Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing.
Speaker 1: Style boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable, catching them muck.
Speaker 2: I love being love. I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we are sitting down with the hosts of the Two Broke Chicks podcast, Sal and Owl.
Speaker 4: With the cost of living going up, we are essentially all going to be broke girls, so why not get some damn good advice from the experts themselves.
Speaker 3: We can't wait to chat about all things dating, career goals, and finance dreams with Sal and Al and hear them share their best tips for having fun on a budget.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned. Where's Your Head.
Speaker 3: At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 4: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 5: Hi guys, Hello, thanks for having it down in mill I feel like we've already like a full podcast.
Speaker 6: We're all.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, We'll find a way to put it in somewhere we'll wear your headsack. Guys.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, we're fully caffeinated.
Speaker 1: So we're feeling good. Yeah, we're on.
Speaker 8: High, feeling a bit chilly. Yeah, we've really been like mind over mattery, be like I'm hot, are you I need to take off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was really like full, had the notes, sap out with little person packing otherwise, like I'll get down here and I'll be like, well, I've got no wonders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why did I pack you to do a pun show?
Speaker 2: Are the one.
Speaker 1: Time like that could come in? Hay? Look, we want to get to know you.
Speaker 3: Guys a bit, so I thought we'd start with just some like relationshippy questions. We want to know like, are you guys single, you're in a relationship, a situationship?
Speaker 1: What's the go?
Speaker 5: Okay, you can take well aside from our love story, yeah, al and I basically in a committed relationship.
Speaker 1: We get we get confused be in a relationship all the It's probably because we are cuddling.
Speaker 6: Everywhere in a bar, like snuggled up somewhere, and then people like, oh, actually you guys are dating.
Speaker 1: We're like, why where did you get that? We met at work?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we both worked in an office together and then we both have like separate work wives, and then they both went on holidays and then we're like, well, we might as well get a coffee. And then a month later we had matching tattoos and we're like yeah, they came back and we were like.
Speaker 1: You dropped and we're like that, what's the matching tattoos? It's so ship. It's just a rose we have. We have six matching tattoos now. It takes us through the all I want to know.
Speaker 5: There's so many, but our most recent one we got on Alex the other day is we both got pleasure and pain.
Speaker 6: So got pa, I've got pain and how did you get stuck with pain?
Speaker 1: That was like the pain? I actually love that. When are we getting matching tattoos?
Speaker 2: When we get.
Speaker 4: We said we're going to get w I h a on us. Oh, I love it, and we're going to do it for a into listeners as well, pay for them to get it done.
Speaker 1: I love We're always down for a tattoo.
Speaker 2: Like I love like quotation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not.
Speaker 3: Ship, by the way, we love that.
Speaker 2: I've got my mates name there and then I've got living.
Speaker 1: I love that. Okay, but your relationship.
Speaker 5: But to answer the question seriously, I've been in a relationship for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Ingrats, So not like a high school sweetheart, because we didn't go to school together, but we met around that time.
Speaker 1: That's really cute. So you met when you were fifteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we actually met on MySpace. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your top friend for a bit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Actually no, we were talking about this the other day.
Speaker 5: We're like, that was fucking ruthless, by the way, and he was like, yeah, and I was never even your number one.
Speaker 7: I was like, yeah, I know, I reas I had my chemical romances, my number one.
Speaker 1: I was like priority, top friend. But I mean it worked.
Speaker 2: I had Tom. I just had my Space.
Speaker 1: He's okay, yeah, there is Tom. I think it's a photographer, now, is he? He's honestly, he's laughing.
Speaker 2: Yeah he sold my space Facebook. Yeah, don't you better check that. But I think he's well off.
Speaker 1: I don't think Tom's sitting in a room listening to.
Speaker 6: Chef is like working in the kitchen, like making it the most amazing eggs. Benedict was like, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I have to ask you, what is there?
Speaker 3: What is the tip for keeping a relationship going for that long, because that is like impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think there's so many things.
Speaker 5: And when we first started dating, we actually were doing like kind of long distance, so we were like an hour and a half apart. Then I moved up to Sydney and we were three hours apart, so it was like a lot of work. So I think because we actually had to put in a lot of effort in the first parts of our relationship, by the time we moved in, we were like this is sweet. Everyone was like, oh, you guys are moving in.
Speaker 1: Like that's the real sign.
Speaker 5: We were like, we're eight years in now, like I think we're probably going to If anything, it's only gotten like better since then. And I think it's because we're really good friends. So we just like laugh and giggle and have like really good memories together every single day.
Speaker 7: So I think that's like the key.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you keep it, you keep it fresh, Like yeah, like you're not like ah the ball and Jane like you you still go on dates, Like yeah, you still like act like you're in your first year of relationship.
Speaker 5: Exactly, and like we're both very affectionate as well, so it doesn't feel like I'm just living with a friend either. We're like very touchy feely, which is really nice as well.
Speaker 7: I think we're just really compatible luckily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you guys got like a collage of like every single year of the relationship and how oh.
Speaker 7: My god, I feel like our Instagram so that. Yeah, but it's really funny.
Speaker 5: Our hair has like morphed over time because we both were massive emails when we first met, so we had like the sweeter bags and everything, and then like we went through like a darker hair phase together and now we're both like embracing our natural color and curls.
Speaker 1: It's like we like looked at it.
Speaker 7: We're like, I need a shake.
Speaker 1: Our hair journey relationship. Yeah, we really like a hair metal band together.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's pretty cool. Fifteen years that's you engaged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I want to get married.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think I always say never, say never, because like hate when you change your mind and people like you say.
Speaker 7: But it's like never been on my vision board.
Speaker 1: It's online though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been planning this from the start.
Speaker 1: Don't do for you.
Speaker 2: He doesn't mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's kind of like he's the same He's like, oh, I don't really care.
Speaker 1: To like have you don't need a piece of paper. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But also he's like, if we changed our minds, then we can. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just make Alex happy exactly.
Speaker 5: I think it's also really important to be on the same page with that, Yeah, because I think if you're not, and if somebody really wants to get married and the other person doesn't, like, that's going to cause ten Yeah, speaking to the.
Speaker 9: Choie, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get yeah, Yeah, I'm the same. I don't think marriage anytime soon. Yeah, it's not really I don't need a piece of paper in a ring to tell that stuff.
Speaker 2: And are on the other hand, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing that whole.
Speaker 3: But that's also like been something that I've dreamed of. Yeah, there's nothing alse so wrong with wanting that.
Speaker 1: It's so funny.
Speaker 6: It's the same with people that want babies and don't want babies, Like that's both a choice and neither of them are wrong. Correct, It doesn't take away from anything, because I think as well, some people that do have that mindset of I don't want to get married can kind of use it as a bit of a weapon and like better than being like I don't need that, like and you do, but it's not that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love going to a wedding and having like a good cry different.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, well, I'm over here drunk. I went to I definitely vomited and I looked so good. I was like literally so hot in like this like snake print dress. And then I was like, I'm gonna be sick. My X was there too, so I was like, gott to bring this home. And then I was like I was like.
Speaker 1: To be a bit of a nightmare, right, going to a wedding in your ex.
Speaker 6: And then somehow we managed to be sitting next to each other in ceremony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ceremony.
Speaker 1: It was like free, you could anywhere who I sat down first, and then like everyone kind of sad.
Speaker 6: It was really funny because I could see him panic, like all the chance we're getting filled.
Speaker 1: I was like, you a loser, you got nowhere to see it. And then I was like, oh, this is next to me. I was like no, just.
Speaker 6: And I just went just it like he looked at it and looked at me, and I was like, just sit down.
Speaker 1: Terms look.
Speaker 6: It was an interesting, interesting time of Scarred South basically like the lesson is an X should stay an next don't bother with the on again off again relationship after it.
Speaker 1: Like when we did end.
Speaker 2: My twitch.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like you wouldn't dig up a dead body, so just like leave it there. This is true.
Speaker 6: But yeah, when we ended it like ended on okay terms, which I think is kind of the worst, especially when you're going to be in the same space, like you've got mutual friends, you work with them, whatever it is, because then there's kind of that little like But then I think when you do that on again off again like it will end badly because like you either get back together, which nine times out of ten it's not really a good idea, and then or it just crashes and burns as it will anyway.
Speaker 1: So yes and no, Yeah, we've.
Speaker 7: Got some good stories for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, please stop.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day. It's all right.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: I was like, content is a bit dry. What are you doing? Don't drink? So are you single?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: I was single for like three years and then I met my now partner like nearly a year ago, which is wie. I loved being single.
Speaker 6: I was like I was good at being single like I, and it took a while to get there too, Like when I went through that breakup, I was so heartbroken. I lived on sales couch for like five days after her boyfriend was like cuddling me, like on the couch every night.
Speaker 1: We did a friends quiz to cheer me up.
Speaker 6: The results the results was you are Emma, you are a child? And I was like, okay, kick a girl when she's down.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and do you know what? Years later we went to do it again and I was like, I was in a really dark time. I bet it's not going to be the same. I'm going to get Joey.
Speaker 7: Like it's fine because I got Chandler.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to get Joey. And then did it again you are Emma, you are a child? And I was like, this thing is fucking rude. Bet it's not even an option.
Speaker 2: And then did you answer different questions the next time?
Speaker 1: I couldn't remember, but yeah.
Speaker 6: So I met my now partner and met him just through like mutual friends, walked into a house party, dark hair, blue eyes, tall, and so I was like, fuck, I turned and you get a fucking I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 1: Try that our ginerary game plan. Poor boy had no chance. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: It was just like and it's the worst as well, was the worst, but like the next like morning, we just were like talking for hours and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, Ida, gets out of here. I'm having fun.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh no, and like he's the same, He's like that, Yeah, he's like I knew I was screwed because like, yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: It always happened. Well, sh here we are now.
Speaker 2: So that's really cute.
Speaker 1: I love that. How was dating before you actually met him? Was it like part out there? What's everyone going for me in the day. It's kind of the same as I would say, relationships is good and bad.
Speaker 6: Like relationships you have good, you have bad, and then sometimes it's just something you don't engage with anymore.
Speaker 1: And that was some dates that I would go on, but.
Speaker 6: Like for me, it was always fun, Like I really tried to go in with the mindset that like dating should be fun, but also like your time is really valuable. Because I got to a point in my life that I really loved spending time on my own, which was difficult to get to after a breakup.
Speaker 1: That my time was so valuable on my own that.
Speaker 6: You would have to be something pretty special for me to give you that time, because it's actually like invaluable.
Speaker 1: I'm never going to get that two hours back.
Speaker 6: So if I go on a ship date then compared to sitting at home watching the Vampire dis.
Speaker 1: Having the best time so far, amazing. They're having like a little heater on and like my cute socky is amazing.
Speaker 7: Right, you're like swipe out Scooby Doo.
Speaker 1: We actually discovered Matt has the shootest taste in movies and that's.
Speaker 2: The best.
Speaker 6: And I out of fogus fogus, you know what. It wasn't like a fucking Wolf of Wall Street or American sid.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I got in vite to the hocus Pocus premiere and you know when you're in the movies and got like the girls dancing to it experience.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I guess I guess that.
Speaker 2: Want to read the review, you would have heard why I loved it.
Speaker 1: Okay, go back and read actually and read all of them and.
Speaker 2: Made me low.
Speaker 1: Liked her boobies. Literally, you're like not factually correct, still enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Tell us a bit about your worst dates.
Speaker 1: Than At one point, I was like, am I the problem could be definitely not.
Speaker 6: I went on a date with this doctor once because you know how everyone's mom is like doctor, and I was like, my mom can finally make you proud? It was horrible, like all he did was pull up photos of like operations he'd done and surgeries of like patients that were unconscious, and he'd taken photos of them, like and I'm squeamish too, So I was like, I want to see this let alone.
Speaker 1: This is very unethical.
Speaker 3: He's a surgeon. Yeah, I dated a surgeon one I wonder if it's the same one.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it was. But yeah, it was just like his entire personality was being a doctor. I was like so, and he was like, being a doctor, you don't really have a lot of time to watch movies. And I was like, come on, dude, I'm trying to hear. Like I always enjoy when they've at least like prepped and organized, so like book the table if we're going to go to a business or whatever. Anyway, hadn't done that, which like I could have done that too, but I didn't ask me on the date, so that.
Speaker 1: You have to take the lady very attractive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's very attractive for the bloke to walk in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very attractive to walk in. And there's a bottle of wine sitting at the table.
Speaker 1: That's attractive. But yeah, and so he hadn't done that.
Speaker 6: So then we had to wait for like twenty minutes just at the door stone sober like rain. It was raining, it was horrible, and I had just been at soals and I was like, oh my god, I just want to stay and hanging.
Speaker 10: Up with you.
Speaker 7: Well the rings at home, and I was like day press.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whereas I believe when I would take people on dates, I always had a bar that I would take them to, like I knew the like I like, I had the whole thing set, yeah, the usual, and it was like a dive rock and roll bar, like it was hot. And then I'd like walking and I'd be like, hey, s can we get too.
Speaker 1: And then he's like yeah, he's like oh good. And I was like shots for the table as well, spring shots over and they'd be like do you know him?
Speaker 3: I'm like yeah, that's so funny. Bit Sid never ratted you out to the date, Oh no, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Advice afterwards what he thought of.
Speaker 6: No, I'd just be like yeah, and I'd be like like yeah, I'm like I'm gonna go out the back, tell him I got sick do that. But yeah, that's the thing, like if you're going to take someone on a date, go somewhere that you're like really comfortable, so confident you go there like all the time, and that you're just like it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a second. You have a good set up there because I've done that before. I took like a couple of dates to this Greek restaurant and like the guy literally outed me. He's like, I've seen you guys here before, and I was like I was like, yeah, I've been here before. And he's like, oh, the same guy. And I'm like, oh my god. I was fully outed. So I was like, you know what's so I can't do that.
Speaker 4: I actually have to send my sister where it's good to take him. And she sends me like a list back and where.
Speaker 5: Do I go?
Speaker 2: That's good?
Speaker 1: So at Licia like consulting a reliable source.
Speaker 2: Yeah this is true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the local the NRLs one tonight.
Speaker 4: The story I was telling you the day when I invite that kill to the local pub, and then she was and she was like, no, I'm busy, like two streets away.
Speaker 10: You know, I didn't want to do the full song and dance. I just wanted to get to the I enjoyed that. She's like she's getting at this point, this is back.
Speaker 2: In the day.
Speaker 1: She's like, wait, Matt asked me to go to the bus.
Speaker 3: Do you guys have any advice for people who are like really wanting to meet the one and they just really can't find them.
Speaker 1: I feel like when.
Speaker 6: You're searching for something that you can't find within yourself, like you're not really going to be able to find it like you should be. And I know this is like the advice I gets given all the time, but it's like, you should be the own love of your life.
Speaker 1: And then everything else is like a bonus.
Speaker 6: So like in that three years I was single, I would say, like the good first year of it, Like I was never gonna find someone to be with because I was still so hung up on my ex, still feeling really lonely, didn't really enjoy my own company.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't only until like three years later that.
Speaker 6: I was like living laying I was like I love my life that I was able to be open to meet the one. So it's like you kind of have to be ready for that and then it like attracts that. But I'm not really into the whole manifestation Mumbo jumpo. Really you forget that people have listened to us talk about this.
Speaker 1: You can't change.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in it. Like I have had experiences where it's worth yeah, and it's happened.
Speaker 1: You've literally said your whole life is in manifest.
Speaker 6: I just think I just think it's like manifestation is just like another another like cute word for just changing your actions to get what you want. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like if you're like I want to do this, you'll just go do that. Yeah, putting in the.
Speaker 2: World, Yeah, you're putting it out of the universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's more about just like you envision your goals and then you like put things in place to do it.
Speaker 1: It's like people like I want to do this, but then they don't have like a route to go. Yeah, the once you like, you know, put it in motion.
Speaker 4: I do believe like the dialogue and that like even you guys even like changing from like I'm broke to I'm on a budget.
Speaker 6: Rebrand whenever we need to like change our moods, like if we're in a nag mood and we need to like snap out of it, like.
Speaker 2: Rebrand classified as manifesting, isn't it putting?
Speaker 1: Or all right, get like one of those little bells for a debate and I've got the time, I hang as to the podcast is too broke to?
Speaker 3: Yes? How does someone date when going out for dates is so expensive? And sometimes like people don't always pay, like, you know, how do how do people date when they broke?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 6: I would always recommend splitting the bill. I don't think you should ever let the guy date I mean, or the guy or the girl or whoever you're going on a date with pay for you. I always think split the bill because there's just no obligation.
Speaker 1: Outside of that.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, and if you are going to split the bill, which again you should be, then make sure you're going somewhere that you can afford to split the bill. So if they do recommend somewhere that is really expensive, recommend something else and just be like, actually, I saw this really cool place that's maybe sushi or like it is the pub and they've got happy hour and it's like seven dollar.
Speaker 1: Ones, which big fan. Most Thursday nights every pub will have one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, which like that's even better to like.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a vibe been, like it's happy about the pub. Do you want to go there? Like that's fine.
Speaker 7: They're also a heard out like happy hours over bye.
Speaker 1: People on dates. Don't wait for them to ask you and like be like, let's go to Nobu and you're like to be like, Hey, I'm going to get a drink at the pub on Thursday. You can join me if you like. Yeah, I love that, Like that's just a good vibe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's yeah, And I think it's okay to be like that's out of my budget, like for this week.
Speaker 7: I've got a goal to save this much by the end of the month. So like I'd actually prefer to go here.
Speaker 5: Just be open and honest, because if anybody's going to get the ick over that, like you don't want to be with you don't want to be with them anyway.
Speaker 1: I just don't do a walking date. I hate a walking given it over, it's giving. Why am I always walking up the hill when it's my turn to talk and I'm there and I played basketball. It was really fun. That's because you probably always picked the time to talk and it's.
Speaker 2: Flat mostly me talking.
Speaker 1: When it gets to the hill and you're like, but what about you?
Speaker 6: It's like a no go date, like a day that you're just like no, oh my god, okay, we have so many Yeah, but.
Speaker 7: Definitely a walking day or anything involving exercise.
Speaker 1: We would also say.
Speaker 2: Climbing date on time, and I was like, yeah, that's for me.
Speaker 6: You're literally hanging upside down harnessed uncomfortably, so any this.
Speaker 5: But we also would say like gigs or movies or really loud bars, like anywhere where you can't have a conversation or you're.
Speaker 7: Being like what like over the top and they're like my grandma, just like the awkward like I could be. I don't want to ask again.
Speaker 1: That's certainly no yecause all those things are fun. No houses on the first one, No yeah, no houses on the first house.
Speaker 2: It's pretty like DT, you're here for one thing.
Speaker 3: So like safety, Yeah, what about the beach day? A beach days and no for me on a first day, like I don't want to be in my bikini, I.
Speaker 1: Wear a rash.
Speaker 2: Beach, just sitting there and relaxing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I don't want to be getting in my bikini when I'm getting.
Speaker 1: To know, like a little beach picnic, little little not like Rosey. Yeah, I am not getting in my Yeah, Okay, I straight up will wear boy board shorts very like Blue Crush. It's actually a red flag.
Speaker 6: If you're not in.
Speaker 7: There, like no, if you're going to work, actually.
Speaker 6: Roll me out to zero and I'm like, ah, better, Like I think we should see other people.
Speaker 2: But you're okay for a picnic on the beach.
Speaker 1: That's fine because I can be full of clothed and drink a bottle of wine. It's great. I'm perfect.
Speaker 7: Some nibbles you don't lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about the whole iffy thing when they're cleaning their feet when they walk off the beach.
Speaker 1: That's hard. That's fine, you know what it is? I just thought of.
Speaker 6: So if they're walking up like the heel on sand and and like their feet are really sinking down, what.
Speaker 2: Happens if it's hot sand and they're running like.
Speaker 1: And like burned? The three layers of ok, do a cold walk for me? Do you even want this.
Speaker 6: Work for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The sal had it we spice things up for those in relationships.
Speaker 1: What can we do to like turn up the heat? Is there something like a go to that you guys have.
Speaker 2: Happened.
Speaker 1: I've tried, but it's like me pushing Chris.
Speaker 7: Chris is out there.
Speaker 6: Like, oh yeah, He's like I've been here for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, it's a long time. Yeah kidding, we love Chris.
Speaker 7: He's like, fuck, you guys, going to change the lots before we come home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it really depends on the relationship.
Speaker 5: But I think just like being open with what you want and like, I think it's really sexy when somebody is like I really loved when you did this, or like I really want you to do this to me, and if you're into it, I'm like fuck yeah.
Speaker 6: But that can also be in every essence of the word, Like that doesn't even need to be sexual. I think understanding your partner's love language and what that is, because even though your love language might be physical touch, there's might be words of affirmation.
Speaker 1: So even though you might be like humping their legs.
Speaker 6: They're like dirty, Yeah, They're like my eyes look pretty, and like that's how they feel.
Speaker 1: Loved so like it's and I feel like you guys are pretty on par with that.
Speaker 5: I feel pretty lucky that we, like one have that communication. But we're so in tune with like our sexual libidos and stuff as well, Like we.
Speaker 7: Don't really have a mismatch with that.
Speaker 5: But I also think that that can like ebb and flow throughout a relationship, So that's also important to discuss and be like, yeah, I'm just not feeling it and it's not you.
Speaker 7: You're still sexy. I just am not feeling sexual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to each other.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, yeah, can you talk more about ebbs and flows in relationship because I think it's something that's not discussed enough, especially being in a very long term relationship.
Speaker 2: How is that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: I think it can come in so many.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, how do you do that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: I think because Chris and I had like a long distance relationship for so long, that was really hard as well, Like we would have we had so many different stages in our relationship, even just forced upon us, so there would be like weeks at a time that we couldn't be together therefore we couldn't have sex, and like that was.
Speaker 1: Really hard as well.
Speaker 5: But I think I always come back to communication, like you just need to be like, I'm going through something right now. And there's been times when I've been like really stressed and I'm like, I just don't like, I'm not like in the mood for anything exactly, like just cuddle me. And he's like, yeah, that's so fine because I'm not like turning him away and then not telling him that I'll be like in the moment, I'm like, I have anxiety, like I just don't.
Speaker 1: Want to happen.
Speaker 5: He's like that's so fine, yeah, and he like understands. I think he feels really involved. And it goes two ways as well, like he'll do the same for me, although it's very rare that he doesn't want to get down.
Speaker 4: But you have your moments stress, I'm not, Yeah, I'm not. Last second, I'm bad out.
Speaker 1: Then the retainers in.
Speaker 2: Brushed.
Speaker 1: Now I'll do sex with the retainer, I'm like, whatever, really okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, not in the morning though.
Speaker 1: If they do, like you look so sexy, I'd be like, that's it done. I think that's how I know that.
Speaker 2: The retainer.
Speaker 7: You got to pop it out.
Speaker 1: Overload of everything. You just be like, well, I can feel with my teeth.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I take it out, and then like the cuddle covers, like yeah, here it comes.
Speaker 1: I'm about to get p in the that's when you know the morning croak in the back.
Speaker 7: And then like see it's always like the arm rough and then.
Speaker 1: The sort of like the brush and then you just and then but then maybe you do a brush on the boot.
Speaker 5: The arm.
Speaker 1: I don't worry, stop down, and you're like, all right, let's works every time always. So this is a good chat.
Speaker 3: Let's let's take a break and we are going to come back and talk all things podcasts related next.
Speaker 2: So when do you guys start your podcast and where'd you get the title from?
Speaker 6: So I think we started two years ago in October, which is wild, and then the name just kind of fell into its.
Speaker 7: I feel like we used to always call each other that anyway.
Speaker 5: Chicks like, yeah, that's very much our brand, Like we're both shopperholics, but we also love a good bargain and we're like try and get a bargain.
Speaker 7: That's always been like broke chicks.
Speaker 1: The show's two broken legal reasons. I've never really watched it.
Speaker 2: I did like it was fun, Yeah, I watched. Yeah, the girl one of the girls was exactly my type.
Speaker 6: So the brunette, she's so beautiful and I was like, well, this is like that's my mother mummy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and I feel like that was our bit. We'd always be like two broke something like.
Speaker 6: We were literally a mystery island and our friend was like two broke mermaids and I turned to sounds like two broke twogongs, Like that's just the bit, Like it's always like whatever context we're in, it's like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's just it's never funny to anyone, just uske ourselves. Yeah, that's what's important. What was the goal with the podcast?
Speaker 6: So we wanted to make something that was like the hindsight life lessons you wish you knew, Like you know how something will happen that I don't know. Maybe you're not getting your bond back and you should have taken from it as of the.
Speaker 1: Apartment when you moved in, and you're like, funk, I wish I knew to do that.
Speaker 6: We wanted to make a podcast that was literally all about that, but also like you were sitting down with your friends at a bar and they were telling you that being like, oh my god, I actually saw this thing and it's really good. It saving me heaps of money, and in the next second you're talking about like the worst first day of your life. Like that kind of blend between good tips and also just like hanging out with the chicks.
Speaker 5: Love it, And we don't want to ever feel like we're lecturing people as well, because we've listened.
Speaker 7: To shows in the past where we felt like that and you turn it off and you're like.
Speaker 6: It's like you don't have twenty five thousand dollars in savings and you've got an investment portfolio and you're like, well, that's just not motivating.
Speaker 7: No, no, So we also want to be like, we've made all of these mistakes.
Speaker 5: You can continue to, yeah, continue, so you may as well learn the life lessons from us.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: How long has the podcast been going now for so it'll be two years in Yeah, yeah, rat it's so exciting.
Speaker 1: Anniversary whole ground good anniversary. Probably get drunk. We gotta both. We'll find a happy hour, yeah at the pub Thursday, if anyone wants to. Was this a COVID project that kind of Yeah, We.
Speaker 5: Actually recorded pretty much the entire first season in lockdown second, which is.
Speaker 6: So hard because we riff so much with each other, so it's like when we're not in person, like we'd still riff, but it's just a bit different, like you can't and like we talk.
Speaker 1: With our entire bodies.
Speaker 6: Like I'm Italian, so I'm here like literally throwing deuces to every word I say. So. Yeah, it was definitely a different experience that when we were able to get into a studio and finally like get rocking and rolling, we were like.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you still work together?
Speaker 1: So we just work on the podcast now jobs. Yeah, with our jobs yeah, two broach chicks full time. Yeah yeah, scary.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We sometimes like go pop into our old office so like to see friends catch up, or like we'll have a delivery there to pick up packages.
Speaker 1: And everyone's like.
Speaker 6: That scene in the Green Story season is like adopted parents his moms and he's like, you do alive.
Speaker 5: They just hear the cackling out there and they're like they're coming, like barricade.
Speaker 7: The doors were like kick it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to pick up your pretty little things.
Speaker 1: I'm like I don't need this sheet. Have you guys done a live show?
Speaker 4: Tour.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, not yet.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's like kind of on the bingo car that we're going to be doing our first kind of live show for the premiere of the summer Returned Pretty season two with prime video grab.
Speaker 1: Super exciting. We're going to be talking about first loves.
Speaker 6: Cute, yeah, and all the chicks are like sent in their first love stories and the life lessons they learned. And then we'll go watch the first episode of the summer Returned Pretty, which have you guys.
Speaker 1: Watched My oh my god, it's so that you love it really? Yeah, Love Triangles, first Love. It's like a teen room coming. Yeah, it's Jesus kind of not my favorite show all the Fields. Wait, hold on, we had this argument the other day. Are you a Summer or a Marissa? Like, who do you play?
Speaker 6: No Summer.
Speaker 7: It's because you haven't watched enough of the show.
Speaker 1: Sorry, little rich girl. She has a lot of trauma. Hard dad embezzled money, and her mum was a bit mean to her.
Speaker 7: Don't talk, Julie, I love I love you.
Speaker 1: I do love Summer as well. Yeah, I do love some Someone knew what she wanted.
Speaker 6: She took no ship, and she always had her friends back, but she was hot at Yeah, she is haughty, but it was like.
Speaker 1: Which cut boy do I want to kids? I don't know my lives.
Speaker 7: I relate to the sad girl, but you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I mean I love them both to say summer, so it can be even having a mental like who did who was summer with set?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Set?
Speaker 7: And then Marissa was with yeah, and I should have been I love set.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 1: No, you lost me there.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was sometimes on when you'd be at home sick from school and you're like faking, and then Mum would see what it was, Okay, beautiful cooking.
Speaker 1: Instead it was ready steady cook cook.
Speaker 7: Forever.
Speaker 1: That's a nick.
Speaker 2: Forget about politics.
Speaker 3: Do you guys have any advice for anyone listening to this who wants to start a side hustle and quit their nine to five like you guys have, because that's pretty epic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's rude.
Speaker 6: I would think literally go into it being like this is what I want to do and put the time aside. I feel like we're all really tired, like we're all really working really hard, and everything's just getting more and more expensive.
Speaker 1: It's like on the first of July, electricity bills are going on twenty to twenty five percent, which is super cool.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, it's wow okay, And I feel like it's really easy to kind of get bogged down by like all that negativity, how expensive things, how tired we are. So if you're wanting to do a side hustle, find something you really really love, because as soon as you start working on something, it's actually scientifically proven that you enjoy it less.
Speaker 7: So you have gone into a job and make money from it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people will go from having an internship at their dream job and they're like, I love it, and then they get put on retainer or you know, actually get paid and they're like, don't like.
Speaker 1: This as much anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So find something that you like love one hundred and twenty percent so that when you maybe lose that twenty percent, you still love it one hundred percent, and then set the time aside to do it regularly so it becomes routine. And once you build a routine, like I promise you that growth will just be a flow on a face.
Speaker 4: It's a weird thought though, because you wouldn't in your head if you're not making money from it, you wouldn't think it's like, I guess worth your time though.
Speaker 1: Passion project, Yeah, it's wild. How like the brain, as soon.
Speaker 2: As you rely on the money, I think you're like, Okay, this is a job.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, take some of the funny, but then maybe like yeah, starts feeling like a job.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it's really important to have a goal as well, and like whether that's monetary or a number or something that you can work towards, because I think if it's a passion project, it can be really easy to lose that motivation or lose sight of what you want it to be. It doesn't have to be huge if you want to be a content creator or something. If it's like, oh, I want to have five hundred followers by yeah at the end of next month, like that can be the goal. Make it really achievable, but just have something otherwise it will fall by the wayside.
Speaker 6: I think there's a really good journal that's like it's Violent Tictois to do It for Yourself journal and it's like a motivation journal, and like as you go through it, the first page is like you see it and you really think about what you want and you just write down one word and like whatever that is, that could be anything, and then the next thing is ten points of how you're going to do that. And so then as you go through this whole journal, or you go through a whole journey, you can refer back to that one word and be like, what was like the center core of why I wanted to do this? And if you keep reminding yourself of that, I feel like that's really motivating because I'm lazy by nature, Like that's who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm like getting out of bed.
Speaker 6: Also, like I could just oberates my coffee rather than walking ten minutes.
Speaker 1: To get it. Like I am lazy by nature. I know it's terrible.
Speaker 4: No, I'll never pay delivery fees when I can do it myself.
Speaker 1: Well, unrelatable relate to that? I wish I could relate to. Yeah, don't worry. That's probably why our bank account is very different. It's a great saver, I think about, Matt.
Speaker 2: I'll just knuckle down. No, yeah, I get from looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that does happen.
Speaker 6: Like when you get routine in your savings and you see that number going up, you're like this is hot.
Speaker 3: On.
Speaker 6: But yeah, so I think if you know that knowing the things that you need to do to keep on that on that motivation is really good.
Speaker 1: Speaking of goals, what is the goal for twenty twenty three for you guys? We're aloys halfway through.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I think it's just like keep having fun. Like I know that it's really easy to have goals.
Speaker 6: And we kind of did an episode on this and it was like your mid year reset and refresh, because you start the year and you give yourself.
Speaker 1: Like five goals and you're like, I'm going to be lean me and fighting machine. And you get half order and I'm like I'm not clean or mean and I'm not a fighting machine. So you're really tired. And then I was just like, I don't want to have goals. I just want to have fun.
Speaker 6: Like I want to have a list of things I want to do that are happening at the end of the year, so like if there's a fun festival happening, or like markets, like go do that more, or just find the things that like I want to.
Speaker 1: Enjoy a little bit more in life.
Speaker 6: Buy some fresh flowers on a Sunday, like to kind of take out the responsibility in life a little.
Speaker 1: Bit because there's just too much you have fun and yeah, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 5: We've rebranded our goals to bucket list, so we still will have like a bucket list item of save x by the end of the year. But then also in that bucket list is have a huge picnic where we all go to Low's and dress up in like bad Hawaiian shirts.
Speaker 7: With our friends.
Speaker 5: Like those are on the same list. So it's like, it's not all stuff that you feel like I have to do. I have to do this chores, and I think that just makes it really.
Speaker 7: Fun as well.
Speaker 4: I start off every day with right my to do list of the day, so I get like my smooth and I sit there and write like my to do list of stuff that I have to do for the day.
Speaker 2: But I reckon it feels like a chore.
Speaker 6: If it's on there, you get the dope, I mean hit when you get fun stuff on there as.
Speaker 9: Well, you need to put fun, you guys.
Speaker 2: This was on the on there.
Speaker 7: I thought this was going to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're having fun.
Speaker 4: Be fun.
Speaker 1: A single toe.
Speaker 2: I'd be getting done because it's finished, it's completed, it's done.
Speaker 7: Just kidding me.
Speaker 1: But another one with on our podcast, Okay, guys, we have to wrap up. We have one last question for you.
Speaker 3: Can you give two things so people in their twenty is the best piece of advice and then in their thirty is the best piece of advice?
Speaker 1: Do you want to go first?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 5: I think my favorite one is that no one actually gives a fuck what you're doing in your twenties. I think so many of us are comparing ourselves to what other people are doing, or we have expectations of by twenty five.
Speaker 1: I need to do this.
Speaker 7: No one actually cares, so you need to just do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 5: And then I'm only in my first year of my thirties now, but I think having fun is so important. I think so many of us focus on our career and stuff like that in our twenties, and I'm like, I actually just want to make more time for my friends and family now, like I've spent a decade doing that, Like I want to make more time for the things that I actually.
Speaker 7: Love just doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: The first peek, just run your own race to pay yourself to anyone else. The only person you're racing is like the person you work.
Speaker 3: It is funny though, because in school everyone's like doing the same things, like exactly at the same time. And then you finish school and you realize that everyone has such different interests and things they're good at and passions, and yeah, we do run our own race. So it's super interesting and important to remember. Like I'm thirty one now and I remember thinking at twenty seven I was going to have like two kids.
Speaker 1: And be married and my house and a house, and like, it's just I'm so glad I'm not. I'm so glad I didn't do that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think once you free yourself from that expectation, you can actually just enjoy whatever you want to do.
Speaker 6: And I think the last piece of advice we always love to give is that he's not the love of your life.
Speaker 1: It's just three am and your board. That's it. I fucking love that, guys.
Speaker 2: Remember that, I think something witty to say that I let them have that advice.
Speaker 1: Guys, thank you so much. This has been so much fun, the best time We've go check out two Broke Chicks podcasts.
Speaker 3: They have heaps and heaps of really fun, amazing and interesting episodes.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming in, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll be doing a spicy smetrial class with Anna and Matt on ours. Yeah, so go head over and check that out.
Speaker 2: Now, out of our natural habitats.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, we'll talk to you later.
Speaker 10: Hi,