Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 2: Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your Head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in.
Speaker 3: Okay, everyone, welcome to a special Christmas edition of the hot line. Merry Christmas? How are you feeling Anna?
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Getting excited for Santa coming?
Speaker 3: You know? I you know I love Santa coming with these big sack nice Where bub.
Speaker 2: Are we know?
Speaker 1: Because we just we just went there, went there.
Speaker 3: Well, how are you feeling Anna, Christmas coming or Christmas shoppings all done?
Speaker 2: I hope, I'm excited. I'm about to head to Mildura. We're going to Mildura. Christmas shopping is not yet done, but I'm definitely getting into the festive spirit. We had ow Where's Your Head At Christmas party?
Speaker 3: That was fun. We went down to Morris Jones knocked back a couple of rose is one of the best drops I've said i've ever had.
Speaker 2: I actually woke up with a bit of a hangover the next day. I really, as we've both spoken about, we haven't been drinking, so it.
Speaker 1: Really just like got me. The next morning. I was like, oh, that's feeling a bit foggy.
Speaker 3: I remember we had an extra large coffee that next day. Yeah, it was a bit of a hangover as well. Well, what have you been doing Christmas? See? Do you have any Christmas recommendations for our audience?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, So on the weekend I actually went to the Moonlight Cinemas really fun.
Speaker 3: I went there this season as well. How good is it?
Speaker 1: It's so good, Like the weather was amazing.
Speaker 2: We watched Love Actually, you know, that's like one of my all time favorite Christmas movies. I'll probably watch it like three more times. And yeah, it was just really good. There have a whole lineup of great Christmas movies and some not Christmas Eve movies that you can watch. And I think it's going throughout January.
Speaker 3: So really cool vibe there. I did it last year as well, I've done it this year. It's just a real like festive vibe. I feel that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if where you are living because we know, we have lots of different people tuning in from around the world. If they don't have a Moonlight cinema, you know, a drive through movie, that's what we're talking about, where you go in drive in you know.
Speaker 1: Kick the Booter.
Speaker 2: You can put your like douvet in there, your blankets and get cozy and it's.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a fun little thing to do over the Christmas season.
Speaker 3: Well, my recommendation is, so on Christmas Eve, you know, I have a big Christmas to you know, with my family on my mom's side, with my mum and my sisters and their partners. My recommendation is we all do it is Christmas cocktails, so to get fully in the spirit. Yeah, I know a lot of pubs have started doing them as well in bars. I will leave a list of some good ones and the recipes on our Facebook page. So if you're not a part of that, where's your head at fam, there's a link in our bios to join. Some ones that I wanted to point out that I think are really good are the White Christmas Margarita, Oh, the classic eggnog, can't go past that, the jingle Juice, loving the name, they're all Christmas names, Tirima Sue White Russians. I've never had one of them. The Christmas mimosa.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I do actually, which is a Christmas drink which I just realized, which because I.
Speaker 1: Obviously only do this once a year.
Speaker 2: What we do is we get like the jello shots in those little yellow glasses with vodka obviously, and then we get some whipped cream, put it on the top of the shots once they've been made, and then like a little red button and they look like a Santa hat.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say the mistletoe shots.
Speaker 1: Is that the same thing?
Speaker 3: Yellow shot? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And do they look like Sandra's hat?
Speaker 3: Well? These are green, a bit of stuff, candycane on the top and a bit of mint. But they're exactly the same.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 3: Our favorite one is the Grinch and the Christmas Tree. They're like Maduri maduri. Yeah, A much of other stuff there, unbelievable. A candy cane you mix it in.
Speaker 1: Oh so you put a candy cane in it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll have to do that. I'm definitely going to do that on Christmas because I love that. There's nothing better than a cocktail. And when they're Christmas themed. It just makes them so much better.
Speaker 3: The Christmas vibe. So I'll leave my recipes up on the Facebook page. Everyone get around them. Send us your photos as well. I'd love to see some of your photos. Are the ones you make.
Speaker 2: I'll make some and I'll definitely put them on the Facebook page. I want you to do the same. I want to see I want to see how the og does it?
Speaker 3: Okay, what of pressure on me? Now?
Speaker 2: Look, we know you guys are loving the hotline, but since it's Christmas, we were like, we need some of your crazy Christmas stories. So thank you so much to everyone who has sent their stories through.
Speaker 3: Do you have any crazy Christmas stories? I mean, Christmas is a time where families get together, and not all families a smooth sailing. Let's be honest. You say you can't pick your family.
Speaker 1: You can't pick your family.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of crazy drunk huncles. There's a lot of angry grandparents, there's a lot of I'll I'll tell our stories before we go to the listeners. But do you have one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Look like we've had everything from like my brother getting food poisoning on Christmas Day and just like project our vomiting, and everyone was like, you've totally.
Speaker 1: Run Christmas dinner because now all we can sell is vomit.
Speaker 2: A couple of Christmases ago, my family was just the four of us. There was like a bit of beef, and I think it had something to do with the fact that my brother was hungover from the night before he had been out drinking. You know, it's a big thing at the moment, and not just at the moment, it's been full forever. Christmas Eve parties they just fuck up everyone's Christmas plans. They put all of the twenty year old and teenagers into the bad books for Christmas Day because they moody hungover. Guys, if you can't deal with the hangover on Christmas Day and push through and pretend like you're fine, don't go to a Christmas Eve party. That is my number one piece of advice for everyone, because honestly, we have had some wars in our household with my brother being hungover.
Speaker 3: So on that my best mate Dale's birthdays on the twenty fourth of December, oh so selfishly back when we were he's now stopped that, but back when we were eighteen nineteen twenty twenty one, we would go.
Speaker 1: Out to celebrate.
Speaker 3: It would celebrate and we would get fucked up. And I remember one year I came home at godly hours of the morning. I'm not sure, but I remember looking at my cock and thinking, oh, it's a couple of hours before everyone gets up for Christmas. So I passed out under the Christmas tree, rip all the present Santa Special, yeah, with the no top on. I remember because it was used to be the local nightclub where we would go and then wrestle in the kebab shop, so which is poured. They'd give you water as you let left, and you'd pour water all over the floor of the tiles and you'd wrestle and we'd just be drunk. It's nineteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's poor people who owned the kebab shop.
Speaker 1: They must have hated you.
Speaker 3: So I remember slipping over and hitting my slide of my thing and.
Speaker 1: It was all bruised inside of your bum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I woke up and my mom was like, Matthew, Matthew, and I remember laying on it and I was like, oh, not to mention my head. She's like, have a shower and go to bed, and I was like She's like, everyone's getting up, so you don't want to ruin Emma's Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh your poor muk.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, so I got off off the Chris, off the floor, underneath the Christmas tree and under off the presence, and yeah, I came to I was young then my liver was a fighter over for Christmas Day. But yeah, that was back in the day.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I've also been sick on Christmas, have you.
Speaker 2: Well with like hangover a few poison food poisoning.
Speaker 3: I remember I ate way too many prawns a Christmas lunch and I was meant to have this girl around for that Christmas night for you know, like to hang out. And I remember sitting on the toilet with the door open, and I was like crying, telling my mum and my sisters to take me to hospital. Oh my stomach has exploded in itself.
Speaker 2: Well, on that note, let's hear everyone's Christmas stories on the hot line today.
Speaker 1: Hello, you've reached Anna and Nutt.
Speaker 3: We can't get to the phone right now, but.
Speaker 2: Please leave us a message on our hot line after the beep.
Speaker 3: Okay, so our first hot line comes in from Ellie. Let's hear what Christmas horror story or what Christmas story she has to tell us.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, So my Christmas story is from when I was a kid, Me and my brothers still believed in Santa. I think I was like five years old at the time. Anyway, So on Christmas Eve we went to bed and during the night, I woke up because I heard some really loud bangss and like some muffed muff voices coming from downstairs. So of course thought it was Sannah, so it crept them down it's just by on him. But it wasn't Sannah. It was our neighbor who was drunk from our Christmas Eve drinks, and he led himself into her house and was proclaiming his love for my mom anyway, so weird. My dad kicked him out, and apparently my mom had no idea that he felt that way.
Speaker 1: What that is fucking weird. That is the strangest story I've ever heard of my life.
Speaker 3: I thought it was going to be their parents were doing the doing the dirty, doing the dirty, having sex. But I think that's that's better than seeing catching your parents.
Speaker 2: So yeah, definitely better than catching your parents.
Speaker 1: But geez, like, how is the audacity of this neighbor.
Speaker 3: That's actually very funny, eliot. I wonder what happened. Did they ever speak to their neighbor again? Did the mom did the dad?
Speaker 1: Probably like we we've got to move.
Speaker 3: We've got to move the guy next door who loves you. Imagine though, that like your your wife, like your next door neighbor's in love with your wife, you wouldn't ever want to leave a home alone again.
Speaker 2: In case, what a cool memory and a sight to see at five years old. I mean fucking hopefully that doesn't happen to anyone this Christmas.
Speaker 3: I imagine if you came down and he was dressed like Santa and he was declaring love, and you actually thought as a kid, and he loves my mom, Dad, I want mom to be with Santa. I want to go to the North follow with Santa. Okay, So our next one comes in from Rob. Let's have a listen to this one.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, my girlfriend's a fan and she wanted me to send this into you. So a few years ago, my brother's girlfriend broke up with him on Christmas Day. We just finished Christmas lunch and we're all going to go hang out at the pool, and she was like actually no, I'm going see you. And she left. They'd been together for like four years, and yeah, that was it. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: That is savage.
Speaker 3: That is like it's a season for giving, a season to be kind to everyone. She's just gone, why do you reckon? Do you reckon? She had that planned?
Speaker 1: No, I think something must have happened. And she's like, I can't do.
Speaker 3: It anymore, can't wait by how much gravy he put on his Christmas hand and Christmas turkey.
Speaker 2: She's like, you can't ruin someone's Christmas like that. At least wait until the time in between Christmas and New Year. Like I feel like maybe.
Speaker 3: Then did he say that it was at his Christmas as well? So she's just packed up from her family, his family and just gone, see, I'm leaving. So awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that takes.
Speaker 3: Falls to do that.
Speaker 2: Imagine having to console someone on Christmas Day because the girlfriend of four youth has broken up.
Speaker 3: With them, literally right in front of you at the dinner.
Speaker 1: You'd be in disbelieve. I'm in disbelieve hearing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, blood is shocking. Okay, So our next one comes in from Jess.
Speaker 6: Him at Nana. It's just here second time caller. Actually I called a few weeks ago. You appreciate the first Dates hotline and you use my message about the first date about that I went on with a guy who wouldn't stop bitching about his ex. Well, I have a Christmas story for you this time, and it's a family story. So a few years ago, my big extended family was doing a Secret Sannah and my mum was in charge of it. And so she's like she's getting everyone's names together and you know, telling everyone who they have to buy for and everything. And so Christmas Day rolls around and now a bit of backstory. I am one of two. I have a younger sister, and there's been a running joke in my family forever that my sister is the favorite of the two of us. It's very funny. I'm fine, but it is.
Speaker 1: It's just a running joke.
Speaker 6: And so anyway, so Christmas Day rolls around and everyone's like getting handed their presence and opening and being like, oh who had me and all this stuff? And suddenly all the presents had been given out and I didn't get a Secret Santa present.
Speaker 3: And then I look over, I got her.
Speaker 1: And my sister has.
Speaker 6: Two secret Santa presents bizally, and it turns out that my mom had accidentally put my sister's name in the Secret Santa thing twice, and she had put my name in no times, so she was horrified. She felt so bad about it. It was a complete like slip of the mind. But you know, I've obviously never let her live it down, and I never will.
Speaker 3: You have this problem. Was Chris the favorite growing up? Or were you?
Speaker 2: I think he might have been because he was like the younger boy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think like my mom.
Speaker 2: Had Chrissy as her favorite, and I was my dad's favorite.
Speaker 3: I think, okay, my mum was very good. We never played like. We never had favorites. Dad's favorite was clearly Lara, but Mum, you could never tell who it was. I never was stuck in a situation with it like that, Like that would be you'd get so.
Speaker 2: Angry if I would be furious if that was me, Like I would be so salty about that, because like, if it's already a running joke and then the mom puts the sister in twice, I'd be like absolutely not, Like you owe me big time.
Speaker 3: I would pack my bags and be like I'm done here. I don't to find someone else I would appreciate and love me for who I am and get me a secret Santa.
Speaker 2: I hope that this Christmas it's all equal and siblings and presents, and you know everyone feels the same amount of love, because there's.
Speaker 1: Nothing worse Christmas not getting than the.
Speaker 2: Favorite getting really shown to be the favorite. Okay, Matt, Well, that's all we have time for. We hope everyone has a beautiful Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's this week.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the time with all of your loved ones and Merry Christmas from Where's your Head at?
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas everyone, and as always, don't forget to join our Facebook group Where's your Head at them? Or if you have any stories, any topics, any advice, one of your any tea you want to spill, anything you want to send to us, please send a voice note to our Instagram Where's your Head Out pod to get featured on our episode. We'd love to hear from you. This is about you, guys. We want to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, until next time, Bye bye,