Speaker 1: Wait, welcome to the Lake deer Plase. Good evening and welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: I'm Liz Stora and joining me this evening is Joe Hildebrand and Gabriella Power for being here, guys, and thank you for being here. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have a show, So you're the real MVPs. Coming up tonight, the Curious case continues for the man accused of convicted of I should say, killing George Floyd. The case is resumed with new bombshell reports. Will take you up to speed on that shortly. Secondly, a massive win for the Irish in the High Court regarding another another settlement of refugees. It's not going ahead and it's opened up a can of worms in the country.
Speaker 1: What's going to happen next?
Speaker 2: And if you're struggling to get into the Christmas spirit, We've got sixty seconds of bliss that I guarantee will have you feeling like Santa himself, So keep watching for that. But first tonight to the UK where people have gathered outside BBC headquarters to protest who they decided to give Woman Footballer of the Year Award two. Her name is Barbara Bander a twenty four year old who plays.
Speaker 1: In the UK, and she has been awarded this.
Speaker 2: Despite the fact that she was previously withdrawn from the twenty twenty two Women's Africa Cup of Nations over gender regulation concerns ie she had failed a sex test. Here's Barbara Banda on Tuesday receiving the award.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Women's rights advocates have gotten quite a crowd outside of BBC headquarters to say, couldn't you just pick a woman who doesn't have these kinds of allegations surrounding her? Now, it's not known that Barbara is a trans woman. No, it's more likely that she falls under the category of having DSD, which is disorder of sex development, which you probably remember from the many conversations that were had around in Main Khalif following the big punch up pun intended at the French A limb picks Gabby.
Speaker 1: You'd think that this would just be straightforward by now.
Speaker 2: If you fail a sex test, there are real question marks over your eligibility receiving an award, especially from the national broadcaster that's supposed to be a.
Speaker 1: Woman's Footballer of the Year award. This one shouldn't be a hard one.
Speaker 3: I think it's a really bizarre choice from the BBC to award a Barbara Banda the Woman's Footballer of the Year. It's obviously going to spark controversy, especially that it was just two years ago that she failed to meet the gender eligibility rules to even compete because her levels of testosterone were just extraordinarily high. However, I do feel sorry for her in this case because it's not like she was born a male and she's changed her sex and she's wanting to compete.
Speaker 4: In female sports. I'm all for, you know, getting men out of female.
Speaker 3: Sports, keeping it safe, but it's not really her fault that she has this extraordinarily high level of testosterone. I do understand that she had the choice to take medication to bring the level of testosterone back down. She didn't want to do that for medical reasons or the risk of side effects, and that's her choice as well.
Speaker 4: But you know, if she's an athlete.
Speaker 3: She's obviously good at what she does and she wants to play.
Speaker 4: It's not her fault that the.
Speaker 3: Babe want to award her, you know, this award.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not.
Speaker 2: Joe, but it was just October this year that we're all talking about the fact that even the UN had handed down a report which found hundreds of women had missed out on heaps of medals. Over six hundred female athletes in more than four hundred competitions. This report said by the UN lost more than eight hundred and ninety medals in twenty nine different sports. And that's not just speaking of trans women competing with women. That is speaking of these athletes that do have an insane advantage over your average the capacity of an average sporting woman due to having DSD.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, I get that, but I kind of think I'm a bit with Gab on this one. I mean, what she's supposed to do. It's the way that she was born. She's accepting the biology she was born with.
Speaker 1: It's a matter of fairness, But I mean, is it.
Speaker 5: I mean like some people get born and they're, you know, seven foot tall, and they make fantastic basketballers and they're going to kick my little white toush every time on them.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think anyone's arguing about Barbara's fault. I think the all eyes are on the national broadcast are saying why out of all the remarkable woman footballers we have. Would you choose someone who's failed a sex test?
Speaker 5: Well, I think we know why, and we're talking about it. I think they did it. They clearly did it deliberately to sort of show that they were like right on the cutting edge of you know, we're so gageous we are look how you know care weer And obviously, you know, the BBC would have known that this is after all, the media organization. They would have known that this would cause a bit of controversy. It gives a huge amount of publicity for their award and also makes them look like they're kind of, you know, at the vanguard of you know, trans inclusion or whatever. But again not, she's not even trans, So I don't really like, I don't understand what she's supposed to. So this is the thing that I don't mean it's on.
Speaker 2: Her at all, Like I say, it's no one's an actual But if she.
Speaker 5: Can compete, then she can get the award. Either she's not.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's fair that the BBC, the National broadcast had decided out of all the other females who would have to work twice as hard to compete as well as Barbara miss out on the.
Speaker 5: Awards both the BBC can it's their award, they can give it to whoever they want. I think the question the question is whether or not women with higher levels of testosterone should be able to play women's sport, And then the question becomes should women who were born biological males be allowed to play sport? And then the question comes, you know, is that does there have to be some kind of testosterone or estrogen level to be met?
Speaker 3: And the board as well, because she wasn't allowed to play in twenty twenty two. You know, that was when the standard was much higher than it is to even compete in the Olympics, so she was allowed to compete in the Olympics, so you know it should probably be it's the same.
Speaker 1: That's why has the standard dropped?
Speaker 2: Why is this UK and seen as something that ought to be celebrated. Yeah, it turns out all the best sports women are men or someone with DSD. I think JK Rolling, infamous women's rights advocate. I think she summed it up well in her tweet today she said presumably the BBC decided this was more time efficient than going door to door to spit directly in women's faces, well said, I say, staying in the UK.
Speaker 4: Now point rolling.
Speaker 3: I have to say I normally back her on most cases, especially when she gets hit by transactivists, you know, saying the most horrific, vicious things to try and take her down. So but on this case, I'm not one hundred percent sure I agree. But I think when people are trying to do so much to protect women in sports, it's just kind of a really prerocative choice, I guess by the BBC.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I don't think it's fair whatsoever. Staying in the UK Now, a former Lib DEM candidate back in December twenty eighteen, was on her way to a Libdems meeting thinking it was just another day in paradise. It ain't Natalie Bird and she was told when she got there by the convener of the meeting that she had to leave immediately. Her crime she'd worn a T shirt defining what a woman is it's simply read adult human female. For this, she was ostracized for holding a view she has every right to hold by the party. She was suspended from the lib Dems and ban from standing as an MP for a decade. She's now Earlier this year decided to take them to court for this. Initially she was asking for ten thousand pounds for hurt feelings. I'm not exaggerating. The quote says for injury to feelings. End quote. But now she's decided she's after ninety k Joe. I was all for this woman. I thought, yes, fight, fight fights. This is abjectly unfair. And then I found out that now she's just up to the price by eighty thousand pounds.
Speaker 1: And I think she's taking the meeting, which is.
Speaker 5: A thing, right Like, she's complaining that. You know, the Lib Dems have banned her from going to any Liberal Democrat meetings, They've banned her from associating with Lib Dems. They've banned her for standing as a Libdem candidate. Where's the punishment you should be? You're so good to it. This is the best thing about this issue, right, This is the most fantastic thing about it, because it is tearing apart the inner city love is. It's tearing apart the inner city Left. It's tearing apart the Victorian Greens. Every single meeting that the Victorian Greens have, every single pre selection they have. Somehow this issue manages to creep into it and just explode them. It's either like a fight between people who think maybe we should just talk about anything other than trans rights for just like one minute, and they think that this is the new frontier. You know, we've got same sex marriage. Now we've got to get transit us over the line, and you have to throw everything at it. And then of course you've got at the same time the sort of radical feminists and the former you know almost like I don't know, you know, he would have lesbian separatists back in the day, you know that you know, all heterosexual sex is a violation and that women can only feel say around other women. And now you've got all these people who would have ended up in the Greens, and they are now the turfs who are being threatened, they think, by trans women. And so it is the ultimate left eating itself almost via you know, insertion of its own. You know, it is so far up itself that is actually just consuming itself within. It's like it's like it's like the human centipede. But there's just one.
Speaker 2: No reds to that was I don't know that she's going to get this payout though, Gabby, because as the party who of course fighting this tooth and now have pointed out much of the bullying that she's suing for was by activists, not by people within the party themselves.
Speaker 1: They of course had made this.
Speaker 2: Disciplinary measure for which they were happy to pay her ten thousand K.
Speaker 1: They owned it, they conceded.
Speaker 2: But now she's going for ninety K and they're like, we're not taking ability for things that activists.
Speaker 3: Then, as he said, taking the mickey on this one, I think as a big big red flag around at Natalie Bird. I was with you where you're going to. You see her coming out. She's wearing the so the T shirt that's so offensive, saying women are adult human females. Yes, I'm proud of her actually wearing something like that.
Speaker 4: She's absolutely entitled to.
Speaker 3: But when you start carrying on claiming to be a victim, and that's part of her claim is that she suffered a victimization. Any one of us can claim that they've been victimized over whatever reason, and you can. I think if you're chasing this party for money, as much money as she can, she's better off using her time doing something else. If she really cares about women's rights, what have issues that she wants to divide about she can do something proactive and trying to get ninety thousand dollars just seems absolutely outraged.
Speaker 4: Look at it.
Speaker 5: She wants the ninety thousand dollars to buy ninety thousand new T shirts.
Speaker 2: I I can't imagine that the lib Dems have that kind of money anyway.
Speaker 1: So that's a very important thing to do, lady.
Speaker 2: Before you sue someone, you need to make sure that they have the money to cough up before you even bother. Back to Australia now, where we all know that Candace Owens, inarguably the most famous conservative female commentator on the face of the planet, has been denied a visa to Australia. Tony Burke is worried that she will well that she has the capacity to incite discord and quote we'll keep has challenged this in the High Court.
Speaker 1: She's saying this.
Speaker 2: Amounts to censorship and she's not wrong. This amounts to censorship. I won't stand for it. I'm going to take every avenue available to me to challenge this in justice. It's going to be a very interesting case. We saw very recently New Zealand overturned their initial ban on her visa, her doing a speaking tour there. It remains to be seen where whether Tony Burt's call will.
Speaker 1: Actually stand up in the High Court. I have a feeling it won't.
Speaker 4: Gabby, Yeah, I don't think that it will.
Speaker 3: I think this one's quite difficult because we've got a crisis at the moment right here with it with anti Semitism. We're seeing that play out. So I understand why the visa was denied. I suppose I think anything at the moment that could kind of make the social cohesion worse in Australia. We don't want to anyone here that is going to be sharing anti Semitic views. However, I also believe in the freedom of speech and I just don't think you can censor people.
Speaker 4: And thinking she already has a platform.
Speaker 3: We've got five million people following her on Instagram, We've got six million people following her on Twitter. If you're going to say she can't come to Australia, people that want to listen to her are going to find a way.
Speaker 4: To listen to her.
Speaker 3: You've actually so that's it, and it could even have the reverse effect. All of a sudden, you know, people are saying you can't listen to her and then all of a sudden her numbers go after.
Speaker 5: Have yes, yeah, that is certainly my normal rule of thumb, but I think in this case, at this time, it would be foolhardy to have her over.
Speaker 2: The freedom of speech is not when you feel like it is working democracy.
Speaker 5: If she was saying these things here and or someone else was saying these things here.
Speaker 2: And when we say these things. To be clear, she has been called anti semitic. However these days just speaking again certain things Israel's doing or opposing actions that Netanyahu has taken, that is being painted with this very broad brush of oh, it's anti semitic. As you and I have spoken about previously, you can oppose things that ISRAELI.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'll not be anti semitic.
Speaker 5: But clearly, but clearly, there is an outbreak of anti semitism in Australia, and her comments go beyond criticizing Israel and.
Speaker 1: Getting point to any of those comments, I think I.
Speaker 5: Don't have it. I don't have a comments in front of me. I remember reading them in the past and being surprised that she would say things like that. But my concern is that there is an epidemic of anti Semitism that is virulent in Australia at the moment. It is live, it is violent. We have seen cars properties being firebombed. And to bring someone over who is under a cloud of anti semitism in that environment, I think is too risky. And that is a different thing from one being able to say what she's saying here within viability. We don't even know what she's going to say here. And this is where I think I'm not sure how the High Court challenge is going to work. The High Court has previously found that there is an implied freedom of political expression in the constitution. That's as far as it goes. We don't have constitutionally protected free speech in Australia like America does. So she's free to say those things over here. Over Here, you might say, if she's talking about, you know, Jewish people having too much influence or whatever, that might be considered, and that might be considered.
Speaker 1: We've never done that.
Speaker 5: That might be considered an implied freedom of political expression. If she's talking about that sort of thing now, or maybe it's just out now, any semittism, they dismiss it. But the test by which someone can be denied a visa. Is I believe the Immigration Minister just being able to determine of his or her own accord whether or not they deem someone to be of good character. And so that's quite a subjective test that they clearly have the power to apply, whether it meets the threshold of implied freedom of expression in another jurisdiction where she's saying it, which the High Court has no jurisdiction of. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 2: One thing I will say from the Albany the government on this is that they're not playing favorites, because of course we know that they also denied a visa to a former Israeli minister who is a firebrand on the Israeli side. So at least we can give them that they're not playing favorites. They simply don't want a firebrand on either side visiting Australia at a time when let's face it, it's a tinderbox in here moving very very.
Speaker 1: Local for anyone in New South Wales.
Speaker 2: We learned today thanks to a freedom of information application by Liberal MP Matt Fox.
Speaker 1: Have I no cross, sorry, Matt Cross, that open cross.
Speaker 2: The state government, the men's government, Joe is going to hate this story because.
Speaker 1: We know so how much he loves mins.
Speaker 2: The Men's government has forked out a whopping five point four million dollars in taxpayer funds trying to review the toll system, which we know is extortionate.
Speaker 1: Anyone who has traveled on.
Speaker 2: Sydney roads knows that it's absolutely extortionate. But these people putting this review together have managed to blow five point four million dollars just on putting it together.
Speaker 1: Here's some of the money spent.
Speaker 2: One hundred and forty thousand, one hundred and forty five thousand dollars on flights and accommodation, two point eight million on staff, one point five million on other consultants. My goodness, have we've got consultants hiring consultants now? And fifty two thousand, two hundred and eight dollars on miscellaneous.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of pens and highlighters. My goodness, now this review miscellaneous one. She was very well off this review, Gabby.
Speaker 2: What cracked me up because I was like, Okay, what were the findings?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, fix this? How are you five million dollars?
Speaker 1: What are you going to find? Expecting? Goal tier?
Speaker 2: The review recommends a new northbound toll on the Harbor Bridge and Tunnel as well as the Eastern distributor.
Speaker 1: The review argues that.
Speaker 2: The money raised would then be used to lower the costs of tolls across the network. So basically what we've got recommended for our five point four million dollars is more tolls which will overall make the tolls cheaper.
Speaker 3: What a good way to spend five million dollars to find something like that? But how infuriating is it for anyone living in Sydney in New Southwest and it just costs so much money to get from A to B. It's seven dollars just to go through one one tunnel another five dollars here before even factor in how much you're spending on fuel and the rest of it.
Speaker 4: But this in from the government on this one.
Speaker 3: When they were you are asked to provide a statement as to this report, they've said, oh, you know, the five million dollars pails in comparison to the one hundred and ninety five billion dollars at motorists will pay out to twenty sixty unless the new system is reformed. Are we supposed to be grateful that we are spending so much Sean tolls as it is, it's just getting higher, and that spending five million to find out absolutely nothing.
Speaker 5: Oh and it's a storm and to take up five million, they'll barely get your three toll gates on the m fire three times.
Speaker 1: I've got to come into it.
Speaker 5: I do love my boy, No, but he is. He is trying to fix the problem. So he is like, yes, the Telly is absolutely right, and nothing has actually happened yet, and yes there does.
Speaker 1: Appear to be Yes, there does appear to be nothing.
Speaker 5: At all. Love Alan Fells as well, big fan.
Speaker 2: Although it must be said it's not Fell's fault, as he pointed out my expenses. This is the guy who was in charge of doing the review. He headed the whole thing up. He simply pointed out, don't.
Speaker 1: Look at me. It was under the cap that the government gave me.
Speaker 5: One motel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe say.
Speaker 2: So again the finger pointing comes straight back to your mate.
Speaker 5: Well, I think I think smaller someone gives you a cap doesn't mean you have to spend all of it. But again I suppose you know, is a very well respected competition azar and he knows what he's doing, and I think his his his recommendations actually make a huge amount of sense. So for people outside of Sydney. Obviously, the North Shore and the Eastern suburbs are the most affluent parts of Sydney, and yet owing to a quirk in history, you don't actually pay a toll going north on the Harbor Bridge of tunnel. You only pay it on the way back, so you only you're only basically getting a half you're getting you're only paying half price basically for use of the road. Whereas if you live in the Southwest with the M five, or in the West with the M four, or anywhere else you have to rely on toll roads, it's not like, oh no, you only get you know, you only have to pay you know, going west, you don't have to pay when you're coming back. So I actually think it makes perfect sense. It is you'll be pleased to know these, especially a redistribution of wealth. But the richest parts of Sydney have been getting literally a free ride like these are distributed. There's no tolls at all, whereas for poor people in the out of west, you know, people who rely on the M four, the M five, people in Cana.
Speaker 3: Trying to make it getting free rides anywhere. Sydney is so spread out, wherever you live, wherever you were, people have to cross all over to go see their family. I think no matter what part of Sydney you're in, you're coughing up for.
Speaker 2: Tollstly agree, if you're traveling anywhere in Sydney, you're gonna you've basically bought another car in the cost of tolls in the space of say a year. It's absolutely extortionate. To Canada, now, where we're still waiting, is Trudeau going to resign or not? We know that two of his ministers resigned within the same day. The vast majority of people want to see the back of this guy. He's clearly lost the confidence of his parliament and Heckler's are coming after him. Check out this guy who took him to task last night at a Liberal Party fundraiser at the Canadian Museum of History. This clip has gone viral, with many Canadians saying this man is fueling the rage.
Speaker 1: Of a nation.
Speaker 6: King Trudeau, what gives you the right to continue? What gives you the right to stay in office? You failed Canada, You've ruined our country. You're done, walk away. You don't have an ounce of your father's integrity. At least he walked in the snow.
Speaker 1: You've ruined.
Speaker 6: This country around you is running from you.
Speaker 5: They're abandoning you.
Speaker 6: Christian Friel and Sean Fraziers, they've all left you.
Speaker 1: It's time for you to go.
Speaker 6: It's time for Canada to have an election. You're not the king.
Speaker 5: See this is what I don't understand. Why is he so upset about Justin Trudeau not being the king. Canada is not even a republic. You actually have a king. So you're just saying you're not king, Charles. I think this guy's in the wrong country.
Speaker 1: We're simply saying that you can.
Speaker 2: Be deposed unlike kings, really unless you kill him.
Speaker 5: Let's have a look sadly for Justin Trudeau and got the French. Bloody French every time, isn't it. They just screw you over to the last.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Now, sadly for Justin Trudeau was not the end of it. Another heckler came out him and said that he sold Canada out.
Speaker 7: No, you've sold us out to globalism. You are not working for Canada, you are working for your globalist partners. I wonder how much they're paying you to be tree Canada. What do we do with traders in Canada, mister Trudeau. We used to hang them, hang them for.
Speaker 1: Treason, and you're doing that very same thing to us.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, now I'm not that if I quite agree with the whole.
Speaker 1: Agree. Oh no, no, no, not.
Speaker 5: That hanging paper.
Speaker 2: But that was a historical fact which he's pointed.
Speaker 1: Out, that Canada used to hang people for treason. Don't you do it?
Speaker 5: That, doesn't you do it?
Speaker 2: Of that clip which you have artfully evaded, is the fact that this guy was trained by the World Economic Forum. He is on the World Economic Forum website, is one of the young leaders that they are so proud of, and he has absolutely ruined his country. The one guy who can save it though, Leader of the opposition, Pierre Polivier, he took to his socials yesterday to explain the situation that there was only one man still keeping him Trudeau in power, and would that man agree to withdraw his support.
Speaker 8: Mister Trudeau is being held in office by one man, jag Meat saying eighty percent of Canadians have lost confidence in this Prime minister. So why is jag Meet saying making the entire country wait for him to get his pension.
Speaker 5: Yeah. See, that's all well and good, but you know you're really in trouble when your own people, the people you are actually in coalition with, the people who are your governing partners, are also calling for you to reside. And that is exactly what Jack Mete seeing from the New Democrats, is saying, he listen.
Speaker 9: And instead of dealing with issues that are important for Canadians, the Prime minister is dealing with fighting in his own party. It's clear that the Prime minister cannot continue. Will he resign today?
Speaker 5: Yes or no?
Speaker 2: So the day after Pierre said, Jack mut saying you've got to pull the plug on this guy. There he is saying, okay, Trudeau, it's time to say goodbye. I am loving the momentum. This is getting gabby. But Trudeau, while saying that he's currently considering his options, has yet to do anything comprehensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I've been waiting for it, haven't we.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's clear that his time is up. It's not new that politicians. He's not the first one to get heckled. I remember being in Melbourne and going to down Andrews Press conferences, and during the COVID years he was getting heckled when he was outside that stadium as well. But you know, Canada, it just needs to reform its economic policies. It's you know, the Canadians are absolutely fed up with it, with the cost of living crisis, the immigration crisis, and now just seeing so much online of just people being so disappointed by him.
Speaker 5: It is one of those things, isn't it, where everyone loves the progressive work, touchy feely agenda everything when everything's going well or everything. As soon as there is a cost of living pressure, everything just evaporates instantly, including you know actual you know, serious things like long term things though, like climate train and stuff like that, which I know is a government conspiracy is But I dare say we've gone from karme lamentum to justin true demented.
Speaker 1: How much work did you put into that?
Speaker 5: I spent.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was absolutely incredible.
Speaker 5: It really disturbs me though, that Justin Trudeau has French heritage and that France hate the French is next to Germany.
Speaker 2: About Pierre then because he has a French last name, because he's set to become the next PMS.
Speaker 5: I heard them all. I heard them all, Quebec.
Speaker 1: You can't keep this guy happy.
Speaker 2: I think the Canadians should just start a petition like everyone in the UK did, where they were like, we want another general election. Two point nine million people jumped on the UK Parliament's website and sign that petition, saying we know kiss Dama is only a few months old, but we want another trip around the mulberry Bush. Please, Canadians get on it. You've already seen it done. You guys can pull it off as well. To Germany now, where just a week after we saw similar scenes in France, they've decided to go to a snap election.
Speaker 1: Get this.
Speaker 2: Chancellor Olaf Schultz has lost confidence vote, but he put it up himself. He took it to the lower House saying, look, please just vote me out so we can get on with having an earlier election. He required three hundred and sixty seven votes of no confidence to get it across the line and to succeed in his aim. Three hundred and ninety four MPs obliged shim.
Speaker 1: And said, yes, we're kicking you to the curb. Goodbye, buddy.
Speaker 2: Germany is now going to an election in February, nine months before it was scheduled. This is really interesting, Gabby, because these guys know better than anyone that in September of this year, the AfD, which is called the far right party in Germany, won the state election. And I think this can be summed up in one word immigration. We've seen successive parties throughout Europe doing really well when they take a hard line on immigration, and it's the AfD who have said the immediate expulsion of all illegal immigrants is going to be their number one priority should they take power. I think obviously the incumbent government has realized they are on the nose to the extent that they're literally bowing out at this point.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they've now got to care to hear government until February and that, as you say, too much immigration has really been the issue here as well as the economy. I're looking at the economy. It hasn't grown in five years. And you know, it's the same kind of in countries that we've seen like in America where you've got the cost of living crisis, the immigration crisis, but the border over their high fuel and that what's happening is the Trump effects. People are saying no, they're voting with their with their pockets as they typically do, and now people are going to the right and this is what's happening in Germany.
Speaker 5: Again. It's the same thing, isn't it. When economics are good, when economic growth is strong, when unemployment is low and everyone's got a well paying job, everyone is open hearted and wants people to come in and don't have a problem. The minute a crisis hits, suddenly people I look around for someone to blame, but all they care about is that economic stuff. And I think the problem here is AfD. They are a bad bunch of dudes. They are nasty, nasty people, and they are unlike other populist right parties in Europe. They have seriously concerning links and similarities to the Nazi Party.
Speaker 1: I know what you're.
Speaker 2: Referring to, Joe, but they are not the party of nineteen forty five.
Speaker 5: They have well I would hope not, but they But they.
Speaker 2: Have, and they have expelled people who spouse those values.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. But the fact the fact that they're in there, and the fact that they're in there in the first place, and the fact that they're spouting those things. They have the slogans that are similar to ones used in Nazi Germany, and so these are.
Speaker 1: Bad, bad, bad, Like what can you quote any.
Speaker 5: I think it's Deutschland, US in the German which is Dutch Land, or Germany over all, which is.
Speaker 1: Which that is just like America.
Speaker 5: First, it's not it has very strong Nazi connotations. So anyway, this is recent you're saying, yep, yep, this is the last few years. So these again, these guys are bad news. Do not defend them, do not. But again, this is what happens if center right parties or indeed center left parties failed to control immigration and there are open borders and people do feel overwhelmed, then parties like this will rise up. So in a sense, it's incumbent on mainstream parties to almost do their dirty work for them, to make sure that you don't end up being so incomfident that you're swept away and that these parties come in because it is it is very scary. And the other thing is that German germanness, if you like. And again this was especially under the Nazis, was not something that was seen as being conferred by citizenship. It was very much seen as something that was conferred by blood, that you were born a German, and that being a German had certain racial characteristics. So again, when they talk about expelling all illegal immigrants or foreigners or whatever.
Speaker 2: I think that's perfectly fair, he said.
Speaker 5: I know, but it has what country.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't love to be rid of all illegal immigrants some parts sort of.
Speaker 5: That sort of stuff has a particular resonance in Germany that is far more scary than saying it over all. But you're not talking, you know, Germany, until just a few decades ago, in the reconstruction of post war the German identity was one of a racially pure aryan German, not someone who had a German passport.
Speaker 2: We know this, but I do think it is a stretch to say that this is essentially the same party.
Speaker 1: They're just kind of going out.
Speaker 5: It's the very they have links and they have similar rhetoric to a party that emerged in Germany not so long ago.
Speaker 1: It was a very long time ago.
Speaker 2: Actually, I don't think you can tire people with a brush from nineteen forty five.
Speaker 5: Well, the founder of IFDA left it because he was so concerned about the elements.
Speaker 2: Like I say, they have expelled members who espouse the values that you're hearkening back.
Speaker 1: They're clearly a very different party.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should rebrand, just rebrand, it's way too.
Speaker 5: Controversial, not the Nazi Party.
Speaker 2: To Ireland now where speaking of immigration, people in the town.
Speaker 1: Of ath Loun has had a huge win.
Speaker 2: You may be aware of these massive refugee accommodations popping up in towns all over Ireland.
Speaker 1: If I had a dollar for.
Speaker 2: Every time I've seen a community of everyday Irish people begging police, do not empty your buses here, do not do this. They are not welcome here. These are illegals. We do not want them in our country town. I would never have to work again in my entire life. So these guys in af Lound decided, you know what, We're going to take this to the High Court. We do not want more refugee accommodation in our patch and get this the state folded.
Speaker 1: They won. Of course, what this sets.
Speaker 2: Is a really interesting precedent for all the other down to undoubtedly are sitting up taking note and saying, mmmm.
Speaker 1: Where now to for us?
Speaker 2: Here's a short video of those in a flown celebrating the win.
Speaker 1: Now while they're being flooded with immigrants.
Speaker 2: You'd think that surely these refugees would be so grateful to be there at least, But if this lady is anything to go by, no they're not.
Speaker 10: These are one of the women that we were moved from siri Ac to this assolated dump in Dendrum Tipaw. We had to clean our houses first before moving in their houses as good spader worms.
Speaker 4: It was very dating.
Speaker 10: There's no gate, as you can see the Secure Infrastructure Bill to keep herself. There are no buses to travel to shops or to the nearby our town. There's no school to accommodates of our children, and schools are opening soon now we must be on the waiting list. There's no employment situated in the area for assisting us with employment.
Speaker 1: How's that for gratitude.
Speaker 2: You come here with nothing, You have a roof over your head, you are provided for, and all you can do is complain, if not.
Speaker 5: Even run someone out of town these days without them be chicken mudy.
Speaker 2: Is it any wonder that Adlund's like, you know what, We're just not putting you up. You're not even happy to be here. We've got to go to an ad break now. But when we come back, this amazing case regarding the convicted killer of George Floyd's continues with bombshell new.
Speaker 1: Revelations, Will we ride back? Welcome back? Well.
Speaker 2: The case of Derek Chauvin, the man convicted of killing George Floyd, has now resumed after a judge has decided that his team can look into the medical records of George Floyd. The questions now being asked pertain to a heart condition that George Floyd may have had, which may have aggravated been aggravated by.
Speaker 1: A rare tumor he had.
Speaker 2: Therefore, did he actually die of asphyxiation due to the pressure Derek Chauvin, the police officer.
Speaker 1: Had applied to the back of his neck.
Speaker 2: Here is Liz Colin talking to Jack Prosbec explaining the situation.
Speaker 11: This is a federal judge who has finally come back approving this motion that has been in the works four months to examine heart tissue in George Floyd and also some fluids from George Floyd's.
Speaker 1: Body as well well.
Speaker 11: And basically this is related to what's called a periganglioma. This was discussed in the Fall of Minneapolis. Some doctors came forward during Derek Chauvin's case to say, why wasn't this tumor tested in George Floyd. In many cases it can lead to sudden cardiac death. They brought this information forward, his attorney at the time did not act upon this information, according to court documents, and also the judge, Judge Peter Cahill, ignored it as well. So in this motion, the judge has now said that this testing can take place.
Speaker 2: How would you feel if you were Derek Chauvin? So the judges dismiss this. Initially, Derek pleaded guilty because he wanted to reduce sentence. Who wouldn't under the circumstances. The other part of this bombshell news is that it's found that George Floyd wasn't actually dead until at least an hour after Derek Chauvin was seen on the pavement applying the pressure.
Speaker 1: To the back of his neck.
Speaker 2: We know this because in the autopsy report, it shows that an anti morton blood was collected by the HHC at least an hour after he was taken into care. George Floyd that was taken into care.
Speaker 1: Now, anti morton.
Speaker 2: Blood is the opposite of post mortem anything. This means that George was still alive while receiving this medical attention. It's going to be very interesting, Gabby, to see where this case goes from here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank goodness this case is being reopened because it really appears that Derek Chauvin's lawyer has completely mucked up his defense.
Speaker 4: CAPTI.
Speaker 3: You know, Chauvin claims that if he knew that this evidence could have been tested in trial, then he wouldn't have pleaded guilty, you know, And I think it sounds pretty critical that it does get tested, that it's he was a lie for an hour.
Speaker 4: It's very hospital.
Speaker 5: This is this is a pathologist who came forward unsolicited to Chauvin's lawyer and the lawyer and the lawyer just said, so he could just be a crank, Like it's good that they're reopening, but I wouldn't be if I was Derek Chauvin, I wouldn't be pinning my hopes. I wouldn't be packing my suit case.
Speaker 1: But this is the autopsy report.
Speaker 5: But clearly if you were directions, that's the autopsy report that shows you would because he didn't finally die until an hour afterwards, but he could well like the thing that killed That doesn't make that he had.
Speaker 2: This aggregating factor in the form of this tumor.
Speaker 5: That's right, And but the fact that the pathologist was not involved in the case came forward unsolicited off this. Maybe he's brilliant, maybe he's got it, but he may very.
Speaker 1: Well just be passionate about justice because the.
Speaker 2: Very old facts by both Chauvin's lawyer previously.
Speaker 5: Even to even make it to the judge.
Speaker 1: The Liz Colin said there that both of them dismissed it.
Speaker 5: But I don't think the lawyer even brought it as part of the evidence.
Speaker 1: Derek wasn't aware even.
Speaker 4: It seems like that the lawyer's kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: That's the lawyer has obviously thought this is just not credible. This is not going to help our case, and we're better off just taking the plea buget. Maybe he was just feeling lazy it wanted to knock off early, or maybe he just thought this is just totally genial. But anyway, let's hear it out. Let's see if it is. And let's see if Derek Chauvin thought he killed George Floyd but then found out afterwards that maybe he hadn't.
Speaker 2: Well, he didn't really have much of a case left they'd fought it to the nth degree, and it was kind of like, well, you have to be responsible, so either you get a really big sentence or you just plead guilty. So naturally he took the most obvious road, and now it's.
Speaker 5: I can't breathe, I can't breathe.
Speaker 1: Well, new evidence reports that he may yet get off. Who knows. It's just very interesting.
Speaker 2: Given this, of course was the case. This was the death that sparked the BLM riots that burnt entire cities to the ground, most notably Minneapolis, and really helped the Democrats in the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty election.
Speaker 2: Staying in the US, now, the New York state mandates the removal of all indigenous imagery that has anything to do with school sporting teams. Yes, it's more woke nonsense. So the state of New York has followed up on schools using any kind of indigenous imagery linked to their school teams.
Speaker 1: So here's a list.
Speaker 2: Of before and after name changes. The Raiders are going to be called the wolf Pack. Indians are going to be called the Ravens. Chiefs will now be the Cougars Raiders.
Speaker 1: How is red raiders bad? Is now red in green.
Speaker 2: Those are just two colors. It's not a very compelling name change. And thunderbirds now eagles.
Speaker 1: I mean, the would.
Speaker 2: Whose quality of life has been improved by this helped me out?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the students, how how are the students really benefiting from this?
Speaker 4: I was looking at some of the reaction to this.
Speaker 3: Online and people were saying, what a waste of taxpayer funds?
Speaker 4: Can you can teachers get back to teaching.
Speaker 3: Can the focus be on actually what they're learning at schools instead of this woke nonsense.
Speaker 5: I don't understand, like the chiefs, like they could be fire.
Speaker 1: Chiefs, they could be any kind of chief.
Speaker 4: And schools don't have a choice here.
Speaker 1: Why can they do this?
Speaker 5: Why can't they just haven't changed red Raiders to raiders because the La Raiders.
Speaker 1: They were no longer Red Raiders, just.
Speaker 5: Raiders and the whites Bread. So there's now a school that is in the process of also changing its nickname, the Whitespread Central School, that is the whitesp Warriors. Even warriors has to go because they are indigen.
Speaker 2: But again, just like cheefs, you can be any kind of warriors.
Speaker 1: It's not exactly.
Speaker 5: Also, why is it bad to be warrior, Like, isn't that part of your culture that you should be celebrated? Like, yeah, we're fears.
Speaker 1: I would have feel worried.
Speaker 2: It seems you can't kill one's faces because if nobody's named in the names, then they're like, there's not enough representation.
Speaker 1: So people do these kinds of things.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, how dare you represent us?
Speaker 1: This is cultural appropriation. We've got to go to a break now.
Speaker 2: But when we come back, if you're struggling with Christmas cheer, I've got sixty seconds for you that I guarantee will get you in the mood the front. Imagine you're in your eighties and you see one of Elon Musk's Tesla cyber trucks drive by. Can you imagine what an otherworldly experience you'd be having. Gabby, this lady, this grandma in the US, cannot believe her.
Speaker 3: I oh, I love the reaction from this grandmother because we've seen those these Tesla cyber trucks hitting at the road and they've been getting mixed reaction.
Speaker 4: Many people love them.
Speaker 3: I know there's a big waiting list for them, but just check out how this grandmother responded.
Speaker 7: That thing behind guys, it's out of Star Wars?
Speaker 1: What is there?
Speaker 9: What kind of care is there that is a Tesla sub? Why?
Speaker 1: God, wow, this is recidulous. How about word?
Speaker 2: It does look like it's out of Star Wars, like one of the spaceships.
Speaker 1: By god, who would drive that?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is so brue.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is Elon Musk is going to see that it's going viral on titter, so he's going to see that reaction.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good and looks she's probably not the target market.
Speaker 4: If she's thinking that hipping cool, then you.
Speaker 5: Know Grandy's getting an That's what I think.
Speaker 1: How much do they set you back as well?
Speaker 2: Like you've got to pay a lot for the privilege.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I wonder I want if I'm going to have to drive an electric car. I wan an electric car that looks like the biggest gas guzzler, the biggest petrol inhaling monster truck.
Speaker 2: Well, just so you're going to offend all the lefties anyway, I'm just because it looks.
Speaker 5: Good like that does like I'm with the Grandma. It does kind of just look weird. It looks like, oh no, it does.
Speaker 2: It looks like something out of Star Wars, exactly like she said. But I promised you sixty seconds to get you into the Christmas spirit.
Speaker 1: If you're feeling more stress than blessed.
Speaker 2: Right now, let this choir of beautiful boys remind you it's Christmas time.
Speaker 5: I could have done better.
Speaker 1: Heavenly gotta give that girl's bunks. I absolutely love it.
Speaker 5: I think that fourth kid from the left up the back was a little bit off.
Speaker 2: Just doesn't it just show up gabbing all the like modern jingle bell, jingle bell that is utterly heavenly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely transit.
Speaker 3: I saw someone say, you know, bring back modern Christmas music, and everyone are saying no, and it's Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: By the way, their voices are so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Please there's no competition. That's a wrap from us. We'll be back tomorrow. Coming up next. Sky News documentary m H three seven zero ten years on