Speaker 1: What a magical week. Magical, magical magic magic. It is the birthday week of none other than Patricia and Matthew. Last it was it last week. It was my birthday. Now the supplementaries. Congratulations, How are you dud fifty five?
Speaker 2: Trish?
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 2: Don't be so brue fifty six?
Speaker 3: Don't be so brute.
Speaker 2: To pelvic floor? Have you times you giggles there? It's just you's trying to sneeze. Is it sneeze?
Speaker 3: Does it really cough sneeze?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: But that's is that just age? Is it like menstruation?
Speaker 3: No, don't cool urine.
Speaker 4: You see oftentimes people who the city surf ladies the surf it affects the pelvic floor someentimes urine. Anyway, let's let's not go there. But anyway, it's a common occurrence.
Speaker 3: And poor Luigi he was sexed yesterday.
Speaker 4: He was twenty seventh, My birthday twenty eighth, Louis sex twenty ninth, Trisha's birthday.
Speaker 1: Three painful pull the You've been doing that a lot, like you put the mic like under your chin?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, why do you do that? I just do it?
Speaker 3: Sorry, he's a bit more professional than you.
Speaker 1: Brother, but that's not where you put it.
Speaker 3: Well, according to the way you were taught, how are we by now defunct? Show on my Dad?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I agree with Trisha's logic.
Speaker 4: Could I just say something straight about here? My god, it's hard to get good service. I took Trish today. It's not talking about the which restaurant is. I took Trish today. All she ever wants is Oyster's Morning.
Speaker 3: I've still been waiting for them from Mother's.
Speaker 4: Day and I took it a place. We found a place in Oyster's Morney. I must say the service was horrendous. It was so bad, right.
Speaker 2: The person coming up and Trisha and I was sort of in a little bit of rush.
Speaker 3: Well that's just people ringing your birthday.
Speaker 1: Turn your ringer off?
Speaker 2: And how old are you anyway?
Speaker 1: So what fifty six you are?
Speaker 4: So the person was coming up, and honestly, the lady came up that's three times, said you just want any drinks? Where You're like, no, no, no, we just want the menus the menus final again. Then we went disappeared again, came back. Trish goes, can can we order when you're ready? She goes, oh, I'm ready. So we order comes back anyway, This goes on honestly constant disaster. When I said the trash were n't have to pay, which would be the most straightforward part, stuffed up there and wait and wait for this, wait for this.
Speaker 2: People. Doesn't this say a lot these days about about service industry. Wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: There's the payment and then she pointed, how much tip do you want to give me? I just went straight onto no tip. I get so sorry.
Speaker 1: I get so awkward when a lot of places now and it's like you have to actually hit you know, five percent, like it's just and they're staring at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't tip it because like it's Australia, but it's an awkward thing you have to do. It's not if.
Speaker 3: It's actually good service. I am so happy to tip.
Speaker 1: Do you tip in a Stralia? Yeah, you do.
Speaker 3: Avoid but you must also always check your bill, the bill that they give you, because sometimes they'll automatically put it on automatically last year a tip on top of that, which is incredibly rude, and be careful on a public holiday or a Sunday, they'll automatically Yeah. And then on the grounds of that, I don't tip.
Speaker 2: But the service today was so bad.
Speaker 4: But I'm serious, like when a person gets employed to do a job like honestly too. They were so disinterested, just a little thing when she talked, like poor Tricia's water she spilt someone on the table and there was no life.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean, there was no.
Speaker 4: There was just no and anything she did and then at the end to go and pay, and that's stuffed up. And the audacity, how much for it going?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you in fairy land? Are you in the land of unicorns?
Speaker 1: I have never seen you so passionate about service, And I know I get you just turned fifty five, so maybe it's an age thing, but I feel like all you ever complained about now is like service or problems with technology or people because winch people.
Speaker 3: On that note, what did I get for your birthday, Matthew? And and how did I almost ruin your birthday?
Speaker 2: Well? Look, I like people.
Speaker 4: I like to keep my life very very simple, and trusport me one of those whoop things. I a whoop anyway, It's just there's so much information coming at you.
Speaker 2: It's just overwhelming.
Speaker 3: And it's not because you actually have to go to your phone to look at it. It's nothing happening.
Speaker 2: It's overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, here's the I'll whack up Dad here, just with this one thing.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: You know, Dad for a long time better than us all and over the years you've bought him presents. Did you really think buying him a present that required him to use technology was smart?
Speaker 5: Like you?
Speaker 3: I said, it all up for him, all he's got to do and hang on. That was a few days ago, Matthew. Are you enjoying it now?
Speaker 4: I'm despising it. Are you not despising it?
Speaker 3: It's just he's like I did sixteen thousand. Yes, Because he said that was being without my dreaming. I went, well, that doesn't surprise.
Speaker 1: So now he's just sitting on his phone, scrolling on TikTok and just see how many steps you have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, little bit. Sleep quality is very interesting. Sleep quality first night atrocious.
Speaker 2: First night I had a drink. Times you have a few beers and you you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: Wake up, Jesus slept Well, that's birthday night. I looked at woop and and sleep was thirty eight percent. Yeah, last night, no beers went to bed, didn't sleep probably as long. We've got eighty six percent no way.
Speaker 1: Wow, And it's taken it's taken you fifty five years to realize that maybe clean living is the word.
Speaker 3: We could have told him for a long long time, but until a whoop, sick game along.
Speaker 1: And freaking whoop. I don't know why you keep saying whoop.
Speaker 3: Just to you.
Speaker 2: By the way, how was your How was your trip to towns Fall with Uncle Joey?
Speaker 1: Yeah it was good. It was good. We got a p j U I know, your little ship.
Speaker 5: Everyone's been saying, what's going on private chat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got one of that. We got I know. You know, it's funny because I told Dad, I said, we're getting a p J up. And then because initially before I said, before I got Uncle Joey to come up, I offered it to Dad and he said, I'm too busy that time of the year and he has radio on that well in the morning when we were doing the lunch in Townsville. And then but then when when he heard there was a pj involved on the as the day before, Dad goes.
Speaker 5: Oh Jesus, I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to work out a way that maybe I might be able to come up with you big ah, that's all those seats are fall on that PJ. Now it wasn't was it. It was it was an extra seat, but Joey laid down. Joey he was so there was a full seat of plays.
Speaker 5: Not Townsville and that's Womb.
Speaker 1: It was to Womb Airport, any any Queensland. So there was a it was a four seater plane, right, and the Mitch who Mitch Doyle, who was running the lunch and he came down on the day before, so he had one of the seats, Mitch Quinn who was obviously he was flying the plane, and then I was in one, and then there were two there and Joey said, oh, can I have that one? Because I want to be horizontal. So he was like the whole time, three hours up to Townsville. He put his extended his legs out and just slept completely horizontal, slept the whole way, just slept the whole way.
Speaker 2: Like a light.
Speaker 3: Because he did leave early, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Five thirty am? And he hadn't, so he had he had he had Thursday night footy. It was doing the Penrith Parramatta game. So he was there till eleven in the sheds. But the night before that he had a big night.
Speaker 2: So I've seen a photo. Yeah, Joey's standards, so I think it was pretty big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he had a big night. And if he was like he ranged me the next day. He rang me the next day and he was like, we're still going, We're still going to Townsville Record and I go, yeah, yeah, it's been booked in for like five months. And he goes, what time's a flight five point thirty? Oh I got and he just I was like, I don't know what kind of Joey I'm about to get at this lunch, And because you just as you know, there's a really good charismatic side. Oh yeah, and then there's if he doesn't want to be somewhere. He filled that ship. To be fair, he was on fire up there was he.
Speaker 2: Ask you sorry, Jack?
Speaker 5: No, I was just like, I gress you got dinner with him after the Manly Game the other night, and he was just telling me stories about Cooper's time up there. But he did something weird though, because we went to after the Shark's Manly Game. Sharks obviously pumped Manly and Brendan Cowe came along. He was like a pig and ship after Manley got sumped by the shark.
Speaker 1: He's a big sharky.
Speaker 5: But Joey ordered, we had Chinese. Joey ordered fried rice and as it came out, it came on the table.
Speaker 1: Joey grabbed the fried rice.
Speaker 5: And sprinkle it in front of him. Apparently it's good luck if you dirty the table up before you start eating.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, and then and then the lady he told that, because mate, it's a real thing in China. Then the lady who came so the rest of the food went, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 1: Chinese isn't for dads. For Dad's birthday, we went to mister Wong's Chinese restaurant and didn't they say that the messy of the table, it's like really respectful because it shows that you loved your meal. That's what the way to said when you cleaned up a table.
Speaker 3: Did he really the French?
Speaker 1: Oh, we've got to share the story.
Speaker 2: It wasn't on the rundown. We have to share this story.
Speaker 1: So okay, let me let me paint a picture for our listeners here, Tricia, And if I get anything wrong in this details, save it for the end, Please.
Speaker 4: Start defend yourself in advance.
Speaker 3: Matt's most favorite thing in the world is pronto's. Yeah, and prontos at this particular restaurant, I'm correct.
Speaker 1: So we're at this plate and it was his birthday, correct, Trisha, please wait until the end, please go on. So we're getting we're asking for Mum's doing the ordering, which was a disaster in itself. But we say to Tricia, she goes, I'm going to order the entros toev right. Anyway, as some busy restaurants do, if you're going to order something, they have to check like it sort of comes as a it's more the chef's request, whatever the chef's cooking, or based on what other people have ordered. You can't if you want prawntos, you can't just get five or six prontos. They'll give it with a variety of other things, because based on supply and demand.
Speaker 2: Yes, so Patricia.
Speaker 1: So Patricia asked.
Speaker 3: Never heard of it?
Speaker 1: Can I please get you know, these dumplings and the prontos, And all the way to said was I'm just gonna have to check with the chef that I can get enough for everyone, just because you know, supplying demand and at dinner you can't request, you can't just order a serving of it, like it's based on what the chef's cooking. And we all went, okay, sweet, everyone understood it.
Speaker 3: If you don't understand it, people, let me write.
Speaker 1: Everyone Gemma, Cooper, Poppy.
Speaker 3: But it didn't make sense, Sad.
Speaker 1: Hold on until one woman couldn't understand it. And not only could she not understand it, she couldn't let it go. She was going, I just want five prontos to everyone. It's Matt's birthday. I want five. And he was going, yeah, I understand that. I just have to check with the chef and and then I'll come back and confirm it. But I have to check with him. She goes, I'm not asking for anything out of the ordinary. I just want I just don't I want five pronto We were there for ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got so awkward.
Speaker 5: My hands was sweating.
Speaker 4: If they all got I didn't get sweaty. Jackob finished, I've experienced this so many times. And the guy was like, yes, ma'am, yes, but ma'am, I don't of course what it is.
Speaker 2: He said, you know, it's just supply. I have to go and just check with the chef.
Speaker 5: He couldn't have been any nice.
Speaker 4: It could be nice Tricians doing that puzzled look low.
Speaker 1: That was the worst pit that got me. Right, We're going it's okay, Trishan, It's all right, he's going to check, just keep ordering. And she was looking at us like for almost like for to have her back. Yeah, I'm going, I'm going Tricia's. And she's like holding the menu are and she's looking at us going like yeah, like this like this idiot. Yeah, but we're going.
Speaker 4: You're the I'm actually looking at the guy with puppy dog eyes going I'm so sorry, and he's looking at me going, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: You're married to her.
Speaker 4: It was and at the end it was I remember just going to Trisha was going, well there just whoa, whoa world, let's just and it was.
Speaker 5: Do Trish, now, I'll let you talk here. You were being rude?
Speaker 2: Do you were? Do you?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 5: Will you? Will you? She's very stubborn people.
Speaker 1: Not the first time she's been rude the last fortnight as well.
Speaker 5: Will you admit that you might have not listened properly and maybe not have maybe approached it the best possible.
Speaker 3: Way you finished, that's a question. All he had to say the way he was saying it, because I had ordered the dim sum platter platter. The way he was saying it, he was making it out as though the prontos was a part of that. And I'm like, oh no, no, no, I want like I want to some play, but I want to order prontoast as well. All he had to say was I'm sorry, ma'am mademoiselle, but we don't offer prawn toast for dinner, which is crazy because we've had a number of times.
Speaker 4: I said, yes, is that right Matt with the chef. Yes, but he always has to check with the chef.
Speaker 2: That's what he was saying.
Speaker 4: We all got it, honestly, he won like going go score six to one and six to one his way when he came back. Would you believe people he actually delivered on it. He came back because he wouldn't have been game too. I actually kissed his hands.
Speaker 1: I said, you are I love As he walked away. As we left the thing, he goes, he goes, Jesus, I can't wait for the bad review because I think he must not say that to me. He must have penciled you in one of those ones that send a nasty email and going dear mister Wong.
Speaker 3: No, but in my fence. Then Jem was with us, and she doesn't eat seafood, and a lot of the dim sum had seafood.
Speaker 5: Totally different issue, though totally different.
Speaker 3: But when after he explained the non seafood options to her, she looked at me and went, Okay, I get it.
Speaker 5: No, you're bringing allies and you can't. You can't say the only way for you to understand is by one avenue. People can explain things in many other ways. You can't just expect someone to explain it the way.
Speaker 3: Can I just explain one last thing? You boys often get yourselves into predicaments. It's because you don't like to ask questions or get clarity on things.
Speaker 1: We don't like confortation that.
Speaker 3: It's not confrontation to ask someone something.
Speaker 1: But it was clear for me, Tru, that's like saying, that's like your barber giving you a shit haircut and then telling him that's a sht haircut. Just get on with your day and we'll talk shit about him in the car.
Speaker 2: But I just wanted to Mattie's prawntost and as I said at the time, it's no, Biggie, just let's let's just let's just roll through this. It's fine. But nonetheless it was. It was eventful. I really enjoyed a Poppy was a partner. She was like she was absolutely she was.
Speaker 5: She was so silent the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was. She and we talked. We talked about it on the way home.
Speaker 4: Now our last week. What was really interesting, got a lot of feedback. You're talking about when you go to the movies. Yeah, and you'll pee in your cup. You get a large, a large drink, and throughout the film you were urinating the cup. I remember times being at the movie with the Robbie Williams one and you're moving around the cinema and going what are you doing? And you were actually peeing in a cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's just it's psych You keep watching the movie because.
Speaker 2: You don't want to miss out.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what's coming up.
Speaker 4: Well, i'll get something for you right before that. That and I say, it's a week with people peeing cups. Came out of day views. When he does stand up, he'll go side of stage sometimes and Peana Cup does Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he personation yes, Hi, I'm Dave Hugh.
Speaker 6: Hi everyone, It's hey everyone, Welcome to the Dave Youth Podcast. I just wanted to say, what's the deal with I remember as the kid watching Seinfeld and when Jerry came in and everybody said, Gezy, that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good, actually very good.
Speaker 3: I like what you do with your face and new eyes in your marriage.
Speaker 1: You got to do it.
Speaker 5: Could you possibly say throat? Could you possibly say a word for word? I don't understand. Why can't I have prawntoast.
Speaker 6: I don't understand why can't I have prawntoast?
Speaker 3: See, I get it, Husy.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you something, Cooper, as far as you're urinating into a cup, which I totally understand because you don't know in a movie you haven't seen before, if you're going to walk out and you don't miss something vital, Well, people, there is an app, a new app out called the run It's called the run pe app, right, So what you can do to download it and you just type in what if you're going to go see like The Odyssey, and it'll tell you exact times through the film you can walk out.
Speaker 3: The run Pee app and.
Speaker 2: You're not going to miss anything really violent.
Speaker 1: How did you find this?
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know it was it was it was Dan and Camp Camp.
Speaker 3: He was talking about you know, you know what Matt's like major worrying life is if we ever go to a stage show or a seated concert, you can you put us right on the end. No, I don't want to sit right in the end. I want to sit in the good seat.
Speaker 1: Every time we got the up the Hume Highway up to Newcastle, we it's like straight up, I've got a good video of Dad, just like on the straight on the highway. You just got to get off, got to get off. Now I need to win and it comes quick and it's him so quick.
Speaker 3: You need to use the pea bottle I brought you.
Speaker 2: Well when you get past fifty or something.
Speaker 5: It just.
Speaker 4: When you put the run pe app just download it. And as I said before, if you i'll watch out of the theater, just type in the movie you're going to see. It will tell you at what point to go.
Speaker 2: To the toilet. You're not going to miss anything. However, I'll just run some past you.
Speaker 4: Here've I typed in a couple of movies that most people know to test if it if it actually works. The other movie Whiplash with Miles Teller, Miles and the dude from but Okay, let me run something past you years now. I'm going to ask you to do these two things. He isn't Lauren Ord the Early Ones coops whether you believe this is right or wrong. In Whiplash, it says the moment you go to the toilet is that the moment where Miles Teller's character goes into the school for the first time and goes into the room and the overbearing teacher is teaching the player, teaching the band how to do this song, and suddenly he starts picking on the drummer and he's taking the drummer apart, who's the usual drummer, removes him and put Miles Teller, who replaces you on the drums, and he's wrapping in the same perfect yep. It says that's the time to go to a weed during that scene, because that scene is not important.
Speaker 3: It gives you the weekle.
Speaker 1: It gives it what he thinks is the weaker scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think, Jack.
Speaker 5: I think it. I don't think it's important because you get the gist. They doesn't like that that he's obviously highly strung, but I think it lessens the blow of the of the end Jack.
Speaker 4: I actually believe it is wrong. I think that he is really important to the movie because that guy is playing mind game, playing mind games on that young kid who removes it. Miles Teller comes in, who thinks he's special, and later on the film he'll do the same to him.
Speaker 2: It just shows you the monster he is. I think it's an example.
Speaker 3: Do you think, okay, apply it to football. Have you seen monsters like that on the Coaching film about who play mind games with players?
Speaker 2: So many times, so dangerous with young men.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the app though, the.
Speaker 2: Second one and co Man two. Okay, the legend continues. It's a bit of the.
Speaker 4: P APP says the moment to go and it says you have a lengthy break here to go to the toilet. So it might be a lend itself to the number two is the moment with Steve Carrell's character Brick meets Christine Wiggs character and they're both sort of you know, like they're real weird and they meet and they're touching each other. I must say that is exactly right. Every time I watch that movie, I cannot watch that.
Speaker 3: That's a really stupid It's.
Speaker 2: A really stupid nothing.
Speaker 1: I will say because I'm a big Anchorman boy, like I love Anchorman one, an Command two I watch because I'm so invested in Command one. But that whole storyline throughout it, when Brick and Christian Wiggs character is just it's so not needed. It's very weird.
Speaker 2: It's really it's like stupid, it's immature, stupid. It is so bad.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it got it exactly right with that, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: I just think it's really cringey it is.
Speaker 1: You've hit it on the head. Can I just bring up something not to do with the run p up? Something you just reminded me, because you know Alimento, our local pizza joint.
Speaker 3: After free pizza an't busted.
Speaker 1: He doesn't give it to me for free, but he should because I'm always plugging him. No, he does sometimes, but Dad, you apparently you shouted him out on the weekend. Yeah, after so you talking about Clint Guthison. All he ever does, Mario, all he ever does for people listening, all he ever does is Alimento. When you go and there coops there you goinge?
Speaker 5: How did me?
Speaker 1: He gets started on manly and then he goes and mate, remember when they let go guho?
Speaker 5: He just still.
Speaker 2: And fiftieth and he's still talking about five games.
Speaker 3: In apparently, beautiful man.
Speaker 1: Apparently you said it on your on your Fox show. And and one of the guys in there today when I was down there, said, oh, mate, Mario's got a bone to people, old man.
Speaker 3: About it.
Speaker 1: I'd like to get prank calls. Everyone's ringing. He goes, Mario from Alimento's here you go, how can I help you? And they go, oh, I just wanted to get your opinion on why they let.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Apparently apparently they're still ordering pizzas after it. People are hammering him at.
Speaker 2: The start up front.
Speaker 3: That is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Thank you, run app people.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to go down.
Speaker 1: Try to once a week give people an app to download.
Speaker 2: Absolutely like, oh.
Speaker 3: No way, man, too many apps.
Speaker 2: Now we got tricious quiz.
Speaker 4: You want to have a crack trish if you want, because I've got to say something Jack did last week, something sensational, a love letter to the posters out there. Will let me tell you something I've jumped on the back of that. I'm going to do a love letter to an occupation this.
Speaker 1: Oh nice? Did you get any that? Did you get feedback from postings?
Speaker 5: None? No, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Pretty and gracious I must not liked. I can't imagine why. Okay, before I go into the quiz, though, I do have something I want to talk about. So we've been saying it our beautiful neighbors who kindly let us stay in their place while we're renovating, which were almost at the end best birthday present ever under the bed, guys, the floorboards upstairs got laid, the beautiful woodcut floorboards. How good do they look? Boys?
Speaker 1: They look great? Yeah they did. Cooper, you just get worried about like giving you enough too much airtime, Like you're just really bogging on about stuff that's not.
Speaker 2: Important for really much.
Speaker 3: Yeah there is. Well, my point is, you guys are assholes, because, like I said, take your suitcase in and pretend you're like in a hotel, and this is what we do. Most of you took most of your shit in there, Cooper, you particularly anyway, but not only that. You then, from the minute we stepped foot in there, have been using bobber Necks stuff, and I've told them, I've told them so. Cooper, you were the first one. You took Bob Sonny's that's for a video. And Nick's champagne that was also for the video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was my state of Origin celeration video. I had to pop a bottle of champagne for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, let me get it. Have you replaced it?
Speaker 1: It was a forty dollar bottle.
Speaker 5: If I drank it and only spat it out and pronounced Chapane's chippage.
Speaker 3: Champa, you better, Okay, Jack, You're obsessed with using their Sultan pepper even though ours is right beside it.
Speaker 5: We have the same brand sold. How can I tell the different to the right? How would you put them next to each other? Ah?
Speaker 3: Man, they're on the other side.
Speaker 1: Can I say, I don't think they're going to care if the salt and pepper is being used. It's two dollars, Who cares?
Speaker 3: It's you know, the respect being shown. Matthew, you're the worst.
Speaker 2: Jacks Well, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: He had any anyway. Coffee again, theirs is right beside ours. And I said to Matt, Matt, this one's out, not that here. If what I'm like, there's better.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, like to have Dad's back here, and to have Jack's back and to have look, mind's a little bit different because I used his sunglasses. That's probably in appropriate, but salt and pepper coffee, Like, realistically, Bulb's not going to care.
Speaker 5: It gets worse and they sound like a wrap group.
Speaker 4: I put his tooth pressure mass the other night, but that's fine, going to care his breath tastes like shit.
Speaker 2: Anyway, exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, speaking of which, you've also been using his toothpaste's and it's a very expensive, fancy toothpaste that one.
Speaker 5: Quezy.
Speaker 2: I just want to say something, true.
Speaker 3: Apparently it tastes amazing.
Speaker 4: It's only that it's your birthday. I'm not taking a flame thrower this. Okay, move on with quiz.
Speaker 3: Okay. Also, you talk his cough medicine.
Speaker 1: Okay, true, let it go. No one, no one segment's dying.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I take the cake because the minute we went in, have you not noticed our family pictures are on their fridge?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I didn't notice.
Speaker 3: Rosemarie walks in the other week went oh you're not bad. Your family pictures are yeah, okay, since his birthday week, I've got a quiz about birthdays. Okay, well just call your name in.
Speaker 1: I get so against mum having back to back segments. I get so worried the listeners is going to bow out.
Speaker 3: Why don't you do your own?
Speaker 2: No? No hooking to good one coming up?
Speaker 3: What country has had the oldest verified person?
Speaker 2: Cooper yep?
Speaker 1: I would say Italy?
Speaker 5: No, Jack, I'd say India, No?
Speaker 2: Is it client Bulgaria?
Speaker 1: No? What the hell do I just say? It's so confident it's.
Speaker 3: Actually I would have thought you said, no, it's actually France. It's a woman called Jean Climent one hundred and twenty two years and one hundred and sixty four days. She's dead. She died in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 4: See when you said, what would you say? You can't believe no one said Japan, yet there was French.
Speaker 3: Because the oldest man is Japan, and I often hear about the people in Japan being the longest living. Okay, zero, I'm going to get out of here. I can smell paint going to my head. Man. Okay, what term is used for a baby who comes out feet first or bottom first? Like I did breach Matt Yes, very good. Matthew.
Speaker 1: Did you what's it called?
Speaker 5: You said? Breach?
Speaker 2: Perform?
Speaker 3: Matt Yeah, okay, bridget Okay? What fluid surrounds and protects the baby? Inside the amniotic fluid?
Speaker 5: Ship?
Speaker 1: Amionic fluid? You're an amazing.
Speaker 2: Larry.
Speaker 3: Can breathe easy? Okay inside the amniotics? I have had one glass of red wine.
Speaker 2: Because it's focus.
Speaker 1: Hang on, dad, just take a breath for a set you almost like fluster yourself up, and then just keep talking and then like it's almost just like an influx of ship through people's radio waves. Just take a breath. Sometimes the less you say is actually the better.
Speaker 2: Now, go economy of words, you got it?
Speaker 3: Goat last one? How many bones do human adults have?
Speaker 2: You know what? You read that so badly? It don't really I don't want to be associated with.
Speaker 5: Two hundred and sixty four?
Speaker 1: What's close in that?
Speaker 3: You know what? I'm going to whoever's closest.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and fifty eight eight hundred and six?
Speaker 3: For you're actually the closest what was it? Two hundred and six? Now the following question is for two points because it's the main question. O can I know it how many bones are babies born with?
Speaker 1: What they're different more or less?
Speaker 3: You know, you say your name.
Speaker 5: Jack more way more, it's.
Speaker 3: Like three, yeah, three hundred, well done.
Speaker 5: Jack, because because it makes them more like flexible and like malleable. Yeah, they can take They're more compact. To what am I even talking about?
Speaker 3: Well, they need to push out through the canal to get out, right, so everything needs to move out. So in the first several years after burs those bones fused together to then become two hundred.
Speaker 5: And it's my segment. I've been looking forward to this segment all week, Okay, doubt I've been given the stats about midlife crisis in males, and I believe here I've got the nine biggest moves for a midlife crisis, and I want everyone to choose one. So I'm going to go through the list here, and I love everyone at the end here to choose their midlife crisis. Is that possible?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So this was just for clarity because Jacket, this is for twenty twenty six. They released the survey. So this is the nine biggest things for twenty twenty six midlife crisis.
Speaker 3: When you say pick their midlife crisis, you get one they would.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, out of the Yeah, choose one that you'd like.
Speaker 2: We're just going to read out and say does this apply to dad? Let's say a couple here that will all right?
Speaker 5: First one dated twenty three year old? Is that pretty? That's pretty standard?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a pretty bad one's mid life fifty.
Speaker 3: I was asking the same questions.
Speaker 5: Getting it's getting older and older. It used to be mid thirties. I think it's now forty plus. Okay, here we go quit drinking and become insufferable about it.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Would quit drinking be considered a midlife crisis? I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It's pretty turne up, you know, I would.
Speaker 3: Say, I don't think it's I don't think it's a negative thing. It's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Well, the next one is double down on drinking.
Speaker 4: Matthew, as you see the end coming and you just go, you know what's taken this far? I just can enjoy myself, but you won't sleep.
Speaker 5: Well, wait to the sleep.
Speaker 2: When I'm dead, baby.
Speaker 5: Next one train for a marathon. Nobody asked about. Then we've got have a panic, baby, But wait for this in front of what have a panic baby. But in brackets it says with the wife you hate, oh God, okay, and then the next one is we're going to open our relationship, So essentially open relationship swingers.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people that are they doing that? You guys had know better that age.
Speaker 3: I know, no one I know.
Speaker 5: Number seventies get divorced pretty well.
Speaker 3: That's a yeah, that's a big one. Do you know what even in their later age seventies, that's not uncommon divorce.
Speaker 1: If you're in your sease. I feel like, if you've made it just like fifty about that before, what's the point.
Speaker 4: If I get the seventies and you don't want to divorce me, don't divorce, just murder me.
Speaker 1: But that's like I would, I don't see what would be the point of even getting a divorce at that age.
Speaker 3: Well, do you know what I think it is? I think when people are getting towards that aid, they're needing care. So if I hated him, if I'd be like, really, is this how I want to spend my last years looking after this asshole? It's not been amazing the rest of my the you know, the rest of the time for you to make sure you've got your yeah, and I think that's it. I would wop your buck.
Speaker 5: That was number seven.
Speaker 3: You know what, Matt actually did offer once to help my constipation.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we would help.
Speaker 5: Next one is getting diagnose with adult ADHD. Apparently that one's quite popular.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm hearing a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the next one is start a new hobby like rock climbing, high rocks, gardening, and handstands.
Speaker 2: I don't know what stands interesting. Try your hand stand the other day.
Speaker 5: Which one? Which one of your would be your pick?
Speaker 2: There? I think double down on drinking.
Speaker 5: Double down on drinking.
Speaker 1: Yep, I don't know. I don't like that. I don't think the marathon one really.
Speaker 2: The a marathon once. It's a real one that people your age to.
Speaker 3: Stop one second. When you spoke to someone that's just taken up cycling, it's the same same cycling.
Speaker 1: I'd argue that cycling marathons. Those try marathons, and they do, But I would argue cycling is abably be the worst thing you could possibly do. Nothing makes me more angry than seeing a cyclist next to me. There was one I was driving today Warrewood Square. Cyclists literally half in my lane, so I have to indicate around him and go and he's just had to tie in Lycra got those real like sunnies, polarized sunglasses on a helmet that had their bird.
Speaker 3: Like I could laugh, Matt if you did that.
Speaker 4: But the guy we're talking to last night, he had an idea. He's a nice man, but he's taken up cycling and he's actually riding in the middle of the night sometimes. Yeah, he rode to Woollongong the other day and back.
Speaker 2: I've heard that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do that.
Speaker 4: And he said that he's got an idea. He said to me, I've got an idea. I'm thinking about organizing a ride to go to basically all the NRL grounds. And I said to him, will understand this, Perth coming to the comp next year New Zealand.
Speaker 3: New Zealand, Well, you'd get on a boat.
Speaker 1: A barge.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 1: Can I just address some Rugby League news for a second, because it's a hot topic of the week and I want to get Trisha's opinion on it. Sure, look the cross look not the Adam Dewey situation. I'm sure people are familiar with the West Tigers. He was asked to play lock ended up had a little fight with Benji Marshall and then the West Tigers has just blown up from it. That's not the part of a narrow in on. I want to absolutely zero went on the vaping in the gym stuff. Now, Matthew, in your day people were smoking.
Speaker 4: You don't understand when my first off season was nineteen eighty nine, right, and there were guys even in the early nineties that would smoke in the sheds before the games. One would smoke at halftime in the game, and players would openly sit there in the sheds and smoke after the game.
Speaker 2: It was done. It was done all the time.
Speaker 1: And were people smoking a trainer.
Speaker 4: Not in the gym, but yet that'd smoke before training sometimes before you did ten k run. There was one of the boys you have, he'd have a smoke before hid because he believed it open his lungs up, which was really yeah.
Speaker 1: The like in my experiences in a change room, like boys sometimes who are vapors would smoke in the in the sheds, not before a game, but like after training, be in the sheds about to do you sort of your recovery and they look over and some of the boys having sneaky ones, not in front of everything.
Speaker 3: This is the thing. This is the thing with vaping. I'm out with people at a table at dinner and the sneaky bacon and.
Speaker 4: Some of the boys I played with us to smoke joints at the back of the bus on the way home from way games.
Speaker 3: That's true?
Speaker 2: Did you know that?
Speaker 1: And did Joey have a prescription for that?
Speaker 4: They would group the older blokes on the back and they just smoke doobies. Remember the bus drove and go.
Speaker 2: No, he's not boys, come on fair go again?
Speaker 1: Are you really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And they like windows down windows.
Speaker 2: No windows, well the windows couldn't be pushed down. It was a bus called the CoA. It was called the Super Blue.
Speaker 1: See where I reckon? Because I don't know where the stories come from with the vap and the gym stuff. I reckon. It was a comment made about vaing like in the sheds and in the training facility, because I would be so surprised if in a gym session boys are mid rap or in between reps sucking on a vabe.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just had a miss call from Uncle Joey.
Speaker 1: What for your birthday?
Speaker 3: I faced Uncle too.
Speaker 1: He's got a big.
Speaker 4: Was a big controversy because after a Test match they cut to the sideline and Wally Lewis walked onto the field, Wally to shake hands with the New Zealand players and he was smoking at the same time.
Speaker 3: It was Wally a smoker.
Speaker 4: Yeah well yeah, well no one knew and he's just on the field shaking hands with the Kubu boys having a done what was eighty five? But it was very common. Guys smoked before the games and halftime. The boys Cliffee Lines in the late nineties would smoke.
Speaker 5: And pop reckon. They used to come to one of your games and then a couple of hours beforehand, they get lunch at the LEAs Club and he'd be in the poke he's having.
Speaker 3: He's notorious.
Speaker 2: Cliffe's smoking exception the game.
Speaker 3: But do you know, like the thing is boys in pubs and clubs and nightclubs when we were going out, when we started going out, you could smoke in them. I would go home and stink.
Speaker 1: Could smoke in planes for a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what year was that there was there was a smoking and non smoking section.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you. Yeah, because when we were flying to when when did we fly over in two thousand they put us in smoking.
Speaker 1: So in the year two thousand you were on a plane and that people smoking.
Speaker 2: You like on the plane as well? Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 3: But we we got moved. But yeah, but there.
Speaker 4: Are still airlines that have a smoking section. I think some of the some of the Middle East. Yeah, such a big thing in there.
Speaker 2: Wow, guys, if we've waited long enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, last week Jack, you did love letter an ode to the posty and we said, Jack, you want to do it this week. Jack was a little bit busy, and I said, well, each week, let's we all should have an ode to a profession.
Speaker 2: We want to do something.
Speaker 4: Tuh, I want you to do one next week. Jack was posting posts this week I've done a love letter.
Speaker 3: I know exactly who I'm doing a ode to.
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 3: No, it's a secret.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, keep going done.
Speaker 2: Let me just get through this. I've done a love letter to escorts.
Speaker 4: They may be women or men, yes, men or women of the night or what else else?
Speaker 1: Escorts as in like the senners that run wingers off.
Speaker 2: The ball and no no, I'm thinking lady of the night or men of the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, people of the night.
Speaker 5: Yes, Batman is Batman.
Speaker 4: Scot Yes, let's just put a pause on those. Really, Okay, This is a love letter to you, the one who makes the world a better place. One smile, one kiss, one gentle touch, one vigorous hand job at a time. You work your craft under the light that's read, giving b js to Simon's, to ricks and to Fred's. You don't discriminate. You take without treason, whether it's summer, winter or another horny old season. Plumbers, sparkys, it's all the same gravy. You love all the seamen and men in the navy.
Speaker 2: See how little turner pray like that? Oh look at that. Yeah, they come.
Speaker 4: From all countries, even those without visas. Doxters and desperates and horny old Jesus be at the front door the back door. You'll come out on top with cousins and uncles and dirty old pops, excepting Amax and checks and the King of all cash. Eighty bucks for a massage, forty two for a pash. It's Sydney or Brisbane or far away Rome. You'll slip off his trousers in rusty trombone.
Speaker 2: For here or are pious, your life will be poorer. I wonder uranus like an early explorer.
Speaker 4: In sunshine, in sunshine and rain and morning so foggy.
Speaker 2: There's rim jobs and girls and old fashioned doggies. I'll do it to music. I love John bon Jovi, but nothing to techno. All that bald did Ship movie, Lead's dance on the ceiling, so Seylan or Richie, my urines on fire, my bull bag, so itchy, my lord.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are magical.
Speaker 1: When Dudd said I have a poem, and he was over there for like two hours just laughing to himself, and he's talking this up so much. That is brilliant.
Speaker 3: You're a creative genius.
Speaker 2: John. What's your favorite bit?
Speaker 1: I like the the play on words with seamen the navy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like the movie bits.
Speaker 4: It's all the same gravy. You'll love all the seamen and men in the navy.
Speaker 1: It's good, it's fair.
Speaker 2: And I'll do it to music. I love bonjo nothing bald ship movie, that's good. I must say my.
Speaker 4: Favorite is in Seadne, the old Brisbane and far away round. You slip off these trousers and rusty trombone.
Speaker 1: You are such a rusty trombone or rusty trombone. Yeah, yeah, she knows, she knows you're right.
Speaker 3: Do it quickly, people, I need to everyone. We were going straight after this my surprise party that you planned, that I plan, and I also catered fort pies.
Speaker 2: I've got chicken party.
Speaker 3: Who eat? But chicken chicken party is a fair Everyone to ship to have a delivery. They're probably over there waiting. They're not great anyway, Um, Cooper and I are leading the charge on ninety two each. Jack O, you're ninety last week? That are you sure you're a professional commentator? Or ninety? Cooper did it this week?
Speaker 1: You only got too right. You and Jack only got too right anyway.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cowboys, Roosters. I'm going the Roosters.
Speaker 2: I'm want to go the Cowboys, O.
Speaker 5: Jack, I'm going to go the Yeah, I'm gonna get with your Cowboys as well.
Speaker 1: I will go the Ruders, Tristy with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Dragons, Dolphins, I'm going the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love the I'm back on the Dolphins. I like them.
Speaker 1: Ye, Dolphins, Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Okay, Storm Bullies the Bulldogs to play for. Yeah, I know they're a bit depleted.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Dogs. Harry still vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll go the Bulldogs as well. There's blood in the water.
Speaker 3: You know what happens Titans wise, I'm going the Tities in a row.
Speaker 1: Come on, boys, I'll go to the Titans.
Speaker 2: To shout out to the Warriors fans.
Speaker 4: Warrior Fan got in touch with just asking why the Warriors fans can't bring the drums to Seba super Stadium.
Speaker 2: We are unaware of that. We're not sure.
Speaker 3: I think it might have. I did reply back to him and I think it has something to do with Cibus Stadium. And then he said, well, actually, now that you say that, they were allowed at the previous stadium, so it could potential it's a whole pre.
Speaker 1: So see us have some sort of anti drums.
Speaker 5: Well that's why corne.
Speaker 3: On that note the AI that you're using that chiitty chat with someone asked which one are you using?
Speaker 5: I think I was just.
Speaker 1: Using chat GPT last week.
Speaker 3: So how do you get to do the conversational thing with them?
Speaker 1: I could try to instruct them, but it goes straight over the head. Actually, just play it's on chat TV. Do you have a little look around where you type the message in? It's like to the right hand side of that. Just have a play around.
Speaker 3: You'll get there that person or updated Panthers Raiders on the Panties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Panthers, Yeah, Panthers.
Speaker 1: I will go to Panthers.
Speaker 3: Okay, Broncos, nice one on the Knights.
Speaker 5: Tough game, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, they got more to play for.
Speaker 4: The Broncos will go all out, but I'm gonna I'm going to kalm back.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go the Knights as well.
Speaker 3: Back this week. I shout out to Dylan Lucas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll go Nights only because only because they Bronx are out now right, they can't make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, allegedly, I'll go the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Oh you're going Broncos Okay, Yeah, Dylan quick recovery mate, Dylan Brown too and Dylan Brown. Yeah, they gopped a lot last week. Sharks Rabbits. I'm going to Sharkys. They're on fire right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sharks can't bad it into the Sharks of the moment. They're fire.
Speaker 3: And yeah, Nicko is doing great.
Speaker 5: Sharky's on fire.
Speaker 1: Almost.
Speaker 3: And the last one Tiger's Eels. I'm going to Eels. I just think too much is going on.
Speaker 2: Tiger's and my specials, everything going on early.
Speaker 3: I disagree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Tigers win. I think Adam Doing might get a trial.
Speaker 1: To you know what, Tristy, I'm going to go with you. I'm going to go to the eels.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 3: I think it's very disruptive and it's indicative. Yeah, I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I won't do it. This week chat Jude, I was going to pose the question who would win a fist fight? Maybe or John bon Jovi.
Speaker 1: We can say that for next week. Happy birthday guys, we got some surprise birthday
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paddy pies and cheesecakes, Fatty I