Speaker 1: I remember once I started dating this guy and then my friend was like, oh, you know, this girl knows who he is, and she was like, stay away from him.
Speaker 2: He broke my heart and I was like, oh God. Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 1: Is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 3: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Welcome to another episode of Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 1: Anna.
Speaker 4: Look where we are.
Speaker 1: We are in the Nova Studios and it feels so good.
Speaker 3: I can see one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nineteen eleven, twelve thirteen. There's more than fifteen of my faces in this.
Speaker 2: Room, and what a blessed place to be. He couldn't be happier, couldn't.
Speaker 4: Be happy everywhere I look my face.
Speaker 2: No, it's fun. It's awesome to be here.
Speaker 1: The thing that I'm loving most about Big in the Nova Studio is that I am in the main seat.
Speaker 2: I'm in the hot seating pissed me off.
Speaker 1: And I have this button where I can just mute man, So I'm just gonna talk.
Speaker 4: Well, I wanted that seat.
Speaker 2: You're off, You're off.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be the anchor, and then you took it when I went to.
Speaker 4: Move my car.
Speaker 2: I am the anchor of the show mat for long?
Speaker 4: Not for long? Who to that she's actually getting started? Where's your head at?
Speaker 1: My head is like I'm happy. I'm happy to be here at twenty five degrees in Melbourne. You're in Melbourne, like life is good. Next week I'm going to see one of my favorite bands ever and also my celebrity hall pass, which is Coldplay or Chris Martin.
Speaker 4: You cann try to get backside.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I'm going with Michael.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: When I say like I have a celebrity hall pass, it's like in jess, like I wouldn't actually do it, but like if I had to choose one.
Speaker 4: Did Michael have one? In jest?
Speaker 2: No? You know how this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did like something for Tammy's Bucks about our hall passes and she's like it's in jest and I was like, well, what about mine in jests and she's like, no, it's not a thing game whatever.
Speaker 2: Well how was your Bucks party and Hucks party? And what was it?
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what to call it. I'm like Bucks and Hucks.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of fun though.
Speaker 3: We met up at the We went back to the Penthouse or Tammy's Hens and the and we just drank and just you know, had had fun.
Speaker 4: Like what do you say, Like you just it's.
Speaker 1: Just a fun time, like being on a bus or hens, Like it's so fun.
Speaker 3: We went to Top Golf during the day, the boys had some Like what happened was the boys had like drinking games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, fun.
Speaker 3: So if I did certain stuff, I had to have a shot at tequila. Yeah. Then we went from Top Golf and had a steak and then met up with all the girls.
Speaker 2: Your turn on, My turn on is coldplay.
Speaker 1: But my ech of the week is that I lost my bank card.
Speaker 2: Very annoying.
Speaker 4: Why do you still have a bank card? Don't you use your phone?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, but I haven't been able to place my physical card to the point where I was like someone could have it, Like I feel like I need like it. Literally I haven't seen it in like six months, so I was like, hmmm, I probably should like renew it anyway, worst idea of a had renewing it cancels everything. It's yeah, cancels everything. Firstly, haven't paid my internet yet internet bill yet, which you've just reminded me of, so thank you for that. But yeah, I ordered it like two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Never came. Then I called them this morning.
Speaker 1: I was on hold for so long, and I don't know if this is just my bank, but they say this thing that just really grinds my gears, Like there's not a lot that gets under my skin, but this gets under my skin. So they say, we appreciate your patients. So they don't say appreciate. They're like, thank you for holding, We appreciate to your patients.
Speaker 4: What does that even mean.
Speaker 1: It's just the way they're saying appreciate, like they're trying to be passed, like.
Speaker 2: We appreciate your patients.
Speaker 4: And what did they say every thirty seconds?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm like, I'm going to appreciate you in a minute.
Speaker 4: And there's all like elevated music in the background. Yes. And you hate life admin at the best of times.
Speaker 1: Hate life Admin, especially when I've already done the life admin to get the new card. The new card hasn't come, and now I'm on the phone again getting a new one. Anyway they've express posted it. I did put in a complaint and I'm getting free express posts.
Speaker 2: So let's hope it gets here this week.
Speaker 3: Smart Well, my turn off is literally much for muchness of yours? Okay, mine is I flew from because I dropped hammy off at Brisbane Airport to catch your international flight to Greece, and then I boarded one for Melbourne the other day. And I don't know if anyone's from Brisbane being to the airport recently they're renovating it all and they've moved security checking to this random point and I had to fucking get there. I was running like from a flight they started boarding and as I and then those ones because it's the older style ones, I take.
Speaker 4: My laptop out of my bag.
Speaker 3: I left my laptop on the fucking on the thing shut Yeah, my laptop here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've left your laptop at Brisbane Airport.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did so.
Speaker 3: I'm so unlucky on a Saturday night as well. So I like I was calling, no one was answering. I lodged I think like three lost property reports on the website.
Speaker 2: I told your boss that you don't have a laptop.
Speaker 3: I've got no I didn't tell him that, but yeah, i' what do you call it? So I've called up all today on the phone. I had to call this one person. They told me, yeah, we've got it, and I had to call this company and organize a career.
Speaker 4: Do you know how much it is?
Speaker 2: How much? One hundred fifty? Yeah, that's that's really not ideal.
Speaker 4: It's not ideal. But I mean, you're saving what how much is the laptop for these days?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, it's not just it's not just about the cost of the laptop. It's the contents of everything that's on there that you need.
Speaker 3: This is true, and this is just to mine and yours of not life admin. I don't haven't even got to signed into my my likely, I don't think so everything on my laptop is on my laptop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so bad. This is a note to everyone to link your ship.
Speaker 4: I didn't think that. I was like, fuck, I don't have any of that shit. Do I Anna?
Speaker 3: Have you heard of the expression seven degrees of separation.
Speaker 2: Or six degrees of separation?
Speaker 3: Well that's my argument. Actually, I don't think that it's six or seven degrees anymore.
Speaker 1: It's apparently six point four, So I think that's why it's gone from seven degrees of separation to six degrees. But I'm going to read the definition in case anyone is listening to this, going, what on earth are they talking about? So six degrees of separation is the idea that all people are six or fewer social connections away from each other. As a result, a chain of friend of a friend statements can be made to connect any two people in a maximum of six steps.
Speaker 2: So this is so interesting.
Speaker 1: And every time you hear someone say it's such a small world. I've met this person who knows this person. It happens all the time. So this is what six degrees or seven degrees of separation isn't.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I think it's less now because obviously we have so much technology. Everybody knows fucking everyone, everybody you know, Like you go to like randomly, Like I remember going to like a way to like the UK, and somebody knows somebody who knows someone at a pub.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean? It's so small.
Speaker 3: These days, Like just literally the other day, I know this isn't that bad, but this is something off the top of my head. We're in the Apple store and the guy serving us goes to Tammy and I to Tammy, how's your dad going, how's his movie going? Like he know, He's like, yeah, he's a friend of mine. Oh what yeah, he's like where everyone knows everyone, do you know what?
Speaker 2: It's actually interesting.
Speaker 1: So obviously I was born in the UK, and I went to school in the UK when I was younger, so like this would be I would have been like seven or eight years old when I left the UK, so I would have been very young when I went to this school. And when I was in I Betha, when I was twenty, this girl came up to me and she was Scottish. The school I went to was in Scotland, and she was like, hi, it's and said her full name and I was like, oh my god, and it was.
Speaker 4: Her and I recognized you.
Speaker 1: I don't know how she recognized me, but then I like looked at her and I was like, oh my god, it is her. And we went to school together when we were younger, and like I was now living in Australia, she was in the UK, I'm pretty sure, and then we both somehow were partying at the same club in I Betha.
Speaker 2: What are the chances, Well.
Speaker 4: That's what I that's what I'm starting to believe.
Speaker 3: Do you think that, Like, do you think it's make it harder for people to date because obviously, like you know, everybody knows, so you can be like, oh, they've you know, they slept with them.
Speaker 2: My friend like, not really.
Speaker 1: I mean there's so many people who you could meet who you might have maybe zero connection with. In some ways, people like do like that. But then I feel like, as a woman, sometimes like for safety, you want to be like you know, like I mean, sometimes it works like against you. I remember once I started dating this guy and then my friend was like, oh, you know, this girl knows who he is, and she was like, stay away from him. He broke my heart and I was like, oh god.
Speaker 2: And then he did end.
Speaker 1: Up like in some ways breaking your heart, not breaking my heart, but he was a huge fuck boy.
Speaker 2: It's actually interesting.
Speaker 1: One of my best friends is dating this guy officially now there.
Speaker 2: I think they've been together for like a month.
Speaker 1: Anyway, my parents knew him before any of us knew him, and that's because he owns the restaurant that my parents love going to. And the reason why she even met him is because from Michael's surprise birthday, I was like, where can I go close to me? And my parents like, oh, you should go to this restaurant that we love, which is how they knew him. Then we ended up going there and that's how they met and now they're happily together.
Speaker 2: Like, what are the chances?
Speaker 3: I told you, I don't believe it's six or seven degrees anymore. I believe it's probably three or two. No, way three, at least four.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I reckon everybody. I reckon everybody knows everyone.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a little bit different with social media. You just have to think about like if you're walking like let's say you're walking Flintish Street station with heaps and heaps of people, I think six degrees of separation is probably a bit more realistic. I think you're thinking more like social media vibes. Yeah, okay, you know what I mean, Like you're thinking, but you know what, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm trying to say, Well, in the industry, in like the communities you.
Speaker 1: Move in your own industry, of course, it's probably lessons.
Speaker 4: Or in your communities or in your little circles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but they're all intertwined. No, Like I've seen people post stories with people and I'm like, oh, I know that person from blah blah and they're with this person.
Speaker 4: I went to school with.
Speaker 2: Yah, it's weird when that happens. And like, how do they know?
Speaker 4: How do they know each other because they've got a job at I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, but it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Like if you're friends with someone and then you know someone else and they're a friend of yours, it makes sense that those two people would potentially be friends because you like them, and.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's no reason for them to know each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I guess, like what I'm saying is, if you're friends with them and you like both those people, it makes sense that they would like each other.
Speaker 4: That's true. Yeah, well I have.
Speaker 1: And it's probably around the same age group.
Speaker 3: True, potentially they probably Yeah, well I want to take it to our audience, but I want to know dating. Okay, if you have gone on a date or started dating someone or anything like that and you've realized that there is a smaller connection between you guys.
Speaker 2: I love this, and.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know how some I want to hear some one once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's like your second cousin. I mean, yeah, that's interesting, but you know, what I mean, like that someone there was someone's ex or something something like that.
Speaker 1: Let's do a voicemail on this. That would be so good.
Speaker 4: Let's open the hotline to that.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: So. A couple of episodes ago, I don't know which one it was, I asked you if you think that Shampoo and Condition are friends.
Speaker 2: You did ask me that, and.
Speaker 3: We took it to the Facebook page, and here's what some of you guys thought. Tiffany says, they are in a situationship and it will never never go any further than that, sadly.
Speaker 2: But they're always going to be in that situationship because you need them both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lauren said, love this question. I don't think so. I think they both have big egos because they are both important. Think they are better than one another.
Speaker 2: I'm true.
Speaker 4: Jill said, I think they are friends.
Speaker 3: They don't have the same agenda though, so both equally important friends. They can't live without each other. Kelly says, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think they're friends.
Speaker 3: Amy says, I think they're distant distant cousins. They come together for family reunions, hair washed day, but don't hang out other than reunions.
Speaker 4: I love that one. That's probably the best.
Speaker 2: Well done, Amy love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, let's jump into a hot line. You have one ready to go.
Speaker 4: I do so.
Speaker 3: Spooky season coming up, so we asked you guys to send us your horror dating stories or your worst ghosting story.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: So this one comes from Claudia.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to say I absolutely love you guys and love your podcast, listening to it every week. And yeah, so my horror dating story is that I matched with this guy on Bumble. He said he would take me out for lunch. He wanted to keep the place a surprise, and I was young. I just went along with it. I was like, okay. And then when I went to meet him, I asking about our date was at KFC. Oh no, I was like, cool, We'll keep rolling with this. I sat down with him, we both got some food. We were eating. He then randomly started talking to me about farting. He kept laughing and then just kept telling me all these different stories about him farting at work and people, and just kept carrying on about how funny he thought it was.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I felt really awkward and didn't know what to do.
Speaker 5: And no matter how hard I tried to change the topic.
Speaker 2: It just didn't work.
Speaker 5: And in case anyone is wondering, no, I did not go out with him.
Speaker 2: Again after that. Thank god.
Speaker 4: Two things.
Speaker 3: Surely that's a setup for the boys. No, like that, and you're actually doing do you know what I'm trying to say?
Speaker 1: Like maybe he was really nervous and just like didn't know what to talk about, and he was like, oh, maybe I can make this girl laugh.
Speaker 4: Was it like taking a girl to KFC?
Speaker 2: Look, we love the kernel. There's nothing wrong. What are.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 2: You're you're getting what is it KFC?
Speaker 4: For dad? He asked for his birthday.
Speaker 1: Dinner exactly, So there's nothing wrong with KFC. I was once taken to McDonald's on a first day and I was like, you know what, really I don't hate McDonald so, like whatever.
Speaker 2: How old were you, like twenty six?
Speaker 4: Was it like for a mcflurry or was it for a sit down meal?
Speaker 1: It was like for chips and a burger. I actually liked it. I do like McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Look, there's nothing against the KFC. Like it could be. It's definitely could be better.
Speaker 4: Like I'm not gonna lie Zinger Box is pretty good.
Speaker 2: I love like I hungover Zingerbox.
Speaker 3: I love chicken wings since Tammy loves him and I love yeah genuinely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know Fat Jack's Chicken Wings. Who's that Fat Jacks is? Like in Noln, there's a couple of stores Fat Jackson Melbourne with the blue cheese sauce. Anyway, we're getting distracted tonight, ok yeah, I'm ready for some wings. So basically, I would say the KFC is okay, we can overlook that, but the farting is disgusting, Like I hate it when guys fart in front of me. I think it's foul and I hate it, Like why talk about it? It's not even funny, Like it's disgusting. You're like passing wind from your asshole. Like I don't need you to talk about it. I don't need you to think it's funny like that. For me, I would leave the day.
Speaker 3: I am quite a windy person when I wake up in the mornings.
Speaker 1: Michael does this thing and here goes he're like fart and he'll be like it's okay, it's no fragrance, and I'm like, it's like it's fragrance free.
Speaker 4: Well, I say true, but I do it like after so you hear.
Speaker 3: Calls it fluffing, she goes fluff that's very cree so it makes her laugh.
Speaker 2: Kids love fighting, but yeah, no for me, it's a strong name.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this one comes in from Kayla. Hey guys.
Speaker 2: First of all, I love the podcast, thank you.
Speaker 6: But yeah, this one was a date with a tinder boy, a first date. First of all, he made me pick him up because he'd lost.
Speaker 2: His license red red fla.
Speaker 6: But I'll be honest, I wasn't looking for anything serious, but this day went south so fast, so I picked him up. We went back to his place walking and it was like ultimate bachelor pad and absolute mess. But I thought, you know what, I'll look past it because I'm not looking for anything serious and just kept going. He proceeded to tell me that some of his friends.
Speaker 2: Were having drinks to the local pub, and.
Speaker 6: I thought, awesome, you know, chilled environment, let's go. So I go and get ready. We head out to this pub. When we show up, it's not just his friends, but it was also his family and it was actually a dinner to celebrate him getting out of prison. It was pretty shocked, and then he proceeded to introduce me as his girlfriend. No sorry, Yeah, so proceeds to introduce me as his girlfriend, takes like photos of us together, you know, throughout the night, and it's posting.
Speaker 2: Them on his storyfied man like.
Speaker 6: Later in the night, I ended up in the bathroom with one of his cousins who was like, oh my god, like, you're such a nice girl, Like how did you guys meet? And I had to be like, I've literally never met him before tonight, like this is literally the first time that we've hung out. Anyway, I felt like really really trapped, and I had a few drinks so I couldn't drive home, so I had to go back to the Bauchpad and I ended up sneaking out at like three am and driving home when I knew I was sober enough, blocked him on everything and called the girls the next morning, and yeah, safe to say we.
Speaker 2: Still laugh about it on my worst date. That is some crazy, crazy ship.
Speaker 4: I mean, that is funny.
Speaker 1: The audacity of this guy, really, the audacity.
Speaker 3: Imagine taking a girl that you just met, you got out of prison, and being like this is my girlfriend, Like.
Speaker 1: How would you unless they're like pen pals or something. Whilst he was in prison, but like fucking now.
Speaker 4: And the Bachelor of Hard taken her back to The Bachelor of Pad.
Speaker 1: He's so ballsy to do that. Like, if it was me, I don't know, Like, I probably go along with it. Actually, I'm a bit of a people pleaser, but.
Speaker 4: I'd probably say you're together.
Speaker 1: I'd probably be like okay, But at the first chance I would run, I'd be like, this person is mentally unhinged if they think we're together.
Speaker 4: I mean I remember like when I had.
Speaker 1: The well, maybe it would be like, no, we're not together, but he's announced it in front of everyone, literally everyone.
Speaker 2: Maybe i'd just go to I'd go with it. Yeah, I'd go with it.
Speaker 4: If saying the girls is that to me? I would be like, sure, would you.
Speaker 2: Go with it? You would?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would. For I would for the story. I would for the plot.
Speaker 2: We go with it for the four like I'm a boyfriend for the nut. Yeah, I'd probably do it, just because I'm a people pleaser. But yeah, that's horrendous.
Speaker 4: That would probably that's up there with one of the worst dates I've heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty wild.
Speaker 4: We need someone to try top.
Speaker 1: But at least she's like not alone with him, and he's like crazy, Like at least she's with like the whole family. Awkward when ye're true, awkward when she sees like the family or something like if you live in the local area and they're like, oh, it's someone Say's girlfriend.
Speaker 3: How is he telling his family that they've broken up? Well, I mean, if he's made up that lie that they're together, I'm sure and he's coming.
Speaker 2: He sounds a bit pathology. I'm sure he'll figure it out. Okay, guys, that is all we have time for Matt. It's so good to be in the Nova studios.
Speaker 3: It is, like I said before, I'm blake asking a producer if I'll get distracted because the camera's on my face.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely frothing at once.
Speaker 4: I've been looking at my face everywhere else.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, until next time. Bye,