Speaker 1: Last week on the show, we were talking about things you miss and this was a bit nostalgic. We did this call. It took us on a trip down memory lane, Cherie, what do you miss?
Speaker 2: You can eat pizza Heart.
Speaker 3: Pizza Heart now, Chi, no, there's one hang on, chari, let me take you for a walk, a walk down memory lane. We used to get that soft serve and put all the flavors in and then mix it up like a milkshake and try and drink it.
Speaker 2: My mum would be like, don't play with your food.
Speaker 4: Our kids would run everywhere, wouldn't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's self serve in the shell, the self serve ice cream in the shell bowl, those plastic shell bowls.
Speaker 2: It is literally my childhood.
Speaker 4: Remember they had the pastor but yeah, yes, and there was a fan of that.
Speaker 5: There was like a I did the para.
Speaker 4: Yes, I thought there was only two.
Speaker 5: I thought there was a couple in those big gigantic silver.
Speaker 2: Gone on which one did you go to?
Speaker 5: There's one like at Nana wading out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Had the pitched roots. Yes, yes, actually pizza hunt. That must have been purpose.
Speaker 1: It was just a giant buffet of pizzas that had come out of the oven. You could just help yourself to however many slashes you want.
Speaker 3: Sit in a booth with the family. I was always sad if we didn't get a booth.
Speaker 4: I was a thin and crispy boy.
Speaker 5: Well you struck me as a cheesy crust.
Speaker 3: Cheese across went invented when we were no god, no where too old for that.
Speaker 1: And also you always do the thing because you feel you fit more.
Speaker 5: I was a proposer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a sali in the ponds, a jelly cut with the frog.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, well guess what, guys.
Speaker 2: I used to try and go for dessert first, and I get in trouble. It's so sad every kid did around anymore, you can do it again. There's one thing.
Speaker 6: The Jason Laurence Show will go to any extreme for. No mountain is too high, no distance, guys.
Speaker 4: We confirmed it over the weekends.
Speaker 2: It's still going pizza hut.
Speaker 4: There was speculation, it's been confirmed. We be sure.
Speaker 1: Ballarat at Bakery Hill still holds a all you can eat pizza hut.
Speaker 5: The works.
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 2: Only one? Is the only one?
Speaker 4: Victoria? I believe? Yes?
Speaker 2: How much does it cost for all you can eat. Don't have a guest. Let me.
Speaker 4: I reckon, I don't reckon.
Speaker 2: It's all you can eat.
Speaker 4: It's all you can eat. Here's the Goat.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday, after the show, get the varn, we are doing a Pizza Hut pilgrimage. We are going to Ballarat to relive our.
Speaker 2: Six here's the works or you can eat. It is all you can eat?
Speaker 4: How much?
Speaker 2: Let just try to find out.
Speaker 4: But it's all you can eat? Baby four ninety five.
Speaker 5: We've got your covered there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's got the pitched roof. It's like the original.
Speaker 4: We're going back in time. Should we dress in nineties clothing?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think we should dress the nineties.
Speaker 3: I should wear meticos and a Russell Athletic USA hoodie.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna wear parachute pants.
Speaker 1: I'm breaking out my hypercolor T shirt. Here's the Goat thirteen twenty four ten. Do you have a connection to Pizza Hut one three double one no, no no, thirteen twenty four ten. Would you like to come with us? And what connection you did have to get?
Speaker 5: It's a genuine connection.
Speaker 1: So like maybe you and your partner had your first date, then maybe you used to work there.
Speaker 4: Maybe you were in their commercials.
Speaker 2: Hey, Margaret, what did you order? Pizza?
Speaker 3: Heart's eighty ninety neww It's got two large pizzas, bottle of pepsi.
Speaker 6: In the garden bread.
Speaker 4: Maybe you were Dougie.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, doggy, we got to find Douggie.
Speaker 3: Maybe you were never actually allowed to go, and you want to get your redemption.
Speaker 2: You want to come like never been, never been.
Speaker 3: Your parents wouldn't let you. We'll take you, that's strong, Lauren will take you.
Speaker 4: Maybe you had your birthday party there when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: I heats the birthday parties there.
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 2: I never I never got a macas or Peter McDonald's one. We went into the freezer.
Speaker 4: He should get their ice cream.
Speaker 2: Catah.
Speaker 5: Let's just theorized for a second about Dougie. What do you reckon he's doing? Now?
Speaker 3: Where are they?
Speaker 5: What's your money on rehab?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think Dougie is a dad. Maybe you reckon doug How will doug you be? He'd be in his forties, forties and he's he's.
Speaker 4: He did a stint on, Hey Dad, he did too.
Speaker 2: He still ads? I reckon, I reckon he's still doing commercials.
Speaker 5: I reckon he's on the Gold Coast. He's living on the Gold Coast, living his best life.
Speaker 1: Manager of times on, that's what he's doing now.
Speaker 2: I reckon he's still part time acting.
Speaker 4: He had a couple of dark years there for a while.
Speaker 2: Dougie, Yeah, I think have you actually followed Juggie's career? Is his name actually Dougy No?
Speaker 1: No, I think they bought him back for a new round of apts. So look, here's the go if you would like to see.
Speaker 2: If he wants to come with, he can the bus.
Speaker 1: It is our Pizza Hut pilgrimage on Wednesday. We are going back to the last remaining Victorian pizza hut. That is all you can eat. If you want to come, what is your connection to the hut?
Speaker 5: And if you know Dougie, please call us well.
Speaker 4: Third, Good morning Melbourne. This is number one hundred your chance to win five k coming up.
Speaker 2: There's one thing.
Speaker 6: The Jason Lauren Show will go to any extreme. Four No mountain is too harsh, No distance.
Speaker 2: Pizza.
Speaker 1: We are doing a pizza hut pilgrimage. I would hate to know how long maybe our sound I worked on that he.
Speaker 3: Had these things and as we said, we wanted to go to Pizza Hut and Bllerade goes.
Speaker 2: I've got an id.
Speaker 3: I'm going to change us his arm to pizza.
Speaker 4: That's good job.
Speaker 3: Every time we played, I smile at him and he's sitting over there grinning from it.
Speaker 5: I only chat a little bit about the time, right, Okay, I gotcha. It was worth it, all right.
Speaker 3: So Pizza or you Can Eat is still opening. Belleratte now Bellerout's how far from here?
Speaker 2: Clint?
Speaker 5: It's about what ninety minutes? Maybe a bit a bit? Yeah, Hey, question, what's your go to pizza?
Speaker 2: I like a barbecue chicken?
Speaker 4: Oh I don't do chicken on a pizza.
Speaker 5: Well that's okay.
Speaker 2: Put your hand up at me like that. You judge, you little man. Okay, what's with barbecue chicken?
Speaker 5: What's your favorite pizza?
Speaker 4: Super Supreme?
Speaker 2: I love a Supreme.
Speaker 1: So it's just a few more things on that. Yeah, the little black ones where they slice them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you pick anything off your Super Supreme?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 3: What's the one that sounds like a cocktail but it's not Chosa Hawaiian? No, there's a caprioscar is a cocktail and a caprichoso.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, like you know what, I'm a Hawaiian guy.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, I don't mind it.
Speaker 3: Haw I'm especially if you're a pizza hut like the o G the classics. The crispy pepperoni is also question because it's.
Speaker 4: A all we can eat pizza.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pizza, you can go back and get No, no, no, get that question.
Speaker 2: You only take a slice. You don't take the whole pizza.
Speaker 4: No, you can take a couple of slices.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe this day and age.
Speaker 3: I feel like in this day and age, they're going to be like, oh no, no, you just get a small You have as many as you want, but you get the whole pizza, not just a slice.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's the slice.
Speaker 2: So they're letting people touch it still into Yep.
Speaker 5: Nah they are. I regon, someone's got some tongues to you.
Speaker 2: I don't reckon you help meself.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you. A friend of mine went, yep, just like any good.
Speaker 2: Pizza hart in the nineties, can you still make your own ice cream?
Speaker 4: Yep? Question? Question was there garlic breaking pizza?
Speaker 5: I hope so?
Speaker 4: Surely?
Speaker 2: Did you just to be pizza mart No?
Speaker 4: No, at the pizza bar, was it?
Speaker 5: I think it's the loaf, the garlic.
Speaker 1: It has to be then, Oh my god, guys, let's let's ask Kate choosed to work there?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, think of coning here you going?
Speaker 4: Wait? Good? How long did you work a pizza hat for?
Speaker 7: I think about six or seven years?
Speaker 5: One of the rest of your service?
Speaker 2: Are you in the restaurant or the delivery department? I started in delivery in nineteen eighty eight, wow, fourteen years old, first job, and then upgraded to the restaurant.
Speaker 3: From the.
Speaker 4: All you can eat restaurant?
Speaker 1: Was there the garlic bread loaf part of the pizza yeah, right right yeah?
Speaker 2: And the ice cream machine?
Speaker 7: And they were Carbonara too?
Speaker 2: They was Carbonara of course yea. So did they have of course?
Speaker 5: Like I wasn't lying, Kate.
Speaker 2: Did they have to shot the shell balls at the ice cream? They did? They did?
Speaker 1: Now, Kate, is it true you you got promoted to one of the most elite jobs at Pizza Hut?
Speaker 4: What did you get to do?
Speaker 7: I was the clown at the kids party.
Speaker 5: Such a responsibility.
Speaker 3: I went to a few parties at Pizza Hut. I never had one, but I went to a couple.
Speaker 1: Now, Kate, obviously it wasn't that bad because you want to come back. You want to join us on the Pizza Hut pilgrimage.
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 2: All right, she's going to know where everything is.
Speaker 4: You got a seat on the bus.
Speaker 2: Day are you coming?
Speaker 4: We will see it Wednesday?
Speaker 5: You come dressed as the clown cake Sarah.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: We're going to Pizzahut or you can eat in Ballaratte thrilled that still exists?
Speaker 2: Now you grew up in Ballarade? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 2: How many times did you go to Pizza Hut? No?
Speaker 7: I was never allowed to go? What when I devastating because when I was a baby, my family went and they all got food poisoning, so that was kind of black listed.
Speaker 5: What year is that?
Speaker 7: Oh god, it would have been ninety six.
Speaker 6: Maybe No, they've.
Speaker 1: Changed since they sneeze Guarden, I've never been.
Speaker 2: Do you have Do you have dreams and desires to go?
Speaker 7: I mean, of course, Well that's what.
Speaker 3: We do here in the dream Factory. We make dreams come true.
Speaker 2: With us.
Speaker 1: We want you to lower those expectations and come and take a seat on the bus.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: We will see you Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see Sarah's face. She's never been I reckon, She's going to flip out.
Speaker 4: What do you mean? I can just keep helping myself.
Speaker 3: Or you can eat there's not that many, or you can eat restaurants at all anymore.
Speaker 1: Now listen, I don't want to be the parent. We're not starting with the Desserper.
Speaker 2: We can do whatever we want our works. I don't want to be the parent. What you winge the entire way home?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine to drive home from Oh?
Speaker 2: The scream is not mixed? Roll with the beberon Lauren?
Speaker 4: Where's your handback one of those jelly beans?
Speaker 2: You can't take stuff from there?
Speaker 5: Why are we going via?
Speaker 2: You're not driving. I can't handle you driving.
Speaker 3: Also can't handle city next to you.
Speaker 2: We're going. I can't can go on the bars. You and I could get a chopper.
Speaker 5: Get a chopper's idea.
Speaker 4: We got more seats on the bus tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The chopper is full of.
Speaker 5: On the bar and.
Speaker 2: You taking on this bus.
Speaker 1: We're gonna copre We're not taking to mini busy minibus mini bus right, so we've got the former employee, the pizza hat virgin, yes, she's never been.
Speaker 4: And tomorrow, the last remaining.
Speaker 2: Clown of already sold out. We've got We've got.
Speaker 4: The Great Pizza Hot Pilgrimage.
Speaker 2: Isn't that Krati were sold out? Join the basket tomorrow, Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials