Speaker 1: Well, welcome back everyone to another edition of the Code NRL Monday Podcast. You're in luck. It's going to be me Alex also known as NRL Soapbock, going up against the Great Bulldog Dean Richie. How are you, mate, Champion. I'm well, I'm doing well. Yeah. They've cleared the room. No one else is in here, so we can go right at it. There's been some huge talking points from the weekend. We're going to break down some of the key results from the past round of NRL games, but we've got to talk about Origin Bulldog. What did you make of Lori Daily's selections.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked it. I like the side. It's a good looking team. I mean it's out there already, but I mean we've got Critter back. We'll just run through a couple. Yeah, Crichton's back, Bradman Best is in the side. I was a little surprised Mitch Moses is there. I thought you might have gone with Ethan Strange. I like the selection of Leam Martin. I think you'll go after Munster. I love Hamoli being back. A bit surprised. I thought maybe Robson might have gone out and a Happy might have stayed in fifty to fifty call, and of course Dylan Lucas is the other one to get the chop. Tyler Kohla goes back to the bench. Catoni Stags has been dropped. Good looking team. I think they're trying to score more points, but I do like.
Speaker 3: The credit selections.
Speaker 2: I think you'll tightened up that right side where Queensland went through. Obviously their left side down there in Melbourne with considerable.
Speaker 1: Ease, so there's some reasonable decisions there. What do you think about the controversial one of dropping Brian's tough call.
Speaker 2: I think business form has been modest this year given the level of expectation that we.
Speaker 3: Have of Brian.
Speaker 2: He's played seventeen Origin games over the past five years, so he's well established State of Origin player. But I think in the air he's been caught out a few times this year. It's funny it hasn't happened in the past, but it seems of read up this year. So I think Laurie's looking for a bit of size and the wing hence Jack Bosstock one hundred and ninety four sims and that might well nullify the attacking bombs which went to that edge last time an feel himself to be unlucky. But yeah, a lot of people are already bagging the side. It's typical New South Wales. Let's tear each other down straight away. That's just what we do down here. But you know, people demanded changes after Melbourne. They want to change after Melbourne. Laurie makes five changes and what do they do. They start winging and moaning again. You just cannot win, all right, Bulldock. So I'm on your side on the top o selection, right.
Speaker 1: I think he's obviously probably one of the best wingers we've ever seen for New South Wales. He's been a great servant for the game, but in this series he's been the fifth best winger. Like he hasn't overperformed. In Game one he absolutely had a shocker. But when you were great, you get the opportunity to come back and look up and redeem what you've done. He was good, he led meters and all that kind of stuff from yardage, but he wasn't brilliant and he hasn't been brilliant in the season. So I can defend Laurie's decision there on. Hey, you're going for a different strategy obviously, Billy's trying to exploit Toto's height in the air, So putting bosstoc In makes sense where fans are still like and this is where I feel like. I know you think that News of Ours fans just rip in. We only rip in when we're passionate before we go on.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got a different side.
Speaker 2: Everyone thinks that their team should be the one picked next year. Guess what, he's got a different side as well. But then it's not even a civilized debate.
Speaker 1: It just turns to abuse.
Speaker 3: And that's what annoying.
Speaker 1: This is what pisses me off. Bull I'm trying to find abuse. I'm trying to find abuse of Lorie Daily. Tell me who's abused him.
Speaker 2: I've just got on the Facebook the first coming I sees that team. I mean, that's constructive, isn't it? And what a crap side this is? I mean, what do people want?
Speaker 3: Please tell me? But I don't tell me what do they want?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll tell you without a doubt, this is what New South Wales fans want. They want Cam Murray to start at Lock. That I reckon happened. Yeah, that's what I've heard. I've heard. I think of Maddie John's I was listening all the way in said he reckons. It's a certainty that Daily's playing playing Ducks and Drakes and that Murray's going to start. So if that happens, I'm pretty happy with the team. Like I feel god bit.
Speaker 2: A new South Wales fan that's actually going to support the Blue.
Speaker 1: I still want some justice for homoli Ola Kawatu, but if we have Cam Murray at Lock, I do think this sets up the new South Wales team to actually look good. But I still think but I want to press you on this. Facebook commanders don't count because we know that they're the sk society.
Speaker 2: I get that, but they are still the fans. Yeah yeah, we ignore and turn our back on the fans. Yeah, they're the lifeblood of the game. So I mean, I just wish it could be a little bit more constructive.
Speaker 3: But look, I.
Speaker 2: Said, there's a couple of weeks now it's getting very boring. But I must say, overall, Sophie, it's a good looking side.
Speaker 3: I like Bradman best.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's strong, he's fast, he's been there before, he is Aaron. Four twenty four we won the series up there at ton Corpyn.
Speaker 3: The decider.
Speaker 2: He's called a crucial try that night from memory. So look, it's a totally different set of commodation. But I like both of them.
Speaker 1: I don't mind Bradman best. Do you think Tom Traboy, which is unlucky to not get that spot based on the ration now, being that Bradman's a proven winner two, I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't have picked Tom myself. I'm a massive fan of Tom.
Speaker 1: We all are.
Speaker 2: No one mislikes Tom Tramoy on or off the field. I just think he still needs a couple more weeks. I wouldn't say it looks a bit timid, but I just think he needs to find a bit more confidence Tom. And even Tom said himself last week, I'm probably not ready for this just yet. So look, whether he was considered I don't know, more than likely was. I guess the other one who might need himself a bit unlucky was Victor the inflictor. Yeah, made an impact in game one game two. Perhaps he's disciplined. Let him down a little bit. He's now become twentieth man, so he won't play.
Speaker 1: So my I read on this pack that Laurie it does feel like Laurie in the past was oscillating between am I going to choose agile forwards or am I going to choose a big pack. It feels like this time he's decided I just want the big boys. Is that the right call?
Speaker 3: Yes, We've got to go to war.
Speaker 2: Yeah stuff, everybody, Yeah, yeah, stuff, everybody.
Speaker 3: Let's go to war, no holds barred.
Speaker 2: Let's rip in when I say New South Wales we're fierce underdogs.
Speaker 3: No one gives us a chance.
Speaker 1: This has got.
Speaker 3: Classic Airbush written all over it.
Speaker 2: And I am out of the utmost confidence that we will go up there and that game, you know what, because no one expects us to and the players have had a gupful of the criticism, Laurie's had a gupful of the criticism. I think it's going to be screw the everybody. We're going to go up there and we are going to go hell for leather from the start. Will play eyes up footy and if it's on, it's on, bring it on. The Blues are ready.
Speaker 1: Well, I can see that happening if Cam Murray starts at Lock. Otherwise I think Billy's got the game plan sorted if he owes at Lock. So I am hoping that Laurie hasn't been deceptive yet, maybe he's maybe he's playing us all and I really want that because Murray at Locke would make them really strong over to Queensland. They don't have to make many changes when you're winning, you're sweet. What do you make of that? The couple of changes they made. I think Carrigan's back in.
Speaker 2: Pat Carrigan's back in Jeremiah and I was there, and I think Corey Hallsborough is the new twentieth man. Lindsay Collins unavailable through concussion. Look, Pat Carrigan wasn't supposed to come back. You will still supposed to be injured and unavailable, but he's come back a bit early, don't look. Clearly he brings a bit of mongols to that coeens Land side. So look, they're not major adjustments that didn't need to They won by forty odd points in Melbourne or yeh, they scored forty so yeah, but.
Speaker 3: It's a good looking Queensland side.
Speaker 2: Reece Woltz back in there as the eight eighth man, so you know whether he gets the run or not.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you look at the side.
Speaker 2: It's in front of me here, so biponger, cobo hammer for feeder, monster walker.
Speaker 3: They've got points, yep, they've got points.
Speaker 2: They play eyes up footy and they're a pleasure to watch when they're in full flight if you're a Queensland and.
Speaker 1: If you're a Queenslander, that's right. Where do you think New South Wales break this team down? It's a good question.
Speaker 2: We going to certainly tidy up that right hand side, which we've done last time. I think our ford is going to be more aggressive. I think we've got to be more physical. I think New South Wales have got to take a little bit away from what Queensland did where Harry goes down the short side, Munster throws overhead passes. Just things are a little bit out of the box, out of the square.
Speaker 3: Just playing.
Speaker 2: Constructed footy where you complete your sets, get to your kick.
Speaker 3: I know that that's going to win. We need to come in that process.
Speaker 2: I think we need to score twenty to twenty five points. Yeah, we're going to have any che of winning this guard New South Wales. I've got to be more chaotic in their attack. They've got to be a bit more spontaneous. But I think there's two things they must do, and I'm nervous this should work. If you're picking big boys, big boys in the pack, this is what should happen.
Speaker 1: They should be slowing down the ruck. I think Queens and have been taking advantage of the liberal application of that the ruck biastic client. They've been taking advantage of it, and we've been playing too studiously and diligently. We've just got to slow that ruck down a little bit because we're not getting the opportunity for those eyes up plays. Here's my question, how many minutes should Reese Robson play compared to Blake Brawley.
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 2: I'd say probably play the first thirty yeah, roughly, Yeah, and i'd have that same time frame for Liam Martin on the inside knowledge there. Look, Robson might come back later on, but certainly Bradley gives us some creativity.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Reese has probably been just pulled back a little bit in that area, as I said at the start of the show. So that's why I would have Happy there. Yeah, because happy he does. Yeah, yeah, he's greatly says. But I think Brayley can do that.
Speaker 1: I think if New South Wales get Brayley on, I think a huge criticism from last game was not having upy on at all. If we can get Brayley on, then there's a really great opportunity to actually do something dynamic in attack and take advantage of a slower rouxpeed and do something. So Reese Robson, I'm with you. I would think twenty to thirty and then let's see what Brayley can do.
Speaker 2: Nathan's interesting too when you think about it, Like he was good in the second half of Sydney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't great in Melbourne and in fact, pretty order was it. Let's be honest. Yeah, he missed eleven tackles.
Speaker 2: Even his self approval at full time was that he was embarrassed. I don't think Nathan Cleary could possibly play any worse. Yeah, So you get the feeling that Nathan is ready to go to another level.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a great contest mate.
Speaker 2: And Mitchell moses another one. You know, he's been not criticized but questioned around He spot Laurie's showing faith there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Mitchell probably owes Laurie a little bit as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am skeptical. I think Strange is built for it. I don't see how strange gets on the field, if with the bench that Laurie has, so I hope that Mitch's bit ready. He did not put in a good audition on the weekend Bulldog. I think a lot of fans are thinking, I was pool, what's going on while we chosen Mitch when he really did have a rough game. Why do you think that Laurie is stuck with Mitch more Well, I think you're.
Speaker 2: Going to break it down so by and look, sometimes one game before in Origin shouldn't be the defining factor in whether you're picked. If you're an elite player who's been at the top of your game for what Mitchell moses seven, eight, nine years now, I don't think one game should be the contributing factor, as do whether you play or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does, but it was a poor game. Yeah, but he hasn't played the issue. He just hasn't played. So it's not just that correct, he hadn't had a couple It's like he hasn't played any games and the game that he's had back at Clubland was.
Speaker 3: Pretty defensively, he was poor.
Speaker 1: Well, mate, it could be it could be a great contest. I really hope. I generally feel like news should be. You're going to disagree with this, but we should be buoying if Murray plays lock. If not, I think we're very vulnerable. Let's we our attention to the weekend's results. The Parameter Eels will once again stumble and falter in a pretty abysmal performance. I think it was in their second I think it was their second half completion rate thirty eight percent? Bulldog. What's happening with Paramount?
Speaker 3: Well, so here we go again, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I hate to bring up Paramuna because every time I bagged them, I get absolutely lynched and condemned all in the one motion. But look they were poor again. Look they've had a lot of injuries. But I can't just continue to use that as an excuse. This is now forty years. We are being told every year that something different is going to happen. Nothing's happening. They've won five from fifteen. Yeah, they're not playing finals footy again. No, they're gone, They're gone, they're running. I mean it's second last Jason Rawles era.
Speaker 3: Again. I've questioned it before I got held down. We're back to where we were again last year.
Speaker 2: They're not playing finals footy I'm repeating myself, you know why because of.
Speaker 3: The fact, and it's something that paramount of fans cannot.
Speaker 1: Expl PARA furious, aren't they? Yeah, and they should be absolutely furious, like why is this team continually underperforming? When I've analyzed it, I think the key area is, yes, you can say injuries, but it also reflects what they on with their recruitment. They keep missing out on great players. Bronson Cherry was in the in the market for them not going to them. They can't sign great talent. Their only marquee talent right now is Mitch Moses. To be any sort of competitive team, you need at least three marquee players. So as much as the we should be asking question marks about the Paramatter performance the Jason Rowles is coaching, there needs to be much more scrutiny on Paramatter's recruitment.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, one hundred percent. It's it's a how would I describe their roster without being held down? It's above average, but it's not elite.
Speaker 1: Isn't It's now where your elite?
Speaker 2: You look at that side and you think they're not playing Vinyls footy, and you're right with the Marque players they need another one or two. But it's a bit of a vicious cycle. We go to Paramata when you're gonna go to a side that struggling every year.
Speaker 3: But look it's a tough one.
Speaker 2: But look they've got a multitude of problems out there at Paramatta and at the moment, we're just going to be on this rotating cycle where we just soon to be let down every single year and Parafans can get the ships if they want. I don't really care, because they'd be the one to jump out now, not me.
Speaker 1: I think they do have the shits. I mean, they're still gonna have the shits at you, bulldog, but they the team is underperforming. The only promising side is there is some exciting youth coming through, but they still haven't shown themselves to be excellent first graders yet. And I know it takes time, but Paramounta just look like a team that, like you, should be doing better. And there were times where they actually play fantastically. They follow the coach's game plan, they're disciplined in the defense, they're exciting in attack, but they are not consistent enough. So I generally think they've just got to get some star power. I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 3: We'll move on all positive. I thought they were really good. We won't go too much of that match because a few days ago now, but I thought that well.
Speaker 2: I think that Sour Sydney are one of only four or five that can really win this Premiership. You throw Latrol back into that side, yeah, maybe you throw Jack Whitten back into that side.
Speaker 3: You've got a bloody good football side.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think Jack Watten's are missing piece in that puzzle for them. He really brings a steadiness in their defense, so they do have a chance. I've actually tipped them though, to be the team that falls out. I don't know South. Things injuries just come for them like no other team. But they were looking fantastic on the weekend, and Cody Walker absolutely stood up Mitch Moses. So South fans can feel much more encouraged this time last year to compared to this time last year, whereas Paramatta fans find themselves in the same agonizing position. Let's move on to the Titans Bulldogs game. The Bulldogs are finally scoring some tries. A lot of people are saying it's because of that movement in the spine with Stephen Crichton going into five eight, which most people think is actually just playing like a halfback. They're looking excited, they're scoring tries, they're breaking down. There's still the short ball to a second roller to break the line, but at least they're looking to score points. What did you make of the Bulldogs?
Speaker 3: Mate? They were good again Again, I'm not convinced.
Speaker 2: When I look at Camry, I don't see a side that's going to threaten the premiership. Yeah, I don't see a side that's going to make the top four. I think there's still four points outside of the top layes. That's sound about right. Yeah, they're still a long way to go to it. I said it the other day, Sophi, and I'll say it again. Apart from that Round six game against Penrith, I'm still for a statement victory where I go, holy moly, Yeah, this team is actually a fairly side. Yeah, I'm not seeing it. No, he mainly I wouldn't say they were lucky.
Speaker 1: They were lucky.
Speaker 2: All went their way and yeah they're winning games and that's all you can ask. Yeah, that's still not seeing a side that I think can compete with the elite.
Speaker 1: All right, well let me throw this theory at you. So I don't think the Bulldog's attack has ever been that good. To be honest, I think they've actually provided themselves on being a defense first team. So here's what I was doing a bit of study of, like, how have the Bulldogs started to get some form because they're now four from five? How have they done that? Well? What I reckon there's a key change in how the officiating's been executed and the Bulldog's success. So get this stat for your Bulldog. Set restarts for the Bulldogs that they've conceded is down fifty percent in their last five games compared to the first ten of the season, and down thirty percent for penalties conceded. So the point I'm trying to make here is that the Bulldogs, when the game was chaotic and there were so many set restarts they pride themselves in defense, they couldn't actually execute that. So now that the game's a little slower, they can control them momentum a little more. I think that's why they're winning. And it's to your point. I'm actually backing up your point here. Their attack still isn't going to win them games. It's only going to be their defense. So my question to you is, though, if the game is and we're seeing this across the board fewer set restarts, if there's going to be fewer set restarts, doesn't that mean that the Bulldogs are a really good chance of making the eight because they can defend.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're a good side. Cameron Cirello is a defensive coach.
Speaker 2: You're right with what you say, but that's Ciro's hallmarks that he is a defensive coach.
Speaker 3: But that's not going to get to there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, yeah, you need points to points.
Speaker 2: I don't know that sounds very simplicity thing to say, but the way they're attacking, yes, it's all right. Critic has made a bit of a difference. I think a lucky Galvin has been good. He's taking them all line. I thought he's trying desperately hard. But there's just something about the Dogs I just can't warm to.
Speaker 3: And I don't mean that.
Speaker 1: In a because I hate them bulldog, just say it.
Speaker 3: What's my nickname?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For that reason?
Speaker 2: Okay, But look, as I said, I need to up the big wins over a bit of scalps and some really comprehensive fast footing up tempo upbeat, eyes up and I'll go you know what, this side is now serious.
Speaker 1: Footage fair enough for Bulldogs fans will be upset about that. I think it's worth worthy of respect to get four from five. Do think the defense is going to help them out and that they they're probably not the team to make the eight, but at least they're playing better footed than they've been playing. So there's a hope for you Bulldogs fans. Onto the Broncos and the Roosters. And have you ever seen a Premier defense go like this? They are playing terribly. They're now onto seven losses in a row. This is this going to be? Is this the worst title defense you've ever seen? Bulldogs?
Speaker 2: I've called it insipid, insipid, and I will stick with insipid.
Speaker 3: It's a good word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like a mate, and.
Speaker 2: It's been Yeah, it's been soulless. Effort areas have been poor. Does bring me to ask the question they won the comp last year, rightly, so they were the best side in the finals, but they weren't the best side through that whole year. Yeah, So yeah, as premiers, they've got the right to be premiers.
Speaker 3: They want the final, But were they Worthy Premiers.
Speaker 1: Well, mate, no okay, no no, no, no, no no no. I'm a mac and I'm a Michael McGuire apologist. I thought it was bullshit how much heat he copped three rounds into the season when they lost their first three games. Winners win, If you win, you get respect, and I don't feel like he got anywhere near the same amount of respect that anyone else did. I honestly feel like that season ended, the new season started and Ricky Stewart had more respect than Michael McGuire. And Ricky Stewart's team has absolutely plummeted it down the table as well. When you win, I think I genuinely believe that means you secure your position for two more years now. Absolutely, this year it's been terrible. They've played badly, but there has been significant disruptions. We've had the painhas story, We've had Ben TiO leaving, We've had a bunch of injuries. There's certainly been reasons why the team hasn't performed that well. But on the same level, insipid is the right word. You cannot lose The Brisbane Broncos should never lose seven games in a row. So what is going on is the rumor or the theory or the hypothesis is the players are off Madge. But I just feel like that's too convenient. It just feeds into the convenient narrative that's been around him.
Speaker 2: Look, it seems to have been doue from the start with what you said with Pain, Betty.
Speaker 3: They lost the World Club Challenge, but.
Speaker 2: It seemed to be that the rumor mill, whether it be right or wrong, was in full swing against Madge.
Speaker 3: From the very start. And I'm thinking, hang on, what am I missing here?
Speaker 2: That's just won a premiership. Even to this point now people are saying will he be there next year? Well, of course he'll be there next year, killing me that he won a cop last year. Since when does an incumbent premiership winning coach have his credentials? What eight months in the following year. He'll be there next year. I've got absolutely no doubt. But look, things are going wrong up there. Look Pain, I don't think what's to be there. Let's be honest. Renold's retiring, They've resigned Ben Hunt at an age. Yeah, they've signed Dame gay Guy at an age. Look, I'm not inside those four walls. I don't know whether morale is down or not. I think though it's an easy outclause for the media myself included to go back to the cliche of Madges lost the dressing room. It's because it's what's happened at Souse and the Tigers, and we're going at all those places. It's just an easy excuse to go, what's wrong with the broncos he's.
Speaker 1: Lost happen but we don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a cliche and I'm not saying it's wrong, no, sure, But what I am saying is we don't know whether that's the case, and if you believe Madge, it's bollocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and winners get respect. So the other part of the narrative that's not being talked about is Madge keeps winning premiership. So he's obviously a very good coach. And I actually feel for pay haas I think he's the only player truly trying, Like, of course every pro gets on there and they're trying to win for their team, but he's the only player who's actually looking dominant, looking like I'm going to carry this team. But you can't just have one player. They just look cooked. It's disappointing. And and at this point though, even though it's offended Madge a lot, there should be scrutiny. You shouldn't lose seven games and fans will say, oh they've had injuries, not seven games in a row. A lot of losses had injuries.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you another bloke strugglers is Walshy. He's been poor. Some of these effort areas again of the weekend were just average.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know what's happening there.
Speaker 2: Eight He was the the Pinup Boys League last year, went on the Kangaroo to a pinup boy there.
Speaker 3: It's just been a full It's a four from Grace. Let's be honest to you. I know he's still in the Queensland side.
Speaker 1: So he's not the champion player. He's still a brilliant player.
Speaker 2: I just think there's something wrong with Roes Walsh at the Broncos. It's just not putting into the levels that he did last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, I and he was very much one of the key reasons that they did that massive run to make the finals. So they've got to fix something the Broncos because it's just not working and there absolutely should be getting criticized for it. So there's one key topic. I want to talk to Bulldog on this episode on behalf of the fans and just getting a bit of an insight into rugby league and the machinations behind the scenes. But before we do that, just a quick recap of some amazing results. The Cowboys have upset the Panthers. They did it for JT. It was amazing. Well done to the Cowboys. They're a team that could very much make it into the eight. That should be some question marks asked for the Panthers losing the Titans and the Cowboys. We can I can celebrate as a Manly fan that we absolutely monstered the Melbourne Storm. No bias here, that's just what happened. They were absolutely monstered. And you haven't exactly I don't mind, man. Guess what, Manly hates you too. And then we won't even talk about the Raiders Dragons Knights Tigers because they were two pretty poor games filled for Dragons fans. Mate, God, I've got to win.
Speaker 3: That's a bit out lucky actually won that game. But that's what happens when you're running last yep, I think goes your way.
Speaker 1: I know, Bulldog, I want to I want to talk to you, So I've been told to sit straight. Okay, So Bulldog, I want to talk to you about a story that broke this week that you were connected to a few months ago. So we've it's now been reported that Bronson Cherry has signed a three year deal with the Melbourne Storm commiserations to paramatter. I know that they have put their hand up and really wanted to sign him. The reason what I wanted to talk to you about this is that, and I think fans will be really interested in how this all works. So about three months ago, you broke a story that Bronson Cherry was on his way out or exploring his options, he'd been dropped and was looking at new clubs. And then that was immediately denied by Phil Gould, who is the general manager for football at the Bulldogs. And I put up a post of like someone here is telling Fibbs. I don't know who, but it can only be one story or the other. Either Cherry's leaving and Gus is telling Fibbs, or he's not and Bulldogs telling fibbs, or he's had a bad male. When that story broke, it was very much denied. Now three months later something was clearly right because Ronson Cherry's not only been signed for three years with a Storm, but he's about he may even move on before June thirty. When a storyline that breaks, you report it, it gets denied. I think fans will be really interested to know what happens, like what happens with how clubs or players kind of obfuscate the truth in these kind of stories.
Speaker 2: Good question. How do I answer that one? Okay, let me start from the beginning. To be fair, Cameron Cirello didn't deny the story.
Speaker 1: Okay, Cam Cerrello, it's not true.
Speaker 2: Cam did go public and I spoke to Camp privately, and he knew the story was right. So in Cameron's Ralo's defense, he did come out and say, look, Bronson hasn't been good, he's got challenges ahead. He might not have said he wanted to leave, but he dodged around it and to make the story almost well confirm. Look, I knew the story was right. It came from sources that were spot on, and I wouldn't have gone to print with it if I knew it was wrong. It's too much to damage your reputation of a reputation that is. But look it happens all the time clubs Tonight. You have to stand by your story. What can happen, though, SAPE, is that you can write a story and then it can change four hours later, and then they go the story is never right. You know that story was right, but it might change. I knew Bronson was unsettled. I knew he wanted to go. He was talking to people who were talking straight to me. So it was a simple equation of just writing it. His camp wanted me to write the story, so it was coming inadvertently through a third party by Bronson wanted it written. Yeah, so I knew that it was sweet to run with it, and as soon as Gus and ied it, I thought fair enough not worries. So Gus got involved talk Bronson out of leaving, and he stayed. But you knew straightaway that there was major problems there, and even a month after that he still wanted to leave. Yeah, but it got talked down a bit, and then Bronson did get picked again and seemed to be happy.
Speaker 3: Now it's sort of all gone.
Speaker 1: So why doesn't like Why doesn't Agenda like you when you get that denial, But you know you've got good mail. I don't remember you going back again at Gus. What's the what happens now?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. I didn't, but I normally would. I'd always stand by my story. If that's family a story, you're not a good journal Yeah. So, okay, I think I was on radio saying okay, it was right. I think I was on TV. I can't remember exactly I say, but I'm sure I wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: I would have.
Speaker 2: Rather sure, There's no way I just cowed how if I knew the story was right. So look, in the end, it was always right. It was always going to be right. Perhaps it came a little bit later than what we thought, but Bronson's on the move and certainly with him next year. And Jermaina Sarka Melbourne suddenly got a lot of strikeout.
Speaker 1: I know, I can't believe the Dolphins have let Thesako go. I'm curious though, so it's a great signing for the storm, but they were also it's been reported that their shoulders they've tapped on the shoulder Jack Howorth that he can look for other options. Is this a worthy exchange? Like, isn't how with a great center? Why bring him?
Speaker 2: A bit surprised because how if only last he was being talked about as a possible stack for orogin player. So look, I'm a little bit surprised, but look, maybe that's the brilliance of Craig Bellamy. He keeps rotating that roster year on year and no one gets stale. I'm a bit surprised, but cherry for howarth I can live with that?
Speaker 1: Were you go? Well, well, don Bulldog, I thought you might have been telling FIBs about the cherry story, but you were right mate, Thanks so much for tuning in. Folks won't say go manly because this isn't my podcast. We'll just say that there's been a great great to have you with us year, and we'll see you next week.