Speaker 1: This podcast is recorded on Gadigal land. Always was, always will be Aboriginal land. Hey chicks, I'm Al.
Speaker 2: And I'm Sal.
Speaker 1: And this is Two Broke Chicks, the show that shares life lessons and tips to help make you rich in life. And today it is spring. Welcome back, baby girl.
Speaker 2: Hot chick spring checklist.
Speaker 1: Exactly. We do these, I think we've been doing these for like three years now. It's a long day. And basically at the start of every season, we basically give you a 90-day curriculum of things to do, trends that are coming, new product launches, bada bing, bada boom. So these are my favorite to record. I love a 90-day reset. I love spring. It's always the vibe. But before we get into it, we have to start with our obsessions of the week. And this week's obsession is brought to you by Dove and their Intensive Repair Ceramide Masque.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you can get the mask backed by 10 years of research, which love that. And it's about kind of adding in hydration, smoothness, shine, fullness back into your hair by focusing on like the protein of your hair, which love that you leave it on for three to five minutes and then rinse. So perfect for an everything shower, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah and love that it's not like a whole extra step that takes a really long time really easy to add into the routine.
Speaker 1: Exactly so it's formulated with glutamic amino serum and patented bioprotein care technology which is backed by the 10 years of research to help kind of re-strengthen and revitalize your hair.
Speaker 2: Love it working on it in the lab yeah science We've seen your feedback. We know you've been sharing all of your thoughts on Dove's new hair mask.
Speaker 1: And now we get to unpack them all. So we've been reading out a couple reviews here and there of the mask. I've got some more. Number one, great value hair mask. I'm impressed with Dove. Absolutely love the product. It has left my hair soft, smooth, and silky after every use. Would 1000% recommend it.
Speaker 2: Love that. Seriously.
Speaker 1: Another one said, I've only used the Dove Intensive Repair and Ceramide Mask once, but I'm already impressed. My hair feels notably smoother, softer, and healthier, and it has the lovely silky feeling without being weighed down.
Speaker 2: This one says, this Dove Mask makes my hair so silky. Absolutely love.
Speaker 1: And another chick wrote, oh my God, everyone's been telling me to try this Dove mask. I'm definitely going to give it a go now.
Speaker 2: We genuinely love seeing everybody's different experiences and the excitement to try.
Speaker 1: Dove has changed everything. I use it so much. Best product ever.
Speaker 2: They do say change is a good thing.
Speaker 1: And then we've got this one. I'm obsessed with this hair mask. It's the only one that reduced my frizz and left my hair feeling so soft. I use it all the time. Thank you, Dove.
Speaker 2: See, I love this. Everyone notices something different.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly why Dove wants honest reviews. I love that from them. Cute.
Speaker 2: I love that. Positive affirmations from the chickies. Exactly.
Speaker 1: Because that's the whole point. Real reviews from real people.
Speaker 2: So if you haven't tried the Dove Intensive Repair Hair Mask yet, give it a go.
Speaker 1: And join the conversation with your honest thoughts on our TikTok.
Speaker 2: All right. My obsession of the week is actually a new favorite pair of jeans.
Speaker 1: Your cute jeans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from Target.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 2: I know, right? So recently I got the horseshoe leg jeans from Target in like a chalky brown. I'm actually wearing them right now if you're watching this episode on YouTube. but they're 100% cotton and only $ 50.
Speaker 1: It's actually wild how hard it is to find a pair of jeans for 50 bucks.
Speaker 2: I know, especially ones with like a fabrication like that because I do personally like 100% cotton because I don't really like jeans that have too much stretch in them. I actually like them to have a little bit more of that rigid but soft feeling. And that's like 10 out of 10 what these jeans do. And at first I was like, what is a horseshoe jean? For anybody who doesn't know, basically.
Speaker 1: I'm really picturing the shape of a horseshoe jean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. It's kind of like a more exaggerated baggy version of a barrel jean. So a barrel jean is like a little bit more tapered, whereas a horseshoe is a little bit more baggy, which I actually like. I feel like it really gives that 90s jeans look. Yeah. And they do have them in a bunch of colours as well. But I really like the chalky brown because I pretty much only wear blue and black jeans. So I feel like it's added something nice to the wardrobe.
Speaker 1: Would you say they're short girl friendly?
Speaker 2: Not really. I feel like they look okay. They look all right, but they're definitely, they still go under my shoes. We posted this on TikTok the other day. I tried the cotton on petite jeans and they were still too long for me. So I think I'm just exceptionally short, even in the petite world.
Speaker 1: I don't know. The average height is like 5'3. Yeah. And you're only five foot. So it's like, it's not that far off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We've had this rant on the show before. Why are pants so long? And why are skits so short?
Speaker 2: I know. Dresses and skirts are so short.
Speaker 1: Can we just like meet in the middle?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Please?
Speaker 1: I'm becoming my own mum.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, on that note, shall we get into the hot chick spring checklist?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So we start all of these episodes with a bit of a forecast, the forecast of spring, if you will. So we kind of discuss, you know, the trending fashion, beauty items that are coming out, all that fun stuff. As always with trends, you don't have to follow it like Bible. It is not like, all right, everyone go run out the door and buy every single one of these. It's more, it's just a fun to discuss vibe. And, you know, sometimes trends will really align with who you are. And sometimes you'll be like, I'm okay to let that one go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And a lot of the time as well with the trends that we usually highlight in these episodes, There's elements of them that you can actually pull from, from pieces that you already own, which we always encourage as well. Play within your own wardrobe.
Speaker 1: Exactly. All right. So our first fashion trend for spring is one that sounds really aligned to me personally, and it's granny core.
Speaker 2: Granny core is so bad.
Speaker 1: Granny core is so bad. Grand, grand. So in the past, we've seen things like cottagecore, coquette and pastels that have very much been a hallmark for spring. Florals for spring. Groundbreaking. Groundbreaking. Now a new bombshell has entered the villa and she's stolen her entire fit from her grandma's closet.
Speaker 2: Slay.
Speaker 1: Did you ever go to like your nan or your grandma or your nuna and be like, can I look at your clothes? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Always like playing with the jewellery especially.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yeah. My mum doesn't know where my nuna's jewellery is. She's like, I don't know and she won't tell me. Oh. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think that she's got it somewhere for safekeeping?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got it stashed somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But essentially, grannycore is on the rise this spring. It's taking off and it's things like, you know, silk scarves tied under the chin, midi skirts, chunky cardigans, flowy floral dresses that look like your nana's nightgown. And I was reading through this and I was like, I own a lot.
Speaker 2: Of this already. That's what I made.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, am I granny?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know who I fuck with?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Granny from Little Red Riding Hood.
Speaker 2: Was that the movie?
Speaker 1: The one that, like, doesn't die. The one that's, like, um.
Speaker 2: Hoodwinked? Is that what you're talking about? Yes. Yes. I haven't watched it properly.
Speaker 1: Oh, we tried to watch it.
Speaker 2: It's not for me, I don't think. No!
Speaker 1: I love Hoodwinked. It's such a fever dream of a movie.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of those you had to be there and I wasn't there. Justice for Hoodwinked.
Speaker 1: Sorry. It's so good. We, like, tried to watch it but we ended up, like, going out. And there's, like, the voice cast in it. It is so good. Anyway, the granny in it is like some like adrenaline junkie that's like.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love her. I don't like the one where the granny actually dies in Red Riding Hood.
Speaker 2: No, it's a bit grim.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Brother's grim. I was like, you don't know what you did yet.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you did yet.
Speaker 1: Same person.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Granny dresses have also appeared on the runway and in shows. It's appeared at Chloe, Victoria Beckham, and Simone Rocha. But it showed up in a lot of spring, summer 2026 collections showcasing in July. And it's a move towards dressing a bit older. And part of the reason why we could be seeing this trend is less to do with how we look and more to do with how we want our clothes to feel. And that's the part of this that I very much more subscribe to.
Speaker 2: And....
Speaker 1: I very much, like when I was younger, I think I said that about 17 times an episode, but now I like, if something's making me uncomfortable, if an outfit, if a dress, if a shoe is uncomfortable, it.
Speaker 2: Just doesn't get worn. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? And like half the time, I think when, you know, we have this obsession with, you know, sizes and being, you know, a certain size, I would have that obsession. I would be like, no, I want, like, it has to be that size has to be a specific size because I've you know, didn't want it to be a different size, but it, it actually has nothing to do with like clothes sizes have nothing to do with how it looks on your body, but it's how it feels on your body.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like, now I'm always like, like two sizes up, please. Because if anything is actually tight and touching on my body, I want to crawl out of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to feel any sort of fabric on my body at any time. And I think that's kind of what the granny core embraces.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lots of flowing silhouettes and– but still having fun. I also really like that too because I think a lot of people as well associate, you know, like your 20s with the time when you have fun with fashion and then once you turn 30 you get thrown out to the pastures and you just have to wear boring drab clothes. And it's like, no, you don't. There's lots of funky nannas walking around wearing like the best outfits.
Speaker 1: Oh my God. If not funkier than I've ever been.
Speaker 2: 1000%. That's what I aspire to be.
Speaker 1: Exactly. I think what I like about this is the fact that it's up and coming for spring because normally we see, you know, cozy comfort, comfy vibes in more of the cooler months. Whereas this one is more like, no, no, we can be cozy and comfy in summer and spring too. Like it's, We don't have to be, it doesn't have to be hot girl summer. It can be granny core spring. Yeah. You know, let's slip that on its head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: So some of the granny core items we're seeing the most are bandanas. Searches for them on Depop have soared by 152% in the last three months. And they were heavily featured in Copenhagen Fashion Week. Yeah. We're also seeing the granny skirt.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So this is characterized by its calf-skimming cut. This is a skirt that leans into the awkwardness of, like, granny couture. This one I love.
Speaker 2: Couture.
Speaker 1: Like I said.
Speaker 2: Couture.
Speaker 1: I am who I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Art teacher jewelry. I love this. Yes, I knew you would. Statement pieces with lots of personality. Louder pieces have featured on the autumn and winter catwalks from Chanel, Chloe, and Saint Laurent.
Speaker 2: I really see that for you. 1,000%.
Speaker 1: I could see you being an arts teacher.
Speaker 2: I don't think I have the patience to be a teacher, but, yeah, I would love that. I'm just imagining the crazy art teacher from Billy Madison. I don't know if you've seen that. He, like, walks into the lunchroom and she's eating paste and, like, dancing around. What a vibe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Into it.
Speaker 2: Always admired her.
Speaker 1: Who I want to be when I grow up.
Speaker 2: I see my future and it is bright.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Lace 90s. So 90s dresses have been worn by celebs like Kaya Gerber, Olivia Rodrigo and Bella Hadid. They look best when, you know, contrasted with something a little bit more rough like denim or leather or like biker boots.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then last but not least, oversized denim, crochet scarves and orthopedic shoes are also part of this trend.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Orthopedic shoes. Honestly. Bring them back.
Speaker 1: I had to get like orthotics when I was like a teenager or something because you like roll your foot in or you roll your foot out and you have to... And I think they, like, specifically make them to, like, the degree of how much you roll your foot.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: But I would always lose them. All right, our next spring trend.
Speaker 2: Okay, our next spring trend. I feel like every season there's a new trending colour, which.
Speaker 1: Especially pastel. Of late, yeah.
Speaker 2: For the last, like, 18 months, I feel like the new It Girl every season has made a different pastel. And this year's trending colour is dusty pink.
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, we'll get into it. Previously we'd seen butter yellow was like the biggest trending color of the last year or so. And she's still kicking.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 2: She is. And that's the thing. Like we've seen her being described her. It is a girl.
Speaker 1: It's Kate Hudson in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. That is butter yellow. Butter yellow is Kate Hudson. Kate Hudson is butter yellow.
Speaker 2: Exactly. But we've seen it kind of have a few different iterations like butter yellow, buttercream yellow. Sorbet Yellow is a new version that we've seen. So yeah, I don't think that it's going anywhere. Same with Pastel Blue. I think it's still very popular. But yeah, apparently Dusty Pink is on the rise. So It's a pink shade, obviously, that's similar to like a blush or a powder pink, but it's often referred to as the shade of discreet luxury.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Very, very interesting. But I think it can be quite versatile because it's soft enough to be used as a neutral or you can use it as a pop of color, which I do think is fun. And also because pink had a huge moment like two or three years ago with Barbie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I think even again when the Legally Blonde reboot came out, we were seeing lots of, like, articles and stuff about, like, pink is so back. So I don't think that pink has actually left us truly.
Speaker 1: Pink will never leave. Yeah. But I'm more like a magenta. Like I love like a bright pink.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. But I think that the dusty pink is good for people who maybe don't really want to play in like super vibrant colours and prefer something that is a little bit more like muted and subdued, especially for spring. Yeah. I think it's fun. But, yeah, I personally do love like a fuchsia myself. Same.
Speaker 1: But also like I remember two years ago when we were like Buddy Yellow was coming and we were like, no, boo.
Speaker 2: I will say– I don't own anything and I still have it. I just don't think it's for my color palette.
Speaker 1: But I like it. Like I think it looks really lovely on people. I think it's really pretty. Whereas like I was like, no, don't open the door. Yeah. And then I'm like, no, it actually looks really cute. Yeah. So I think that's the thing with these. It's like how do people take it? Like obviously because trends are a pendulum, like how do people take something from the past and they modernize it with, you know, pairing it with browns or like bright reds and, Or that vibe. Like I do love a baby pink paired with a bright red. Yeah, that's always cute. Or a, you know, chalky brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah no that's so true dusty pink does pair really well with lots of other colors like we were saying like white cream beige gray camel and navy so it is something that you would be able to work in with probably a lot of the neutrals in your wardrobe which i do think is always a good thing whereas if there's like a color that you're like i don't know how this will work with everything else i own that's kind of the thing that you have to think about if you want to start like incorporating new colors because there's nothing worse than when you buy like a shirt and then you're like This doesn't go with literally anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, how do I style it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And then some honorable mentions, we also have check print. So gingham tartan plaid have extremely been popular this winter, but this is kind of like a softer, more natural progression of those patterns. And we'll probably be seeing like finer lines with softer colors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gingham is very cute for spring. It's giving a picnic blanket.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And then also jackets. I mean, in Australia, like it's probably not going to warm up for another couple of weeks or months. So we're still going to be layering up. And Australian Fashion Week showed us that the jacket has become the main feature of the outfit. I think we've subscribed to that. Our whole lives. Absolutely. Our jacket collections are crazy. Our wardrobes are 90% jacket. 1,000%. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Blue jeans and a jacket. Yeah. You know that sound? It's like red trainers, white jeans.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 1: We're like cool jacket, blue jeans. That's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally. And we've been seeing silhouettes like the final jacket in winter being really popular. But with the warmer weather, we can scale it back a little bit. So I think we'll be seeing more structured blazers. relaxed linen jackets that are a little bit more breathable and also like neutral toned and some more soft textured outerwear that's good to just like chuck on in the afternoon when it starts to get a little bit.
Speaker 1: Cooler yeah i have seen nothing to support this claim this is just a gut prediction but i think we're gonna see soon the rise of the like shoulder scarf You know, in like the 90s and the 2000s when they'd be going to prom and they'd have like the scarf around their arms and like around their shoulders. Yeah, the shawl.
Speaker 2: The shawl, that's the.
Speaker 1: Word I'm looking for. Thank you. I reckon that's going to, I haven't really seen it that much. I've been seeing a little bit here and there. I reckon that's going to be the new chutzpah.
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah, I think that makes sense because we are just seeing scarves and those types of accessories, whether it's like, Neck scars, head scars, scars tied around the waist. Like we're really into the scarf. And I think they do look very chic.
Speaker 1: Oh, pretty good. All right. Moving on to beauty and skincare. So wearable maximalism. So this aesthetic features all of the color and all of the expression that we kind of associate with spring. I think you either sit like, Like on the spectrum, it's like you're like clean girl, no makeup. And I really hate that term. But like no makeup, makeup, which is a slay. But we are seeing the rise of a lot more expression with makeup thanks to the queen that is, is Zara Larsson. So think like bold colors, experimental looks, and theatrics for every day. We've seen Marc Jacobs Beauty. This has just relaunched in Australia. It's relaunching in September this month. And one, that's so exciting. We went to the Sephora showcase and we saw a bunch of brands. And the one thing that was really, really present across all the brands was how many were launching bright colors.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like bright color blushes, bright color lipsticks, palettes, and like eyeliner mascara that like Marc Jacobs has relaunched their beauty brand. And in this core lineup that, like, I'm sure there's going to be more to come, but they've included this electric blue eyeliner and electric blue mascara, which you wouldn't expect from a base line. launch of a beauty brand, but it goes to show how much we're looking towards experimentation and rebelling against this idea of clean, neutral, and maybe unassuming beauty standards that we've kind of been pushed towards. Like I do think We've had this era of, you know, the trad wife, a little bit more conservative, lower hemlines, more like less loud makeup looks. Whereas now we're like, no, fuck that.
Speaker 2: It's time to have fun again.
Speaker 1: It's time to have fun again. And it's spring. We got a spring sprung.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And the thing that I liked about that collection and what we saw was yesterday as well is that yes there were some of those things that were like the magenta and blue mascaras and eyeliners which for some people might be a little bit like whoa but they also had some really beautiful shimmer like shimmer eyeshadows that are meant to be paired with like a nude or a neutral eye so that you can start playing and start experimenting a little bit um because it's I think that's the thing as well it can be a bit intimidating playing with a lot of color um but yeah I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: And what I liked about it is that it's like individual pieces like the eyeshadow was like individual colors you don't have to buy a $ 100 palette that has one color that you're going to use because we've also said you know In the past we need like how many times have we bought an eyeshadow palette because we're like, ooh, that blue is really pretty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then you use it maybe like once every three months and if that and all the other colours.
Speaker 2: You're like, well, they go to waste.
Speaker 1: See ya.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whereas these ones you can like pick obviously the individual shades that you like and will actually use.
Speaker 1: And then once you maybe get into the habit of experimenting more, then you're like, okay, yeah, cool, I want to get a colourful palette.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in terms of beauty trends that we're seeing for spring, we're definitely seeing, like we said, lots of blue. Nails, we're seeing more bright and patterned nails that are coming back. We did really have this trend and error of like bare nails, which I think was more of a reflection of Cosy Lives as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lip decoration and, of course, coloured mascara. So I think it's more like a reminder of you don't have to follow these trends, but maybe spring is like, have you heard of shower make-up? Oh, yeah. Yeah. So shower makeup is this thing that I've never heard of before, but I saw it on the internet as I do with all things. And it's like playing around with your makeup and doing your makeup before you have a shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I used to do that in COVID all the time. Did you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: And I'd be like when, you know, there was nothing really to do except like you could still go to the library. Like I'd go and pick up books from the library and I'd do like a full magenta pink eyeshadow and like walk to the library. Yeah. Yeah. That's so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was just like, well. What else am I going to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I'd maybe go home, like take a couple of pics to post nowhere just for fun and then go have a shower and take it off.
Speaker 1: That's what I used to do like when I was younger. Like I would just do full YouTube tutorials at home. I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm 14.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But like, it's so fun. So yeah, shower, makeup in spring, play around. And then when you're going out, throw it a little bit here and there. But we actually have a really good episode with a makeup artist coming out on Thursday, just after this episode, about how to have more fun with your colorful makeup looks. So stay tuned for that.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, stay tuned. Okay, next up on the beauty agenda, we want to talk through some You Smell Nice spring perfumes.
Speaker 1: Hit me. Yeah. I want to do like, a series that we just do like fragrance Fridays. And we just talk about a new fragrance every Friday because I love perfumes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There are certain.
Speaker 1: Categories that everyone has that it's like, I can't have enough of it. I love to smell perfumes. I love it. I know some people aren't a big fragrance people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's not for everybody.
Speaker 1: Because, you know, some people are more sensitive to smell, but I love them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So tell me. Yeah, and I do also think that fragrance used to be thought of as like, you know, kind of like a last minute cherry on top. But now I really do think that it is part of your outfit.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And part of who you are.
Speaker 1: I'm not ready for the day. If I haven't sprayed perfume on myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I probably remember to spray perfume on myself more than I remember to put deodorant on. Yeah. Priorities. I know. I know that's not good.
Speaker 2: No, that's fine. That's fine. You know your strengths. But spring and summer as well is like a really fun time to play with fragrances because we're leaning into some of those more like fresh and floral and fruity scents which are really, really beautiful and we can associate with summer. I also do think that it's really fun to change your scents throughout the year because we tie so much of our memory and nostalgia to smell. So if you have a perfume and you're like, this is my spring and summer perfume.
Speaker 1: That it was the summer of 69. Yeah. Yeah, I agree with that. Yeah. I think there's definitely like fragrances that maybe weren't like seasonal, like I don't tie it to myself seasonally but I know... Where I was in my life.
Speaker 2: The era.
Speaker 1: The era when I used that fragrance.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. 1000%. Yeah. So I've got a couple of recs. Okay. Stunning. First one is Rare Beauty Beginnings. So this is the new fragrance from Selena Gomez's brand, but it sounds perfect for spring. It's got pear, gardenia, and jasmine. Jasmine is my absolute favorite scent of all time. Really? Yeah. It's my favorite flower, my favorite scent, and it's instantly springy. as soon as I smell Jasmine. So I feel like that's perfect. Gucci Flora Orchid. Also the whole Gucci Flora range is perfect for spring.
Speaker 1: Is that your favorite, favorite fragrance?
Speaker 2: No, my favorite fragrance is Chanel Chance. Yes. But I do.
Speaker 1: But the Gucci Flora was pretty close to that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love all the, all the Gucci perfumes are amazing, but This one in particular, as you might have guessed from the name, has a lot of those orchid notes. So it's got vanilla orchid and also something called ozonic accord, which basically smells like fresh air after a rainstorm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh. Which, like, how many times have we probably been, like, bottled that smell? Oh.
Speaker 1: What a, yeah.
Speaker 2: And like a spring shower, that's one of the best parts of spring, like a beautiful hot day and then a spring shower in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 2: In a perfume.
Speaker 1: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: Yes, please.
Speaker 1: Sold.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Marc Jacobs again, the Marc Jacobs Daisy Wild. So I do love all of the Marc Jacobs Daisy perfumes. Like they're a classic for a reason. I feel like most of us have been wearing them on and off since high school, but this Daisy Wild one is actually like a chocolatey floral scent. And it has creamy banana, juicy pear. Pear's trending, clearly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mixed with vanilla and amber. So I feel like that is more of a like kind of gourmand floral dessert.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Which I think is fun. It kind of combines like a lot of those different elements. And then finally, Sabrina Carpenter Lemon Pie. Okay. which again, I was like, this just sounds like a delicious little spring dessert.
Speaker 1: All of her fragrances are like a sweet treat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. They're the sweet traits of the perfume world. It has candied lemon, sugar, bergamot, meringue, limoncello, graham crackers, vanilla, and tonka beans. It sounds like a recipe to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also the packaging is cute as fuck.
Speaker 1: So cute.
Speaker 2: It's a little yellow chocolate bar. So even having that like displayed out on your nightstand is like a cutie little piece of decor as well.
Speaker 1: I love these.
Speaker 2: Cute.
Speaker 1: Into it. Love it. Moving into more of our lifestyle curriculum for spring. I hope you haven't heard of this yet because I'm excited to talk to you about it. Yeah. But... I think star signs are out and life path numbers are in. Hold up. Have you heard of life path numbers?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, I'm going to start with a disclaimer. This is just a fruity, frivolous, and fun thing to do for 90 days. It's not Bible. Take it or leave it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So a life path number is a core numerology figure calculated from your birth date that reveals your life, purpose, personality traits and major challenges. It acts like a sun sign in astrology to show you how you process the world. Okay. So I'm very excited. I've worked out both of ours.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you write down your complete birth date, including the month, day and year, and you add all of the individual days together or digits together. So you add the month, the day, the year all together. So if your birthday was the 19th of the 4th, 1996, you go one plus nine, plus zero, plus four, plus one, plus nine, plus nine, plus six. Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's the individual digits.
Speaker 1: Individual numbers. Yeah. So you've got to get it to a singular digit. So for me, that was equals 39. So then I go three plus nine equals 12, one plus two equals three. So my life path is number three.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So number three is the communicator and the creative.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So three is associated with creativity, communication, charisma, self-expression, and storytelling.
Speaker 2: That is so fucking weird. What the hell?
Speaker 1: I know. I know. I'm scared. I know.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: So it's often described as the life path of people who are here to make ideas entertaining, emotionally resonant, or culturally interesting. What?
Speaker 2: The fuck?
Speaker 1: I'm going to get a big head after this.
Speaker 2: This is not right. Like, how is that so accurate?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. That's actually really kind of you. Typical three traits include being naturally expressive, witty, socially perceptive, imaginative, and good at turning observations into stories.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 1: There can also be a strong desire to create a life that feels interesting rather than simply conventionally successful. However, there's a shadow side.
Speaker 2: Ooh, scary.
Speaker 1: So they can have.
Speaker 2: She comes out after 11pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't feed her, she'll eat your arm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't feed her rosés after midnight.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, do feed me rosés after midnight. So they can have scattered energy, starting more than you can finish... Sensitivity to criticism, overthinking how you're perceived and using humor and lightness to dodge uncomfortable feelings. I was like, this is way too accurate.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God. I know.
Speaker 1: So I was like, sorry, star signs, you're out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, although Aries is still incredibly accurate for you.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. So your life path, would you like to know?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Your life path is number eight.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay. Interesting.
Speaker 1: So eight is associated with ambition, authority, and achievement. So it's very much how to learn how to wield power and build something substantial. Okay. So eight is driven, naturally good at seeing how to make things happen, drawn to achievement, independence, and influence. Comfortable taking charge, motivated by tangible results rather than just ideas.
Speaker 2: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 1: Hold on. Who's your shadow self? Other people who are a life path eight.
Speaker 2: Martha Stewart. Okay.
Speaker 1: Sandra Bullock. All right.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Robin Williams.
Speaker 1: The best. RuPaul.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah. I'm on board now.
Speaker 1: Okay. You're on board now. Nap. Yep. So number eight isn't necessarily a business person energy. It's more about resilience and turning talent into something successful.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like yours is really spot on. I don't know about mine.
Speaker 1: How you feel about yours, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I can see parts of it for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, we could probably dive in deeper to it, but I feel like that's always the way with these things. It's like, hmm, that one doesn't apply. Let me go in deeper. Be like, oh, yes, that is sure.
Speaker 2: Massage it to the point that it does.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it made me think though. I was like, you know, your seasons are only 90 days. Right? So it's more like, what can you embody for 90 days and see what happens? Like, I love a little bit of an experiment.
Speaker 2: The next step on our hot chick spring checklist is embracing French Sundays.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Which sounds like a dessert, but it's not.
Speaker 1: It does!
Speaker 2: So springtime is often viewed as a time of productivity, which definitely can be true. Sun's out, let's grab the bull by the horns, take advantage of the longer days. But it can also be really rough to come out of the hibernation of winter and, like, those slow winter days and then go full throttle, like, you know, hit the pavement running in spring. So that's why we're going to embrace the French Sunday. So in France, the end of the week is reserved for rest and reflection, almost surrendering to a very deliberate and intentional slowness, which I think that a lot of people... used to embrace on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but then we've seen this like, you know, rise of the Sunday reset, which is very much like chores, chores, chores, chores.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Like Sunday is now our admin day where we have to do like all of the life admin. And I think that's why we, a lot of the time get the Sunday scaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because we haven't actually given ourselves a chance to relax and reset. And the French take this Sunday mindset very seriously. They even have sayings that enforce that Sunday is the day of rest. So one quote, I'm not going to say in French, I'll butcher that. But in English, the quote is, may your Sunday be filled with grace, peace and blessings. So adopting this French Sunday can help us kind of battle those Sunday scaries, spending that day before a new work week, doing things that you actually love and prioritizing things that make you feel like relaxed and reset. So yeah, a little quick to-do list to adopt the French Sunday, turn off your alarm clock, cancel hectic plans and do what you actually just feel like doing. Focus on those simple but purposeful pleasures, whether it's like walking without a destination, going to your favorite cafe to grab a coffee, journaling, putting your phone on do not disturb. Let's embrace the French Sundays in spring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the French Sunday in what you're describing to me is very much like embracing being a little bit unavailable more. You know, as like things get warmer, I think our social calendar starts to fill up a little bit more and we make ourselves a little bit more available. Whereas like maybe keep your Sunday's as your O-O-O day, your out-of-office day, but like for life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Do not disturb Sundays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out of office, sorry, can't come, busy Frenching my Sunday. French kiss your Sunday.
Speaker 2: French kiss your Sunday.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to say that this whole time, you know. Okay, and our last but not least tip, probably our most important one to finish on a high, is to organize your queue for spending. So spring is sale event season. We have basically all of the huge sale events coming. And by that, I mean Black Friday.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yep.
Speaker 1: Last year, it essentially went for 30 days. And this year, I will not be surprised if it does the same. Once spring ends, we're straight into Christmas. So if you haven't started thinking about your budget or saving by then, it's basically too late. So in order to save and organize yourself, for spring and Black Friday and Christmas, we're going to start now in September because that's who I am as a person.
Speaker 2: Organized queens.
Speaker 1: Yes. So we're going to start thinking of Christmas presents, what we want to buy for people for Christmas. We're going to start thinking about what we need to buy during Black Friday. Are there things in your wardrobe you need to update? Is there homewares or appliances that you're like, you know what, that fridge is on its last leg and she needs to go. What are the things that you need to buy during the end of the year? Because this is really when most people save money up to buy their big items yeah so i have a little cheat sheet for how to save x amount by the 25th of december hit me so if you want to save a thousand dollars you need to put away so this is more of a rough guide to get around the number just because it was easier than going into the cents yeah right so to save a thousand dollars by christmas you need to put away nine dollars a day But for $ 2, 000 by Christmas, you need to save $ 17 a day. And to save $ 5, 000 by Christmas, you need to save $ 43 a day. So I do think whatever your budget is, you can actually kind of look on your spending and see where maybe that ghost spending is still happening. Like what is the subscription that you're paying for? Go into your app store on your phone, your settings, and see what subscription you have.
Speaker 2: No idea.
Speaker 1: Which camera app that is that you're paying $ 8 a week for and you're like, oh.
Speaker 2: I don't even use it anymore. I don't even use it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, look at the things that I'm not saying you need to pull. I'm not saying you need to save more when you're already like, I'm barely trying to get through the week. It's like, what are you spending on now that you actually don't prioritize as much as having the amount that you need to spend towards the end of the year?
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I like that because I think that saving $ 1, 000, $ 2, 000 or $ 5, 000 sounds like a really big goal. And it definitely is. But when you break it down day by day like that, I think so many of us would be unknowingly spending, what was it? $ 9, $ 17 just on by the time we walk out the door.
Speaker 1: 1000%. And you can even walk that lower too. Like if you want, you can make it $ 500, $ 700, like whatever suits your circumstances. But I do really encourage you to try and set up some kind of automatic transfer to your savings so that you do have that wind. at the end of the year, that you do have that little nest egg because there are so many of us that get to the end of the year and it is so stressful. There's so much pressure on Christmas shopping and spending and there's a million Black Friday sales and you're like.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: That with this structure as well, you give yourself a hard budget. You're like, this is what I've put away. That's what I'm going to spend. And you can kind of coordinate your wish list in accordance with that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah. I like that.
Speaker 1: That is a wrap for our Hot Chick Spring Checklist. Wow.
Speaker 2: We'll see you in summer. See you in summer.
Speaker 1: We're going to be like, how is it summer already?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can't wait. Locked in.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Thanks for having us in Earholes Chicks. We love to be here. Bye.
Speaker 1: Bye.