Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show. When I die, I want to come back as Drake Champagne Pop Champeen Puppy living it up in the sunshine with his seven hundred thousand dollar win. I don't think many.
Speaker 2: People would be walking out of Crown Casino winning that.
Speaker 1: No, I thought you never. I thought the whole thing was with gambling, you never get to come out on top.
Speaker 2: Well swannye who knows how much he spent?
Speaker 1: That is true. I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: Got to always think of that.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Drake, we need to speak about him again before the show ends because he's dined out again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, someone's.
Speaker 3: Given him a good list.
Speaker 1: Noboo. First, where did he end up? Second, let's have it. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Next let's and also Sweeping Statements is returning. It's our first live Thursday for twenty twenty five. Start thinking of your unpopular opinions. We'll give you a Baker's Delight voucher for sharing it with us. But next Onny, we need to talk about a holiday you took once or twice.
Speaker 1: Absolute lady madness.
Speaker 2: Happy Thursdays the.
Speaker 1: Crissy Swan Show. We are fresh back this week as fresh as a panetaicuster. If you don't hardly mind my go to And I've got to tell you about where I went for the holidays. As soon as we finished work here, I basically went home and got my suitcase and went to the airport.
Speaker 2: With kids legged it out of here.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I'm not very good at booking holidays, I book them. I book the flights way too early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you do that? You book stuff so far in advance.
Speaker 1: I have to because I've got to have something to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Will to live, No, I really.
Speaker 1: Do's that's my thing. And I also think it helps the psyche of the kids as well. You know, like school can be dull and hard.
Speaker 3: It's so grim.
Speaker 1: And I have a big calendar in the in the living room that you can't help but see every day, and I'll write. For example, this one was Magnetic Island. I wrote it really big and a little around it. So just when you feel like, oh my god, this is a swimming carnival and I'm going to get into baby's in front of everyone, you go, Yes, Magnetic Island. It's only twenty one days away. So we went to Magnetic Island and I'd never even heard of it until about a year ago. Two years ago when my sister went equally on a whim. We're very similar, and she was like, I'm going to have you heard of Magnetic Island? And I said, no, just like it's off towns. We've never heard of it, but me and Marc are going there, her husband. Anyway, she came back, She's like, oh my god, I think I've just found the most magical place on earth. She as, it's like a TimewARP. And you know that I love everything nostalgic. If something's old and daggy, like low key, that's my vibe, jam because I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to yucky. You're young.
Speaker 3: But the one thing I had heard about Magnetic Island was that it is extremely boring.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's not for me, then no, no, no it's not for you, right, No, it's it's definitely not for you. But I think, what's it interesting about these sorts of places that I like? I'm always surprised that I don't know people think that I'm a Koali a girl, or they're like, oh, if I said I'm going to Queensland, they'll go, oh, You're going to Koalia, which is this like inredibly Lucks exclusive resort, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: It would be your holiday.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not possibility, No, it's so expected. I don't oscillate between both. I'm a real basic girl. I don't mind it a holiday in a caravan, you know, like I really don't. And Magnetic Island is that vibe. It's like there's no one there. You eat fish and chips. At one point for lunch, I was hungry and I went to this there's like a little servo that sells bait, and I bought and it also sells frozen seafood that they've caught just off.
Speaker 2: Heaven like a big old are amazing.
Speaker 1: And I bought a kilo of frozen prawns and I defrosted them in the beach. And then I went to the equivalent of the seven to eleven and I bought some Praise mayonnaise and some tomato and made some morose sauce and we just I just peeled them there at the table, like it's real. I just couldn't believe how fabulous.
Speaker 3: Fresh seafood could get me there, because that's my jam and that's the one thing I like about my birthplace, Harvey Bay is the but you like.
Speaker 1: It when someone else, you know, prepares it for you.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I just loved it. It was so quiet, there was no one there, there was nothing to do. It was great and kids love it as well. The kids loved it. The kids really loved it because the water was thirty two degrees jack, the beach was thirty two degrees Wow, real life warm, Like it was just gorgeous. Anyway. But while I was there, I'm like, you know, a holiday with kids is different to a holiday you would have without kids. And I was like, oh God, there's so many things I want to do. I want to go for walks, and I want to there's this thing called the Forts Walk, which is you know, quite difficult, but it's all through all these army sort of forts and stuff that are buried in the cliff. At all these things I wanted to do that the kids were interested in. So what I did was, while I was there, I knew that I'd fall in love with the place. After the fourth day, so I booked again.
Speaker 3: While I was the hare, did you book the same place in the same location or did you mix it up?
Speaker 1: I bought the same location, yes, but smaller because I didn't have kids with me the second time, and I went back. I beat the same track, flying into Townsville, get the ferry over, go to the Ida, get a few supplies, get to the accommodation. But this time I didn't have to go snack hunting, and I didn't have to, like, you know, coerce people into living their lives. I just did my own thing and it was magical. I reckon though, I'm the only person that has been to the same place twice within two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very Cristy Swan coated.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it ain't broke.
Speaker 3: I mean, the obsessive personality is here to stay for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Caris come a stay.
Speaker 2: The hyperfixation is back to when you're going back? Is there a third trip in the works.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Chrissy Swan Show Drake updated. He has posted a photograph of himself looking rather portly. We're on Drake Watch here because in the country we're going to be talking about the reasons why he has posted that in clickbait. But now it's time for this Swan's sweepea steamers. Oh yeah, it's back. It's back for twenty twenty five. Our favorite segment and yours our This is where you get it all off your chest. You're not going to get in trouble for your unpopular opinion. We are all friends. What do they say on that Uber eat sat Charlie XX and Martha Stewart. We listen, we don't judge.
Speaker 2: You listen and we don't.
Speaker 1: And we don't judge. Thirteen twenty four to ten. Give us a call. We're all ears.
Speaker 3: Kick us off for the use wani our third year of sweeping statements.
Speaker 1: Speaking of ears, mine has to do with the ears. The only I always get basis this word wrong? The only ear buds okay, headphones, earbuds. I don't want to say air pods because that's a brand name. The only things that you should listen to music yes through or have phone calls through your phone in your ears are are the ones that plug into your phone, corded ear buds for the wind. Don't give me, don't give me the air pods. Don't give me ones that don't what I have because I will lose them. I will lose them.
Speaker 3: That's a problem.
Speaker 1: I will lose them and then they run out of battery. And what are you going to do these ones. They plug in bank, never out of battery, never lost, they never fall out.
Speaker 3: They're getting the way of like your walk and strut theo walking.
Speaker 2: Yes they do.
Speaker 3: When they're plugging into my phone, it's annoying because you have to like then strategically plug your phone into.
Speaker 1: Your pant bottom or your you need a bum bag.
Speaker 3: That's just never going to happen.
Speaker 1: So that's front and center.
Speaker 3: It's perfect, absolutely not. AirPods are fantastic and one of my favorite inventions.
Speaker 1: Okay, good on you, whats some what's your mine?
Speaker 2: My sweeping statement?
Speaker 3: Oh this feels a bit. I don't know if it is that unpopular, but I think it is. I don't think we have enough billboards in Australia.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: I was driving down the Peninsula a lot over the summer, and every time I saw a billboard, I found myself getting excited. I love advertising. I love what they do with them.
Speaker 1: So do I. And it's such large forms. Your creatives can get really great, really good, and when you see a good one you get so excited. Like on the way home from the airport, I saw the Specsavers ad. Fantastic and it says welcome to Sydney and you've arrived in Melbourne, and then in Sydney it says welcome to Adelaide or whatever, and for a minute you get that, oh we're got panic, and then you go, ah, you got me.
Speaker 2: You got me your cheeky Yes, I respect say this.
Speaker 3: I agree there should be more, and I think it helps people like stay alert on the road when you're driving, because it kind of grabs your eye.
Speaker 2: But I know most people I would be like.
Speaker 1: Money from the don't listen to them. Advertising makes the world cover.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I want our freeways and highways to look like Times Square.
Speaker 1: Agree.
Speaker 2: If I was the Prime minister, that's what.
Speaker 3: I would do. Thirteen twenty four to ten. What is your sweeping statement? Your unpopular opinion? We'll give you a Baker's Delight gift card, a voucher the Chrissy.
Speaker 1: Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show. Lets do it Swan's sweeping statements? Oh yes, we want to hear all your unpopular opinions. In fact, if you've got a sweeping statement, come sit by us.
Speaker 4: Hello, just center, Hello Christy, Hey you going?
Speaker 1: Oh good to hear your voice? How are you for? Twenty twenty five you're killing.
Speaker 4: It good and so glad to have you got it back as well.
Speaker 1: Isn't it good for Thank gosh, thank God for this show. It's keeping well. I'll speak for myself, it's keeping me sane. Just Cina, I'll be completely frank with you.
Speaker 3: You are our first sweeping statement back for twenty twenty five. Give it to us.
Speaker 4: People who post first day of school photos on Instagram and Facebook should be been.
Speaker 1: I love the saltiness and negativity of this. Talk to me more about it. What is it about these photographs that upset you?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm just thinking of it, Chrissie. It's like this week, it's just every post on Facebook firsthday of food photos like he still looks the same as it did last year.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm not listen it. I know what you mean, because I just feel like.
Speaker 3: No one cares about your kids, sorry, Jack, Like.
Speaker 1: I have kids and I know that no one cares about them like I didn't.
Speaker 3: How just Center and Criassy, how come you guys both know that? But like eighty percent of mothers out there don't.
Speaker 4: I know exactly, I don't know.
Speaker 5: They've got nothing else?
Speaker 2: And then and then do you know what else annoys me.
Speaker 1: Just we've got nothing else going on to this. I love it.
Speaker 2: Let's really deep dive.
Speaker 3: What's even more annoying is than when they blur either their face or the school uniform logo, like just don't upload the picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, that's right, because we can still work it out.
Speaker 1: Of course, we can google image. Hey, just Sinta, what about this as an exception to the rule, I don't mind the ones taken on the last day of year twelve next to the first day, because I like to see how faces changed regardless of who they are. So I love seeing like a five year old kid and then an eighteen year old man. I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that because it's like a before and after Jacinta.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, look, that's okay, all right, we'll let that one.
Speaker 2: Baker's Delight voucher for you, Justinta. Let's go to Sam.
Speaker 1: Hey Sammy, Hi, guys, so good. What is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 4: I've got another school theme for you, but mine is that school hours are not long enough. They need to match up with working hours.
Speaker 1: Sam. I agree with you, and I got an email from my daughter's school saying our souls about it. Moms and dads, the school day finishes at three pm this year, I'm like, what even shorter?
Speaker 3: Don't you know I host a national radio show from total four pm. You should reply, of.
Speaker 1: Course I read that and put it straight in the trash because not my problem. Yes, Sam, look I agree. I agree with you one hundred percent. And also see also school holidays. It's like, how come no government has ever addressed the fact that most adults are lucky to get four weeks and you will leave a year and kids get twelve. What are we supposed to do with them?
Speaker 3: I mean, Jackie Bruceto when our Nova office here was telling me that she's been turning the motem off for the kids during the day, I was like, I like that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've been turning it on. I've been I've been wanting to get seven more.
Speaker 2: All right, let's finish with Esther. Sam, you've got the Baker's to like aboucher. I just imagine you how it's like a space ship.
Speaker 1: I'm like, can I get a motor minute? Please stop fast enough? Esther, Hello, hello and welcome back and happy twenty twenty five and to you, and I just want to stop down for a second. And say your name is one of the best I've ever heard, and I'm jealous.
Speaker 5: Thank you for that. Thank you. Cut along story shot. My mother named me after a biblical character.
Speaker 1: So yeah, oh my god, you are a saucy creature. I can just hear it in your voice.
Speaker 2: Esther, What is it?
Speaker 3: I love you?
Speaker 5: I love you? Okay, what is my statement?
Speaker 1: I love you?
Speaker 2: She's doing my job, she's wrapping it up.
Speaker 1: I feel like he and I should be friends. Okay, keep going.
Speaker 5: Okay, Gold Class is way too dark.
Speaker 2: What do you mean I can.
Speaker 5: So you go into the Gold Class cinema, You've ordered your food, they come to deliver food, and you can't see for the life of you wants in front of you. The lighting is so dim it's like murder in the dark. Use the torch lights of your mobile to see what you're eating. It's just not enough lighting. And the is they bring you the food, and the lights given dimmer when the movie is about to start, so you have a little bit of lighting, you know, the movie trailers are on, but when the movie starts, it's like, okay, lights are out by and okay.
Speaker 1: What am I?
Speaker 5: What am I sitting? Okay of torch light. You don't know what you're eating. You can't see your food I've got and then with my glasses, I can't. I still want to use the torch light of the mobile. Follow Did I order the right did they bring with the wedges or what's this? So it's it's like murder in the dark, I'm telling you. And you don't want to Like when I go with my partner, I don't want to spill stuff on my on my clothes. I get a little bit annoyed. He's not really bothered, but you want to see what you're eating in your drinking. So I've said him, look, next time, we'll just get him full class. See a letter with you and pieces, and you can chomp on your popcorn and whatnot. You don't have to worry about what's in the potcorn. You just have to anyway going through story I've given you. So that's fine.
Speaker 2: Estes, just say murder on the dance Murder, say it, Say.
Speaker 5: It Murder the Dance Store, Cray Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Baker's delight, he speaking of a thousand bucks every single day. Next week, kicking off Monday, thanks to Baker's Delight, We're going to be going through you and me Jack our favorite products from Baker's Delight in order. It's a lunch order if you will.
Speaker 3: A thousand bucks cash every day is a bloody sweet price massive looking for you an x favorite high fiber bread Baker's Delights High Fiber Logi whole Meal block loaf is super soft and has double the fiber of their traditional whole meal Chrissy's.
Speaker 1: Cliches Drake updated in coming outside. Oh yeah, I'm outside with a fork a knife in my hand, showering down on the best French food in Melbourne at I'll tell you what this man knows how to do Melbourne.
Speaker 2: He's done his research, hasn't he?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? He was at Nobu yesterday, yes the day before, the day before, and then today photographs have emerged of him eating the most magnificent French food at a new restaurant called Mesombadad. We're talking steak. Oh my god, I'm salivating. Look at that baronet's sauce.
Speaker 3: Oh it's amazing. Look at the chicken. Swany I need to take you here for your birthday lunch. Steel I was best in the world.
Speaker 1: Are they grapes or olives?
Speaker 3: Olives is big fat, juicy olives.
Speaker 1: Like God, you know, I'm in my olive era.
Speaker 2: Oh, we haven't talked about that yet.
Speaker 3: No, we have, like we have off air, but we need to bring it to our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 1: Yes, I had. I had an issue with my olives that I brought in and I didn't tell you. So I've entered my olive era and that's going to be my snack of choice.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And I was coming into work and I had a handful of stuff, you know what, I'm like arms, armloads full of bags. Put them all in the car, rested the full tub of olives on the top of the car. Gone I'm driving. I was like two or three and I heard a massive crash on the road and I was like, oh my god, what was that? Could be my phone, could be anything? Did a U tune? Went back and there were beautiful, juicy Sicilian olives all over the road. So I've got to go back in. It is heartbreaking, Yes, it is absolutely back and get it.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Pick up the old I have to.
Speaker 1: Go back to the supermarket and get them again, is what I mean. But yes, it's not completely unheard of. For me to beat ends up the streets. I want to talk about omelets, all right, because this restaurant, this French restaurant, I'm sure, does a beautiful omelet for breakfast. And you know that eggs are my favorite protein. I believe that an omelet is the perfect meal.
Speaker 3: I think we're sweeping statement last year is how awful the texture of omelets are.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand it. But you are classic gen Z. Okay, they do not like omelets, and they don't like them so much that they are incapable of cooking them and they find them too stressful.
Speaker 2: I stand by my gen Z pals.
Speaker 3: A poached egg is far superior, and the texture is better and they're easy to cook.
Speaker 2: An omelet just feels like a lot of ad mens.
Speaker 1: I just feel like you are not doing it right. My primary school children can make an omelet in the French style from egg to eating it with a fork in two minutes.
Speaker 3: Is it called from the Real Housewives?
Speaker 1: It is so it's so easy. In fact, I'm going to teach you what have we got coming up? Okay, by the time that we have done that, you're going to be dining on a beautiful French style, perfectly cooked omelet that you have made yourself.
Speaker 3: Do I have to make it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Make it for me.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to learn another culinary skill.
Speaker 1: Listen to mom. I like restaurants, and you are going to be able to make it. Look at what I did with your steak. I revolutionized your life. The Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: Is the Christy one Show.
Speaker 1: I've done it again. I was so good.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to pause for a minute there. I'll tell you what you did just do so good? Was teach me how to make an omelet.
Speaker 1: If you're just tuning in, I said to Jack, I am going to teach you how to make an om hamlet in the time it takes for the news to go to war. And what did I do?
Speaker 3: You bloody did it. And I would like to retract my sweeping statement that I don't like omelets.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I've realized I was just cooking them like scrambled eggs and then flipping them and burning them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you.
Speaker 1: Cook them too much, they get that awful flavor. You've got to go low and slow. Babe.
Speaker 3: Tom filmed it, so we'll get Marco to whack it on our socials. You teaching me how to do I love this.
Speaker 1: I love this. You are with us, We are thrilled. We've got another hour to go with you. You're listening to the Crizzy Swan Show on Nova and we're about to give away a bum bag. We really mean business.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten. If you would like a crack at Chrissy's Quizzy.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show, Let's give away a bum bag Chrissies Quizzy. Well, hello, Indie. Oh, can I tell you that if you win this bum bag, it is a great place to keep all your highlighters and bits and bobs for your return to school.
Speaker 2: You back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a big day. Are you starting a new like a new era of school? Or is it just like grade three in the grade four? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm starting you seven. Are you excited, India? Are you a bit nervous?
Speaker 1: Both?
Speaker 2: Okay, You're going to smash it. I've got a good feeling.
Speaker 1: I do too. I feel very very confident for you, Indy, and you are playing against Anna. Hey, Anna, Hey, how are you going good? Has your Thursday rolling out good?
Speaker 5: I actually have just finished at school myself.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: I'm are you feeling disappointed that you are going up against a twelve year old and you're going to feel very bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she's got it in the bag already.
Speaker 2: I think let's find out.
Speaker 3: The bum bag is going to be sent to one of you. And it's a beautiful new design this year. Guys, you're going to really love it.
Speaker 1: Your name's your buzzes Indie and Anna, and it's the best of five, meaning, hey, Indiana.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Question number one, how many days are there in January?
Speaker 3: Indy?
Speaker 1: Yes, Cindy, thirty one correct thirty one days. Question number two, A pickle is made from what fruit or vegetables? Sannah?
Speaker 5: Vegetable?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: Well, no, what's the vegetable that? Anna?
Speaker 1: It's very Yeah, it is a cucumber. You can have pickled anything, but yes, we're after cucumber. That's one apiece. Question number three Today Phil Collins turns seventy three. Have you birthday? Philip? Name this song?
Speaker 2: Anna?
Speaker 3: Is the tonight?
Speaker 1: What a song?
Speaker 3: Alrighty? Question A number four is for the win, Anna, but Indy, you could still steal it back.
Speaker 1: Which singer slash rapper has touched down in Australia. Head of their arena shows Indy, Yes, Indy Drake correct. That is two a piece, is it?
Speaker 2: Question number five is for the win? It is a draw, ladies.
Speaker 1: The name the name of what insect is often shortened to mossyda Yes, Sannah mosquito. That is absolutely correct. But guess what, Indy. As a show of faith for you absolutely smashing high school, I am going to give you a Baker's Delight voucher and you are going to take vegemite scrolls to everybody.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, sir, all right, good on you enjoy school and you've got the bum bag. Anna, Thanks for playing.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Let's catch up, shall we?
Speaker 3: Yes, m we have so much to discuss with Chrissy and Jack.
Speaker 1: I'll try and find that little story for you before the end of the show. It's really really cool.
Speaker 2: I loved when Willow was releasing music.
Speaker 1: She is really talented, she is.
Speaker 2: I wonder what she's up to nowadays. Her and Jayden have gone to be quiet.
Speaker 1: Yes they have, and thank god they're not waxing lyrical rubbish with their mother.
Speaker 2: That's cheap red cable.
Speaker 1: So much to discuss did you see Billy ray Cyrus's performance, and I use that word very loosely at Donald Trump's Liberty Ball, sort of the celebration I guess of his inauguration.
Speaker 3: I saw snippets Swanny, but I haven't watched the full thing.
Speaker 1: You you must, I'm going to play you a little bit of it, and then I'm going to discuss whether or not people need to step in and make sure people like that don't leave the house.
Speaker 3: Let me hear, I'm.
Speaker 6: Don't take my holes down road. I go ride, dear, I can no more. I'm gone take my horse to town road.
Speaker 3: I'm gone. What's he doing?
Speaker 1: He's like jumping around.
Speaker 6: I've gone, I can no more. No, you can't put your hands together now like that.
Speaker 3: If you encourage, you keep gone. If you encourage told me to kill as much time as.
Speaker 1: I told me to kill as much time as possible. It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. He looked. He's as white as a ghost, crazy hair, weird out, and he looks like a crossa Dween, Gandalf and Dumbledore.
Speaker 3: It's giving buscer on Chapel Street in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what someone around him. Really should have just said, mate, no, don't do this, this is an accident waiting to happen.
Speaker 3: And give me the bottle of whiskey.
Speaker 1: Billy, there's something going on there. And then his guitar wouldn't work later on, and I reckon it was on purpose.
Speaker 6: Does he may know the words that you break your heart while I'm there, child a little bit, let's check check you know what? Hell, just stab your fingers, that's okay, But that's okay. You can tell the world you never you can burn my clothes up when I'm gone, come on like, oh, you can tell your friend just what a food love being laugh and joke about me on?
Speaker 1: Is he all right? No, No, he's not.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And apparently his son Trace you know he's got I think he's got four kids, four or five. Anyway, Mile is the most famous of them all, but he is a son. Publicly said you've got to go get some help. What's going on, and then Billy Ray threatened legal action. It's very bad, very bad.
Speaker 2: Take help from your kids.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, heysewany s mt D.
Speaker 3: Something that I had jotted down over our six weeks off to discuss with you is the Kardashians. Remember last year, I expressed concern about the fact they hadn't released a season where is it? I reckon they were not wanting to sort of delve into the Diddy stuff because they were quite close for did Hey? Anyway, A trailer has dropped. Season six starts next Thursday. Were a week away from it.
Speaker 2: But I think they've someone mentioned of did he? Mention of did he?
Speaker 3: But there was mention of Lamar Odin, who Chloe cut Ashen broke up with like over a decade ago. So I feel like we're really clutching its straws for a narrative here.
Speaker 1: Oh lamar Otem, it's not the father of her baby, that the basketballer. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: They had a show together like back in I want to say, like twenty twelve, twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: Right, so why are they trotting him out?
Speaker 3: A listen Chris cries about him.
Speaker 1: I honestly think timing is everything. You guys are never going to guess who I'm at worth Hell.
Speaker 3: This is insane.
Speaker 1: That was the love of her life. I don't know this person anymore.
Speaker 3: Like, come on, guys, why are we talking and bringing back Lamar?
Speaker 1: And also they just had a meeting. That doesn't mean anything, does it or no, Well.
Speaker 3: It's just it was just a way to feel an episode, I think, Yeah, the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Let's continue our full debrief.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we have so much to discuss with Christy and.
Speaker 1: I mean, we could do this every segment of every day of every hour of our lives. But we'll just continue this one and then we'll finish it off for the day. I meant to tell you, you know that I've been decluttering blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I found a cookbook that I wrote when I was so it was nineteen eighty five, I was twelve. I was twelve years old, and I wrote this book. It's called Classic Cooking.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It was in a Manila folder and it's got like the sea belongs to the Classic and the cooking. You know, it's a little bit of a design feature.
Speaker 2: Can we sell it and split the earnings?
Speaker 1: There's only about twelve recipes in it, damn it. And what I did was this. I was so excited to see it again because it had some recipes. I knew that it existed, but I thought I'd lost it forever. And I knew that in it was an amazing buttercake recipe with pink ice an amazing slivid almond Spanish biscuit that I used to make.
Speaker 2: That is cressive as a twelve year old, can.
Speaker 1: I tell you? I used to make them for a month for her birthday, Like I would buy all the ingredients with my pocket money and make her own batch. They were so gorgeous, and I've always been looking for the recipe, never found it. There it was. And then I also remember there was a chocolate nut slice that sort of tasted like a cross between a Barchie and a Ferrero Rocher, and I think about it all the time, and I'm like, if only I could find that recipe. Anyway, it's in this book that I wrote, and I've made that slice. I made it immediately as soon as I found it, and it is every bit as delicious as I remember.
Speaker 3: That is so sick going to make the cake. I want to try the cake with the.
Speaker 1: What about this weekend? I actually don't have that much on this weekend. Why don't I make a few bits and.
Speaker 2: Bobs please, and we can try it.
Speaker 1: Because I thought what I would do is I would make it into like a little Instagram thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, Like, here's.
Speaker 1: The book, here's the recipe, and I'm making it again.
Speaker 3: Oh that's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to do that.
Speaker 3: Had this whole radio caper not worked out, you would have made a good chef for cook I reckon.
Speaker 1: So yes, except the methodical prep is not my bag.
Speaker 3: But I think if you're a private chef, that's fine. You just make it up in your head and as long as it tastes goods, that's right.
Speaker 1: And I could just call it La Lady Madness Incorporated. That's right exactly. You get what you get, you don't get upset.
Speaker 3: That's the motto smtd swanny. You know I sleep with the car map every night.
Speaker 1: Yes, ce al m calm.
Speaker 3: I just can't do no noise, Like I need the aircon going or the car.
Speaker 1: Mapp see you and I I mean for other reasons as well. Could never be together because I need silence to the point where I wear earplugs every night. Oh wow, yeah, I need silence, and yeah I need the dark bit. Basically, i'd like to, you know, take a dose of I can't do that.
Speaker 3: You're just whacking in a coffin. Alright, So Last year's green cal mapp sound was green noise with river.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what is that from?
Speaker 2: Like, so it's like green noise and then just a bit of a river in the background.
Speaker 1: Oh God, that would drive me crazy.
Speaker 3: But now I have moved on to white noise ocean ocean surf. Don't ask me the difference between white noise and green noise, but this is just a bit nicer I feel.
Speaker 1: It sounds like are you familiar with the horror film Poltergeist? It sounds like the sound of television makes just before it comes alive and sucks.
Speaker 2: The Little.
Speaker 1: Crissy Swan Show, The Christy Swan Show on Over is almost over, butul, Tim and Joel are lurking, loitering with intent to entertain.
Speaker 3: I believe today would be the first day of quick draw for twenty twenty five as well.
Speaker 1: It is. I've heard it's a very very interesting guest.
Speaker 3: Let's do this first though.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's Clique, the ultimate list of ins and Outs has been released for twenty twenty five, as decided Jack. If you don't hardly mind by world class trend trackers.
Speaker 3: Oh, I never heard of them.
Speaker 1: Never, I mean you and I I do not care.
Speaker 2: Hate ins and outs?
Speaker 3: I know you tell you what an out for twenty twenty five is sharing your ins and Outskay, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what the trend trackers are saying are going to be in?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm the trend tracker, but sure you know what.
Speaker 1: I agree with you? You are you are? And that brings me to my question, which I'll ask you afterwards.
Speaker 3: All righty, what do they say?
Speaker 1: Inns? Card games? Who know? Who knows? Always good?
Speaker 3: Who knows good?
Speaker 1: But when has that ever been not good? I mean, I've been playing Uno and I'm one hundred years old. You like it? Do you know what I mean? That's never been out? It's like saying, you know water, It's like, of course it is irl experiences. They're going for more meaningful in person experiences. And I get that because one of my kind of news resolutions is actually pick up the phone and speak to someone instead of texting. So I think that that might be my version of that.
Speaker 3: Right, I already do all of that, So got it?
Speaker 1: Nostalgia obviously, mad for it, curated algorithms. I love that the phone listens to me, do you? I love it gives me interesting stuff yep, coffee alternatives. How do you feel why slash in?
Speaker 3: I hate much. I hate the word. I hate the word mucha. It annoys me just MUCHA. What a stupid word, and also what a stupid flavor? And what a stupid drink? Agreed?
Speaker 1: Have a coffee is my thing? There? Now, dad cams? I thought this was interesting because you've got more of an old school camera and I love it. So you, of course, are a trend stead of here. That was last year for you, maybe even the year before. When did you make your parents buy that for you? I feel like it was Christmas twenty three. It's spot on, yes and excellent, and I would love one, but I just can't. I don't have the brain space to learn another technological thing. This is interesting. Apparently this is in niche emojis and emoticons. I cannot see you endorsing them.
Speaker 2: No, that's very yeah, No, that's no.
Speaker 1: No, And what about this Gibbets? Now, gibbets are the things that I've been buying for my daughter for two years. She's now over them. They click on to crocs, So to say that gibbets are in means that also crocs are still in and I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I think Gibbets. I don't have an issue with them, but like your daughter, Peg and I were talking about Gibbets two years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's.
Speaker 2: Already over there, so sorry.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's the trendsetter. What I want to know from you is as somebody that like I can't afford a life coach. That's why I work with you. And what I want to do is say to you if you were my life coach, which is sort of are unofficially what should I concentrate on as my in for twenty twenty five because the ones that I come up with are kind of daggy and futile and just lead me down the path of nanimous scoury.
Speaker 2: I've got three, Okay, I've got three.
Speaker 1: So these are like my three words words that I'm going to focus on for twenty twenty five that I'm going to look into that I'm going to become minor sentences.
Speaker 3: But god still, Okay, the first one, and this doesn't have to be super boogie or like expensive, but I think it's a way to be more social, and that is eat out fortnightly.
Speaker 1: Can I do it on my own?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: So I think it's really nice for you to take yourself out fortnightly. I think it gives you a nice reset. It's a good circuit breaker from being in the compound.
Speaker 1: It's true. I went to a sushi train last night with my kids and I felt alive. I walked there and walked home. That was enough. Okay, So fortnightly dinner.
Speaker 2: I like fortnightly dinner.
Speaker 3: I think let's not try and do it by yourself every time, okay, but I appreciate sometimes it will we babysteps post on Instagram at least three times a week. I think, like we need some curated content from you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it. Can you help me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Can you set a reminder for yourself to go, Heybush?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Like I want to see something fresh on the grid.
Speaker 1: See therese are great. I wouldn't have thought of these.
Speaker 3: And what's the last And if our boss Sarah mcgilvray's listening, you need to do that as well.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the final one is, and you've this you you've already been doing this week, but you need to serve a look once a week.
Speaker 2: So once a week.
Speaker 1: I've done three in a row and.
Speaker 3: Exactly, but you just keep saying it's just the first week back. You know, you've been obviously helping out fits in Whipper. I appreciate you've served three days in a row. You've served looks, so I want this to stay.
Speaker 1: The only thing that I've mucked up today on the look is that I've actually got my pool slippers still.
Speaker 3: On fame this morning, so I haven't seen tho no look, oh no, but you've got a pedicure.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well they used to be. They used to be my good slippers, and then I washed them and they ruin them, and then they're so comfortable. I just wear them around the.
Speaker 2: Pool or to the ban They're fine, They're acceptable.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's a look.
Speaker 3: So once a week I don't want to see athleisure wear or activewear.
Speaker 1: I can do this, Jack, I really think I can.
Speaker 3: You've got a great wardrobe. You can shop your wardrobe as they say.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm going through and that's what I've been doing. I've been going I had that thing. Life is now where it now.
Speaker 3: You could end up like Wendy Williams, locked in a facility in New York City with.
Speaker 1: Any luck, that's exactly where I lived at Can I go now? The Chrissy Swim Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot coms. Are you