Speaker 1: Guys, you've arrived at the podcast. Bad news though, fantaos will no longer exist. Good news for teeth though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good news for teeth. They're really really coming together.
Speaker 3: Those that have survived the decades of torment and absolute abuse at the hands of this delicious chocolatey caramelie yet tree that just hangs out in your mouth for days after you first get.
Speaker 1: And yet rock hard extraordinary fantails are gone. So we asked the question, what would you like to bring back? Oh my goodness, did we have some callers.
Speaker 3: We bring you mixed news today. On one hand, the positive news that the is won the first test, Oh my god, really good stuff. The bad news that we bring you is this.
Speaker 4: Hel blind yes.
Speaker 5: Has been attached by animals in three.
Speaker 2: Of its films. Fan tales are better than your tales.
Speaker 3: Hello, rip fantastic? What Oh they're being discontinued. You saw this coming, not me.
Speaker 5: All the dent.
Speaker 2: That is very very true.
Speaker 5: Like those things are so rock hard.
Speaker 1: You try to body and then like if you don't lose a tooth, you definitely have a bit of chewy caramel in the back of your gums for eight years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good test. For your teeth, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Isn't it?
Speaker 3: And if your first time, if you're a tooth and your first time and you see a fan tail coming, like, well, it's make or break right now.
Speaker 5: It just teeth everywhere, like crossing their arms above their head.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: I do it.
Speaker 2: Only the strong units vive this.
Speaker 3: I was brought up by fantails, literally, three or four hundred fantails, raised me as one like a bunch of Lemmings. Staple of the diet though, yeah right, and not just in terms of your delicious chocolatey chewy garramel treat, but also where you get your information on movie stars.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, that was your number one source back in the day.
Speaker 5: Oh I forgot about that. That was the joy of the fantail, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it wouldn't quite sync up with the top of the wrapper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're like, oh, mystery movies, this is an adventure.
Speaker 3: Some printing issues, but they're blaming a you know, it's not making enough money, all those types of things.
Speaker 2: But I would have thought fantastics would have survived.
Speaker 1: I was always told like, if you if you're craving something sweet, have a fantaile because they're so incredibly rich that it'll put you off wanting more chocolate.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, it's like, oh, hey, are you an alcoholic? I got one for you.
Speaker 3: Have a shot of tequila that should scratch that inch, go right to the top shelf.
Speaker 5: Should see you through the craving. Or it could spargan eight day bender who knows fun journey downetheless adventure?
Speaker 2: Isn't it dunk a woose for me? So dunk a whose back in the day? Oh they were, we're talking top shelf. That was top shelf in.
Speaker 3: Your lunchbox, your dunkaro Beckham Primary School cookie for as.
Speaker 6: Much frosting as you want.
Speaker 4: How do you do your knuckaroo?
Speaker 3: I don't know what's happening at Beckham Primary School, but it was. It's also a little bit cool to have dunkaroos. Really little bit of street credit.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, okay, text.
Speaker 3: I know the text will come through and say, look there's a different version of dunk a woos now, and I've seen them from a different company and all sorts of things, but it's not this.
Speaker 5: Aren't those dunkaroos now? I get them for my kids like the little kangaroos. Or is that something compus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then knockoffs from the original version. It's not the same. It's like, I'll take you back. It's like when Jordan came back and he played for the Wizards. Everyone's like, yeah, nah, so Tony locket when he came back to the Swans and he played in two thousand and two. Oh thanks Tony wearing number forty six three games, three goals. Like the Great Shame War when you lost a heap of weight.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, that's not the original you know, beer swilling pie eating shame that we all know and love.
Speaker 3: Yes, the debaucherous shame War that we knew in love.
Speaker 5: I blame Liz Early for that base.
Speaker 1: She she got him onto some sort of smoothie diet where he just like refused to be the man that he was and that we all grew to love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Can you remember when you're a kid and I can't remember what it's called. Is it magic something? And you pour it on your tongue as a kid and it.
Speaker 5: Would crackle O.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think magic gum and then it would turn into gum and it was magic.
Speaker 2: Sorry, ladies and gentlemen, this is definitely a tasty thing. Yeah, I'm kind of excuse me, shut up?
Speaker 5: Magic gum was a thing?
Speaker 3: Okay, what would you bring back? Thirteen twenty four ten. What discontinued product would you bring back? And we want real products, it's not products that Jones are mass.
Speaker 5: Thirteen twenty four ten. If you ever had magic gum?
Speaker 2: Or what's that your gos? Next? What would you bring back? It was?
Speaker 1: Have you checked out? What if dot COM's a top ten winter weekend?
Speaker 7: Is yet?
Speaker 2: How good a waif?
Speaker 1: Tip?
Speaker 5: Long sessens in there? Camera kNs, tweetheads.
Speaker 3: The book you went to get away on the Wadi Fat?
Speaker 5: What if it's Aussie for travel?
Speaker 3: Fortunately, fan tails are going to be discontinued.
Speaker 1: Fine has been at touched by animals in three of his films.
Speaker 3: Fan tails are better than your tails? Oh they're no more.
Speaker 5: No, that's continued the highs and lows this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah we won of the first says Oh next, what curveball?
Speaker 2: Have you got next?
Speaker 1: Now we're asking the question on thirteen twenty four ten. I'm talking really quickly because I can't wait to take the call, and we're asking the question, what do you want to bring back?
Speaker 5: What do you miss? Now?
Speaker 1: I mentioned magic gum, which was the crackly stuff that you'd put on your tongue.
Speaker 5: And it would morph into a beautiful piece of chewy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we all collectively, everyone else in the studio bar Jody said, Okay, tazzy kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, this was a tazzy thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well let's go to Emily from Athelston. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 5: Emily? Tell me you know what magic gum is.
Speaker 7: Absolutely I grew up with magic gums. But I must admit that I have also a Tasmanian.
Speaker 1: Emily.
Speaker 3: So is it just a tazzy thing or did this did this somehow I don't know, make the mainland?
Speaker 7: I can't remember, but there's a lot of tazzy things that Jodie says that make me laugh all the time. I'm not sure, but I can concurry definitely a thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have never felt more vindicated in my life than I did by Emily just then.
Speaker 3: Because what we've established it is definitely a tazzy thing. We don't know if it's somehow got on the boat and got to the mainland, we don't know yet.
Speaker 1: But Emily, can you remember it had like the little green Martian on the front.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's gone, She's gone.
Speaker 5: Could have talked to Emily all day.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Vicki and brighton. Vicky, what would you bring back if you could?
Speaker 8: Well, you can still get those magic gum and it did make it here and every year at the show. Yeah, and can do you have Upper Engle Farm and Parabanks you can kill buy it? Did you know what to bring back? The huge god stoppers that every layer was a different color chocolate, and then it would go to a different color at the end of the school day. You would finally get your bubble gum in the middle work handless of what I would bring back.
Speaker 3: What a journey it was, Vicky'd be like chocolate all pineapple, oh, mossball.
Speaker 8: Even get it in your mouth. I think they were like under two dollars and it was the best lilly that you could ever have, everlasting, the best.
Speaker 1: I thought nothing could bust up teeth more than a fantail, But that gobstop it sounds like it could do a fairly.
Speaker 3: Decent job with the other two big tests, wasn't It was like fantail or gobstoff, can get through both of them.
Speaker 2: You're you're a tooth that deserves to be there. Chloe from Albertson, What would you bring back?
Speaker 9: Original sunny Boy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: How good on a hot day?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Rip the corner off the peak, leaving the shop.
Speaker 8: Ye, get into it.
Speaker 3: Iconic packaging and shape as well, like that triangular sort of shape.
Speaker 5: It was so confused.
Speaker 4: I'm being like a dollar and begging my mum.
Speaker 8: We were leaving food Land to get one.
Speaker 1: When but just you could just squish it up like that. It's like a Calippo, so convenient and easy.
Speaker 5: The sunny Boy.
Speaker 3: Very good stuff. Tracy round it out for us. Tracy and Elizabeth, what would you bring back?
Speaker 8: I would bring back the Polywaffle?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, and also those are pop rock.
Speaker 8: Chewing gum and they were the best.
Speaker 5: Is that like magic gum?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like magicum?
Speaker 5: There we go, there you.
Speaker 2: Go, good stuff.
Speaker 3: The poly Waffer in particular was like this treat where it was this crazy mixture of like chocolate biscuit maybe even and marsh marshmallow.
Speaker 2: Who saw that coming?
Speaker 5: Who would have thought that that would work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just going to you the news.
Speaker 5: Sorry, just some good news. I'm pretty sure that Men's back.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was this year or whenever it was over COVID, but they're bringing back for polywaffle.
Speaker 3: Really huge news for polyf enthusiasts and.
Speaker 1: Also for those people, those immature boys who like to throw them in a pool and go, look a giant.
Speaker 10: Urb giant What the fork?
Speaker 1: Have you ever asked yourself why there's no forks in the kitchen at your workplace? Well, I can answer it for you, because there's none in any kitchen ever in any workplace because people steal.
Speaker 5: Them all the time.
Speaker 3: Genuine chance, Abby from the newsroom is broken into your workplace and stole your forks.
Speaker 5: So that is how this segment was born.
Speaker 1: Today's what the Fork was born out of the fact that we went to lunch yesterday for your birthday, had a little team lunch, didn't we That was nice and you would have seen.
Speaker 5: You all would have.
Speaker 1: Seen the moment when I got completely triggered. And it was the moment that I saw the QR code menu. Oh my god, Oh my god, sept what the fork? In fact, what the tech? There's several things at play here. Who wants to read a full menu.
Speaker 5: Off your phone?
Speaker 1: I'm that person that's got enlarged font on my phone. I can barely read a text message, let alone a full.
Speaker 5: Menu with a million ingredients.
Speaker 3: Andrew, Yeah, you cruise around with those Google glasses. Glasses really cool.
Speaker 1: Please give me a paper menu, at least give me the option of a paper menu along with your QR code option. And then I'm reading because I downloaded the stupid app thing. And then I'm reading at the bottom it's like, please help us save a tree by using the QR.
Speaker 5: CO save a tree? How often are you changing your menu in a restaurant?
Speaker 1: Like I reckon one restaurant for ten years one tree max.
Speaker 2: Maxim Annoying is that like for example, wile produce Zoe.
Speaker 3: Sends up stuff to us via email, said pretty out because she's saving trees.
Speaker 1: But in the moment I decided I would never ever engage in this whole ridiculous QR code ordering Pilava ever again. Was in a Thai restaurant in Melbourne on the wharf there and we're sitting down, no paper menus anywhere to be seen, lots of trees, no paper menus, and so with QR ordered, and then it's giving you the option down the bottom, would you like to leave a two dollars fifty tip a tip?
Speaker 5: Who served me? Andrew? Who am I tipping?
Speaker 2: The tie? Gods? I'm not sure that is the most I go.
Speaker 5: No one's brought me a drink, no one said good evening. How are you I'm not tipping it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's the new the future. We tip the robots and sushi train.
Speaker 5: What they're twenty four ten. Let me just take a teap breath.
Speaker 2: You're you're really really rolled up.
Speaker 1: I'm not good at tech at the best of times, and when you're angry and you're sitting in it doesn't want my food. I don't want to have to jump through a million technological hoops. It's very fair feinteen, twenty four ten. Do you have any technology that you refuse to engage in?
Speaker 3: You've got technology everything, Oh my gosh, I don't know how to use your Bread's also the big feed that they slap on. It's so it's a mixture of not been able to work technology also maybing a tight ass banking like I would still like to do everything in cash and take it into the bank. I don't know how to bank. I wouldn't know how to pay bills if I had to pay bills. I'd have to go to the post office.
Speaker 1: Don't even start me on the fact that the ATMs. Now your branch doesn't provide your own your own ATMs, so you can't get access to your money for free. Now you have to go to one of those wamfangled ones in a bar that charge you three dollars eighty to get access to your own cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bloody am fangled one.
Speaker 1: You thought I was angry about QR code menus. Don't start me on AIGHTMS.
Speaker 3: Didn't this trigger yourself? We're just trying to have a nice lunch, hurt. And then Joe you went to the Hilton and then Jody Hilton. What's the suburb just near West Laid Football Club? Yeah, Joe, you just turned the place upside down.
Speaker 5: I was like flipping table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, get everything all right, man, QR coats.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, you were just sitting in the corner going another bolter. Thanks, I'm just gonna cat.
Speaker 5: Thanks, scared of it.
Speaker 3: We'll take your calls next to thirteen and twenty fourteen. What tech do you refuse to use?
Speaker 2: What's so best? Caller?
Speaker 3: This morning score saw some tickets to the Beer and Barbecue Festival, the number thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 1: And I promise you when you go to the Beer and Barbecue Festival there'll be actual paper menus.
Speaker 5: I promise you. All Right, let's go to Sam. Sam, what's the text standoff you're in with?
Speaker 9: Good morning? I'm on a text stand off with everything?
Speaker 2: How are you? How are you calling us to that?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 9: Well, the phone is the only thing that I've had to adapt to that Netflix because I live in the middle of nowhere, so there's nothing else to do.
Speaker 10: Right, But.
Speaker 9: As soon as I hit twenty five years old, I became so aggressive with any form of technology. I don't know. It takes forever to learn how to use a new phone or a new laptop, or I just can't do it anymore. Yeah, but if I go to a restaurant or a pub and I see a QR code, it is like waving a red flag.
Speaker 5: In front of me, sad as a woman after my own heart, a restaurant red flag.
Speaker 9: I have a love of gold. Where is the sixteen year old with the little book that.
Speaker 5: Sam Durst? If were you in a text standoff with.
Speaker 6: Look, I am one hundred percent the same with both of you as well. And I thought it was because I was old, but she said she was over twenty five, so it can't be that. But I actually hate the fact that you need to download an app to even get footy tickets. Now. You can't get a manual ticket to go to footy.
Speaker 8: You can't.
Speaker 6: I have something in my hand. I don't like to rely on my phone. What happens if I drop my phone or something. I want to have a piece of paper to be able to go to the footy or to go see a show. And then I like to scrapbook it after it's put a photo of the light, you know, with my ticket. I can't scrap book an app.
Speaker 2: I can't pull it.
Speaker 6: I could take a photo of the app and put it there with a picture of me dining out one night. That would be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And when your.
Speaker 3: Team wins a Grand Final, who's taking a photo with you with the ticket on your phone?
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 6: It just doesn't work. It doesn't work, man, Kirsty.
Speaker 1: You should have seen how trigger I was the other day when my husband, when I was trying to get into the net Bull sent me four tickets and said, have you three of these you just have to.
Speaker 5: Work out with one's gonna work.
Speaker 9: Style.
Speaker 5: Just cursing him.
Speaker 6: No pressure there that noise.
Speaker 5: It makes us like, don't don't come on man, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's get a Wayne.
Speaker 4: Hey, how you doing good?
Speaker 2: Thanks mate?
Speaker 8: My text standoff is self serve check out.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, for or against?
Speaker 4: I'm against him. I will literally stand in a queue of like full trolley rather than go through one of those because.
Speaker 8: They're not paying me.
Speaker 5: That's true, Wayne, and I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I would not, I would not, you know, like pay any extra money for an after serve me.
Speaker 1: I know, I just like I love that Wayne's behind eight people with full trolleys and he's just got a packet of pringles and a coke zero.
Speaker 5: And he's not doing it.
Speaker 1: That is that is me me.
Speaker 2: Is excellent.
Speaker 5: Should we send him off to the Beer in Barbeque.
Speaker 3: For Yeah, well I'm We're going to send you off to the Beer and Barbecue Festival. Se Congratulations, thanks to the call.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, very good. Just download your ticket via tickets.
Speaker 9: Yes week.
Speaker 2: In the story, this is how her several scenes huge.
Speaker 1: Jo, You're one of those young boys that was just obsessed with Gwen Stefanie.
Speaker 2: No, not really.
Speaker 3: I had a lot of mates that were yeah, massive Gwen Stefani fans.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she was left close to tears during a recent interview on British television after she was surprised by a video message from one of her musical idols. So she said, selector singer who I've never heard of, apologies. Pauline Black was a personal hero.
Speaker 5: And then she got really teary and emotional when they played a message from her. Have a listen. Hey, thanks calling. I'm absolutely thrilled to sewing and.
Speaker 2: Lots of left right right now.
Speaker 5: Her tears, Well, I can't believe that. That is like incredible.
Speaker 2: I can understand what.
Speaker 5: You don't understand anything. Okay, she was like.
Speaker 9: My idol when I was like thirteen, and she just talked to me.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. Can you have a think?
Speaker 1: I don't mean to put you on the spot here, but who would reduce you to tears? If I organized someone to record a message for you?
Speaker 5: Would it be Lebron?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's probably a bunch, isn't there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tom Rin, that'll make your soup.
Speaker 3: It's a whole Hebrew group, probably about seven or eight bloke but imagine if it was Lebron James some one like that, it'd be very, very surreal.
Speaker 5: I'd love to do that for you one day, but I don't know that he'd return my call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the thing as well, So obviously, I mean she's known by this person as well, so it's a genuine heart message versus one you're like, who the hell am I doing this for?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Anyway, that's that juice you see. Now.
Speaker 1: We love Adele's honesty, but she chronically overshared on stage, so she's returned. She returned to the stage in Las Vegas for her ongoing residency weekends with Adele in the Colossom at Caesar's.
Speaker 5: Palace, where she let the crowd in on let's just say a little health issue that she was having to.
Speaker 3: People, And I sweat a lot, but it doesn't know anywhere, so I'm basically just sitting in my own sweat.
Speaker 2: So my doctor gave me Jock, do you guys know what that is? Jock said, that sounds like I'm a big Nuggets fan. There, doesn't it. N She is the bell, her absolute element.
Speaker 3: I get it what she says now, And she said, sounds like I'm a big Nuggets fan.
Speaker 5: Jock jock it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that is in the jo Ah. Now I get it.
Speaker 5: Well, now I understand. I didn't understand the word she said.
Speaker 2: Then that was a bit of fun juice.
Speaker 1: The Chase Australia star Mark the Beast Labbott has confirmed he has a new girlfriend. He posted an emotional message on social media. So he's going out with a girl called Hailey Palmer and she joined him in Los Angeles recently. He's filming The Chase over there, the US version and a separate game show called master Minds. Anyway, the details are probably no one cares for. I only realized that as I was saying them.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 5: This is a detail you will enjoy though.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he was originally married to a girl called Katie Labbett before it was revealed, well they split up a mid cheating rumors.
Speaker 5: But it was also revealed the pair with second cousins.
Speaker 2: Yes, who saw that coming, bother, You're going to say something. It wasn't a real human. It was like one of those AI bots.
Speaker 3: But what's worse shacking up with an artificial and intelligence person or your cousin?
Speaker 5: Second Cousin's quite a.
Speaker 3: Big difference, right, okay, okay to get why are you defending him? So don't you lead me down the Tasmanian route.
Speaker 1: It's my fault, my fault, my fault that every time I mentioned a cousin on this show, that's where you go.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely it is.
Speaker 3: Surely I'm not alone and thinking that hope you are? Yeah, nice, right around it out, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I thought you might like that very I'm not going to look at him the same way now, No, No, that's that was what I just sort.
Speaker 5: Of lobbed it up there in tennis parlance, and you went, I.
Speaker 2: Got it right out of the middle, rocket too. Thank you so much for that. You you built a time machine.
Speaker 4: On this team.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well you've made it to Wednesday. Happy, haven't they? That big thing in front of you. It looks like a big ant hill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, through it, just go straight through it.
Speaker 2: That's that Wednesday hump.
Speaker 5: Just whacking in the guts, as they say, kicking the guys.
Speaker 2: That's straight through. Let's inject you with some knowledge.
Speaker 3: Just take a trip. Let's go back to nineteen eighty two. We're talking twenty first of June. That's when Prince William was born London, England. Today's he's forty first birthday.
Speaker 5: Forty one, Prince William.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently he's got a monster lined up for tonight, Big Nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she wrote the pins will be flowing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like Kate, hold my beer.
Speaker 2: Hold my beer, watch this Yeah, and he just bolts, doesn't want to finish the beer.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like not again, Oh no, this trick will nineteen eighty one, mus little pause there. Nineteen ninety one, David Graham became the first as trying to win the US Open golf title.
Speaker 2: Pop quiz name the other tournaments. David Graham is one.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's one. Another one.
Speaker 2: I don't know who he is.
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety five. Lana de l Ray was born in New York. Today he's her thirty eighth birthday. Summer times madness.
Speaker 5: She looks like she wouldn't be fun at a party. Yeah, pretty morbid.
Speaker 2: She's quite morbid with her lyrics.
Speaker 5: That's much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even summertimes sad. It's when I'm like, let's turn this into a disco version. So she's like, I'm in in that summertime. Still very angry, still quite depressing, and it's got to be two thousand and three. Delta Goodroom spent eight hours one pm to nine pm signing autographs for fans at Melbourne's High Point shopping center.
Speaker 2: And that does not surprise me in the slightest.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's so lovely.
Speaker 2: Gift from the heavens is Delta Goodroom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's good. She's a good girl. Good girl. Deal to good girl.
Speaker 3: Eight hours. Yeah, that's a lot of I won't know how many autographs she actually knocked off.
Speaker 5: I don't know, joking.
Speaker 2: By the end, she was just doing her initials. Yeah, just DJ DJ.
Speaker 3: Twenty threey Kirkabines guitar during Navana's MTV unplug show sells for a record six million dollars.
Speaker 11: The Beans nineteen fifty nine Martin D eighteen year, which was originally purchased by the nerve a singer at Ali's Voltage Guitars, went for a total of just Go for six million dollars at Julian's auction.
Speaker 3: So when I see stats like this, I think, I just wonder how much money could the guys have made had they not smashed up so much of their equipment. So true, like here go, this would be fun for effect. I'm just smash the guitar and the end of the set. Well, if it held onto it sold it, you could have made millions of dollars.
Speaker 5: No, can you You sound like you're middle aged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've just got to be careful and don't be wasteful.
Speaker 3: One someone in June twenty one or nineteen ninety nine, baby one More Time by a.
Speaker 2: Britney spears some of Britney's best. Yes, when you're seen like this, oh babe, baby slight accent.
Speaker 5: Real iconic outfit too. Yeah, who hasn't.
Speaker 2: Gone this is school girl thing?
Speaker 5: Who hasn't gone to a party?
Speaker 1: Dress?
Speaker 3: Brittany?
Speaker 5: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 2: Buying for birthday parties is tough at any age.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you had your birthday yesterday and I just basically gave up. I spoke to your wife and then in the end, I just called you and said, what do you want? Yes, this is causing me grief.
Speaker 2: She brought me a carton of cigarettes smoked.
Speaker 5: You were annoyed.
Speaker 1: You were annoyed because I got you, you know those Alpine ones and you really just want to Winny Blues.
Speaker 5: Sorry, mate, I just I don't know you at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me just knuckle down this. I do not smoke, No, I do now now.
Speaker 1: An aussy mum has divided the internet asking if it's okay to ask for money instead of presents for her daughter's fifth birthday. She took to a Sydney mum's Facebook group to ask this question. My four year old is turning five soon and we are planning a birthday party for her. Is it okay to mention in the invite that we would prefer cash contributions.
Speaker 5: Rather than gifts.
Speaker 1: She said that storage is a bit of a luxury in her two bedroom unit and doesn't really have the space to house more toys.
Speaker 5: Hallelujah, ooh you're for this?
Speaker 1: Oh I just I get so like triggered when my kids have birthdays and they just get so much stuff off and it's so much packaging and it's so much plastic.
Speaker 5: And also, if you afford me the opportunity.
Speaker 1: To hand over ten bucks in cash as opposed to half an hour before the party going off, got to run to kmart, get a card, get a gift bag and get a gift for a child.
Speaker 3: I don't know, okay, but versus what do you think they're building up to what a big mega present or something one big megaph.
Speaker 1: I's wrong with that though, As a kid, wouldn you rather get like one big ticket item like a bike or a surfboard or something like that if everyone chips in.
Speaker 9: Well I don't know.
Speaker 2: If about a surfboard for a five year old.
Speaker 1: Well now I didn't Okay, I haven't drilled down on the specific gift, but if you could get them like one big thing as opposed to all that little crappy.
Speaker 3: Bits, yeah, see, I don't know as well with a five year old minds like they are really into collecting things. There's a real solid hoarding mentality. My almost three year old daughter is walks around with a bucket and it is full of her possessions okay yeah, and takes it to bed every single night.
Speaker 5: What's in the bucket?
Speaker 3: There's little barbies, there's little there's an arrangement of soft toys. Yeah, but it's a it's a quantity over quality thing. Yeah, Okay, they're our daughter, lott. They do like stuff, don't They do like stuff so much? Just collecting things. And also I can't I can't buy a gift for anyone. Yeah, so this might be the actual space where I could nail this. That's true, if I need the opportunity.
Speaker 5: You know how you just said they like to collect stuff.
Speaker 1: My three year old we took her to the beach the other day and anyway, I took her for a drive just to knock her out so she would go to sleep, and then I.
Speaker 5: Picked her up and I put her in bed. She got up ten minutes later.
Speaker 1: Do you know why she had so many shells in her pocket that they had shattered all the side of her poor little body in the bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what happens.
Speaker 5: I like collecting things.
Speaker 3: Probably doesn't it probably doesn't fade away in time. We went at to school a couple of weeks ago, given out handbas Yeah, the kid was like, can I have a handball? I like, mate, there's at least six or seven in your pockets.
Speaker 1: And if there's not six or seven handballs in your pockets, you need to go to your mum and say I need to see a doctor immediately.
Speaker 5: Hey, a bit of breaking news out of the Adelaide Crows.
Speaker 1: Really good news for my daughter, Peyton's little friend who wore a number eight Josh Ras Shelley Badge to Burnside Village when we took a shopping the other day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's signed on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he signed on for an additional few years, so it was already signed on and now he signed on for an extra extension. He's going to be there to at least the end of twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 2: That's a good, solid future for the young man.
Speaker 5: He's only twenty years of age. How imagine being that good at that age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon the Crows they could be lock him away on about a twenty five year deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 2: Absolute stuff coming up tomorrow as well, looking forward to this.
Speaker 3: We've got more Beer and Barbecue Festival tickets to give away Adelai Beer and Barbecue Fest. We'll sell by Beer's Barbecue Music July fourteenth or sixteenth the Adelaid Showground. Get your tickets now from Beer and Barbecue Fest dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Well, we're paying bills at seven o'clock and eight o'clock again tomorrow. Have it on haze if you want to go and see the sold out concert that is Lewis Capaldi.
Speaker 5: Get around it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you can get your mouth around the words when it comes to describing that competition because you've had a shock or so tough.
Speaker 3: Why what's going on?
Speaker 2: Every time every time I try and talk about Lewis Capaldi.
Speaker 5: It's like you're an absolute disaster.
Speaker 1: We've got our much, Bob revealed tomorrow to our Battle of the Bangers.
Speaker 3: You got a song, Yes, so I've locked in a song. It's going to be epic. I'm on the comeback trail too. By the way, what is it? What are we?
Speaker 2: Five three five three?
Speaker 5: It's important.
Speaker 3: Only as good as your last battle, That's what they say.
Speaker 5: Mine's going to be tough to beat.
Speaker 2: Watch your space. O Nov's pay bills as well.
Speaker 3: Hang out with the c's paying bills all day on over, Enjoy Wednesday, good stuff, take it away,