Speaker 1: Thank you to all the all listeners who continue to listen to us. Look, if you're enjoying the podcast, just do us a favorite. Hit that follow button on your podcast app right now. It helps us thring your great new episodes and make sure that you won't miss anything. Whether you're on Spotify, Apple Podcast, or anywhere else. Just tap follow or subscribe and stay in the loop. Anyway, Guys, cheers fight.
Speaker 2: I've always did that anyway, turned you up, Yeah, because you're quite by nature, you are, and you're naughty by nature, quiet by nature, my one.
Speaker 1: You held that, you held that tone very well. I said before you've missed your you've missed your colleague. You waste yourself on rugby league. You should have been this, you should have been a singer.
Speaker 3: I can see he wasted himself.
Speaker 2: To say I wasted myself, that's quite harsh on wasted. But I did play nineteen games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nineteen first grade.
Speaker 3: Over six years.
Speaker 1: But what no, no, what I mean was? I mean? I mean you still have You've still got the ability former band and have a have a music career. You can see it, and I'll be your back up. Many your tear has fallen.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: Be your woman that I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's let the bodies hit the floor. Have we started? Yeah? We have. We started.
Speaker 2: The longer we talk about this, now the shorter we have to talk about others.
Speaker 1: You have a pulp fiction that is overkill? Did that that is a good?
Speaker 3: Is that a question?
Speaker 1: Without notice? Possibly the greatest music soundtrack?
Speaker 3: That's a good? Do you know what else is good?
Speaker 1: Jungle Bug the Jungle Book?
Speaker 2: You know what is actually a really good soundtrack and it's unpopular opinion. You aren't like a dad high school musical?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about that. Boogie Knights.
Speaker 1: Boogie Knights is beauty a little beaulty hairspray.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Can we keep speaking of Kapa? Can we talk about Kappa?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you see Kapa got banned from there all AFL venues for five years?
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 2: Apparently last year's Brisbane Lions Grand Final, he got a little bit intoxicated. I think he was acting up and then they kicked him out and apparently on his way out here was going in the house.
Speaker 1: What was one of his call? They called him the whizz.
Speaker 2: Pretty harsh for five years venues and that's been pretty bad what he did in the mcg like, you can't. You can't go to the cricket concerts.
Speaker 1: Can't go Amy Park, That doesn't count. He'll be at the Storm games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen him in the sheds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were there when he was in there last time. What you doing there? You're going?
Speaker 2: You can imagine Garry was in thereflection and I turned up to with him in his pocket interview him at his neighborhood.
Speaker 1: He was standing there and we jumped out of the cars, whizz, how are you doing boys? How? He had leather pants on, black shirt, necklace, had these like sort of red boots almost like ankle sized ankle high basketball shoes. And he goes, just wait, he boys are just going to go for a fifteen minute run. And he took off pants. And when when I run with his in his leather pants and came back sweating up, and we're like yeah right, and he goes, boys, come on, give a tour of the house. Have I guess what it's worth? A lot of money? Boys took us the next door to meet his neighbors.
Speaker 4: Everything what suburban Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Not sure what's his exact address?
Speaker 1: He gets handed off to people that Cordons that year too.
Speaker 5: You also did Ross Clark Jones who was madder Ross Clark Jones or Warwick Kappas.
Speaker 1: Ross is just got big horness. So like people says like it's just because mate, It's like he hasn't got the fiar Jean doesn't sit there where Kappa is mad.
Speaker 4: Ethnicity.
Speaker 1: His mum was from Borneo, I believe.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: The honey your man shout out to speaking of all a bunch of surfers too. The Fanning Golf contest was on last week. We missed it a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we couldn't go this year, but now they have it. You know what Mick did say to me last year, bring your old men out, and then when they contact me this year to get us back up again, no mention of you. So I didn't push. I didn't want to. I didn't want to seal me and Jack's fate. But unfortunately we had something we couldn't.
Speaker 1: Go, but no problem. Would be very fun, No worries, Mick. I don't think it's to do anyway, mate.
Speaker 4: Well you do have a radio show on a Friday morning, man, you do, but you can do it from up there.
Speaker 2: I was going to do radio from there.
Speaker 4: He does it till midday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't fear the you need someone else to do it. I mean, it's not called Morning Glory with Maddie John's is it?
Speaker 4: Hang on? I came up with that name.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, did you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: It is called so they can't replace it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just a cool different name. Benny Hogarth can fill in or Dennon call it.
Speaker 4: What would they rename it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it's up to them.
Speaker 3: I won't be sleeping.
Speaker 2: You can imagine ratings you're not on you know what I mean, plummeting. I've heard, I've listened to the show. You hold that show together.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I reckon Dave rick It could be Mornings with Dave Ricky.
Speaker 1: He could probably just do it on it the other week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was on it.
Speaker 4: Very good feedback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 5: It was my first appearance in a whole I come out of the come out of the would work every now and then.
Speaker 1: It was a very Italian theme. You and Ricky on there.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, you really need to get Ricky el his own sting because every time you go on, because he feels in for Webby every now and then and then he comes on has a segment Ricky O's rant and you never give him a sting and.
Speaker 1: You always talk about straight stings and intro ou to people.
Speaker 3: So yeah, which I know a lot about Jack.
Speaker 2: Jack literally learned what the term sting two weeks ago, and now he's saying it like all the listeners.
Speaker 3: In the car. Now like radio sensibility, you've got.
Speaker 1: To explain things for the people.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: It's such a play on playoff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was telling me that I need to bring mostings, so I brought my own sting in and then for the next like week, Cooper reckons like every day, I just bring up the stings.
Speaker 2: Talk about stings with conversation was annoying.
Speaker 1: Intro question, intro question on Trish come up with this on the back of.
Speaker 4: Actually I didn't. It was one of our listeners listeners his name, but thank.
Speaker 1: You, and they think they're clever doing this, it's not. It's left quite an impact on me on the back of me sneaking off and being called playing the poker machines on a romantic weekend away. But see Trish wrote that romantic week in a way, it wasn't about a romantic weekend away.
Speaker 4: They were his words.
Speaker 1: Well, let me just it was not a romantic weekend away.
Speaker 4: It certainly was.
Speaker 1: It was it was a weekend of fun and for volity. Unfortunately Trish just wanted her fun and for volity. If there was a John's Family themed poker machine, what symbol would trigger the feature?
Speaker 4: Could I go first? Because I really like Ryan?
Speaker 1: Get it? The other way?
Speaker 4: You'd have to get how many? How many of these things do you need?
Speaker 1: Three vibrators?
Speaker 4: Okay, well I want three twerking Regger's Red Dagan's working like mobile in footage shorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shorts, a red dragon theme one.
Speaker 2: Actually, it would be very good.
Speaker 3: I'd play it. Yeah, I play it.
Speaker 4: And when when you like you get the feature with you and get your three you know, in your face with his last when he gets the fos, talk to us, who are the poke machine people?
Speaker 1: Aristocrat down the road? I know literally what after this? Let's hop in the car, let's get down to Aristocrat. Let's throw carves on the table.
Speaker 3: Well I had I actually had three of this.
Speaker 2: If three of this person showed up, it make your day. Because this bloke, he is what epitomizes the John's Family.
Speaker 3: I had three.
Speaker 2: Gary Johnson's, Yeah, I think you had three. Gary Johnson's holding it two years old. Erup when he's doing it, just about to smash it over the top of his head. If he was a horse breeder, I heard you you were saying it the other day, or I think Joey was someone was saying John Hoppowardi, He's produced that many athletes, like if he was a horse, you'd be able to breed him, and you just breed him until he dropped dead. Garry John's is the exact same. People don't give Gary the credit for his jeans and his no no no, call Matthew superstar in his own right, Andrew john superstar in his own right, Jack John's starr in his own right.
Speaker 3: And then you get to the apex me myself.
Speaker 2: I eventually came from Gaza's.
Speaker 5: Well, we all know that the good jeens didn't come from Gary. From the way name's kicking on, definitely come from Gail.
Speaker 4: She offers a lot.
Speaker 1: She's in great nick and sister sister Kate. She was a hell of a nipple player. She was a representative standard nepple.
Speaker 2: I think she was also captains not going as girls teams and she broke some bits.
Speaker 1: That's right, yes, like but just for one second, touched on gazz and two he's old to his old keep going. It was like a family thing there for a second. No, they are the jeans. The good genes come from my grandmother on my dad's side.
Speaker 4: She was She's park named after her.
Speaker 1: Yes, she has park in football field in Cary Caine named after John's Park. And so she was a champion tennis player, champion netballer. And you go past the netple courts and there is Molly something courts and that was her cousin. So yeah, yeah, she was very very good sportswoman. Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well my poke machine symbol, Yeah, well I had two here for you, I had three.
Speaker 3: I had three. Stephen the Manchild to trigger a feature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course that's Dad's character from his Channel seven.
Speaker 1: Did you know High was in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because John was playing for me, because I was in I was.
Speaker 2: So if you've never seen the skip where Steven the Manchild, I will get it up on YouTube afterwards. But Dad plays against Hoppo. It's like when two man childs meet and Lehigh was in the side that Hopple was in manly Cove and I was in the harbor side that you're in. So like four very good athletes out of I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: I've had a bit of the clip where skip the skippy pilot, just Tony Bonner, who's who's stupid? And child's father Stephen looks over and s's hopper hopper shaving and he just goes to scalp us up a tree. Yes, Stephen, Stephen, get down here.
Speaker 2: Tell you what it is a very accurate representation of junior forty. Because I tell you right, people look at it and go, this is unfrealistic.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: You get a big kid in a team who never plays against another big kid. They run through the team, they finally come up against another big kid who might be a little bit tougher, and the equally as big kid goes to water.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've seen that many a time. Generally they've got a father with little man syndrome into him too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let me tell this some great lesson for the kids, because if the thing I always was, they can't run without legs. So when you come up against a bigger than that defender, you go low and tackle. I don't know why people don't say that more.
Speaker 3: Why do you do it?
Speaker 4: Because it's that you want to like take their legs.
Speaker 1: I've got to say they are the harder they fall. Drop that one down anymore? What else you got? My my baker machine? The feature is going to be me facing a wall in handcuffs and Trish with a whip just whipping in the back.
Speaker 4: I had a better thought that was going somewhere else.
Speaker 6: Then finger in the day stick? Should we share?
Speaker 4: Serious?
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry that was so.
Speaker 2: Discuss I put these mics. They don't have like like you in the in the radio or TV. He doesn't have to edit.
Speaker 1: Leave it.
Speaker 4: It's disgusting. No, must be beaped.
Speaker 3: Won't beeping a burp?
Speaker 2: Is that where we're Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, it's disgusting. Some people actually would be really highly repulsed by that, to the point of vomit. A friend who cannot bear and it is actually a condition, and about four members of her family have it. She can't bear to hear people eating chewing. There's a lot of people like that.
Speaker 2: It's actually is that bell?
Speaker 1: What's the matter that? In Bacile?
Speaker 4: But a couple of the other kids have it too, and I think it's only like her son has it. She has it, but her husband doesn't have it, so and one of the other kids doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But rebuttle wise, can I make her a bottle?
Speaker 2: Do you think Master Chef would beep every time Gordon Ramsay goes to taste food just because Beck doesn't like hearing the sound of her chewing.
Speaker 4: It's a show about food. This isn't a show about food or other bodily functions.
Speaker 1: It's a nerve tr trish burping. It's like opinions. Everyone offers one occasionally, like.
Speaker 4: If you farted, would you be thinking that's acceptable to.
Speaker 1: No problem?
Speaker 2: Imagine people random and listening to this and then you he beep and then you say you just burped.
Speaker 3: That's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Okay, question without notice against just pulling, the pulling about the curtain on the family. Who's farts stink the most in this house?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say Jack.
Speaker 4: And he's not even denying it.
Speaker 2: Jack's a stinky boy.
Speaker 4: He's bigger than all of us, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bigger, But it's like you stronger and small.
Speaker 2: I don't think about that. More temperamental.
Speaker 5: Okay, when you got some things too on yourself, that'll a bit bigger as well, goober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, articularly on your face when you follow someone into the toilet. Who's the worst person to follow in in cricket? You don't want to follow bradman in? Who is the bradman in this family? When they've been using the toilet? You're next in? I know it is. It's the queen over there.
Speaker 3: There is Queen Bee the toilet.
Speaker 4: I have positioned very carefully riding from the toilet seat incense. So as soon as I go to sit down online an insect.
Speaker 1: I haven't had an incest since I left.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, have the drops that you pour into the toilets? I've got incense, Bernie, I don't need.
Speaker 1: To use that, let me tell you, Trisha, you do My eyes water when I go in there after you.
Speaker 4: It's like purpose brain, like if we ever rebuild or renovate, mate, separate.
Speaker 3: Toilets, rebuild the marriage, orbuild the house.
Speaker 4: Talking about actually a bit of it fell off the other day. I have a question on what you were discussing before. In genetics, like physical genetics, how much in being a highly successful sportsman do you think he is psychology and psychology, sorry, in mental attitude versus the physical.
Speaker 2: I'm a I'm a massive believer on like eighty percent mental physical. I always would have rather have been mentally focused and on for a game than being overly fit.
Speaker 1: You need to base your physicality and knowledge and skill. Then what happens is if you've got the right mental attitude, you'll get the right physicality because you'll train hard and get that right. You can't do it the other way. You can be a we see in the game, you see these amazing special physical specimens. They haven't got the right mental attitude and they just drop by the way.
Speaker 5: So I'd say a lot of it too goes to longevity to like longevity like I'd say, not necessarily longevity as in like koreer wise, but I'd say longevity in.
Speaker 3: Terms of your health as an athlete.
Speaker 5: Like Beaver for example, someone who you know he could have easily had a shorter career, but because he had that on top of it, he had that great genetic bass, his career just went like how many games did I playing with?
Speaker 3: Four hundred and fifty all up across the URL camera.
Speaker 1: Smith would be I'd say Cameron, but there'd be some of the UK like.
Speaker 5: What's Who's the winger that just is just retiring at the end of this year, Ryan Hall?
Speaker 3: Ryan Hall? What's here is like five?
Speaker 1: But then back in the day there were guys who this name needs means nothing to you, but he was an iconic figure through the fifties into the sixties seventies with Saint George Felt called Harry Bath. Harry Bath say, plays something like six hundred something.
Speaker 4: Games, So what would he started, did he particularly early or did he finish particularly late?
Speaker 1: Back back in back in those days because he played a lot of his football in England. What you see in England Trish In England they play a lot more games because back in the day it was winter sport and it was it was a dirtier game, but it wasn't as it wasn't as fast, I don't.
Speaker 2: Like, not as demanding on the muscles. Right, it was physical, but it wasn't as demanding on your hamstrings and things like that. Where you have to be you have to get load into those muscles.
Speaker 5: Like soccer, like even in Premier League soccer at an elite level, but you see players go deeper into their thirties because of the fact that you don't on top of that, you don't have to have you know, people aren't trying to bash you for one, yes, but also like it relies more on cardio fitness compared to anaerobic.
Speaker 1: Well that's interesting yet. Chris Anderson, who of course coached Australias, had origin Storm, won Grand finals with the Bulldogs when he coached when he was captain coach over there with Hallifa. So when he first got there he was struggling for success. He said, what they're doing. They're trying to play in Australian style, getting deep and running onto the ball. And he noticed all the top teams over there were playing really flat, basic football and he realized it had to do with the conditions, so he just he totally changed and went to that more simple and he said it was just Les demanding on his players, hence why he could play longer.
Speaker 4: On that note, you just brought up soccer. Did anyone watch the FIFA club?
Speaker 1: Watched Messi wats when he played them Messi late thirties.
Speaker 4: He was playing for Miami to.
Speaker 1: Miami which is owned by Beckham and a few other guys. So yeah, the tournament it was when when when it was sold the tournament announced everyone where that's going to be excited of it. So it's on Fox Sports and you see some of the games are actually pretty good quality, although the other day there was Auckland City played one of the greatest sides in Europe. Bay of Munich and School Munich.
Speaker 2: They got that much cash.
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: That's not a bad school.
Speaker 2: Really, that's pretty bad for soccer.
Speaker 3: That's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Can I talk about some stuff from the week because I want to shout out the community up in Darwin. I was up in Darwin last week. Jesus was good. It's a good joint to go, don't first time in Darwen?
Speaker 1: Great town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very thick in a lot of foreigners, so a lot of people who might not know this. When they come out for visas, they have to do six months in a rural town, a regional town, so they.
Speaker 3: Put them all in Darwin.
Speaker 2: So there's heaps of Irish and what's not right, Yeah, heaps of Irish. Heaps have met a lot of Nepalese.
Speaker 4: Is that for the agricultural component of their visa that they have to do.
Speaker 2: They have to do six months working in a regional town.
Speaker 1: I think the regional town or city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it boost the economy in the regional town. I think they need work because an Irish pub there called Shenanigans, and Shenanigan's by name, Shenanigan's by nature. Let me tell you something. Karaoke on a Monday night at Shenanigans, you were laughing. If anyone ever goes up to Darwin, it's a great place to go. I reckon for a team trip.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 4: Went on a couple of team trips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did, Yeah, with a couple up there. It was awesome. Great.
Speaker 2: There's a joint called Crocosaurus Cove as well, so it's a ta zoo and it's just really only got crocodiles in it. Quite sad. They are massive crocodiles. And I'll tell you right now scared, like any thought that you have, you think you might if you're in the water, you might be able to get away from a crocodile. Uh Ah, those things are dead. I was looking at it and it was looking at me, and I just thought, I'm no chance if.
Speaker 1: I was on the water with a crog on land. They're very slow in water. They're electric.
Speaker 2: I also think they're I think they're blind underwater, I believe. I think underwater they only rely on like smell and their senses, but they can they come up to see. So that's why you see they come up and their eyes sort of like me.
Speaker 4: They can't open their water in the salt.
Speaker 3: I can't open their water in.
Speaker 4: The can't open their eyes in the water. Actually I can't open my eyes and people as well also.
Speaker 5: Keep on another note here, I've just been looking at the numbers. We've got three listens.
Speaker 3: In China at the moment.
Speaker 5: So this week we've got three listens in China and they're visiting ten in South Korea as well.
Speaker 4: Ah, yes, South Korea. It's coming quite a trust destination. Without South Korea, I've got a few friends who want to go over there because apparently facelifts are really cheap over really it's really really good.
Speaker 2: And one more shout out from my week Bruiser. Now you might have seen on my my Instagram I went down and watched some local footy last week. Shout out to Bruise a front rail for the Avalon Bulldogs, myself and Sammy Verrel's old junior club. What happened just as an innocent video filming back fence, Bruiser winding up into the Narrabeene Sharks defence. As now as Bruiser says, I've gone viral. Yeah, he's like an STI he's like an affection. He's completely viral at the moment, phone hasn't stopped blowing up. But the response from people getting around the local footy from when I put this video.
Speaker 3: Up crazy and let me teach somethings.
Speaker 2: Those local footyer players they are tough home brace because I was half thinking about playing like yeah, yeah, but it's they are that physical. They have no like worry about their health or concussions or anything. They throw everything into every time.
Speaker 1: Also, probably a lot of them no coordination, which makes the impact even more dangerous.
Speaker 2: Mate half of them because I watched them on a Sunday. Half of them I saw out the night before until like four in the morning, and then they get up and they have a three o'clock game, charging into each other.
Speaker 1: I've got so much admiration for those blokes, particularly like because most of them are on building site's working hard. Some of them are in their mid to late thirty is still playing. I remember Jack played with Wheeler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ryan Wheeler.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we played in the Sydney Opens comp and I was eighteen and he was the oldest guy team.
Speaker 3: So Wheels was.
Speaker 5: Double my age. So he was thirty six then. And I used to work at the Beach Club on a Saturday. We always play Sundays, and he would have like the vo before the game. He would come in Wheels and he'd have four Corona buckets by himself.
Speaker 3: And a few more. But yeah, it's in a bucket. Six, there's four four in a bucket he had.
Speaker 5: He'd have four Corona backs and a couple other beers before he got into the coronas. And then next day he would play like two twenty minute stints and just charge off the back fround.
Speaker 1: I used to watch him and they used to bash into it and he actually after I remember talking one day and I said, Will's how long do you think you're going to play for? And he said, I don't know, as long as I can walk. I just want to keep playing. I said, really, I said, what what like you gus? Mate? I just love being bashed, I thought.
Speaker 2: And oh, think about Wheels is now? So he can't walk right, that's.
Speaker 1: Why he's called Wheels.
Speaker 3: Anyone else got anything from their work.
Speaker 4: I thought loads. But just on your Darwin trip, could you please just tell the boys might not have heard it before, the story about mutiny on the fishing trip on your damad Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we booked. Someone decided to book a fishing trip, which everyone thought at the time. Someone throws off, hey, boys when we're rather Darwin, do you want to do a bit of a day of fishing? Fishing where he is? Yeah, they're great. So we hopped on this boat and mate, firstly, all the boys hung over. As soon as the boat turned on one of the place, Russell Russell Wire went upstairs on the top of the boat and just proceeded to spew for the next eight hours. We nearly had to anyway, the boat just keeps going out and out and out and out. Prore We put the lines in and we're like, mate, where are we going anywhere? The captain wasn't to goes, mate, I've got this place I go all the time. After six hours, like at one point there was a coastguard manning for Indonesian fishing boats coming in our water. That's how far we went out. And we're like, mate, we we just make go to turn this around and anyway. Half half crew on the boat they wanted to stay out fishing. The other half myself and Joey. You're loading the mutiny to go back anyway, so we keep may turn around. He's going, no, no, no, I'm not turning around. I pay for it. I'm going to fulfill my We said may turn around. Basically ten hours into it, with poor old Russell Wire upstairs, who was looking by this stage like the joker. He was that pale and vomity. We cornered the captain and we said turn it around. He goes nah, And we said, listen, brother, we're gonna we're going to We're going to be straight up with you here, turn this around. We're going to throw you in the ocean, and we're going to turn it around. He goes, okay, fuck is turn it around.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't he?
Speaker 1: Do you think is an insult because you had blokes like Chief and Sarge. You were the big blokes, and the captains going no, no, mate, no, no, keep going boys.
Speaker 4: It didn't cheat, It didn't end up with the world's worst case of sunburn.
Speaker 1: Yeah he end up, Yeah, he end up nearly in the hospital sunburn.
Speaker 5: Myself what would you do if you get out there and you just see this these pirates approaching pirate movies, like you get like six of them on a boat and you just see him approaching with aks.
Speaker 1: What do you do, well, Jack? What they do? Now? Talking to a young Goatrician, I were on a boat one day and there was a young Australian guy who actually he for most of the year he drives or super yachts. You know, young Australians go over and do that.
Speaker 5: And he said, one of the guys I grot with bell Bell. He's been doing it since we finished school.
Speaker 1: He said, I said, what like with pirateers, you know, what what do they do? And he said, well, they don't just approach the boat like you don't see him coming. He said, what they do in the dark, He said, happens a lot in South America near Brazil. The whole like fishing line and they'll be about five hundred meters across from each other, and I'll hold the fishing line. You hit the front of the fishing line and of course it drags the boats towards And he said, you don't know until you're here. Think think on the side, either side of the boat and that's when you know they got pirates on board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I watch Wes Anderson's going to movie. It's called The Life Aquatic with Steve Zisu and it's got Bill Murray in it, and it's got like my favorite ever scene. It's like the most low key, like weird movie ever. And then it just takes his turn midway through and Bill Murray's character they they're on this massive like boat and pirates and he just loses his shit and just goes on a rampage. He kills like twelve pirates. You need to give it a watch. Go on YouTube and have a look. You get the chance. The Life Aquatic Steve Zissu Pirates scene.
Speaker 1: A is Bill Murray's cameo Guys in zombie Land, one of the greatest cameos. Is so good. It's so good.
Speaker 3: It's the best too. And Woody Howse and does it so well. It's just so shocked. He's like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, fucking Bill Murray man.
Speaker 3: And probably one of the most tragic deaths as well.
Speaker 1: What else do you go true?
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to just correct a few things. Last week. Remember we talk about we spoke about being vegan, and I said that maybe you can have fish. I'm totally sorry. Like, the thing is, most of the vegan people I know who call themselves vegan do.
Speaker 1: Eat, well, they're not vegans.
Speaker 4: No, they're actually not. They would be pescatarian as Coeper.
Speaker 1: Points, chigans vegans. I said that was pescatarians, right, Yeah, they're like the already being vegans, but they're not really.
Speaker 4: Quite vegan purely just plant based. So no, no dairy, no no meat, no fish that we had some feedback. It's not search and destroy the arms. It's Das and Troy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the old saying is DEAs and Troy destroyed, but I think.
Speaker 4: Destroyed.
Speaker 5: It's his choosing what he calls his arms. Okay, I think you know. I usually am happy to throw a shit at Cobby here, but you if.
Speaker 4: It's your arms, you they are your lovely My.
Speaker 1: Arms and my fist. The left hand the jabs, he searches. The right hand, the right hand that comes over the top is destroyed, kill, search and destroyed.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the bicep. Sorry, so actually the whole, tiny hair, the whole. I was talking to my girlfriend last night and she went to her elderly aunt's funeral, and she said there was a woman there that no one knew. She said, but like, what do you do at a funeral? You can't go and sale you who are you?
Speaker 3: You're going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do you know whoever? Well, by the end of it, after the eulogy and the slide show, you'd gather enough information. Dude, you know I met her wherever because she used to play bridge or whatever. So so it's quite true unless it's a private funeral or invitation only, like my morbidy, Like anyone can go to a funeral. I remember your mum telling me that there was a woman in Cesno who used to go to every funeral and she would steal the food, the sandwiches, bought them in a bag at the refreshments after. I suppose if you didn't want to go and.
Speaker 3: Get grocery pretty moral.
Speaker 2: I had probably a bit of like pretty sad that Gail knew who it was though, like everyone obviously everyone knew. And then you're you're at your mum's funeral and you look over and she's there. You go, oh, you just wouldn't put sandwiches out right with some people, she needs those sandwiches that bad.
Speaker 1: Some people that are rather strange they love. Some people love tragedy like they just swim. Like when I've heard stories where people will get there and there's they're suffering loss, and all of a sudden people will just turn up with the door. They don't really know that well and oh we just here. You know you need it will comfort you now in one sense, and this is a sess I think again, in one sense, you go, oh, that that's really nice. I want to say, you know, I'd love you know whatever. Blah blah blah. But this person would turn up every time there was a death somewhere, she'd turn up there and God, would you like me to come in and have a conversation. People used to fudge on to go hang on a second. This person's getting off.
Speaker 4: And tragedy yeah, I mean one of the most horrible times of your life. You wouldn't want someone that you don't know everyone. I mean, you wouldn't even want some of your closest people, you know.
Speaker 1: Can I just say something if I die or when I die, if Bill Murray knocks on the.
Speaker 4: Door and he's allowed it.
Speaker 3: Can we what about worried Kappa.
Speaker 1: As long as an AFL venue actually go through a list and I'll say, yeah, would you.
Speaker 3: Like us to get like Kappa to run the ceremony?
Speaker 1: Like would that be like I would I'd love that. I'd like, yeah, like maybe get my ashes and throw them in the air and team get up and do a Kappa.
Speaker 5: That's one of those things I actually reckon if like if we were there planning Cobber's funeral, he'd have to come up with something like a little bit funny that like people would go, this is wrong, but we just know that Matthew would have gotten off on it. Like if we got someone there like like Kappa to like just do a speech for his everyone's like what they.
Speaker 1: Run me through a list of some people and I'll say yes or no, should put us on a spot? Well? Yeah, it would have a popular Larry being there.
Speaker 4: And neither neither of them Tom Hardy.
Speaker 1: Tom Hardy could come. It's snow and pork and tree ish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, running off with him.
Speaker 1: You know what, I let you as long as you're doing the coffin. Robert Irwin would have a problem with rob He's like a nice young fella. Keep showing them at me.
Speaker 3: Maybe Steven Tyler from.
Speaker 1: I love Steven Tyler to be They're just going to be a big do I'm really no, not a not a fan, just like there's something something not right.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about this the bloke that didn't invite you to his golf day, Mick Fanny.
Speaker 1: Sorry Mick did. Yeah, I'm on team Shark now.
Speaker 3: Shark Park.
Speaker 1: Well you played for the Sharks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll get Jason Stevens.
Speaker 1: We'll get Jason with Stevens, Trish, is it time for my film Fame and Vinyl? Film Fame and Vinyl today as well? If you listen to the audio, we'll just pay the picture in the background, Jaesu's grabbed it. There is the album off of the the debut album of the Ramones back in the Day. Firstly, how are your fans? Are we the Romones not?
Speaker 3: I'm not massive on them.
Speaker 4: I like the Ramones, yeah yeah, I think that all sounds the same.
Speaker 2: This is the thing, right, This is the thing with you, Matthew, and I love you for it. You got an old taste right sometimes like it's been thirty to forty years since they've released anything.
Speaker 4: I think they're all dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah the original lineupeah, but they're timeless and jackle back this up. Their sound is timeless. Yeah, like you have punk is it's just timeless keeps coming back again. That the genre New York punk. They came out of the Lower East Side, particularly the CBDB Club. American punk is very different the UK park it's left anger, more boat that three cord Blitz so formed in nine and seventy four.
Speaker 4: I prefer the UK.
Speaker 1: The band were inspired by Paul McCartney. Hence d D Ramone used to book into hotels as Paul Ramone. So the original lineup Joey Ramone, Johnny Ramone, d D Ramone and Tommy.
Speaker 3: What are they brothers?
Speaker 4: That's the funny thing.
Speaker 2: So they just find people named Ramone's real name was Douglas Glenn Calvin.
Speaker 1: They just had fake so Tommy Ramone, he was Hungarian and moved to America when he was a kid. Mate there was a film on him called Rock and Roll High School. In recording the famous album End of the Century, which was produced by the Wall of sound man Phil Spector of Questionable Morals.
Speaker 4: Is he in jail still?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I he is. Johnny missed a chord and Phil Spector walked in the Studow held a gun to his head and kept it there untill he nailed the chord. Compromising, but he made he hits the chord. He made the album isn't actually a true story? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is this that Wikipedia you reading?
Speaker 1: No, No, it's not. John Lennon actually spoke about it. He fired a gun above John Lennon's head once in a recording first Hits Creed Bop. Sadly, all the original members said before are dead, but an interesting one Stephen King, the horror writer mega Fan. They recorded and wrote a few songs in his basement. All up the names of the band. Okay, over the years, so he said, before the ones Joey, Johnny, d D Tommy, there was Markey Ramone, Richie Ramone, Elvis Ramone, and c J. Ramone. Which of those do you think if you were to adopt one of the.
Speaker 3: Names that's my initials?
Speaker 4: That is too Johnny, I don't really care about because he looks cool.
Speaker 3: I like d D.
Speaker 1: I like that's fits. I like Elvis Ramone.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, did you think about calling one of the boys Elvis Jack?
Speaker 1: Remember Tiger now Jack? Our dad was going to call me Tiger.
Speaker 3: Were going to be.
Speaker 5: Jack.
Speaker 1: Remember there was a TV show with the guy that Australian actor.
Speaker 3: You quite liked the blonde guy.
Speaker 1: I can't remember, No, no, no, the other one dark brunetted Feller, doesn't matter. He was in rock You're a picture show for.
Speaker 5: Alcome, I like the mate. Have you seen you in the c When it comes to CBGB, there's some great stories of the Ramones because they they do their own They run.
Speaker 3: At their own pace.
Speaker 5: Should we say they don't mind sort of doing their own thing like the.
Speaker 3: There's a good story where their first.
Speaker 5: Four songs they wrote were I don't want to walk around with you, I don't want to be tamed, I don't want to go down to the basement, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to be learned.
Speaker 5: And when Hilly Crystal from CBGB sort of suggested, maybe write something that you want to do for a change, they come up with the absolute smash banger. Now I want to sniff some.
Speaker 1: Glue and I want to be very good. I know what they want. I want to move on.
Speaker 4: Came out of who are the biggest names that came out of CBGB's Blondie.
Speaker 3: Blondie The Police did the Police?
Speaker 1: Police came out of their talking heads came out of there. They were found but still exists. No, no, it doesn't. Blondy Blondie and Deborah Harry were found by an Australian guy, Mike Chapman. Found Founder there and he went up to her. She was she was huge in New York City, but really nowhere else great music. I've got a song, I've got an album for you, which would be eventually one of the greatest albums of all time, parallel Lines, and she goes, I'm not going to sell out, and he said, that's fine. You just stay who you are. You'll aways be big in New York City. You come with me, I'll make your worldwide hit, which he did. Now, okayed, gold, Silver, Gold, Silver, Bronze. Okay, Bronze, silver, gold, trish for you.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't like much of their music. The only one I like is I want to be Sedated. All the rest you could actually put in a being. They all sound the same punk music generally.
Speaker 2: Sort of hurt disagree anyway, Yeah, I had I want to be sedated as my bronze, Blitz Greek Bop as my silver and then gold is Bonzo goes to Bitberg. They actually do like that song because as in the School of Rock, so people who like the School of Rock go and listen to it will be quite nostalgic when he's teaching the students how to play, so then they can win him some money to get Rant Chuck Black movie.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Romones ad I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've gone with Bronze, Havana Affair, Silver, Blitz, Greg Bop and number.
Speaker 3: One is I Want to be Sedated. That's that's their best.
Speaker 1: I've gone Blitz, Creen Bop, Bronze, Silver, Rockaway, Beach and Gold, Rock and Roll high School.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, true and just recom yes, well, I was going to say to you too. There's also a hit that Bruce Springsteen wrote for the Ramones that Stephen van Zen made him refuse to give it to him, which was Hungry Heart was written.
Speaker 1: It was he pushed it across the table and Stevie van Zandt looked at the chords and everything, grabbed it and pulled it back and said it wasn't It's another one.
Speaker 5: I'd love to see what the Ramones did with it. Probably would have done what you did is probably try and made it sound like the rest of their songs.
Speaker 1: Three chord Blitz Dany. My recommendation before we go, my recommendation early if you if you like the Ramones and you want to hear probably the greatest cover album of all time. There's a cover album called We're a Happy Family, a tribute to the Romote the artists covering the songs Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam Metallica, You Two Kiss, Marilyn Manson, Garbage, Green Day, and so on and so forth. That in the history of cover albums. I think that is the great sign.
Speaker 2: And if you're the if you're the two people listening, you are interested, give us a whole.
Speaker 4: Guys, next week, can we dress up as a yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking for a reason.
Speaker 2: We have new leather jack right, okay, done, all right, let's do a quick Cooper's quiz.
Speaker 3: We need a little bit of a lift.
Speaker 1: Suddenly he's got he got our he's got he's paying attention.
Speaker 2: Have you been paying attention? It's no, I'm trying to lift up the intensity.
Speaker 1: There my socks, you're wearing ship.
Speaker 2: There is Jordan's. Okay, so we're doing riddles this week. There's three riddles. You guys have to try to guess it.
Speaker 3: I'll give you.
Speaker 2: About ten seconds to think, and then you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Come up and entertain the people in that arena.
Speaker 2: If this is the first riddle, I make you weak at the worst of all times. I keep you safe. I keep you fine, and make your hands sweat and heart grow cold. I visit the week, but seldom the bold.
Speaker 5: It was the last bit, seldom seldom seldom.
Speaker 2: Sorry, my handwritning, so ship it really is. I visit the week, but seldom the bold.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: I make you weak at the worst of all times. I keep you safe, I keep you fine, make your hands sweat and heart grow cold. I visit the week, but I sell you write it down, just keep it edged in your memory, so.
Speaker 3: One more time, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I make you weak at the worst of all times. I keep you safe. I keep you fine, and make your hands sweat and heart grow cold. I visit the week, but seldom the old.
Speaker 4: The bowl, the bul.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Trisakrafur?
Speaker 4: Is it a fever?
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say yes or no until.
Speaker 1: I get around Jack, fear Jared, I'm lost, I'm sorry, I just sweat. I'll shut out.
Speaker 2: Fear Jack don't.
Speaker 1: Jack Yeah, no, I know that. But you wanted an answer. I just gave yourself.
Speaker 3: I gave you the.
Speaker 4: Longest keep you save. Yeah. Okay, yeah, yeah, very good, very good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Second one? Where do you find roads without cars? Forests without trees, and cities without horses?
Speaker 1: One more?
Speaker 2: Where do you find roads without cars? Forests without trees, and cities without houses?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Mate, your handwriting is really bad.
Speaker 1: You're handwriting getting one of those books.
Speaker 4: There's pursy books.
Speaker 2: Roads without cars, forests without trees, and cities without houses.
Speaker 3: Where do you find those?
Speaker 4: Moon?
Speaker 2: There's one answer.
Speaker 4: I'll give you, and I wouldn't say I'm incorrect.
Speaker 2: One more time for me, But where do you find roads without cars? Forests without trees, and cities without houses?
Speaker 3: Where do you Where would you find that?
Speaker 2: Oh? It's so simple?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is when you've got the answer, smart ass.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm I got no answer.
Speaker 4: An airport, the moon or the Milky Way or something a map.
Speaker 1: We bring.
Speaker 2: That's that's good when that was a It's so simple and elegant. Yet it's so hard when you're not in the moment. This is the last one, Jackson. One, So if anyone can get this.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me just.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: I'm getting old. I could read my own handwriting. Okay, what goes up? Wait?
Speaker 2: Sorry, goes up, but at the same time goes down up towards the sky, down towards the ground. It's present tents and past tents. To come for a ride, just me and you.
Speaker 3: Go one more time?
Speaker 2: Goes up but at the same time goes down up to it's the sky, down towards the ground, its present tents and past tense to come for a ride, just me and you. What am I? I'm really slow today, man, I didn't make an easy for you.
Speaker 3: Has anyone going.
Speaker 2: Really focused on the what goes up at the same time goes down?
Speaker 3: That might help you?
Speaker 1: Goes down gravity?
Speaker 2: Does anyone else have an answer? Or you all silly, silly boys?
Speaker 5: You've done it poor today. I reckon the riddles.
Speaker 2: But the sun and the moon that's a pretty good answer.
Speaker 3: I don't have an answer a seesaw. That's so s.
Speaker 5: You because I had a quiz today, to the hyphen quiz, and guess what my quiz questions were.
Speaker 3: What they were riddles? They were a lot better riddles than yours.
Speaker 2: They're like five would were you going to tell anyone when we did the rundown?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the king of riddles is Johnny alias Johnny will call Matthew, how are you, Johnny? What's doing? Mate? I've got a riddle for you. So he'll just present you the riddle and then he won't hang up until you do it. So we'll drive one day, Trish and I I reckon for an hour in the car. Let me just repeat it one more time.
Speaker 5: I'll offer you something here. How about I come at you with my quiz and if it's ship, will just cut it out.
Speaker 3: How about that.
Speaker 1: Sounds good? All right? Okay, let's put the foot.
Speaker 3: On the accelera right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is called the hyphenated Riddle Quiz by Jack John's. I've given you each your name. That name is a high phenated name that you will have to use to buzz in for your answer. Matthew John's you have the hardest one, because you're very good at quizzes. Jane Claude van Dam, you get through the entire name. Cooper John's, you are Billy Bob Thornton. Truce John's you are Philip Seymour Hoffman. You have to go through the whole name, and then I'll choose the person to give the answer. These aren't very hard riddles.
Speaker 3: First one, what has hands but can't clap? Billy Bob Thornton. What is it o'clock? Cooper Johns? There you go?
Speaker 5: Each ship number two true keeps gore for me. Please, the more you take in, the more you leave behind?
Speaker 3: What am I? Tilly Bob Thornton? Yeah, the more you take in? Is it? The more you take your steps? Cooper Johns had that one. Everyone remember their names, by the way. Okay.
Speaker 5: Next one, I speak without a mouth, I hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with the wind.
Speaker 3: What am I.
Speaker 1: Jing called the van dam? Yes, the kite?
Speaker 3: No, that would answer, though some one with time I speak.
Speaker 5: I speak without a mouth, and here without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with the wind.
Speaker 1: What am I?
Speaker 4: Oh, sorry, Philipsymore Hoffmann.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, I would say, come alive with the wind? Speak is it lightning?
Speaker 3: It's not? It was it was echo. Okay?
Speaker 5: Next one, all right? Last three that are quite easy. What has to be broken before you can use it?
Speaker 3: Billy Bob Thornton, A horse?
Speaker 1: Break that thing in Oh, that's a good one, though, break What.
Speaker 5: Has to be broken before you can use it?
Speaker 4: Hm, I'm really bad at riddles to.
Speaker 1: Be broken before?
Speaker 4: Think breakfast Jesus, Philip Seymour Hoffman an egg?
Speaker 5: Yeah, trist John's two one one two one zero?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Next one. I'm tall when i'm young, and I'm short when i'm old.
Speaker 1: What am I tall when I'm old, short when i'm young?
Speaker 3: Think lighting?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Could you say that again?
Speaker 3: I'm tall when i'm young and I'm short when I'm old. What am i?
Speaker 4: Philipsy Moore Hoffmann, am my shadow?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Billy Bob thought, yes, my circuit, You're not Cobber.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling good about you right now?
Speaker 3: Think lighting? Not? What did people do use before?
Speaker 1: Lights? Candle? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Last one?
Speaker 1: All right? Well nuts with my looks?
Speaker 5: Okay, get your names ready? What can travel around the world while staying in the same corner?
Speaker 2: Billy Bob Thornton, Yes, travel around the world?
Speaker 3: Is it the moon? No? You're out? Someone here? Can I'm still this from Cooper?
Speaker 4: Okay? Say the game?
Speaker 5: What can travel around the world while stay in the same corner?
Speaker 4: Philip Seymour Hoffman the sun?
Speaker 3: No, but you could. You could be in here, mate, glorious comeback. What can travel around the world while staying in the same.
Speaker 1: Corner around the same around the world? Was staying in shinkled vandam yes, I just say an aeroplane.
Speaker 3: No, it's a stamp.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's that's pretty good. It's very good. People.
Speaker 4: What stamps are you you?
Speaker 3: You're acting like a real stamp them all right? Go you well done? Well done?
Speaker 2: Oh you're welcome? Was the riddle, king, is that us done?
Speaker 4: By the way, I think we're done.
Speaker 1: I think we're do you know what?
Speaker 4: Though? There was a husband who ask to his wife why did you marry me? And she goes, because you're really funny, And he said, oh I thought it was gonna sound was good in bed, And she goes, see, I told you you're hilarious. That's all right, that's all right.
Speaker 3: I didn't read it.
Speaker 1: What do you source these jokes places for people?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm concerned. Okay, guys, have.
Speaker 4: A good week, have a great weekend, do something fun
Speaker 3: Or don't