Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us today.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey.
Speaker 2: And this is high Scroll as the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral or has you grouped, we're talking about it coming up.
Speaker 2: On this episode. It's been a big week on the internet, which we love because some weeks it's not. So we're doing things a little bit differently this week for you. We have a surprise. Some of you might love it, some of you might hate it.
Speaker 1: I think they're going to absolutely love it. This episode has been out of control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't care either way, okay, because it's our show, not yours. But I think without further ado, we should just get into it because there's no further explanation needed. Deal, mean, doll, let's go. Would you like to say you'relying, Brittany, because've forgotten that the last few weeks.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Matthew, Good morning, Hello scrollers, Welcome back to another episode of us doing mediocre and excited to be here.
Speaker 2: No, not life changing, nothing, Still not sure how we have an audience, but so grateful for it. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did we do to deserve?
Speaker 2: Honestly, we are here and living and thriving and obsessed. I actually have had a great week on the internet. I'll be honest with you. Sometimes we get together on a Monday morning or sometimes a Sunday night, and we go Now, nothing happens is what.
Speaker 1: We come in and then we record, and then as soon as we go home, like for the next twenty four hours, that's when everything good happens on the internet. We're like, for fox sake, and it's too late by the next week for us to talk about it. The universe is just out to get us sometimes. But like, if we can just talk about like nothing and people love it, like just absolute garbage for so, I feel like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I thought, because we had such a killer week, we actually came together to brainstorm what we're going to talk about for today's episode, and we actually had so many good ideas that I was like, how about we switch things up. We're doing something a little bit different today.
Speaker 1: Which you know I love doing. I love bending the rules, I.
Speaker 2: Know, and so today I thought what we could do for your scrollers is an entire episode of royal flushes back to back, because there have been so many good Royal Flushes of the Week this week that I could not pick, and I thought stuff at Britain Film all, so play the track or whatever whoever's edited something this week, hit it.
Speaker 4: Please be upstanding for the royal flush.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's time for our Royal flush of the week, best thing we've seen on the internet this week. But of course that thing will continue for the entire rest of the episode because it's been so many Getting straight into it, would you like me to go first?
Speaker 1: Fine, because I've got.
Speaker 2: One that's come off the back of something we're talking about not long ago. Remember we were talking about Pooh samples. When you turn fifty, you get the kit in the mail from the government or whoever sends it, and you've got a Pooh You've got to get a sample send it off.
Speaker 1: How does that work? I'm curious?
Speaker 2: Well, thankfully, viral flush is Have you ever had to do a Pooh sample? By the way, not fifty.
Speaker 1: Something might have happened, not the maginal.
Speaker 2: Pooh sample, but you know, sexual health checkups, I've got to put the swab up up my bum.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure you're going to get onto this about the Pooh sample, but I'm just curious because I've obviously never done a Pooh sample. But are you literally putting a cup down to your bum and poohing? Because what if the poo's too big and it overflows.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry to anyone listening to this out loud today. I'm just imagining someone's gone, hey, everyone, I've actually found this really good podcast. Let's play it out loud at work. Let's put it on the speakers at work and everyone can enjoy the diary. And here we are. We're not even four minutes into the bloody thing, and here we are going we're talking about Pooh samples. Now, look, it's a fact of life. We cover everything here at High Scrollers New and if it's trending, going viral, or has you gripped, we're talking about it. And this has had me gripped this week because I saw a demo video on TikTok and have a listen to this because there are a few little pointers I want to talk about here.
Speaker 4: Will we and flush the toilet. Then take one of the flushable toilet liners and lay it over the water in the toilet bowl. This will catch your poo. Once you have done a poo, the next step is to open the collection tube by twisting the green cap. Scrape the tip of the stick attached to the cap over different areas of the surface of the poo. You only need a tiny sample smaller than a grain of rice. Put the stick back into the collection tube and click the lid shut. Shake the tube up and down several times. Make sure you don't open it again.
Speaker 1: Like imagine his voice over artists recording that he's been kissing.
Speaker 2: Surely there are so many points to consider here. First of all, the fact they've got a demo video I absolutely love. The funniest part for me is they've had to get a voice actor to put on a voice like this so that they can connect with the men of Australia to get in there and scrape a sample of their poo because you can't have like because think about it, that's that's where my mind went. I went, imagine men manly Australian fifty year old man mother getting a video and a lady's going firstly, place the paper on the bottom of the toilet and do your poo. Men are gonna go the fucking guy. I'm not doing this stup. I'm not doing that. I'm not letting her tell me what to do. I'm not letting her woman tell me how to do my business on the toll So they've had to get a man in, and not only just a man saying place the paper down and do a pooh. He's there going DM Mike, Sure you don't you shake it, you don't pick it out again, like listen to his voice.
Speaker 4: The toilet and flash the toilet.
Speaker 2: Do away and flush the toilet. Mike, shure you flush it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what fun is. I think whoever was responsible for this, like this is the exact thoughts that they had that we need to get a rugged, manly bloke for this video.
Speaker 2: Just so that the men of Australia can relate and actually want to take the test, which I totally get and understand. And I'm not laughing at the fact that they've done it, but I'm also laughing at the fact that they've done it. Like I get, it's a really important thing that that men have to do, and I think women have to do it as well. Right, I'm not sure. I've never tried to think about this sort of stuff. I'll cross this bridge.
Speaker 1: I've ever tried to think about it.
Speaker 2: You should try, But I just think there's also obviously a video attached demonstration there. They've got nice little cartoon graphics showing the scrape of a grain of rice no more. And that answered some of your questions because you were saying, how does it work?
Speaker 1: So is that how poo samples have always worked? Like you poo onto a sheet across the toilet, apparently scrap like a grain of rice and not put in the container and shake, give it a shame. And I'll tell you what. The fact that they had to put in there, don't open it again like that means someone has and something's gone terribly wrong for them to put that disclaimer in there.
Speaker 2: So that was one of my royal flushes of the week.
Speaker 1: Your two, okay, Well mine is a bit more serious. I'm not very woo woo are you.
Speaker 2: In certain aspects? Yes, I believe in what goes around comes around. Arm things like that. I believe in some sort of paranormal activity, I guess, and ghost to an extent, but it depends what woo woo you're referring to. Actually, so we woo, I'm all about the horoscopes. I'm up. Yeah, I'm weo wo Okay, you're we wei.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say I'm not. But I do believe in like like kind of like manifesting, but not like just think of a hundred thousand dollars and you will get a hundred thousand dollars like a fuck that you have to work hard. Yeah, shut up. But I saw this one video and I forgot the bloody save it, but it just stuck with me. And this is just a little positive royal flush, something that I want all of us to practice, and I think something that I have subconsciously been practicing for like the last few years. And I would say that I used to not be this way anyway. I can't remember exactly what was said because I didn't fucking save it, but it was someone talking and they were saying that we should try to not ever say negative thoughts out loud because you will then like manifest that shit into your life. So that includes complaining out loud, winging about something, just always being down in the dumps out loud could never be me yeb And then they said, well.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't have a podcast to an extent.
Speaker 1: But and I fully, when I saw this video, I was like, yes, like one hundred percent because even just like bitching about people, gossiping, like talking negatively, it was just like a woo woo video. And they were saying like, if you put that negativity out of your mouth into the world, you're gonna attract that shit back. And then it got me thinking, I feel like I used to, like back in the day, maybe when I was like a teenager or early twenties, I would like complain a lot and whinge about things. And I reckon, it's so fucking true because now I don't know why, like I haven't made the decision to do it, but I feel like now I basically don't complain about anything, or I try to, like even if I've got a million things on, like I'm never like oh fuck, like works fucking busy and this and that, Like I just try to be positive about everything, no matter how hectic life is or no matter who's doing what at work or whatever, like it's so easy fresh' Like, oh, for fuck's sake, these girls at work, I wish they would just do this and that. But I feel like I've subconsciously been practicing only speaking positively. And I know that's like very wi will and like lame, but I think it's fucking true and I believe in it, and so my thing, like for this royal flush is try to do that. Okay, try not to complain out loud all the time. You can still think negative things and whatever, but try not to project it out into the world, because I honestly believe in that. And I know people in my life that are constantly negative, constantly winging, never fucking satisfied, and their life is always shit.
Speaker 2: Dear me, not you.
Speaker 1: We can whinge about things on the pod and have a rant, but I just mean, like people that just winge in day to day life and everything annoys them. Everything's a problem. You're fucking manifesting that negativity. And so when I saw that, I was like, yes, I'm gonna keep trying to never complain about anything, give or take. Yes, shit happens, and we go, fuck this is, but you know, it's just a really good positive little woo woo video.
Speaker 2: I saw positive little woo woo video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so to all of you out there, stop fucking complaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least stop saying it out loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I have the thought be frustrated, but get out of a habit, because I just feel like it's so easy for us to just comesant be like oh this, that and the others wrong. Try and flip it around, yeah, and see what comes out of it. So that's my positive royal flush. Back to you, Matth.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Greg got another one for you. This one's fun and it's a little shout out for a small business.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: They're called the Gypsy Loop. That's uh, that's spelt gyp s a. Yeah, gypsy Loop. I saw this video on TikTok and didn't have many likes. I don't think the page has many followers. This might be a really really small business. Think. She's an Australian woman and basically you know how you've This is more of an issue for you girls or men with long hair. You've got your hair ties right, and then you hair tie, you take your hair tie off, where do you put it? You put it around your wrist right. But then you might be out or whatever and you get a nice photo with your friends and boom, you've got your ugly hair tie around your wrist.
Speaker 1: See I've never wore hair ties on my wrist because I have really wide wrists and ankles like I've got like cankles, and so it cuts my circulation. Oh ok, but anyway, God, you.
Speaker 2: Might need a gypsy loop, darling, because what a gypsy loop is is a stunning gold or silver bangle bracelet that goes around like a cuff bracelet sort of thing. And we've got to go Google Girl to show.
Speaker 1: You gypsy loop.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's got like an indent in it. It's hard to explain on a podcast, but if you if you go on and look it up, the gold bangle is actually a little travel companion for your hair tie. And what you do is you put the hair tie around the bengal and then you're wearing this gorgeous gold bangle with the hair tie in the middle of it. And one, it's not cutting off your circulation, and two it looks cute in photos.
Speaker 1: That is very smart. I want to look it up right now.
Speaker 2: I saw that and I was I don't know. You grab it, you grab how much they are. But I saw that and I was like, that is one of the most genius things and such a good solution to a problem that I was like, that's bloody fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can see. Okay, so there are one hundred and nineteen dollars. Oh shit, there's three sizes, but I'm getting it's eighteen carrot gold plated.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough? Fair enough, fair enough, I mean, and I don't want to shot. I don't want to shit on a small business's prices. Like you can charge whatever you were I did not.
Speaker 1: It's eighteen carrot gold plates.
Speaker 2: Okay, is the silver one any cheaper?
Speaker 1: Let me see? No, it's no the same. So it's an actual gold bangle. And then yeah, your hair tye sits inside it. That is really clever.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's high quality. It's gonna last you a long time. And as I said, no, no shade to the business. You can charge whatever you like. I'm of the believer that a business can charge whatever they like.
Speaker 1: Were you thinking it was going to be like two dollars?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I was thinking I was thinking thirty to forty. But I mean I didn't, you know, I would personally spend like thirty to forty dollars if I wanted to solve that problem. But I guess if you like, if it is, I mean, that would be a good investment for someone, right, Yeah, one hundred and twenty bucks. You pay it once. You've got to be a gold bangal for.
Speaker 1: That friend that always has a hair tie around their fucking wrisk.
Speaker 2: And think of yeah, that's right, it's a nice yeah.
Speaker 1: And let's be real hair ties. Do you ruin a fucking outfit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? One? And so at a wedding you're wearing the gold bangle with the gorgeous with the hair tie in it, no one can tell. And then later on in the wedding you're taking the hair tie out and you can put your hair up like it's like for those sorts of events and things like that. I just thought it was such a genius solution to a problem that so many people would have. And I was like, roh, Flash of the Body Week and the lady who runs it seems like a top bitch. She seems awesome.
Speaker 1: Shout out to you the Blonde Nomads, they're the founders.
Speaker 2: If Tracy is the one in the in the videos, like I didn't look too Tracey is awesome. Love her energy, love her var She just seemed like such a nice person and I was like, good on you. So if you want a gypsy loop, go for your life.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got a funny one. But it's not really something I saw on the internet, something I saw in Newcastle.
Speaker 2: Okay, doesn't matter, who cares. We've the rules enough already. Okay, just talk your shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, my next royal flush. But I completely forgot Matt. I was going to drive past it like today because I wanted to double check what I saw if it was true.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's.
Speaker 1: Going to be embarrassing, Like I feel like when I go home to Newcastle, I want to go there today to confirm that it's true. Just do it, Okay, I'm going to do it, because if it's not this really embarrassing, I.
Speaker 2: Said so much on this podcast that has turned out to be false. It's fine. I don't want them.
Speaker 1: I don't want them to like contact us. Okay, I'm going to say this now and I'm gonna I'm gonna fucking go past.
Speaker 2: Just put it allegedly at the front save yourself.
Speaker 1: On the way home, allegedly, I'm going to go past and check. Okay, I'm going to fact check. I drove past a pub in Newcastle the other day and I had to double fucking take. I'm pretty sure I saw on the outside window. You know, pubs have like signs all around the outside, were like this Friday night, so and so these specials chicken snitty and whatever. I am ninety percent sure and hopefully still there, because it's one of those chalk ones that it said happy hour eight am till ten am. I shit you not? No, yeah, I shit you not. Let's look it.
Speaker 2: Up eight am till ten am.
Speaker 1: But a pub's even open at that time?
Speaker 2: Well not usually? But was this? Oh okay? So the only thing that gets me here is are you one hundred percent certain it was eight till ten.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure because I remember a J and I looking at it and going, what the fuck my thing is?
Speaker 2: Eight till ten pm? Wait?
Speaker 1: Can we call them?
Speaker 2: That's a week? Oh yeah, let's do it. I'll get him on the I'll get him on the I'll get him on the.
Speaker 1: Say when they say yes, no, I'll say, see what time is your happy hour? On weekdays. I'm pretty sure it was a weekday.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Bo if it's.
Speaker 2: Wrong, Okay, be quiet, I'm calling fuck up.
Speaker 1: I'm scared, bleap out using that business.
Speaker 2: Hi. I was just wondering what time your happy hour Isay, we only had it in the morning from a A and I am okay, perfect, that's all good, thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You, thanks, I'm plum.
Speaker 2: You. I told you what is going on. I don't know what is going on? Hour at eight am? And the way she just said it so casually, eight am, ten am. Imagine look pilates at seven and a beer at eight, Like, let's.
Speaker 1: Go, we only do it in the morning, not you cooling somewhere.
Speaker 2: I shook at that. I honestly thought something's gone wrong. But as I was saying, my mind went like, maybe they mean maybe they've written eight am to ten pop.
Speaker 1: I thought of this last night and then I thought, I'm going to leave early today and I'm going to go to that pub and I'm going to check because I swear aight. And I was like, what the fuck? But it was nighttime that we saw it, and I just couldn't be sure.
Speaker 2: But there you go.
Speaker 1: That's my Royal flush even though it's not something else were on the internet. I saw Reese Maas and there who I saw on the internet.
Speaker 2: So therefore, why would love for them that pub to if this does get back to them, which every time we talk about something like this, it does get back to them, So I'm assuming, but I would actually like to just dive deeper into that conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna hate me. That can never be seen there again because.
Speaker 2: My thing is like I mean, on a maybe.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be banned for exposing them, but you're not.
Speaker 2: Exposing it's a fucking hilarious thing to have written on the look.
Speaker 1: Look, it's it's a person everything.
Speaker 2: Person who listens to this podcast is going to be like, why the fuck is a happy hour at eight am till ten am? We all want to know the answer to this question.
Speaker 1: So if it gets no, I'm scared they're going to ban me.
Speaker 2: They're not going to ban you when we haven't said anything bad about it. We haven't said any we're not slandering the business. We don't care how you run your.
Speaker 1: Life like that, pub Yeah, we don't care how you.
Speaker 2: Run the business. We love you, but I need to know what decision went into making and also how popular is an eight am other people coming in for a housewine at one am? Because I need to get them on the pod. Those patrons need to.
Speaker 1: Go there and do a high scrollers at eight am happy hour, you know what.
Speaker 2: I genuinely will because that is like so insane to me. Yeah, an eight am happy hour, which also begs the question, like I wonder how they surely there's like I mean, obviously it's legal if they're doing it, but like I don't.
Speaker 1: My pubs will open at eight am. I thought they would open it like just before lunchtime, yeah, or like ten Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like the the liquor licensing around that and sort of things like that. So my mind goes and it's nothing against the pub, the venue.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 2: I just want to know, like the thought process behind that, how successful is the happy hour because the thing is as well, you get let's talk about it from an actual business perspective. You put on a happy hour one in your quieter hour, which obviously eight tril ten am would be quiet, I get it. Why do like total four No, but you put in a happy hour from like let's say five to six because you hope that people come and have a few drinks and then they're like, well we may as well stay for dinner and then get.
Speaker 1: More drinks with it to h by the way everyone.
Speaker 2: And it's like it gets people in the door, and then you know they hopefully spend more money elsewhere. I also learned recently total other tangent. But while we're on this kind of business aspect, Mike, I'm having deja's ville. I feel like I might have said this on the pod, and stop me if I have. But Big W is a really place. Is the place to get like the cheapest books you can. Like, you know, you've got your obviously your big bookstores, and then you've got like anywhere that sells a book. It can be you know, on average, thirty dollars for a book, but Big W sometimes has books for twelve dollars, eighteen dollars. It's a lot cheaper than everything else. And I actually learned that Big W can charge less for books because they take a cut on the books. They actually hardly make a profit, if at all, I think, on selling books in Big W. But they hope that you will come to buy a book and then buy other things in the store that are marked up high.
Speaker 1: That's true, and they have said that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So similarly to a happy hour, they go, well, we'll give them, you know, hardly any profit on the drinks for an hour in the hopes that they stay and have dinner and drinks and then maybe you.
Speaker 1: Know, what's the goal with it being at eight in the morning, like you just w That's what I'm saying, play the pokey yeah that morning.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, is it doesn't make sense to me eight till ten a you.
Speaker 1: Reckon that lady just thought on the phone. Then when you rang to ask that, well.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't, I don't. I think she might get that all the time. That could be even though it was not on the internet. That could be one of the best royal flushes we've been done so well. So far, we've got Pooh Pubs and I'm moving on to pizza because I've got a royal flush for you that I sat like that actually divided the internet and we might put in our broadcast channel a little vote on I guess what people think of this and whether you agree or not, And I want to know if you agree Brittany. I saw a video of this lady with a frozen pizza sitting on the counter in front of her, and she says to the camera, you know, you can just cut one slice of pizza from a frozen pizza and chuck it in the air fryer, right, And she cuts just one triangle piece of the pizza, the frozen pizza on the bench, and then obviously she's putting the frozen pizza back in the freezer, and just that one slice she's cut, she puts that in the air fryer and cooks that for ten minutes and eats it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Fucking genius? Yeah, fucking genius. But the internet hates it? What yeh? Like? This made me so uncomfortable. This is so wrong.
Speaker 1: Like at this game, we thought to you saying, this is who is only eating one slice? My thought is I'm having the whole pizza. If I'm eating a pizza, I eat the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I know, me too. And I literally got Dominoes the other day and I was like, well, I'd better get too. And then I've.
Speaker 1: Eaten two pizzas before in one sitting.
Speaker 2: Two garlic bed a couple of chios on the side, the soft drink. It's all happening. I just can I just say I love Domino.
Speaker 1: I love it, I love I love pants. That's my favorite. Or the cheeses che crust.
Speaker 2: I almost did double decadence the other day, which is when they put the layer of cheese in between m Yeah, but I didn't want to risk it, so I just stuck with Matrue and tried cheesy crust.
Speaker 1: I love the cheesy crust.
Speaker 2: If anyone's interested, not that you are, but I will let you know. My order is a meat lover's, which I miss that it's no longer called metasaurus. It hasn't been called meatosaurus since like two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say when.
Speaker 2: I just I just miss it being called metasaurus. I think that's so camp. Get the meat lovers with a cheesy crust. Then get it just simply cheese pizza, but swap the sauce, no tomato sauce. You put in cram fresh on it, okay, cramp fresh, and then you're simply cheese. And then you can even sometimes add extra cheese just to make it really cheesy. With a cheesy crust as well, yeah, because I used to get like a cheesy garlic bread or even that there is a cheesy garlic pizza. But unfortunately I can't have garlic anymore these days as I've gotten older, my stomach just I don't know, my digestive system will not tolerate garlic. Same with onions. Garlic, I'm okay without onions.
Speaker 1: I love garlic anything like garlic bread or whatever. But I'm so self conscious of having garlic breath that I like avoid it because I don't want to eat it at like lunch, and then I'm like talking to someone in their face with fucking garlic breath. That's a good insult. By the way, if someone's ever pissing you off and they're talking to you, just say radio garlic breath and walk away. Imagine how self conscious you would be.
Speaker 2: Like when did I eat garlic? Three?
Speaker 1: I can eat garlic, Just go ridio garlic breath.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know I've got something. I'm going to expose my mom here, Sorry mum, but I'm going to expose my mom because when I was younger, my okay, so my mom was one of those moms who like would tell me, oh no, you can't have one of those, Sweety, like a melting moments. She loves a melting moment. I love a melting moment, So that was like my mum's thing. My mom would like splash. It would be a big deal for my mom to get melting moments, and I wasn't allowed to have any, and I wanted one so bad because they look so good, and she'd always go, oh, no, Sweety, you can't have these. It has it has liqueur in it. Yeah, they've got it's got alcohol in it, so you're not allowed to have it.
Speaker 1: That's like.
Speaker 2: That because they've got alcohol in it. There's no alcohol in a melting moment. But she would say that so that I wouldn't have one as a child.
Speaker 1: It's selfish, I know.
Speaker 2: But another thing that she would do, speaking of garlic, is my mom and dad would go out for the night, have a big party, whatever, and then I would get baby sat or whatever. And then I remember, I would like wake up in the middle of the night to my mom vomiting in the toilet, and or maybe the next morning as well, and I'd be like, Mummy, are you okay? And my mom would go, yes, sweetie, I just had a bit of garlic. Last night, I had some garlic prawns. I think there was some garlic in the food that I ate, And she went my whole childhood behungover, being hungover, and I thought she was allergic to garlic. My mother is not allergic to garlic.
Speaker 1: She just had hilarious She just had a big night on the wine.
Speaker 2: So in her defense, I think that's pretty fucking iconic. And to any any of the parents out there whom I need to use that excuse, there's one for you, because I look back down and go, that is so smart of my mom to be like, yes, sorry, sweetie, I'm allergic to garlic. She was. Haven't garlic bread? Every second night?
Speaker 1: I always wonder because basically, like AJ is the only friend in his friend group that has no kids, and or there's like two of them left. And I always think, like, I take my hat off to all of you parents that go out and have fun and like get on the wines or whatever, and then you're hungover the next day, but you have to parent because I can't, Like I can't function, Like when you feel sick or got a massive headache or whatever, how do you fucking do it?
Speaker 2: And my thing is as well. And I'm not shaming anyone who's had a kid. Don't care when you have a kid, don't care when you have a kid. I love you, and you do you. But I sit here and I look at my life as a thirty year old, and I think to myself, I was twenty one and my friends were having kids. Their kids are nine fucking years old. Can you imagine having a nine year old child right now, Brittany, Because I can't think of anything worse, Like God bless you, and I'm so happy for you, and I love that that's what you've done with your life, and that's the decision you've made, and you have a beautiful family. To all my friends who have had kids young, like my friend, some of my friends had kids at nineteen twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, whatever it is, I go because as a thirty year old, I think like a newborn to three years old, I could tolerate that, but I feel like a child still, and I'm sending my nine year old off to what's that year? Three, year two? I don't know at year five, I don't know how old they are. And I'm going I still look at the I go to the do the groceries and I go I think, do I have an have time to drink this milk before it goes off?
Speaker 1: I can't even find you just change when you become a parent, Like that just kicks in, like I'm the same as you, Like I feel like a child myself right now, and like how the fuck could I look after a nine year old right now? But I think when you're in the scenario, like you just have no choice, Like you just got to do it and be a parent, even though you feel like twelve years old yourself. Yeah, but I just I know and again you just do it. But like being hungover and having a kid like running around and come and wake you up, Like when I've had a big night out, I just like in bed all the next day. Yeah, do you still do that when you're a parent?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You just Elliot's skin here?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Can you come in and tell us you speak from experience?
Speaker 2: Mother in the house?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mother is here, Mother is here. I have a four year old and a seven year old, And like they don't go away when you have a hangover, so they're just there being annoying. They'll come in and wake you up, so that'll be the alarm clock. It sucks. Do you just feel even more sick?
Speaker 2: Like, you know, do they get it? Like do they come in and go and you go go away? And do they go away or do they go Mammy, I want my first come and make me something.
Speaker 1: It depends on the age, because you said before you could have a newborn to two year old or three year old, but that's actually the hardest age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like I'm so preoccupied with them. I've got no time to go out, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought you meant like you could have a hangover with like a one year old.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Old, Like they've got iPads, Okay, if they wanted to, they're a bit more. They like they can look after themselves a little bit.
Speaker 2: See, my mind was more the grand scheme of things, because I'm going newborn to three years old. You're in a playpen and you're entertaining. You know, A newborn's in one of those bungee things, the bungie swings, jumping.
Speaker 1: Up and downy jumper.
Speaker 2: They're fucking sorted. A nine year old I got to take it a soccer practice tice awake soccer on the weekends. She do a netball in summer, crecken in autumn, winter in spring, whatever the fuck? You know what I mean? Then she got actually all the sleepovers and their friends, and she's got after school activity. You's got to drop her school, pick her up, wait for the buss. Whatever the fuck? I can't you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I've done a few hangovers where you're standing in the middle of flip.
Speaker 2: Out, no.
Speaker 1: No, no fresh air. But how do you function? Because like I can't, Like I don't really get that hungover, but I just feel like shit. The next day, I got a headache and I just don't feel myself. Like how do you then go out and do activities?
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know.
Speaker 1: But like I sit here and you say, I don't feel like I could do that, but you just do it. Imagine that you could run a company with true sixty employees, but somehow you just like.
Speaker 2: Muddle you way through it, and then the days done, you get take away for dinner and everyone's in there and it's over, and then work the next day and all I do it all over again. Wow. Oh of insight there From producer Ellie, thank you for being here. I appreciate that. That was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we brit wit.
Speaker 2: How did we even get onto that pizza?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there's nothing wrong with chopping up a pizza in the air. And that's the you know, when it comes down to it, that is what we mean. There's nothing wrong with slicing up some pizza and put in the air fry. My only thing is put the whole fucking thing in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I made so much food for my friend and I the other night. It was Friday night. We were like, do we breats? Do we not? Blah blah? And I was like, can we just use up some of the shit in my freezer. I've got just random shit, let's just do it. I had a pizza in the oven. I had two chicken snitzels hash browns. I was like, do I chuck in some spring rolls? And I just wanted to use everything in the featsa in the in the freezer and I just put the banquet of fried food in the oven. Yeah, and I love my air fry. Remember, I was like, I can't remember the last time I used my oven, and I was all about the air fryer. But I will say it being so small, like, that's the reason I had to use the oven, because how am I fitting all the pizza in, the chicken minzels and everything in there? And god, we ate it all and oh my god, it was beautiful to just have an array of so many cuisines and delicacies. And so this is your sign this week to use up whatever you've got in your freezer and just have a so much small gaspard. Yeah, love that dude. Put it all in and you know what cooking times, throw them out the window. Okay. The chicken sensils were twenty eight minutes, the pizza was twenty The spring whars with this one? Was it two hundred and ten degrees? One was one eighty. I just sort of put it in the middle, averaged it all out, checked to the chicken wasn't pink, and we were good to go. Okay.
Speaker 1: See, well on that topic of ovens and air fries. And I know I've already said this, but as you know, Aj and I are renovating our house and we've got all new appliances that are going in the oven that we got. I don't know what brand it is. It could be Smeg oven, not one hundred percent not one hundred percent short, but it is an air fryer oven. And I'm like, does that not just show I have already said this on the podcast, I can't remember, I know, does that not just show that, like an oven and the air fry is the same thing. But apparently it's got like air fryer setting an oven setting. But what's the difference.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the actual difference is neither.
Speaker 1: I'll let you all know once.
Speaker 2: Go google girl, We're going to google difference between.
Speaker 1: Or even typing like smeg oven, air fryer.
Speaker 2: Press escape, Darling, press escape on the keyboard. There we go.
Speaker 1: So we're going oven air fryer, No, just typing?
Speaker 2: What is we want the difference? Right? We want what is the difference between oven and air fryer?
Speaker 1: I think an air fry is just quicker. An air fryer can be thought of as a sort of mini convection oven. Both appliances use a fan to circulate heated air throughout the cooking cavity. However, they are different. A convection oven has a larger capacity, and air frying optimizes the cooking environment for crispy fried results. It's like the same fucking thing. I feel like an air fry is just smaller and gets hot or quicker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it just gets the job done, less clean up, less to worry about. You don't have to wait for a preheat either.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm wondering with I haven't used this new oven yet, obviously, but will I turn it on and be like, h like hot straight away? Or do I have to wait?
Speaker 2: There you go, air fryer is actually better? For where did I just see that? Wait? Just go back to Google for me, because it did have the answer just there here. It says an air fryer is an in convention blah blah blah blah. It wicks moisture off better and thus better gives better browning. So I think you're in an air fry getting crispier, maybe a little dryer. Because what's interesting is I have some chicken. It's like protein chicken, and the it's protein chicken. Chicken is protein, but the coating on it is a protein as well. And I think these settings are like air fryer twelve minutes, oven twenty five. So it was like, that's so strange, but it's because to dry it out and cook it. You might need longer in an oven. It sounds like anyway, who cares?
Speaker 1: Honestly, Well, let's get onto the last Royal Flush of this Mega Royal Flush episode. Again, this was a TikTok I saw. I don't know if I saved it, but it was really quick and simple. I think it was actually two other people talking on a podcast. They said, all this girl said that people can only be cool or popular. You can't be both.
Speaker 2: Oh, you think about this on a second.
Speaker 1: So what are we if you can't be both?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're not cool.
Speaker 1: You don't reckon.
Speaker 2: We're not cool, Brittany, We've never been cool. We have never been cool.
Speaker 1: I think other people would say otherwise, you reckon. Some people would think we're so cool.
Speaker 2: I reckon you, not me. I don't reckon. Anyone looks at me and goes, he's so cool. Honestly, think about that, Britton, have never come. I'd rather be popular. You can make more money, you can count on more people, You've got more things at your service solo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool gives almost unapproachable, unachievable, unrelatable popular. You're popular for.
Speaker 1: Oh it's hard because yeah, cool or.
Speaker 2: Popular can you be I'm trying to think of someone in life who is cool and popular flex mummy.
Speaker 1: So true, she's cool and popular.
Speaker 2: So true.
Speaker 1: That's the first person I thought of. Maybe she's the exception, but apparently you can't be both. Who do you think is cool and popular? Okay, Kylie Minogue? Is she cool or popular? Oh? Yeah, she's not cool, whereas like Charlie XCX is cool but she's also popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, this is what I mean. But then in the grand scheme of things, what is popular? Because in retrospect, Charlie XCX is a huge artist, but nowhere near the level of pop some of those pop stars out there. So my thing is like she's cool, and yes she's popular, she's got millions of fans. I get it. But like, in the grand scheme of things, is she cool because she's not as popular as everyone else?
Speaker 1: Someone that you know, or like a famous influencer that's just cool, just.
Speaker 2: Cool and not popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, obviously they're going to be popular because they're an influencer. But who is someone that's just straight up cool? If you had to pick, See, this is the thing.
Speaker 2: I think it's different because with I wouldn't do you have anyone in mind, because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would say Matilda Jerf.
Speaker 2: I'll look her up.
Speaker 1: She's like a in the UK or something. I don't think she's even from the UK. I don't know where she's from. But Jurf Avenue. She owns this brand and it's very cool and she's cool. She's obviously very popular. But I would three million followers, but I would say she's cool.
Speaker 2: So she's cool and popular.
Speaker 1: But you can't be both.
Speaker 2: But I thought you were, but you can. Are you saying you can't though?
Speaker 1: That's what these people said?
Speaker 2: Oh? So were we agreeing or disagree? I'm can fused here.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've gone off track because she is. What you're saying is.
Speaker 1: She's popular and cool. She strikes me as cool.
Speaker 2: Right, but she's also popular. So haven't we just debunked what those people say?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Probably you can be both, but we are not cool?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the scrollers would disagree and they'll say we are both really cool.
Speaker 2: I've never been cool. No, I'm happy to never be cool. I've been popular my whole life, Like I've always attracted a crown, if you know what I mean. Like I've always been able to, you know, walk through life.
Speaker 1: Walk down the street, and have a swarm of people around you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, though, I just don't walk into a room and make friends with anyone, and and blah blah blah class clown vibes. Not that I was a class clown in high school because I was too busy getting fucking bully. But like later in life, I feel popular describes me more than cool. I don't see myself being cool. I'm quite tacky.
Speaker 1: Staggy, Yeah, daggy.
Speaker 2: There's always you look at me, wear something stunning, but there's always a something off, isn't there? And I love that for me. I love just being a little bit unpolished. I think that's good. I think people who are too polished are scary, actually scare me. I need a little bit of vulnerability. I need a little bit of realism. And so I love, you know, getting all old up. It's all fucking gorgeous. I look absolutely fucking heart but you know, if you look closer, it's a bit daggers. It's a bit wild. Yeah, And I love that.
Speaker 1: Yet wait, I don't know if it's a joke or it feels a story behind it. But you send me a photo of a pair of heels one day eight years ago and you were like, I got these, but I don't like them? Do you bot them? And that was so ugly? But was there was that? Like was there something else behind the reason that you did that? I remember I wrote back. I was like, is this a prank?
Speaker 2: Now? It's probably genuinely being nice?
Speaker 1: And I was like, they are ugly, remember, like a diamon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I actually genuinely thought you'd like them.
Speaker 1: I thought you were pranking me because was when you had your old podcast need to do pranks all the time, right, Like, is this a prank? That would be daggy?
Speaker 2: Maybe it sounds like something I do, but I actually can't remember that it was years ago. But no, everything's just a little mismatched with me. But that's my entire personality. I love that. I love it. Oh my god. So I think we've determined you actually can. It can be very popular, but it's very rare. Like Mummy is one, he's cool and popular. I feel I feel I'm happy and safe being just cool No.
Speaker 1: Just popular?
Speaker 2: True? So true?
Speaker 1: Do you think you're cool?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we're both popular. Not cool because if you be an idiot on social media, you're not cool. No, because you're not afraid to just be an idiot.
Speaker 2: What even warrant's cool?
Speaker 1: Like someone that just has an image that they want to keep and they don't steer away from it, and they have a certain look and vibe and aesthetic and they really stick to it. Yeah, and don't ever show who they really are. Yeah, that's like what gives off cool vibes to me. But it's all probably just a facade, right, and someone with not much personality.
Speaker 2: See, those people also get famous and get popular, true, but it's all a show. I think maybe those people who were talking on this podcast, I haven't seen the clip, but perhaps they just meant like in high school or maybe taking away from social like because if we take this aspect of social media out of it, think about high school. No, the cool girls were the popular girls. The cool girls were the popular ones.
Speaker 1: I don't know, let's not think too deeply into it.
Speaker 2: I just saw you. No, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: With a burning question mat right on this topic of thinking deeply and critically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well I'm going to go away and I'm going to think about this.
Speaker 1: I've got a question for yeah, okay, yeah, leave you with something.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I thought the question was the question like.
Speaker 1: Thinking about who we are? If you strip away all of your successes and all of your accomplishments and like all the things that you do, where does your worth lie?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What are you without all your accomplishments?
Speaker 2: Almost nothing, which is fucked I know, but also who cares?
Speaker 1: Xander asked me that earlier, and I was like, that's a good fucking question, because I'm nothing without everything that I do. Who are we without all the things that we do?
Speaker 2: Shit? Maybe we need to take this conversation to a close friend's episode because I'm not sure I'm ready to get that deep. God, I hate thinking that's my brain same you just no, I'm just quietly having an existential crisis over here because I'm going my whole life for the last ten years. If you took that away, what are you? Well, I've got no fucking clue do I exactly?
Speaker 1: So we maybe need to do some deep diving into who we really are outside of the work.
Speaker 2: And the accomplishy that I could die tomorrow. I'm not gonna waste time thinking about all this? Who cares? Se la v life, your short life goes on. Let's wrap this shit up.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that's another episode done and dusted. I hope everyone has had a good laugh, and I hope you're also now questioning what are you without your accomplishments? Anyway? Do all the things? Please? Like, comment, subscribe, share, rate five stars. We haven't said that for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, someone's having lunch in the NOV office.
Speaker 1: I can spell coffee. Do you know that Nova has free pies for their staff every day here?
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: I had one in here the other day?
Speaker 2: What time? All day?
Speaker 1: They've got pie?
Speaker 2: Get me there right now? What's going on?
Speaker 1: I had one the other day in here? And they're really good?
Speaker 2: The Carlos. Oh yeah, I'm sorry. We've been here over a year and I am got week No, So where are they? No? Okay, we're going to have to figure that out.
Speaker 1: Pie warmers all around the whole offices, am I right?
Speaker 2: Just one?
Speaker 1: Just one just here in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: I'm going to verify this talk amongst yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, do all the things, yeah, do all the things. Thanks for listening. Matt's quite literally gone to go and find a pie. They do that for their staff, and I thought, you know what, I need to do this for our Fate staff at the warehouse and office. We need to have pie warmers and get a local pie company to deliver pies every day. I think they've got sausage rolls as well. By the way, no one else is in here right now, I could say whatever the fuck they that I want. Everyone go and shop at www dot faitthlabel dot com. Please if you haven't follow me, follow Fate, join our Fate Society Facebook group. What else can I promote? I've got some lip boils coming out soon. Matt still is in back, so I'm just sitting. I'm literally in here myself. I could say anything I want, although they might not put it in. It might not make the cut. But Hannah, you're editing this in the future, please leave all of this in. I'm hoping Matt's about to walk back in with some pies, preferably with some tomato sauce, because that'd be great. And I think I need to get this for the warehouse and the office. You know what, I'm gonna make it happen. I'm promising all of you here in this podcast. I'm gonna make it happen. Okay, they're taking forever. I'm just gonna stop talking now for a little bit. This has turned into a fucking monologue. But to be honest, Matt does a lot of monologues in the podcast. So I feel like now this is my time to shine, and this is my podcast. High Scrollers, Britney Saunders, no one else, no other co hosts. I thought he'd be fucking back by now. Anyway, I hope you've all had a good day. I'm just stretching this out as far as it can go. Hannah is going to be pissing herself editing this. I can just tell what is taking them so long to get some pies. I just know he's going to storm back in with the pie. So I'm keeping this conversation going. It's honestly been at least two minutes, and that the pie warmer is just around the corner. Anyway, what else can I say? I don't have much else to say. I think I've said all the things I've told you to do, all the things shop on Fate, visit one of our stores. We've got stores everywhere. Now, we've got Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane. Paramatta's coming soon.
Speaker 2: What do you.
Speaker 1: Gott I've just been talking that whole time to myself. Oh, he's got pies.
Speaker 2: I want a cup of tomato sawce, I said, I hope you got that breath first of all scrollers.
Speaker 1: I just talked that whole time to myself.
Speaker 2: Let me get, let me get, let me catch my breath first and foremost. The kitchen is a lot further away.
Speaker 1: Where're just around the corner.
Speaker 2: No, we just sprinted. We've just sprinted all the way to the to the kitchen can confirm the pies are there and they're free.
Speaker 1: I just said on this pod, I'm going to get this for the Fate warehouse and office. I'm going to have a pie warmer every day.
Speaker 2: ASMR pie.
Speaker 1: That's a sausage role.
Speaker 2: Here we go, ASMR pie.
Speaker 1: I was really hoping you would bring back tomato sauce. I just said that I got.
Speaker 2: Tomato sauce, so we can we can share both, or I just thought you could pick one. I would prefer the pie. I think though, we can cut them in half.
Speaker 1: But the rule is you cannot leave any crumbs in this studio. I've been told, Oh really, we'll eat it out.
Speaker 2: We'll eat it out there, then we'll go and sit in the sun. It's a beautiful day out here. Okay, we've got a pie each.
Speaker 1: I just did a big monologue. That's got to stay the way that I.
Speaker 2: This has changed my life. You don't understand every single week I will be getting a pie from there.
Speaker 1: If he gets and he's like, yeah, some weeks I have a pie every day. I'm getting one for the warehouse and office right now. And do you just get these pies like delivered from this company. I'm getting that cool a J. Garlos. I'm telling him we're getting it. Get a pie warm now.
Speaker 2: I gifted Garlos pies at the office. Oh my goodness, what a what a moment.
Speaker 1: Well, I've told everyone to do every Thanks for that. We're gonna go eat some pies and sausage rolls now. So see you all later.
Speaker 2: Anyway, tell her better. Let you go, say I am. I've got to get to a happy hour.