Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne, Jason Lauren, We'll start your morning the right away.
Speaker 2: Great, this is Jason Lauren. Melvin's No, you're one hundred. Well, good morning everybody. Welcoming a Wednesday. Have you doing?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Are we We are good. We're still live from the nov mother Ship. We're doing the show from Sydney this morning and then we head back home to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Back home to Melbourne. I can't wait to get home. I feel like I've hardly been home.
Speaker 5: We haven't been home.
Speaker 4: No, we've been We've been.
Speaker 5: Happy, traveling, gallivanting around the world America.
Speaker 4: No, it's time to go home. It's time to go home. It's time to stay home for quite some time. I don't want to leave my suburb. Welcome to my at least six weeks, maybe a month.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, yes, but that's fine.
Speaker 4: No month, you need a month in my house.
Speaker 2: This is what mate. You're not going to drag me out a bent lead to the rest of the Year's now.
Speaker 4: Click, you've got your dogs out this morning, my dogs. You got the toes out.
Speaker 5: He's injured. I'm still very injured in the foot department. Yesterday were dragging on.
Speaker 4: Dragging through your ailments.
Speaker 2: The Nover photo shoot. When the guy said can you jump oh no and clingers my toe?
Speaker 5: I was just no, I did. I jumped on I've got a I don't want it. It's it's old ground.
Speaker 4: He's got he's got a boister.
Speaker 5: I've got a broken toe.
Speaker 4: Now, I've got a broken toe.
Speaker 2: If anybody.
Speaker 4: Call it a broken toe until you get next ray and show that it's broken.
Speaker 2: Oh that's remember at school. But like I think I broke my arm.
Speaker 4: Go and get a next ray tar and then I'll hear.
Speaker 2: A past and let me sign it. Otherwise I don't want to know about it. If anyone is listening from Virgin Australia, if you can help us organize a cart to be on at Sydney Airport today or when we touched down in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what, I'll take it if we're gonna have I'm feeling this morning.
Speaker 2: To take him through the terminal. I'm in a great mod. Guess what I did?
Speaker 4: What did you do? You stayed up late and party?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, you know the air con you know how your stays?
Speaker 5: What for this?
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: So the hotel yesterday?
Speaker 4: You're in a foul mood.
Speaker 2: The air con went out, and I almost don't. I don't think it was eight.
Speaker 5: What's zeo?
Speaker 4: Just like low power?
Speaker 2: I thought it does nothing.
Speaker 4: No, that's turned off.
Speaker 2: So you know how we're saying it goes in the eco made you stay when we went in the room, I thought, I wonder if it does it when we're sleeping, So set my alarm at one am, woke up and put the air coon back on.
Speaker 4: Mind didn't turn off when I was sleeping, though mine did.
Speaker 5: No, Mind didn't neither. I think you're in a duble.
Speaker 4: I think it. No, I think it's a U problem. I think you've put on a weed city. Yeah, because if no one else has that. Gen Z stayed in the same hotel, Gens. Did you have the air con? Is shoe?
Speaker 2: Just yeah?
Speaker 4: Just yeah, No, it's me problem. Times you've got to look with in Jason.
Speaker 2: I was so proud to wake up with one a clock change.
Speaker 5: Yeah, com went back to bit, fell back to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Because also there was the sheer joy of going actually, this isn't the alarm to get up, this is the air corner alarm. Fel cooked ma, thank you. Let's get into it. Ariy styles. How coming up today, We've got your edge Shearing tickets. When you hear us play ed, give us a ring and tickets will be yours plus guys, will today be the day fifty thousand dollars cash after seven here on over one hundred. Good morning, A little bit different compared to yesterday. Guys, we've got oh no, oh, that's my bad.
Speaker 4: What you're looking at the bomb in the wrong state, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Maybe we are in Sydney this morning, but in Melbourne it will be twenty five degrees today, so got a nice change late last time.
Speaker 2: I was about to say that sucks. We've got showers and thirty two today. No, no, no, no, Sydney that.
Speaker 4: It's Actually it's gonna be quite a warm weekend. A head as well? Are you're not happening to me this morning? Because we are in Sidney? Yeah, coming home. I booked an uber to come to work, to come to the Sydney studios, and we're at a hotel and I went down to getting my uber and I saw it starting to drive off and there was a woman in it on the way and I was like, that's mine, And then another identical one pulled up behind and she just jumped in the wrong one. I nearly ended up at the airport, and you nearly ended up with a stranger here at Nova whatever number this is nine six nine six night, so one hundred over Sydney, welcome back to She had she had her ear and was excuse me, I think that's mine, and the driver's like, wait what, and I thankfully just saw the number plate and he pulled over. He goes what, I'm like, that's my uber and the woman got out and she's like, no, this is mine. And then she took her EarPods out and he goes, I said three times you Lauren, and she just didn't respond. She stayed in it. Imagine mate, just sitting there and then get it out. And I'm at the airport.
Speaker 2: Is there something small part of you that is intrigued to see who?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm really didn't.
Speaker 4: She look like she kind of looks dirty dogs.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: You know what, though, if I was at the airport, I would have gone straight to Virgin gone the first light. I said sorry, I'm not coming back.
Speaker 2: Would be your fault. Never be my fault, your fault, that was.
Speaker 4: But she would have been like, where the hell am I so.
Speaker 5: Did she apologize?
Speaker 4: She was just kind of like, well, no, this is mine, and he goes, is your name Lauren? And she said no, but I have I have Alexis And then the other Lexus pulled up, but she had nice counts. They were both matching. I don't know. It was whatever was the fastest memory.
Speaker 2: It looks like it was selling naughty stuff during the night was just trashed.
Speaker 4: It was horrible. Anyway you could have ended up with her, You might have had a had quite a fun morning with a stranger that.
Speaker 2: Could have been your wife. Sliding doors moment could have been maybe.
Speaker 4: Well, she would have been furious that she was here and not on her flight, possibly the Sunshine Coast or somewhere fabulous.
Speaker 2: My mate Sam was doing school pick up and he had the dog in the back and he was just sitting outside school and the lady walked up and got in and I like this, you've got a dog with you, And he's like, hello.
Speaker 4: I've done it before. Out the front of my house jumped in a car and I haven't looked, and there's a car with someone sitting in and out the front, and I'm like, Hi, have you never done that.
Speaker 5: Awkward when it's transactional, when the couple or the passenger is getting out of the.
Speaker 4: Hi you're just down there and wait you think you're having a good day. Driver on it, you off and pick up. Didn't wait one second without a job.
Speaker 2: Same spot. Oh wow, Well shout out to Jenny.
Speaker 4: Come and she won't listening, should be listening.
Speaker 5: Jenny has a ring whatever it is in Sydney.
Speaker 4: How are you, Jason Lawrence?
Speaker 6: Start up, shut down.
Speaker 2: I'm really enjoying this. We'll getting some bloody great ideas coming through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is where we get ideas. People tell us your big idea, what have you wanted to invent? What have you been thinking about inventing? And we will be helping you on your journals so far.
Speaker 2: So I was just going to say we had the lady wanted to start up and make your own pizza.
Speaker 4: Restaurant and kind of like a sushi chain but with pizza topics.
Speaker 5: Then yesterday, genius, brilliant barbershop at the airport Haircuts. Aircuts, what a great name. I mean, if the name's not a winner, the idea is.
Speaker 2: I just can't like nowhere port. You know, I has a barb no.
Speaker 4: You probably can't have scissors, I would assume.
Speaker 5: So what are we going to use? That's probably the.
Speaker 4: Nail salon idea that I had I think could work. No swissors required.
Speaker 2: Could they borrow the chains from combat that attached to the pens maybe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, scissors is shoe I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But no no, because I've seen people unpack stock and everything shops behind security. You know what I mean, like Oxford and.
Speaker 4: What you think someone's going to not be able to take a leather shoe on the what's with Oxford?
Speaker 2: I love? I'm not having to go with them.
Speaker 4: Someone's going to take a horsey tie on? What are you?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? What is it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, he's got a suit case full of brown leather shoes.
Speaker 2: I've walked past Oxford, well the pajamas Peter Alexander too, and they've got like knives and scissors and they're using it to open the boxes so they can they can have them. Why can't Aircuts have them?
Speaker 4: Good question, babe, going to keep me up.
Speaker 2: So get the feeling. Oxford so random? So random?
Speaker 4: They are at every airp Why are they every airport? It's an Oxford and a Pedro exam j Baile. It's often a rip curl.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, anyway, I get that winning feeling at Waterman workspaces with coworking centers across Melbourne. Details at waterman dot com dot are you. We're going to get five genius ideas and someone will walk away with five K at the end of the week. Let's go to Christy.
Speaker 4: Christy, not a warning morning, good morning, Hello. Tell us about what you do now and what would you like to be doing?
Speaker 8: Oh well, you know, I do a bit of an admin work.
Speaker 3: I'm out of offices and.
Speaker 2: Your ideas, gal, I think, so I didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do, okay, all right, talk to through your big idea pitch.
Speaker 8: It's called naps to go. So it's the mobile van delivering twenty minute powers to exhorted workers product.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hang on, hang and hang on. I was always taught don't get in the van.
Speaker 5: What sort of facilities does the van have?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 5: What do we have in the van? Just a bit.
Speaker 8: It's got sleeping pods, so you know, it's got mood lighting. It's all come and relaxing. You get hit twenty minutes power enough woken by gentle noises. Not a layout alarm and you come out feeling refreshed and read to take on the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: And is it only one person per vent or is this like a stack them up situation?
Speaker 8: Well, it's just a concept at this point.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm between the two.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think maybe an individual van might work.
Speaker 4: But growth if you've got like eight people in there, imagine all the linen. You'd have to change the linen.
Speaker 8: Yes, you don't worry, I throw it.
Speaker 3: You're going intrect, you know, Christy.
Speaker 4: I'm on your side, but I don't. I don't think power naps work. I'm now twenty minutes now.
Speaker 2: Think it's not an event.
Speaker 8: Science back by science. You'll be productive, you'll be ready to take on the rest of the day.
Speaker 5: I don't know, you know what, throwing some sort of massage situation.
Speaker 4: I'm there massage to go?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. If you that, Christie, it's a good idea, I reckon, Okay, yep, a great idea. You're in the draw all right, and she's.
Speaker 3: Still If your phone gets low you started.
Speaker 4: This is like, yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: Have you got to count your name for it to go? Mattress and event like nap two go, nap two go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why did you say nap to go?
Speaker 5: Just two number two?
Speaker 2: What sounds like you're doing to in the event the nap and the two and what are you doing? We can you know what, No, no, no, chressie. What we're gonna do is hook you out with a six month old Ornerman subscription so that way you can test it out for yourself and then you are in the running for the five thousand dollars. Get that winning feeling with Watermen workspaces coworking centers across Melbourne details at waterman dot com dot am.
Speaker 5: When you look around your office you see some some flagging people.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're talking about in here this morning.
Speaker 2: I know one way you go.
Speaker 4: One of our producers asleep under the desk at the moment.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna order up to go, can do a poll in the van coming up. We'll check around away and in his next Now.
Speaker 5: You might recall a number of years ago over in the UK, in London, the soccer hooligans got together as a choir as a pub wire soccer hooligans. They call themselves a whole heap of burly English lads in a pub and they they came up with their own version of that song.
Speaker 7: Here it is, Oh, be your dream hobby, always shall be your fantasy.
Speaker 2: I'll be your own hobby, your love, be everything that you need.
Speaker 4: I remember that. It just got bigger and bigger. It was so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was That was a number of years ago. Well we now have a new iteration of a new version and it's in Victoria, Queen's Cliffe. The Queen's Cliff Footy Club come up with their own version as part of their twenty twenty six membership campaign. Here it is, I'll be your dream Ilby with your fantasy.
Speaker 2: I'll be your home, I'll be your Luffy, everything that you need.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: That's great, so good. You've got to jump on their Instagram and have a look if you haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: They run through the banner.
Speaker 4: Now there is a new front man, and that front man is the senior coach of the Queenscliff Coonteris. He joins us. Now, Jamo, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, good morning team.
Speaker 4: How are we you found? Fame Dahl?
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm a busy man this morning. I'm on TV. I've got a couple of radio stations, but I made sure I put you guys.
Speaker 4: Per Thanks Jamo. Now talk us through the idea. Whose idea was it and how much convincing did it take to get the lads on board.
Speaker 7: I can't believe I'm saying this, but it was actually my idea. So Alie Wayne, who our president, She's she's a pocket rocket, and I knew that she would have made us do something stupid. So I was scaring the internet to find something that wasn't anything that he had to dance or do anything like that. I found The Soccer Hooligans quit, and I thought, you don't have to be a great singer to sing like the Soccer Hooligans, which suits me, although I felt Darren Hayes's falsetto was a little bit low and I just heard.
Speaker 5: The song back, big fella, you you're a Savage Garden fan.
Speaker 7: I love Savage Garden. I grew up with it. The funny thing is only two people were old enough to know who Savage Garden.
Speaker 4: When I watched it, I was like, those boys are reading the lyrics, they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: The Animal song as well, they just did the one, Hey, what's the missus?
Speaker 7: Think, oh the miss loves it, mate, she loves it more than I'm on the show with you guys. But yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 7: We didn't think it was going to blow up like this, let's put it that way. And we're picking back as we woke up yesterday morning watching it go viral and it's been a funny one exactly.
Speaker 4: This is a membership drive for the Queen's Cliff Couters. Now, how good are the Couters? I believe you last want a premiership in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, two thousand and thirty was our last plag so we had a pretty good year last year. We do for another one. So that's what we'll be trying to do this year. If this doesn't get.
Speaker 4: In the way, have you got many more members from the from the ad?
Speaker 7: I think it's driving pretty well. You know, we're only it's down of fifteen hundred people, so we're going to do everything that we tend to get members to the club. Where the last sort of club in Geelong you drive through forty clubs to get to them. So we're trying to promote the club and it's worked well.
Speaker 5: Hey Jemo, what's the current club song?
Speaker 7: The current current club. Song goes for about four and a half minutes. Oh, it's a mix between Sydney and the Western Bulldogs. Oh it finishes, and it finishes with us in a circle bobbing up and down on a ship like cooters. Back to this, so you would not believe the club.
Speaker 5: So if you heard it, okay, so you know we send that, we might might replace it with truly madly deeper.
Speaker 4: Great idea we're going to We're going to sign up and become members. Jamo. Now, if anyone else wants to sign up and become a member of the Queen's Cliff Cooters, what have they got to do?
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure there's a link on our Instagram and Facebook to just go on their fifty five bucks cheap as chips in Australia.
Speaker 2: As we speak, mate, we are very proud members.
Speaker 4: Now three new members. We're going to follow you for the whole season too.
Speaker 5: I think first match this season we should get Darren Hayes down there just to do a when he's the first man to do a rendition.
Speaker 7: To watch Easter Weekend against get Darren down there.
Speaker 4: It's going to come, but I'm away for East.
Speaker 2: We'll text him and get back to you.
Speaker 5: There that just before they run through the banner. Yeah, Darren, if you.
Speaker 4: Fireworks, we love good on your demo.
Speaker 2: All right, let's they can take us to the break. I'll be your dream. I'll be always You're fair, the see, ov your hope.
Speaker 9: I'll be your everything that you need.
Speaker 2: I love you. You are on the air with Jason Lauren clint here as well. You're listening to Nomber one hundred and you are listening out for the manned Ed Sheeran, as he famously says, Lauren Phillips, ah.
Speaker 4: Maa maa ware. He's driving at nineties.
Speaker 2: That's a that's the song. The song we're listening for over past Graffiti. When you hear it, give us a ring. We will play it sometime between now and nine this morning.
Speaker 5: He is on his way.
Speaker 4: He's on his way, driving at ninety.
Speaker 5: Now. We did hear from Olivia Dean just before and Jace reference that she is the Queen of the wind Machine. Well, yesterday we had our own Queen of the wind Machine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a we had a network photo.
Speaker 5: Shoot, our own queen. Lauren Phillips commandeered the win machine all the all.
Speaker 4: The shows were there, our show, the Drive Show, the New Drive shown. You should listen to it. It's Fitzy, Whipper and Kate.
Speaker 2: Kate Whisper.
Speaker 10: Did you say end and Whipper and Kate, but it's not called They literally had this conversation on there because they were struggling to set their own name.
Speaker 4: Well, then don't tell me off if they can't.
Speaker 2: Every day's school day Fitz Whipper.
Speaker 4: And Kate, not fitz and Whipper and Ate.
Speaker 2: It cost too much to print the looker, Okay.
Speaker 4: So fifty Whiper Kate with there. The Sydney Breakfast Show there, the Brisbane Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Show were there, Christy Swan and Jack.
Speaker 4: Christy Swan and Jack with that. Jack Charles took a long time doing portraits for days.
Speaker 5: I know it was for days, and then he did portress for days.
Speaker 4: I love Jack Charles. Anyway, we then did some photos, individual photos, group photos, and yes, I had a week. I had a lot of hair going.
Speaker 5: So you had big hair and so what what happens? What's the process with the wind machine? Because it was like a blower, a makida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: Make it look like it's.
Speaker 4: Just naturally blowing. I think, I mean, I didn't do it. Max, the hair and makeup artist, was on the floor blowing. Jace loved it. He was blowing the blower because Jace loved the air conditioning.
Speaker 2: I get back down there, Max, do you come on brother?
Speaker 5: Help? There were lots of incredible revelations alone. I don't anxiety one he's not so much caught my eye, but caught my ear? Did it catch your ear?
Speaker 4: To which one?
Speaker 5: Jace? He made a declaration.
Speaker 4: So the whole stations sitting around because there's a lot of there's a lot of.
Speaker 5: Wasting around wearing a water break.
Speaker 4: Well no, actually Jay's ordered beers to the shoe, so every one else is working and trying to look like trim terrific, and Jason ordered to slab.
Speaker 2: You've got a hydrates like yeah, I even had to hold her a bottle. Why didn't want to crack them open?
Speaker 4: Of the photographers, So all the shows like you're sitting around, gets too late in the day. We're around a table. It's just kind of waiting their turns, scrolling their phones. And Jase goes, you know the grain, What did he say, Clint?
Speaker 5: He said, I can't remember the exact language.
Speaker 4: God, And I said what's wrong? And he goes another problem with the investment property, having an investment property about one of my investment properties, and Silent.
Speaker 2: Going to need a crane.
Speaker 5: They're asking Al.
Speaker 4: Must be for the third story of one of his multiple investment properties. And everyone, everyone just looked at him and went other people, you toss up I.
Speaker 2: Was expecting with a sympathy.
Speaker 11: Except sympathy.
Speaker 4: He's sitting there and he's.
Speaker 2: Mortgages on our one heart.
Speaker 4: Maintenance on the second investment. Oh not infants in the pool, pump in the investor.
Speaker 5: Machine right now, not the invest What do we need a crane in?
Speaker 4: We're going to need a.
Speaker 2: Crad I've got to get onto the property Manachi today and find out what the tenants of bloody broken this time. I've got to get the roof. Yeah, it's just it's quite stressful property.
Speaker 4: You're not stressful trying to pay one mortgage or your rent that bank?
Speaker 5: Does you know?
Speaker 4: You don't? We know because you know what he said to me, thinking of getting rid of the tenants and just using it as a holiday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Melbourne, working on Wednesday. It's going to be a nice days today.
Speaker 4: It is. It's actually going I mean it's nowhere near as hot as it was yesterday Melbourne, but it is going to be a warm weekend ahead. I think we're looking at tops of twenty five today and then tomorrow twenty five again, and then thirty one for Friday, twenty nine Saturday, and thirty three on Sunday's rain around on Sunday though, sorry, rain on Sunday.
Speaker 2: No, that's fine, that's meal prep Saturday, glorious.
Speaker 4: No rain twenty nine to days.
Speaker 2: Love that for us, I speaking meal prep. Do you know we have a new Clint today.
Speaker 5: I've hit the reset button, guys, reset day.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I did what earlier in the year that I'd hit the fitness and well being and health and all the rest reset button.
Speaker 2: But today's day you're going for another round of mental health.
Speaker 5: Well no, just I just want to, you know, just tighten things up a little bit.
Speaker 4: You're so vain.
Speaker 5: I love it your so vain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. I love it. We've got in the elevators at the hotel and it was like, look at me, I just don't look my best.
Speaker 2: You look great, you say in the suit you couldn't sit down, but you look like.
Speaker 4: He was trying to get into a high and I said, don't hats. He'll blow the ass out of those if he doesn't hike. He not good idea. Now, no, I think we should all. You know, it's a good time of the year. Last year, I did feb Fast last year, remember that's right. I was like a terrible month to do a lot of so sure, and it's hot and it's sunny, and I know that's not an excuse, and that's all the wrong reasons. But it's short month, so twenty eight days.
Speaker 2: It's quet Well, that's why.
Speaker 4: But I might do March. What a dry March. Maybe it doesn't have the same hat three days longer. I'm going to cut it short at twenty eight days. But you said to me, that's it when we're in America. When I come back, I'm only drinking long blacks. That was going to be your first. You were dropping the almond milk. So far you've had a Moca Connor and an almond and a bowl of musely.
Speaker 5: Well, that's all right, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, milkshaking out of coffee this morning? What do I always say, a thick ache?
Speaker 4: He's a meal? Yes, no, being no bacon this morning? How you going, do you have a bacon and egg?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Did you have a bacon and negroll?
Speaker 2: I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking. Was it good?
Speaker 5: It was excellent? Yeah, we should reset as a team.
Speaker 2: Was like there was like those homemade bacon negrols? Was ye Chrispy running yolk? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Big boy getting on his shirt?
Speaker 2: No, big boy didn't get on his ship.
Speaker 4: Boy weren't in the same T shirt he wore yesterday. No excuse me, you got two of the same.
Speaker 11: No, no, you're not wearing the same shower.
Speaker 2: You wearing the same I was wearing the Navy. This is the he's been shopping.
Speaker 4: Down to Rotten Gun again.
Speaker 2: This is the song you are listening out for and shell. When you hear that, it's share an overpass graffiti, give us a ring. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number?
Speaker 7: Not yet?
Speaker 2: When you hear ed Sheeran, Hey, guys coming up next. I had a real show. I thing very much. We are going to talk late Bloomers. Would you do later in life? Taylor Swift, This is an over one hundred Good morning. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clints here as well. Winter Olympics in full swing, however, or not in full swing, Clint, you were mentioning earlier some of the events been moved or canceled, postponed.
Speaker 5: No, no, So when I went back to my hotel room nice and early last night, I switched on Channel nine's coverage of the Winter Games and there was just like a vicious snow storm, much too much snow. So all the aerials, the freestyle aerials, which Australia are pretty good at because we've won an array of gold medals over the years, an array. Yeah, they had to plays play.
Speaker 2: Isn't that that really says a lot about a person Like he goes back to his room, he put on the Channel nine Olympics coverage. I watched the Kelly clarks and Talk show yesterday.
Speaker 4: I love Kelly Clarks has guests.
Speaker 2: Well, she always opens the show doing Kelleryoki, so she does she does a cover.
Speaker 5: Of a So is that sort of channeling a bit of Ellen her own? Because Ellen used to dance.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're not.
Speaker 4: Here, Kelly Clarks and no Ill. I watched Bridgington, did you, oh, guys, I'm sorry in to the new season. Well, there's a new character called Sophie and so far I love Sophie, Love Sophie.
Speaker 2: I was watching back to the Lemma Games. Did you see the American America the curler?
Speaker 4: Now, which's curling?
Speaker 2: Where they.
Speaker 4: It's that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Someone got accused of cheating the other day, and.
Speaker 4: How do you cheating curling?
Speaker 2: He told the Aussie to off. I was like, that is not Canadian.
Speaker 4: Like, no, it's also not in the spirit of the games.
Speaker 2: No, it isn't what I was cheating.
Speaker 4: How do you cheating the curling?
Speaker 2: You push it with your finger?
Speaker 4: Oh, when you're doing the broomstick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what you do is you with curling like you go along and then you shout like the that goes along the ice you can't touch it after that, and then you with the brush.
Speaker 4: Is it a two man sport or one?
Speaker 5: There's many of you Jason being.
Speaker 2: An Olympic cheater, wouldn't he You're gonna say champion?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, he cheats it everything.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Remember when I beat the Olympic bowls guy, long bowls guy, I beat it.
Speaker 5: That was that's jeesus, You've gone back a long way.
Speaker 2: Is it a different lot? He won a medal at the Olympic Games. I was at the common game, which.
Speaker 5: Is like school sports.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're no longer a sports reporter, are you. Oh my goodness, Tony Jones with spinning in his grave for you saying that, No, it's true.
Speaker 5: It's team now.
Speaker 4: The There are some some interesting sports, like the one where they lie on top of each other and go down there?
Speaker 5: Is that the skeleton or the luge?
Speaker 2: The louge?
Speaker 4: Not it's the one where they lie on top of each other skelouge, Isn't it on a skeleton? What's the difference between the skeleton and.
Speaker 5: The luge or the bob sled? You're in closed?
Speaker 4: I know the bob sled?
Speaker 5: Where is a skeleton? You're on top of each other on that little Who.
Speaker 4: Decided to try that as a sport?
Speaker 2: How did they come up with it? You know what you like when you're a kid. That's all on the scale and then someone goes this could be an event. Fifty four year old olympian is the oldest ever Olympian and he has joined the American Curling tea fifty four.
Speaker 4: He's still young at fifty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's interesting because you're right though, like fifty isn't what fifty used to be?
Speaker 4: Is lawn bowls at the Summer Olympics must be no, just common games that would have that would have old older participants.
Speaker 2: I imagine what.
Speaker 5: About ten pin bowling?
Speaker 4: That's that should do that At any eight there could be six year olds in the Olympics. If you've seen some of those kids.
Speaker 2: You with their little flick a curtain twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: What were you a late starter to weren't you thirty six when you got you driver's license twenty seven? That's the late bland. That's a late bloom if your driving person, Yeah, yeah, twenty six seven, twenty seven, Yeah, did you just get the bus around?
Speaker 5: No, you're going to girl friends to drive him around?
Speaker 4: If he had a girlfriend, let's get here.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of cat who's on his bike? R thirty twenty four ten is out number? Yeah, I got my license on a twenty seven.
Speaker 4: I love people let start things later in life, like people who have started singing lessons or something in their sixties. Oh yeah, good on you, And I feel like retirees they go they go mad and try all new things, like now.
Speaker 5: They've got plenty of time. Yes, yeah, well, I'll say this is a revelation coming and I'm here for it. It's going to be embarrassing.
Speaker 2: No, what I want support, OK, I'm thinking about I've always wanted to learn how to serve.
Speaker 5: I will I will on behalf of Melbourne, pay excellent money to drive you down to Bell's speech and whack you on a.
Speaker 2: Figure you don't like. No urban concrete floor, Yeah yeah, yeah, you in.
Speaker 5: A wet suit would be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Trying to get that fronting little string?
Speaker 4: Did crack it before you even got to the water.
Speaker 2: Trying to get that thing on thurteen twenty four ten is our number. In return, I got gold Grass movie vouchers up for Grass.
Speaker 4: Shall we all learn something late in life? I like to I'd like to start horse riding.
Speaker 2: In the Melbourne imagine. I just pictured the Queen. Pain needs to be out there.
Speaker 4: Maybe the jumping one jump.
Speaker 2: You just want the pants?
Speaker 4: What about that? Isn't there one where you just trot around?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That's it's what we do now, isn't that.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to be in an arena. I want to be riding horses in like paddicks and things.
Speaker 5: So you want to be show jumper.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I just want to be a horse rider, not not competition. Well you're sorry. You don't want to go to the the rip curl pro. You just want to learn how to serve.
Speaker 2: I know that I'm not putting limitations on it. You never know.
Speaker 4: I think we should all start something later in life. What are you going to start?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, I just bought a kindle.
Speaker 4: We're you going to write a book though you're me an author?
Speaker 2: Thurney.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'll do a triathlon. I've always want to do a triathlon.
Speaker 4: A triathlon.
Speaker 2: God, we picked a horseback, give it a go.
Speaker 5: You're going to be he's going to serve and you're on a horse at Flemington.
Speaker 2: No Melbourne Cupbourn Cup.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to Melburn Cup.
Speaker 2: Third A twenty four ten is our number? What have you later started later in life?
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 2: Is our number. Give us a call. Let the phones next on over but you'll say single ladies, Good morning Melbourne twenty seven past seven. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clints here as well. We are talking I guess later in life.
Speaker 4: Mumor at something? Is there something that you've started later in life? There is an Olympic curler who has made the team in America. He's fifty four years old, which isn't It's not all some Olympians are seventeen. Yeah, and so we want to know. On thirteen twenty four ten, what did you start later in life? I think I want to start horse riding.
Speaker 2: I'm taking up surfing.
Speaker 4: I'll believe that when I say it.
Speaker 2: Who do we have on Mick Fanning? Yeah? We had Mick con Yeah, yeah, I might see if I can get him. Fishes Surfing comm.
Speaker 5: In Lane Beachley. I know Lane Beachley pretty well. Name drop seven time will Jo?
Speaker 4: Do you know Lane beach Lever is starting a bit of work.
Speaker 5: With her on the WSL, the World Surf League too. Have worked on Channel nin's broadcast many years ago.
Speaker 4: What you were commentating now?
Speaker 5: I was hosting, Oh Manly. It was a manly pro.
Speaker 2: I think it was called Harry sex Wax.
Speaker 4: You've really done it all, haven't you? You rub it on the board, it's like whack.
Speaker 10: It's just I didn't ask about sex Waxy. We weren't actually sa I don't know if I do it in the broadcast, but all right, let's go to Jerry and Rouville. Good morning, Jerry. What did you start at fifty five years old?
Speaker 7: I started old?
Speaker 4: Oh Jerry queen, Now what made you want to start?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to get rid of my chicken still and I thought I would be the best way to strengthen it.
Speaker 4: And has it worked to the touch? Shot Lady arms gone? They are on their way here.
Speaker 5: So is this a skill that you practice outside of the studio, Like do you give the family demonstration on Christmas Day? No?
Speaker 4: I think I might break the pole if I'm a veranda in the kitchen taking down the outdoor umbrella. So are you doing solo lessons or classes?
Speaker 7: Classes?
Speaker 4: And you love it?
Speaker 7: I love it? Love it?
Speaker 2: What are they?
Speaker 4: Empowering? Awesome thing to do? Good on you, Jerry. Do you wear the do you wear the big platforms?
Speaker 5: Not too big?
Speaker 4: Because I'm yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Jerry made him were growing up, his mum had a pole in the house.
Speaker 4: Was it actually a pole?
Speaker 2: No, it was it was because structural they're at a rental, so it was on the kitchen bench. So like the way it works is it's it's like got a suction cap at the top and the.
Speaker 4: Bottom from the kitchen bed.
Speaker 2: It's firmly in there. Did your mate's mum give you a pole?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 4: Why was it on the kitchen bench?
Speaker 2: I was in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, Oh missus Smith is Jerry Sus Smith? You minx.
Speaker 2: The bench is a bit I mean, come to think of it, You're right. It shouldn't have been on the pitch.
Speaker 5: No, they should have put it in.
Speaker 4: You also should have put it down when the children were home. Surely. Oh wait, good on you, Jerry.
Speaker 2: Hello jess On thirteen twenty four to ten, Or are you late bloomingty?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm now forty two and I was thirty three before I learned.
Speaker 12: To swallow tablets.
Speaker 6: I had two kids, naturally with a dissolvable pan of dog.
Speaker 4: My friend is the same, She's had a phobia of tablets her whole life.
Speaker 2: Suppositors, Well, you have.
Speaker 6: No no, just crush it and put in honey or jam or something.
Speaker 4: That my four year old Yeah, well pretty bad three years old. And do you feel powered now that you can have all when you want?
Speaker 2: It's so good, so good, much money better?
Speaker 5: Can you guys? Can you raw dog a tablet?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I've just learned how to do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have the same raw dog in emergency.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do it with like an antihistamin or something.
Speaker 2: So you know the worst when you get gunshine, it's in your mouth and you're like, oh, I didn't swallow it the first round. Then you can feel like.
Speaker 5: It's about open and then open that tastes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get it down, get it down, no, wash it down.
Speaker 4: Alexia, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: How old are you and what was it that you started later in life?
Speaker 3: I am fifty eight and two years ago, so it's fifty six. I started learning how to dj.
Speaker 2: This is the best.
Speaker 4: Now have you got deck set up at home?
Speaker 3: I actually don't, but one of my best baits does, and that's where I practiced as well. Oh co it's fantastic and I've had the opportunity to actually dj. It's a Sorrento Hotel, SAX.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Why why did you start DJing at fifty?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: How old fifty four.
Speaker 13: Exists?
Speaker 3: Is that love music and I think opera and I wanted to create a give or a vibe the deep house opera.
Speaker 5: Well gig for us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's that is I mean, I am I follow.
Speaker 2: Now I've done some work with a granny DJ.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I know the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, run around DJ. She's like in a seventies since she's in the in Brisbane. Yeah, in the cricket she plays like the swimming and Brisbane. Yeah. I like Joe and Milla.
Speaker 13: Borning guys, great show. I'm a little bit embarrassed, but I would love to learn how to swim of Oh.
Speaker 4: I say that again. You're fifty five and you've never learned how to swim.
Speaker 13: No, I've had a fear of water as a youngster, and yeah I've never but I would love to learn.
Speaker 4: To Joe, we must get your swimming lessons.
Speaker 2: I take Archie to swim classes sometimes on a Monday. Should I take Joe as well?
Speaker 4: Do you really want to learn? Because we will will invest some time in teaching how to swim.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I just got to I would love to learn. Just I have this view with water as a youngster, and also had a bad experience when I was a young Okay, someone crabby from behind underneath the water my legs and round.
Speaker 2: I've got a good mate, Bernie, who's a swim teacher. Right, he looks like a bikey. He's the most gentle guy in the world and Joe decide. He teaches all like the newborns and stuff swimming lessons. Can I will get you in the pool with Bernie, Joe.
Speaker 4: We would love to teach you how to swim. It's such a fun start Joe with blowing bubbles.
Speaker 2: Oh, you learned the monkey, Joe, you learn, then hold on to the edge and the monkey monkey.
Speaker 13: Only want to learn, Joe, Yeah, I do want to learn. Yeah, I want to learn. It's just yeah, I just wann't going to get out of this fear.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put your tack to Bernie. We're going to play for your swimming lessons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to get your swimm lessons.
Speaker 5: We'll get the DJ pool side to play some tracks.
Speaker 4: Joke out and watching me learn to surf with me, we'll get the pole answer. There was some encouragement, yes, and Alexia on the deck.
Speaker 2: It's going to be interesting, an interesting gay pool.
Speaker 4: So seriously, do you know what for anyone out there listening to this, you can do anything at any age. And we're going to ge Joe swimming list.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: You can do what you dream of.
Speaker 2: Guys, watch your subway order.
Speaker 4: I'm not a subway girl. I can smell it as soon as someone says subway. But I used to be the chicken fill it.
Speaker 2: My friend was a subway SMI artist, shout out Sam.
Speaker 4: But the cookies are good, cookies.
Speaker 2: Great here to go to subway Uni.
Speaker 5: Just don't don't ever get that horrible tuna tuna whatever that isna like it's been seeing there for three weeks.
Speaker 4: Have you had the It hasn't been that chi can fill It's good. The chi can fill it with avocado, but the avocado was always quite lemonie. I remember at school, you.
Speaker 2: Know what's you can get the meatballs now just as like a little mess plate the meatballs.
Speaker 4: Actually, back in the day, I used to get overwhelmed by the bread choices. Oh yeah, there are so many. Okay, oh, you're not even a sub subway guy, subway, but I'm somewhere and they still six inch your foot long wraps.
Speaker 5: I find the meatballs set through the rapp though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get the span the spinach.
Speaker 4: How often I could not tell you the last time I went to someone I reckon it would have been fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Nothing exchange.
Speaker 4: How often you go into subwhare I can't even.
Speaker 5: I don't mind it. Source.
Speaker 2: If I'm out with the kids, I'd rather take them there than you know, some of the places.
Speaker 4: There are many subways still around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Subway. Now I might be wrong here, but I think Subway is the most popular in terms of number of fast food. Absolutely, it's up there.
Speaker 4: Google Google, all right, what is the most popular, the most or the most used the most?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Something biggest, No, biggest takeaway chain, biggest takeaway chain in.
Speaker 2: The world, world.
Speaker 4: I can't be somewhere.
Speaker 2: It might be.
Speaker 5: They might say something like Starbucks. Mate, it's McDonald's guarantee.
Speaker 4: I think Ronald's got your cover. Yeah, Subway, I'll eat my hat. What we Okay, So it says in terms of revenue, no, in terms of number, the amount of stores, the amount of Yes, well that that's a different Google question. We're gonna have to google which fast to get it.
Speaker 2: Stand by. So guy's got some somewhere news to share with you. You can now eat all the foot longs you want because they are starting a Subway subscription. Subscription subscription, Okay, So you'll pay your little fee forty five dollars a month, and then you can go in and get as many subs as you want.
Speaker 4: I'm terribly confused.
Speaker 2: Oh god, here, what is.
Speaker 4: Mix? You ice cream and tea in China? I think you've got to take the grass food chain in the world. Why in the world In twenty twenty six, it's got forty five thousand outlets, more than any Western fast food brand has every cheese mix ice cream.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. Yeah, bloody, you've been picked by mix again.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's subway up.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Subway has the most well, I don't know if this is America, this is America America, this is the United States? United States Subway has the most number of locations, with twenty thousand locations across fifty one states and territories. Starbucks has sixteen thousand, one hundred and fifty four. McDonald's only has thirteen thousand.
Speaker 9: It's a school day hat so la, Oh my, what happened?
Speaker 4: Fast food has the most locations in Australia.
Speaker 2: Subway what that.
Speaker 10: Hang on?
Speaker 4: Oh my good No, I said I'd eat my hat very high, not any of your.
Speaker 2: Haven't never well guys, I think I should go.
Speaker 5: I didn't know it was number of stores gives Who wants to be a millionaires.
Speaker 2: You should be the face of subway, should be a fresh You're everywhere?
Speaker 4: Are you a Sandy chart to steep down? You n Sandy Chartist?
Speaker 2: Show me your hands and got those little plastic gloves on?
Speaker 4: Are you Sandy's got one of.
Speaker 5: Those ovens that cook things in twenty seconds.
Speaker 2: And oh they're amazing.
Speaker 4: Good. Who's going to subway?
Speaker 2: I don't believe that thirteen twenty four ten is our number.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I want to know what random subscriptions.
Speaker 7: Do you have?
Speaker 4: Hang on, is there a subway subscription?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Chat's been about so we were just talking about the subway subscription that's coming where you pay a certain fee and then you can have as many subs as you want, as many foot longs as you want per month. Thirteen twenty fourteen, you're going to ask you guys, have got that car wash.
Speaker 5: Wash?
Speaker 2: Never used?
Speaker 8: No, we have.
Speaker 4: Every time Paul takes it goes go and get a free car wash like that. We paid for it. I just paid for six months.
Speaker 2: I hate now when you go the car wash and they're like for an extra ten dollars. You know, we're the subscription and then you come in whenever and I'm just I just want one. I just want the one clean.
Speaker 4: I don't how much is the subway subscriptions?
Speaker 5: Okay, so I've just checked my subscriptions on Apple.
Speaker 2: Did clear out forty five dollars? Forty five bucks is good value, and then you can have as many subs as you want. Don't don't hold that to me.
Speaker 4: I've got I'm sure there's terms and conditions.
Speaker 5: Readers digest the BBC Good Food Recipe find how much are you paying for that thirty year? I've also got the Airbrush Face photo editor.
Speaker 4: How often you are you air brushing your photos on the ground?
Speaker 5: I think I did it a few times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're so vain, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: Teprap.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've got the Telly prop drap.
Speaker 2: I got a video editing one. What does that do? It's like when you got to do the silly little videos on socials.
Speaker 4: That you probably get paid heats.
Speaker 2: This turned on me. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number.
Speaker 4: I had a subscription to a gym, one of those that was wonderful. I used to it heats. I didn't realize for seven months it was a gym in America. I'd signed up for completely the remember I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Remember I was with Jets and then they're like, sorry to cancel. I rang and they said, no, you have to walk down here and cancel.
Speaker 5: Keep it.
Speaker 2: Don't trick me.
Speaker 8: Jet.
Speaker 2: I will continue to play.
Speaker 4: That on the what's that walking machine? Not the true bill, the other one that's lighter on the.
Speaker 5: Twenty four hour Gym. Well, going in there at three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 4: Down there at Jets in.
Speaker 2: Number. What's the most random subscription you've got? Give us a ring? It is Jason Lauren clint here as well, and we are asking check your phones. Everyone go into settings and then right at the top it said subscriptions, and we all know what's the most random subscription you are signed up to?
Speaker 4: Just in general. I mean, I've done a clear out recently, so mine's pretty clear. But better sleep, relax and sleep those men. Seventy nine dollars.
Speaker 2: A year, Oh my god, a year.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's worth every cent.
Speaker 2: It all adds up.
Speaker 4: Drop drop what's that thing called?
Speaker 2: No, are you paying for that?
Speaker 5: You don't even say it the way?
Speaker 4: Fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you dropped? Boxed?
Speaker 4: No, you get everyone else to do it for you to drop their boxes in my inbox. Sometimes, well, I guess I need drop Rock.
Speaker 2: No, you don't need it.
Speaker 4: I don't need it.
Speaker 2: It was the last time you dropped your box or someone dropped one in it. Third, A twenty four ten is our number you get to can't canceled? And then now, Lauren, how much was that a month?
Speaker 4: Eighteen dollars?
Speaker 2: You've now got eighteen dollars to spend on something else. Let's go math.
Speaker 4: But do you know what I guarantee you you'll need drop box tomorrow. I can hear my managers screaming to the radio.
Speaker 2: Don't de late drop Rocks you made it or drop box.
Speaker 4: I will send you some documents in drop rocks.
Speaker 2: Shout out shell em you drop box Emily.
Speaker 6: I was thinking to you, guys, I'm like, I've got a load of so subscriptions that I absolutely have to clear out, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Have a.
Speaker 2: Much money is just being wasted?
Speaker 5: What are you wasting?
Speaker 6: What am I wasting money on? Well, it's not. I see it as an investment and I see it as a budget. But I spend one hundred and sixty dollars a month on a clothing subscription, which is kind of all you know, kind of put Australian brands and you get them.
Speaker 2: Sent to you and you can do whatever you want whenever you want.
Speaker 4: Amazing. Well, I get three pieces a month and you've got the sizes or whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then they send them to you. It's very very Yeah, it's very handy. And then I send them that and you've got to return them, right, Yeah, yeah, you've got to return them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's video easy for clothes.
Speaker 6: It's video easy for kind of designer clothes.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But are they new clothes? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so no one else has for them, No, the new season.
Speaker 6: But they knew even other people would afford them. But then they're all very queens and they're they're in a really nice box and they've got nice patching.
Speaker 4: And how long This is brilliant because fast fashion is causing a landfill something like that.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm being eco and I feel like I'm doing my fosh my shopping in one go, but not actually shopping.
Speaker 4: How How long do you get to keep the items for I keep each.
Speaker 6: There's three items for a month, and then I get another three in the next month and then you have to return those three corner.
Speaker 4: Is this your business? It's not.
Speaker 6: I felt really bad to say that. I was like, did I say, I don't know? Yeah, they were not. I think they were a naughty I think they were a naughty business. And they do do a lot of Australian fashion bands like Miller and Mark and you know, like him, and.
Speaker 2: That would be times so that outfits are very popular. Like you imagine everyone trying to get the Bad Bunny outfit after the seabow if there was a guy from a costume shop, but you know the outfit of why White at the super Bowl. Look all I'm saying that's a Fari suit.
Speaker 4: I've not seen a single other person pull that off.
Speaker 5: But I think that's part of the glad Box It's corner. Sorry, drop Box.
Speaker 4: Box, I recommend you. I'd use glam Corner more than drop Rocks.
Speaker 2: What about clad box or the Bad Bundy outfit. Let's go your chance to win five grand. You can do an easy question for fifty medium for five hundred, or roll the dice and walk out of here with five thousand dollars if you just get one simple question right.
Speaker 4: It's as easy as that Melbourne and Kirsty from mill Park has got through this morning. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I got three.
Speaker 2: Things shows in one.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show, welcome, all right, what do you want to do with five thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: My sister's weddings coming up at the end of the year, so maybe put a little bit towards that or going on.
Speaker 2: I love a wedding. We love a wedding, Lauren, we do. I love a relationships like that. Seants help out a sister.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you're awesome, Kirstie. Yeah, I hope you win.
Speaker 2: The open bard job fingers crossed. All right, let's that sounds like I'll be cut off it. Let's try and win your Monday this morning. We are playing for five thousand dollars. The question is The rules are easy. You hear a question, you hear a three two one, you must answer in that time. You're ready to go, Yeah, ready to go. Here comes your question.
Speaker 5: In which year did Australia win its first medal at the Winter Olympics?
Speaker 12: Three two thousand, No, not far off.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was that Olympic.
Speaker 5: It was Zali Stegel.
Speaker 4: The beautiful politician.
Speaker 5: She's now a politicy. She's an independent MP, a TLMP in Canberra does some great work.
Speaker 2: Awesome, thanks Laurie Oakes.
Speaker 4: Well was she better at politics or Olympics skiing?
Speaker 5: I think she was. She was a great scare, great downhill scare.
Speaker 2: Where were those Olympics?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 5: I don't know actually what year ninety four?
Speaker 2: Because parent amazing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Malaa Cortina. Yeah at Levigno right at the top of the mountain looks sensational, drenched in snow overnight, too much snow for winter games.
Speaker 2: To a great margarita pizza and margarita. Yeah, but both hate in Norway you, Lauren, I can sleep Basy just gone eighteen past eight, Hey, coming up next? Yes, Jason, this is great. There is there is something that your kids might be collecting. In fact, adults might be collecting as well. And you sit there going what a stupid waste of money? Think again, it could turn you into a millionaire. And I know for a fact there are a few footballers here in Melbourne the ability of doing this. We're gonna get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 5: Next.
Speaker 2: You're on Omber one hundred. Good morning, right, across Melbourne. This is number one hundred. Good morning. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well. We're doing it thanks to our mates. It's shelready express. I mate your dramas on the Spirit of Tazzy Overnight. What about that very scary, terrifying A guy got out of control with a Knie knife. He was he got out of control on the boat with a knife, escalated quite quickly and then to turn the boat around.
Speaker 4: Spirit of Tasmania.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, Clinton, We'll have more details coming up in the eight thirty yeals. At the moment, though, I want to talk Guards.
Speaker 4: Piche still into Pokemon.
Speaker 5: I've never done anything related to Pokemon. So not the movie, not the cards, not the app, nothing, not one thing.
Speaker 2: You weren't in a park during lockdown walking around with Pokemon Go trying to find those A funny.
Speaker 4: Little guards came to anyone who was, But no I was not, see.
Speaker 2: I've recently and you don't scream Pokemon.
Speaker 5: To be fair, I don't.
Speaker 4: Really get it.
Speaker 5: I don't either.
Speaker 4: I remember it being a cartoon when I was a kid. Yeah, because it was the game on the phone.
Speaker 2: Well made of mine, our name and shame him Sam Lonigan.
Speaker 4: Did Sam Lonigan both a football player?
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, it's a coach down at Richmond. Now, okay, he loved me sharing this, but huge Pokemon guy, Like, what variety of Pokemon we're talking?
Speaker 4: That's something you want to keep close to. So thanks for that, mate.
Speaker 2: Sam will drive a few hours to pick up a card. No, he won't, gotcha? I don't know you? Yeah, no, no, no, Sam, Sam will make the track to pick up a card or something.
Speaker 4: He was he was, but I had friends that were like driving around town to get those little things from Cole's when they were trying to do the mini shopping center things. Oh yeah, a normal grown adult woman, what are you doing driving an hour to get a miniomo?
Speaker 2: Okay, forget about the minioma. There's a lot of money in Pokemon cards, right.
Speaker 5: Were very rare, were hard to find.
Speaker 2: Sam got in a bidding war or an argument with someone on Facebook one day. They were fighting over a card and value.
Speaker 4: Do Sam know that you're telling this story? They have it a private collection.
Speaker 2: And then he sent me a screenshot gun on bartering like I'm arguing with the wrong person. It was ROBERTA. Williams.
Speaker 4: I don't know if hang on, wait, that's a plot twist. I didn't see coming.
Speaker 7: COmON.
Speaker 4: What's Sam Lonigan and Roberta Williams having? What is their business? Fighting over Pokemon?
Speaker 5: No, you can't be fighting over ROBERTA Williams.
Speaker 4: Listening to twenty four ten you'd like to throw I can't imagine her being being fighting over Pokemon.
Speaker 2: People are doing it. And you know what Logan Paul, famous influencer fighter.
Speaker 4: Is he fighting with Roberta william No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he has just sold a rare Pokemon card for twenty three point three million dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's just stupid. I've got stupid talk.
Speaker 2: I made him on. Gabe, who runs Lunar Cards on Center Road in Bentley Best card Shop?
Speaker 4: Do you have an array of random friends?
Speaker 5: Do you know what I'm picturing. I'm picturing the boat from the Simpsons. Who's a.
Speaker 2: Comic book guy. Comic book guy Simpsons? Gabe, you're the comic book guy from the Simpsons.
Speaker 12: Take massive offense to that.
Speaker 4: Gamee. Come on, people aren't paying millions of dollars for Pokemon cards?
Speaker 12: Aren't they? Actually?
Speaker 10: Are?
Speaker 12: They actually are wrong?
Speaker 2: Are you a fan, you're you're a Pokemon guy.
Speaker 12: I've been a Pokemon guy all my life.
Speaker 2: Well, so tell Lauren, because Hoddy, my ten year old, got into cards and he would trade them with Gabe. Tell the guys about the value pre and post COVID and what some sets were worth.
Speaker 12: So basically, for example, a card that was one hundred dollars pre COVID is one hundred dollars a thousand dollars. Now the car a thousand dollars then is ten we call COVID.
Speaker 4: We all went loopy. The cards were.
Speaker 12: In between. Uh, it was just the boredom in lockdown. I think it sort of helped. But the investment side.
Speaker 2: Of it, what sorry was it?
Speaker 5: Gayelet does one find these cards?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Are they in a pack?
Speaker 12: So not the ones that Logan Pole's telling, but in general, yes, they come out of packets of cards. They released a new set every three months or so, and they usually be a card.
Speaker 4: Why is Logan Pool's card that he has worth twenty three million dollars?
Speaker 12: So Logan Pooles is a graded card, so it's it's been condition graded and it's t out of ten one in the world, so there's no imperfections.
Speaker 1: On it.
Speaker 5: You look at the card in one of those glass holders. Yes, I used to put my basketball carts.
Speaker 12: Yeah, in a plastic case and yeah, grad ten out of ten and there's only one in the world.
Speaker 2: So what characters?
Speaker 4: You can just print them? They're not it's not like it's not like a diamond that you actually have to go on.
Speaker 2: Fine, remember they're so rare, that's the thing that's just you know, the bit that crushed me. I was in the store one day and this sky bought his whole family collection.
Speaker 5: But you were there with your son.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So your son's spending thousands of dollars on Pokemon.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, like he would buy packs off Gabe and then some of the cards were worth hundreds. He ended up selling them all. He made a couple of grand But there was did your son, Yeah, But there was this one day, this guy, I don't know if you remember this game. He brought in his whole collection. I was probably might happen a fair bit and it was left to him in a will, and he thought he was going to make a fortune. I had to watch tell him they were fake cards. Two dollars.
Speaker 5: I do remember that heartbreak.
Speaker 2: I was crushed. I'm sorry, just quickly.
Speaker 4: I mean Dad's laughing in his grave at his true Or is there some.
Speaker 2: Very well known Melbourne footballers trading in Pokemon cards?
Speaker 12: Definitely, it definitely is. I have a few boys from a few teams come across my store in my d MS asking for cards, asking to help help them out.
Speaker 5: Come on you.
Speaker 2: Name car.
Speaker 4: Going well, they're generally winners.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to go quickly gave. So do you deal in other cards or are you just we do?
Speaker 12: We do a variety of everything that sports cards, NBA, AFL, other games the gathering.
Speaker 4: Are the a f L cards worth as much?
Speaker 12: Cape not millions?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: What's the most expensive card you've got?
Speaker 5: The shot?
Speaker 12: Ah, it's totally about five thousand dollars five?
Speaker 4: And so are you holding on to that for your personal collection or are you willing to swap or trade or sell that?
Speaker 12: Those ones of sale the personal collection, they don't get pulled out and they're worth a lot more.
Speaker 4: What have you got in the personal collection?
Speaker 2: Comics?
Speaker 4: What's the thing you've got?
Speaker 12: I've got the first first edition shows first. That's the holy grail in most collecting. What would that be worth about thirty thousand thousand.
Speaker 2: No, are you walking up and down Center Road with it around your neck like logan?
Speaker 4: Paul?
Speaker 12: Absolutely not?
Speaker 4: Is it in a sad wall? Oh? Code next, it's in a safe Yeah, how are you really?
Speaker 2: Do you like Pokemon?
Speaker 5: Dress up nights and stuff?
Speaker 12: But we do do trade day a massive I think.
Speaker 2: What's called dealer? I'm not a dealer. Lunaricards Center Roads in Melbourne. Hey, Gabe, good chat.
Speaker 12: Buddy, Thank you, thanks, thank you, thank for me you guys see you buddy.
Speaker 2: A lot of money mate, A lot of adults down there.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's ludicrous, millions of dollars on when.
Speaker 2: Howe you went to a trade day there?
Speaker 4: People aren't doing that? No, not a millionaires trade.
Speaker 2: No, No, you've got to dress up?
Speaker 4: No, what is going on?
Speaker 5: Three days of school that we learned something new? Jayson.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we've worked at this company for a couple of years and what a fine company.
Speaker 5: It is fine company. They do great work. We do great work.
Speaker 2: But we just we just learned that the O in nova is like a little ear pod.
Speaker 4: Is that what it's supposed to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not it.
Speaker 4: I'm on from marketing or branding in I'm not we're doing a colab apple.
Speaker 2: No, no, No, It's just.
Speaker 5: Always been like that because we're an audio medium.
Speaker 4: You know, we're more than audio.
Speaker 5: Entertainment.
Speaker 2: We need to replace the pod. You are listening to nob with the pod?
Speaker 4: It is just is it an really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Get your out and I'm on wired pods These days, I've gone back to the the headphones. You should have seen dumb and Dumber walking through Melbourne Airport yesterday with their huge noise canceling head wheelds On talking to.
Speaker 2: I can't hear anything.
Speaker 9: How is your flight?
Speaker 8: Ja?
Speaker 2: All I can hear?
Speaker 4: Is you alive? Please stop yelling both of you. It is time to give away some tickets to Ed Sheer And I'm very excited because he's on his way.
Speaker 2: Jay, you say you like next Thursday, We'll be your day see in Brisbane.
Speaker 4: At the moment I think he's I don't know, but he is on his way.
Speaker 2: Last time he was in Brisbane, who pulled an all nighter with him?
Speaker 4: Oh that was a long time ago. I wouldn't ever remember, No, no.
Speaker 2: But you're probably still nursing the hangover. Remember. The next morning, I pull up outside the radio station, Evan pulls up and you physically roll out inning so many good chips.
Speaker 4: Yep, it wasn't my finest.
Speaker 2: I went on a party bus after concept for his birthday.
Speaker 4: It wasn't my finest moment.
Speaker 2: Did you try and sing on the bus in front of it?
Speaker 5: Of course I did sing on my.
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Bibbs, Catherine, good morning, tickets to yours?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, thank you, I'm bloody love you guys.
Speaker 4: My favorite thing? Do you love it?
Speaker 5: Shear?
Speaker 4: And what's your faceavorite song? What are you going to sing the loudest to the concert? Oh?
Speaker 12: I had, I've checked out the setlist.
Speaker 6: But Castle on the Hills the.
Speaker 2: River absolute favorite?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you ever listen to it? Imagine you're in a video clip.
Speaker 6: Just next to edge.
Speaker 12: That'd be great, right.
Speaker 2: Oh, hell it was.
Speaker 4: I think it was his birthday, like he just turned thirty five one on the birthday. It was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Did you take a present? No, you just drank all the boots.
Speaker 4: Didn't really know him. I was sort of like a plus one I did not get a story of.
Speaker 2: At the moment. Enjoy the concert, have a great night.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: He's only thirty five.
Speaker 2: He has done a lot he tripped in his best shape.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Australia will under that for sure.
Speaker 2: I have a crack of men's health is year.
Speaker 5: What do we call that? A year challenge as opposed to a three week challenge?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Thanks Lauren, thank you, you know what. Thank you got the new positive assets to ever since we put that pod in the logo.
Speaker 4: It's way more attainable having you on the cover. I would love it. You should do it, you should do It's gonna be.
Speaker 11: A big cover.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, Melbourney. Any Savage Garden fans in the house. Remember there was that video when viral of those blokey dudes are a footy club over in the UK, and they went viral singing this, Oh be your dream, I'll bey you, it shall be your fantasy. I'll be your rope, I'll be your love, be everything that you need. A little closer to home, there's a footy club I need you long that have done something very very similar.
Speaker 4: So good Queen's cliff.
Speaker 2: Awesome. We are going to chat with one of the lads coming up in.
Speaker 4: Minutes quickly before we do that, Clinton, you'd missed something big in your news. It is all over my social You know you have?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 4: Have you guys not heard about Punch the.
Speaker 5: Monkey everything the monkeys.
Speaker 4: The monkey is the chewdest monkey, tiniest little baby monkey in a zoo in Japan, and his mother has disowned him, doesn't like him.
Speaker 5: You must go.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: In the videos, the mother is pushing the baby away. Yes, And so they've given him a toy orangutang, and he thinks it's his mother on with this little and he takes it everywhere and he sleeps with it and he cuddles it because his mother's disowned. And there are thousands and thousands of people lining up outside the zoo to go and visit Punch.
Speaker 2: Disowned Punch like flowering lined up for brows.
Speaker 5: No, he's happy because he's got.
Speaker 4: The mum's Edie's got no friends, and we've just got lonely. There's all the thousands of people trying to get into the zoo. We've just got some news come through, some breaking news from the zoo in Japan about Punch. Some of the other baby monkeys have accepted him and they started to.
Speaker 5: Melbourne.
Speaker 4: No, it's not an orangutane. No, they've given him an orangutan toy. He thinks it's his mother. The gift shop punch is a McKee McKee, some kind of monkey that's up.
Speaker 5: It's back.
Speaker 4: We're going to have to get Robert Irwin on the phone. Details may see a que and Mackie. Now that is his mother abandoned him. Guys, you watch in your algorithm. You're all getting punch content. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. But it's also there's the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: So they would have got that from the gift shop.
Speaker 4: They've just given him a stuffed orangutane and he thinks it's his mother, and he drags it everywhere and cuddles and slept. He's got no friends.
Speaker 2: All right, you're up to date now. This is Arianna Grande. I can sleep easy now. This is what last time you're on over good Modern Melbourne. This is number one hundred right across Melbourne. You're on the air with Jason Lauren clint here too, a little bit cooler than yesterday. She was a warm one as we do it. Thanks to our mates. Sheldy.
Speaker 5: Lauren's like the creme.
Speaker 4: What's happened, guys, Guys, guys, guys, we have a revelation.
Speaker 5: We have a revelation.
Speaker 4: I have found something that is going to make you two score.
Speaker 2: Just before we get to it, I want to point out something No.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: US three have been on quite the adventure lately. We have like we're currently doing the show on Sydney today. So we spent last three days together in Sydney, a lot new photos and everything that they're now going to airbrush the hell out of. Before that, we're in America. We were in California, I.
Speaker 4: Know now you all know. So we went to the super Bowl. Because we've stop talking about it.
Speaker 2: Our relationship is rock sold at the moment. Like I would say, we are the best of friends of the Maples. It's box.
Speaker 4: Walk solid, where the free best friends of anybody could have walk sold.
Speaker 2: Walk solid.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so what's happened to you? When we were at the super Bowl. When we were leaving, there was a live cross on K five Seattle News, and Clinton J. Thought it would be a great idea to do an interview with the guy doing the cross. So think when Clint's at the World Cup or something on Channel nine and the interviews drunken idiots we're now.
Speaker 2: A long day.
Speaker 4: It was the end of the day.
Speaker 5: We're off the way home.
Speaker 2: Long long now we have We.
Speaker 4: Put a call out to our wonderful listeners and said, does anyone know anyone in Seattle? Did anyone manage to catch these two? I don't even know what to call you in this you're in and yes, we have the news cross tomorrow. I'm playing it tomorrow. It is wonderful. I've seen it. You're in your matching merch, in your apple jacket.
Speaker 5: Your saving grace is that you didn't talk.
Speaker 2: You didn't let me get a word in, and when I did, I remember.
Speaker 5: I stuffed it.
Speaker 4: Yes, well he thought you thought the Sea Gulls were playing, not the Seahawks, So that's bad stuff. Anyway, tomorrow we will play it went all over Seattle, it can go.
Speaker 2: All over I think I'm sick tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Have you do the show my own I just played on repeat.
Speaker 2: Thank you for I think I'm coming good. I'll be here.
Speaker 4: What a wonderful gift we've been given.
Speaker 2: Look at the smile on it.
Speaker 4: You guys were trying when we left to get me on Joke TV.
Speaker 2: Do you remember, Yeah, we're trying to get you to do your butcher joke on my favorite take. We'll get out with it. We'll get out with that. But yeah, tomorrow on the show Elbows in the House. Remember last time it was even going to do the TikTok dance for Telescope. Yeah, was on us because we were all over the news that night. We're going to We're going to do another TikTok tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we'll get our gen Z producer, Hiva wakes up to find a trend that we can get him to do to Jenny.
Speaker 2: All right, so Albow won the Shadowmarra fifty thousand dollars and more Edge Shearing tickets to take it out.
Speaker 4: Well, if I was on Joke TV, which I was, and I would have told this joke boys, how does the butcher introduce his wife?
Speaker 2: Hell? Hell, Lauren, Mate, Patty, thank you for
Speaker 4: Jason, Laurence Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the Socials,