairly get criticism because we're the ones out there, you know, kicking, marking and executing, and at the end of the day, it's majority of it.
Speaker 2: It's on the players. But everyone has a role to play. Man to take you to the promised land. Sure, absolutely, yeah, boss he's a man. He's great.
Speaker 8: So we love Ussy, we love Fossy, you love we love But you're right, I mean you can't read everything. If you if football players were everything was in the media about their teams, their coaches, their players, you'd go insane, which is why we have engaged some of mel hardest, hitting, most invested journalists to ask you some very serious footy questions.
Speaker 1: When you, guys finally put TJ in the freezer up the line, you should roll these kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, these are better questions than I've ever asked the foot Here we go.
Speaker 5: How many games have you played for Colton and how many have you won?
Speaker 7: Great question to you keep it trip. I think I'm one hundred and thirty ish games. Don't know how many wins. I'd love to know, though, let me do it.
Speaker 6: There'll be someone, there'll be a statisian out there.
Speaker 4: What are you doing? Live?
Speaker 2: Google?
Speaker 8: Google?
Speaker 2: Live Google?
Speaker 6: Can you actually google? How many can?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Games played? One hundred and thirty one games, you've played in fifty five wins, one drawer and seventy five losses.
Speaker 4: Are right?
Speaker 6: We didn't need to highlight the losses. That was unnecessary early day.
Speaker 3: So you've got a win percentage of forty two point three seven.
Speaker 7: So my twin brother Ben, he played at North Melbourne for lots of years and at one sage, I think he was in the top five lowest winning.
Speaker 3: He's now at the Benny.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's won.
Speaker 3: Aw you didn't twins.
Speaker 4: Bringing them up.
Speaker 3: I've got I've got his win percentage. It's you've got him. But he's sitting on twenty.
Speaker 7: Three percent two years ago would have been a little bit low.
Speaker 4: The move helped, all right, Next question.
Speaker 5: How many people got hurt in the Geelong Carlton game?
Speaker 2: People got hurt?
Speaker 6: Any injuries?
Speaker 7: I think we had a couple, but I don't actually know yet. We go into the club today, so usually you get all the goss of what.
Speaker 6: Happened, but she says the day you get all the joy the wash up.
Speaker 3: He's playing great footy.
Speaker 2: George Hewitt, Georgie, Yeah, what a man? Is the best? Yeah? Yeah, we love Georgie. Very.
Speaker 7: You won't meet a more humble, underage, down to earth person and works so hard on his game. And he's a bit of a rooster as well.
Speaker 6: Is he the red head?
Speaker 1: Very?
Speaker 4: He's not a BOSSI yeah, well, Lawrence Camp Then all right, next one, Hi.
Speaker 5: Harry, it's awesome to have you back and playing again. How did it feel to go run out there and hear all the crowd cheering for you.
Speaker 7: Great question. Yeah, it was so fantastic. As we said before, the curt and fans are the best, and especially at the g so loud and the amount of energy that was created and everyone was smiling, so it was really good.
Speaker 8: My Instagram was full of the countdown to the final sign and the Blue singing the song.
Speaker 1: How do you go on the smaller field so you can hear the crowd what they're saying, can't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a sledge you can. You can hear the odd thing.
Speaker 7: But because on the bit on most AFL grounds, because there's so much noise and there's often, you know, thirty to one hundred thousand people, that's all a bit of a blur. But especially early days when you were younger playing VFL, you could hear. You could hear every sledge, so that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of funny.
Speaker 8: Well, finally we asked little Jamiller, who's a big fan of the Blues. I said, do you have any serious footy questions to ask Harry when he comes in, and she said I do, so brace yourself for this hard hitting.
Speaker 5: Floor, Harry, do you have any pets?
Speaker 7: Great question, I do have a pet. His name is Bunny and he's toodle dog Bunny.
Speaker 1: You look like a yeah, yeah, yeah, isn't a toy kvoodle like?
Speaker 2: He's very small.
Speaker 6: Dog Bunny.
Speaker 2: He's nearly two.
Speaker 4: And is it?
Speaker 3: Is it a walking style dog dog or do you sort of carry him in a baby beorn?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, he's always walking.
Speaker 4: See you with a dog stroller?
Speaker 6: Can you bring Bunny the next time you come in?
Speaker 2: I can bring Bunny.
Speaker 6: He bring Funny.
Speaker 2: I'd like to be for a hair cut. He's about to get groomed, so maybe next week you'll.
Speaker 8: Have a perfect hair up then when he thanks the little kids who helps us out this morning, Alo, Marcel and Jamilla as well.
Speaker 3: And big big shout out to you Harry as well. Thank you for being so open and for the conversation that you've opened as well.
Speaker 2: It's hats off to you. Thanks guys, appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Adelaide overal this weekend blues a take on Adelaide, makee good luck.
Speaker 4: We'll chat soon.
Speaker 2: Thanks everyone, having a good week.
Speaker 4: Harry McCay, Joiny's on the Eric Dover, Jason
Speaker 8: Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials,