Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Hi thereon, Welcome to your Monday Jack.
Speaker 3: You look fresh, thank swany, So do you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've sorted, I've sorted all weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, great?
Speaker 2: And cooked. I've cooked like an absolute like cook. I've cooked like a professional cook.
Speaker 3: Did you make the bolin A's that you said you were going to cook?
Speaker 2: I made a bolonaise. I'm holding my arms out like as if you're hugging somebody. It's that. It was that big.
Speaker 3: It's like you've got triplets.
Speaker 2: I've got a todo. I've got a photo of the pot that I used in relation to a jar of jam just so that you can see the size of it.
Speaker 3: How exciting.
Speaker 4: Speaking of cooking, Swaney after three o'clock, I've never spoken to this dude, and I'm not sure you have either.
Speaker 3: I know Jamie Oliver is going to be joining the show's O.
Speaker 2: Neither of us have met him in person, because he's clearly been in our houses for one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, you, especially on the circle. I would have thought you guys would have had him in I mean.
Speaker 2: Look, I could have. I've forgotten a lot of stuff from that time.
Speaker 3: Next, let's say good ay? And what are we asking Swanee?
Speaker 2: We are saying, do you properly love where you live? I'm obsessed. I have the most beautiful moment on Saturday in my suburb. Do you just love where you live?
Speaker 4: Give us a call and we want like reasons as to why we will award you a prize for doing so The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Let's say gooday, Chrissy say today Now as you know, I'm well and truly in my hermit era, and you know I've been leaving for workers, but I haven't been really like in my life very much. I mean no at home a lot and by you know, for a long time.
Speaker 3: Do you think the hermit era will end?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Well, we ever sit at a restaurant together again? I mean we will for your birthday present. But aside from that, will you come out the juries out?
Speaker 2: I think so, because I actually did leave the house on Saturday, and I know that you know how unusual that is for me. I didn't really lies quite how long I had been. That's my fine. I didn't realize quite how long I had been in my hermit air era until I left the house on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Because you'd realize things about your surrounding suburb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the suburb you.
Speaker 2: I went down to the fresh food market. I'm lucky enough to have one of those, and I thought, oh, I've been here for a while, and straight away I was like, a while, I don't reckon, I've been here for four or five months. And I walk in and I used to go every Saturday with my friend Jamie right and we'd get you know, sausages and whatever. Butcher exactly, store hold exactly. So I turn up and I and I go, I say, see my butcher. I go hi, John, and he looks around to all his stuff and he goes, guys, she's here, she's here.
Speaker 3: She died.
Speaker 2: And I was shocked, and he goes, we were so worried about you. We thought you'd moved house. We thought you'd moved out of the suburb. And I was like, oh my god, yeah, it's really been that long. And then I turned around because across the way is the deli, and you know, it's where you get your ham and whatever. Anyway, I go, Hi, Hi, Harry, and he goes, oh my god, where have you been. They noticed that I was absent.
Speaker 4: This is why you need to get back out there in the wild swan and I.
Speaker 2: Just thought, God, I love where I live. I love that they at some point in the last four or five months have had a conversation that goes, we haven't seen Christy for a while. I hope everything's all wrong?
Speaker 3: Where is that grumpy old hag?
Speaker 2: Isn't that beautiful? Doesn't happen to you? Doesn't happen to maybe? I tell you what the dry cleaning would miss here?
Speaker 3: Would hello?
Speaker 2: Shads? Do you just love where you live?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 7: I have a beautiful little street and we all do a street party every Friday night. We take turns at someone's plate. We have a cheese boto wine.
Speaker 2: What happens I've always wondered when, because these streets are unusual and magical, what happens when somebody knew moves into the streets. What happens?
Speaker 7: Well, we've been lucky if we have had a couple of new new ones come in in the last couple of years and we just invite them along, and everybody seemed to slot in and it's been lovely.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that sort of element of the social life, the residential social life, is a little sort of note on the vendor's statement when you're when they're selling a house, Shas, do you know what I mean? Like, do you go by the way You've got plans every Friday night for the rest of your.
Speaker 4: Life, Chaddy, do you ever pull or put your keys in the bowl at the end of Friday night? No, we don't do that any any affairs or secret hookups? Not really.
Speaker 2: Oh you sound unsure about that, Sha, I'm onto your shaz Priceline pharmacy voucher for you.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Do you just love where you live so much?
Speaker 8: I love where I moved so much that I moved out here so I work. I usually work out here, but I fully relocated from Paknam to one Saggy So I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: If you I also no one thing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you know you get to the best of both worlds. We have farms and you're seeing the cows and horses, and then there's beaches two minutes five minutes from your house, and do.
Speaker 2: You just wander around and look at everything with your eyes and just go, oh my god.
Speaker 8: It's just so beautiful, Like we see a kidneers like there to see we're seeing kangaroos, You're seeing Kooker barrows magical. It is so magical. Everyone knows each other here now. So I had I was on long maternity leaves and I walked into the Woolworth and they're like, where have you been. I'm like, oh, I just had a kid, and they're like, oh, it's good to see you're back. And everyone is just so friendly, like a whole different vibe of the century coastal.
Speaker 2: When you realize that your absence is noted, that's like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, warming, so hard. Voucher for you mail. Let's finish with Hilary.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hillary, Hello Christy.
Speaker 9: I'm so pleased to speak with you.
Speaker 2: I am too, because Hillary is one of my favorite names of all time. Oh no way, yes, thank you. Now where do you live and why do you love? It's sick?
Speaker 9: I love my house. It's an apartment on the fiftieth floor of an apartment building in a bank in Melbourne, and I can see the ocean and the city and I'm walking distance from the Botanic gardens and the theaters.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 9: And I can't tell you how much I love being there and live with my husband and Keiths and we just love it.
Speaker 2: Isn't that great?
Speaker 3: It's so good in Hillary.
Speaker 4: I always think of you guys on the fiftieth floor because you'd see the best sunrises and sunsets.
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness, you've known he's the rainbows.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. The Creasy Swan Show one Pass is now available at Priceline Pharmacy and Sister Cob members are getting exclusive access to boosted perks. Start your free thirty day trial today.
Speaker 10: Learn more at Priceline dot com today u slash one pass, tacuse eligibility criteria and exclusions of mine.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Big ups to Priceline Pharmacy.
Speaker 3: Chrissy Sweet.
Speaker 2: Because I said it was. It was a quiet weekend. Mine always are. It's easy to go, oh, nothing really happened, and then you do a little deep dive and you realize that beautiful nuggets of magnificence.
Speaker 3: I mean, you left the bloody house. That happened.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that. You know why I left the house. This brings me to my very first highlight, why I got a blood test?
Speaker 3: Oh, how do you go with that?
Speaker 2: You remember this? I love them, Actually they're fine. I've got a really good vein.
Speaker 4: Vein.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got a great vein in my left hand. It's did no.
Speaker 3: Problem, heaven.
Speaker 2: But four weeks I put it off because I just had other things to do instead. So I'm going to find out how my iron is, which is handy even most times. I feel like Nosferatu coming straight out of the copper. The second highlight. So the reason that it's a highlight is because I before I left to go there, I had conversations like, oh, just you're at home, just do it next week. And I had to give myself a stern talking to.
Speaker 4: And did you give yourself an incentive when you gave yourself a stern talking to?
Speaker 3: Yes, good, that's how I work too.
Speaker 2: And the incentive what was it? Oh god, I wish you had an aspigs now I have to tell you, and you think I'm even more insane. The incentive was I really like flake coconut flaked coconut, okay, And I know you're like what. And the incentive was that I could then if I left the house and got my blood test, then I could go to the sauce and buy my favorite flake.
Speaker 3: No, I'm here for that. Oh great, that's great. As long as there's something like a little golden nugget at the end, and.
Speaker 2: I got it and it was amazing. I highly recommend, by the way, crispy and delicious. Okay, second, last night was like an impromptu Christmas dinner. I know. So as I told you earlier, I've been cooking all weekend and I made flafful from scratch, which, as you know, is a production number. You've got to soak the father beans up. Made for Laffel. And then I thought, I'll invite because my mum would never ever go to that hassle, so that means that she would never eat for Laffel. So I texted her and I said, what do you come over for diner to night? I've got homemade for laffle It's going to be amazing. So she was like great. She came over, and then my sister came over, her husband came over, my nephew came over, and we were all around the table eating flaful and I'd made anoffee pie and carrot cake.
Speaker 3: Wow, are you really went into chef'swan mode?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Leo said to me, this feels like Christmas. I said, I know. It was just magical.
Speaker 3: At the end of the night, you're like, guys, that was Christmas. Christmas off. Yeah, mom is having a brain.
Speaker 2: It's like one of those surprise weddings you just invite people over. Yeah, hey, by the way, this is Christmas?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 2: But the last one? Now you know that I don't care what anyone's opinion is. Yes, but sometimes when you get it and it's lovely, it absolutely makes you day. You might remember last week I told you that I'm particularly busy because the girl that I rely on to take the kids to school if I've got appointments or whatever, had quit. And that was a whole month of it. And it's been really really difficult, to be honest, trying to juggle it. Of course, I have found the most amazing woman. It's a Nanny McFee situation. Have you seen that.
Speaker 3: Film Nanny McFee. I saw Nanny McFee in the cinema with my sister.
Speaker 5: I remember it to this day.
Speaker 2: You should watch it this weekend or something. It is still so magical is when you find this is the first experience I've ever had with a Nanny McFee.
Speaker 3: Did you find her on air Taska, Like I said, No.
Speaker 2: I didn't, but I found her on a similar site. Well, it was sort of magic. I don't even know what this site is really, and I just googled how do I find a nanny? And then I ended up here and I'd never heard it, and then now I can't get back. It was just like amazing anyway, Like she's kind and interesting, and she's got the same She's a parent herself of older kids, so she gets it. Honestly, I'm just so happy. Anyway. She started on Friday morning, okay, and I hadn't spoken to her anyway. She's alone with the kids. It was happening blah blah blah. Because I like to do that. I like to go, let's let's start as we mean to finish. Yeah, this is it, and this is the feedback I got. Imagine how this feels when you have these children that are the loves of your life.
Speaker 3: Was this a text message or a call?
Speaker 2: Text message? I said, how did you go? She goes, I feel like I know them already. They are individually gorgeous and such nice company. I'm so thrilled, so warm, and so kind. They are outstanding in many ways.
Speaker 3: Oh that's beautiful, swine.
Speaker 2: Can I just read it? Oh God, they're not That's who they are, you know, that's who they are with me, but that's who they are when I'm not there.
Speaker 3: Oh, how nice?
Speaker 2: This one beautiful thing?
Speaker 3: I love it? Did you say get back to me in four weeks?
Speaker 5: Woman?
Speaker 3: I think it?
Speaker 2: Give us your beers you're locked in.
Speaker 3: How gorgeous. That's a nice weekend.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: Speaking of nice things. We have a brand new competition, next one he called Chrissy's Christmas Moments. There's a one thousand dollars Westfield voucher in it for you register via the Know the player up.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Can you remind me? When did we find out that a thing that kids are doing these days is sending? Oh, power points points? We were talking about PowerPoint presentations last week and this happens in the zeitgeist?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: I didn't know anything about kids giving their parents PowerPoint presentations for specifically the gift ideas for Christmas?
Speaker 5: Right? OK?
Speaker 2: So that must have come up on Wednesday or Thursday? And would you believe it? Would you believe it? I received an email from.
Speaker 3: My daughter obsessed already.
Speaker 2: Canva does it? You know the app Canvas?
Speaker 3: I love the pegs on canvas because it's a little more advanced than PowerPoint.
Speaker 2: I think it's extraordinary what these kids can do. I mean, look, pick up their dirty undies from their floor. No, put together a shopping list on canvas. Yes, anyway, I've just it's been sitting in my inbox this whole time, and I've just opened it. So it says it's got a little it says Christmas wish list. It's like a little par Avian air mail envelope with a Christmas tree on it. And it turns out it says it's for Mumma Caggy, which is what she calls me in honor of her rabbit Chicago from Peg and Kit. So it's a double whammy, which is very handy. First on the list is plushies. Now I don't know what that is. They're like soft toys.
Speaker 3: Has she included images of the plushies?
Speaker 2: Of course she has. Actually I thought there might have been clickable links. There isn't, but she has included You're gonna love this the search term I require to find it. So it's got a picture of like a sandwich plushy, and then it says search colon sandwich jelly cat good.
Speaker 3: On her for making this easy for you, though.
Speaker 2: I know she knows me, My God. Next is clothing accessories. That's the category, and there is an elite eleven hoodie never heard of it. A pair of jean shorts, a pair of Flare jeans, well I know that, yes, peg and some blue gray shorts and a dovet cover.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can make that happen. I can help you, Santa Swan.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. She it's got a price and a full description. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Christmas, it's time to do this.
Speaker 10: Infestive music movies, what feels like Christmas? Discover more reasons to love this season at Westfield is a local center today, Chris Christmas.
Speaker 2: There's one thousand dollars to give away here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of Westfield gift cards.
Speaker 2: And I tell you what I I was just talking about a Christmas list. I stopped on three. I've scrolled through this fourteen category, so I may need this Westfield shopping out.
Speaker 1: Hello Rob, how are you?
Speaker 6: Hello? Christy? Thanks? Oh god, God, I'd love.
Speaker 2: That, wouldn't Can it be a dream to just park the car. Get there early. That's my top tip. Get there early and put the day aside. Stop for a coffee.
Speaker 3: Ye you know, really enjoy the food court.
Speaker 4: Now, Rob, all you've got to do here is tell us what your favorite Christmas tradition is, whether it's conventional or a little quirky. We want to hear it, and then you may just be awarded with one thousand dollars worth of Westfield gift cards.
Speaker 6: Okay, well it might be a little bit quirky. But we play a game called hide pickle. I'm sorry, what hide the pickle?
Speaker 5: To keep.
Speaker 2: Robert? There's children listening.
Speaker 6: I know what you're thinking, and yeah, normally it is okay, but no, it's not that. It isn't that. What we do is we put a pickle or a gurkin on string, hide it in the green Christmas tree, green Christmas tree, right on Christmas Day, and the first person that finds it gets either a little president if they're young, or has good luck if they're older. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: That is a brilliant game.
Speaker 3: I mean you pickle, Rob.
Speaker 2: He had does a pickle? And guess what, Rob, you can get a golden crusted pickle because you've just won a thousand dollars worth of Westfield gift cards.
Speaker 3: Yes, congratulations Rob.
Speaker 4: If you'd like to play and share your tradition with us, register via the Nova player up and we could be calling you back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Now, Jack, please come to my office.
Speaker 4: Yes, Swannie, we have some homework to give out to our beautiful listeners, or rather a nine now streaming task. If you want to win a thousand dollars cash, this is your chance. Our final nine now streaming task is The one hundred is a science fiction drama which follows a group of survivors who return to Earth ninety seven years after a nuclear apocalypse.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. Thank you for saying nuclear and not nu killer. That's what we'll say.
Speaker 4: In the final moments of season four, episode ten. What does the character Indra say before the episode finishes. Head to nine now and find the answer, then heads straight to the Nova player up and register the answer for your chance to win. We will be calling someone tomorrow with one thousand dollars cash. Nine How is your world of free entertainment with your favorite shows, exclusive series, live new sport and more stream free now.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's cliche.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not supposed to give away any clues to what the word is, but I'm going to tell you what it isn't The word is not APTEC.
Speaker 3: Don't.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the block show we now that we're talking about at nine and nine now the blocks are the Channel nine's juggernaut. The block finished last night.
Speaker 4: The auction episode is some of the best TV we have in Australia and.
Speaker 2: I reckon, I mean I haven't looked at the stats, but I reckon it is usually the highest rating show of the year across the board because even if you haven't watched a frame of it fun.
Speaker 3: And it had come close to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because everyone loves an after. You know, this is before and after, it's the after the results.
Speaker 3: And how exciting is an auction in real life?
Speaker 2: Even exactly The winners are the sisters, Charlotte and Maddie, and they walked away. I mean they were late to the show because you might not remember this, but early on the original cast there was a couple there that just disappeared and then the sisters came in and they took it out. In the end, they made one point six five million dollars.
Speaker 3: It was exciting TV. Swanny.
Speaker 2: That is so much money.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's just because they went last in the auction order or is it because of their house?
Speaker 2: I never understand that. I feel I just can't get my head around how the position makes a difference. But you know, apparently it does. But have a listened to how it unfolded.
Speaker 12: Come on, behalf of Naddie Charlotte, good luck your opportunity here and now you'nit one, I'll forgrab here and now what are we get underway?
Speaker 3: Tura where happy two.
Speaker 12: And a half million dollars of communities are two and a half three.
Speaker 3: Three point five million?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 5: What? You just won the block? Oh?
Speaker 3: I god, the communist I know what to show Bronze keeping Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Some of them welcome to the block. That is so much money. And it really blew Scott Cant's mind. That pause was real and obviously people in the control room, the producers were going.
Speaker 3: They just won. That just won.
Speaker 2: Tell them that won. And he's like what because it jumped so much from you know yeah, yeah, And that.
Speaker 4: Was mister Lambo who came in with that crazy amount of money.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this guy, Adrian Portelli. Turns out that he bought every single house that was for sale last night. You didn't see him by all of them because he had secret squirrel business going on.
Speaker 3: We got the Royal blush Mate, we bought the whole lot. We didn't see bidding.
Speaker 5: In all the options.
Speaker 3: Had I had a agent with me three point five million.
Speaker 4: That massive bit at the end, was that sending a message? That was a message sent that that was my last appearance on the block, and I thought I'd go out with a.
Speaker 2: Bank vallet to the executive producers sanity. Now that Adrian Portelli is not going to buy anymore, you're legit would were going to miss him.
Speaker 3: Who's going to buy the houses in Dulls for next year? Not us?
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, we are still here. We were just having a chat off air about the Grammy nominees. Yes, Beyonce absolutely snubbed by the Country Music Awards, but not so by the Grammys.
Speaker 3: Eleven nominations she received cleaning.
Speaker 2: Best Country Album.
Speaker 4: Look, I Beyonce's incredible, but I don't know if this piece of work is worth eleven nominations.
Speaker 2: Can you scroll up because I was just looking at the best record on down Sorry.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Record of the Year, Record of the Year.
Speaker 2: How would you choose between these we've got I mean now and then the Beatles. That's not a squint, Texas hold them. That won't win Espresso. The rest of them are heard.
Speaker 4: Espresso by Sabrina Carpenter should win. Three sixty by Charlie xx I love, don't think.
Speaker 2: Will no, they should have done Apple Apple.
Speaker 3: Birds of a Feather by Billy Though. That should win for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you love Kendrick Lamar not like us is coming up. Good luck Babe, Chapel Moan chapel Monde. That is an unbelievable song. And then my queen and savior Fortnite, Taylor Swift. She'll have to win just because of the eras to a surely.
Speaker 4: But then Espresso, like I've not heard a song on the radio for that long, like in years, n stay on the radio like we've been playing that for so long.
Speaker 3: It's such a hit.
Speaker 2: Okay, gun to your head. You have to choose between Espresso, Birds of a Feather, Good luck Babe, Birds of a Feather, me too, I think are.
Speaker 3: Really over Fortnite Espresso love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Next, we're playing Chrissy's Queasy if you would like that limited edition bum bag jump on the line Happy Monday here at the Crazzy Swan Shows.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love it.
Speaker 2: When she sings, don't you? But she is Sid's She loves to sing as well. But she feels like she was putting this earth to do other things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she feels like God is taking her down another path. Apparently it's all God.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're listening to the Christy Swan Show. On no Let's give away.
Speaker 1: A bum bag, Chrissies quizzy.
Speaker 2: How bum bags have been full to overflowing with goodies for the last few weeks. What's in today's jack?
Speaker 3: Absolutely nothing?
Speaker 2: Sorry Mary? Hi, of all the of all the afternoons to get through and there's nothing but cobwebs in them.
Speaker 8: Talking to you is enough, Chrissy Mary.
Speaker 2: I can see that you're from Ballarat. How is it there?
Speaker 5: God? I love it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's very quiet and family oriented.
Speaker 8: I moved from Melbourne ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Have you had a coffee and a cronut from that amazing place? I think it's called Espresso or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh definitely, guys.
Speaker 2: We're not going to get away, oh God, and sorry, we're actually on air, Mary, I'm not sitting at your tame nationally. Hello, Ella, how are you, darling?
Speaker 7: I'm good?
Speaker 9: How are you look?
Speaker 2: I feel very bad that there's nothing in the bum bag? Could we put something in? I have a look on the big prizes because I can't find mine.
Speaker 4: Okay, how about today we whack in a neutrable It flipped from Neutrable, the number one personal blender brand in the world.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, please, all right, then let's go, ladies, your names, your buzzers. It is the best of five, which you know means that the first person to get three answers correct wins the game, the bum bag and the neutrabiller flip. Let's get cracking.
Speaker 3: Question number one.
Speaker 2: Who won the block last night?
Speaker 3: Mary?
Speaker 2: Ella?
Speaker 3: Yes, Mary, Maddie and Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're a big fan.
Speaker 8: Not really, but I did take notice of it because of the Lambo guy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, mister Lambo to show off. Question number two, Mary, do you know.
Speaker 2: My friend Victoria Ways she lives in Sorry, that's right?
Speaker 3: Question answer?
Speaker 2: What does it's a small town? You know what it's like? What does the FN key stand for on computers? And yes, Ella function? Yes you could have put a gun to my head and I wouldn't know the answer. Really, I would have thought that sounded for that stood for F and nothing.
Speaker 3: That's the one I do you know. I just would think.
Speaker 2: That's how you and I talk, You know, not much n M and question number three. Thirteen years ago today, Ed Sheeran released this song what's it called?
Speaker 3: I love this? When you get thirteen years old?
Speaker 2: These things happened?
Speaker 1: I love you better now?
Speaker 2: Oh I love this. I'm going to have a lot add it to my list?
Speaker 3: Mary or Ela? Do you know the name of it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, ide no, but do you know the name? Do you know the song?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: You can sing a lot? Yeah, that's because he dary. Yes.
Speaker 3: Are you going to say out of touch? No, it's not.
Speaker 2: But that is the annoying thing that some artists do is that they call a song a name that doesn't appear anywhere prominently within. That annoys me.
Speaker 3: I know that is irritating.
Speaker 2: That's going to be my sweetfit statement. You can get a list together.
Speaker 3: It's called Lego house. Ladies. Question number four, you're both on a point. Each should have.
Speaker 2: Called it amount of touch? Question number four. The nominees for the twenty twenty five. Is we're announced on Saturday? Which artist received eleven nomination? Yes? Mary, Yes, it's two for Mary, I believe it is.
Speaker 3: Question number five, This is for the win.
Speaker 2: Mary, can you name the boy band starting with B that has Ronan keating up front? Mary? No, No, I wouldn't have known this either. I'm gonna. I'm gonna say it. You're gonna go of course it's boys on.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's boys. You can't say it.
Speaker 3: After question six. This is still for the win, Mary, A.
Speaker 2: Dison air wrap is used on what Mary? Ella? Yeah?
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 3: Question number seven, this is for the win for either of you Mary and Ella.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna the song. I'm going to say the name of a song, and you've got to say what musical it's from me?
Speaker 3: Your name is still your buzzer.
Speaker 2: Okay. The song is defying gravity, Ella, Ella wicked. Yes, Mary, you had that snatched from your cold dead hands.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Mary. Ella.
Speaker 4: You have won a limited edition Christy Swan show bumbag and the Neutrable.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to give you a neutrible at flip too, Mary, because I like the cut of your jib.
Speaker 3: I'm thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Do you know who would love a neutrabule Jamie Oliver and he joins us next.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show and he's ready for us.
Speaker 2: Hello, Jamie Olivero. Hello, okay, oh my goodness. I've been in his biz for twenty one years, Jamie Oliver and I don't think I've ever spoken to you. It's a great honor.
Speaker 5: Ah, thanks well, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Well, we're so thrilled to welcome me onto the Christy Swan Show to talk about simply, Jamie, the latest book which I have seen on the shelves at kmart. And look, there may or may not have been three copies in my basket, because there is no greater gift for a time poor cook.
Speaker 11: That's the whole intention. Get people cooking that say they haven't got time, give them the skills, simple principles, and hopefully when you opened it you saw I've kind of broken it down to be sort of simpler than ever.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did. It is like you have designed it for my specific lady madness brain. I like the words speedy in the description. I like a stew that takes twenty minutes from go to woe and let's talk about trey bakes. Please.
Speaker 11: Tray bakes are about best friends. And it's like, if you get a bunch of best friends in a room, you're gonna have a good time. Right, So you just get a bunch of ingredients that work, but they also flavor each other, and then you know, I guess the idea of like the modern day.
Speaker 5: Fan now is different to how it was.
Speaker 11: Right, So, you know, you get home from work, I don't know, seven o'clock, Like you put a bunch of friends together in a tray, whack it in the oven. It only takes five minutes to put together, and then let it have twenty thirty, forty minutes whatever it is to do its thing while you kind of freshen up, you know, do whatever you got to do, and then fill the house up with beautiful smells and have a delicious meal.
Speaker 2: You don't even you don't even realize how you change lives. The fact that you've just introduced the idea of ingredients being best friends. My mind just exploded, and I'm like, oh my god, of course I can sit in front of stand in front of my fridge and go, okay, so I've got some chicken or you're good friends with mushrooms. You get along the right and then you can just throw everything together that are friends. That's genius, Jacob.
Speaker 11: Really, And in my game, like what, I'm just trying to sort of give you the code and the clues and the combos. So before I even wrote a recipe in this book, I do something quite boring, and I go through basket data of what the average Aussie will.
Speaker 5: Be buying generally.
Speaker 11: So the only thing that never lies is basket data, right, because it's it's one hundred percent true. So I know that the protein of choice is chicken breast or a salmon.
Speaker 5: Fill it right.
Speaker 11: So if you flick through that first chapter, I've only broken it down into five chapters. Like you're going to see people are bored of salmon. So I'll make you're not bored of it, you know. I'll give you loads of combos, a little wrap, a little kind of a cut and of stuff.
Speaker 5: You know, chicken breast boring again? Dry, Okay, let me show you how to make it.
Speaker 11: We've got like no cook pasta sauces so eleven minutes boiling water and in that time you use some really accessible ingredients to make a no cook pasta sauce. I'm trying to write recipes from the ingredients that I know.
Speaker 5: You've got already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have.
Speaker 11: I don't even want you to go shopping. I want you to just go ah, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Oh fantastic. You have been a part of our families across the country for many decades, and it's a great honor because everybody's got their favorite Jamie Oliver recipe. When we were talking about you this morning, your ears must have been burning, Jamie. But Jack was talking about one of his most vivid memories and it involves you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm twenty seven, Jamie, and we were very much a Jamie ol of a household, Like the only cookbooks on our kitchen bench were yours. And there was a particular dish I reckon Mum made fortnightly, if not weekly. I remember it had guinness in it, and it was like a stew of sorts, or like a dark stew.
Speaker 5: Do you yeah? I think I think that? Did I name it Andy the gas man stew? Yeah? Maybe it's like it was like my mate who was a gas man. Funny enough, it was a.
Speaker 11: Simple boy, no, but he loved a good stew and then from that stew, you can turn it into either a pasta sauce. You can have it over mashed potato, and you can turn it into a pie. But yeah, I think the idea of having some beer or some you know, guinness or porter with lovely caramelized veggies and cheap cuts of meat and just letting time make it delicious. I mean, yeah, hopefully you enjoyed it, but it's food's very nostalgic, you know, people get into the room. I mean they always say that people only ever cook four things from a cookbook. Hopefully my average is a bit better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I call it the splatter test. And trust me, the splatter test on the pages of your books is there's a lot more than four pages that are sticking together.
Speaker 4: I love that when you come to Australia, what do you what food do you get most excited to eat or use? When cookie or even what restaurant do you get most excited to visit?
Speaker 5: Oh that's a really good question.
Speaker 11: I mean I think like certainly over here, all the fish that you get is very different. You know that the Southern hemisphere fish is very different to the northern So that's always you know, we don't have Barra Mundy and things like that, so that's kind of cool. Amazing stone fruit here, like just the waves of immigration that makes the patchwork quilt of what is Australia.
Speaker 5: I love that spirit and I love I don't know.
Speaker 11: I think there's like this blend of authenticity, but yet Australia chef. Australian chefs are still exploring, you know. So I mean some people might call it fusion cooking, but chefs they get offended by that, but I don't think they need to. I think, like I went to a restaurant yesterday, a place called Clambar, and it was really good lunch, amazing service, like really confident, simple cooking. And I said to the way, like, what do you think this restaurant is? He goes, it's an American steakhouse. I say that it's not.
Speaker 5: It's this is like.
Speaker 11: Upscale Ozzie bistro like and I know it's just like words and it sounds like it ain't a steakhouse.
Speaker 5: And I just love.
Speaker 11: I know that there's something about the Aussie vibe that's casual but serious. The service is great, like obviously the wine's really good. You got some amazing ingredients.
Speaker 5: Out here, So yeah, I just love it. I think it's fun.
Speaker 11: I mean, if you go to Melbourne, there's lots of smaller restaurants and you really get a sense of the kind of community that lives there.
Speaker 5: So I find that really cool.
Speaker 2: Well, we find you really cool, Jamie, and we've been out madly trying to get across some interesting facts about you. And will you stick around. We're going to play around of a brand new game that we have created just for you. It's called Lies, Google has told me.
Speaker 3: With Je Okay.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for sticking around, Jamie.
Speaker 5: You're welcome now to be This is.
Speaker 2: A brand new segment called lies, Google has told me.
Speaker 3: Lies.
Speaker 2: Google has told me these are all things that I have found about you, and I am guessing most of them are untrue. But let's see, Jamie Oliver, do you hate passnips?
Speaker 5: No? I quite like past nips, Google.
Speaker 2: Sys Google says you really.
Speaker 11: I grow pass nips for the love of God. I wouldn't grow them if I hated him?
Speaker 2: So great? Is this true? Jamie Oliver cannot draw for the life of him.
Speaker 11: I think being a to draw is possibly subjective, like I mean most of my childhood was spent during phallic you know, phallic thing, and I'm very good at that.
Speaker 5: Male and female.
Speaker 11: But no, I mean I spent a lot of my life drawing and then I show it to an illustrator or an artist and say something like that. Okay, I don't know how to answer that.
Speaker 2: Jamie Oliver loves playing the drums. True, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 5: We got one drum.
Speaker 2: Jamie Oliver has a d I y tattoo.
Speaker 5: No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: Oh I love the detail on this one.
Speaker 11: You are on my On my thirtieth birthday, I think, or maybe it was my fo No. On my fortieth birthday, I was on a radio show and they said, like, you're going to have any midlife crisis, and I said, I'll probably get a tattoo. And then somehow we ended up doing like a national competition to work out what to have tattooed on me, and the winner of the tattoo was to have Aldente tattooed on my penis. Thank you very much for that. I didn't get it done. I mean it was a good idea. I get it's quite creative. But now I am currently tattooless.
Speaker 2: I mean I am wincing at the idea of the Italian phrase for to the tooth or to the teeth.
Speaker 5: On your.
Speaker 11: There's gonna be a load of Australian Italians going, that's a really good idea.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Next one, you love karaoke, and if you had your way, you would have a karaoke machine in every room of your house.
Speaker 11: No, that's my wife. I hate karaoke. It's disgusting and it ruins nights.
Speaker 2: You love marmite?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you like vegimite? Do you love vega?
Speaker 5: Of course I do.
Speaker 2: And you constantly set off your home fire alarm and you owe your local fire brigade a heap of cash.
Speaker 11: I probably will send them a box of wine this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I have a very good fire system in my house, which is quite old, and they have been called out one too many times, sometimes because of fireplaces that have kind of you know, set themselves on fire like rockets, and sometimes because I've burnt wait for it toaste.
Speaker 5: Imagine I literally I.
Speaker 11: It went off, and once it's gone off, you're pressing all the buttons to get it off. But then it goes through and then I form andutes like, whoo, that's Jamie Oliver.
Speaker 5: What happened? I'm like, I burnt toast? And then no, I'm so sorry I've wasted your time. But yeah, embarrassing, Sorry about.
Speaker 2: That, Jamie. That concludes our round of lies at Google has told me thank you so much for your time today. Everybody going out you get Jamie's book. It is a cracker. I am staring right now at a recipe for baked bolonaise pancakes. I mean bolonnaise and pancakes. N but more on you wait, you got a child.
Speaker 5: On Yucky one.
Speaker 4: And Jamie, we've got to quickly mention your new show on Channel ten this Friday night, seven point thirty.
Speaker 3: It's called Jamie Fast and Simple.
Speaker 5: Yes, that accompanies the book.
Speaker 11: And this is my attempt to grab you lovely Ossies and not just you know, show you, but like, you know, get you inspired about really simple cooking.
Speaker 5: I want Ozzie's to go.
Speaker 2: I can do this, Thanks again, Jack, Jamie.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, Loves of Love, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Chrissy Swan show First, Chrissies Clickfait Mattel have released The Wicked, So the Wicked movie is coming.
Speaker 3: Out see next Thursday. Swani hit cinemas next Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's got Ariana Grande and everyone's dying to see it. If you love it, you can get a doll. And I'm looking at the one that is Ariana Grande's Cary looks exactly like Ariana Grande.
Speaker 3: They've nailed that jaw.
Speaker 2: How how do they do it? And the eyes, those dreamy little Bambi eyes.
Speaker 3: She really looks like a Disney princess in real life.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get to a scandalous element on the box, but I've just been reminded. I love a doll of somebody that you know, like I love to really look at the faces and think, how did they do that? I've had a doll made of me before there was a promotion or a fancy machine or something actually through Australia Post. Would you believe what? And you would? I know? Maybe I dreamed it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, But how have you never showed me this? I want to see at irl.
Speaker 2: I think we were working together when I did it. Anyway, you went in and then you've got a body scan and then they made you this doll. Anyway, it was at my house. I was wearing a blue and white dress when I you know, was when it happened anyway, So it was me this little doll. My friend's brother was there from the UK or whatever, and he saw the doll and he picked it up and laughed. I didn't realize that it was of me, and he goes, oh, she's a sturdy lass. She's a sturdy lass. And my friend looked at him and looked at me and was like, ha ha.
Speaker 3: Ha, what did you say.
Speaker 2: I just pretended I couldn't hear it because I thought how embarrassing for him. You're right, she is a sturdy lass. But imagine if I had said, oh, that's me and then he ah, and.
Speaker 3: Just watched the ground hopefully open up.
Speaker 2: I know, thank god though, that I didn't have a website on the box, because the website written on this matel box of the around a Grande Wicked Doll is w DW dot Wicked dot com. And if a kiddie puts that into their computer, they will be taken to a very.
Speaker 1: Place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sort of place that requires an age authorization in order to get in. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Now, parents are apparently losing their mind over this swey isn't that big of a deal, like Mattel apologized, Like there's a little restriction, like you said, you have to take it a you're eighteen and over.
Speaker 3: Is this just outrage for the sake of outraging.
Speaker 2: I want to say it is, but I would not care less. I'd go, Okay, well, like you saw some well you can't even it's a black it's a black page.
Speaker 4: Also, who's reading the back of those boxes? What kids going to a website?
Speaker 2: I used to read every single word of every single box I ever received, absolutely serial box everything you did it? Yes, I did. You're like some people are like that. Yeah, I would have read it if I if I really wanted this toy and I got it, I would have read every single thing that yeah wow, okay. But also you can find these websites.
Speaker 3: Anywhere, and sorry, parents of kids already have.
Speaker 2: And also one percent of kids have this box with from weget one hundred percent of people have got Google. All. Right, before we go, we need to talk about Sabrina Carpenter sap Gap. She was performing and there was a mosh pit and somebody weed in it. Somebody did a warm wee. Yeah, please please don't die. On me what rhymes with please wheeze peeze, weeez weeez. I mean, this is why I would never go into a mosh pit, because you've got it. You've got to think. These people who have been queuing to get in, they don't want to miss a second, that's the thing. They don't want to miss a second of the performance. And some people are animals, absolute animals. Other concert goers felt.
Speaker 4: Norm we that would do me in, Like I would just want to drop dead on the floor there and then.
Speaker 2: I would pay. I would pay the entire value of the block to see you in a be.
Speaker 3: With someone we.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 2: For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com. Do you