Speaker 1: Last time we had our next guest on the show, he was giving us strong endorsement to go Jo, Australia's Eurovision entry this year.
Speaker 2: When I say sweet, sweet, you say yum ye.
Speaker 1: This time he's probably pretty focused.
Speaker 2: Who knows why? Please welcome to the show. Sitting Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: Ad Today Albany say hello, how are we?
Speaker 4: We've that Prime Minister Anthony Albanize on the phone.
Speaker 3: It is indeed, good morning morning elbow.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm going okay? You know what's day thirty six seven? It feels like it's been going for thirty seven years?
Speaker 1: Are you, Albo?
Speaker 5: What are you running on? Are we having like ten coffees a day? Are we? How are we fueling up for this?
Speaker 2: Right? Course?
Speaker 3: Speed adrenaline. I've got to say, I'm speaking to you in the car off to an electorate in Brisbane and I do have not one but two coffees. Well done.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love the footage of you walking into a school yesterday like an absolute rock star, all the kids high fiving.
Speaker 2: How many of the kids do you, reckon, actually knew who you were?
Speaker 3: They knew exactly who I was.
Speaker 2: Pretty smart kids.
Speaker 6: These days, they.
Speaker 3: Were just lovely kids and that was just it was just nice to engage with them. And of course that's one of the things that we've done in government to give but full and fair funding to every single school in Australia. Signed the agreement there in Victoria earlier this year in January, we came to that agreement and we've agreed with every single state and territory and that just means that no child will be left behind. But I was there with Roger Cooks at the premiere of Wa and it was quite a fun thing to do towards the end of a campaign. It really lifted me up.
Speaker 2: Prime Minister. It's Clint stant Way here. Good morning, Clint.
Speaker 1: Your beautiful fiance has penned a letter in the paper today. Now I love how she opens the letter.
Speaker 2: Did she run this past you? Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: I haveluteen it?
Speaker 2: So the first part she's quite proud of.
Speaker 1: It, thankfully. She opens with it won't surprise Australians. I'll be voting Labor on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Start.
Speaker 5: You can keep her for another year.
Speaker 2: You relieved.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping her for life.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: Among other things, she says that Anthony is a man who respects and values women. You've had her by your side throughout this campaign.
Speaker 2: What does she mean to you?
Speaker 3: PM, She's just fantastic and to this morning, you know she's still in the hotel room, say at the moment rather than going to the early events, but this morning. But she's been just great when you go through really long days having someone to talk to it at the end of the day and just to be there and be supportive. She's also really smart and does particularly will make sure as well. She has a different perspective as a woman. She's very clear about issues like working from home. Like when that came up, she was just onto us every day saying this is a big issue. But these people don't understand, you know, what modern situations are, like what impact this will have on women in particular. And I said to her every day, yep, I know we can against it, like go harder. I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that she the lord down.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she's a top's the Central Coast from New South Wales.
Speaker 5: In your house.
Speaker 3: They make them up. I think the truth is that there's a little fluffy.
Speaker 2: Ah four poor the dog.
Speaker 3: Gets whatever she wants.
Speaker 6: In a way, we are voting in the couple you know what I mean, you talk to your partner. So I think that's great that she's putting her input in. I remember when the Obamas were running for their spot in the Oval, they promised the kids a dog at the end of the campaign just because it's so much work. Have you you promised jo Checking a little holiday, but a jewelry. Doesn't she get a wedding?
Speaker 3: Oh look, well she gets a wedding regardless, and it might be a little bit more private if tomorrow. So so we did that. We did have to delay it effectively because of uh yeah, concentrating on.
Speaker 5: Running the country, the job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of that. She certainly understood that. We did have a cheeky idea of because we got engaged on Valentine's Day last year, of just doing it just to a really quiet official thing in Valentine's Day this year and seeing how long it would take before people get the wedding your We did it, but we decided her parents wouldn't be happy with it.
Speaker 5: We want a big wedding. We want the big wedding.
Speaker 3: We will have a small wedding, but it will be will be really nice.
Speaker 2: That's so cute. I had the same conversation with my wife the other way.
Speaker 5: All right, elbow. It is the eve of the election.
Speaker 4: This is the last ditch effort to tell people who haven't decided why they should vote for you. In an elevator pitch. What is it that you're going to do to make this country better.
Speaker 3: We're going to give every Australian taxpayer a tax cut. We're going to cut twenty percent of student debt, five percent deposits for new home buyers and build more houses one point two million of them. Will make Free Taste permanent. We'll deliver our cheaper childcare with our three day childcare guarantee. We'll make more things here in Australia. If you want to continue to move forward, vote labor, don't go backwards. We can't afford to do that.
Speaker 2: PM.
Speaker 1: Who are you watching with tomorrow night? Who is in your inner inner circle? And will you be watching? I asked Peter Dutton, We asked Peter Dutton yesterday. He consided he wouldn't be watching the ABC coverage. I dare say you will be watching the ABC coverage.
Speaker 3: I'll be watching all of them. I don't know what this channeling of sort of American politics to bag anything to do with the public, including the public broadcasters about I'll be switching between all of the channels. There'll be myself and Jody and my son Nathan. There'll be a couple of other people, but it'll be pretty small. It was last time. You don't want I don't think lots of people around. And yeah, we take nothing for granted. Remember twenty and nineteen there was a shock and an unexpected outcome. So we'll be working right up to six o'clock tomorrow night. I will be in Melbourne and I can confirm that, oh great, And I'll be in Melbourne later today both Clint.
Speaker 2: Having a Clint have an election.
Speaker 6: Party's got back at Doritos and some subsider, some cider.
Speaker 2: If you're free, Jody and the family, you welcome up round.
Speaker 3: I'll be back in my electric tomorrow. That's very poor. If you've got something on the night, I.
Speaker 5: Can't imagine you've got much of.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 6: Just before we let you go, we're going to give you a great honor this morning. Every Friday on the show, we like to.
Speaker 4: Be the greatest honor of your life.
Speaker 2: We like to play an old school banger.
Speaker 6: After eight o'clock a song that just brings this city vibe to a high for the weekend. We call it our lights on sing along. What would your song choice be for the banger today?
Speaker 3: And that's a sing along. There's no better sing along than Am I ever going to see your face again? By the.
Speaker 2: I did not see that one coming.
Speaker 3: I love it, and almost every one of your listeners just got the joke.
Speaker 5: For our music programing. Dorming here shortly and be like, what on earth are you playing this sport.
Speaker 2: Prime Minister?
Speaker 1: And would you like to dedicate it to any one?
Speaker 3: You know it's obvious, So.
Speaker 6: Hi elbow, good luck for the weekend, mate, You've been a good sport laid up to the election.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: No fantastic to talk with you, and I hope you still want to talk to me next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mate, anytime.
Speaker 1: Jason Lauren Lauren wake how feeling good following them on the socials.