Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders.
Speaker 2: And I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral, or has your gripped, we're talking about it coming.
Speaker 2: Up on this episode. You already know what we're talking about. Last night was the Wicked movie premiere in Sydney. Big event, big show. I met Ariana and Cynthia and some of the rest of the cast. I take you through all of the behind the scenes because I know you all love that. It's a big show, doll.
Speaker 1: Plus, we kind of didn't talk about anything else.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, actually that's not true about it.
Speaker 1: Just nothing else you want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Good deal me in Doe. Let's go. Good morning, Matt, Good morning.
Speaker 1: You know what, I was just sitting here staring at you, and I had a cute little moment in my mind. Why because I just thought, isn't it so cool that we get to see each other every week? I know it's really lame, but like, we've been friends for so long, and we would go, like before we did High Scrollers, we would go like twelve months and not see each other because you're just in Sydney. I'm in Ui. And now thanks to Nova, this sounds like I'm leading into some sort of ad, but I'm not. Thanks to Nova, we get to see each other every fucking way.
Speaker 2: We literally would go twelve months like without seeing without hanging out. We obviously would speak all the time and all the rest of that. But you know, even before you kind of quit your full time influencing, you never really went to events and things like that, whereas you know, I was, so we never just like ran into each other naturally either, like.
Speaker 1: We Yeah, it's just really nice. Speaking of events, I feel like we have a big event to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god, we've got to and obviously it's gonna be my royal flush of the entire year, so we better but quickly get to that soon. But I feel like, first of all, we need to remind everyone if you haven't voted today for fate in the TikTok Awards. Please, Hey, you know what was great? Last night? I remembered about eleven to fifty pm, Oh, I've got a vote, and then ten minutes later I was able to vote again.
Speaker 1: I haven't goted today. I've been voting every day off my account and the Fate account And in case you missed it, we'll leave the link in the show notes. But we are nominated in the TikTok Awards, which is coming up this month, and we're nominated for Business of the Year. I feel like we're very deserving of it, if if I'm being honest, yeah, I think so too. We do a lot and we just did a lot for our customers last week, which again I think we'll talk about close friends. Yeah, because Matt was there. It was a big show. It was a bit of High Scrollers live, Honey, you would have fucking loved it. We gave a shout out to High Scrollers. It was so good. But we'll talk about that in close friends. So if you haven't voted, please do. You can vote every day from now until the thirteenth of November, and it takes like two fucking seconds, so literally.
Speaker 2: Surely, Okay, what other housekeeping do we have? Oh, last week I forgot to promo my live shows at the start of the episode. I had to do it at the end because I forgot, because I'm, you know, so on the ball. So this week, Hi everyone, if you didn't hear at the end of last week's episode, I'm going on tour with Mitchell Koons. We've got can't be bothered the Christmas tour coming to Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
Speaker 1: When is the Sydney one?
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh, don't put me on the spotty.
Speaker 1: I feel like I should come, but I'm also like just fucking done with Yeah.
Speaker 2: So fair same but yeah, like I think if you want to come along and have a camp night out. Mitchell and I have started planning the show now. It's actually going to be much better than I even expected. I know it would be good, but I'm like, no, people are gonna love this.
Speaker 1: There was two girls at the Fate event last Thursday. I don't know if they spoke to you, but they come up to me and said, we just got tickets for Matt's shows. Like they I don't know if they had just met that night, but anyway, there's two people coming to see you from the.
Speaker 2: Fate Night, Love. I can't wait to see everyone. It'll be nice way to wrap up the year. And then the last thing is how many bloody ars in the making, dol. Tomorrow is a big day for.
Speaker 1: You, Lazy.
Speaker 2: Did you forget it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, wait, what are we talking about? Yeah, it's Glazy Day tomorrow, It's Glazy fucking week. I mean, we don't have to go into detail about it. All you need to know is Glazy launches tomorrow, Wednesday, the sixth of November. Over two years in the making. We gave away two hundred of them for free at the Fate Night and you had your Oprah Winfrey moment, you get a Glazy, you get a Glazy and everyone was screaming down the room.
Speaker 2: Reaction was, Oh, we can't talk too much about it.
Speaker 1: Save it for close friends. So make sure you tune in on Friday. But all you need to know is Glazy launches tomorrow. If you're listening to this, the day it comes out.
Speaker 2: We'll have to tell you all the drama that went on behind the scene obviously event, because obviously we kept it under wraps forever at the event. Yeah, yeah, Juicy Juicy on Friday. Everyone. Anyway, I think that's enough. We need to get onto the real reason people are listening to this episode.
Speaker 1: Hariana Grande touched you on the shoulder. That's what we need to talk about.
Speaker 2: Right. Let's kick off Royal Flush time.
Speaker 3: People, please be upstanding for the Royal Flush.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's time for our Royal Flush of the week now, Brittany, I feel you should go first.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 2: First of all, so we create some sort of anticipation.
Speaker 1: For I'm just trying to ask you all about fucking I know.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's going to be a long kind of segment, like I'm going to talk a lot. So I'm like, you go for your life. Otherwise we'll totally forget. We might run out of time and not be able to do your Royal flush. So you better go first.
Speaker 1: I'll start. I'll start, well, I feel like this is a good week for my Royal flush because it's just little. It's just a TikTok account that I stumbled across on my FYP and it's like it's a bit cheesy, but I think that's the whole point. So there's a guy on TikTok and his name is David the Grateful Guy. Have you seen him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Can you guess what it is?
Speaker 2: He's grateful for things?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is quite literally just that he popped up a couple of times for me. And his whole account is him. I don't. I think it's every day he posts a video about something that he's grateful for, and the whole thing is just to like, let me just get up his page for two seconds. It says in his bio what the whole point of it is? Okay, So it's David the Grateful Guy and his username is today I Am grateful. He's got one hundred and seventy thousand followers, and the bio is daily positive points to build gratitude, and it's just really funny, like some of his videos like pop off and he's like, today, I am grateful for my bed, and it's like he's just being grateful for the most small little things. And I know that can seem like cheesy and silly, but I love it because I just think life is a rat race, like we're all just trying to do the most. We're all fucking burning ourselves out, like and I feel like I'm doing all these things, and I'm trying to also wait to enjoy my life, like I feel like I'm waiting to enjoy my life, like I keep saying, oh, when we do this, then, you know, like when our house is done, then I will relax kind of thing. Are you right then?
Speaker 2: I don't know if the chair. Sorry, I'm not grateful for this chair today, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I think we all, especially in twenty twenty four, we are just living life on fast forward fucking mode everyone, every single one of us. And a silly little account like that on TikTok is just like a good reminder that we do need to be grateful. I don't mean to be all weird like this, but you know, we need to actually be grateful for the little fucking things and.
Speaker 2: Take time to stop and smell the rose, even if.
Speaker 1: It's somethings simple as having a warm bed with fresh sheets on it. I know that's like woo woo, lardy dark, but genuine like, we need to be grateful for the little things.
Speaker 2: There are so many people in the world who don't have a warm bed and friends.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, and we're out here crying because our Amazon delivery didn't get here. The day that it fucking said that it would, you know, love you Amazon. You know, we can get so caught up in just wanting everything now or yesterday, and I just love that account for just a little bit of positivity and just reminding us that we need to be grateful because we are very fucking lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh that's nice. What a nice way to start our Tuesday every week?
Speaker 1: I'm okay, Matt, no before we keep going. Okay, besides meeting Ariana Grande, what are you grateful for today today?
Speaker 2: I am grateful for my body that can get me from point A to B. I'm grateful for this water that I'm drinking currently because it's so refreshing. I'm grateful for Nova and you and this studio and my salary. I'm grateful for so many things. I feel like I am a grateful person though, like I'm always I mean, I don't take time to stop and smell the roses in the sense of like I'm very much like you, going what's next, What's next? What next? Like like there's not you know, when fabulous things happen, it's not long that I like dwell on that. I'm like, right, what are we doing next? In that respect. But I feel I'm very grateful, very like I understand the privilege that I have, and I understand all of the fabulous things that happen in my life because I feel like it's people like this. It's got all to do with how you grew up, you know what I mean, and how you were brought up, and what you had when you were younger, and if you didn't have much or the best things or new things, they might have been secondhand things. Whatever. It is like it makes you appreciate a lot of those things a lot more when you're older. I don't know. Maybe I'm just talking about my ass though, who cares.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, what are you grateful for today? Today? I am grateful for the trades that are working at my house, even though I've been raging that they haven't fucking been there for the last two weeks. I'm grateful that they are there working very hard on my house so that it can be finished. That's not really something to be grateful.
Speaker 2: For, it really, but yeah, you did. Well.
Speaker 1: I'm grateful for the beautiful drive that I did to Sydney this morning, even though well, I'm trying to be grateful here like Usually it's like, ugh, like I left at seven thirty. Fuck, you know, usually it's like that. But instead, I'm going to change my way of thinking instead of oh, I had to leave at seven thirty to go to Paramounta this morning to get here. Instead, I'm grateful that I got to drive in my lovely car, listening to some nice music in my beautiful car, and I got to see all the beautiful nature on the way. It's actually a nice drive from Newcastle to Sydney, the coastal, windy roads, beautiful trees and mountains. So it's what I'm grateful for today.
Speaker 2: I also saw a quote which this doesn't really have anything to do with this, but also my we're being sentimental. I saw quite this mon that I felt resonated with me on Emma Horn's status, oh status on her story sorry status. She's done a faithful.
Speaker 1: Bring back with Facebook statuses.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we got some petty gripes with Facebook. In a minute, I'll get to that soon. But she's put up this quote that says, it's less about getting people to meet my needs and more about who I choose to trust to hold my vulnerabilities. Nice. Again, nothing to do with what we're talking about. But I thought, well, we're being sentimental all that this morning and went, wow, that's a good one, isn't it. Anyway?
Speaker 1: So inspirational.
Speaker 2: Man, you're grateful for.
Speaker 1: I mean everything, if you really want to think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leit your voice, Yep. Grateful to have your voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my body, I would say, yep. Anyway, can we talk about Ariana Granta now, because I'm just waiting?
Speaker 2: No, sorry, grateful for one more thing? What our scrollers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we met a lot of them last week at the Fate of It too, which was nice.
Speaker 2: So good. But yes, let's talk Ariana Grande plays because there's so much to talk about, not only the meeting that I had with her, the meeting about a zoom meeting, you know, not the little interaction we had. Yes, that's one part of the entire night. I want to take you through the entire thing. And obviously, for those who may not be aware or haven't seen on Instagram or in the Scrollers chat, I did have a little interaction with Arion Granda and Cynthia Rivo. Now I'll get to that soon. Yeah, But I first of all want to talk about the event of the Wicked premiere and also the movie itself, because I feel like a lot of people are wanting to hear my thoughts on the movie, so I thought i'd start with the movie for you all. You will know how much Wicked means to me. You will know that it is like my favorite thing in the entire world. I first fell in love with Wicked when I found this grainy little YouTube video which is still on YouTube to this day. I found it this morning. I think I found it. It's I think it's from like the two thousand and four Tony Awards, which is like the Grammys of the Broadway musical industry. But I think I discovered it in two thousand and seven and it was aDNA Menzel and Christian Chenna with performing Define Gravity at the Tony Awards. And that's when I fell in love with Wicked. And then couldn't tell you how many bloody times I've seen it. Obsessed, got all the merch, got all the everything, no every word to every song, love it. So going in to watch this movie, I am obviously going to be the harshest critic of them all.
Speaker 1: And you have no like You don't hold back if you don't like something.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not absolutely not. So I was prepared to absolutely hate this movie and I went in.
Speaker 1: Going and by the way, no spoilers, right.
Speaker 2: No, god, no, obviously, but also can I just actually yeah, give us there are probably two big major spoilers in it, which I'm not going to talk. I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to say it. I'm just saying, like what I was going to say was, it's based off the musical. We all know what happened, ye, But there were actually two things in the movie that I was like, WHOA, that's that's different. That's not as I remember or record, but it was. It was very fabulous. I I'm obviously under in bargo, So I actually can't tell you anything about what happens in the movie. I can't talk about any of the things that I saw in the movie, but I can give you my thoughts and feelings for police that well, we signed NDAs et cetera, et cetera. By attending it says on everything. By attending this event, you are under embargo till when it comes out.
Speaker 1: Of what will happen if right now you made it Instagram reel or TikTok and you talked about the whole movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd probably be sued. I'd probably be fuck. They'd probably just first of all ask me to remove it or something. But and then you'd be blacklisted from every bloody movie premiere ever because they all have this. They all have review embargoes in place, wow, for the most part, especially these really big ones like Wicked. So yeah, we're not allowed to talk about the movie at all, but I can share my thoughts and feelings and give like how many stars rated it and things like that. So basically I was prepared to hate this movie because musical movies. I'm like, it's a bit tragic, you know what I mean. I will say hair Spray's a really good one. They did a good job. Yeah, they did a really good job.
Speaker 1: This what makes me happy cry and I watch it. I remember I was gone to America and I've already seen it, but I watched it on the flight over because I was on the in flight entertainment and I was like crying, sitting in the fucking seat, like it's a happy movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So there have been some that have been done well. Well, I am here to tell you no one else's opinion matters but mine. You need to see this movie. It is ten out of ten spectacular five stars. I have no notes. Not a single thing would I say that needed to change, that needed to be better. They left out this bit. They didn't do this bit justice. No, absolutely not even parts of them musical that I am not fond of on stage and perhaps songs that I'm like. This is probably my least favorite songs. It was a life changing It's a life altering experience to see that. Oh from start to finish, I'm not even kidding. So from the very first song, I just knew, Oh, they've done this justice and this is going to be perfect from the end of the very first song. And it's also one of those things where I won't take someone else's opinion. How do I word this? You know, art is subjective. We all have different opinions. There are going to be people who see this movie and hate it. But I can tell you if you see this movie and hate it, there is something wrong with you, right, you are in the wrong. Ha. You know Barbie, I loved the Barbie movie. Yeah, but if you don't like the Barbie movie, I go fair enough. Yeah, with Wicked, I go. I've got chills. Actually, I've literally got goosebumps. I'm going, if you actually see this movie and you go, oh, that wasn't very good, you need to take a good, hard look at yourself, look inside yourself, and figure yourself out, because something's gone wrong. There's a wire loose. It is a masterpiece. I can see it being one of the biggest cultural pop culture phenomenons of our generation. It is perfect and I couldn't love it more, and I encourage everyone to go and see it now. The only thing is I am seeing it through the lens of someone who loves Wicked, so obviously I have that harsher critical lens that I'm looking at it. The only thing I will say is, if you haven't seen Wicked and you haven't seen the Broadway musical, I just genuinely don't know how you'd feel about seeing the movie, and perhaps you not liking the movie. Okay, I can understand that, right, But if you're a Wicked fan and you go into this movie and you come out and going, no, that wasn't good, honey should have gone to specsavers Because from the first song I went, this is going to be perfect, and the entire way it was, there are also parts of a movie that you can't get in a musical. And I hope this doesn't break any NDAs, but the thing is in a musical, like you know, you can obviously act sad on stage, but seeing tears on a stage isn't going to happen. So to see tears in the movie.
Speaker 1: It's like there was more emotion.
Speaker 2: Parts where characters cry and we actually see the tears on their face. I'm like, oh my god, like that. I don't know. That was just a magical moment. And I will say that defying gravity, I had a visceral reaction to actually started shaking and like just sobbing so much at the way that they built that up. And what do you call it, the cinematography of it all. Yeah, holy shit, Like it really couldn't be any better. So that's all I'll say. No more spoilers about the movie or anything like that, not that there were really any in there, but you have to go and see it, and I think every Wicked fan will know that they have done it justice. I also want to say as well, I love Ariana Grande. I obviously thought she'd be in and she would be the standout for me personally absolutely not. Cynthia Arrivo. This is her film, This is her film. She is incredible. Her voice, I just I'm actually gonna cry, like she's actually just portrayed Alpha Bar in the most perfect way, but also made it her own.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: But the thing that made my jaw drop, like the entire movie was just how good Cynthia Arrivo was.
Speaker 1: I think one of the coolest things as well, because I've been seeing like all the behind the scenes like interviews with both of them pop up all over my TikTok. One of the coolest things is the fact that they sing live in the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which doesn't often happen.
Speaker 1: No, Usually that's like pre recording in the studio, and then when they're filming the movie, they're like lip syncing. Yes, But all the singing that you see in the movie is live on the set. Yes, they sung as they're walking through the set.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: How fucking cool is that?
Speaker 2: I know? And you can actually Hell, that's one thing that I noticed in.
Speaker 1: It be like one hundred percent perfect.
Speaker 2: Well in the I think what they've done is they've sung on set, but the recording is in a studio, right, But they've just sung, because what I noticed about this movie musical is you could tell that they were really singing, Like you could see with the mouth movements and things like that, that Arianna was putting a whole doussie into.
Speaker 1: That rather than just like lip singing and opening their mouth and looking pretty like you can tell they're singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think that obviously, well, I would assume that they haven't used the recording, you know, they haven't used the recording their voices while they're although they sung, what did.
Speaker 1: Because I've seen behind the scenes clips of them singing loudly as they're on the set.
Speaker 2: I know, but I think they've done that. But then they've overlaid and actually audio track for the final thing. But who knows.
Speaker 1: How was the guy, like the main guy? Yeah, but who's like he the actor? What's his actual name?
Speaker 2: Jonathan Bailey? Yeah? He was hot, fabulous, gorgeous. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love him in Bridgeton, so I'm excited to see him in something else.
Speaker 2: There's not much more I can say without you know, yeah, don't spoil it, but you know, breaking my nda. So, but there's so much more I could say because that there's a Jeff Goldbloom as well, who obviously I love from the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World series. He's the Wizard of Oz. He's Camp. That's all I will say is he's Camp.
Speaker 1: Well, can we talk about the Red Carpet now?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, So let me take you through the whole event. I will say, first and foremost, not everything is as it seems online. This was like the most chaotic, worst event I've ever been to in terms of like organization. And I don't want anyone if any of this gets back to anyone who organized it. I don't want you to feel upset. But I think there was just so much dress in the in the not in the room because we're out on the street, but you know, there was so much stress around that no one really knew how to like do their jobs that day, and there were a lot of mixed messages like them. The moment I arrived, I couldn't get through. I'm literally dressed to the bloody nines as Glinda, and the security is like, I'm like, Hi, is this where we go through? And he is like, are you here for the Red Carpet? And I was like, it's like that meme that's like I'll have two tickets please, and they're like to which movie and they're dressed as Spider Man. It's like, which movie do you think? I'm like, duh, look at me, I'm dolled up to the nards, Like of course this is where I'm trying to go. And then I was just like but that was fine. And then when I got through, I kind of realized that that man being a little bit clueless on whether I was where I was going or where I was meant to be then made sense because in this little waiting area that they had us in, like one security guard, we'd be like, God, don't need you or to go over there, stand over there the right. Then we get to the right and another security guard would go, you can't stand here, guy over that way, and we were just playing ping pong with security guards like they were just pushing us round round, round, round round, And then we ended up getting on the carpet. Now here's the thing. I was there. I was invited by TikTok Australia on behalf of Universal Pictures, and that was the first invite to come through for me, and I obviously took the first one that I could get, which was the TikTok one and so I've got I've secured my place. I'm all good. And the point was we were to go on do the red carpet and then create content in the on the yellow brick road and created TikTok as like a you know, you're at the event, so here's here's the deal. You're at the event, so here's some content opportunities. Make a TikTok out of it. You know, that's the thought process behind that. Get in, do the red carpet. That's fabulous, come back around to do my content. I get a couple photos under the wicked sign. Security then starts literally pushing us, pushing inside, inside, inside, and I get it because like TikTokers at the bottom of the barrel. So it's fine because you've got usually at an event. I know people said last week they love the behind the scenes. This is usually at a big event like this. How it works. All of the red carpets are timed. You literally have heard like E. D. C. B A List celebrities. We work backwards. So at three p forty five, that was like your TikTokers, your content creators, blah blah blah. That's their scheduled time. Then you've got at four o'clock. Was like your Delta Goudrooms, your Kerry Anne Kennerley's yeah, yeah, well I didn't see Kerry Ann, but Delta Gudram was there. Those sorts of people. Then you've got your like kind of I guess just the step above celebs. I mean Delta Gudrom. I don't know if you call her an A list celebrity, but you know, if there's someone even bigger, like if Kylie Minogue was to show up, then it's her. Then it's the stars of the movie being Ariana Grande. It's so that's how it works. So I knew being invited by TikTok I was bottom of the barrel vibes and I totally got that. But I also was like, oh, I've got to create content. We haven't had time to do that. We've been pushed inside the Delta Gudrans of the world and now on the carpet. Then I was like, can I just go outside and do a video, But someone else that I know from TikTok was like, no, sorry, You've got to stay inside. Now. Inside was fine. I was having the time of my life, had a couple of drinks. They had props from the movie, like Glinda's wand and things. I got a photo with that. It was nice to like touch that, and I didn't know it was a prop from the movie until I watched the movie and was like, oh my god, that's the one that I was just holding outside. And then randomly this lady came up to me and she was like, come with me. I've got a little special section for you on the carpet. Don't know why I got chosen, but thank you. I have to say Sarah. Her name was Oh, my goodness. So she's from TikTok, Australia, and she took me out to this little that little viewing platform and I got to see all of the big stars arrive from the movie. And that was probably like an hour and a half or so. They're all coming down the carpet, doing the interviews, doing everything, and then it's Ariana and Cynthia at the end, and then they're finally like they start waving goodbye to everyone as if they're going to go inside, and I'm like, oh, they're not even gonna come past us. They were kind of going like way around us, and then they kind of double backed and started walking towards our direction. I've gone, oh shit, girls, we're on here, We're on here we go. And so I've got in position ready and here's the thing. Like I'd been watching them for ages, so I knew that they were Obviously they had thousands of fans there waiting to take photos with They can't spend much time with each person. So in my brain, I'm going, I'm only gonna be able to get a pick. I'll take a video and just screenshot the video because they're not gonna talk to me. They're not gonna interact with me. They're not gonna do any of that. And so of course when they start coming by, I'm trying to like get the selfie and waving, and then miss Ariana Grande decides to tap me on the shoulder a moment of silence to.
Speaker 1: Knowing you and I've watched that video like four times because you were looking at your phone like you weren't looking back at her.
Speaker 2: And then she taps you.
Speaker 1: On the shoulder and you turn around and she goes, You're so cute. Did you black out in that moment? I could tell because the way you talk back to her you're like, you.
Speaker 2: Two, so let me take you through. Let me take you tell that.
Speaker 1: You were blacked out, Like because I know you, I'm like, he's blacked out.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing you have to understand. I did not expect them to talk to me, let alone tap me on the shoulder. Let alone stop and you know interact. I was like, I'm gonna I have one and a half seconds here to get a quick photo to put in the scrobller's chat, you know, like.
Speaker 1: It was because you had your back turned to her, Like she was like, excuse me, look at me.
Speaker 2: So basically I'm under that impression. So when she tested me on the shoulder and I turn around and in this literally this happens in one second. Yeah, she's tapped me on the shoulder. I've turned around. I've realized it's Ariana Grande tapping me on the shoulder. She goes, oh my god, you look so cute. I just go, I'm dressed as you.
Speaker 1: Is that what you said? But you said it in the funniest boys. I'm like, Matt is blasdy, I'm.
Speaker 2: Dressed as you, like I said. She couldn't fucking tell. I was like, I'm like I'm sweating thinking about this.
Speaker 1: So then lucky you said that not something like really embarrassing.
Speaker 2: So then what happens is she's like, oh my god, love love your dress. Then she goes to the person next to me. Now this has caused a bit of a racissanline because it looks like I turned my back on her while she's trying to compliment me like in the video. And I know it looks like that, and I knew before posting that people would think that, and I was like, that's so annoying. But what happens is she actually goes to the person next to me and starts complimenting them. And of course this all happens in one second. Yeah, I've gone, My moment's done, My moment's over. Let me turn back around quickly, try and get another little selfie with her in the background or something, because I didn't get the chance to do that at the start because she tapped me on the shoulder. So I'm like, let me turn it around and try and do that again. But it looks like she's like complimenting me and I turn my back on her. But she actually moved on to the person next to me and started complimenting a bit.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you were blacked out.
Speaker 2: No, literally, Oh, if anyone in this situation, though, like how would you act, you don't it's so like hearsay, you know what I mean. Like, it's like you wouldn't know how you'd react in that moment, and even if I knew how I would, it all goes out the window, you know. And so then I've turned back around to say hi to Cynthia as well, and Cynthia's just obsessed with me, and she's like, oh my god, you look so good. And then I'm saying, have a fabulous night tonight, have the best time ever. And Cynthia goes, thank you baby, love your nails, and then we had this little nail moment and we're like and then they kept walking, and then I just turned around and went, oh my god, you're jog because obviously, like I didn't expect. I didn't expect all that. I thought I'd struggle to get a blurry photo with him and that'd be the end of the day. So to get that interaction insane to me. Honestly, couldn't be happier. And the universe is just obsessed with me.
Speaker 1: Okay. My next question is did you see Eaton Slater?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he was very lovely. He was much cut in real life than in the movie. In the movie, I was like, oh, but in real life I was like, oh no, he's got some charisma. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've seen a lot of videos of him popping up because obviously the way that him and Arianna got together was very controversial. I'm sure everyone knows. But then like now I've seen like more videos and photos of them together, and I saw videos of them like arriving in Sydney and stuff, or like at the hotel, and people who have been commenting like, Okay, Ariana, I get it now, like yeah, they're like starting to think he's hot or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is quite charming in real life. Yeah. Well so yeah, I think he plays like silly characters. Yeah, and it's like, you know, in the movie dressed as boch, like he's not anything special. But yeah, he was really quite handsome and charming in real life. So yeah, Okay, another question.
Speaker 1: You've obviously just been and seen Wicked the movie. You loved it. I need to know did people sing in the theater?
Speaker 2: Did they let me tell you, I'm gonna have to go another ten times and see it in a cinema by myself because the people around me nah singing along to every song, clapping, the clapping, the applause. I was like, can ya shut up so I can concentrate on this movie. Please sing?
Speaker 1: I think if you're going to see like a sing along, like if you're gonna go see Taylor Swift concert in the movie's fair, everyone's gonna sing. But if you're going to see Wicked at the premiere or just Wicked in general, shut up. Yeah, don't sing the songs because then we can't hear the people on the screen.
Speaker 2: There were also parts where in the movie the songs change a little bit, or they sing parts at different parts, but people around kept singing in the natural they're singing the wrong timing. I was like, girl, this is not your moment, this is not your moment. Sit down and shut up.
Speaker 1: I think singing should be banned from movies. And I get it, it's Wicked, it's fun, you want you know the words, don't sing it, but go.
Speaker 2: To a sing along version. Surely movie cinemas should do sing along versions where that's okay, But there are some of us who just want you to keep your mouth closed. They also were so strict with phones. They were like, don't even have your phone out you Obviously it's another twenty days or something till the movie comes out. And even people if they checked the time, they'd have a laser pointer on them straight away. Security and March they're ass down and tell them to open their camera roll and all the rest of it. Yeah, it was really.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt. I think that is your royal flush of your life.
Speaker 2: It is my royal flush of my life. And I do have to say, as well, a big thank you to TikTok who last week on the podcast. I was like, I I never get anything from them, they never give me anything. Well, they've given me one of the best bloody experiences of my life. And I will say the response online. I find it funny that like Instagram, everyone is so supportive, even TikTok. Everyone has been so supportive and was like you you deserve this so much, like so happy for you. That was really nice. Facebook different bloody story. Everyone on Facebook. What's going on over there?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just think they're all just like miserable. On Facebook, it had so many hate comments, so I had to delete a lot of them.
Speaker 1: And they also had comments on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Yes, and a lot of people like brought up like the turning around thing and things like that, which was like fair enough because I was like, that's what it looks like happened anyway. But a lot of people just like complaining, like, get off your phone and enjoy the moment. Okay, let's talk about this. Actually, I hate when people are like, put your phone down and just enjoy the moment. Couldn't disagree more. Sorry, Absolutely not. Memories fade. There's gonna be one day in my life. I've got dementia, I've got Alzheimer's. Who knows. I can't remember what's happened in my life. Thank god, I've got a video of the special moments in my life that I can look back on to remember, because memories will fade. So I'm always about people. If you want to film whatever you want to film, absolutely film you know.
Speaker 1: I will say though, like it is pretty cool. I'm going against you here. It is cool when you see old photos of concerts and no one has their phone. Have you seen those and everyone's just like dancing with their hands up. I will say that's cool. But I agree that I like to capture like a special moment.
Speaker 2: But I wonder if you know, there's a grandma sitting out there right now, going, oh, I saw Elvis. Can't remember what he looked like, I can't remember what he sung, can't remember what he will but now I saw him. I mean, what was the point?
Speaker 1: I'll Cheryl is the thing that I think as well. I am so confused by like the cloud, yes, because like you know, we've got all of our photos on our camera roll now, but I haven't ever stored anything in the cloud, I don't think because I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I have to buy it. What do you mean, Like you know, so I've never seen anything up to the cloud. So all these memories that we're capturing in our phones now, surely we're like, surely we're going to lose them by the time we're eighty.
Speaker 2: I'm keeping them on my hard drive, so you've got.
Speaker 1: But if your house burns down.
Speaker 2: Well the hard drive will be recoverable. They're pretty tough. There's one terrible little bitches. But yes, I don't I have already told this story before. The famous reason I don't use the cloud is because back in the day, back in high school, my family's phones all synced to the cloud and swapped.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what was on there?
Speaker 2: And I synced my phone to the cloud and the next thing I know, my phone has turned into my stepmum's phone, and my stepmum's phone has turned into my phone, and she's downstairs and they've swapped. And I've got no idea how this happened. And I still don't know.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 2: I ran downstairs as soon as I know, like as soon as I realized it was someone else's fine, and then went, oh my god, oh my god, I've run. I find some slot. We gotta fix this. And I don't know, still don't know to this day how it happened. This is when the cloud first came about.
Speaker 1: I don't fucking get the cloud. I don't understand. I'm like, what do you mean I have to pay to store photos? Like yeah, in the sky, Like I don't fucking get it. That's one thing I don't get. Where are the photos being stored?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where I don't know, but thank god they are because we can look back on the memories.
Speaker 1: But what if Apple crashes, like you know, what I mean, like we were hanging on to these, but what if Apple the company goes under by the time we're eighty, the photos are going to be gone. I thought it was gonna have my MySpace profile forever. It's gone true smith Ens see yah, all my uten school formal photos are on there. I'm never getting those motherfuckers back.
Speaker 2: Also, one more point that I just thought of as well. Yeah, just while we're talking about the fact that I was videoing the moment and people are like, get off your phone.
Speaker 1: There are all boomers comment They're all boomers for sure.
Speaker 2: But the other thing is I'm literally booked to be there as a content creator to make tiktoks, Like it's literally my job. The whole reason I'm there is literally to get a video so to be like, put your phone down and enjoy the moment. No, you're fucking idiot. I meant to get the fucking moment to put it on my sashals. It's a whole reason i'm there, So shut your mouth. You know. Another rant in the books for me? Oh my god, I've got so many. I think we should do it an episode soon. We'll just go back and forth. I love it a Close Friends episode in a few weeks. But anyway, great moment, clear up the rumors that I turn my back on her and that I need to put my phone down and live in the moment. And finally Wicked from one of the biggest Wicked fans, is literally perfect and you must see the movie.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna watch it. Your head Love be available on streaming service.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm gonna wait to then because I will walk out if people start singing, like I'm gonna wait or I'm gonna go to fucking gold class because surely people in there way, yes, surely, Like is it like the kids' nights? It wouldn't be the kids that sing, it's just fucking mega fans don't sing in the movie.
Speaker 2: I think give it, give it like two weeks and you'll be fine. I think all the big fans will like.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? If I take aj he will like it. M like at all, he's never seen Wicked.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's hard for me to answer that one. Yeah, I'm just knowing.
Speaker 1: Gold Class so he can just like eat and drink the whole time. He won't be so bothered if he doesn't love it.
Speaker 2: I'm also like knowing a J. Maybe not, but I'll tell you what he.
Speaker 1: Did last night. He was on the lounge and like, I heard the movie sounds come on. I'm like, what are you watching? He goes, Oh, she's the man?
Speaker 2: Have you never seen that?
Speaker 1: He goes, no, what is it? Like? It's really good?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Like okay, And he watched the whole thing.
Speaker 2: He loved it. Maybe he will like Wicked.
Speaker 1: And he picked that out of everything.
Speaker 2: Did you watch it with him? No?
Speaker 1: I've seen it a billion times?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, sa, I don't think I could watch it again.
Speaker 1: Good movie. Yeah, He's like, you watch it? You want to watch with me? Like I was doing that one hundred times literally, and he was cracking up throughout it.
Speaker 2: I love AJ.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, we have officially done a whole episode and not even got past the fucking royal flushes.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but we just had so much to talk about and we hope you enjoyed hearing a little bit of the behind the scenes. Again. Thank you to TikTok Australia and Universal Pictures Australia for inviting me and having me and I know I said the event was fucking chaos, but obviously had the best night ever. But the event was fucking chaos. That's where I was going with it. I don't think I ever explained that. By the way, so many people weren't able to get in. Oh yeah, a lot of my social media friends they didn't even get it, or they got in right at the end, but they missed like the whole thing because some unorganized it was unorganized. I don't know. I know, you'll tried your best. I had a good night, that's all that matters. But Jesus security was rough. They was rough last night. But anyway, why do they.
Speaker 1: Started in Australia, by the way, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think because it's odd. Yeah, yeah, I think that makes the most sense.
Speaker 1: They probably go Australia's the furthest away, let's get it the fuck out. Yeah, way and done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How many places do they go? Do you know?
Speaker 2: Five? All up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: But I think it's like two of them in America, two in Europe or London or something. And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, shure they're included.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, yeah, I feel.
Speaker 1: We're really behind on lots of things.
Speaker 2: I feel Australia is up there a lot of people forget. I remember the day I found out that Australia is the same size as America. But we think America is so big. Yes, they've got more people, I get it, they've got more states, whatever. But I thought Australia was small. Australia is quite freaking big. And what was it like ninety something percent of people live within ten kilometers of the coastline, which is where all the major cities are. So it's like, you know, come here more often, Purples. We've got a lot to offer down under. Agree anyway, Another reminder, TikTok Awards. Got to vote for Fate. Please to my bloody show. Please.
Speaker 1: I feel like a desperate loser.
Speaker 2: I know, but you gotta you gotta like that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Like, I feel like a desperate loser, but it's it's voted by the people, so of course I've got to ask. But I'm like, I feel dumb, but still vote.
Speaker 2: And I feel it's like more embarrassing when you lose.
Speaker 1: I know, because I've fucking asked everyone everything still didn't win exactly how.
Speaker 2: Embarrassing is that gonna be?
Speaker 1: I know that are well, I might vanish if we don't no one sees me ever again.
Speaker 2: We'll just piss about it on the week's episode the you know, the week after episode after the awards, we'll just piss and go loving with that.
Speaker 1: Or maybe you should record that day. By the way, that might be a conversation we can have at the end because it's on a Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's the internal conversation we'll have afod anyway, make sure you do all the things. Please rate us five stars, open me buy tickets to match show, gay Lunches to my lazy launch. I might come to your show matter if I can be bothered to come to Sydney again.
Speaker 2: Can't be bothered with anything at the moment, so I totally get it. But anyway, I better let you go. Security is telling me I can't stand here. Oh my god, where am I going? Love