Speaker 1: That's so Hello to our next guest.
Speaker 2: Our next guest is a Ford for North Melbourne, affectionately known as Tom.
Speaker 1: Last time he was in.
Speaker 2: Studio, he hard launched his girlfriend alive on here.
Speaker 3: This is a hard launch. This is a beautiful Olivia. Do you love it? I do?
Speaker 2: What a moment and I believe this time he promised our producers hit do something even big out.
Speaker 3: Please welcome to the studio.
Speaker 4: Charlie comment Charlie, good morning, Good morning guys, thanks for having me again.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 4: We love having you in the studio. Now you boys all squirmed when you said that you loved to go.
Speaker 5: That's so weird for you.
Speaker 2: Clinty, Well, I've never been in love Lauren, so I wouldn't know what it's like.
Speaker 4: Now has your girlfriend forgiven you for dragging her into the studio to meet the whole of Melbourne YT?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has no. She was very good about it. I thought she spoke really well on as well. But it blew up into a bit of a check the media, media skill, a media storm a few days after I got everywhere, and it didn't really bargain for So.
Speaker 4: Now that's Jase's fault. Whoa whoa, it was your idea, it wasn't She said, call her now and get her in here. Then he said to our producers, off there, go down to the car parking.
Speaker 1: Ye prints he left her in the car with the window down a bit. I was like, that is rude. Bring her in. I was just offering the girl some shelter, yeah, and con the coffee.
Speaker 2: The Herald's un Confidential went big on it.
Speaker 3: That was it must have been a highlight. The one that got me, though, Clint, was Daily Mail.
Speaker 5: They are they always get it right.
Speaker 3: They printed my name as Charlie Coomban about.
Speaker 4: If it makes you feel any better. The Daily Mail have been writing that I'm forty seven for the.
Speaker 1: Last time, which is not true.
Speaker 2: That's come on, can we talk some footy Charlie? Yeah, let's do it now. Big game for the Ruse this weekend because I mean they've been improving, they've been going to some decent results recently and the supporters should be really encouraged by the form. But a real test looms against arguably the addstick of the competition, the Pies. How do you attack that game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll come in with a lot of confidence. The last four weeks have been really good in terms of improvement and being in games late. We've defended the ground a lot better, so we'll look to take confidence from that into this game against Collinwood and hopefully play that was written on the white board.
Speaker 1: Be interesting. You mentioned like, you know, holding confidence and holding on right to the end. That's when the Pies sort of do their best work. They're normally the comeback.
Speaker 3: They're always been really good late in games and they won that premiership two years ago based off really coming home strong and winning late games. So we'll have a big test. They're unbelievable, so they're first in the competition for a reason. So it's a big charge for us this week.
Speaker 4: Does it help your confidence a little bit playing at Marvel instead of at the MCG.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a home game for us, so we'll expect a big crowd arouse supporters down there, and they make a big noise for being small in numbers.
Speaker 5: So crowd really like is there having a home ground?
Speaker 4: Obviously the ground is one thing, but having your home team supporter base there being that loud, is that really a game changer?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's funny. Lots of people ask this and it does make a big difference. It's it's momentum and momentum that ten times is a lot in is a lot in football, and when you hear the crowd really getting behind you when you've kicked two goals in a row, it really does it.
Speaker 5: Does you are help? Some wonder that if I'm actually it's going to help.
Speaker 1: The roof because she's going to be a wet wie.
Speaker 4: Yes, you play inside all the time if that's your home ground. Is it hard when you get up to the MCG in the elements?
Speaker 3: Yes? No, we play a lot of games down in Hobart and Tasmania, which we've been lucky to have good weather, but sometimes it chops up there and gets really windy, so so we get Yeah, it's so hard to catch the ball. We get the best of both worll Hey, can I.
Speaker 2: Ask you about Alastair Clarkson, because I know he's been very big for you and your development. You've come, you've come along in leaps and bounds this year. Especially what's he like as a coach and a mentor is from the outside looking in, a lot of us would probably think he's a bit of a you know, he's a real tough guy might give players a spray. I mean, is it a mix of of hard love and also cuddling you as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he touched and he's been instrumental in my career the last two years. He moved me from forward to go down back and it more or less saved my career from injury. So I've got Clark to thank for that. But yeah, he's really genuine in care and he likes to build relationships with his players. But he still does have that hard edge, a coped bit of a spray. Yesterday training I missed the kicks, So he's still got the hard edge, but he you know, he's when to bring it out. He directed me to kick it along a few times from a certain set play and I didn't in this circumstance, and he just whacked his hat in his head. He said, John, kick it long? How many times you have.
Speaker 5: To tell you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: It's like, did you know?
Speaker 3: I knew I'd made a mistakes? So yeah, he always follows up afterwards.
Speaker 2: When the dog jumps on the couch, right, get off the couch, do.
Speaker 1: You know better? Yes? I did the same with the kids that the kids. Charlie Comman is in from the Ruse this morning, we're going to take a quick break. We're going to come back and chat more next Good morning Melbourne, three to eight Here on Overer one hundred. Your chance to win five grand coming up in a tick with the five K question. Charlie Common is in from the Ruse. Hey off the air. Charlie thinks he's worked out the grand final.
Speaker 5: Entertainment was Katie Perry last year? She was great, She was good.
Speaker 1: Just before we get to that though, a big weekend of forty for good. Friend of the show, Christopher Trarca Clint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations to Track. He chalks up two hundred games this weekend. I know he's been through a lot in the last twelve months, but keeping in mind when he was recruited to the club, his first year was ruined.
Speaker 1: He did his knee.
Speaker 3: He was an.
Speaker 2: Act year, so I hadn't played a game and his knee. So to chalk up two hundred games is huge. And he spoke. He spoke a little earlier last year.
Speaker 3: Was the hardest part of your career to get through mentally physically?
Speaker 6: Is that not even part of my career, just part of my life. Yeah, and my wife Bella obviously that's really difficult, but yeah, I think it's for me.
Speaker 3: It's been.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've gotten through together, which is the main thing. It's given me a feeling that I never would have had before the injury. I think I took footy for granted a little bit, but and life. But it makes me realize how lucky we are.
Speaker 2: On Track, he's a Premiership player these days and they take on the Swans on Sunday at the mcg brother Oh, well done.
Speaker 3: Track.
Speaker 5: Two hundred games is no mean feat. That's a lot of games.
Speaker 1: Oh how you play?
Speaker 5: How many of you played?
Speaker 3: It'll be my thirty ninth this week in six years. So I've had similar to Track of a few injuries early in my career, which so much from playing. So last year is my full year of footy.
Speaker 5: What are the big cellos? Do you celebrate fifty or just one hundred?
Speaker 1: It feels like my hundred, Charlie make the call. Now, who do you think is going to be doing Grand Final entertainment in September?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was speaking about this with a few of the boys at the club yesterday and we think Pitbull could be the one. At the end of the year, he'll be in town in October, will be the crowd.
Speaker 4: Going amazing mistery or five. I flew to Vegas for a weekend with my girlfriend who's obsessed with people, just to say this is years ago, and he played so late in the evening. We'd been at a pool party during the day and she flew to the other side of the word team and she fell asleep.
Speaker 5: To make it, but it was one of the best nights of my life.
Speaker 3: It would have been. He's got so many tracks everything.
Speaker 5: After imagine this at the g on Ground Finals.
Speaker 1: It's going to have to be should give.
Speaker 5: Out Perry did a bit of a medal, Yeah, should give.
Speaker 1: Out Avi to sunglasses everyone at the g Arlie.
Speaker 2: Who would be your ideal Grand Final day performer?
Speaker 3: Who would you love to see?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So Oasis of Reform this year and I'd love to see him at Graham Folliday.
Speaker 1: Let's just get them to their concept.
Speaker 5: Do you reckon they're going to make it to Melbourn or they'll split up before then?
Speaker 3: Again, Well I hope so, because they've got tis all three nights. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't see it lasting, but I'd really like to see.
Speaker 4: Him all we fine, are we making so much money on that tour't they?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: Before I was asking if Mazda is still a sponsor because I wonder if you witnessed this.
Speaker 5: A few years ago.
Speaker 4: I was an ambassador for for a long time and they asked me to host their what I thought was their game They host their game day, so I thought it was the game day function. Clint like, what you do? So what do you wear when you host the Melbourne game suit? So I wore a little like a beautiful dress, like a mini skirt dress because you're.
Speaker 5: Like pin thin, very tall stilettos.
Speaker 1: Where was the location, mar Oh yeah, so you would have been in the endeavor room or something.
Speaker 4: Beautiful and warm and well that's where the problem came in. So I turned up in my stilettos and my mini skirt and the game day they were talking about was a half time running race on the field. We're a master guard went around like the led D screens and someone had to race against it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the groundskeeper.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, where's the function.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh no, no, you're not doing the function. This is the game day that you're hosting. And I was like, I had to walk into the well. I didn't have to run thing I thought I had to run. I didn't run, but I had to commentate this cheer squad member running against the Mazda and the whole game.
Speaker 5: I had to stand in the race. It was so cold.
Speaker 4: Then I had to walk out. I had to tiptoe all the way into the middle with these stilettos. I nearly went down about fifteen times, and I'd.
Speaker 5: Say get a North Melbourne fair.
Speaker 4: About fifty messages from people that were at that game, going, what on earth are you doing anything for the money?
Speaker 1: On car?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? Do they still do that where people have to race against the car?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it for a bit. I think it's actually on.
Speaker 5: The They do them.
Speaker 3: A few clubs do different variants.
Speaker 5: What do you Has anyone ever actually beaten the car?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I haven't seen anyone. I'm usually listening to clark Os Bramy. I mean a BT fifty fifty.
Speaker 5: To those figures.
Speaker 3: Great good. I'm an ambassador for saling you stuff.
Speaker 5: It's a a BT fifty big. I've won for a while. Chicks and Newts, What do.
Speaker 3: You put in the back? I've had the same stuff in the back since I've got it, and it's just because I don't have any room I shed at homes. There's a swag, a few footballs and I think a pair of runners in there swag dog yeah yeah yeah Cam yeah.
Speaker 1: Like hiking yeah, Hey Charlie, good luck for the weekend against the pause, but actually getting did the Oasis concert as well?
Speaker 5: When is that Oasistober?
Speaker 2: Or you could take your guitar along to jump on on on stage with the Gallaghan get booed off status, No way, Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the Socials