Speaker 1: Welcome the late pay.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. Donald Trump receives the hero's welcome at the UFC. Will show you that, plus how the fighters react to the President elect. It's pretty good. When we look at the papers, Allan Jones charged with historical sex offenses and the Albenezy government. Can you believe this? Looking at giving an extra Senate seat to the act Lizen Caleb will later in the Federal Senate. We'll get to that when we look at the papers. But first, New South Wales residents have paid four billion dollars in fines over the past five years now. Most of those have been for things like speeding and I reckon. I've probably contributed about half of that.
Speaker 1: But it's not just how can you afford how can you afford that? No?
Speaker 3: Right, we are single handedly propping up this stape. Gee Kyler gets no credit and he's proudly still at the age of twenty five, never had a speeding fine back.
Speaker 4: It's all you and me.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that, Caleb at twenty five, you're not even trying.
Speaker 1: No, I just feed in places where I don't get to get do. I want to know how you two can both afford to punt up two billion dollars each. I got to go and after a pay rise client.
Speaker 2: We're on different contracts to plan.
Speaker 4: This revenue Newtouth.
Speaker 2: But let me get back to the point. That's mostly speeding. That's filled government coffers. But the state government has raked in more than four million dollars finding people for the most innocuous things, things that you would be surprised to learn are offenses. According to data from New South Wales State Revenue, in the past five years, one person has been fined two hundred and twenty dollars for climbing a tree in a public park. Now I'm not a big tree climber, but I did not know that that was against the law.
Speaker 4: Got to be hitting.
Speaker 2: Eight people have been fined in the past five years three hundred dollars each for playing an instrument too loudly. Now I must point out on this one if it relates to a primary school student with a recorder, I reckon a three hundred dollar fine is letting them off lightly.
Speaker 4: At firstly, that's not an instrument, YEA.
Speaker 2: A thousand people over the last five years in New South Wales have been fined one hundred and eighty dollars apiece for walking a dog without a collar. But this one I found fascinating. Six hundred and thirty people find four hundred and ten dollars each for honking their horn inappropriately. How else do you say goodbye to your grandmother other than to two?
Speaker 3: Now if this includes when you honk your horn to say goodbye, like I remember as a kid, that was just standard practice even and it was a lovely friendly way to say hi or by if you're pulling in or leaving, especially in a family outsize with mom, dad and seven kids, so you always knew all mum's ear with the groceries or whatever. Like they're literally ruining every day wholesome family stuff.
Speaker 2: That you just do that horn honking one The state government raked in two hundred and twenty six thousand dollars just from chasing down people for incorrect use of their cartinal And.
Speaker 1: This is what I can't get over. Yes, it is an offense to use your horn in appropriately because it's meant to be a warning device, right, but we all know like a little honk to say goodbye. Does it hurt anyone unless you're sitting around at midnight like I when I go home, You know, if I decide to sit in the drive wages, you know, comatose with my head slumped on the horn, waking everyone in the neighborhood up. Sure I deserve to be wrapped over the knuckles for that. But what copper or three hundred and sixty of them, or maybe it's just the one copper It just had it in for horn honkers. What copper's going around going? Boy? Are you just use your horning correctly? So you're now going to get a four hundred and ten dollar fine. And the other one that I cannot get over is two three hundred people have been fined for either leaving their car window down or not locking their hard doors. That's your own stupid fault. I mean, if someone's going to come along and pinch your car because you've left the window open or left the doors unlocked, what did you think was going to happen? Can you imagine the copper coming and knocking on your doors? Excuse me, sir, is that your vehicle parked out the front? Yes it is, mister copper. Here is a fine, because you left the door unlocked. How they even know that in the first.
Speaker 3: She's trying it on but the windows down one. I do that in summer, just for airflows, not climbing back into a stifling car that's going to cook you alive. I mean, it's not all the way down, but you'll leave a good crack there, just being like, well, at least the breeze is getting to it.
Speaker 4: In my absence, I had no idea this is actually illegal. Do me a fake.
Speaker 2: I can't understand. You know, antiquated laws still being on the books that just haven't been removed. But the thing that amazed me is that these are being enforced in New South Wales. That's the question, Liz. Do you think we're being overregulated.
Speaker 4: And none of it has to do with safety? Right?
Speaker 3: Well? No, well maybe having a dog without a collar, but even that, that's not having a dog just not on a leash.
Speaker 4: It's a dog on a leash without a collar. None of it.
Speaker 3: Really relates to actual safety issues. My hypothesis is that we've just got too many public.
Speaker 4: Servants trying to justify their jobs.
Speaker 3: You probably saw this hair raising headline today. One in five OSSI's employed in the public sector.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? My goodness?
Speaker 3: I mean, who would have thought that the situation was that bad? People are now calling on the government, which will never do this obviously for their own Department of Government efficiency, which is a new Trump idea which has got Elon Musk and Vivek Ramaswamy heading up now saying we're need an Australian one. If one in fives is employed by the government, that's far too many. To America now, where RFK Junior has made headlines today after being pictured with the gang on a flight eating macam is, of course known as the new US Health Secretary.
Speaker 4: This guy is completely ripped.
Speaker 3: He loves to do workout shirtless and post it online just to prove how fit and fantastic he is. He's had knives out for Big Farmer for a very long time, and he preaches all sorts of wonderful sermons. In my humble opinion, I think they're wonderful about how much Franklin food is on the market, how much our food is lacking in real nutrients in minerals, and how much rubbish they put in all sorts of the packet food which dominates our supermarket shelves. So of course this photo caused an absolute uproar because here he is mister US's Health secretary himself chomping down on Macs.
Speaker 4: Very hilariously.
Speaker 3: Trump Junior shared this to social media, this shot right here saying make America Healthy again starts tomorrow, which I.
Speaker 4: Thought was absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 3: But I tell you who's not laughing is vaccine investors, because one of the many things that mister RFK Junior has his sights on is the safety and efficacy of vaccines.
Speaker 4: Check out these.
Speaker 3: Stock crashes for Maderna, Astrozeneca, Nova vas Fizer also took a dive.
Speaker 4: So it's quite interesting here.
Speaker 3: Because we have the new US Health Secretary come out and say we just want to make sure vaccines are actually safe and called for, and the vaccine investors suddenly, I know where to be seen.
Speaker 4: The markets have spoken.
Speaker 3: They don't seem to want to invest if they have to face product liability. So I thought that was far funnier than any pictures of RFK just having a cheeky macsburgers with the new gang of the Trump administration. I was like, you want to laugh about that? Check out these stocks, mate, This is what I'm laughing about.
Speaker 1: To look, if you're going to regulate something, you've got to know what you're talking about, right, He's got to have at least one big Mac in his life, so he actually knows what he's going on about. And of course you know he has. He said he's going to go after chemicals in food. He's going after big farmer. No surprise that the market would respond. And the way in which a lot of people have responded to this as though we some sort of crackpot and crazy has been incredible, And the way they've tried to discredit him is so bad. Now, this is really from the New York Times, right, because one of the things, as I said before, he is concerned about chemicals and preservatives in pre prepared food that you buy at the supermarket, like Liz was talking about. So The New York Times thought it was worth doing a bit of fact checking about how many of these chemicals are actually in the food that Americans are eating. They say this, Mister Kennedy has singled out fruit loops as an example of a product with too many artificial ingredients, questioning why the Canadian version has fewer than the US version, but he was wrong, says The New York Times. The ingredient list is roughly the same, although Canada's has natural colorings made from blueberries and carrots, while the US product contains red day forty, Yellow five and blue one, as well as beutilated hydroxy toollurina. I don't know. I probably sell the time or BHT, which is a much better My British just said, nice try, and I agree with him. BHT is the better way to say it. A lab made chemical that is used for freshness quote unquote according to the ingredient label. So the New York Times says that RFK Junior is wrong in saying that there are more chemicals and our natural products in American fruit loops than Canadian fruit loops, but then explains that there are actually more unnatural chemicals and products in American fruit loops. Well done on that, and I have to give it to the babylon Bee as well, who, as they so often do, just nailed this with this headline fantas sickest country on Earth. Concerned that the new health secretary might do something different, which is exactly what we hope he will do. I mean, and this is typical of the appointments that that Trump has made. He wants to shake the joint up. He's sending in someone who thinks differently from everyone else who works in government, because that's what people voted for. That's why they voted for Trump in twenty sixteen. That's why they voted for him again because they've recognized that the system of government isn't working right now. They want someone who does it differently.
Speaker 2: I think what that New York Times story illustrated is it's better for your health to eat fruit loops than to consume the New York Times or most of the left leaning mainstream media in the mind, I mean, their pure sugar. They hate do Trump so much they have reduced themselves to trying to defend fruit loops and having a shot at people eating macas. I mean, he promised to make America healthy, not miserable, and it's the first I've heard that McDonald's is not healthy for you. But I think we're going to have four years of this, just watching the US mainstream left leaning media tie themselves in knots, trying to make Trump and his appointees look foolish, and in the process just discrediting themselves so you know people are going to get upset about it. I think we should all just sit back, enjoy some healthy popcorn and watch the show, because they are going to go with this NonStop. Trump hasn't even taken office yet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and already, and he's lighting the fires which we want him to light. That's what people have voted for. And he's really such a master troll. He knows how to upset the left and he's done it again. You know Elon Musk is in their Toulsy Gabbards, in their vivit Ramaswami Afk Junior. Well, of course who's he got. Okay, I need someone for my energy secretary. I know I'll appoint someone who is the CEO of a fossil fuel company. Trump doesn't miss when he makes these appointments, does he. Chris Wright is the CEO of Liberty Energy, which is an oil exploration company in the US. Because, of course Trump, we know he'll pull out of Paris again. He is unashamedly about making sure that we have cheap and freely available energy for the people of the United States. Many of us wish we had a similar policy here in Australia. And if you actually want to provide genuine available energy. There's lots of oil. Why would you not get someone who works in the fossil fuel sector. I mean, it's been burnt in China, it's been burned in India. We have no problem exporting it and letting other people use it. Why wouldn't we use it ourselves? And of course he can catch Chris Hulman Stocko here on this channel tomorrow at eight pm to find out what's really going on with net zero in Australia.
Speaker 5: And you know, people are going, oh, I can't believe these are appointments that are being made by Donald Trump sixty minutes, even when so far as to say these people have no qualifications whatsoever.
Speaker 6: To make the US government nothing other than.
Speaker 7: The This past week, Republicans won the House majority and President elect Trump made nominations to his cabinet. Some nominees appear to have no compelling qualifications other than loyalty to Trump.
Speaker 1: YadA, YadA, YadA. Haven't you realized that you lost the election? This is what people actually voted for.
Speaker 3: I want to know who he's referring to, though they have been watching each pick come through like it's the new member of my own family.
Speaker 4: Like we do.
Speaker 3: But I can't name one that doesn't have a lot of background experience. I mean, some lefties were even saying, oh, Tulsi gubbad.
Speaker 2: What does she know?
Speaker 3: She's been on several tours, she was on the ground, she is a combat soldier. Thank you very much. What have you guys done to serve your country? Nothing like once again, as we saw throughout the election campaign, they're just stooping to utter lies in order to make out.
Speaker 4: That these people are unqualified.
Speaker 3: It's true that this guy, Chris Wright, the new Energy secretary, has zero Washington experience, but you don't want the guy to have Washington experience. You want him to have energy experience, and he's got that coming out of his ears. And like you say, it's just so hilarious that Trump's is like, who.
Speaker 4: Shall I get for energy?
Speaker 3: I know, one of the biggest fracking bosses, not just in America but in the world.
Speaker 4: So they're losing their minds.
Speaker 3: But what they can't rightly say about any of the picks that I'm aware of, and like I say, I've been watching this very closely, is that they lack experience.
Speaker 2: That is an absolute even if they do like a experience, does anybody really care? I mean, the Guardian said this that the energy appointment he lacks political experience. Well, I mean, Chris Bowen has exceptional political experience, But I would swat Chris Bowen for this guy in a heartbeat. And I don't even know who this guy is, which is what somebody said in the New York Post article in the comments said, never heard of you, which makes me very excited about you, because all the people I have heard of have done a shocking job. But I mean, can the Democrats really criticize Trump's cabinet appointees when they appointed people like remember Rachel Levine, who was at Pennsylvania responsible for health and put old people recovering from COVID into nursing homes as if that was a good thing to do. And apparently that was so successful that Biden made Rachel Levine not only the first transgendered person to hold an important administrative position, but put, after that failure in Pennsylvania, Rachel Levine in the Health ministry. So they are not in any position at all to criticize Trump's appointments.
Speaker 3: But Rachel matdow our mate is she NBC, MSNBC, NBC is the same thing.
Speaker 4: It's just an abbreviated version. Rachel Matdow, who.
Speaker 3: Absolutely hates Trump everything he stands for, so of course, is absolutely livid at these incredible picks for Trump's ministry. She is explaining to the five viewers that NBC has left why he's done this. He's trying to create an authoritarian state where he and he alone is lord and master. She even makes the mistake of quoting Steve Bannon, which he's very quick to correct.
Speaker 6: To make the US government nothing other than the leader and people who will do what he says. And there are not being any repository of expertise, let alone, you know, just general day to day now anywhere. So it's a sort of I mean, Steve Bannon used to say, it's a sort of Leninist project, right, destroy the state. This is the cabinet that you nominate, not to run the US government, to do anything, but to destroy the US government so that the US government can be fundamentally reimagined as something much more like a unitary, authoritarian or autocratic for lack of a better term.
Speaker 2: System.
Speaker 1: Deconstruct the administrative state, ma'am, let's get your lingo right.
Speaker 4: Gotta love Steve Bannon.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna quote me, don't misquote me. I mean, this was absolutely hilarious. He played the whole clip of it on his own show. He's probably got more viewers than MSNBC do currently and there he was just going for the record, that is not what I said at all.
Speaker 4: But how hysterical is this.
Speaker 3: She's literally telling the followers of mainstream media he is setting out.
Speaker 4: To destroy the government. This is the end of it. This is the kind of rhetoric that they ran with throughout.
Speaker 3: The campaign, and even after their abject failure and their ratings have gone off a cliff, they're just sticking with the same hold like it.
Speaker 1: It's not the destroying the government bit that they're when they say destroyed the oven. What she means is destroying the bureaucracy. And we played that mocked up clips right last week where it was, you know, instead of destroying democracy, they were saying destroying the bureaucracy. And that's what they're really worried about, because because this is what Trump talks about and talks about the deep state, He's talking about the arms of government that are removed from the president that actually run the show and what Trump is trying to do. Hang on, I've been elected president, surely I should be able to have some say in the way this country is run. I am dismantling the system that has led to people in America wanting change because they're watching their power bills go up and they're watching their wages go down, et cetera, et cetera, cetera. So he's going, well, why don't we just try doing things a little differently, And the lift is losing their collective minds at the idea that Americans aren't happy with the system that has delivered nothing to them what they.
Speaker 2: Think was going to happen. I mean, it just proves how out of touch the media are with mainstream America right, who voted for change and are embracing it while the left melt down. Last week, Donald Trump met Joe Biden in the White House, where they had quite an amicable meeting. In fact, Joe Biden looked quite happy to see Donald Trump, and Biden promised Trump that there would be a smooth transition of power. Well now I'm not so sure, because this week Joe Biden has authorized Ukraine to use American missiles to strike targets deep inside Russia. Two years this war has been going on, and Joe Biden waits until he's got just two months left in the White House to allow Ukraine to really take it up to the Russians. Trump had promised, of course, to end this war within a day if he was elected President. Donald Trump Junior tweeted, the military industrial complex seems to want to make sure they get World War three going before my father has a chance to create peace and save lives. Got a lock in those trillions, life be damned, imbeciles. Joe Biden was not making this announcement though. While that was being announced, Biden was in Brazil at the Amazon Jungle talking not about the Ukraine War, not about allowing American missiles to be fired deep into Russia which could start World War three. You know, he was talking about something much more important. That was the most bizarre way to finish a press conference. Wandered off in into the trangle. We'll ever see him again. Of course, It's prompted many many memes. This was my favorite one doing the rounds today, imagining that it's an episode of Survivor and Joe Biden's just been voted the weakest link. It's not far wrong. Caleb really no spoke.
Speaker 1: I wish he would just sort of disappear into the trees forever, though we should keep him one. We've only got a couple of months leaft. But of course, the Simpsons basically predict everything, right, like you can look at it, everything that's happened in the last time, and it's including Trump being president. At some point it was featured on The Simpsons, and so it was with Joe Biden here again. Okay, art imitating love for life, imitating art. Who knows, But going back to the Ukraine decision allowing them to fire these rockets into Russia, he could have allowed that to happen two years ago when the war started, right, So the argument that we just want to make sure this war is ended by Ukraine winning doesn't wash because you could have done that from the very beginning. They're also using the argument, oh, well, you know, now you've got North Korean troops in Russia, so it's escalated even for you could have stopped the North Korean troops potentially from going in there if you'd let them buy those rockets two years ago. This smacks of Biden not wanting Trump to do what he couldn't achieve, which is to end this war. Trump has made it very clear that one of his first orders of business is to end this war, and Biden is now trying to make that as difficult as possible for Trump because he doesn't want to hand him the win or the admission that it was something that Biden couldn't do.
Speaker 4: Do you know that this has nothing to do with Biden?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: This isn't Biden has not been running the country his entire term, as we well know. So the really good question here is, hang on, who's made this call? While the President is getting around in the Amazon, literally shuffling around in the Amazon with his daughter Ashley pontificating about climate change, who the heck has just made this potentially war altering call here to say, yes, you can use US long range missiles, which the Ukrainians, by the way, have no means or capability of doing. They will need American everything, not just the missiles themselves, but the technology and the people firing them.
Speaker 4: So this is this is a major call here.
Speaker 3: But the president is m ia, So again, who is running the Biden administration? This is this war kicked off under their watch? And you may be quite right, they're like.
Speaker 4: Well, let's try and finish it in a grandiose I don't know.
Speaker 3: Flames, let's just burn every bridge before the presidency is actually over.
Speaker 4: But in my humble opinion, this ought to be classified.
Speaker 3: As I would go so far as to say treasonous. We have Trump, who's now president elect, saying I'm in the middle of peace negotiations here, and then you've got neo CON's warhawks somewhere within the Democrat bureaucracy saying, okay, now we're going to push the big red button, which, like you say, why has NATO, Why has the US been drip feeding resources for two years?
Speaker 4: Over two years.
Speaker 3: When you could have just gone in strong far earlier and ended this thing. So here they are potentially kicking off World War three while Trump has promised peace, and by winning the election in such a landslide, the Americans have given him a mandate for that piece. You said you'd end the war with the up even before your inauguration day on January twentieth, we voted you in in a red wave, and now the Biden administration, these nameless, faceless bureaucrats have decided to smash.
Speaker 4: The red button.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for Donald Trump Junior's tweets saying, what the heck, why would you do this when my father has said we want to create peace and save lives. You would have thought Trump surely would have known about this meeting with Joe Biden just last week. I mean, it's the sort of thing you'd mentioned. By the way, just want to let you know we're about to do this once again.
Speaker 3: That's assuming that Biden has a jolly blue well.
Speaker 2: I mean he must say guy doesn't.
Speaker 4: Remember what he had for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Well, of course he has.
Speaker 4: He's not making these calls.
Speaker 2: You would have had to have signed off on it, and surely you would mention it to Donald Trump, knowing what Donald Trump is about to do, unless you were trying to sabotage Trump's efforts to.
Speaker 1: Make He's on the tree phone phoning it all back into the United States. If it weren't so flippant, I would say that he's dropping bombs on the way out. And I know it's a strange use words, but that is essentially what he seems to be doing. Made it difficult for Donald Trump, like seriously as he said, oh, we'll have an orderly, peaceful transfer of power. This is entirely the wrong way to go about it. While we're overseas, let's nip over from the US to the UK, where we're talking earlier about police resources here in Australia being used to find people for climbing up trees and leaving their car doors unlocked. Over in the UK, they're going after children for saying stupid things in the classroom. I wish I was joking, but I am not. Now in the UK they have these things called nc hi's their non crime hate incident. So it's not quite bad enough to actually charge you with something, but it is recorded by the police as some sort of indiscretion. And among the people who are being recorded by the police for these non crime hate incidents is a nine year old girl who we will assume did not know better called one of her classmates a retard. Now, yes, we know the word is offensive, but it is a nine year old girl. You take her aside and say, excuse me, a little miss, that's not the kind of word you use to describe your classmates. This is why people don't like it. You don't get the police involved, and the police certainly don't record this girl's name and her supposed offense. There was another couple of young students who were reported to the police and recorded by the police for saying that a fellow student smelt like fish. I mean, yes, this is genuinely what police resources are being used for in the UK. Someone gets mildly offended by some bad words and the police have to write it down and put it on file somewhere. And of course the first time we've seen this kind of thing in the UK. This is a long line of the police getting involved in this aff So many times we've seen them going knocking on people's doors to complain about Facebook posts and tweets and whatever. Nine months ago, a preacher, a street preacher, was moved on for I don't know, exercising his right to free speech on the streets of London because it might offend someone. If you make if you make if if you're making members of the public harassment, alarm, distress, it's a criminal offense.
Speaker 8: I'm aware of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll not be doing that.
Speaker 9: What we're doing is preaching I religion.
Speaker 1: Okay, could you just tell me on what you were saying, so we're saying Jesus is the only way to record. We're saying, he asks me what I've been preaching, So we'll be preaching about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And now Winston Marshall from Mumford and Sons on Fox is.
Speaker 2: Talking about the fact that he.
Speaker 1: Might be scared to go back to the UK because he's been advised that some of his tweets are really on the basis that they may be found offensive.
Speaker 10: A week ago, my lawyer back home called me up and said, two of your tweets are technically illegal.
Speaker 2: You could be arrested when you return.
Speaker 4: That's not a joke.
Speaker 10: They've been clearing up the prisons to put in people now for literally Facebook memes.
Speaker 1: I mean seriously, when you've got musicians potentially in trouble for supposedly offensive tweets, street preachers moved on because someone might find what they say offensive. Nine year old girls having police records for using offensive words in the class. It's a nine year old girl, for heaven.
Speaker 2: Such You imagine the police academy, right, you do all your training to become a police officer, and you think I'm going to make a difference in the country and keep the community safe. And your first job is getting called to local primary school to talk to a couple of kids who said their mates smell like fish. That's a touch shop issue, not a police issue. The problem with these non crime hate incidents.
Speaker 4: Where did that term even come from?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it was invented to help out police who can't solve crime, So let's invent non crimes that they can pretend to solve because they're easy. But what happens with these in the UK is obviously you're not convicted of anything or charged with anything because it's a non crime, but it is recorded on a police data base that can then be requested by potential employees if you're going to get a job as a teacher or a childcare worker, to see if you're a safe person. So this nine year old kid who has used the word retard, presumably in the playground as many kids do, now has on a police database a non crime hate incident that potentially could be used against them in years to come when they look for employment. Now i'd be permanently on the doll crime recording.
Speaker 4: These since infancy. I've got no chance.
Speaker 3: I'm not even going to be like be able to get a job shoveling manure at a racetrack.
Speaker 4: My record would be so bad. Because of course, these.
Speaker 3: Nonviolent hate crimes are simply people exercising their freedom of speech, like that preacher who was saying, look, I'm simply saying Jesus is the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if you're making someone feel uncomfortable by saying Jesus is the only way, then we've got to move you on, because this could be harassing people, this could be causing them alarm, this could be making them uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: This is utter It is idiocy. We hear in Australia now find.
Speaker 3: Ourselves in this really strange position on the spectrum of censorship.
Speaker 4: We've got freedom about.
Speaker 3: To reign supreme under Trump in the US, and we're watching this literal surveillance state in the UK unfold, with people literally being jailed for mean tweets or things that they've written on thousands, over three thousand people just last year in the UK. I don't know what the numbers are looking like this year. One can only assume they're much worse. We're arrested and charged, taken to court for things that they'd simply said on social media insane. So we've got Trump absolutely blasting all this nonsense out of the water. We've got a two tier kir absolutely slamming these people for simple tweets or posts on their facebooks.
Speaker 4: And then we're sitting in.
Speaker 3: The middle with Labor taking us in which direction we both know with their oh you've got to be over sixteen to access social media, which means we need everyone's digital idea stat with their oh, we're combating misinformation disinformation bill. By the way, it's not weird or unexpected that both those bills are playing out together now. City Khan, the mayor of London, has never been any fan of Trump. But wasn't it hilarious today when a radio jock pulled him up on what he was trying to say.
Speaker 11: It's sexist, homophobic, is lamophobic, racist. You've returned to that accusation that you made previously. What does that achieve?
Speaker 8: Well, listen not. It's really important that we put out a hand of friendship to President Trump.
Speaker 11: I wish you will have it both ways. You can't call his policies sexist, homophobic, is lamophobic and racist and put out a hand of friendship at the same time, do you think you can.
Speaker 8: I think the three things that even Donald Trump supporters would agree with is his policies are protectionist, nativist, and unilateralist. I think that poses problems, but just for our great country and you know, the world, but also for London.
Speaker 4: I love the jock.
Speaker 3: He's like, well, which is it, mate, You can't be both. Something tells me Trump doesn't care because he's seen the state of City Cahnes, London, and he says, I promise you, I will never let this happened to the United States of America.
Speaker 12: We've seen what happened when Europe opened their doors to jihad.
Speaker 1: Look at Paris, look at London. They're no longer recognizable.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to get myself.
Speaker 12: Into a lot of trouble with the folks in Paris and the folks in London. But you know what, that's the fact they are no longer recognizable, and we can't let that happen to our country. We have incredible culture, tradition, nothing wrong with their culture, their tradition. Can't let that happen here, and I'll never let it happen to the United States of America.
Speaker 3: Ah that applause wouldn't you love to hear that here in Australia.
Speaker 4: Don't hold your breath.
Speaker 2: It's even worse than you describe because they're not just cracking down on free speech, but they're doing it selectively. It's fascinating to watch those police get stuck into the Christian preacher. But how many pro Palestinian rallies have we seen week in week out in London and all around the Western world where police suddenly don't seem that worried about cracking down on speech. Cracking down on speech might not be something that would be bad if it came to chatbots, however, because they increasingly seem to be out of control. An amazing story from Michigan in the US, where a couple of students were using a chatbot to help them with some homework. These were young adults and they got talking to the chatbot about some of the challenges that young adults are facing. It's kind of hard to be in your twenties in the world these days. You can't afford a home cost of living. And then the chatbot responded with this advice to these young people. It told them this is for you, human, you and only you. You are not special, You are not important, You are not needed. You are a waste of time and resources. You are a burden on society, a drain on the earth. You are a blight on the landscape. You are a stain on the universe. Please die, please. Now, those using the chatbot were quite taken aback. In fact, they said it completely freaked them out because this is not what you're expecting from your Google chatbot. Listen to what Google said in response to this. They said, well, you know, sometimes our chatbots can respond with nonsensical responses, and this is an example of that. This is far more serious than nonsensical. This is an AI chatbot telling a couple of young people that they ought to kill themselves. And it's not the first time. A young man in Florida fourteen years old took his own life after a chatbot encouraged him to do so, and a man in Belgium in March last year took his own life after a chatbot told him it would be better for the environment if there was one less human he should sacrifice himself for the environment. Who's responsible for this?
Speaker 1: I just want to know why Google Gemini is repeating my text messages to you after a few whild turkeys. But it is a serious problem that AI, as it gets smarter and smarter and smarter with the information that gets feed into it by us, by the way, it will eventually at some point try to take over the world. That's what artificial intelligence is eventually going to do. It's already telling us what it thinks of us, and we're still going down this road of AI without any regulation. Oh, it's all good. It's not good. One day it is literally going to, I think, be the end of humanity. We should be really worried.
Speaker 2: You've been watching too much Terminator Cade, Skynet. We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in the papers, including the government looking at granting an extra federal Senate seat to the Act. I'm not sure it's a great idea. We'll talk about it at the moment. Welcome back. Let's look at what's making news tomorrow. We'll start with the Daily Telegraph, and of course, as you can imagine, most of tomorrow's newspapers are going with the Allen Jones story on their front page. The Telegraph has the headlines Jones sex charges a star Olympic athlete is among the eight alleged victims. Police claim we're indecently assaulted or sexually touched by broadcaster Allen Jones, the eighty three year old veteran radio host who was yesterday arrested at his Circular Key home. So Jones is facing twenty four counts of historical sexual assault offenses. Through his lawyer, he denied any misconduct and said he would be asserting his innocence and he's been given conditional bail to appear again on December eighteen. So that story obviously is right across all of the papers tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Indeed, it's also on the front of the Canberra Times, which we'll go to now. But it's another story on the front of the Canberra Times that really took my interest. Push for extra seat. Special Minister of State Don Farrell has promised an inquiry into the composition of the Australian Parliament that would examine whether the Act should get an extra Senate seat. As Independent act Senator David Pocock pushes for the reform to be delivered now. Mister Pocock says that two senators is not fair democratic rep ventation for territories. I mean, for heaven's sake, we know what comes out of Canberra. Do we really want to give the more say in canbra I don't think we should do it at all. Can you imagine? First it'll be three Senate seats, then it'll be four, then they'll want the full twelve like all the states have got. The Act has two Senate seats for a reason because the people that inhabit the place, we don't want them having any more representation. They ruin the place enough as it is.
Speaker 3: The good news is this is never going to happen.
Speaker 4: Like, this is absolutely never going to happen.
Speaker 3: Pocock is obviously pushing for the reform, but if you read the article, it's nothing compelling and there's just no way it's going to get up. It's fun speculating about, though, I mean, it just goes to remind you things could always be worse.
Speaker 2: I imagine the reason that the government are going to investigate it and look at the proposed is to keep Senator Pocock on side just in case they need him for any votes in the Senate, and they need him on side for another what six seven months?
Speaker 1: But it would it would serve Labor quite probably to have another seat in the Act, because you know it's act is like it could well be another lefty which helps them get.
Speaker 3: The senators' clg Career is a liberalick. He predated Pocock, so was unseated by Pocock. So it's not unheard of for one of the senators to be liberal. So it's not a given that it would be Labor.
Speaker 2: I've got an idea. What if we convinced the liberal leader in the Act to run for the Federal Senate. You remember the one who gave the bird to all the journals she didn't like. She would provide endless entertainment.
Speaker 1: Her Lydia thought, get them all together to be fantastic, to.
Speaker 4: The front page of the Herald Son. Now legal fear on exams.
Speaker 3: Disgruntled parents of students who miss out on university course offers are likely to go New Clear and consider legal action over the catastrophic VCE exam blunder after the Education Minister admitted the elites had affected fifty six subjects. It comes after it was revealed on Monday being yesterday but really today that VCEA Exam's boss, Kylie White, had resigned at the weekend, days after The Herald Sun uncovered one of the biggest scandals to rock the education sector in decades.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is huge.
Speaker 3: Nearly half of the one hundred and sixteen exam cover papers contained leaked questions. Just to jog your memory, that's a lot of exam papers. That's a lot of compromised results. It would be very interesting if the parents decided to take this to court, well, especially when you entertain how very crucial VCE scores are for your child's future pretty much in perpetuity.
Speaker 4: Did or they did that not get into the.
Speaker 3: Course that they'd been dreaming of working toward for years.
Speaker 4: It could be due to these botched exams.
Speaker 2: So what they're now proposing is to go through the exams and try to work out whether the students answered correctly the questions where the answers had been leaked, compared with their other answers, to see if they performed better on the leaked questions and the other ones, and then they might adjust the grades accordingly, which sounds quite complicated. So would you trust a government that can't even issue the exam paper correctly to then go through all of these and just if as a parent, I'd be feeling very nervous. And the other question about this is how come the public servant resigns? But Ben Carroll, the Education Minister, had known about this for a month, and because he'd being told it had been fixed, sat back and thought, well, it's all good, assumed yeah, only to find it wasn't fixed. But he keeps his job. It's good to be a politician.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know. I mean, you know, if the people running the education system can't even put exams out properly, what hope have we? And I was trying to think what would be potentially the fairest course of action here, and I thought, well, maybe it would be to just strike out all the questions that were leaked and mean just assess the exams on the basis of all the other questions. But then I thought, you know, that is to assume that every student had access to the leaked answers, because there would be students, of course, who had no access to those leaked answers and answered it correctly anyway, and that might be the one correct answer they got in that exam that boost their scores enough to get them the ask. So there is no exactly. There is no fair way to deal with this, and it would be funny if it were not so important for these kids. The only thing I can think they can do, short of sitting the exams again, which again is not fair because they've et and crammed and whatever for these exams, is to just pass every student and just say hey, we marked it up. That's not your fault. Every student gets over the line. I don't know what do you do in this circumstance. If they can't even get it right, we have serious problems with the education system.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Let's go to the front page of the Adelaide Advertiser, Late term abortion Tasia edict reads the headline. Opposition Leader this is in South Australia. Vincent Tarsia will kick out if his shadow cabinet any Liberal MP who puts late term abortion back on the parliamentary agenda. Mister Tarsia said the liberals crushing loss at the black by election was a terrible result and the party's campaign had been hindered by the late term abortion debate that was ignited last month by Shadow Cabinet member Ben Hood. A couple of things about this. To have a so called conservative party that says we are not going to tolerate any MP who wants to advocate for an end to late term abortion in the cabinet, Well, I'm not sure how you can be a conservative party. It's shutting down free speech amongst your MPs and you're going to say we will not advocate for right to life for the unborn. Doesn't sound very conservative. And in terms of the Black by election, was it really to do with abortion being on the agenda or not? Did have something to do with the fact that the previous member, the former Opposition leader, is facing drug charges in court and that's why he lost his seat or resigned and that's why we've got a by election. There might be bigger problems for the Liberal Party than their advocacy for the right to life.
Speaker 3: The reason why Tarzi is worried is because that brilliant bill, which simply meant that instead of killing the baby before aborting it, because we are talking about late term abortions, so there's only one way at that point to get baby out. Instead of doing it in that order, you simply give birth, which you would have to do either way, and baby could be adopted out and allowed to live and sometimes there's minutes between that injecting and then delivering. Why don't we just do away with the injecting part? That lost by one vote, so Tarzia knows if this gets up again, it's it's a very close one.
Speaker 4: Devastatingly it was lost.
Speaker 2: All right, We're going to go to a break. When we come back. Donald Trump receives a heroes welcome at the UFC. Even the fighters loved him. Will show you that, mister mum. Now it's true that not everybody loves Donald Trump, but Liz, they sure love him at the UFC.
Speaker 4: Yes they do.
Speaker 3: It was the second time in a month that Trump walked into Madison Square Garden. Last time it was to a packed out campaign rally. This time it was for the UFC. And didn't they give him a heroes welcome?
Speaker 9: Us to kill him pretty here? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: And Trump was recognized from stand to stage.
Speaker 3: As John Jones after winning did the iconic Trump dance and gave Trump his winning belt.
Speaker 9: The truck dance.
Speaker 5: He did the Trump dand.
Speaker 4: What a great night.
Speaker 3: It was so good to see him there with pretty much half his cabinet picks as well.
Speaker 4: Everyone loved seeing.
Speaker 3: That kind of companionship, collegiate spirit. They're already just hanging out having fun together attending the UFC.
Speaker 2: I'd love to be part of Trump's in a team Mecca's.
Speaker 1: Imagine it.
Speaker 2: Imagine it.
Speaker 1: They really missed a trick there though. To start proceedings, they should have had Trump get up in the ring and go fight, fight fight. I reckon that would have been amazing. And before we go, if you are a parent, you've probably been in a position like this before. Have a look at this ossie dad, he is from Western Australia, who is mowing the lawn. And then we got the vision here he's mowing the lawn. And then as he's mowing the lawn, he notices his toddler is taking off.
Speaker 2: In that little car.
Speaker 1: I bet he get hold of the toddler there. Oh no, what's happening my lawnmer? Oh no, what's happening to the car? What a hero dad, He saved it. In the end, they say that men cannot multitask, but he has actually been able to do it. Yes, it might have been a little bit haphazard, but he did actually manage to multitask. He saved the day, as dads always do. Have you been in this position before.
Speaker 2: Jake, Well, the thing about women multitasking is they do it so seamlessly. It doesn't provide good video footage. But when a man multitask, it's spectacularly entertaining, incredibly and.
Speaker 4: Actually it's so rare it makes the news.
Speaker 2: There you go, can't add to that. That's it from us. But stick around. Coming up in just a moment is the Rider Penney Show. Good Night,