Speaker 1: You're on the air with Jason Lauren clint here too.
Speaker 2: I feel prices and economic uncertain his braced for another spike in petrol prices.
Speaker 1: If you will give me bargum that was at fuel prices are going up? Yes they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's signs of panic buying already. Fuel prices are on the rise. Bunnings, for instance, has reported a spike in jerry can sales as.
Speaker 3: People are stocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are stockpiling. We know the crude oil price globally is through the roof at the moment.
Speaker 3: Are we talking like how much has it already gone on?
Speaker 2: Well, it's about one hundred and sixteen dollars a barrel at the moment, I'm told, And that's gonna sort of slowly but surely make its way through to the bowser.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to a finance expert. Tim Lester from Channel seven joined this so on the air.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hei, gosh, how are you have you stop? You?
Speaker 1: Should we be? I was going to say, you stockpiled? Should we be stockpiling?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: The government says no. The government says applies have not yet been effected. Calm down, and I think they're right. Provided the middle East conflict doesn't go on for too long. Now. The US president today, Donald Trump, is saying it'll wrap up quickly. We're nearing achieving the emission the missions we need to achieve over there. It'll be fine. The market started to think yesterday that it wasn't far and it was going to be a drawn out conflict, and so the sheer market the floor fell out of it and it basically trimmed tens of billions of dollars. But that confidence appears to have come back a bit with some of those comments and the president overnight. So provided the war in the Middle East is reasonably short, we may not notice it long term in terms of fuel. If it hangs on, then it's a problem.
Speaker 3: So people don't need to panic now. Because we're in Melbourne. I know that there's been scenes of people lining up to try and get their fuel tanks filled this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's understandable. And if you go to some particularly some regional fuel stations, you'll find they actually are having troubles because they're not being supplied under major contracts like the bigger networks of fuel stations but to get in the cities. But for now, the cities are in pretty good shape. And that's and it's likely to stay that way for at least in the shorter terms, So you need to absolutely fill up to day No no.
Speaker 2: Albo's just front of a media conference in Canberra where he tells the strains we've got thirty five days of fuel reserves as well. The issue with this tim is that am I right in saying that it's all a vicious cycle, because you know inflation would then start to climb and that'll not only make people's petrol more expensive, but people's groceries and the like.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, the problem is farmers put diesel in their tractors to get the crops in transport companies put diesel in their trucks to take all the groceries to coals and woollies and aldi. The fuel is right through our economy, so it doesn't just affect what we do when we go to the petrol station. It's going to turn up in the price of bananas. Yeah, and there's certainly a one forecast this morning saying inflation could go to five percent. Well, if that's right, then interest rates will go up on our mortgage and and we'll be paying for it in all kinds of ways.
Speaker 2: Thanks the good news. Appreciate security editor, really appreciate Tim.
Speaker 4: Cheery, Yeah, very cheery.
Speaker 2: Love you work.
Speaker 1: Got to tell you what we do have Free fuel to go this morning. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Thanks you our mates at Shell shell Ready Express, you scan pump save to save money and time when you fill up.
Speaker 3: How good. Let's give some people some fuel, shall we. Let's go Lauren and danding on Good morning, Good morning. Petrol's on us this week.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys, the best.
Speaker 2: Worry You're the best, so are you. Leanne in Dingley, Hello, thank you.
Speaker 1: My husband has a land cruise and we towed the caravan on the weekend. So expensive that caravan ate.
Speaker 3: Maybe there you go, Petrols on.
Speaker 2: Us free fuel, free fuel Tuesdays. It was we used to do on the Today Show, Free fuel Friday. It was always hard to say free once.
Speaker 3: I did that on the Stat Show. And then maybe get in the car with people lined up, I'm playing for you fuel. It was the weirdest thing. You just I don't want to get in your cart and you don't want me in your car.
Speaker 1: Also, they say use your phone new the bowser and there you are your microphone and TV. Hello, here's your free football.
Speaker 3: See from Mars bar. Can you leave me alone? Mike can't buy that, you know what.
Speaker 1: That's the only downside, you know how, saying there's a Petro station down the rod from us where they fill it up for you. It's one of those little independent.
Speaker 2: Ones, no snacks, so you can't ask for it.
Speaker 1: There's nothing else.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you'll detour and finds another one. You find already express somewhere. It is travel upon your Mars bar.
Speaker 1: Four to nine. This is Nova and we've got free field to go all this week.
Speaker 3: Lauren Lauren wake out feeling good following them on the socials