Speaker 1: General, Welcome to the late base.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. I'm Kayla Bond with Frei Leitch and Caroline Marcus. Of course you've just heard the news there from Paul there were no survivors on that Air India flight. Will cross shortly to London with Sophie Illsworth where the plane was headed. In the papers, a children's hospital backing a doctor who was excoriated by the family Court over transgender medicine, and later in the show Chris Min's the New South Wales Premier responds to news that magic mushrooms have been growing the New South Wales Parliament. Now, of course, as I just mentioned, Paul just showed you the grab on air of government spokesman from India saying that there were no survivors on this Air India flight aa AI. I should say one seven one the basic details, of course, there are one hundred and sixty nine Indian nationals on the flight, fifty three Britain, seven Portuguese nationals and one Canadian. Earlier in the day, the Health Minister in India had said that there were many killed. Of course, repeating that news that we now hear there are no survivors on board the flight. The plane came down in a civilian era era area sorry, just minutes after takeoff. At least thirty bodies have been recovered from a building into which the.
Speaker 1: Plane is said to have crashed.
Speaker 2: That building, according to authorities, was holding doctors. According to the flight radar data, the plane was seen on the ground at three thirty one thirty sorry local time. Four minutes later it was preparing to take off, and then at one thirty eight it started to take off. It made it to six hundred and twenty five feet. That was when they lost signal from the plane. Shortly after they issued a may day, and about five minutes later the plane came down. Now this footage year will be distressing to some viewers, but this is the moment that you can, of course see the plane appears to be losing power and then comes down towards the ground and crashes and you can see the explosion. There will cross now to Sophie Ellsworth, europe correspondent in London where this flight was headed towards Gatwick Airport. Sophie, thank you for joining us. What do we know, if anything about the people who were on board? Of course, we know there were no survivors, but have there been any further details.
Speaker 3: But Caleber, as you can appreciate, this story is developing very quickly, so the updates are rolling in. But at the moment, we have just heard that news that you've reported about no survivors. Just listening to the British reports here, there's very much significant concern because there were fifty three British nationals on that flight. The Indian Commission here is just announced they'll fast track any visas to allow next of kin and journalists to quickly get on board flights and make their way to India. But Caleb, this is obviously a tragedy that has rocked the world, but very much Britain, as you would expect given that there were many British passengers on board. The flight was due to arrive here London Gatwick this evening, and people are just in shock of what we have seen and what we're witnessing what we saw and asked screens there, Caleb, and they're also trying to work out very quickly, you know, what is the status with the passengers, because there are conflicting reports at this point. Now I have asked the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Australia if there are any Australians on board or if they know of any that were on board, and at this stage they haven't been able to say if there is, but they are very much looking into that. So, Caleb, a shocking situation that has rocked the whole world and very much here in the UK.
Speaker 2: Are we expecting to hear from Suki Stama, the British Prime Minister anytime soon?
Speaker 3: So sa Kirs Starmer and also the Foreign Secretary David Lammy have sent their condolences following this crash. They've put posts on social media site x So yes we have heard from them, Caleb, but we're just waiting for more information to filter through. But just listening to some of the commentators here in the UK, Caleb, they've described it as an incredibly complex crash site because of where it landed. In the scenes that you can see, it's gone into a building, there's a lot of vegetation around, so it's a very complicated site to try and retrieve bodies. There's emergency services flooding in to get people out. So yes, this is a developing story but one that we are now concerned there may be no survivors.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, as I said before, Sophie, of course that the Indian authorities are saying there are no survivors from the flight. But there's also the matter of the building that the plane we believe has crashed into, which local authorities are saying was a building that was accommodating doctors. Now the authorities have said that they've recovered at least thirty bodies from that building and there are more people trapped inside, so one imagines there will be more deaths to be announced there as well, which is of course sad, but many people will be wondering how something like this could happen. And this plane was a Boeing seven eight seven Dreamliner. Now, from my understanding, this is the first time there's ever been a crash involving a seven eight seven, But Boeing, as we know, has had a choppy record of late. What has Boeing said so far about this.
Speaker 3: So there hasn't been much come out of Boeing at this point. We have obviously had the airline common and we've also obviously had government officials, but the commentators here in the UK, the transport expert Berts are saying that it is known as a very reliable aircraft and these occasions, sadly, where there are fatalities and deaths involving aircraft are thankfully incredibly rare, Caleb.
Speaker 4: But the flow on effect.
Speaker 3: From this not only will be the devastation of those impacted in this tragedy today, but also it will make many people nervous, Caleb about flying. And then that's when we'll start to learn more of what actually went wrong. When the pilots are leading this aircraft made the may Day calls shortly after they took off, what actually went wrong here and is there any fault on the aircraft and the airline itself. So there's a lot of things to weigh up here, and we have to be careful speculating, but incredibly concerning. We're all involved, and very concerning for people now who may be nervous flying on these aircrafts until we get a good understanding of what did happen.
Speaker 2: Indeed, so feels worth thank you so much for your time, and of course stay tuned too SCA News where we will inform you of any further updates on this this evening and after the late debate tonight there will be extended coverage. Let's get into some of the other news of the day. Try this one on for size. Every time I see one of these stories, I wonder why I can't get one of these government contracts. Mean, it's just another day ending, and why it would seem with a government wasting money. This time it is the federal government where they have spent one hundred and eighty thousand dollars, or to be specific, one hundred and eighty thousand, six hundred and twenty eight dollars and eighty cents revamping the Net Zero Economy Agency into the Net Zero Economy Authority because of course it's so important to change that one word, this one hundred and eighty grand. They blew on three things. A few social media pages when went up on LinkedIn, went up on Facebook, and a logo now this is the old logo here that they so desperately had to replace.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could have mocked that one up. I suppose in.
Speaker 2: Microsoft word this is the new logo that they spent one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and thousand dollars off.
Speaker 2: I mean I could have probably done that in Microsoft paint for one hundred and eighty dollars Freyer, Seriously, why do we do this stuff?
Speaker 5: Oh honestly, I mean, there seems to be a consistent culture within certain elements of the bureaucracy that just view the taxpayer. As one person described it as an endless ATM. You say you might have been able to do it on Microsoft Word before the show. I had a little go at doing it on chat GPT in thirty seconds.
Speaker 6: This is what I managed to create.
Speaker 5: I reckon that's better then the low spend one hundred and eighty thousand dollars creating.
Speaker 6: I literally just said, at.
Speaker 4: Least you can see what it's about. There's authority from your logo. You have no idea from a few squares.
Speaker 5: You've got your windmills, your solar panels. It's perfect.
Speaker 4: I don't care what logo you have on this thing, on this agency, this authority, whatever it is. Calem you cannot polish a turn Natzio is a terrible idea in any agency or authority that's set up to try and sell it to people and help convince people to sign up to this or whatever they're supposed to do. It's still not entirely clear. Despite the one hundred and eighty ground they've spent on this thing. It's just I mean, obviously we've said it before many times. It's a concept that we're not going to reach by the time we've set the target to But regardless of that, it is a waste of time and money and effort, and it's people who are going to be paying the high bills when we put out you know, on a global scale, relatively very little emissions and countries like China and India the biggest producers don't have to do anything.
Speaker 2: But how far behind the eight ball can the public service be? Like if you can mock something like that up in chet GPT in about two seconds flat, why do they still spend one hundred and eighty grand on some morbien sea there They were called folk the mob that got this contract. There are quote unquote strategic design consultancy.
Speaker 1: I mean, why are we.
Speaker 2: Not all just setting up strategic design consultancies and getting government contracts and then putting it.
Speaker 1: Through jet GPT and turning it around.
Speaker 5: Into second it's a great business model. You heard it here first, guys. And that's the funniest part. Part of the role of the net zero Authority is to guarantee jobs and provide a job transition for people who are being displaced by net zero transition of like, the only jobs they're guaranteeing is for sou lat drinking Inner West lefties who work at the Folks Strategic consult It's such a waste of money.
Speaker 4: And it is in the Inner West from Lena in Fidney, which has that reputation as you would both well know having been there, very much to go against the grade in the Inn West.
Speaker 1: When I get around with my mega hand.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they love you for that. I mean, that is one very very expensive word change from you know, from agency to authority. That has got to be the most expensive word out there.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Now, in case you've been calling you, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: This is a fascinating case. It's a landmark trial that's taking place this week in Sydney in the Federal Court. Wraps up tomorrow and it involves this radical Islamic preacher with some haddad who is accused of anti Semitism, basically insulting, offending, humiliating Jews in a series of sermons he delivered a few weeks after the October seven terror attacks in Israel, in which he said very slave Jews and the descendants of pigs and monkeys. There's they're vile, treacherous people. And then he said this.
Speaker 7: Towards in the times when the Muslims will be fighting the Jews, the trees will speak, the soul will speak, and they'll say, believe there is a Yohodi behind me.
Speaker 5: Come.
Speaker 4: So what's interesting about this case is it fell on a Jewish group, the Executive Council of Australian Jury, the peak Jewish group in fact in Australia to pursue mister Haddad Civilly because New South Wales police and the Federal Police investigated him over these speeches and decided they couldn't do anything that wasn't worth pressing charges. It didn't meet whatever threshold there was for incitement to violence. So he's landed in the Federal court being pursued in the civil matter. Now he today they're closing up case. He's tried to argue a number of defenses for this. First of all, that it's based largely on a religious foundation. He's just quoting scripture, just quoting the Koran or Islamic text. Then he said he didn't mean all Jews when he said things like yehood and the Jews, he meant just the religious ones or just the ones in the Israeli government. And finally he tried to argue that this was really more a private speech he gave to his religious center, even though he knew that it would be uploaded onto YouTube and Facebook and rumble and so on.
Speaker 1: Next job, your private business.
Speaker 4: But he's been called interestingly by the prosecute, by the barrister for the Jewish group, want to be influencer, want to be online celebrity. And I think, look, I think there's some truth in that he filmed a live stream heading into court that I just want to show people at home talking about his case to his followers on his Instagram page, and look at what he said.
Speaker 8: This is actually a really big case that's going on here in Australia anyway, So come with, Well, know, we would perfectly have said in the past publicly that we disbelieve in these courts.
Speaker 4: I mean he said there that he doesn't believe and we don't believe. I think he's referring to his own followers here. We do not believe in the courts. So why is he even defending this matter? Is a question here. I mean, he didn't stand all bow for the judge in any of that. I was there for two full days. The first two full days he did not follow the customs of the court everyone else did. I mean, obviously that is a sign of extreme disrespect. I'm not sure the judge didn't comment on it, but it raises all sorts of questions this case.
Speaker 2: Well, the fact that we're here in the first place, I think is a large part of the problem, right because this case is being run under section eighteen C of the Racial Discrimination Act. And I've said for a long time that I don't think eighteen C of the Racial Discrimination Act should exist. It is a part of the Racial Discrimination Act that says it's illegal to offend or insult someone on the basis of their race, ethnicity, nationality, skin color, etc.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that.
Speaker 4: No skin color and nationality is not part of that race.
Speaker 2: It does not exist to protect the law should not exist to protect people from offense or insult. But you found yourself in a position where the criminal law that I think ought to be applied in this case. I mean, if you're saying that a tree is going to instruct you to kill someone I would argue that that is a case that could potentially or should be run on the basis of incitement to violence. Now the police investigated it and said that they weren't going to do that. I've said many times that there should be a test case round to run it up a flagpole.
Speaker 1: If it doesn't get up in.
Speaker 2: Court, then you'll have a mandate to change these laws. So I can understand why the Executive Council of Australian Jury has done this, because they've taken the law that is available to them. But is it not true or at least I think anyway that this should be a criminal matter rather than a civil way.
Speaker 5: Well, there has been a consistent theme throughout the last eighteen months when we have seen a really unprecedented explosion in anti semitism in Australia, where police have seemingly investigated things, but very few people have actually been prosecuted. Where it's still really waiting for any meaningful prosecution. From the Opera House protests, there are so many instances where there's simply been very little response from the police. So I don't blame the Executive Council of Australian Jury for taking this into their own hands. It seems at this point this civil law is the only defense they really have to protect themselves with. But you're right, there have been consistent concerns raised around is insult and defense really a high enough threshold to actually limit people's speech. I think it was the Turnbull government that tried to raise the threshold to harassment, but that didn't pass the Senate.
Speaker 6: And the other.
Speaker 5: Interesting aspect that the preacher raised in his defense was that he was just quoting the Quran. And it does raise this interesting question of if elements of a religious text do offend insult a specific racial group, and Jews are treated as a racial group under Australian law as well as a religious group, will that then be outlawed bi section eighteen C And does that then conflict with our right to religious freedom? And so there is this interesting tension there, and I looked into a little bit and it looks like because Australia doesn't have a Bill of Rights like the US, the courts would likely uphold Section eighteen C even if it does limit your religious freedom, because the law is not specifically designed to limit religious freedom. So if limits on religious expression is an indirect consequence of the law, then the law is still constitutionally valid. So I don't think he has a leg to stand on in that sense. But it does raise, I guess, more broadly, this concern around what are the limits on our freedom of speech?
Speaker 4: Well, that is one of the things a lot of people raise concerns over eighteen C. But I think in this case, I mean, it wasn't just the Qur'an he said, he was quoting from Islamic scholars, Like, how far can you take that? You know, just because someone who was religious said something at some point doesn't mean you can get away with whipping up hatred for another group, especially in like he's using examples in history from the seventh century of battles to whip up hatred for all Jews today. That's the argument against him.
Speaker 2: But the law's responsibility to prevent hatred. I think it's the law's responsibility to prevent someone being physically and I don't.
Speaker 4: Think that can prevent it. It's happened at this point, but it's.
Speaker 1: Relationship to punish it.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it the law's responsibility to say you can't be racist?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's a really interesting question. But I think I agree more with your point than in the absence of effective laws to crack down on incitement to violence, where the threshold is way too high to actually prosecute accused hate preachers, then we need something, something to protect a community which has experienced skyrocketing levels of anti Semitism.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a very interesting there's a very interesting tension always between freedom of speech and security and safety. We're learning in a multicultural twenty first century society.
Speaker 6: What some of those tensions are. Let's move on now.
Speaker 5: Britney Higgins, of course everyone would remember, was paid two point four million dollars by the Commonwealth in a settlement for the use and mistreatment she suffered during the whole Brittney Higgins, Bruce Lherman Saga. Linda Reynolds, naturally, the outgoing senator who was accused of misconduct and painted with this brush, was rightfully quite upset about the payment and referred it to the National Anti Corruption Commission, saying that labor potentially interfered. It was not fair, she wasn't given a chance to participate in the mediation. But the National Anti Corruption Commission has come back and said nothing to see here.
Speaker 6: This was all totally above.
Speaker 5: Board and there was no corruption whatsoever. I mean, I do find that particularly strange, given how the entire saga was politicized by Miss Higgins and her partner David Chraaz, and then Labor as well used it as an attack point against the Coalition, trying to paint them with this broad brush of being terrible party, sexist, treating women badly, etc.
Speaker 6: Etc.
Speaker 5: And then Drayfus himself, who was Attorney General when this payment was made, had made previous comments in Parliament quoting Miss higgins version of events. So I don't know, does this stuck up?
Speaker 4: No, not at all. I don't think it passes the pub test. And it's not just you saying that, Fray, I mean the Federal Court Judge Michael Lee made a number of findings. I mean, he did find that Brittany Higgins was raped on the balance of probabilities, which is of course a much lower standard than in a criminal matter. But he also found that the allegations that there had been a political cover up, that Linda Reynolds and the Chief of Staff Fiona Brown had not supported her, that they'd tried to discourage her from reporting it had absolutely no basis whatsoever, and he was scathing about the fact that that had been put forward. So I think that's a really important part of the case that can be forgotten here. Of course, the payout was made, the compensation was made, I think before even the verdicts came down in this after one day of mediation. Linda Reynolds wasn't allowed to participate. She said they wouldn't pay any of her legal fees, so she couldn't and as a result she is now suing the Commonwealth. I mean, this is not ending, but a big part of the payout, to just quickly make this point, a big part of the two point four million was that the idea that Britdany Higgins would never be able to work again. And of course she has gone on to hold a number of jobs, some of them unpaid, and now is working as a director in a boutique PR agency. So obviously that was not true. I mean, maybe she didn't know what would happen, but it was a big wild punt to take that someone would be so traumatized they could never work again.
Speaker 2: I mean, the na double c the knack as they call it. As far as I'm concerned, should be sent to the knackery. It shouldn't have existed in the first place, and it is clearly impotent in these sorts of things. I mean, you know, the point, as far as I can see, for this payout being given, beyond the reasons that Dreyfus gave, was that it gave a very convenient way for the Labor government to attack the then opposition, the previous coalition government. I will point out that Scott Morrison didn't do the Coalition any favors when he stood up in the midst of a criminal trial that of course was later aborted as a mistrial and apologized to Britney Higgins on the floor of Parliament. Because that is to suggest that something happened and that was done before this payment was made and before any judgment was made in a criminal trial. I can't believe that that even happened in the first place.
Speaker 1: So you can add you made your bed and you've got a lie in that.
Speaker 2: But the point you raise, I think is the most important one here that a significant sum of money two point four million dollars is paid out on the basis that you have lost a lifetime of income and if you have then gone on to hold other jobs. Be they paid all voluntary. Surely you were demonstrating that you have the capacity to hold down a job. And on that basis, how can you then say that this payment is justified. I mean, of course, this money was then taken and invested in a property in France. They're now back in Australia. That's all by the bye. But this is tax pays money that was spent on the proviso that she couldn't hold down a job.
Speaker 5: Well she has, yes, And not only was the money spent on a French chateau, was also locked up in a secure trust so that it could basically not be touched in the event she had to pay other people.
Speaker 4: But you know what, I don't blame her because she would taking the money that was offered to her. What the fault lies with the government. The blame should lie there, because really they shouldn't have offered that much in the first plastation have swallowed the story, hook line and sinker without hearing from anyone else's evidence. Look, let's move on to Greta Thumberg, because that's someone we all love to hate, son't we. Now. The latest out of this whole saga of her on the selfie yacht going to deliver a symbolic amount of aid to supposedly starving gardens. And there are a lot of starving gardens people who are genuinely in need. I'm not trying to mock that purely. My mockery is directed at Greta and her fellow Instagram activists and the supposed delivery of this aid. The latest scandal is that she was filmed and photographed arriving at an airport in France, and she appears to at least according to people on the Internet, but it does appear that she's faking being handcuffed. Take a look at some of this footage. She's walking with her hands behind her back, and if you look at her from the side of the front, it does look like she's hankter. She's walking with authorities there, and people are saying, look, it's just part of more part of the acting for Greta Thumberg. I mean, you could give her the benefit of the doubt here, I think, And at first I looked at him, thought, oh no, she's walking with her hands behind her back. But this is a person who made a video saying if you see this video. We've been kidnapped and held hostage by the Israeli occupation forces, so I don't give her the benefit.
Speaker 1: I looked at her.
Speaker 2: Look frankly, I'm sick of giving this stupid girlier time.
Speaker 4: But here we are.
Speaker 1: She's walking with her hand behind her back.
Speaker 2: Like the Of all the things Greeter Tunberg has done, this is the one I am least concerned about, because.
Speaker 1: You could have taken that photo of me.
Speaker 4: She's not here, Caleb Bond. She's not a sixty year old man living in a twenty five year old body. She's Greta Thumberg. And she's done this before.
Speaker 6: And also, Caleb, I mean, who walks.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's a bit weird walking with your hands behind your back next to police officer, A bit suss and I would have simp your view.
Speaker 6: If that was the extent of it.
Speaker 5: But this is not the first time she has posed with authorities to maintain her victimhood complex. She was at a protest in Germany and pretended to get arrested. Look at her, She's smiling happily while the authorities lightly hold her, and she's literally posing for cameras as she's getting detained. But this is what the whole stick is about. It's all about maintaining this illusion that she is a oppressed girl fighting for justice against the evil system, when in reality it is all just one big PR stunt. So maybe it was a coincidence she just happened to be walking with her hands behind her back.
Speaker 6: But the fact that this is the first.
Speaker 5: Time and it does look a little strange makes me think this was all into You're.
Speaker 2: Right that it's a great PR stunt, But are we not giving her exactly what she want wants by talking about it.
Speaker 4: We are, i think, exposing how ludicrous she is. We're not giving her the positive populicity she wants. We're exposing what an act at all is.
Speaker 2: It's just as I've said before, I wish they just let her go into Gaza and sort of so it could have done the rest of us a favor. Over in New Zealand, you remember a little while ago they were debating legislation that would change the way that the Treaty of Waitangi was interpreted, and so in protest, a number of Maori politicians stood up in Parliament and performed the harker. He's a reminder, now you know, I have no issue with the harker at sporting events and whatever.
Speaker 1: I think it's quite a rousing sort of thing.
Speaker 2: The Parliament is not a place for this kind of protest. The parliament, any parliament anywhere in the world, is a place for civil debate, discussion, amending, passing legislation, etc. These are not the kinds of scenes that we should be seeing in any parliament.
Speaker 1: Of course they say, well, this is just.
Speaker 2: Our traditional way of communicating, so bugger you. But they have now been handed a record ban from the floor twenty one days for performing the harker.
Speaker 1: Caroline, you seem to disagree.
Speaker 4: With that, Well I do, I think. I mean, according to reports I've read, there have only been three people suspended prior to this in the past ten years. So two people, two of the MPs, were banned for twenty one days, the longest ever suspension in New Zealand Parliament, while another susmnded for seven days. I get your point about the protest. I mean I can't help it smile when I watched the hacker. I know it was done in protest in this case to this bill. But you know I have friends who are kiwis and Islanders and they do the hacker. We do it. They do it at birthdays and weddings and happy celebrations and obviously at the sporting games, and it's I mean, I just don't see that there was such a crime. I mean, what happened in Australian Parliament a couple of years ago after October seven when Green senators walked out in protests chanting three Free Palestine, Nothing, as far as I'm aware, happened to them. I think there was a censure motion. Yes, perhaps it should, but twenty one days suspension, that's overkill shortly, I think.
Speaker 6: The problem with it, and I agree the hawkers. Look, I'm no expert in the haka. I must say they didn't give us.
Speaker 5: I won't give you a live demonstration, but it can be used in a number of context. The issue here is that in parliament we do want to maintain a sense of decorum and clearly ripping up a bill and then threateningly advancing onto the floor or of Parliament while yelling, And there were also people in the gallery above yelling as well, like what does that actually do to advance any sort of productive discussion? If anything, I think it's a little bit threatening to the other parliamentarians in the room, and I also.
Speaker 1: It is Ward.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is a will and I would have.
Speaker 5: A little sympathy for them, if you know, it was just an apology.
Speaker 6: And they could all sort of out.
Speaker 5: But it does sound like they got hauled before a parliamentary committee that was looking into this, but they refuse to even participate, so they've kind of blocked this process at every time.
Speaker 4: And one of them did do a gun symbol with their hand as well, which I can't adore. But yeah, I don't know. When we have Lydia Thorpe in parliament here, it's very difficult to look down your notice on what's happening in New Zealand exactly.
Speaker 5: Well, the LA riots are continuing to rage. Trump sent down the National Guard and then he sent in the Marines as well, and it looks like the protests are going pretty much unabated. They've made some arrests, but the violence continues even despite curfews in Los Angeles. Now, the narrative the media is running is that the mainstream media is that this is largely a group of peaceful protesters who've just spontaneously gathered to decry and oppose Trump's inhumane deportation of illegal immigrants.
Speaker 6: That's what they want you to believe.
Speaker 5: That's also the line they tried to run during the twenty twenty Black Lives Matter protests. Oh, it's mostly peaceful people just coming to stand against racism. Of course, we know how those protests ended with billions of dollars in property damage, wide scale looting, people lost their lives.
Speaker 6: It was horrendous.
Speaker 5: But with these protests as well, it is not as simple as saying it's just spontaneous gathering of people, because the reality is the majority of Americans support Trump's actions to curb illegal migration, and the majority fifty two percent even support him.
Speaker 6: Sending in the National Guard.
Speaker 5: So where are all these really agitated protesters coming from. Apparently they're actually being organized by a couple key activist groups on the left, one of the main ones being the Party for Socialism and Liberation, also the Democratic Socialists of America and the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights. These are well funded, well established, large networks on the radical fringe left of politics that are coordinating the people to get to these protests, but also handing out things like masks, shields and those goggles even as well, which is similar to what they did during BLM.
Speaker 6: Now the cry especially.
Speaker 5: Of the Party for Socialism in liberal they genuinely want to dismantle America. They genuinely want a socialist revolution. They're also the ones that have been the driving force behind a lot of the pro Palestinian protests, where they've yelled things like inter finer revolution, which is we all say is a call for violent uprising. So they say all these things, they say they're for violent revolution. Now we're actually seeing them attempt a violent revolution.
Speaker 6: This is what these riots are.
Speaker 5: It is an attempt to overthrow the United States from within.
Speaker 6: Now my question is when will these groups.
Speaker 5: Be designated as domestic terror organizations?
Speaker 6: Because we have to believe what they say.
Speaker 5: When they say they want violent revolution, when they carry that out, we have to believe them.
Speaker 2: This is where the rabbit hits the road for people like Californian Governor Gavenison, who has been saying this week that Trump wants this, Trump wanted this civil war. It's not Trump who want the civil war. It's these left wing groups who want the civil war so that they can find a reason to then blame it on Trump and say, ah, it's all the dictatorial fascist Trump's fault.
Speaker 1: They whip it up.
Speaker 2: I mean, Trump simply tries to apply the law, which is to say that if you are an illegal migrant, you shouldn't be in the United States and you ought to be deported. And then you get these well funded left wing groups come through and say, well, we'll start a protest on this basis, and then all all of a sudden, that protest becomes much bigger than just being about us.
Speaker 1: And then you have either.
Speaker 2: Useful idiots or wilful accomplices like Gavin us saying this is Trump's fault. It is not Trump's fault. This is what they wanted, not what Trump wanted. Much like when people started attacking Tesla cars and Tesla dealerships and stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is meant to be the peaceful people, right.
Speaker 4: Well, exactly, no doubt. There are some peaceful people there, many peaceful people there, but there's rights have been completely overtaken by these anarchists. And let's face it, these communists who are trying to, as you say, make this into a revolution. We see it at protests here as well. Like it always is portrayed as the peaceful protest movement, but there's always elements of it whose goal is really to uproot society and cause further division. And I mean, look, it's not just this group. There's the Black Lives Matters people. I mean, they're all really they are links between this Party for Socialism and Liberation and the Black Lives Matter movement and the Program Mass movement, but they all take advantage of this omni cause and any excuse to hit the streets and cause discord.
Speaker 5: And I should also add that the FBI is now probing a lot of these well funded left wing activist groups because funnily enough, a number of them get US federal grants, get paid tax money to destroy the country, and also a lot of funding from overseas with links to the CCP and various foreign powers. So it'll be interesting to see them get unmasked.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought today now, if Trump's not getting in trouble for trying to deport illegal migrants, now he's getting in trouble for using his telephone. Yes, I wish I was joking. Aids within the White House are apparently so concerned about the President using his mobile telephone because they don't have a direct line to what he's saying on the phone. Apparently he talks to anyone and every one. Hundreds of people are said to have his personal mobile phone numbers so they can call him up at any time. Apparently he makes phone calls at all hours of the day. He sees someone on the telly they've said something, he'll call them up for a chat about it.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's difficult to get the.
Speaker 2: Man off the phone, which I think is a good thing, because you know, we always complain about the fact that politicians are not accessible. Well, here is a man saying, I'm so accessible, but if I see someone I want to talk to, I will pick up the phone and talk to them. He even warneders about this nine years ago when he appeared on Saturday Night Live. You used to call me on the cell phone.
Speaker 1: Call on the cell phone.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's complaining, you used to call me. Why are you calling me anymore? But Caroline, the problem apparently is that they're really worried that it's a security issue because they can't monitor what Donald Trump is saying on the phone. For goodness sake, the bloke is the president of the United States. You don't think he's taking some measures to make sure that he doesn't talk to them.
Speaker 4: Also, we know exactly what Trump is thinking at all times because he tweets it. Oh, he puts it on his strength social he is very black and white. He's an open book. I mean, he's not a politician, so I don't know why people are I mean, he is a politician now, but he's not a career politician, So I don't know why people are constantly surprised that he breaks all the rules. You know, he's Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Now, Well this makes it even more embarrassing for Anthony Albanizi though, who can barely get a phone call with Trump. Apparently he's just calling everyone so much so they need to take the phone off him. But the one person who can't get a call for the life of him is our prime minister.
Speaker 6: No Australia.
Speaker 2: Well he said when Albanize was asked about it, I believe he said he didn't even know if the president had a mobile phone.
Speaker 1: Well, now that we know him.
Speaker 4: Now we know he has two or three exactly.
Speaker 2: The reports say that he has two or three people being interviewed as saying like he'll call you up and you expect it's going to be a short phone call because he's the president and he's got things to do.
Speaker 1: And no, he just wants to have a natter. And good on him.
Speaker 2: Because it means the bloke's talking to other people and getting differing points of view and he's available. It's all we can ask of a politician. After the papers will get into tomorrow's news, of course, will have more on that ere India crash. And on the front of the OZ tomorrow a seeing a gender medicine doctor for children who was excoriated by the family court as the support of her hospital. Don't go away, okay, let's get into the papers. On the front of the Courier Mail tomorrow and of course on the telegraph as well, they have this Air India crash on the Courier Mail. It says Air India plane crashes on takeoff. An Air India jet carrying two hundred and forty two passengers crashed at an airport India's western city of Metabad last night. The plane bound for London's Gatwick Airport crash during takeoff. Local media reported Flight AI one seven to one, operating our Metabad to London Gatwick, was involved in an incident today twelve June twenty twenty five, Air India seat in a statement on x At this moment we are ascertaining the details and we'll share further updates at the earliest flight A one seven one is listed as a Boeing seven eight seven eight Dreamliner. That same story is on the front of the Daily Telegraph tomorrow and of course these the first editions of the paper that we show you when we go to Weir and the deadline for first edition is eight pms. Of course the papers will have more detail on the front tomorrow and stay tuned to US after the late debate for all the latest from Sky UK. Sticking with the Daily Telegraph, though it says this is awkward heat on PM to save Orcas as Trump goes America first. The pressure on Anthony Albineasi to secure a face to face meeting with Donald Trump has drastically escalated after the US announced it would review the three hundred and sixty eight billion dollar Orcus nuclear submarine deal. The Prime Minister will today head off to Canada for the G seven summit, but it is yet to lock in a sideline meeting with the US President. Despite the Trump administration's shock decision to review the three way defense pack between the US, UK and Australia. I think we can pretty fairly say Caroline that we're not going to see Orcas ripped up.
Speaker 1: This is Trump doing I think we can I don't.
Speaker 4: Know that reps up, but they can walk it back a lot.
Speaker 2: I think this is Trump doing essentially what he's done with tariffs, which is to threaten and then perhaps implement a few nasty things in the hopes of getting something back. So he will advance an argument that he's more extreme than what he actually wants. Australia will sort of come to the table on something and then we'll come to an agreement, and then Orchest will beyond. And of course we have to take into account that the UK is involved as well as often that's.
Speaker 4: True, but Trump has been known to surprise people all the time. And you know, the people who are looking into this, who did the review didn't like the Orchest deal to begin with. I think we could see a very watered down deal. I don't know what that would look like, but people who are a lot closer to the administration have made that point. So I think there's a lot on the line here. But let's just take a moment to look at this headline. This is awkward. I think out of all the headlines I've seen tonight, this is definitely Let's just pay something to those headline writers of the Tello.
Speaker 6: I think that's the challenge with Orcisto.
Speaker 5: Trump loves a deal, he loves negotiating, but he also knows when America hasn't gotten a good deal, and he is looking at any allies that currently rely on the US for defense, if they're not pulling their weight, he is going to change that.
Speaker 6: And we've seen Albanesi refuse to increase.
Speaker 5: Defense spending despite explicit requests from the US.
Speaker 6: So I don't think this bodes well for US at all.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, we could buy submarines off the shelf from other places a lot faster than we get New York as submarine.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think we're going to get them from France anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, and let's move on to the Australia.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Hospital backs exoriated TELFA. The Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne has championed its chief of Medicine, Michelle Telfer, as a highly respected pediatrician, despite a judge finding she gave misleading evidence in support of a mother who wanted her child to be prescribed puberty blockers. The hospital declined to confirm if it would instigate a formal investigation into the findings of the Family Court judge Andrew Strum, who rejected the rch's diagnosis of the child with gender dysphoria after finding there were significant issues with how the confusion was the conclusion was created. Now, this seems particularly remarkable because we had an extraordinary intervention from a family court judge which essentially blew a hole, a giant hole in the entire gender affirming care paradigm that Australia has adopted. This doctor in particular, wrote the gender affirming care guidelines, and for a judge to say, this is all ideological evidence and there's very little substantial evidence that actually shows gender affirming care, which is puberty blockers and treatments that don't give the child any therapy, just affirm whatever their gender identity is they claimed to be.
Speaker 6: So then the hospital to double down on this seems shocking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the judge felt so strongly about that that he agreed with the Australian I believe it was their application to have the identity of this gender expert made public, because usually witnesses and family carp matters are kept anonymous as much of the cases are as well. So the fact that he thought it was all public interest enough to expose this person is remarkable in itself. But then for the hospital to stand by her, well, I guess they made the appointment, they put her in that position, so that would be accepting some accountability on their part as well for the person that they gave the role to.
Speaker 2: It just shows how far behind the eight ball we are on this stuff in Australia.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at the rest.
Speaker 9: Of the world.
Speaker 2: Look at the cast report out of the United Kingdom.
Speaker 1: The rest of the world is walking.
Speaker 2: Away from gender affirming care, particularly the use of puberty blockers for children, and for some reason, we seem to still be going headfirst into a tainment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the first duty of a doctor is to do no harm. I don't know how she can possibly look at herself when that's the.
Speaker 4: Oath she took, but anyway, I think she obviously doing the writing.
Speaker 2: And she's implementing that the rules that she has written. I think the point is though, that when the rest of the world is saying you're going the wrong way. Should at least tapes of introspection about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well yes, and not actually relying on substantial evidence is also very questionable. But also in the Australian no fund fervor for billionaire Mike cannon Brooks is forty billion dollars sun Cable Development has failed to secure funding to date and it's made in one hundred million capital raising as doubts grow that the billionaire is capable of delivering one of the world's largest renewable energy projects. I mean, this is what we're seeing time and time again, all of these huge renewable projects that require massive amounts of upfront investment.
Speaker 6: The investment has dried up.
Speaker 5: Because, funnily enough, one of the things driving investment was government policy banning new coal, gas, nuclear, et cetera, and massively subsidizing renewables. That is changing. Now the investment case is not there, and it's going to be interesting to see whether any of these things get built.
Speaker 4: Has Mike Cannon Books considered paying one hundred and eighty thousand dollars for a new logo.
Speaker 1: Just said private kit?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 4: Yeah that too. Let's move on to the Herald Sun, where they've got another story about this ambulance ramping crisis that's really taken hold. There no way to die. It's an exclusive story about how an elderly man was left bleeding to death despite phoning Triple zero twice, with five ambulances parked just a suburb of way, but on a able to respond to his call. He called for help just before eleven thirty. He'd fallen and split his head open. It was five hours almost before paramatics arrived at his place. Just absolutely incredible, but not that surprising when you see these stories of ramping and how many people are a full victim to this.
Speaker 2: Well, we call ourselves a first world country and for him, it's say you can't get an ambulance to someone within five hours both who's fallen and split there we just fall so far behind on these things very quickly. Before we go to a break on the front of the Mercury tomorrow, this never ending story about the election that's coming in Tasmania, Starter's Gun is the headline. Liberal leader During Rockliffe kicked off his party's election campaign in Launceston, announcing candidates in the electorate of Basting Winter has put the government's abandoned policy of asset sales at the center of Labour's election campaign and Greens leader Rosalie Woodroof and Dip the leader Vicker Bailey chose mcflory point to launch the twenty twenty five state election campaign on the foundation of blocking a stadium.
Speaker 1: On the site at all costs. And there is plenty more.
Speaker 2: To come on that after the break magic mushrooms growing near the front door of New South Wales parliament House. Chris Mins, the Premier, has weighed in I'll show you that next. We were discussing before who would do this story and Frae quote unquote I'll do the mushrooms.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will tonight.
Speaker 5: A group of psychedel mushrooms have been found at Parliament. Chris Mint has joked this must be the work of an enterprising drug dealer to hide the contraband under the politician's noses, the.
Speaker 6: Last place anyone would look.
Speaker 5: He even joked about there potentially being a weed farm in the basement of Parliament.
Speaker 6: I do think someone should check.
Speaker 5: That one out because this guy's probably inspired some copycat.
Speaker 4: I do love how it was a legalized cannabis MPO that found these ushers. I mean, we're nowhere in the world.
Speaker 2: You know, if you've got magic mushrooms going out the front of Parliament and as you say, the legalized.
Speaker 1: Cannabis bloke abound it. But how do they actually get there?
Speaker 4: I know, well, someone is throwing them. I don't think they just sprout naturally, these things. But I mean, look, it's serious. If they find the person supply for magic mushrooms can get you life in prison if it's over one hundred grams. And this is serious joking.
Speaker 6: The magic mushrooms right outside and then across the road you legally to go what the heck is going on in his parliament.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, President Donald Trump has thrilled soldiers by putting on his famous y m c A dance.
Speaker 10: Take a look, it's understand.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it is just so infectious. While we're talking about music, we have to, of course mark the death of Brian Wilson today, the founder of the Beach Boys. I mean, you go through their back catalog, it is literally hit after hit after hit, chief among them.
Speaker 9: I get around.
Speaker 2: And I think one of the best pop songs ever written.
Speaker 1: God only knows, Oh my.
Speaker 2: Goods and supposedly Paul McCartney, of course from the Beatles, heard that song and was so scared that it would be the best pop song ever that it then prompted him to write Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts.
Speaker 4: That's another amazing song. There's just so many great songs. You can't patriar you to the law.
Speaker 2: Barlay Brian Wilson. Stay with us now for live coverage of the Air and you Crash with Sky News, you play good Night