Speaker 1: Why on Sky News. This is Sharry.
Speaker 2: Thanks Andrew, good evening, welcome to the program. Good to be.
Speaker 3: Back home with you all in Australia and thanks so much for tuning in last week in Israel. It was an incredible trip. We'll get to it a bit later in the show, but tonight coming up, the Albanezy government likened it to a clown show as it falls behind. In today's Newspop, I'll look at just how much travel Labour's in ahead of the next election. Cameron Milner and David Gazzard will be on with their analysis. Channel nine's top presenters respond to the news the networks spin doctor has been sacked ahead of a review into the company's culture, and one star tells me that Vic Buckan was the gatekeeper.
Speaker 2: Who wielded too much power.
Speaker 3: Also tonight, the United Nations facing serious questions on what it knew about Hesbeler weapons stockpiled just one hundred.
Speaker 2: Meters from its outpost.
Speaker 3: High profile human rights lawyer Arsenostrowsky will be on the show tonight to discuss the UN, how Israel is fighting a just war, and the Albanese government's betrayal of Israel. Plus with only twenty two days until the American election, more threats on Donald Trump's life and calls tonight to strengthen his security as a third assassination attempt is foiled, but first tonight. Anthony Alberzi has boasted in the past that he's never lost a news poll.
Speaker 2: Well, that ends today.
Speaker 3: Just months out from polling day, the prime Minister's re election prospects are now looking shaky, with Peter Dutton ahead of Albanizi in the polls for the first time. It wasn't so long ago now that Albanzi claimed he'd never lost a poll.
Speaker 4: Oh, we haven't lost a news poll, unlike every other government during every term since since our newspoll started.
Speaker 3: I think words he'll rue today as newspoll shows that the Coalition leads Labor on both a primary and two party preferred basis. The Coalition's primary is at thirty eight percent, while Labour's primary at thirty one and that's lower than the thirty two point six percent that they recorded at the last election, and as you know, that was already historic lows. Then on a two party preferred basis, the Coalition now ahead of Labor fifty one to forty nine. Percent, and this is because there's been a shift in preference flows. It's the first time since the last election that the credible polling outfit Newspoll has the Coalition.
Speaker 2: Ahead of Labor.
Speaker 3: Now Labor and PS and insiders are getting nervous, but publicly from the Prime Minister down they insisted today that there was nothing to see here.
Speaker 4: I'm very focused on continuing to lead a majority government.
Speaker 5: There are obviously news polls where you're doing better than other times and others where you're doing less well.
Speaker 6: So we're not focused on the polls because what we're focused on is cost of living for ordinary Australia. We're focused, we're doing the right thing. It's a very close it's a very close poll. There's going to be poles of individual seats of the nation all the rest. What we know is that when the election comes it'll be a choice between our plans for the future or Peter Dutton's lack of plans for the future.
Speaker 3: Now, poor polls have been the undoing of several Prime ministers. Malcolm Turnbull use the fact that Tony Abbott had lost thirty news polls as just cause when he tore his Prime ministership down.
Speaker 7: The one thing that is clear about our current situation is the trajectory. We have lost thirty news polls in a row. It is clear that the people have made up their mind about mister Abbot's leadership.
Speaker 3: Then when Turnbull himself lost an equal number of polls, that led to concern about his own leadership, and eventually Peter Dutton came after him, a leadership coup I broke on the front page at the time. Julia Gillard was also floundering in the polls when Kevin Rudd came after her and seized back the leadership ahead of the September twenty thirteen election.
Speaker 2: And the truth is, if we're all being perfectly.
Speaker 7: Honest about it right now, is that we're on course for a catastrophic defeat unless there is change.
Speaker 3: But Rud in his second prime ministership didn't perform any better, with Tony Abbott winning a landslide fourteen seats, and now Albanezi has lost his first poll and it could get a lot worse in the next seven months before polling day. The momentum has now been in Peter Dutton's favor for a year. There are many complicating factors, including the Teals, the Greens and those independent Muslim candidates. But it's not looking good for alban Ezi now. There was a great line in The finn Review today where journalist James Curran wrote that Albanezi has always been an excellent party organizer and factional leader, but he said that Albanesi's prime ministership is defined predominantly by situation politics. He operates in the moment, surviving it before.
Speaker 2: Fleeing to the next, and you just can't argue with it.
Speaker 3: Albinizi has a long list of failures over the past year, but then it's hard to cite any way in which he's actually made our country a better place. Exactly a year ago today, there was the failure of the Voice referendum, which was meant to be the prime minister's legacy, but in fact he personally he turned Australians who initially supported the Voice against it by accusing voters of racism and misinformation. He is responsible for its failure. He didn't bother to find a proposal that would have bipartisan support because he didn't want to share the glory when it passed as he believed that it would. Then there's the immigration crisis where hundreds of criminals were released onto our streets, free to allegedly bash grandmothers and reoffend. There's his comprehensive failure to deal with anti Semitism, which I've spoken about at length. His flawed decision to fast track visas for nearly three thousand Garzens, including some with Hamas links. Albinizi is also pushing through a highly concerning misinformation bill. He's running a big Australia policy that's put pressure on the housing crisis, and this is helping to keep inflation persistent. He's cowering to China while our defense personnel have faced aggression and attacks from Beijing. And in terms of Albanese's management.
Speaker 2: Style, he lacks authority.
Speaker 3: Left wing figure Penny Wong is believed to have more command in cabinet than the Prime Minister, and unlike former prime ministers Scott Morrison, Tony Abbott, even Turnbull and Kevin Rudd, Albanizei doesn't bother to get across policy detail that his own government is asking Australians to support. He's either too lazy, too disinterested, or simply not bright enough, and then he's caught out and left to clean up the mess when those very policies that he didn't bother to get across cause massive backlash. We saw this with Tanya pleibusex environment laws and Andrew Giles's mess in immigration. The problem is that Alberonize never believed he'd end up as PM when Bill Shorton was Labor Leader. Sure Alberize leaked against him and agitated, but he wasn't truly.
Speaker 2: Desperate for the top job.
Speaker 3: If it didn't come, he would have been fine to continue leaking away in the media as Infrastructure Minister in a Shorten government. So Alberizi hadn't spent his time thinking deeply about his vision for Australia if he were Prime Minister. It was a surprise to Albo when Shorten lost the election and he became the opposition leader. And that's the history that has got us to where we are today. Alberze's failures as Prime Minister are comprehensive and unforgivable, in particular the explosion in racism towards Jews and the lawlessness and support for terror that's been largely doned on our streets. Albanezi squanders our multicultural success story while Australians are living in a prolonged cost of living.
Speaker 2: Crisis, and all the while he has no ground.
Speaker 3: Vision for our country and no command of ministerial briefs. Well news today that another senior boss at nine has been sacked ahead of a cultural review being released this month. Nine's director of Communications and public Relations, Victoria Buchan, was today made redundant.
Speaker 2: Now several months ago.
Speaker 3: In May, I broke the story that there were accusations from employees at nine that Victoria Buchan, as a nine spin doctor, had swept under the rug claims that news director Darren Wick had behaved poorly. I reported that Buchan had been made aware of several complaints against her long term friend Darren Wick, yet he then remained in the job for another five years. Here were the allegations made against her. Back in May, Victoria Buchan sought to suppress the scandal of Wick's inappropriate conduct after the twenty nineteen Logis after party. At the function, we've now learned of four women who Darren Wick allegedly groped, sexually harassed, or propositioned. One on air presenter who was the victim of sexual harassment claims that Victoria Buchan rang her in the weeks afterwards to ask about the incident, and the presenter claims that Buchan, along with another nine female executive, asked if she intended to make a formal complaint. Well, like many women at nine, she didn't want to lodge a formal complaint so that it wouldn't affect her career at progression Now, Wick remained in his job, and I also reported that Bucken phoned another woman to accuse her of gossiping about Darren Wick's behavior from that Logis after party, and Buckan allegedly told this woman that his behavior had been dealt with now. At the time, Buckan denied those allegations. I asked her whether it was correct that over the years she had become aware of allegations that Wick had behaved inappropriately towards women when intoxicated, and I asked her what action she'd taken about this, and whether she was more concerned about negative publicity for the network than a duty of care to vulnerable women.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: Buckan responded at the time to say that she had spoken to Wick on a number of occasions about his drinking. She said I was aware that Darren Wick was intoxicated at the logies. He was spoken to and left the event. After the event, I spoke to people who came to me about his drinking. I was never at events where I was aware of the behavior described as Hansy occurred. I didn't recve any internal complaints to deal with or external media.
Speaker 2: Queries about such behaviors.
Speaker 3: Now, some presenters at nine have strongly felt that Bucan didn't have their best interests at heart, and she's accused of helping to plant stories against women during contract negotiations as a way of bullying them into submission. One nine presenter spoke to me today of her relief at Buckan's departure, and she said, and I quote, she was the gatekeeper. She wielded way too much power. This will go a long way to starting to restore trust. Another nine presenter told me she was very close with Darren Wick, so it's not at all a surprise that she's leaving, and their speculation about who might be next, and the entire senior leadership team at nine has now departed.
Speaker 2: I mean you look at who's already gone.
Speaker 3: Peter Costello, Chief executive, Mike sneezebe head of News Darren Wick and now Vic Bucken. And this all comes ahead of a report into the history of sexual harassment and the culture at nine. It's set to be handed down by the end of this month, but it's not clear yet.
Speaker 2: Whether it will be made public.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going to come back to that topic, come back to Newspoll. We're going to get the latest in Israel. So much more to talk about. I'm joined now by Sky News host Steve Price and contributer Joe Hildebrand.
Speaker 2: Welcome to you both, evening, Welcome back, Thank you so much. Joe.
Speaker 3: Look, Steve, starting with you, I want to get your reaction to news poll Newspoll did for the first time.
Speaker 2: Have Dutton or have the Coalition ahead of Labor today?
Speaker 3: Do you think there is a realistic proposition that Darton might win the next election, which has to be held sometime in the next seven months.
Speaker 9: Great job in Israel, by the way, outstanding what you did last week. Look, I think these polls are really interesting. Although the Australian Today, in analyzing it, suggested that much of the shift was from minor parties moving around their preferences and so you're having some people leaving Labour and going to the Greens, and you've got one nation pushing their preferences to the Coalition. But I don't think anyone who's a very close observer of Australian politics could say that there's not a mood for some sort of shift, which is a remarkable thing to say when this is a one term government. You know that doesn't happen in this country, and yet it looks like it will.
Speaker 2: And I think it went to.
Speaker 9: The heart of it there and Joe's not going to like this, but it goes to the heart of our Anthony Albanezi being weak and Australians don't like weak leaders. And when you're in the middle of a potential problem with China, you've got the Middle East, you've got a housing says you've got to cost a living crisis. Weak people don't fix those things. And I'll tell you what stood out for me yesterday. Where do you think Peter Dutton was yesterday? He was standing on the grid at the V eight supercars in Batist and I just think that that was him playing to the crowd that he believes will turn their vote toward the Coalition, and that's working class blue collar Australians who are sick and tired of what they're seeing in the supermarket and trying to buy their kids a house.
Speaker 3: I want to pick up on what you just said there about the Prime Minister looking weak and Steve, I think you are absolutely spot on. And this is where Peter Dutton's you know, what Labor thought were his negatives, that he was unlikable, it has turned to his strength because he is looking like a very strong leader compared to Albanizi. And it's at a time when we're dealing with war and a cost of living crisis that's just prolonged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 10: I mean there's a couple of things. I don't think Anthony Albanese is weak. I think he's a deal maker. That's his background. He's a few he's used to, you know, bringing parties together and say right, what do we need to do to make this problem go away? You shake hands and we're going to go and say we're going to put out this thing and this is how it's going to go down. And that was his role in the party. And when you do that, I suppose on the national stage, it does run the risk of you being seen to be trying to sort of plicate both sides, and you might say that, you know, Israel and Palestine is a classic example of that, where he's trying to sort of say the right thing to both parties and both sides to de escalate things, and then both then both sides just say, well, you're actually not in my corner, so you end up pissing both people off. So you know, it's tough being in the middle. In terms of the way he runs his cabinet, this you have to understand, obviously, is a reaction to the way Kevin Rudd ran the cabinet, and he was seen as autocratic. He was seen as micro managing his ministers, eventually sidelining them all together with the sort of kitchen cabinet of four, which caused that ministerial revolt which turned into the end of his prime ministership.
Speaker 1: And so he's trying to run fending.
Speaker 10: In can save God until my next year at least, I think, Steve.
Speaker 9: Man, you really seriously think that he's showing himself to be a strong leader because he goes around both sides of his mouth, But.
Speaker 10: He's a consensus driven He's a consensus driven leader. Lad who's just going to.
Speaker 1: Go from strong leadership Joe.
Speaker 10: Easy to be a strong leader when you're in opposition and you don't actually have to be an say whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: Need to have been there.
Speaker 3: The times maketh the man, and it is easy to be a strong prime minister in times of crisis. We have seen prime ministers in the past hold impressive press conferences with the flags behind them, showing their leadership.
Speaker 2: There is nothing simpler and Alban easy hasn't done it. He has failed. And how hard is it to come out against terrorism? Seriously, it's the easiest thing anyone can do. He hasn't done it.
Speaker 3: Speaking of which, let's now turn to the history of prominent restauranteur Our Azbek. Now he's now been charged over allegedly holding an anti Semitic sign which had the Nazi swastika superimposed over an Israeli flag. But The Australian reports today that back in twenty fourteen, the founder of the No Bad Restaurants was once questioned by police after waiting outside a Bondai synagogue and in his car it was found that he had water bomb balloons. Now, I've got to say, at the same time and we all know that this has happened over the weekend. The bakery cord Avner's in Sydney, owned by a jew it was targeted. Her must triangles painted on the window. A note under the door read be careful, Steve.
Speaker 2: The owner is Jewish.
Speaker 3: He's never said anything about the war, so you can't say this is anything other than anti Semitism, and it is disgraceful.
Speaker 9: Look, I think the way he handled that was perfect. He left those symbols was up on the glass and he deliberately did that. And the Jewish community in Sydney showed their support. They turned up there and in large numbers to have their breakfast, which was a great thing. I really get very disturbed by the be careful note shoved under the door, just on the allegations about that bloke with the Jewish flag, the Israeli flag and the swastika on it. What I really get upset about. This bloke today has said I'm so sorry. I apologize unreservedly for what I did. Mate, you did it. Saying you're sorry now has no impact on me, no impact on any Jewish Australian at all. You should not have done it. And there's a picture of your holding the bloody thing, mate. I mean, saying sorry doesn't wash it.
Speaker 10: I didn't realize that showing a swastika on an Israeli flag was wrong, but now I've embraced those learnings and literally literally off to an ashram in India to contemplate my wrongdoings on my own birth. I mean, I think that the fact that he said, I'm now going to an ashram to dwell on my shortcomings as a human, but like that just shows how outrageously self important and pretentious this person is. He clearly hasn't had too many people telling him is wrong throughout his life. I reckon his business is finished right now. Judging by the comments his wife made publicly about how he had brought so much damage and distribute to it, I wouldn't be surprised if his marriage is also over. But I don't want to tread him to that personal sphere. But it was extraordinary that she came out with such strong language. His behavior ten years ago outside of synagogue was just absolutely crazy, and his explanation for it just defies consense. It is absolutely all over for this guy. Ed on the other hand, who I've met a few times, and who is the loveliest bloke in the world. The TV chef that's met couple all us TV celebrities stick together that But he's just a love This guy is a loveless guy. I used to see him at seven other places and he's the loveless guy off screen as he is on.
Speaker 2: Wish continue to support.
Speaker 10: Guts his guts in actually you know, I mean, I know what it's like to be stalked, I know what it's like to get a hate mail, and his guts in actually standing up and saying you know what, this will not stand good.
Speaker 3: So I agree, Let's all continue to buy from Avner's Bakery, jew or non chocolate.
Speaker 2: Let's all support it. Yes, Steve, this.
Speaker 9: Bloke in Melbourne has heres A restaurants in Melbourne as well, and I'm pleased to say that large numbers of big businesses have canceled events that they had planned between now and the end of the year at his one of his upmarket restaurants.
Speaker 1: They're just not going to go.
Speaker 9: They've pulled out and they've said we're not coming anywhere near you, mate. I hope everybody does that. And the bloke goes broke.
Speaker 3: Yeap all right, very quickly, before we go, I just want to ask you about the departure that we learned today. Spoke about it just a moment ago of nine's chief spin doctor Vic Bucken.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 3: There is now going to be pressure from staff inside nine for this report to be made public when it is, and my understanding is that very top executives do have a copy of it already.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, I suppose if they don't make the report public, they're just repeating their previous mistakes, aren't they, Which is that all this happens, but it's all sort of covered up and buried.
Speaker 1: It happens in darkness.
Speaker 10: I think they have to. I think that the fact that they have basically got rid of everyone from the chairman and the CEO down.
Speaker 1: Hi, Victoria, if you're watching.
Speaker 10: I do like Kigbucking, but I like everybody, as you.
Speaker 2: Know you like everyone.
Speaker 10: I know I'm too soft, but I think given that you know, she was the one who clear cleaned up all their dirty laundry, and you know, to get rid of her when she was probably more responsible than anyone else for stopping the whole operation from falling apart before it did, you could probably debate.
Speaker 3: That there are also, by the way, there are also some who say the only departure out of this review can't be one woman.
Speaker 2: There are those people who are saying that.
Speaker 3: And by the way, as she just point out that, because the report's not public, we actually don't know whether vic Buckin's departure has anything to do with the review. It could just be a routine redundancy. We are yet to see, all right, Joe Hildo Brand, Steve Price. Great to see you both now. Today marks one year since Australians overwhelmingly voted against the Voice to Parliament and during the campaign the Prime Minister accused No campaigners of racism, misinformation and being chicken littles. There were millions of dollars from corporate Australia supporting the Yes campaign, and yet Australians found their own voice and overwhelmingly utterly rejected changing the constitution. Not that Albaneze has accepted any responsibility personally for its failure, and he blames everyone else, Peter Dutton, the media and of course misinformation, and now he wants legislation designed to crack.
Speaker 2: Down on just that.
Speaker 3: Well, a year has gone past and the Albanese government has now been accused of failing to prioritize indigenously shoes of simply forgetting about Indigenous Australians. It's a point being made by Jacenter Price and National's leader David Littlebrout. They're calling for a forensic audit of programs and organizations that they say aren't improving the lives of Indigenous people, and David little Proud joins me. Now, David, welcome to the show. Well, a year on from the no vote succeeding at the referendum, why do you say that the Albanesi government has abandoned Indigenous Australians.
Speaker 11: Well, nothing's happened. Thanks for having me, but nothing's happened. We've had twelve months of missed opportunity. We've had twelve months and nothing. We actually took a principal position as Nationals before everybody else in November last year and said that we wouldn't support the Voice before anyone else did, because we saw the repeating.
Speaker 1: Mistakes in the past.
Speaker 11: We were going to create another lie of bureaucracy which we've had before, which is called atsik it filed those that we represent from our lived.
Speaker 1: Experience, we couldn't support it.
Speaker 11: But what we did the very next week after Australians voted was that Peter Dutt and I walked into that Parliament and we moved two motions. One was for a Forrenzic Order of over five billion dollars worth of funding from government agencies that go into closing that gap to make sure that there is value for money for Australians at taxpayers, as well as for a Royal Commission into sexual child abuse in Central Australia. Because Australians gave us a strong indication they wanted action. They didn't want ideology, they wanted to practical reality. They wanted action. And that's why I'm back out here in Alice Springs with Jacinta listening to elders, understanding the only way to change this is to listen to elders and have local solutions, not regional national solutions. But this government has been asleep at the will Anthony Alberanez. He has washed his hands of Indigenous Australias. He's done nothing for twelve months. This is a blight on our nation and a blight on him as Prime Minister who came saying he was going to change the country. But in fact, they only spend four hundred and fifty million dollars on dividing us.
Speaker 3: David little Proud, I want to ask you your view on this suggestion by one of the Voice architects, Meghan Davis, that a misinformation bill would have helped the Voice secure a victory.
Speaker 11: It would have silenced people like myself and just In an Apple, Genper Price and Warren Mundane. Those two in particular led our nation. What the National Party's position was to give them the oxygen to do that and to give their led experience about why this was repeating the mistakes of the past, of more bureaucracy, of attic mark two, of letting them be able to say exactly what was happening out here in Central Australia where the prime is that dares not come. That would have been seen in the eyes under this new law as misinformation. You would have silenced just In an Apple, jimper Price, and Warren Mundine in what country where one hundred and three thousand, more than one hundred and three thousands have lost their lives defending the very principle of our freedom of speech, that their message of their lived experience was going to be washed away because the Prime Minister had an idological view predicated out a redfern, not out of here in central Australia. That's not the Australia that those one hundred and three thousand Australians defended. Nor I as a custodian of that freedom of speech, want to let go and we intend to repeal that bill if it gets through. But the reality is is Australians spoke, They spoke loudly, and when they do we should respect that.
Speaker 1: We should get on with the job of what they've tasked us to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one of the many examples of how the misinformation legislation, as you say, if it goes ahead, could be misused for political purposes. Now we see today the front page of The Australian the Coalition surge ahead of Labour for the first time in news poll.
Speaker 2: What do you think the.
Speaker 3: Chances are now of Peter Dutton being the next Prime Minister?
Speaker 1: Well, I only.
Speaker 11: Hope so, because what we need to do is get back to base. We need strong leadership and that's why Peter Dutton and I have shown from the voice all the way through. But I think it's a reflection of what Australians have asked themselves, do.
Speaker 1: They feel safer and do they feel better off.
Speaker 11: After two and a half years of Anthony Albanezy and they overwhelming answer that is no, they don't.
Speaker 1: They're paying more.
Speaker 11: We don't feel safer because they've led again with what's happening on the streets of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. The ideology of what's happening in the Middle East permeate here into Australia, when what we should do is get back to first principles.
Speaker 1: Every Australian should.
Speaker 11: Ask themselves if those terror attacks happened in Australia on the seventh of October, that happened in Israel, what would they expect.
Speaker 1: The Australian government to do.
Speaker 11: They would expect their government to pursue those terrorist organizations to any part of the planet and destroy them to keep their people safe.
Speaker 1: That's what Israel has done.
Speaker 11: And when you get to the essence of what's happened is we've stood up for those principles of freedom and safe and peace loving people that have come to this country to escape the Middle East to have that here. But then when you get to the cost of living crisis about sensible energy policy that'll feed into lower food prices, but also sensible immigration policy, not by cutting it, but by bringing those determining. We should determine who comes to this country, the skills they have, and where we want them to live. We've got a housing crisis and we should give hope to Australinge they can own a home because we're going to bring the best and bryers here to solve our problems, not care in a corner like Anthony Albernez.
Speaker 1: He's done for two and a half years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, David little Proud, thank you very much for joining me today National's Leader on the one year anniversary of.
Speaker 2: The Voice defeat.
Speaker 3: Now, after the break, I'll show you extraordinary footage of Hezbola weapons and tunnels just meters from United Nations outposts. How can the international community possibly defend this? And a high profile human rights lawyer would join me to speak about this from Israel next, plus a Labor and Peace Office viciously andalyzed by Hamas supporters. As anti Semitism continues to explode, we'll look at that shocking example, and Cameron Milner will be on the show to speak about how he thinks the Prime Minister is running a clown show for a government. Stay tuned, Welcome back well. Greg Sheridan wrote a brilliant column on the weekend where he spoke about how Israel is fighting a just and moral war and how it needs out support. Sheridan wrote that Penny One keeps implying that Israel is breaking into national law when all evidence points to the contrary. He writes that she fraudulently implies that Israel has prevented the establishment of a Palestinian state, even though this isn't the case and the UN provided for one seventy seven years ago. Greg Sheridan writes it three times since then, Israel has offered a Palestinian state on generous terms, only to be met by rejection and murderous terrorism. Several times in its short existence, Israel has had to fight conventional wars of national survival, as in the Yom Kippur War of seventy three, and now Iran, five minutes away from possessing nuclear weapons, proclaims its sacred mission of wiping Israel off the map while organizing terror and missile strikes from every point on Israel's border. Now I highly recommend you read Greg Sheridan's brilliance there for this comes as evidence has emerged of Hesbela tunnels and infrastructure in the close vicinity of the United Nations, around one hundred meters or so away from a UN peacekeeping observation post. The terrorists were building tunnels, storing weapons, and using it as a base to attack Israel.
Speaker 2: Have a look at this vision.
Speaker 8: This is one of seven hundred Hesba drop points, twenty five trails in this area three hundred meters from the border where Hisbala has built small bases. Really, you see here explosive devices, You've got boots, got helmets, all the equipment that you need if you are preparing to invade the Israeli border.
Speaker 2: It's extraordinary.
Speaker 3: After the Second Lebanon War in two thousand and six, the United Nations Resolution seventeen oh one decreed that Hesbela needed to stay north of the Lehani River. It also needed to demilitarize southern Lebanon. The United Nations never enforced this, never, so it's been left to Israel to now deal with. And yet the international community call for Israel to stop defending and protecting its own citizens and have a ceasefire. Well, let's cross now live now to tell Aviv and I'm joined by human rights lawyer and senior fellow at the Misgav Institute for National Security, Arson Ostrovsky. Arson, thank you very much for joining me on the show. I want to get your commentary on this. On these Hesbela weapons found so close to you and outposts, what were the United Nations officials actually doing?
Speaker 12: Look, but you and officials were simply doing nothing. But you know, we need to put this in context as well. You know, just before coming on air, has Bala terrace firing from southern Lebanon right under the noses of the uniform soldiers, rain down rockets on central Israel before that earlier this morning, and also rain rockets down on northern Israel, including Hi. Today, some almost been million or so Istralis have been in bomb shelters and in the line of fire from Hesbeala rockets. That's about one fifth of the population, one fifth of Australia's population. To put this in context, it's about five and a bit million people. That is the entire population of Sydney. Now we have to understand that has Balo is not like the Lashnami. It has ballet is a gin, a subtle terrorist organization sworn to Israel's destruction, that acts at the behest of the running regime, that fired over ten thousand rockets, missiles, suicide drones. Almost sixty people have been either murdered or killed in one hundred thousand have been displaced from their homes. Australia certainly wouldn't put up with us, and quite frankly, nor can Israel or any other serve nation.
Speaker 3: Now you know our political situation very well here in Australia because you used to live in Australia.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 3: Foreign Minister Penny Wong has claimed that Israel has targeted So she's saying Israel is deliberately targeting un personnel.
Speaker 2: That's not what's happening at all, is it?
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 12: Quite frankly, that's an outrageous the lie in a gross of true Israel is targeting solely has Balah targets, but has Balah just like Hamas, is committing a double crime. They're embedding themselves in civilian areas including homes, schools, hospitals, mosques, whilst using their own people cynically as human shields. Whilst in discriminately buying at Israel. No country could possibly tolerate this north Israel. So for miss Wong to say that Israel is intentionally targeting anyone but terrorist targets is quite frankly outrageous and a lie.
Speaker 1: Israel is gone.
Speaker 12: Israel has gone and continues to go as it has in Gaza, just as it is now in Levetonto lengths not seen in the history of modern warfare, to abide by principles of international law and to avoid any harm to civilians.
Speaker 3: Arson further evidence overnight that Tehran was in part behind the October seven attacks, the IDF discovering documents which suggest that around began funding the harmas October seven attack as early as twenty twenty one. This shows that ultimately the international community, whether they like it or not, is going to have to deal with the nuclear weapons program that Iran is developing.
Speaker 12: Look, absolutely, Iran is not some kind of passive actor here. Iran is the one that is calling the shots. Iran is supporting these proxy terrorist groups, including Hasbal and Hamaspertofim. By the way, when it's also recognized that designated terror groups in Australia, but not only that not only are they supplying them with weapons, with training, with funds, with instructions, but they also directly are taking as well. They did so in April this year by firing with three hundred missiles and rockets, and of course just the other week when they ran down over one hundred and eighty ballistic missiles, setting the entire the entire country into bomb shelter. So certainly you know the you know this is you look at this like a lack an octopus, and it is Iran ahead of the octopus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, indeed, all right, and yet everyone just wants to put their head in the sands. They want to cease fire, they want to let around contry you to develop the nuclear programs. I mean, the Americans, I'm worried more about the US election than they are about actually dealing with this threat, which is a threat to all of us around the world, including in Australia. If God forbid, Iran would develop a nuclear bump. All right, Arsenostrowsky, great to have you on the show again.
Speaker 2: Thank you now.
Speaker 3: After the break, Labor politician Peter Khalil's Melbourne office vandalized by Hamas supporters. Plus why labor is looking more and more like a clown show. Cameron Milner with his scathing review and concern in Kamala Harris's camp about her inability to conduct even friendly interviews. Meanwhile, Trump is begging for more security amid a third assassination attempt.
Speaker 2: All of this still coming up.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to get to US politics in a moment, but now let's bring in former chief of staff to Bill Shorten, Cameron Milner, and former Howard advisor David Gazzar. And welcome to you both, And by Carmeron Milner, you have written another scathing piece on the Albanezy government. You're comparing the Prime Minister and labor to a circus. You write that we are led through another election campaign with Albow leading a clown show, firmly in his own image.
Speaker 2: You wonder what did Labor voters do to deserve this?
Speaker 3: So Cameron, talk us through why you're saying that this government is basically a circus and a clown show.
Speaker 14: Well, just look at how bad they are, Shari. I mean, if you didn't know good cry, you have to laugh. And just how bad they are and how Albo this hit the helm of this He's running a three ring circus and he's the chief clown, chief clown. It's terrible, Shari.
Speaker 1: It's terrible for.
Speaker 14: Labor voters, terrible for Labour people to see just how bad this government really is. And you see Albow out there. You know, there's happy Albow when he's getting free tickets from Tato. This sad Albow when his voice didn't get up. Sixty percent of Australians voted down and it's part time Albow. He turned up for three days, so Parliament's that for three days. He turned up for one and a half days in a whole month. What a joke, what a face, what a circus.
Speaker 3: David Gazarre, we're seeing Newspole. We've been talking about it on the show tonight. You know, Newspoll. Coalition ahead for the first time, David Gazard.
Speaker 2: Do you think voters across.
Speaker 3: Australia are starting to see what the Prime Minister's like?
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's you know, there's no doubt about that. And that's been happening now for the last twelve months. Until we see the combination of that today with news poll where finally the polls across so the coalition leads on a two pp basis that unleashes all the animal spirits of politics when that occurs. I've been in that situation myself where it's gone against the government which I work for with John Howard. It is tough to get back, and as Cameron notes, there is no sign that this administration is capable of pulling that back. The government looks adrift and every time Anthony Elbanezi pops up, it's sort of selling a message that the electric aren't interested in and that sort of cuts against their chief concern of cost of living.
Speaker 3: And we're not seeing much from the Prime Minister, are we on cost of living?
Speaker 2: Cameron?
Speaker 14: No, And it's been an anis horribulous for him, and he started by losing the voice and now he's losing the vote. Shari, I mean, this guy doesn't have a clue how to lead his way out of a wet paper bag, let alone deal with the cost of living issue. He's off frolicking around the world on lobsters rather than dealing with bread and butter family table issues which Australians are crying out for leadership on. So that's why he's so down in the polls. I'm sure his poll bounced around a bit, David, but I think the trend is Dutton's friend and it's all bad and all one way traffic for labor.
Speaker 3: Cameron, I've got to remind everyone at home that you are a labor insider. You were state director in Queensland, Bill Shotton's chief of staff.
Speaker 2: I just want to quickly ask you.
Speaker 3: Isn't your sense that there are some labor and pace getting nervous about the next election and Albo's leadership.
Speaker 14: And not only Labor MPs. There are rank and file members, there are union leaders. There are greats like Paul Keating and Bill Kelty or calling this out. I mean this is not unique. Labour people are desperately worried that labor first term government is going to be flushed down the toilet because of what's being done here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's have a look at Labor MPP to Khalil, he's a federal MP. He's become the latest target of a vicious vandal attack by Hamas supporters. His Melbourne office has actually been spray painted with that inverted red triangle dowsed in an unknown substance. It's said to have a horrific stench. David Gazard. Peter Khalil isn't Jewish, but he has been a moderate voice of reason and this is how he's targeted.
Speaker 5: And he also occupies the seat of Wills, which the Greens would like to dearly win off the Labor Party, and the Greens have been very very strident in there in their cause to support Hamas and Hesbalah and have been very very anti Israel. That that's all fine, you can have your views, but what we're seeing here is a breakdown of law and order. There are there are cries for ethnic cleansing and genocide in Australia's streets now brought in by people under our immigration policies, a far cry from sort of the the country we know and love, and I think most Australians would be puzzled, concerned and worried about that. But we're now bumping up against the obligation of people to abide.
Speaker 1: By the rule of law.
Speaker 5: This is vandalism, it's intimidation and it's time for the police force to act on it. It's just simply not good enough that a member of Parliament is sort of being bullied and his offers vandalized and there's never there's never any action against the perpetrators.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if there have been arrests for this kind of behavior, because we've seen a lot of it now against MP's officers, then we're not hearing about those arrests.
Speaker 2: Cameron.
Speaker 3: What worries me is this when you look at the news websites today, it's just another news article as if it's perfectly normal that a politician's office should be targeted. It is intimidation, like David said, and it is scary, and.
Speaker 14: I couldn't agree more with David. I mean, I think we're at a juncture point in society. I mean, for goodness sake, the red triangle is a Hamas terrorist symbol. Play and simple, plain and simple. It's appearing on MP's doors, it's appearing on our Federal Parliament, it's appearing on professor's doors and universities. And yet Albo and everyone is let's all slide, let's all go through, doesn't want to call it out. It needs to be called out, and we need to hall terrorism for what it is, and we need to call out these people and detain them if we need to be.
Speaker 2: To port them exactly.
Speaker 3: And by the way, David Khalil is the envoy for Social cohesion in the federal government, and like I said, he is a sensible.
Speaker 2: And moderate voice. He's one of the good guys.
Speaker 3: All right, Cara Milna, David Gazzard, appreciate both of your thoughts tonight, and we'll check out your piece Cameron on the Nightly. Now still to come, a third assassination attempt on Donald Trump's life raises questions about his security.
Speaker 2: Why does he have to beg for more security? I have more on that next, Plus Kamala Harris caught out.
Speaker 3: In friendly interviews and sixty minutes faces accusations that it may have protected the VP.
Speaker 2: All of that coming up after this quick break.
Speaker 3: All right, let's turn to the United States now, where police have thwarted a third assassination attempt on Donald Trump. Van Miller was arrested by local police outside a Trump rally in California. He was caught allegedly trying to enter with loaded guns and a fake press pass. Let's bringing now Sky News contributed Kosher Gata Kosher. He has denied he was planning any assassination attempt. But I think the main issue here that Trump has been asking just for the same level of security as Joe Biden, and given they have now been three attempts on his life, surely this is the responsibility to give him maximum security.
Speaker 13: Yes, as you mentioned, there are some conflicting reports about this. The sheriff who apprehended him or his team is on record saying they believe that they did foil a third assassination attempt. The Secret Service and the FBI put out a statement a short time ago saying they don't believe it was an assassination attempt because this person was apprehended without incident. But you're absolutely right about the macro picture. I will say, on the positive side, you can see a little bit of an improvement from Butler, where he was within millions of his life to at the golf course where the Secret Service apprehended and somebody who breached the perimeter, and then here this person was at least taken out before he came into the perimeter. But yeah, I mean, this does not give people confidence broadly speaking, because we've never had three attempts. The last time we've had an attempt on a president was forty years ago for Ronald Reagan. And it's a reminder of how high the stakes are in this election, and they should be doing everything in the book at the security around Trump, and I'm not sure people are confident that that's happening.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think there are serious concerns that there might be another attempt in the next twenty two days.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: CBS News facing calls to release the full unedited transcript of its sixty minutes interview with Kamala Harris after it aired two different answers have a look.
Speaker 10: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanya who is not listening.
Speaker 12: We're not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this ward end Kosha.
Speaker 2: Her original answer was reportedly much longer.
Speaker 13: Yes, it was. And I think CBS has found itself in a little bit of a firestorm here because they as of this hour have refused to release the full unedited transcript and there is precedent of that. They've done it before with other candidates, including Trump when they interviewed him last time in twenty twenty, but they don't do it, and it does, I think call into question their journalistic standards a little bit, and it doesn't help come. I think because she has this perception. She's created this perception where she's sort of the stage managed candidate and only does friendly media. It's always highly produced and she doesn't step into adversarial press pools or do any sort of press conferences. So I don't think this is actually helping her shake that image. It's just going to reinforce it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and as you mentioned, you know, even in friendly interviews, she has been accused of struggling with those. There was this example. You might have seen this already, but if not, here it is where she was on the view If anything, would you have done something differently than President Biden during the past four years?
Speaker 2: There is done a thing that comes to mind and kosher here.
Speaker 3: Of course, the issue is that, you know, what is the difference between her between what she's offering as potential president and the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: How can she not answer that softball question?
Speaker 13: Yes, that is the one question that she should be prepared for. Everybody gets that question when you're running as the VP, the second in command, coming in at a time when the majority of the country thinks the country is on the wrong track. They're not happy with the results in the performance of the country under the previous administration. She absolutely should know that the answer to that question, and it was quite stunning when you think about it, where it just sounded like it didn't even occur to her and she just on the fly was saying, oh, well, nothing comes to mind. And it was a huge miss opportunity by her, and the Trump campaign wasted no time turning it into an ad where they just play that on loop with Donald Trump's voice saying I'm Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Improved this message. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, and there are concerns among the Democrat Party, definitely the Democrat media that she might be losing momentum as well, given she hasn't managed to outline any vision for what her presidency would look like.
Speaker 13: Yes, I think all the poll is tightening. There's been leaks of internal polls, which is the really good stuff, the professional pollsters that the campaigns pay and commission. They're much better quality polls than the public stuff that we see on the outside. And it's definitely tightening. The fact that she's doing this media blitz, which is a departure from where she started her campaign, I think is a signal about that. But I still say, don't be fooled. This is a very very tight race, and notwithstanding all of that, it could honestly go either way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll follow it closely over the next few weeks. All right, Kosha Dada, thank you so much for joining me, and that's it for me again. Good to see you back from Israel. I'll be here again tomorrow at eight o'clock. But right now, here's James Murray. James Morrow, sorry, hosting for Paul Murray.