Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At? Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your Head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes. I'm Anna and I'm Matt.
Speaker 1: Let's jump in. Hello Matt, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: Good morning everyone in Good morning Anna. I just wanted to start off today though, by saying a massive thank you for everyone about last week's episode. You haven't already listened to go back. I had a very honest, raw chat with you about my relationship with Jen and my mental health and all that sort of stuff, and the feedback from you guys is absolutely amazing. And that's why I love doing this, because we have such a like our audience. I feel so connected to them like they I'd heaps of messages. I'm sorry if I haven't replied to yours. There's obviously a lot, and it has been an overwhelming week with that episode coming out, and I'd like to thank everyone. We've got the Facebook group heeps of people who have open conversations there, So if you're not on that, jump on that. And it also just as just go to show the audience that we have. People have literally messaged Jen to message her and see if she's all right. So like that's just how sweet you guys are, and like I really appreciate it, So thank you.
Speaker 1: You've also opened up a conversation about ADHD and a lot of people have been able to relate to that.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, I think ADHD for like my generation, your generation, our generation in general was, and once before us was, it wasn't really spoken about as when we were kids. It was sort of like, and this sounds bad, but this is my opinion of it. It was like that guy in the corner of the classroom that had like attention, like he would crack it at the smallest things and was always getting into it.
Speaker 1: Fro the taboo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was just like a kid that would get in trouble all the time. And it wasn't. But there's so many traits and layers to it you don't understand. And I think now with social media and the platforms like this where people can openly talk about it, it's getting a lot more understanding. And people are recognizing it a lot more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our friends Matt and Tim are down in Melbourne from Sydney and we had lunch with them. We actually had so much fun that day. Anyway. They were also talking about how ADHD is a spectrum, so you know, you can have a few traits, you can have like a middle amount, or you can really be at the end of the spectrum. And everyone kind of experiences it differently, but so many people have it, and I think the conversations that have taken place and people have started talking about it, you know, even on TikTok talking about the traits they have of ADHD, it has kind of made people question and think a little bit. And when you can relate to traits like that, you're like, wait do I Even even with you talking about it, We've had a conversation where I was like, I could have it. I could have a mild version of it.
Speaker 2: It's different in women as well compared to men. The trait you were telling me that, yeah, they I don't know what the word would be. They don't flare up, but they show differently through women.
Speaker 1: And when you're saying it's a lot harder for women to get a diagnosis of ADHD compared to men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think it's very not undetectable, but like the traits, you can't recognize it as clear as clear as with a blow. Yeah. I don't know, maybe we're just not as stuff and yeah, no.
Speaker 1: But it is interesting and we are definitely going to continue these conversations that, as we've said, has been seeing his psychologists, and if he does get the diagnosis, he's obviously going to let you guys know, definitely touch on how ADHD affects relationships and traits it maybe some of our listeners can look out for who could potentially have ADHD. So it's definitely an interesting conversation that we will delve way deeper into, but we're just waiting for that diagnosis. Matt, how's your weekend been?
Speaker 2: Well? It started off with a long, heavy lunch with yourself and our good friends. Like you mentioned before, Matt and Tim went down to the Gilson had some apparoles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the food there is divine if you are in Melbourne. The pepperoni and honey pizza. It sounds gross to me at least, but once I tried it, I was like hooked.
Speaker 2: It's so good. Was the octopus as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good. Actually, funny thing was, so Matt picked me up because he was actually driving, and I got in the car and I was literally in the car for five minutes before Matt noticed that I had completely chopped all of my hair off. Like he was so enthralled in his own chat and he was like blah blah blah blah blah, and then he looked at me and he went, you've cut your hair.
Speaker 2: No, I said, nice hair. Yeah. Look, you know how many times I don't notice that sort of stuff straight away. It's not it's not on my radar. It's not the first thing I think of. But yeah, it looks good.
Speaker 1: It's very short. This is the shortest my hair has ever been, Like it's above the shoulders.
Speaker 2: We're saying at dinner last night, it's more mature haircut, do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Someone said to me it looks like younger and I was like, okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 2: But you know, the word facisticated, sophisticated, sophisticated, it's got more of that sort of vibe about it. I reckon, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: A bit edgy, which I kind of like. I think, like obviously I don't call.
Speaker 2: A bob edgy. Not not a bob like that sort of hair cut.
Speaker 1: It is edgy. It's more like the style this is like the hairstyle of now.
Speaker 2: But then that wouldn't make it edgy. Edgy would be like the non haircut. What do you define edgy as as like out there?
Speaker 1: No edgy is like cool, fashionable, that's what edgy is. I think we've got the different definitions.
Speaker 2: I'd say edgy is like out there against the like against the grain, against what people are doing. That's edgy.
Speaker 1: No edgy is like fashion forward, like look up the definition, pull it up. Pull it up, I would say, edgy guys, go to our Facebook page and let us know if you think Matt or I am right with this definition.
Speaker 2: It can be trying to appear tough or cool for sake of being in saying behavior things that go against the mainstream. I think we're both right here.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is my definition that I've found of edgy taking coolness to its extreme and generally beyond the realm of actual possibility, while at the same time it's seemingly unaware of how ridiculous it is.
Speaker 2: Wait, what.
Speaker 1: The start works for me? Of that definition and then it's slowly, Well.
Speaker 2: I've got one that has your staying ahead of things in the media, and then another one that says things that are against the mainstream.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about we do this. Describe Anna's haircut in one word on our Facebook page and if people say edgy, then I'll know.
Speaker 2: Edgy.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Your weekend got heavy on Saturday, didn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So had a mate's engagement party, his fiance who I used to hang out. I used to go to this house a lot back in the day and party there. It's like a perfect house for a party. It's like an indoor pool, Like, there's heaps of like heaps of rooms. It's a huge house. Yeah, and it was just we I went there with my mates and I just got out of control, you know, open bar. They had like bar like waters there. Just got it out of control.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't drink with me, Matt and Tim on Friday, but he went out.
Speaker 2: I had a feeling Saturday night was going to get like this.
Speaker 1: So you only wanted to do one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Only?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a feeling like I was with my mates and we were like we're in the uber home and we're like why are we the last ones to leave everything? Like why are we always the last ones? But we just have fun. We just love having fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you had fun. Tell me about your Sunday because that's what I'm interested to hear about, because you get the Sunday scary is bad.
Speaker 2: I was in some nasty demons. I was just sitting there. A lot of Seinfeld was watched to try get me feeling a bit better. Bed Yeah. Bumped into our content producer and ber Coles, did you Yeah, didn't want to just didn't really want anything to do with her. I was just like, I'm sorry, I've got it, like I'm not doing I'm in places right now.
Speaker 1: So you didn't want to show.
Speaker 2: I did chat to her, but I was like, I'm feeling sore, like I'm sure I got up today as well, and I had to get up today to go pick my sister up from the airport. At like six o'clock a flight landed.
Speaker 1: Yes, So okay, we have to touch on what's happening with your sister. She was in Bali, yes, and what's happened?
Speaker 2: So she had a blister on her foot and she also she was telling me when I picked up. There was multiple things that she thinks could have happened to it. It could have been the shower water. It could have been that she was training, like doing gym training, and she had her shoes off at one point in this Like I did like fighting there, so she was doing like boxing and had her shoes off. So she thinks it could have got infected from the mats, like to swear. She does all these different things that she think could have happened to it. But she had a blister on a foot that got infected to the point, you know when it gets like black and pussy like they thought they yeah black. She showed me a photo while I was driving, So yeah, she went to the hospital in Bali. They had her up to an IV trip. She's on antibiotics. She's all right. She her foot's still there, but yeah, thankfully, thankfully. Yeah, her friend was pretty good and acted on it pretty quickly, Like saw Lara turning pretty quickly and like got up and took her to the hospital.
Speaker 1: That's something that's really scary about, you know, when you're in a third world country and then if you get really sick, it's very terrifying.
Speaker 2: The first thing I said to was you know that, like one hundred years ago, you would have died like that? They people, Well, people died from just the slightest thing. I imagine living like in medieval times, Like you get a cut on your hand and that's it.
Speaker 1: We're so lucky that we haven't antibioto I would have done. I would have died of you. Tis twenty times over.
Speaker 2: At least you'd been some strife. But like I was like, that's mine. She actually said. The guy who she'll stay with, her friend's boyfriend said the exact same thing. He's like, you would die, Like that's how wild is that?
Speaker 1: So she's just an arrived home in Melbourne. Is she heading to like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's going to go to the hospital, she said. She just wants to rest for a bit, like like she has a couple of extra days. So she's obviously a police officer. So they've rested her and now she's got days, so she's like, I'll go some point this week. She's like, it's fine, now they've given me the okay, the blood test to fly.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you didn't follow her to Bali and and if you said you were going to Bali I might have enjoyed it, because I mean I would have loved a little Bali get away. Everyone is in Bali at the moment, and it's just making me so jealous. I'm so envious of everyone.
Speaker 2: I've never been to Bali. So I did say I was going to go with her, and then she was sort of like, no, you're not getting it. I'm going to get away.
Speaker 1: Doesn't want to be.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm not going to be like a family trip. I just want to go away. She had a wholesome trip. She didn't drink musch, just like trained and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should do a where's your Head at Bali trip?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be good. That'd be good. Not a lot of work, not a lot of work by the pool in the villa. But back to my Saturday night, I just want to tell a story real quick, because I am so surprised that this behavior is still happening and that like people are still doing this sort of stuff. Right. So obviously I said that I used to be friends with the girl who's who was my mates now fiance and the engagement party, and.
Speaker 1: So I used to have so it was an engagement party.
Speaker 2: Engagement party yes, I thought it was just a house party. No, there was an engagement party at the house. So I know him. Used to play footy with him, and then I used to be I used to date one of this girl's friends, like see her and sleep with us. We used to like party all the time. So I was talking to another one of the friends when like catching up. She's like, oh, it's so good. See I haven't seen you in age. Remember when we used to party here all the time. And we were laughing about like old memories. And we're just like chatting, completely platonic, not attracted to this girl on the slidest like not like she's not mine, Like she's not like she's a friend, she's a friend of mine. So like we're chatting, laughing, and then.
Speaker 1: Is this the person who's engagement party it is, No, it's another it's her friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, just to clarify, so it's her friend. And then I feel like this push my shoulder and I'm like what good, Like just because there's no one really around us. It was from someone dancing bumping into me. And this guy is short, like stocky guy. I've never met him before, like tattoos, and she just likes me, who's this to the girls? Like, who's this? Who's this? You're talking to me? Like pushed me and I took a step back and I was like what and he's like who's this? And he was getting like real jealous and really intimidated by me. He tried to fight me, and I was like what the fuck? I was like, how is this behavior acceptable? And then like, oh, what was it?
Speaker 1: So it was the girls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was her boyfriend. She's like, stop it, stop at whatever his name was, you're embarrassing me. And he's like, no, who's this, who's this you're talking to? Who's this? I'm he introduced stuff my handmade I'm Matt and like shook his hand and then I was like, look, you guys obviously have some stuff you and discussed. I'm going to leave you to it, and like I walked. I walked off, and I was like like, like.
Speaker 1: Where do you like touching her or something?
Speaker 2: No, we're standing for obviously maybe talking because you're talking close, yeah, because there's music like you would be.
Speaker 1: So he's got jealousy because it looks like you're potentially going to make out us. But she's in his mind like I'm just trying to pick She.
Speaker 2: Said he does that all the time. So then later on he left and she's like apologizing to me, and I'm like, look, I just said I said, Look, that toxic. That behavior is toxic. And I'm surprised in like this day and age people are doing that. Maybe when you're eighteen sixteen you get jealous of your girlfriend talking to someone, but not now like well, i mean not like that, you don't do it like that, like that sort of behavior. I was just like I was like, look, it's your business. I'm not getting involved. Like it's like good to see you. Take care.
Speaker 1: Also, like if she knows that like he's cracking it at her talking to like men, then well I mean she probably shouldn't stop talking to men, but like maybe like maybe just keep a bit of a like don't talk too close.
Speaker 2: To we're on the dance lt so like talking you're on the dan Well we were on the corner of the dance lot, so we went like dancing, were just in the corner like chatting, and like it's like they into the corner. There was it was completely the tiny He was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I'm just trying to like think either spread.
Speaker 2: I think I was eating cabana sticks. She was the twig and commands the cold meats and whore for cold meats. I was more focused on them than her, you know what I mean? So I didn't I didn't even like share with a mouthful of twiggy sticks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's it's not right to like try and start a fight. Like imagine if you just turned.
Speaker 2: Around and went w Yeah, I went just bowled just a little bit more unhinged than I am, just the tiniest little bit more unhinged, like I think, Yeah, it would have been bad.
Speaker 1: Like is that what happened to your finger? I think I cut you off?
Speaker 2: You know this actually happened opening a corona. I opened like four coronas, and by the end my finger had cut.
Speaker 1: It's got like three bandages. Do you know why it looks like you're using circulation on that finger because those bandages, so it's gone red. The top of his finger has fully changed color.
Speaker 2: I need to redo that. Is that my ring? No, it's not my ring? Finger on the other hand, being a finish stripe there, Yeah, that was from the coronas so they could find a bottle like, so just cracked and then all over my check.
Speaker 1: Kayley Bieber, how she like does it with her teeth? Oh yeah, she like opens beards with her teeth and it like literally like I feel my teeth breaks cruly.
Speaker 2: It's like actual like bottle Ones bottle. How does she do that?
Speaker 1: It's her party trick. I think she did it on like a TV show Ones, And it just like even my teeth are getting sensitive right now, Like I just wouldn't feel like I need to like put a hole my parents past sense it under my if my parents swimming to that, it would be getting a massive you know how much we spent on braces.
Speaker 2: Getting on them.
Speaker 1: I mean she can probably just like she might have vin ears, so might her teeth be a bit stronger.
Speaker 2: Don't they come off with the news because they're stuck on okaynys, I don't have for news anyway.
Speaker 1: I went to and Juliette on the Weekend with my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I touched on that last episode and said.
Speaker 1: That you were going to yeah that I was going and oh my god, this is my recommendation of the week. And I know I sometimes say this is my best recommendation, but trust me, if you're in Melbourne, or if this is coming to other states in Australia and you're Australia based, you need to see and Juliet. Now, I went there with my friends, like not really expecting big things. I've been to a few musicals recently, like they didn't really tickle my fancy. The only one that I loved was Mulin Rouge. Did you see that one?
Speaker 2: I saw it in London when I was last day.
Speaker 4: We like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like I.
Speaker 2: Love the way they remix all the songs and that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is exactly like it. So I'm not gonna give it away. But basically it's kind of like a take on like if in Romeo and Juliet, Juliette sees Romeo dead and she's not like, fuck it, I'm gonna kill myself. She's like, I'm going to be a strong independent woman and I'm gonna like, you know what I mean. I'm gonna be sad for Romeo that he's killed himself over me, and that's really sad for him, but I'm going to it's very romantic because he's now dead and I'm still alive, so I'm gonna like you know, Live my Best Life. It's kind of that type of vibe, and it's just so good. It's like the first musical that I've seen that's kind of relevant to this day and age, almost like there's lots of different little underlying storylines that just make it so good. The music is amazing. I couldn't rate it more highly.
Speaker 2: But I've forgotten, right Julie Romeo and Juliet a musical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's music in it. I don't think they don't sing. Yeah, I'm pretty sure maybe macutio things.
Speaker 2: But anyway, bas learns are normally. I might have to rewatch it. Actually, it's very good. The Leo one, Yeah that's the one. Yeah, so good.
Speaker 1: But anyway, guys, if you do decide to watch this, there is a character in the performance. It's Romeo who comes back to life. Now, I'm so sorry if that's a spoiler, but I have to spoil this because you know how on last week's episode, Matt was talking about meeting his younger self. Well, whilst watching this performance, I met Matt's younger self in the character Romeo.
Speaker 2: Ohkauna.
Speaker 1: He wasn't in a sauna, he was in the performance, And I actually wasn't the first one to point it out. My friend Sarah was She's like, this guy reminds me of Matt. And after that all of my friends were like, oh my god, it's Matt. And once you think it's Matt, it just makes it so much better, Like it's just so good. So this guy he like rolls onto the stage, he's like a head taller than everyone, obviously Matt sixty six. He literally looks like you like I'm gonna pull up a photo in a minute and you look at me. Great, yeah, good looking guy, a head taller than everyone. And he's like he says things like I'm just so good looking and I just don't know what to.
Speaker 5: Do with my life, chats to myself and then he's like, I'm just so overly emotional and I don't know what to do with all of these big feelings.
Speaker 1: I'm like, am I watching that? Like it's it's almost as if I've written this about.
Speaker 2: Yourself Moonlight as Romeo in that in that production.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like it's already a great musical, but with that extra, that extra, it just takes it to a different level. So please go and watch it, enjoy it, and if you do watch it. I want to hear your thoughts. Does Romeo remind you of Matt, because I'm telling you I was seeing.
Speaker 2: Double I'll have to go watch it. I was going to go watch it over the weekend, but they're sold out, so I just see myself to it.
Speaker 1: For the second time.
Speaker 2: I might need a chat, so you can show me a photo of him? Yeah, sure, is there anything on their Instagram of anyway? I can't find it on the Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Posted it on the Facebook page when I find it, and you guys can let me know if it looks like Matt, like a younger version of Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm excited to see this guy. I want to meet him now and say hello and have a chat to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So my recommendation. Okay, now this is a recommendation. Let's just talk this out because I don't want to say something and then everyone, you know, Cory's Matt. You've said this, You've got to do it now, you know what I'm like, I'm a man of my word. I don't want to, you know, go back on what I say. Drive July. We're in mid May. July is coming up. Should we do it? Anna, it's my birthday on the fourth of July as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was about to say, isn't it your birthday?
Speaker 2: It is? So do you know what? Do you know?
Speaker 1: The thing that I want to talk through with you about drive July is like in Malbourtin, right, it's the peak of winter.
Speaker 2: So it's easy. Just do not drink or go out or do you think it's hard, because I.
Speaker 1: Think it's hard because you're bored, and like, do you know what I love doing? I love like going for a nice like drink by a fire place or like you know what I mean, Like what else are.
Speaker 2: We going to do? Well? I think that's the thing you need to substitute, is something else instead of alcohol.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I could do dry July.
Speaker 2: I'm not thinking about having a birthday party this year. Okay, So I was going to do like a white Christmas in July, but yeah, and get back a white and like have like a white decorations on it and white Christmas decorations everywhere, and then like get a white Christmas jumper. I was going to do that, but I think it might Like that's the next year. Why don't you do it in June?
Speaker 1: Like June thirtieth, the day before Drive Juli and then we can get lip just before. Does that defeat the purpose maybe?
Speaker 2: And then you have the whole I'll have the whole of July to recover from the hangover, have a month or two or is it am I making this up? Or do you get a pass whole pass in July if you have an event or something you do?
Speaker 1: But I think that's starting on the wrong foot because yeah, when I there was Hall passes and I was like, can I have three Hall passes? And then you're meant to pay like fifty dollars to the charity or something, and I was like, Then I was like, well, I'm taking four, and then that was every weekend and then all of a sudden I was drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah at all, it's not drive July. I'm happy to do it.
Speaker 1: Look, I think I think I could be happy. I think we should talk it through further, maybe go home, do some research, do some research.
Speaker 2: And it is six weeks away.
Speaker 1: I think we should like get people to do it with us, Like if the words head out fam did it with us, then maybe we could all keep each other on track and we could all do like a driveg you lie together.
Speaker 2: That would be good.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's pause on this. Let's guys, if you're keen, head to our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Let us know. Because I'm looking.
Speaker 1: I think we need at least like twenty people to do it with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon. I think I could do it for twenty.
Speaker 1: People, maybe like fifty. Should we off it?
Speaker 2: Let's see what sort of reaction we get. People might be like, noh, fuck it, I've got this.
Speaker 1: What happens if everyone's like, yes, like we're so keen, Like I'm not even that keen, But if everyone else is key.
Speaker 2: I'm keen, I'm the only keen because I just how I'm feeling right now. Still got this Monday morning after a big weekend, I've got this.
Speaker 1: This Sunday series, Monday series even.
Speaker 2: Followed me into Monday morning.
Speaker 1: My brother is doing one hundred days sober at the moment. Involved he's like killing it. He's doing so well. Like I'm so proud of him. I think I've said this before on the podcasts. He's been really doing well, and he's never he's never done anything like that. In fact, I don't think I've every done a month sober.
Speaker 2: I've never done a month sober.
Speaker 1: Do you think we could do it.
Speaker 2: I think I don't look forward to drinking anymore. I don't go yes, I can't wait for like I was like, yes, I can't wait to go out and drink. I remember when you were younger used to be like, yeah, I can't wait to go out and you know, drink with the mates and that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't have that feeling anymore.
Speaker 1: I could tell when we were out on Friday, you were kind of like, okay, I've had like two I'm kind of good. I was like, whoa aperol?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like I don't. I don't get that feeling anymore. Like obviously, when you were at an event with your best mate and you haven't seen them for like two or three weeks, and you're chatting and then you then one drink and then someone gets around and then it keeps going. You forget how much not forget, but you don't. You're not registering how much you're drinking. And then you're like, oh, fuck me, you know it's two am. You know, like fuck, I think drinking and chatting for a while. So like, I just don't look forward to it. So I think I could do it. Yeah, check our calendars.
Speaker 1: Put it out there. I think we should try guys, head over to where's your head at fam Let us know if you are keen to do drive your ask it and let's get the chat happening on our Facebook trip.
Speaker 2: Get like a charity thing going? Can we donate to it?
Speaker 1: Or we could definitely do register. We could definitely do that.
Speaker 2: All right, let's look into that around that.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's jump into our hot line. Hello, you've reached Anna and Nutt.
Speaker 2: We can't get to the phone right now, but.
Speaker 1: Please leave us a message on our hot line after the beep.
Speaker 2: Okay, So our first hot line comes from Amber.
Speaker 3: Hi, I know Matte Amber here. I've got a bit of a story about women being FBI. My friends called me a private detective. I'm a hairdresser. I detective, but it should be so. Last year I was I met this guy online and we'd gone on a few dates and hit it off. I had a really good connection, and things started to get a bit strange. He kept telling me that his phone would freeze and that he wouldn't reply for hours or be available for hours to respond or call. And I thought, okay, fair enough, And then he'd come over and his phone obviously wasn't freezing while he was here, and then he went a bit quiet. He sort of just drifted off for a bit, and I thought whatever, and then he came back like two months later and wanted to see me again. And I just felt I kept saying to one of my best friends, I just feel like he's seeing someone else, even though he told me he wasn't anyway, So I looked at his Facebook. I just like went into his friend's list and randomly clicked on any like just a random girl just had like a gut feeling, clicked on her photo profile, looked at a photo, and he commented on there, basically saying that he took the photo of her and what a good photographer he was, I know, and ah, the message show you're seeing David. His name was, Yeah, I have been seeing him for like the last nine months, and I'm like, okay, well I've been seeing him, but like we weren't together or anything, but yeah, we slept together multiple times, and I told her absolutely everything. We share details. One a few of the times he left her house to come to my house, and I like screenshot everything and all the dates linked up and they would have a bit of an argument, so he would come organized to come see me, and he got caught out and he was devastated when his darling girlfriend left him and was angry at me. But yeah, get a trust to get girls.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, men the pigs? Aren't they as.
Speaker 1: Being caught out red handed? Do you know what's so funny is like when guys think that they can disappear and like women aren't going to pick up on it, like it's very clear what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously a phone freezing in twenty twenty three. iPhones don't freeze for hours on end.
Speaker 1: Especially when it's very conveniently only freezing. And she's not with him. I think they ever did the right thing. I think, you know, obviously she wasn't in a relationship with him, but he was in a relationship. How she found that girl is pretty. I mean, she's a very good FBiH It.
Speaker 2: Almost sounds fluky almost to click on a random one that you think looks like maybe it looks like his type and it.
Speaker 1: Looks like then, if you think about it, if someone has social media right and they're like cheating on you or they're seeing someone else or whatever, they've got to be following that person, So then you do have kind of like a list of people.
Speaker 2: Some people are just dumb though, going and commenting like that's just stupid, Like.
Speaker 1: But that's his girlfriend, so of course.
Speaker 2: He's going to call. Yeah, of course, of course get together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I hate about David the most is that he blamed her when the girlfriend broke off. It's like, David, no, Like, you're the one who fucked up, and you need to like you deserve the consequences of that.
Speaker 2: What a pig? David is not cool behavior, bro. The next Hotline is Anonymous Love an.
Speaker 4: Anonymous Hi, guys, I am reaching out in regard to a recent Hotline episode where you were talking about a long distance relationship kind of coming to fruition and when you finally get to meet that person or see them, and if the physical act kind of lives up to the fall and things that have happened prior. I just had my own experience here recently, and I thought.
Speaker 1: You might enjoy.
Speaker 4: I started talking to somebody in December of last year, and we were very long distance, and this was the first person that I had really talked to and engaged with since ending my engagement, and so I had been with that person for four or five years, and so I let this new person know that I really wasn't interested in anything serious, but I open to talking to him getting to know him. So as time went on, we you know, had a little bit of dirty talk and a little bit of phone sex.
Speaker 1: It's not really my thing.
Speaker 4: I'm not super confident in that, but it definitely went there a few times. And so after two or three months of talking, the opportunity finally arose for us to meet up and see each other in person. So I flew to him essentially, and I was looking forward to it. I was excited, obviously, after that long We had talked about things that we like and things that we prefer, things that are good for added, different things like that, and when we did actually finally have sex, it was.
Speaker 1: It was not good.
Speaker 4: Not only did it last no more than forty five seconds, just you know, he just didn't really allow me to do the things that I had let him know that I liked. And I guess we just kind of assumed that when we have those discussions and put those things out there, that maybe they would be inclined to let you do what's good for you and that most definitely did not happen.
Speaker 1: So I didn't want to completely judge.
Speaker 4: Him on that one experience because we had gotten along well and I enjoyed our conversations for the most part, I didn't want to just, you know, completely judge him on the physical technicalities. But when I got back after we had visited each other, you know, every now and then, it would escalate again to like some dirty talk and phone sex, and I just couldn't help but imagine how less than exciting the actual physical act was. And I just realized I got the massive ick and I could no longer entertain this person as like a romantic interest because the actual physical part had just been so not good. So all that being said, I would have to disagree with you guys that sex is always good and sex is sex, because in my experience, I certainly should have done a little more research.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it's just a trial and error thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the story, and I love your podcast, so have a good one.
Speaker 1: I definitely enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so so we were talking about that on the hotline about long distance when you finally mete up with someone. Is the sex as good as all the hype has led up to be.
Speaker 1: I think for him it was people in forty five seconds.
Speaker 2: But he's a question if you've spent months talking to someone online getting to know him, I've invested all this time and energy, is it worth like maybe giving him a little bit of training. But then she said she already told him stuff so.
Speaker 1: And he didn't pick it up. She wasn't He wasn't picking up what she was putting down. Almost maybe you have to walk him through it. He was probably just bad in bed, Like, Okay, look, there are definitely people out there who just aren't good in bed, don't have the rhythm, don't know how to use the junk in their trunk.
Speaker 2: I'm like, there's more than just the dunk.
Speaker 1: Some people can't be helped.
Speaker 2: They just don't get it there, And.
Speaker 1: Clearly this guy is the small one percent of people who can't be helped. I feel bad for her because clearly there was a big build up. She was obviously very excited to see him. Look the forty five second little.
Speaker 2: I think that's excusable.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that's kind of hot because I'm like, you're so into me that you could not hold on longer than forty five seconds.
Speaker 2: Three months of phone sex, and that he'd be razed ready to go. He was rasped.
Speaker 1: Maybe he should have, like, you know, a.
Speaker 2: Quickie by himself before.
Speaker 1: Is that a thing like? Do guys like do a tactical Yeah, a tactical wank before if they're like very excited about a girl because they don't want to like come too fast.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was living with my mates. I was just getting ready for a date and I was like, I'm gonna have to have a tactical a tactical wang. Yeah, and I ran to my bedroom and they were just like, oh okay. I came back maybe a couple of minutes, five minutes later, and I'm like, I'm all good to go.
Speaker 1: And then did you get lucky that night?
Speaker 2: I did, and you didn't remember much of the sex. We're pretty drunk, but at least seconds like him, it's just a tactical, smart one. Yeah. I know men that do it. A lot of men do that. Yeah. I thought that I don't swear by it, like it's not something that I would be like that we all do. It's just I think they're in the right situation.
Speaker 1: But if you have a tactical wang, does that kind of make sure that you don't come early or can you still come early?
Speaker 2: It really depends. That would come down to like the environment, the situation, and how how hot it was, how like good things were. I sometimes this has happened before as well, You've had a tactical and then you struggle to then get like as horny again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was thinking that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes you're like fuck, like you know, if it's too soon to the tactical wank, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then you can't get it out, which is another problem.
Speaker 2: So men have a lot of dramas to that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stress as.
Speaker 2: A lot of technical thinking.
Speaker 1: Clearly this guy just didn't have the technique that she needed. And also it just doesn't sound like he was listening to what she was saying. Maybe he was a bit of a MEMI me focus on me.
Speaker 2: Should she take the lead though and like literally like step him through it?
Speaker 1: Maybe like over the phone, she had kind of like built up this like sexy image of like and also not just she he had built it up of like you know, I'm going to do this to you. I'm going to do that to you, and she's like, oh yeah, this is hot, and then she's like, I'm really into this guy.
Speaker 2: Always that's my motto.
Speaker 1: But then when he actually got to it, he couldn't do all of the things that he promised, and she was just a bit like, isn't what I was sold? This is not the dream I was sold.
Speaker 2: So he's gone wrong, Like Salomon, average time and deliver a best the best time in their life, which is actually mediocre, but it feels like the best because you've sold him. Watch out for that, ladies.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thank you for that anonymous message. Also, guys, if we've said something on our hotline that you don't agree with, we want to hear from you. That was really fun to kind of delve into and kind of dig deeper into topics that we've already covered.
Speaker 2: I stand by my comments. Sex is like pizza, it's still good. Sex is sex that's still good.
Speaker 1: I mean when it only takes forty five seconds and they're not going around two, maybe it's not as good as you know it could be.
Speaker 2: Have a glass of water and get back on it. Get back on the hard, get back on you.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, thank you for joining us once again on our Where's your head at? Hotline? As always, we want to hear from you. Send your story, times, questions, advice or tea or any topic at all, even a rebuttal of hotlines we've done in the past to our Instagram or to Where's your head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on an episode, and our producer Alex will be in touch.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys as well, we love to see your ratings. We've asked you, guys to give us a rating and in return, we'll pick a winner and give them some merch. So once you've done your ratings, send it in. We've seeing you all do it and we appreciate it and love you.
Speaker 1: Make sure you send us a DM so we know who you are so we can give you much. Okay, Matt, until next time, see ya bye,