Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigl Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and Elder's past and present.
Speaker 3: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm.
Speaker 2: All right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 3: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Oh, we talk a lot about ourselves as well. Joe coming up on this episode of Big Business. It is a business heavy podcast. Today we're talking marketing techniques from car companies. We're talking sales techniques. We're talking selling anything anywhere.
Speaker 1: We're talking about dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: We're talking about and I can do it.
Speaker 1: I can do a great dinosaur impersonation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we learned that today. It's actually diabolical. If I'm anyway, deal me in Dole.
Speaker 1: Let's go good morning, Matt. You've got a front face and hat on again to that.
Speaker 2: And wear indoors and all. Well, you know what it's because I didn't want to do my hair.
Speaker 1: That's AJ every day.
Speaker 3: But I get so annoyed, especially because like AJ has the thickest head of hair like I've ever seen. He gets his hair cut and needs to go back again in a week. Like gets a hair cut, it looks really nice.
Speaker 1: The week later fucked again again.
Speaker 3: But then so like his hair is so beautiful, thick, grow so fast, covers it with a hat every day of his life because he can't be bothered to do it right.
Speaker 2: And I hardly ever wear a hat and have no hair on my head though. And I was gonna say I was gonna let everyone in on a little secret, but I might save it.
Speaker 1: No, say it just because I'll tell him eventually.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to be one of those people who says I'm going to do something that never does it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, that's a bad train. That's probably me.
Speaker 2: You know. I saw a video and I have a question for you. Want to kick this episode off with a question, Oh fun, and how you answer is very important, okay, And I hope you haven't seen the video, okay, but I want to ask you what is your favorite dinosaur?
Speaker 1: I saw this tiktalk damn it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I saw the TikTok, but I didn't answer it. I'm gonna say I don't know the name, but the one with the long.
Speaker 2: Neck Brontosaurus, yatsurus, Brachiosaurus, I don't know. Well that's good. You've given me an answer that means you have some sort of personality, because this TikTok that I saw said that if you don't have an answer, like if you go, that's a stupid question, or you go, I don't know any dinosaurs, you clearly just have no personality whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Let me look up is it Prontosaurus bronto? What name that?
Speaker 2: That's the herbiv all? What's a brachiosaurus? Can you look up that one? Show me what that one like? But yeah, this TikTok was basically.
Speaker 3: Like Brackyosaurus is very similar to Okay, yeah, but I would say the other one because it's a bit more fat, okay, like a bit more chunky in the body.
Speaker 1: What's yours?
Speaker 2: I'm veloci rapti vibes.
Speaker 1: Oh for what reason?
Speaker 2: Just because I think they're like on par with a t rex. But no one ever actually talks about them, which is very me I feel, you know what I mean, Like I'm like I feel underestimated sometimes, So I'm the velociraptor.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? Like every straight Man's answer would be.
Speaker 2: Like t rex probably now something real. Need wait, let's ring a J that's me okay, I will say pterodactyl is my second.
Speaker 1: I used to be able to do a pterodactyl noise.
Speaker 2: How do you know what they sound like? Extinct millions of years ago? And you're going, I can make the turnd like it? How do we know what it sounds like?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: That sounds like a genuine.
Speaker 2: How did you even figure out?
Speaker 5: How did you figure out? How did you figure out you could do a pterodactyl sound when you don't even know what a terodactyl.
Speaker 1: Sounds like as we seen it in the movies? You do one?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be able to say no.
Speaker 2: Write it down everyone. When we do a high Schollers Live, we're doing a segment where Brittany comes out dressed as a pterodactyl. No pink flamingo from the river.
Speaker 3: I need to get back to them, they said the cane on the live show. Anyway, let's ring it.
Speaker 2: Okay, see what his favorite dinosaurus? Oh my god, I can't breathe. You sound like a chair scraping along the ground.
Speaker 1: Fucking come on, AJ he's busy work. I'm calling him a messenger everyone. That's what that call sound is.
Speaker 7: By the way, come on.
Speaker 2: Poor Hannah editing this episode, you're.
Speaker 3: Screeching dinosaur sounds. Wait, I'll try him on his actual mobile.
Speaker 2: Here we go, a nice different ring tone.
Speaker 1: He's gonna think something's wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, something is wrong. You desperately need to know what is favorite dinosaurs. Come on, AKA, all right, stick around.
Speaker 1: Folks, He'll bring us back at some point. Let's take a guess.
Speaker 2: The start of his voicemail sounds like an actual call.
Speaker 1: Hi, this is AJ.
Speaker 3: I made him change that like last year because I think I've said this, Okay, I've already said it. So AJ didn't know that his voicemail was what it was for the longest time. And it used to be like it must have been when you set it up. You know how it's like after the tone, say your name. So then when I when I would ring him and it would ring all the way through, it would be like Hi. I think he set it up when he was laying in bed, and so he's come into fate and got this important role. It wouldn't matter when he was trady, but now people be ringing him and he's not answering it would be, so I made him change it anyway, if he's going to call us back, for sure.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to say t rex. What do you reckon? He's dinosaur is going to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon t rex as well?
Speaker 1: What about a stegosaurus?
Speaker 2: Don't mind? I do love a triceratops as well. What's that one, big one with the big horns and the big head, the.
Speaker 1: Big Oh yeah, megasaurus is good because it's short and stumpy, but it can fuck you up, just like me.
Speaker 2: This is good anyone going on a day. This would be a good.
Speaker 1: First date question question.
Speaker 2: Yes, what dinosaur? What's your favorite dinosaur? But then what dinosaur represents you? Yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's a great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice little way to start off the podcast. Anyway, And what question you got for me? Then?
Speaker 1: Oh shit, what a question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I've asked you one was quite interesting.
Speaker 1: Actually, Okay, do you take multi vitamins or any kind of vitamins?
Speaker 2: Only Vitamin D at the moment? Oh okay, because we actually well we you know, I'm going to Europe. Yeah, so I'll stop talking about America. Soon and I'll start talking about Europe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: But I we've pre recorded an episode which is coming out later, and I talk all about my blood work that I just got done and the results. So I have to take the vitamin D. So when you listen to that scrollers in a few weeks, just know that I'm now taking my vitamin D.
Speaker 1: So it's nice.
Speaker 3: I just started taking them as well, like four days ago. I just did some research and found out, like what, because I've always been one of those people where it's like he's actually going to do anything for me. But then like you hear like it's good to just take like a multi vitamin A pro biotic, is it? So I've got like a multi vitamin A probiotic fish oil.
Speaker 1: I'm taking two fish oils in the morning.
Speaker 2: Good for sing This is a Roman Empire, No, this is a canon event. Sorry. I feel like everyone their life goes through.
Speaker 1: You get all the vitamins. I've done this like three times in my life.
Speaker 2: Go and get all the vitamins. You go to the shops, you get all the vitamins, especially when they're all on sale.
Speaker 1: I did an I herb order.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, and then you go for like seven days of having vitamins and then you forget all about it.
Speaker 1: This is the thing.
Speaker 3: I've done this so many times throughout my adult life and then yeah, you stick to it for not very long and then you just give up. But this time I want to stick to it. So I've got the multi vitamin, probiotic, fish.
Speaker 1: Oil, magnesium at night, and then the last one is, yeah, vitamin D three and K something and that's what I'm taking. So I've got five different ones.
Speaker 2: I take a day, okay, and does your piss look radioactive yet?
Speaker 1: I haven't looked okay because like we don't look down as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you actually have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually do you don't know? Something funny When we went to Katie Perry the other week and you had like your corset and everything on, I like had a moment. So Matt was like, Oh, I'm gonna have to go to the toilet in this thing and like undo the corset and everything.
Speaker 1: And so Matt went to the toilet and he came out really quickly. I was like, that was really quick, Like how did you do that? And then you're like I stood up.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, yeah, fucking forgot that guys stand up when they go to the toilet.
Speaker 2: Also, what a site me going to the bathroom at Katie Perry with like other like dads in like jeans.
Speaker 3: Was there anyone in there? They stare at you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they take a good look.
Speaker 1: They probably think you're hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, Yeah. What's this? What's this? Bombshell? She's in the wrong toilet? Oh i'd leave my wife. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: The boys they love me, they can't get enough for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, And I dressed for them. I dressed for the male gays, so.
Speaker 5: Fuck no.
Speaker 2: But Katy Perry definitely in the toilets, I was causing quite a scene. And then when I actually came out though, Like I went in and there were plenty of people in there, and then it was funny because when I was young, there was not a soul in sight, and I was like, I'll cleaned the joint out. I think it was just a coincidence, but it was funny. But I think there might have been a scroller in there who as I was trying myself back up and you know, putting everything back together, said hello, love you, love you. I think he's had loved the podcast, And I was like, thank you. So shout out to the scroller that I ran into in the toilets in at Katy Perry and sorry that I was trying to tuck myself back in if you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Next, please be upstanding for the Royal flush.
Speaker 2: I actually have two Royal flushes for today because I thought I want to do one royal Royal flush, but I'm kind of like, this is just a real short one, so it's not really worth having a whole Royal flush about. But you know that guy who's like no fizzy drinks today, he celebrated five years of no fizzy drinks so that started because it started in COVID what it was like because of lockdown that he started that wasn't what's his name? Rohit is that his name?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anyway, he celebrated five years no fizzy drinks today, So there you go. Congratulations. Love that thought anyone who has listened and has seen, because I'm sure we've all seen him at some point on our social media. But obviously that's nice and short and sweeten. You know, I love to talk. So I have a second one, which is the series called Bad Walkers by Matt Bass. He is a new York City local and he has TikTok series called Bad Walkers, and it is him walking behind bad walkers. And it is so good because when I was in New York City, the thing that I noticed is you could tell who was a local and who wasn't, just purely by the way that they walk on the sidewalk. And I, as someone who was not a local, was very conscious of how I walked on the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: So how do they walk the locals walk? Do they walk really.
Speaker 2: Fast fast, like darting in and out around people, like on a mission, you know what I mean? And then the bad walkers are like you can tell they're taking up four people across the sidewalk, they're walking slower, they're like tourists. They're looking around, they're not looking straight ahead, like got their head down going to where they need to be. Yep, And you could just tell. So anyway, look look up Matt Bass bad Walkers on TikTok and you'll get an understanding. And what he does is he like puts them on blast and sees how they react to him behind them or she's tripped over. Yeah, but they'll either be on the wrong side of the path.
Speaker 1: So he doesn't interview them or anything. No, he just imagine if he took it to the next level and he just went, excuse me, do you know that you're a really bad walker? He'd get his head bashed in we reckon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not my tourists though. I don't reckon.
Speaker 1: No, I reckon. I'm a good walker. But like it just depends like, oh, look at this girl ten good walker.
Speaker 2: So he's got good walkers as well. So she's in New York like like she's on a mission.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is the ones that are look at that, I mean, that's just disrespectful all.
Speaker 3: People taking up the whole thing quite slow slow is aj Okay, we're going back to the Dinosaur Chat.
Speaker 1: Hello, ajh oh. We have a question. We have a question for you for the podcast. Okay, so you're on you're on air. Okay, Hey, okay, are you in bed?
Speaker 2: He has like a sexy bad voice.
Speaker 1: Matt said, you have a sexy voice. Okay. Our question for you is what is your favorite dinosaur?
Speaker 2: Dinosaur?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you had to pick one, that's your favorite.
Speaker 2: I'm not really familiar with too many.
Speaker 1: Dinosaurs, but if you had to pick.
Speaker 2: Let's go try serrahtops. Nice?
Speaker 1: What one is that again?
Speaker 2: That's the one I was talking about with the horns and the big head.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and why would you say it's your favorite?
Speaker 4: Again, I have no idea about dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: So, Matt, how do you rate A J's answer?
Speaker 2: I think good? And again it is a reflection, so he's a bit of a triceratops, you know. Okay, hard exterior.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you so much for your contribution to today's episode of High Scrollers. Anything you want to say to the scrollers while while you've got.
Speaker 2: Them, not particularly, I've got to take measuring my hands, so no kind of lost for words. What you're measuring?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you measuring?
Speaker 2: I just saw your curtains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, measuring curtains because we're moving officers. See if we can use him again?
Speaker 2: All right, let him go work then.
Speaker 1: All right? Thanks AJ bye d bye bye.
Speaker 2: Try Sarah toops. Yeah, I know we'd say that.
Speaker 1: I want to look up try Sarah toops.
Speaker 2: That's like the big the straightaway you'd go, oh yeah, the one that looks like a rhino.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's kind of they're kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, back to what we were talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, forget what we're talking about. Let's move on.
Speaker 1: Walkers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bad walkers. So I always every time I'm in a shopping center, I always think to myself, there needs to be a fast lane, slow walkers, fast lane, just like we have on a freeway. Like I feel like some people when you did squads as a kid, you you know in your you're swimming swimming lessons, and then you get into squads if you were good, and I did, I hated it though I only lasted about.
Speaker 1: I hated swimming. I hated swimming. Carnival day like too embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I was good, so I enjoyed it nice. I was like, I look at me and mar blue ribbon. But yeah, I feel like there was too much admin with swimming. You know, you got water in your fucking ease. I gotta put on that stupid cap. It hurts my head.
Speaker 1: I would just not I would not compete.
Speaker 3: I would sit up in the grandstand thing, and then when it was free swimming time, I would be down in the.
Speaker 2: Pool, which, by the way, it wasn't mandatory to compete in nice athletic So why did I fucking do it every time. Yeah, every time I'd do it, and I think to myself, now, why didn't I just sit down and get something from the canteen?
Speaker 1: And that was me here, I am trying to.
Speaker 2: Win, get and I would always get the blue ribbon as well.
Speaker 1: Oh is that the participation one.
Speaker 2: That's fucking first place. I was getting all breken in all the blue ribbons from kindergarten as well. That was running. I was the first a good runner, so I was running doing the cross country on that told you the story about how when we got to high school you didn't need to do the cross country, But I didn't know that. Nah, I think I actually, I think I actually told the story in my first comedy show that I did. But yeah, basically, when I got to year I want to say, year eight, I didn't realize they sent out permission slips through the cross country because we'd moved to high school. The cross country actually went outside the school and like through the streets of the suburb where my school was, and like through a bush and like round the oval and then anyway, so you basically were going off the school campus to run the cross country. So they had to get permission slips signed to do the cross country. So I've like gone home, Mum signed my permission, sleep, I've given it back, like Neil interest at this point in my life in actually doing a cross country, but I'm like whatever. So I get down there, like it's going to be second period on Friday. Whatever. So second period Friday, I walked down to do the cross country. It's me and like eight other guys. Like I thought it was like the whole school. I thought it was the whole grade, like I thought all the boys in on my like pe class with it like it was a whole thing. So it was like me and like eight very serious runners, like they were very serious, like and I'm like, what the fuck is going on? And I was like this is so embarrassing, but I'm here now, so I've got to do it. And then so I did the cross country with like the eight.
Speaker 1: Did you try really hard? Well?
Speaker 2: I tried enough, but like you know, still came like second last. But the funniest part was is that my I think there was seven and I came sixth. And I went back to my history class which had still like in that it we'd finished it within the so that was so they were like back to class. I went back to class to my history class where I walked in and the teacher there was saying that she didn't believe, so she'd mark the role at the start of the class and she didn't believe. Someone said he's doing cross country, and she apparently went, oh, as if he's obviously wagging, he's not doing cross country. As if you're telling me he's doing cross country, you're you're lying to me. And so I got to walk back in and someone brought that up and said that, and I was like, well, I'll have you know. I just did the cross country and I came sixth. And she was like wow, and everyone's like, wow, did you really? I was like, yeah, I came six didn't tell them there were seven people in the race and the seventh, the one who came seventh, was injured as well, so we're covering from a broken leg or something.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: I when I was in school, I hated all of that.
Speaker 1: I hated cross country.
Speaker 3: I hated swimming kind of a I hated all those I like the fun games at the cross country day, like you know, the big parachute thing, like you know, you know what I'm talking about, The big rainbow circle thing and use it all hold around the edge and put balls in the middle and you flip them up in the end and you'd go under.
Speaker 2: I did that in like preschool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm talking primary school.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think we had a para out like.
Speaker 3: Cross country sports Carnival day. We'd all we'd have like games as well for the potato.
Speaker 2: Sack racing running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do potato sack races. Oh yeah, I remember I would do that pre legged yeah, three legged race.
Speaker 3: I liked all those, but I hated like the sports Carnival and the swimming carnival.
Speaker 1: Hated it. I was a kid that just didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I wish that I knew that you didn't have to do it, because I think I did everything and always went above and beyond. And I think if there's one lesson I've learned in life, it's that you don't need to go.
Speaker 1: Above and beyond, just go in between.
Speaker 2: Just do what you can. It's all right, you know. Yeah, you don't need to overachieve every single time I do.
Speaker 1: And she does, okay, well, onto my royal flush.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you haven't done yours yet?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 1: Fuck sorry Mercedes Country Hills.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, what's going on there?
Speaker 1: It's a in the car shop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I think in America they're on TikTok. If you look it up you've probably seen it, Matt. It's a bit of a marketing thing, as I'm sure a lot of you have seen. There's even car shops in Australia that do it as well, where all the.
Speaker 1: Car salesmen are like on TikTok. Yeah, and being like slay Queen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Mercedes Country Hills or Calgary Mercedes Benz Star Dealer of the Year twenty twenty five. And in particular, there's like one guy that's the main guy on their socials. Have you seen him?
Speaker 3: No, So I'll play out one of their videos. I'll play out the one that has thirty three million views. It's like a guy in a suit and he's just being really funny in a g wagon.
Speaker 4: Slamming the door isn't rude, it's required. Bring the drama, girly pop, and a couple lers built for your emotional support, water bottles. We've got blind spot assist as well as backup cameras. So no more Poopsie, You're just a girl, and no more touching the icky handle, one kick and she gets it. Very cute. See on the old side, this vehicle's very demure, but on the inside it's giving bougie and a cool breeze on the seats because we don't sweat, we shimmer ambient lading that matches.
Speaker 1: Your aura anyway.
Speaker 3: So this is their whole page. It's this guy that I don't know if he's the manager there. He works there, but they've got him saying like all young you know, sleigh and everything, and I just think it's really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's fun too.
Speaker 1: And he's promoting cars and adding a fine. And then there's a Mazda in Australia asple Mazda.
Speaker 2: Oh you I've seen that.
Speaker 3: And they're doing the same, so I think. But they do like music videos and stuff out in the kaya. It's all like they're straight to Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering though, Like I feel like the client tell who that video is targeting and who's laughing at that? Are not the clientele who are buying a G wagon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. G wagons are five hundred grand.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that. I like I thought like two hundred.
Speaker 3: I think four hundred to five hundred, but you can go more like depending on what kind is Louise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. See, I feel like the people who have the money to spend on a g.
Speaker 1: Wagon aren't getting that humor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doing that humor aren't in that world.
Speaker 1: And I think it's just good like brand awareness.
Speaker 2: Well for sure, I mean thirty three million views that they'd be stoked with that, but also looking at it from like a marketing perspective, it's like, how much did that actually help drive sales to your brand? So probably probably nothing. I don't know. Not everything's about sales at the end of the day, but like, yeah, it's just I'm sure that maybe. Well it's Mercedes though, So all the cars are expensive, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they've got like some like like you could get like a baseline Mercedes I reckon from like sixty seventy eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they do have like your typical sedan style. So maybe, but I like that.
Speaker 2: I think he's got at a charisma as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks sharp. He's in a suit, like you need to look it up and see him.
Speaker 3: I don't know, he just seems like dad, but like and they've posted all bloopers of him as well, like which is really funny, like him trying to say sleigh girly parp, but he's like girly sleep parp, like he just can't say, and he's like what am I supposed to be saying? But I just every time their videos come up, I always watch it and think it's really fun because like car.
Speaker 1: Salesmen and real estate agents, they're like old.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say trades, but you know, like it's old school like their jobs, like their sales people.
Speaker 1: So I think it's like a really.
Speaker 3: Fun and modern way to be a car salesman because like what do you think when you hear car salesman M slimy? Yeah, yeah, Whereas I think like car yards that are jumping on this, and there's heaps in Australia that are doing it now. I think Aspleamazda is one that keeps popping up for me as well. I think it's up in Queensland they're doing it as well, because when you do think of a real estate agent or a car salesperson, you do think of like a slimy salesman, yeah, because that's just like what they're kind of known for.
Speaker 1: Because of their I don't know, and reputation go in.
Speaker 2: Like when I went and got my new car and traded in my old one a few years ago, Like I went in knowing that that's their game.
Speaker 1: Like they come up to you, they're like, hey, we can I help you? Fine? And today no, just.
Speaker 2: Like I just went in and I was like, I know exactly what I want. Can you just not bullshit me, like give me a good price, like let's not do the back and forth and you're pretending like I was saying all this to him, like I was like because the first time I bought a ki, I feel like he like was, oh, I just have to go and check out the back and then he probably just went out and got himself glass of water. It didn't even do anything. It's all part of the game, you know. I was like, don't bullshit me. Don't have any time I want to buy a car, this is let's do it, like come on. And then anyway, he ended up getting me with like the trade in aspect because I had my red mass to three which was in that good condition, and then he said it was worth ten thousand, and I was like, I don't think I think it's worth a little more than that. And then I did a quick Google search of like how much they were going for, and they're going for like fourteen to fifteen thousand, and like I said that, and he was like, oh yeah, but you know they've got to they've got to clean it up, and they got to, I said, but in good condition, there's nothing like clean up anyway. In the end, I ended up just giving in because he was so annoying about it, and I did the ten thousand, and I was like, Oh, can't be bother' trade it in for the ten take it off the total for the mainlines good.
Speaker 3: Though, because like trading like you don't get fucking much compared to selling it on your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but my car was only like not that.
Speaker 1: Not that old?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, four or five years old.
Speaker 3: Okay, So then, but I feel like for a trade in, they always try to really rip you.
Speaker 2: Oh though they did, because the end of this story is the guy who bought it ended up calling me because he found my number in like the log book and was like, hey, mate, just wanted to know, like I bought the car from Mazda, and I just want to know, like whether you have a spare key because they didn't give me a spare key, but the logbook says it should have a spare key, and I said, oh, yeah, I did have a spare key, but I lost that like years and years ago, so sorry, like I wouldn't know where it is and it doesn't exist, don't worry about it, like and then I said, oh, like where you're from and blah blah, Oh here's where I was from first, and I said, I'm in Sydney and he was like, oh, I bought it in Canbra. So it actually ended up being sold in Canberra in one of the Canbra dealerships. And I said, oh, just curious, like how much did you pay for it? He goes, oh, eighteen five, So they they made eight and a half grand off my car, and I went, I was pissed.
Speaker 3: It's a lot easier like when you're selling a car to do the trade in because then it's like done for sure that you can always make more in a private sale.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. But I also didn't think that they'd get that much because he definitely I mean, I said give me fourteen for it, or I said it was fourteen, so I was expecting like a twelve. He could have come back with eleven and a half and he still would have made seven grand off me. So anyway, Yeah, I just it's one of those things where you can even go in doing well, I'm going to play his game and you still get ripped off in the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So but I mean, hustle babes, if you're a car salesman, fucking congratulations.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I reckon I would be a great car salesperson. Like, I'm convinced that I could sell anything. I posted a TikTok the other day and it ruffled a few feathers. I don't know if you saw it, but it was me talking about that guy that I met that sold chairs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 1: How he like, anyway, you made a good point. Yeah. And so someone in the comments was like, that's easy for you to say, like you sell clothes, like you couldn't sell chairs. I reckon I could sell fucking anything.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was soell chairs for sure.
Speaker 1: I could sell anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sell anything online.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Anita.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I'm loving the car talk. I feel like it's a great modern way for car salespeople to like show off their personality because they do have this, you know, reputation of being slimy ripoffs.
Speaker 1: Like that's just the way it's been in the industry forever. Same with real estate agents, I feel and I feel like that's just a really fun way to promote their businesses.
Speaker 3: So if you work at a car yard, or if you own a car yard, any use rollers get on.
Speaker 1: Socials and have fun with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so cool to talk through like a car in a girly parp way like, you'd get so many especially like the Master people that are kind of doing the same sort of videos. Yeah, with like more affordable cars for like the everyday person, you get so many people coming in being like, I want to look at your cars because you're being so fun on social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I've even got an idea for you. If I worked at a car dealership, and someone's probably this at some point. I'm not saying I came up with it, but right now I'm thinking, if I owned a car dealership and I was trying to make content, the first video i'd fucking make is POV the blow up Man Isn't working or whatever you call that.
Speaker 1: The blacky wavable thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like POV that's not working, and then you just have one of the guys stand out at the front as the traffic's going past, waving his fucking arm slack, one of those wavy man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love it to go off. A series that I would love to do is like if I ever had some spare time, is like going around to businesses that like ask for my help and helping them with their social media and showing them all the fun content that they could make, like the.
Speaker 2: Lawnmower guy who knocks on the doors and goes, can I mow your lawn for free?
Speaker 1: And make content Like I'd love to.
Speaker 3: Go to like Mazda in Newcastle or whatever, and like all sorts of businesses and like come up with creative concepts for them to show them, Like you can be on social media too, because I think a lot of people think when it comes to social media, like you've got to be an influencer or you've got I have like you know, clothes or beauty products or whatever. But like you can literally be selling cars and make social media content.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I would love to do that one day. Add it to the to do list for the future. But that is my royal flush.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of marketing and social media, have you seen that crumble cookie is in a bit of hot water?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, first of all, Max blegg Day, but legged has posted his Crumble cookie review. I did see that, which we were tagged in quite a bit because we obviously did a Crumble cookie review while we were in America. Sorry to bring it up again.
Speaker 1: Fuck that was shit.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. They were horrible.
Speaker 1: It was just like raw cookie dough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really bizarre. Everyone, Like, honestly, I feel like we tried. We had to obviously try and get that video cut down. We could have harped on about that for ten minutes about how just like it really is so basic, like a sub cookie here in Australia or even just your cookies you know from the supermarket that.
Speaker 3: Is just like a cookie dough, like the cookie ion the coals ones that you get.
Speaker 1: Better than that were already made like a cookie.
Speaker 3: Dough log that you've bought and cut up and cooked it only for like five like five minutes.
Speaker 2: But with no sugar. It was almost like they were they had no like and they're well they were heap sweet, but they weren't sugary, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just taste like shit.
Speaker 2: Oh it was, It's bizarre. It's hard to it's hard to describe what they were like. But anyway, we didn't like them. Max, who is from the UK, was in America. He tried them. He was shocked and appalled that they were so disgusting. And this is the thing I think, I like said, and I offend the Americans every time I say this, but I think that like a lot of their food is quite bland, and so when they do have something that's even ten percent better, it's like, Wow, this is Americans.
Speaker 3: A recan Americans would come here and be blown away at how yummy the food is.
Speaker 2: They seem to hate it. Because I made this comment in one of my videos on the Landwitch Rap, the Caesar rap that I had in New York, which was delicious.
Speaker 1: It was the best anchovies in it.
Speaker 2: Well that's what people said, but I don't think, like, when I looked at the menu, it didn't say anchovies, And if I had seen anchovies, I feel like I would have said no. But I loved it and it was so delicious, so if there was anchovies in it, But I just feel like, I feel like there wasn't, but a lot of people said that there was anyway, because I said there was something about the caesar sauce that just gave it a little bit more flavor that made it really special. And everyone was like, that's the anchovies. But I'm like, I swear I didn't know they were anchovies in I hate anchovy. You're sane. I fucking my dad would put them on a pizza when I was younger, with your homemade pizza. Dad would put anchovies on the pizza cana. Are you nodding? Are you nodding as if to.
Speaker 1: Say, oh, you love them?
Speaker 2: Ah? Fired, fired.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know something.
Speaker 3: Actually, speaking of seafood, I have a video actually that I haven't posted yet. When Dedicated Lifestyle and I went out for lunch the other week, she made me try an oyster.
Speaker 2: Oh you have never had one? No, quite nice?
Speaker 1: You like them?
Speaker 2: I like an oyster. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we fucked up because we ordered like a special one that had all stuff on it, because she's like, you'll probably like that better than a fresh one.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, I don't do fresh. It has to have things on it.
Speaker 1: Well, she thinks we fucked up because it was hot, spicy.
Speaker 2: No, it was a hot oyster like warm, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: And she's like when it came out and then she felt the shell, She's like, oh no, this is warm, like they're way better cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I fucking put that thing in my mouth and it came straight back out in the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Oh no, see I do. I love an oyster kill Patrick, which you never really see anymore.
Speaker 1: These were they're not hot.
Speaker 2: So no, it's just shear sauce and little pieces of bacon.
Speaker 1: I mean, like warm. So the bacon isn't warm. No, it's cold bacon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting, Well maybe the bacon is warm, but I'm not sure now that you say that, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I just don't think I can do it. Like I love all seafood, but oysters I tried. I'm never fucking trying that again. Really, Like, are you serious? It's slimy and gooey with snot on it. It's like phlegm, You've gone into it wrong, and Kate choose it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't choose mine.
Speaker 1: So then what's the point.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's just all about the experience, Like.
Speaker 3: I feel like everything else I like crab, prawns, lobster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different though.
Speaker 3: It feels like you've and fish. I like, I'll eat all that, but it feels like that's been caught from the ocean and then stuff has been done to it before it gets to your plate. But with the oyster, like when I was holding the shell, like, it just feels like it's really just been pulled straight from the ocean, straight in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of the time, A nice fresh oyster the way.
Speaker 1: To gow No, thanks, interesting, fair enough? Where will we going with this?
Speaker 2: Grumble cookie? Yes, yes, so crumble cookie. We hate it. Whatever. Anyway, they're in hot water at the moment. They're get being sued by record label, which unfortunately I have totally forgotten which one it is, but it's one of the big ones. And they're being sued because in their social media they have been using songs you know that as a brand, you're not allowed to use shit, and.
Speaker 3: They're a brand new song right, songs in all our TikTok dancers everything.
Speaker 2: They're getting sued for twenty four million dollars because the record company thought that they probably made around generated around one hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of sales per video.
Speaker 1: Oh, because of all the money that they earn on tiktoks.
Speaker 2: No sales of their cookies, and all the record company's just gone, well, this video got this many views, you've got this many followers. We reckon this probably generated this many sales, and you've used that one hundred and something times. That's twenty four million dollars all up. We're seeing you for twenty four million dollars. And Chumbuki's in this big legal battle right now. They've removed all of it. And if you're go on now look at their social media. It's actually so bland and boring because they've got to use.
Speaker 3: Royalty point because like we all use songs on our tiktoks. I know, they could come after all of us one.
Speaker 2: Day, exactly. Yeah, if you use songs to promote faith, well yeah, that's a that's a bit of a gray area there isn't it shit, I know. So it is strange because like we're living in that era of the Internet where it is like gray area vibes. Because my thing is the artists need the exposure, the exposure to get the song out there and going viral to then have a hit, right, yeah, but then you know it also trickles down, Yes, your fate and fate is using it and that's like an actual business. But like I do paid partnerships. This is what I mean. Make that I'm doing a TikTok dance on one video and then making video of a brand on another video, or even I'm assuming the creator fund.
Speaker 1: I would into it.
Speaker 2: I know, I would just assume it's Remember on like YouTube ad sense, if you had a song, you couldn't monetize your video, so I'd assume that TikTok would be the same. Where if you used one of Lizzo's songs on a video, you're not making a cent on that video. And when I work with brands like it's always no copyright, no copyrighted songs or logos or anything. Yep. So a lot of the time when you and you may not know, like you may not notice, but maybe you will notice. Now, Like if you see a paid partnership like it will rarely have any other brands even like I'm instructed that like not even a toaster in the background. You know, I've got my smake toaster in the kitchen, like I'd be told to do it again. Without that in it, my clothing will never have any branding, Like you'll never really see any other branding in a sponsored video apart from the brand that obviously is being promoted. You also can't use a trending sound, even if it's not or that's some some brands are okay with a trending sound, but also that could be someone else's intellectual property. For example, if I make a trending sound and then you use it to promote pink V and you're being paid by V to use my voice.
Speaker 1: You could be like you that is messy.
Speaker 2: And V as well. So it's like it's we're living in a very gray area right now.
Speaker 1: It's very weird as well.
Speaker 3: Like for example, with our Fate stores, we have to pay a license to yeah for to just play Spotify out loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, isn't that crazy? Yeah, as a DJ, I have to send a file of well I don't have to, but whoever owns the decks. Yeah, so the club will actually be able to see all the songs that I've played throughout the night, and that data goes to APRA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's like a clothing store or some sort of business in Melbourne's recent like gotten sued for like playing Spotify out loud in their store.
Speaker 1: Just to have like a bit of background music for their customers. Isn't it nuts?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Like can I get it? Because that's like I get it, but I don't.
Speaker 2: You get it? But like it's just something that you'd never think about. Yeah, but yeah, what other times have I had to use had to do that with music? I think, yeah, djaying, I only it was more so up to the venue. But I think if I had, if I was a wedding dj, I'm pretty sure. And this is the thing, no one actually would do it, Like, not many people would actually follow those rules and do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you're djaying a wedding, I'm pretty sure you're getting paid to play other people's music. You need to send a list to OPRA and you pay to have the opera license and then I think a passes on the funds to the to the artists. Yeah, I'm not I'm really not sure how any of that works. Go you know, go Google, go yourselves. That's not a you thing, Hannah. I'm not expecting you to go google it. Right now. You can all do some homework and some research later.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, I hated homework. I feel like we've spoken about that before on the pod. I fucking hated homework.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think everyone does. Like you say that, like it's revolutionary.
Speaker 1: No, I fucking really hate it. Stop giving kids more fucking shit to do outside of school when none of it matters.
Speaker 2: Especially because it's the parents that end up doing it. Like remember when I would get homework, mamauld be cooking dinner and having a stop dinner to come over.
Speaker 3: The fuckings And then the parents don't even know.
Speaker 1: And then I bet you they disass some chat GPT for the answers anyway.
Speaker 2: And if they're not, that's actually a good way to look at it. What use chat GPT to help with the kids homework? There you go.
Speaker 3: Can you say, like from your school years, was there any homework that you did or an assignment that you had to do that was very useful to you in your life?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Like, I fucking hate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stop it.
Speaker 1: The kids are at school for what six hours a day already, that's enough. That is enough.
Speaker 2: I almost want you to have a kid just for the social aspect of it. All, like just so you can die.
Speaker 1: I would fucking raise that kid so differently, Like I don't think that'd even go to school. Really, how can I do it myself?
Speaker 2: Oh, with everything else you got going on, you reckon your home school.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe I would send them to school and like, obviously go learn all the fundamentals of life and all the basics sparely writing, reading.
Speaker 1: But also they learned that at home as well.
Speaker 3: But I'd say, don't fucking worry, like unless you want to go become like a surgeon or you know something where you definitely have to like be smart and go to UNI.
Speaker 1: If not, don't fucking worry.
Speaker 2: But what if you don't know whether you want to do that or not.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing.
Speaker 3: You don't know when you're that young. You don't know what you want to do. Yeah, but they just pressure kids so much, Like do you remember stressing out when you had a test coming up?
Speaker 2: No? Yes, and no, I think I again, I think I've said this before, Like I had no idea what I wanted to do, so I wasn't really motivated in school because I had nothing to work.
Speaker 3: I even remember like in primary school we had the basic skills test.
Speaker 2: Do you remember plan and stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like in year three, four and five and six, like you had a different test every year. Yeah, Like I remember being in year five shitting myself the night before. For what reason does a kid in year five need to be fucking stressing like that? Yeah, you're in year five. All you should be worried about is going to Bathist.
Speaker 1: Five Bathists for your school camp.
Speaker 2: Oh we were gone, great. Does he wish camp though? Pesticon? I don't know if I did Bathist.
Speaker 1: We did Bathists. It's that. Yeah, that's where you do a little gold mining stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, see I never did that.
Speaker 3: No, I genuinely thought that I was going to find gold in that, like one little lake in the middle of the school camp that hundreds.
Speaker 1: Of kids would look in every every week. Yeah, I thought I was going to find gold. No, And you didn't know there wouldn't be gold in there. It's a busy school camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, Well they could just sprinkle sprinkle bit of you know, paint some rocks gold, sprinkle it in there before the kids come each day. Yeah, you know, because it's all about the experience, it is. And then those kids they have a memory for life and they tell everyone and it's all about business, isn't it. This has been a big business.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Thank you all so much listening to big business.
Speaker 3: You've got a tip of the week and with the tip of the week on big business, and it can be a life hack, business hack, anything.
Speaker 2: Tip of the week this week is ask someone in your life what their favorite dinosaur is. Yep, because look at the conversation. It can spark or you can figure out whether they're fucking boring or not, because if they're boring, they won't have an answer. Was a bit worry about AJ by the way, that red flat j give us something here, but it's already went with tri Sera Trotz, which is kind of left a field, so that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just expecting t rex like a stock standard answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd actually appreciate if scrollers you could ask a straight man in your life dinosaurs and then let us know in the broadcast channels, which again, if you don't know how to join the broadcast channel, head to my Instagram and then in the bio it'll say scrollers and it's got a little headphone emoji. You can click that and join the broadcast channel. We always continue the conversation there and just talk ship and Brittany sends photos of her and a mango Lassie every.
Speaker 3: So often, which, by the way, my sister in law went to Costco and she bought us a bottle of the mango lassie that they have there at Costco.
Speaker 1: It is not mango lassie. Okay, do not fucking get it. It's diabolical. Okay, you can't even compare. It just tastes like yogurt like. It's not mango lassie. So do not get the Costco one.
Speaker 3: If you've gotten that and you've thought, oh, Britney loves this, that's not what I'm talking about, chuck it in the fucking bind.
Speaker 2: There you go. That's Britney's tip of the way.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's another episode done and dusted.
Speaker 2: Matt, thanks for listening, Scrollers. We'll see on Friday with an episode of Close Friends. Any idea what we're talking about, britt.
Speaker 3: Well, I wanted to talk a little bit about Tommy Heimbrow and Maddie Boy divorcing.
Speaker 2: Yes, get into that, okay, anyway, Joe, I'm better let you go. I gotta go find a spare battery for the Master three