Speaker 1: Apoday production.
Speaker 2: We begin today by acknowledging the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather today and pay our respects to their elders past and present. We extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's here today. Welcome to the Grow and Glow Podcast. I'm Ashy, I'm Kiara. This is a podcast where we learn, laugh, and level up together. Let's go deep, let the emotions flow, and find the lessons to grow and glow.
Speaker 1: Nothing is off the table with Grow and Glow, and we're here to be your expander. Hello, guys, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: Excited to be here Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Or afternoon, whenever you are listening to this. Got a fun episode or not a fun one, more informative one. Yeah, for all of our gals on their healthy girl era. Yeah, but before we get into it, share over the week. What have you got for us?
Speaker 2: These drops really excited. So they're tanning drops, which I haven't really gotten into before.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I initially got these drops to like just try it on my face because I always found that when I use self tanner on my face, it went really dry. I got breakouts. So I've changed over to it's called Tanologist. They're Tenologists, the extra dark ones from price Line. So you literally mix with moisturizer like five drops and rub it in really really well, and then put all over your face, and your face is just like glowing the next day. Then I looked on TikTok, good old TikTok. Yeah, and you can use it all over your whole body. So now I've been doing that as well. So you know how you're talking about finding a tan that doesn't smell, Yes, babe, it does not smell. Mix it in with my Hideaway. So you do one body part at a time, put about five or six drops and you can spill it up if it's not dark enough. Next day, add some more drops and more hideaway and it's so easy you can sleep in. It doesn't go on your sheets, it doesn't transfer, doesn't stink, it's not sticky or tacky. I've just been loving them.
Speaker 1: So I've always used them for my face, not that brand, a different brand, really natural one. I love it. Not for my body. I've never tried that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So mine is the black Essence perfume from Hideaway. I love it it's the dupe of black Opium by why Cell. It smells so similar. It is just beautiful and out of all the fragrances that we've done at Hideaway. When it comes to the perfumes, which if you're doing a Hideaway warehouse right now, every single order has perfume in it, Like it is our number one selling product right now, which is crazy. But the Black Essence is just the number one seller. It is the most sexiest, feminine, beautiful scent. I love it.
Speaker 2: It's literally in my handbag right now. Ye.
Speaker 1: Last time we both had it, so choose one, but I just keep going back to that one. Yeah, Whereas when it comes to my custards, I prefer more fruity sense.
Speaker 2: I do really like the Aurora roots for daytime though sometimes yes, yeah, Kurt loves the Black Essence, but I'm really liking the Aurora roote, the dupe of Baccarat, yeah, which is like four hundred dollars. Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Popular, but it is really nice. Yeah, love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's my share of the week is a nice new perfume. I don't use perform daily, but on like date nights or like going somewhere special. It just makes me feel like, I don't know, it's just so nice springing my step. I'm like, oh, it's like when Steve Red's Colonne. He doesn't wear it off to either, but when he wears it, I'm like, oh, hello, so nice, so sexy.
Speaker 2: So sexy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're right. So we're going to get into an episode all about restoring our health and happiness. So we wanted to share a bunch of different things that we have consistently done that we really think improves our overall vitality, overall mental and emotional wellbeing. We want to share them because I feel like we can always learn more and do better when it comes to that. So absolutely, yeah, we'll get started. I want to ask you, and I'll share mine as well. What are some things that you think that all of us should be incorporating more of?
Speaker 2: Meditating, like honestly, just stopping branding, putting our feet outside in the grass, meditating. I feel like we've just all become so disc from ourselves and from the earth and from just like how lucky we aren't even just be here and be alive every single day. They're just taking that time out, that tiny bit of time like five minutes in the morning. Eve, it takes to just yeah, yeah, connect with yourself one per how about you?
Speaker 1: For me, I think daily movement.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think as we get older and we're sitting at desk, like more often most people sit at a desk for their work. Now, just moving your body. It doesn't have to be a gym session. It doesn't have to be swimming laps. It can literally just be a walk, stretching, just movement. It's so good for your energy and for your mental health. Like it is honestly like an antidepressant for me. If I don't go to the gym, I just mentally do not cope. Yeah, I go there. It mentally and emotionally helps me show up as a person I want to be, and it consistently has for the last twenty odd years. Definitely, it's like one thing that I just know does not fail me. Yeah, So daily movement. And also I think we all should be having a massive skull of water when we wake up in the morning. A lot of people just don't. You're so dehydrated from sleeping six seven, eight, nine, ten hours not having any liquid. I scull back five hundred meals every single morning.
Speaker 2: Do you drink throughout the night. No, see, I drink a glass water throughout the night.
Speaker 1: Oh, broken sleep.
Speaker 2: Every time I wake up, I'm like, I'll just have a few muffuls of water, but I wake up peeps throughout the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: I'm a light sleeper. But yeah, you speaking about stretching before the other day, I actually put on wasn't a guided meditation with just meditation background music, and did like a big stretch right before bed. It was so nice. Yeah, and I didn't get to the gym that day, and it's just like the one thing that I was like, I need to do something.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was beautiful. Even you're watching a TV series like I'll just go down for five minutes and choose like three stretches and hold each for a couple of minutes. You do that every single night. Yeah, for a couple of months. Imagine you're much more flexible, You're gonna be much more easy, your body's going to be the less chance of injury, like so important. You can just choose a couple of things, so daily movement, hydration in the morning, more sun being present. I know, I know it's controversial, and my mum's had skin cancer, I get it. There's a fine balance, but I think we've gone so far the other way that we're just so like sunscreen orientated and stay out of the sun. But vitamin D is so important, and if you're deficient in vitamin D, your body can't even absorb, it can't regulate as well. It affects your cicadia and rhythm. Like it's just so important. They reckon you should get out first thing in the morning and like just go out and like bask in the sun for five minutes to start your day. Just wakes your body up. It's so good for you. It's good few energy.
Speaker 2: So nice in summer as well, Like we're speaking my way up when it's a bit warmer, but you can go out and just like if you want too nude, yeah, and just like fully let the sun have access to you. That's a bit chilly.
Speaker 1: Every time I was breastfeeding, and one of the best things for sore nipples is going out in the sun because it toughens them up.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember just like being in the backyard and I was like, after a bed tiler, just go out and like put them in the sun.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that in my life.
Speaker 1: It's so good and just so grounding too. It sounds like really relaxing, but it's also energizing. Yeah, so they'd be my top.
Speaker 2: Three the heat. Yes, what certain things would you never eat?
Speaker 1: Oh? I really try to avoid artificial sweetness like sugar, alcohols. They just upset my stomach so much. And I just think it's so artificial that your body doesn't recognize it doesn't know what to do with it, and it just stalls in your body. Like it's just it's not good for us, and it can cause hormone issues, headaches, bloating, digestive issues. Just no, thank you. I want to say soft drinks. But every couple of months I have a Pepsi Max. I actually even have one in a really long time because I've been having their Sodaly and next bar. So I feel quite satisfied with my bubblies. Personally, I don't love tofu. It upsets my tummy and it's just so processed. I know a lot of ven Sharings have it, but it's not good for my guts.
Speaker 2: I get upset stomach from it too. Yeah, real bloated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's so processed, it's not a natural thing that's like grown from the ground, nice, so processed. But a lot of people love it and like that says source of protein. But for me, it's just no go. Not something i'd ever give my kids either.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: My top three are about you.
Speaker 2: So soft drinks after talking to you when Lee, But I don't have a problem with that anyway, because I don't like fizzy drinks. So I spoke with Ashy about this, like I'm not a fizzy drink gal. And for me would just be smoking and vaping. There are two things.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of friends at the moment that are vaping and they're like, I'm so addicted and it looks like it's such a hard habit to break.
Speaker 1: So I just would not start smoking, vaping any recreational drugs, no, thank you, yeah, no thanks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Vaping's a scary one, isn't it. It is?
Speaker 2: And it's like I feel like we're smoking. There's so many bad effects, like you smell like it, but vaping smells nice, I know, So it's not even like a bad thing, or it's very discreet. It's easy to do because it's not really smelly or smoky.
Speaker 1: Or every path is like you're inhaling ten thousand chemicals or something like. It's something about like that. Yeah, So they're the foods that we would avoid. What are the foods that you make sure you have every single day or you like to focus on because it makes you feel so healthy and happy.
Speaker 2: Something that I always speak about to you. You'll know this Straightaway's avocado, Yeah, and even just more healthy fats in general. I feel like growing up, when I was like looking into all that stuff, I got really scared of healthy fat.
Speaker 1: Everyone got scared of the word fat, healthy fat.
Speaker 2: But now I really really feel so much better when I incorporate just like a tiny little in my breakfast. I have like a little palm full of nuts, yeah, on the top of my birch amusally every morning, and then some avocado. Just some healthy fats make me feel so good. Obviously protein feel incredible of protein as well, But there's something about when I don't have enough fats and I'm lacking, I can feel it in my body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not surprised. And avocado it's an actual super food. Oh, it's incredible, so nutrient rich for you. Yeah, I loved it. Greens in general, that's definitely one of my top ones. Yeah, I just don't think we're eating enough greens, but quality greens, like try to go organic because yeah, I've spoken about this before, but the soil that grows in affects the nutrients in the actual vegetable. But we have broccoli every single night, like guaranteed. But even in smoothiess like I'll either put a handful of spinach or put half a zecchini in there. Yeah, green powders like I just try and make sure I get enough greens and fiber each day.
Speaker 2: Even veggies too, chomper not having roast veggies roast.
Speaker 1: So young, it's so delicious and fiber. I think a lot of people are lacking in fiber and toilet regularly. But you're going to get through your fruits and vegetables as well. Very true.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big fruit eater. I've been trying to purposely eat a bit more because I do feel better when I happened like eat and kind of did that a little bit for me. But I would not just go like I'm just going to pick up a piece of fruit normally unless I'm like on the go, bring a banana with me.
Speaker 1: I love fruit there's so many antioxidants in fruits.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I've been trying to consciously eat a bit more. I need to think about it. It's not something I just like pick up and in summer.
Speaker 1: I feel like you probably have more like stea beets watermelon in summer the day to day. He doesn't eat.
Speaker 2: Fruit either, so controversial. I'm not a huge watermelon. I'll eat it, I'll always eat it when it's out, but I'm not like, oh my gosh, like I would rather strawberries.
Speaker 1: Over Yeah, I love watermelon.
Speaker 2: Oh mango is my jam.
Speaker 1: Oh mango is good that we spoke a lot about supplements before. I feel like I've gotten you onto a lot of supplements you're so proud of, like how consistent you've been.
Speaker 2: What thinks mate?
Speaker 1: But I feel like there is a handful of supplements that most of us could incorporate or should be having, magnesium being one of them. If you've listened to the episode with Levi as well. I think a lot of people are really zinc deficient and vitamin D deficient for shu oils. I've recently started taking Vishalis again. Yeah, and I do think a lot of us need to do a course of probotics more often. Yeah, not just after you have antibotics or not just when your gut feels really yuck. Like, do a couple of courses throughout the year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two things I love to have now after speaking to Levi as well, is vitamin B six and B twelve. So they're both really great for nervous system and regulation. Also, I went through a big phase when I was really stressed where I was taking ashwagandha. But it's not something you can take consistently for a long time, but if you're having because it throws your balance off if you do it for a long period of time. Yeah, so I did a bit of research on it. But whenever you went through a stressful situation, yeah, or even if you just got a stressy day off, the kids are really getting at you just to like have one or two. But yeah, it's really helped me out when I've gone through different challenges in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of mushrooms, actually took Turkey's taiale for a while. Incredible. That incredible for your immune system. Very controversial, but there's a guy in America who grows them and no one come at me because I feel like this is such a controversial topic. Mushrooms haven't actually tripop fro mushrooms myself yet. But anyway, this turkey Tail one, he had four women. They all had stage four breast cancer, including his mother who was eighty eight years old. Two of them took turkey Tale, two didn't Stage four, like you're gone. Two of them that took turkey Tale fully made a full recovery. What the two that didn't passed away. So when one of my girlfriend's mum got diagnosed with breast cancer and it was in a sponge to cancer everywhere, I was like, watch this talk like do your own research, but if I ever get cancer, this is one thing I'll be taking. And I took it consistently just for immune system anyway, And she took Tookytail as well. Has got another mushroom blend from a natchpath in America, but cancers are gone far. She had it in her breast she had, and a spine she had, and a hips second time getting cancer and the doctors could not believe it fully gone. Holy So I just fully believe and the power of plants and mushrooms. Yeah, but yeah, I used to take to Caytail used to order HERB but it's just an incredible free immune system. I take vitamin D as well, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, vitamin D all those feel good ones.
Speaker 1: Yes, the b's and the ds. I think at mega three's like fish oils and magnesium. If you're just starting out, there'd be the true I'd get to start with, and then I would do get a full blood count done, So get all of your blood's done, get them to check all of your deficiencies, see where your body needs more support. You can even go a step further, which I'm about to go into with Levi, whether he can do genetic testing to see where like, genetically my body doesn't function as well. Yeah, and then I could have more specific supplements to help support that. So for me, like he wants to put me on supplements that help my capillaries and my veins and arteries because of my aneurysm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: So there's obviously just different things to reditary that you know, you might have more weaknesses in. But if you're just listening to this and you're like, well, start looking to supplements a good quality magnesium and there's different types of magnetism. It's eleven different types, so depending on what you're wanting for, I take it for sleep, for muscle repair recovery, so I take like a glaconate one, and then a zinc one, Yeah, an.
Speaker 2: Amega freeze zach ones. That actually sent me a photo of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so handy having LEVI like, he's one of my best mates. We've been in business, natchpath and nutritionist. If you remember of our app, you get access to him in the forum. He can answer all of your questions about this is incredible.
Speaker 2: So amazing, so knowledgeable.
Speaker 1: So knowledgeable.
Speaker 2: What tools have you learned over the years that have increased your happiness?
Speaker 1: I think one of the big ones that stands out for me is to just focus on what I do have and stop focusing what I don't have. I think that just puts me in such a better state day to day. So easy to focus on what you don't have, what you want, what's so far away. But if you just sit in gratitude more often of what you do have and really soak it in and enjoy that, I just think life's nicer. Yeah, probably one of my biggest ones. Another one that I put down is that life doesn't have to feel so heavy and serious all the time. Yeah, and it all starts with our mindset, right, Like it can feel so serious and heavy depending on what you've got going on. But like my mindset switch, once I got my date for my next surgery, I was like, I'm not gonna let this consume me like it has. I'm just going to live my life as if I'm not getting surgery. You know what, I haven't even thought about it that much because once I made that conscious decision, I've been more focused on my everyday life and being so present and enjoying it. So it hasn't consumed me and taken up a lot of stress.
Speaker 2: You've made that choice, Yeah, I feel like for me, there's so many different things that kind of pop up. But learning how your brain works and learning that not every thought you think is actually a fact and a little thing that Like I've talked to this with Ashy Heat times. I've told Kurt about this so many times. Whenever I have a negative thought pop up around a situation, I always say to me, what are the five other options?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: And it has helped me so much. So, say, if somebody doesn't answer your phone call and you're like, oh my gosh, like they're not getting back to me, blah blah blah, and it's been like two weeks you've been try to contact them. You can be like, okay, so they could just be ignoring me, or maybe they're really stressed right now, maybe their phones disconnected or something's happened. Maybe they've forgotten to get back to me, but maybe it hasn't been going through. Like you can just think of all these different situations. And I think by doing that it's made me go, oh, okay, because you don't fixate our brain. What it's wide to do, and what it wants to do is pick one thing and fixate on and understand why.
Speaker 1: But if you keep safe, keep you safe.
Speaker 2: But if you can go oh yeah, that could be it, but also it might not be, everything just feels so much less personal.
Speaker 1: It's also nice for the person and the receiving end because you're being very generous with your assumptions, like you're not assuming the worst, you're assuming something else that just feel lighter, So then your energy is not going to be yucky towards them. Yeah, instantly being understanding, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like that's helped me a lot. Yeah, feel like that's helped me a lot, especially within relations.
Speaker 1: The other example you can give, like say that one of someone answering the phone, is there another situation.
Speaker 2: Just even say if Kurt is doing something and like seems short with me okay, or it's just anything even the kids, Like the kids will be something to be like far out they're being like this today, and then I'll think about, like how much sleep did they have last night? What about this? What did Lincoln say to Miller again this morning? Oh maybe she feels like that because he said that. Did I talk to her about that? So rather than just fixating on the one thing and I just try to stay to myself five options.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, Just five that's so powerful. I absolutely love that.
Speaker 2: It's really really this episode.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, shared that with me before. I know. Wow, I'm so blown away, So you mustn't it. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I use it all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm so going to use that. Yeah. It's kind of like that old one of like if it's not going to matter in five years time or something. Yeah, makes you think like I was this really worth getting this upset about?
Speaker 2: Definitely? And I think of, well, just knowing how your brain works. We as humans are wired to straight away think of the most negative outcome. So when you start to know that and be aware of that and be like, this is my brain protecting me protect this is what it wants to do. This is what it's doing. Hello, I know this is what you're thinking. I know what you're doing. You kind of acknowledge it. See it. It's catching yourself. It's going, how amazing you're catching yourself. Because as soon as you start to catch yourself, that's when you're making a change.
Speaker 1: The lame.
Speaker 2: That's it which gears. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another one that I've had is just to let go of jobs, of people, of businesses, of situations, of relationships, of whatever it is. If it's not feeling good, if it's not feeling aligned, it's not bringing you joy, it's not bringing new energy, to let go. I just always, I don't know, growing up, probably just for safety. Once again, you think, you know, once you find the one, or you know you've got this friend or you've got this job, you just want to keep it forever because that feels safe, and that means I'm worthy of it. If they disappear or abandon me, then like all that stuff comes up, but it's actually okay to cut the cord, unplug, and let go if it's not serving you anymore. And it doesn't mean anyone's bad or anyone's anything wrong, you know, it's just you're living in alignment and you're choosing what's best for you and your life right now, which helps you show up as the best version of yourself. Yeah, but it's uncomfortable, Just like I've closed down a business like that was really uncomfortable. That was a really hard decision that I know I would feel better on the other side, but to actually go through that process that took a lot. Not an easy decision. It's the same if you're listening to this and you're like, ow, I'm just not happy in my marriage. That's a big decision to make. But you have to know when to let go.
Speaker 2: Something that I feel like gives me a lot of happiness as well. Is having passion and.
Speaker 1: Purpose Oh so important.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't need to be a job at this that. It can be being a really fucking good mum. Yeah, it can be exercising and being like, fright, I'm really into the gym right now, and like, you know, just like researching about it. Having something that lights you up and gives you purpose and something you wake up each shape being excited about.
Speaker 1: I think that that's important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's really important. I feel like whenever I've gone through phases of life where you know, maybe early days of having a baby, when you can't really have much passion or purpose or you don't feel like you have it can motherhood. Outside of motherhood, it can feel a bit like, you know, a bit yucky. But as soon as you start to get that passion and purpose back, I feel like it definitely makes you get a lot happy.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing you brought that up, especially because a lot of our listeners are moms or new mums, because I remember feeling like that. Obviously, your baby gives you so much purpose, but outside of motherhood you feel a little bit dead inside.
Speaker 2: Can you dabble in a few things almost?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's why so many moms feel so lonely, And just like I hear a lot of moms say they're bored, and it's like, yeah, you can have moments of boredom because you're so used to being able to do different things and like go to your classes, or whatever, and like for that season of being with your baby, that's all you're doing. Yeah, and it can be tricky to navigate.
Speaker 2: So even letting you go of hobbies like that's another big thing that you know, people can be so passionate about, like having to not do them anymore for a season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so once you come out of it, Okay.
Speaker 1: I've got a question. Do you believe that everyone can feel happiness again?
Speaker 2: I feel like it could take huge change. Huge change could take like you said before about like leaving a marriage, leaving a job, doing this, rewirrying your brain, months or years of therapy, doing any work. I truly believe that everyone can feel happy again. I really do. I feel like it's not easy, and I feel like you might grow through moments of still not being the happiest version of yourself, but I feel like you can definitely keep getting back there again.
Speaker 1: I totally agree. I don't think I could have worded it any better. It takes conscious choice. Like hugeness just doesn't fall in your lap. It's not something that someone's just naturally born with. It's an emotional we feel like anger, like sad, like frustrated, But you can choose to find more happiness. And yeah, I think a lot of the darkest and hardest, most challenging times bring you out to the most happiness. Yeah, because it puts you where you want to go. It helps you live the life you want.
Speaker 2: To live, and you feel more grateful after you do it.
Speaker 1: You're grateful, you know.
Speaker 2: It changes the way that you show up, changes the way you think about things. Yeah. And it's like we always say too, like all the one percent is to be happy.
Speaker 1: Yes, the daily choices, right.
Speaker 2: The tiny things like tiny minut you're just like not shaking your phone three less times in the morning, or you know, all the tiny little things that you can do, and you think, oh, it's not really going to make that much of a significant change. Man, oh man, they do.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, because I reckon, I know about you, but all right, I wonder how many little one percentage we do each day, which actually could end up to be ten to fifteen things. Absolutely also the day of a week, of a month, of a year, that shits. Oh yeah, yeah, that's huge.
Speaker 2: And if all these little things are making you feel one percent better, you're going to be going from waking up in the morning already probably feeling pretty good because you had a good day before, and then you could end up feeling twenty percent better by the end of the day by making all these tiny little choices that take no extra time, might even take less time because if you're on your phone less, you probably have more time. You know. Yeah, such a choice, though, isn't it. It really is a choice, And it's like you gotta consciously stop yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and work on it. So true, if someone's listening and they just feel like they're taking all this information, they're like, yes, Kiera, yes, actually love all of that, but they just feel so so stuck, like with their next step, how would you recommend them to break through and like get through this yucky feeling and yucky position that they're in.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, but whenever I am stuck and that is my feeling, the number one thing I do is I journal. I feel like it really helps me get unstuck. I just have blank pages. If I know what I'm wanting to do, it on just blank pages, and I just go through and write and write and write and do pros and cons and this and that and get clear on it. Yeah, but you need somewhere to like brain dump all of that. How do you start like I feel and then just start writing yeah, and then it's honestly different every single time, and then start making changes. Okay. Then at the very end, i'd go action plan, Yes, how am I going to do that? It might be fucking hard stuff that you have to do and go oh my gosh, and you might not want to do it just yet. You might go okay, and you like save up a bit of money before I quit my job. I'm up. You need to do this or do that, but you need an action plan in place, otherwise you're just going to keep staying in the same place that you are.
Speaker 1: That's what I love about the coaching that you do with women as well. It's not only just like having an hour session with you or like whatever. It's afterwards they've got the action plan of like, Okay, now I can do this and that. Because if you don't have any progression, you just you do feel stuck. You can know all the things, but if you don't know how to take that next step, yeah, yeah, you feel stuck and you keep repeating the same pattern.
Speaker 2: And because I don't see them for two weeks I think then they can go for two weeks and they know what they've got to do.
Speaker 1: In that cleario. Yeah, so powerful. My first thing that I do when I feel stuck, I think of energy. So it's move It's movement for me. If I ever feel stuck, it's like a brisk walk, it's a gym session, it's a dance class. It's just like literally physically moving my body helps me physically move through the energy. Once I've moved through whatever stagnant, icky energy I feel, then I feel like I've got clarity again, like that blurry cloud that's hanging over me. I feel like I can see, I can commune Kate, I can write down. I can just get more clear on where I'm at, what I'm feeling, and what I'm doing next. The movement is just it's honestly always been my biggest tool for everything in life is movement.
Speaker 2: Also, something that I've become hyper aware of now that is life changing is whenever you're feeling really stuck and whenever you are like feeling like I need to get to the wom of it, I need to get to the womb, but I need you to do this that detakeeation and blah blah blah. That is not the time to do anything. Just still, be still, be still, let the waves come over you. You're in a low mood. Whenever you're in a low mood state is not the time to take action. You need to wait until you're feeling like at your peak again and then go related yep, and then go revisit it. So even with like work stresses, if something pops up and I'm like, oh my gosh, you know, like that didn't go great, Now we need to do this, It's like they're not the days to visit it. It's like, Okay, let's have a chat about this on Wednesday, when we've gone through the.
Speaker 1: Motion fresh es staate.
Speaker 2: Otherwise you're just running on water, like you're just like trying to frantically get stuff done. It's not well aligned. You're not thinking about what to do properly. You're doing it out of fear, yeah, rather than actually doing what's aligned with you.
Speaker 1: And you're so frazzled. You can't make good quality of decisions when you're not the time to like regulate, calm, get ground, and get centered and then yeah, take a step. So true, nothing worse than making decisions when you're frazzled or emotional notional.
Speaker 2: And can I say that now, like even if we want to have a conversation and like it's a bit of a confrontational one, like Babe, I'm in a low mood. Yes, let's have the chat. Let's have the chat tomorrow. And I'm like, okay, sweet, and I will too. I'll be like I'm in a low mood right now, like just wait till my mood's back up, because.
Speaker 1: You know you can't handle as well, and you always say things you don't mean, or say things reacting or yeah, y say things that you'll regret and just be like fuck, I don't actually want that.
Speaker 2: But when you're in a low mood, everything feels really urgent, so you feel like you have to get it done right now. And it's like, what's actually.
Speaker 1: Going to die if you wait?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so funny, but to you, it feels so like you have to do it right now.
Speaker 1: And that can be in any situation, hey, Like if it's financial, for example, you feel like, fuck, if we don't take action, like do something quickly with work here, then we're gonna lose money or to pay I don't know whatever. Yeah, you think you have to do it then and there, but if you actually just take some time to recharge and plug back into yourself, you'll come back with so many.
Speaker 2: More ideas one hundred percent, and you have so many good ideas and.
Speaker 1: Be so much more productive.
Speaker 2: Yes yeah, yeah, Like I said, you're not acting out of fear. It's not exerting as much energy. Yes, yeah, alright, what.
Speaker 1: Are the first three things that you do? I know what you do, but share with everyone. That's the first three things you do when you wake up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, first thing now is meditate every single morning. Miller's been doing like four mornings a week with me as well.
Speaker 1: She loves it.
Speaker 2: So meditate every morning. I read normally four between depends how earlier I get up, yeah, anywhere from ten minutes to an hour. And then I have a shower. I put on a podcast while I'm having my shower. Sometimes the kids are running up and down while meditating, jumping on me Mom, like morning, baby, Mum's doing your meditation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Eaten taught me that we can do that and it's okay. And then yeah, in my shower, I try to really have it as like my nice time for me as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have my.
Speaker 2: Morning shower, put all my nice creams on my heart away and do my makeup and listen to a podty at the same time. And then yeah, I'm set for the day. And like I said, it's not as relaxing as it sounds all the time. Sometimes the kids run up. Probably three mornings a week. I will have a cold shower at the end, only ten seconds. I'm a bit of a silk in winter.
Speaker 1: To your top three meditate book and shower and shower, Yeah, mine would be stretch, make my bed and skull, water and tongues grape Doug's. That's the first, like first things that I do. But at the moment, I'm four mornings a week, going to the gym very early. I get up at like four twenty, meet Tiana at five, so I'll have my sea mass, I'll have my decaf no decaf coffee. It's so funny. It's such a placebo.
Speaker 2: It's such a placebo.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the taste of it.
Speaker 2: Do you know what somebody told me though they messaged me. They said to me, just to let you know though decaf isn't actually caffeine free. And I wrote back and I said, oh my gosh. I was like gosh. I was like, how much caffeine does it have? And they say, well, it's ninety eight percent caffeine in free.
Speaker 1: Goodness.
Speaker 2: I had a giggle. I was like, well, I'm ninety eight percent caffeine free. Then correctly, I said, it's a whole lot better than've been completely one caffeinated.
Speaker 1: Well, see, I go to the gym, have my degcaf on the way, come to town. Yeah, go home like quarter past six. Yeah, kids get up at six thirty, so quickly shower, put my makeup on, and they get the kids up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did bottle.
Speaker 1: We hang in the lounge room was a family for like half an hour, and then it's like lunch, breakfast, school, dress, chaos out.
Speaker 2: Oh I feel you're on the chaos.
Speaker 1: Half an hour chill and then I'm like a sergeant, all right, taj, let's do it. Yeah. While she's hanging on my hip, climbing on my leg. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: My reading's like my gym time for me in the morning. Yeah, I really love it. But then I do gym in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's good. I do like the mornings, but I like getting it done because I feel like the endorphins I get like overflow. I agree, Yeah, okay, so we've done morning. What's the last three things you do at night?
Speaker 2: Five out of seven nights a week. I sauna, Oh beautiful, which is just sometimes it's like my favorite part of my day.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I love it so much.
Speaker 2: I have my feminine shower. This is why listening to nice music. I have those little like a light mirror, so it's got like the beautiful little soft light and I put that on and it's like all dark except for that.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Just really set the mood to unwind. And then I cuddle with my hobby, yeah, watch a show and go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about you.
Speaker 1: I feel like my showers are kind of earlier, like with the kids. Yeah, but mine would probably be like snuggle with Steve for sure, take my supplements, and then normally gratitude. Tonight, I write down like three things I'm grateful for. Oh that's so yeah. And I always put rains sound on before I go to sleep too.
Speaker 2: I do that as well. Understands how good I love? Honestly, nighttime routines. How good are they? When you know you're going to bed the best the best.
Speaker 1: So we hope you guys took one, two, three, ten things takeaways. There definitely some takeaways. We just wanted to really like, have an episode that you could come back to which you've got a ton of stuff in that you could try to implement and see how you feel. So I really hope you enjoyed that. Let us know on the forum too, if there's a couple of things you're going to try and incorporate, or if you've got any more questions around this. If you haven't joined our forum, it's just on Facebook. You sort of search grow and glows such.
Speaker 2: A beautiful space over there, really, and then even when we come up with like new things, that's where you girls will find out about coming.
Speaker 1: It's coming something you guys have never seen before.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm so pumped. Yes.
Speaker 1: Ps. Everyone thinks self love is liking what you see in the mirror or taking a long candle lip bath, but what actually self love is is believing in yourself, not restricting your favorite foods, setting boundaries forgiving yourself, rewiring negative thought patterns, making peace with not being perfect, fueling yourself with real food, standing up for yourself, working on your flaws and toxic behaviors, not fitting in with other people's expectations, getting enough sleep, learning when to say yes and also know. Staying committed to your goals and committed to living your best life because we only have one.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that one. That's so good. Ps Chase real dopamine, sun ice, sauna runs a get you high, workouts that hurt but feel like magic, slow walks at sunset, calm mornings in meditation, visualize, connect, create, sprint towards your future self field what you wish existed, and refuse to spend your life on screens because you won't reach your potential if dopamine is always within reach.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so beautiful, so true, so true. Yeah lots. Thanks for joining us, guys. We'll see Wednesday.
Speaker 2: See then. Bye