Speaker 1: You know things are getting serious in Super Coach and the Phantoms Lair when the big names have finally showed up to pre season. They've been given for summer off, but they are here and we are here back in the Lair for the twenty twenty five Predictions show. We have look at super Coach and the big names, the big numbers, long nam what we expect in twenty twenty five. That, of course, is the big name that I am talking about. Matt Turner, the hipster, the fan favorite. They've been calling for him on our social platforms. He's finally back, Hipster, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me a man.
Speaker 1: A few words to start the show. Long time listens will know that might not continue, but of course fine. The Phantoms Lair super Coach podcast part of the official Super Coach AFL podcast on app full, Spotify and of course the Code Sports YouTube channel. You can see the Hipster in the flesh if you're listening now, get on there and check it out. Not quite a big name, but a few names, five names, Sime and Kingsley. Thomas Wilson back in the Lair. We've seen him, heard from him a little bit this summer, but welcome to you.
Speaker 3: Thank you foram That was a bit of a rough introduction, but only only up from here.
Speaker 1: You have a bit of a phone bone to pick as well with our man the Hips still get to that a little bit later, so should be some entertaining listening and viewing, of course if you are on Code Sports YouTube.
Speaker 2: Now the man that makes it all happen.
Speaker 1: He's had a rough start to his time in Supercoach, but he's been big. He's burning up the track, as we like to say, Phantom junr DOSSI, Yes, hello.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for welcoming me back. I'm allowed to be called Phantom Junior still, I think so you've had a good summer. I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of talking a big game as well as you breakout. But breaking out it's one of the big questions today. What else are we talking about on the Predictions Show. You wanted to line us up, You want us to put ourselves out there so we can maybe look back and see what some of us got wrong. Some of us might get a few things right where we start.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we've got a bunch of categories here. We're just going to go through. Get these twenty twenty five predictions for the Super Coach season, because it's always going to be fun looking back at this show. So I think, you know, get that show done nice and early, so we can look back and pretty much laugh at each other later at the end of the season. We'll obviously recap some of this at the end, so it'd be fun to look.
Speaker 3: Back, Hipster, we picked a team, yet, I have picked a team, and funnily enough, as soon as I picked my team, a few players that weren't in Fantoms team suddenly just bob up in Fantom's team.
Speaker 2: Is that ranking?
Speaker 3: Let's just get it out of the way. The unknown is that ranking? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I came in No, no, no, this this is my floor here, we've got the video on.
Speaker 2: I need to speak to our.
Speaker 3: Listeners or viewers readers right down the barrel. I'm looking at the wrong thing, looking at the lapto rather than the camera. Anyway, I came in here first time. I'd work with Fanom all year. Dossie, you were there, and in fairness, I've got a bunch of pick with you because you were just as bad. Because I said, look, I haven't even opened up the app. I haven't picked up the team, and I wanted to know who you guys had in your team, And I said, do you surely.
Speaker 2: You've got eyes at ranking?
Speaker 3: You did say this burning up the track every match Simmy has been there best on And then sure enough we spend the next fifteen minutes arguing about why is that ranking is even going to be better than last season? And after that, not only is he in Fantom's team, but when he creates the artwork and the you know it gets the Magnadudel out to do the photos of which players magnadude It might have been lost on you, DOSSI, you're a young feller. You Basically he creates a photo of Isaac Rankin in the collage to almost insinuate he's been in my team the whole time. He'd been in his team for about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Five names have you heard of that making?
Speaker 3: I have never said he was a pod. I just said he was not in your team.
Speaker 2: That's true us. I've always valued your opinion.
Speaker 4: So what was the argument against Franklin? Out of interest? Because I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: No, I think I was just questioning at the time. I said, how does he play midfield? Like I think the only way he can improve from what he did last year is get more midfield time. And I'm looking at their team and they've still got Crouch, They've still got DAWs, and they've got Petling now coming into their team. They've got Draper who you know. I know, you guys maybe aren't sold that he's going to go straight in there to start the season, but they've still got him there and they're going to have to blood him at some point. They've got Dan Curtain, who do they want to give him more time? I was just like, where does Rankin still just you know, go way above them? And he just goes in there.
Speaker 3: On that note, I was out at Crow's training yesterday.
Speaker 4: Very hot Jan twenty seven, disgusting hot, actually let's choose, but found out a couple of little things, little nuggetes.
Speaker 2: For us okay, chicken nuggets Rankin.
Speaker 4: The plan is for Rankin's midfield split between forward to be pretty much the same when he was absolutely tearing it up in twenty twenty four, like at his absolute best.
Speaker 2: What do we think that is seventy thirty? I reckon it was still only forty to fifty percent of that time.
Speaker 3: But again we're looking at it just good, but we're are we looking at CBA's or midfield, So.
Speaker 2: That's purely CBA's Okay a cbah.
Speaker 3: So that's one.
Speaker 4: That's one thing is I've also seen him do a lot of defensive work as well, like plant, which maybe that's part of them trying because he obviously got criticized affair bit for his workaround stoppages in that regard, So maybe that's them trying to work on it.
Speaker 3: Who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: There, Dan Curtin forward Crows could roll out very easily, roll out to a three tall forward line plus Stan curtain, so four all forward. Yes, it sounds better when the way I said it. Okay, did get that in the so yes, I don't know how that's doning to look text wasn't in match seem yesterday. So but yeah, so that's someone So I think he's going to play forward, No, no real midfield that that kind of mean. And he's actually looked really good in match to him, but I just don't know what the story is going to be. Like half back just absolutely locked in it. Half back, he's he's been nowhere near the midfield.
Speaker 3: There's room for a young eyaact ranking in the the other one the other thing, the other thing, let me b Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when they broke up into the into the like respective lines, and interestingly they they were like, you know you, we're not going to tell you what line to go into. You you do on the one, you think you should go on rank ranking when you do mid Josh for Shelley went in the midfield line.
Speaker 3: Why's that coming? Went in the midfield line?
Speaker 4: So could he and he was playing and it was only a small like it was only a small thing. But in that little midfield thing he was more of a wingman. So is he going to go to fans wing kind of go between the two?
Speaker 3: Miller are back, so there's you know, there's a half back option that could.
Speaker 2: So guys, this is not the Crows preview.
Speaker 3: The other and the other thing. I'm going to say, we all talk about Draper.
Speaker 4: He has been in the two's midfield the last couple of weeks, still well and truly in the mids for round one. It's going to depend on how it goes in the intra club you know, the trial matches as well. But yeah, that isn't against his chances of featuring around one. He's still on track to featuring around one.
Speaker 1: I forget about that. This is the prediction show right now. Just give us a round one or not round one for sid Draper.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say not round one, but.
Speaker 3: It could easily around one Hipster. I wasn't out there yesterday, but I would say it might take an injury.
Speaker 2: Or two round one.
Speaker 1: I wasn't against Isaac Rank and just couldn't fit him in a lot of value in the forward line, which had pushed him out. And it's going to form the base of the conversation I think today, DOSSI for sure.
Speaker 2: I think let's just before we get into our predictions as well, there was some actual real breaking news this morning before we jumped on the show as well.
Speaker 3: Tell you what are you saying that what Simson wasn't real news.
Speaker 2: Tuesday? Yeah, Philip a really popular selection in ser coach this year Saint Kilda Cheapest Chips forward. He's now been officially ruled out for the start of the season, so.
Speaker 3: At least three months.
Speaker 2: That's a that's more than the start of the season. Well, it's at least the start because we're working on our star team, so him and then also rowand Marshall potentially in a bit of injury doubt. But ways what's way for scans, but also exciting news for potentially Harry Boyd ninety nine who's come over there. But anyway, let's get into our predictions. I think we'll talk about how we can deal with those injuries and ramifications in the future. The first category, fans take it.
Speaker 1: Away, biggest starting lock of twenty twenty five. We've all been on there playing around with our super coach teams. Who would you pick first? Who are you locking in? Dossie, I'm throwing back to you on the other side of the couch.
Speaker 2: Yep. Jack McCrae is my biggest lock of season three. Jackick And this was before.
Speaker 3: The Jackson used to be artist formerly known as Jackson mcciny.
Speaker 2: This is whoever you want.
Speaker 1: Post to three hundred thousand dollars less than when hipster paid full price.
Speaker 2: Correct. Look, this was before the matais Philippoon news. I think Jack McCrae is just in for a massive seat, isn't at the Saints. He's gone there to play midfield. He's coming with a point to prove out from the reign of Bevo. There he's finally going to be able to play as the midfielder again. So for me, absolute lock forward. How long shack Crow these days? He's thirty thirty years young, so I can't.
Speaker 1: Play anywhere else though, so Ross wouldn't be picking him to We'll bring him over.
Speaker 4: Bred Crouch also retired inrect so there is the spots in that midfield.
Speaker 2: Hipster, biggest lock.
Speaker 3: Horn Francis I think was it very few round one teams last year?
Speaker 2: Was he in mind.
Speaker 3: And only went out because I think he had that early season injury. Yeah, he's injured Round three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then he came back and played amazing and then everyone him in Yeah, exactly of course ahead of the game.
Speaker 3: So this year, unfortunately, he's like that that bar or beer or band that everyone it was about. Now from a super coach perspective, everyone's just going to pick him.
Speaker 2: He's going to be one of the most popular players. It's a bit light Hipston these days, and there.
Speaker 5: How many teams was into year when we first started as the whole in the world, You've never see him on a Saturday or Friday night because no, no, the bar is at But now just mixing it with.
Speaker 2: You every day, every day. Number one.
Speaker 3: Draft twenty one, he was in in fantas. He was in very few teams last year, he.
Speaker 2: Will be in.
Speaker 3: If he's not in ninety four percent of teams this year, then there's there's a concern with I do cop of hipsters, though he's mine as well, my biggest love.
Speaker 2: I have to pivot because I get the violin say so before.
Speaker 1: If you're not going to pick him as well our man, our Peyton over in my bodyguard released his team recently.
Speaker 2: You can call me out.
Speaker 1: No Jason nor Francis. Now we criticize them, we you know a bit of big bias. So there they forget about the essay names.
Speaker 2: How could you not pick.
Speaker 1: Jasonal On Francis in this forward line in Super Coach in twenty twenty five when we get our next I just ask him that because I'm not sure what he's thinking.
Speaker 3: I also was going to have JASONR. Frantz, but I'll change it up. I had an honorable mention. Yep, Harry Cheesel a must big cheese lock absolutely lot for me.
Speaker 4: It's still a defender, like he's going to play mid. He's going to play midfield. It's you know, go mid forward. He's a scoring machine.
Speaker 3: He will. Yeah, he's a lot for me.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Don't don't dislike it, but I don't love it either, similar conversation, not your biggest lock. You might even pick this player to start in tweeny twenty if you might top scoring player Marcus Bonton. Pelli was the number one player for total points in twenty twenty four Zac butthers behind him number two, DOSSI who scores the most this year?
Speaker 2: I'm going boring. I'm just going BoNT I'm going Bond again. Yep. Yeah, There's there's some other juicy options. So I'll let you guys take it if anyone's got something else. I'm just, you know, trying to get my predictions right. He's done it a couple of years in or I think, hasn't he so the bond he could go one thirty this year, already showing signs that he wants it. I've already said in a previous previous podcast, I think you know Brownlow potential season dangling Carrot Hipster top three in the time.
Speaker 3: Trial every year is a bond potential. Brownlow season really is. But Unfortunately they only hand out one of them usually.
Speaker 2: I just love his super coach game. The way he scores points, gets all the one percent is plus everything else so you can rack it up, scores goals, does the clutch things can tested, uncontested, marks goals. He just does everything. So give me Bond again.
Speaker 4: How much does the Jamara uncertain to impact his role hasn't going forward.
Speaker 2: I just think you've got to play mid. So I don't know who knows what Bevo's thinking. It's a genuine question, David, it's a genuine question. It's a worry.
Speaker 3: But yeah, hipster number one scoring player, Bond's probably the obvious answer. I'll go just for something different. Max Gorn in a down D's year, he's still was he the second highest, the second highest total point average.
Speaker 2: I think he missed a couple of games this year.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's the second highest priced player to start this year, so I'm assuming.
Speaker 2: Based on average.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well put it this way. I'm going to go with Gorney. I just think that all Eys will beyond Melbourne given everything that happened. Gorne was, you know, the Gorne as the face of the club was obviously under a lot of scrutiny himself clearly was still going really well in that respect. I think he's going to have the ability to score more points when you've got a fully fired, firing Petrarca.
Speaker 2: Oliver duo in there.
Speaker 3: That will lend towards him scoring more often. Can he stay as fit as BoNT and Pelly you know who's getting on a little bit as well. But I just think in terms of points to prove, a few teams will have as much of a point to prove as Melbourne and Maxie will behead that.
Speaker 2: Yep, fair point. You agree. Five names, so you got.
Speaker 4: I'm doing with Christian Cherry another reference.
Speaker 3: Over there. Don't get me started on this one. Talked out of it this time of the year last year.
Speaker 4: Well that's not fair. Yeah, breakout year last year just was amazing. It just has this great game that can store points really easily, it seems. And I think North have to be better. They will be better.
Speaker 3: That's another thing that's been said every year.
Speaker 2: Better this year otherwise.
Speaker 3: Louptious and Cherry, so he's my number one scoring player as well. Embarrassing Fantom barely I'm going to make a comment, can you this will test your editing skills. Can you go back to this time last year and find out how fanom was pronouncing Tristan?
Speaker 2: So I'll make a note for next week. Honestly, find this week's episode. How you think area something?
Speaker 3: This shows you how long he's been on This guy's you know, that's one of his favorite flyers. He couldn't even pronounce his surname this time last year.
Speaker 2: It's been noted it be we might have a sting next week on that one.
Speaker 3: I think it needs to happen anyway. Okay, but players have been on for a while. We're looking at breakouts of the year.
Speaker 2: Players.
Speaker 3: We think you take a big jump in twenty twenty five. What sort of is there a I think particular amount of points for talking about don premium, so definitely below five hundred.
Speaker 2: But what's the average jump?
Speaker 1: Depends where you're coming from and you want to see a good breakout, is twenty points minue and twenty twenty five going from sixty to eighty five, that's probably that's a good jump. I've been going from eighty five to one a five that's a good jump too, So I think probably fits in somewhere like that. We're probably not looking at rookies. We're going to get to them in a little while. You might see second or third year players who are rookie priced who do make a jump and you know, average forty or fifty more because I've never done it before, but this is the players we've seen before might have shown something. The next level is what we're going for. So I am going back to the well you can go back last year, Dussie as well, where you're doing those edits and.
Speaker 2: Pull these up.
Speaker 1: George Wardlaw, I didn't quite predict the Clayton of a second year breakout last year, predicting go to ninety three in his second year, got to eighty six, importantly, got through eighteen games. Can Cush was his only worry, which of course is a worry. But I think he can get past one way five up this year. One oh seven was what I put down in writing with my breakout pieces, George Waller. So I have to pick him here, have to pick him in my team in the mid four hundred k's. But I think he's going to get to that because a super coach scoring weapon, if he can do it consistently, then he'll do that this year.
Speaker 2: So George Waldorf of mine. Yes, it's a big call. I remember your projected average. My eyes were popping off, popping off the screen when I saw when I saw your projected average for Georgie. But yeah, I think I think it's a it's a good shout. If you backed him in last year and he showed the signs but didn't quite get the full opportunity, then back him in again.
Speaker 3: What do you got for us? You've gone off the board track actually sort of.
Speaker 2: Even though I wrote out these questions and I did, I did actually put a bit of a description on what it classifies as, which wasn't what you provided. So I'm going to have to rethink this. But I've got I've got another name. So I had a couple of guys that's the same thing, isn't that.
Speaker 1: It can be anything from a small average taking a large leap or going going to an uber premium that's going up to another level with five hundred k though, So I had TDK for instance, how reckon he'll go, he'll go mass No, no with my boy, I want to back in back in Harley Reid.
Speaker 3: If you're talking he's got average.
Speaker 2: Last season he averaged only eighty.
Speaker 3: So, so what do you think he averages this season?
Speaker 2: Well, potentially I'm going to go ninety six zero point three precisely right at someone. Well, we're doing predictions, you know, I've got to go on record now, it's on record. Yeah. Look, I think now, especially you know recent news as well, we didn't mention at the top Elliott Yoe having knee and ankle issues to start the season already. I didn't mention it because it's not news. Look, I mean he's there, he's already their only midfield unit really in there. He's going to be probably joined by the likes of Tim Kelly and Dom Sheed, a couple other youngsters hopefully rolling through there, including an Elijah Hewitt for instance. But look, Harley Reid is the West Coast Eagles engine room already. We've recently seen other high draft picks like a Harry Sheesel and a Nick Dakos take their game plus twenty points in their year. Harley Reid, you know, I know the difference is they sort of changed their role to gain their super coach points. Like they both kind of played half back then. I mean, she's all kind of just played half back then. A bit of half back mid but I just think overall number one pick gun more midfield time, Well he probably same midfield time, just better improvements.
Speaker 3: You're going to pick him then in the starting team.
Speaker 2: I think I'll watch because I think that's the beauty. Well I'm learning off the likes the goat Selby on the show, he says he doesn't pick these guys. You heard his voice, you know you mentioned the wardlow. He likes to look at him. I do like someone else's Super Coach goat, not fandom, just for a little bit of JA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I agree, but I'm just saying it's always good to let fandom know his place in the super Coach community.
Speaker 2: What do you got for us? Breakout of the air Well?
Speaker 3: I think I had him in my last episode last year, So I just got to stand by Koby mkirche.
Speaker 2: I think, yep, I know they brought him.
Speaker 3: Daniel on that, and that'll be the immediate thing that people will say, Okay, hang on Caleb, Daniel was going to be going in there. But when you can, I think when you consider what he ended up averaging last year, seventy six or thereabouts versus Kersha, Yeah, eighty eight, Sorry, eighty eight. I misread that versus what he could get to. I still think he could get low hundreds. Yep, because last year alone he had one too, six hundreds and six nineties, so I.
Speaker 2: Have to get him in.
Speaker 3: Well, how many North plays can you have? That's that's again a little bit of the dossy theory of second.
Speaker 2: Year, last second year breakout.
Speaker 3: Ye and you touched on the Clayton Olva breakout. We bring this up every year. This was one of the hipster had Clayton his team all those years ago, back when we were you know, didn't really know the hipster.
Speaker 2: But I love Internet. I think they do. What I will say, and it's why I'm a little bit not as bold with my prediction. Is just with these with the mkircher and the Reed, they already played really well in their rookie year, so you know, averaging eighty and eighty eight, that's a really good season. So for them to take the next level, they really do have to be the Nick Dekos and Cheese all level talent. But they both both think they're exactly well, they're both super high picks.
Speaker 3: It's not like we're, you know, some guy from the rookie list that we think is suddenly going to become a superstar. What do you got sim any rookie lists that become superstars?
Speaker 4: No, but I was going to have Philippoo, you know. But I've now got somebody who will stay. I'm gonna make sure he stays on my team unless it's injured. Jayden Short.
Speaker 3: Can't well, we wanted the average average eighty two? Yeah, breakout average eighty two last year?
Speaker 2: What is the average?
Speaker 3: I think it was a breakout player for the hipste What year did I have in fant twenty ninety would have been about that? Yeah? Can he averages? Checks rules over there around only average one hundred.
Speaker 2: This is like the a f L rookie list.
Speaker 3: It used to be for check it off and then I think and then they started to bring it for.
Speaker 2: This guy that's average ninety plus. How many times is that a break.
Speaker 3: One? There?
Speaker 2: I love it, though I've another one we should have had back.
Speaker 3: We should have Sam John from.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking on a second. We got a of the year shooting from the hip.
Speaker 3: He's going to be He's going to be some second best midfielder. Jesus, its bold call. That's huge Darcy Parish falling off cliff.
Speaker 1: As similar similar category doesn't need to be a breakout of start to take a jump. Best mid price bargain. So pick a mid price and maybe make some value. Who's going to do that? Maybe a stepping stone. I'll start over here. Yes, this might be a quick segment because there might be a few of these. Calum Mills made Roberts close for me. But Caleb Daniel at the price. Can't overlook the value he presents back in his favorite role across half back for North locked in five.
Speaker 4: Names, I'm going Kitty Common, same love just before he got in, absolutely lot he was joined. He was going to explode last year before his injury. Love his game. It's yeah, he's a guy you could start. I know he may not be their opening route. There's a little bit of stuff around there, but he could be a guy you get in at the start of the year when he does.
Speaker 3: Playing, you keep them all year. He could be that good.
Speaker 2: That's fair. Yeah, I love that. I'm with him with Kiddy as well.
Speaker 3: I just think, yeah, i just think he's got all the tools in a really good side.
Speaker 2: Not much more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got one hundred and and a half the Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that goes good, that's not bad. Yeah, I was backing in my biggest lock of the season lot Jack McCray, So I'm just going back to him. I think even though he comes a little bit more of a price, so it's probably safer to go a player that's in the two load closer to two fifty k, which is kind of the baseline of what we set here, just because there's more room to grow the price. But just with Jack McCray, I think the amount that he's going to go up. As I mentioned, I'm huge on him, so I think one hundred and five plus is well and truly within reach for Jack McCray. Or who's your anti Locke?
Speaker 1: Then who's your bust someone that might burn us in twenty twenty five that's been talked been talked about a little bit over summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, player that I was actually shocked to see the ownership so high recently when I checked was a mid price player that I think is going to fail for coaches and I think, well, it's bout it's bolt prediction, but I think he's going to fail. He's on the North Melbourne Kangaroos new recruit, and he's probably going to be a nice little sideways option for people trying to go away from a Philipoo. Luke Parker across. He's actually higher owned than I thought I'm trying to find. I was trying to pad to find his ownership percentage eighteen percent owned. At the moment, he is priced at three hundred and forty three thy six hundred. So while I think he will outperform that price, I just don't think he's going to give you bang for buck at that price to be able to deliver high enough value for you to bother starting with him. So Luke Parker is my burn man for season twenty twenty five Hipster.
Speaker 3: I'm still processing this one. So you'm marinating on now. People use marinate a lot these days.
Speaker 2: You just used it exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm using it because people use it and it's just an interesting five names.
Speaker 2: It's just crept in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to guy who was really good last year is not going to hit the heights.
Speaker 2: Luke Ryan in my team. So turn okay, he'll be in sims DEEMBLI interpresing.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: No. I think he was incredible last year when he was they were doing that kind of really slow ball side to side, you know, really kind of dour, and then we saw it just a couple of times when they actually tried to take it on a bit more, you know, do that his scores went.
Speaker 3: Down and he stored one fifty six the last coach probably.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did store. He stored a sixty eight in the in the second last round, Matthew. So so, I just I think we've especially who they've brought in as well. I reckon we're going to play. They should play in theory at quicker game, which means less c dolling from Luke Ryan back there. He'll still be like, you know, good play. But I don't think he's going to be you know.
Speaker 3: He's average. He averaged one sixteen. He's not going to be He's not going to be the average one sixteen. Yeah, no, I don't think you will.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair. Yep. I think based on you know, we're doing some draft rankings, looking at some numbers, and based on his second half of the season, I think it was to your point, sim when the coach sort of started flagging, oh, you know, where we are getting too many cheap possessions let's use the ball a bit more efficiently going forward. And that's when sort of Luke Ryan went from being this huge averager to dropping a little bit back in the back half of the year. Let me get the exact numbers. Round one to twelve average one hundred and thirty, rounds thirteen to twenty four one hundred and two. So if he does average that one hundred and two, like you're saying, that's a burnman, you know, negative fourteen on his average from this year. So very nice one.
Speaker 3: Shire yeap, terrific, Adam, it was good, Adam Cherrah for me for forty seven K is only in about six percent of team. No, it needs to be someone people are going to pick.
Speaker 2: People to pick this guy. You can't draft. You're going to pick yeah, yeah, look at it.
Speaker 3: You cannot pick You cannot pick me. You can't pick him. You can't pick him head of Clayton Field. I'm looking at picking him four forty seven K. You can't pick him head of Clayton Oliver, George Wardlaw or will Ashcroft injury prone maybe at touch overrated to.
Speaker 2: You're seriously picking him. The names among players considered, why oh we had an injury affected year last year playing midfield. You know, wild should be underdone to start the season, has scored really well played, told it to me. I'll bring him in the team. But with rank five year contract extension, that's the guy who's about to prove it.
Speaker 3: I'm about to bring him in. This is exactly what have you going on to your panels. He had one season, one season above ninety one. Yeah, uh, look, I don't I'm sort of weighing up a few different blokes. There's some guys that you just can't trust. I think, who are they? Well, some of them have got some obvious reasons for injury.
Speaker 1: Wise, give us one if I tell us at the end of the year, going to tell us at the end of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably the best sub.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna well, look, just because I contained Zorco.
Speaker 2: What's his ownership?
Speaker 3: That'd be is expensive though, I don't mind that's overpriced, overpriced pro That was your rule that Dane's Orco. He was in Every Man and his Dogs team six years old exactly.
Speaker 2: That's fair saying.
Speaker 3: Six percent of team.
Speaker 2: He's never been in more than five percent of teams in his life, like thirty six years old, that's just a free hit.
Speaker 3: But al right, well what's j what's James Cecily's ownership.
Speaker 2: Should be coach plus you signed up?
Speaker 3: Signed up?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean let me have a look for it, all right, So that you picked James Cicily is seven point six percent owned that I have to find zorco Are we just going to the next category? Are we just accepting that point three percent owned his dan So you paid out share. He's less owned than.
Speaker 3: That made at least he's been own because people know at least he's been owned. At least at least he's been owned in his life.
Speaker 2: Okay, apart from getting.
Speaker 3: Next one best cascow Best twenty twenty five hipster can kick us off. So we're talking anyone, I mean below two hundred. Yeah, but some of these have been brought up in two hundred yeah.
Speaker 2: So like a rookie rookie or rookie price player.
Speaker 3: Leve Iyashka probably yep, yeah, DOSSI.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just going to go Jago Smith. I think another guy could be the highest averaging rosette, Harry Boyd potentially, but I think he just I don't know if he plays enough games. Yep, I mean, we've heard Roald Marshall, the injury to Rond Marshall. I think at least Harry Boyd might even start the season, but there's too much risk at the moment. I know Jago Smith is coming in playing Round one if he's if he's healthy, but then he's a gun. I'm really devastated as a West Coast Eagles fan that we traded him away.
Speaker 3: Before we get to you're a good, good hauler, good plays.
Speaker 2: Him, I should have said, boam, Liam Baker just before we get to five names.
Speaker 1: The thirty thirty third most popular player in Supercoach twenty three point three percent of teams now man Thomas Simms, Thomas Simsy, Wilson from Richmond.
Speaker 3: Hello, I reckon we must have had five percent of that doing probably yep, just people doing it for.
Speaker 2: A bit of a laugh.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the thank you to the fan.
Speaker 2: Thomas Simsy. Who's your cash cow.
Speaker 3: Of the year Actually a guy from Richmond, Thomas Simms, Thomas Lynch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on the Tigs this year. Yeah, breakout.
Speaker 3: I just think I think I'm so late. No, it's yours because the ball is going to be back there. A lot also Lynch is.
Speaker 4: Unlike the back but unlike guys like some others.
Speaker 3: You know he's going to play.
Speaker 4: If his fit, he's playing, and availability is sometimes the best ability.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to go by Jagger too, but ed Allen from Collinwood to Alan the next one and if if which he's been I think if he starts in round one, I think Neil Erasmus.
Speaker 2: But still the biggest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out, especially mentioning Elarji Hewitt Coss He's man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out, Yeah, shoutout.
Speaker 1: All right to round us off, finish off the predictions episode for twenty twenty five. We're taking hot takes, anything, anything you got, let it out now.
Speaker 2: Now we've lost the lost the cameras. I would have loved to stare down the barrel for this one. Sam Darcy to average one hundred super coach points, lock it in. That's my hot take. So hang on top in your team, top six forward, one hundred plus average in your team. More rough time ts on your team. So the hot time there's a guy that's.
Speaker 3: One hundred in yours, you think he's one hundred plus?
Speaker 2: Jama are you going what christ? Sorry speculating, but potentially Jamara, who knows what's happening there at what price? He is in the four hundred range. So there's a.
Speaker 3: Four hundred and seven, there's a four hundred and twenty seven thousand dollars forward that you think is going to average over one hundred, and you're going, don't't remember, not even a flats.
Speaker 2: Can I say it's my hot take that he's going to average over one hundred, but.
Speaker 3: He said look it in, yeah, exactly, it's for the hot take, Okay, I do.
Speaker 2: I do think he's going to have a monster year. We did our draft rankings recently. You check those out in Code Sports soon, but I have him very high my ranking Sam Darcy more rock Time potentially this year. We've seen some yeah issues with Tim English in the preseason, but even without rough Time, I think he's just going to be a monster monster up for it this year. This is the hot take.
Speaker 3: I just think I love doing this this time every year, just calling out embarrassing super coach ownership figures. Can you call up Isaac Heeney please?
Speaker 2: Didn't you a team? Isn't he He's in my tainment.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was a little bit embarrassing all right.
Speaker 2: So Isaac Heeney three point three percent own now is a mid only classic.
Speaker 3: Talks about it every year, these players that lose a status and they go become a little bit more cookie cutter in terms of their position, Isaac. Can you see Isaac heeny just falling off a cliff going backwards?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's just these opening by rounds that are stopping people from doing it.
Speaker 3: I think there is a bit of that, but I think there's also this mentality of oh, I used to be able to get heeni as afford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do agree that that is definitely has that.
Speaker 3: Happened with Dacos as well. I'm no longer being a defender.
Speaker 1: What's Dross Dacos? It would still be much higher, sexier name. And he was number nine for super coach average in tween twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Also he did have one of like the great starts to the seasons you'll ever see, like.
Speaker 2: Team with a bit of a point to.
Speaker 1: Prove average more than Adam Trauw Caleb's wrong, Zach Merritt, Josh Dunkley, Patrick rt Deakos.
Speaker 2: Thirty four percent, and you're right, he mean he's also got a bye round within the first five.
Speaker 3: So so Dekos and he and you've got a thirty one percent gap in ownership.
Speaker 2: Ye, it's a little embarrassing. It's a good point. Okay, I'm going to take back if that's the case.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the upstate is that your Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always love having it.
Speaker 4: The person to my left, Matthew Turner, will not start with Riley phil Thorpe.
Speaker 2: That should have been take that. He's going to average just under one hundred. Now, this is a real test, this is a.
Speaker 3: Real if you have any convictions, Mappy, you will start him in your team. Because we've we have nurses. We sold out. He weren't here when hipster first came on, and he was a real true hipster. Now he sold out. He's confalling ten percent by a true hips Did they mean they put me in this archaic not even archade.
Speaker 2: It was sort of like your idea.
Speaker 3: It was barbaric rules to basically it was my own idea. Let's ten percent of teams, I had to have how many players on each line? Four players on each line? Might be If you do that in fier than ten percent of teams, that hard you do that, or you do it then right, no, don't.
Speaker 2: It was a disaster.
Speaker 3: What if I do that and I beat you like this year?
Speaker 2: Hey you haven't.
Speaker 3: You've beaten me once out of five years when you've tried to choose properly. Anyway, let's move on from this. We're just naval gazing.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: One from you five names other one just very quick, just just to defend myself here, I am choosing Riley filth will be my team on the basis of well, he's.
Speaker 2: Locking him in?
Speaker 3: Is he locked January twenty eight? Is he going to be there round one?
Speaker 2: Well if he get doesn't you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, injury for meitting of course it's three hundred and seventy grand and last year, doll, see what did the average?
Speaker 2: I thought you got it in front of you? Well, are you going to at least pad for me or no? He Philthorpe averaged, oh where is it?
Speaker 3: Sorry and read read six? Yeah, yeah, seventy six. But can you read the scores? So one of them was a sub sub effect at fifteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, final four, Round one hundred ninety six, seventy one and ten.
Speaker 3: Now look, I'm no super coachess, but but they seem like reasonable scores for a twenty one year, so absolute monster marking over blokes heads. He's in the team at that price, I think he is probably the best value traditional four. All right, I'm going to be really I hope he's in your team. I don't think you.
Speaker 2: Would have it is I mean, it's a similar price to the Philippoof if you had him in your plans. So he's a nice little pivot options. Is Sam Dark.
Speaker 4: A serious one? I reckon on Francis too outscores that, brothers, what was that?
Speaker 3: I reckon I'll take Horn. Francis outscores that buets that is a hot Yeah, that's mind steaming.
Speaker 2: Peyton will be happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Horn France one hundred and twenty bitters one night, and you probably still want butters in your team.
Speaker 4: I've roped both, I'll roped both. Yeah, I think Horn France has been incredible.
Speaker 3: Yes, hot take from me. Matt Roberts Top six.
Speaker 2: Defender, Yeah, okay, sort of mild spicy.
Speaker 3: You know what it's more it's Lemon and herb Yeah, Sultan Tangy what do you call it?
Speaker 2: And Tan.
Speaker 3: Hips hips to have finished top thousand as well.
Speaker 4: That's that's like those those Chile eating competitions, those ghost pampers and the people likeinate.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, to round out the show, actually, we do have some listener questions really quickly. It's and it's not questions this time, fans, it's they want our predictions. So this is the predictions pod. They want our projected averages for the following players, and we're just going to go around the circle. Can you tell me what they averaged last year?
Speaker 3: I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Number no context for no context, okay, no content, super coach, all right, So I'm not going to give this one to fans because I already know the answer for this. Check out his team reveal for the answer if you want to know. Fans view hipster George Wardlow eighty six last year, eighty six last year, thanks for that. Ninety one Okay, not much of an improvement there. Five names. Shaye Bolton, what.
Speaker 3: Was he like?
Speaker 4: He was about eighty wasn't he.
Speaker 2: Our Paytent's team over.
Speaker 3: Just did see that?
Speaker 2: He Richmond t four. That's big, it's big school, potentially top six fans. Luke Parker my Burnman mm hmm. Eighty five. Okay is that enough? That's one that's that's enough enough fourteen games, okay, or this one's for you, So I'll wait for me. Hayden, good name, asking Liam Baker. Please, No one is talking about it now. I did my draft projection the other day. Again, I've got him in the nineties, in fact, because every player that goes to West Coast that's in the last couple of years seems to do better. We even saw Jayden Hunt became become a little bit relevant the other year. So I think.
Speaker 3: Alex widd has a good game described as the greatest thank football history.
Speaker 2: I think actually, I think I think we've bolted.
Speaker 3: I'm actually going to go down to eighty eight six mid show. I just realized that I was silly.
Speaker 2: I think lou nineties for Liam Baker, and if he plays midfield that could be higher. So I love that pick, Hayden. I think it is going under the radar. We haven't heard too much of Leam Baker's name.
Speaker 3: Do you speak to yourself? Hadn't ban the socials? There ed Richards and liber.
Speaker 2: So what did he average? That he was below one hundred, so I think it was ninety eight one nine nine? What about liber then does he drop back? Yeah? Little to make room.
Speaker 3: I reckon, I reckon. What was liber last year?
Speaker 2: Can you.
Speaker 3: Running?
Speaker 2: Liver dropped off just over one hundred? I think, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's say he's one hundred still Okay, Well you're doing all things rich.
Speaker 2: Too. And Jordan Dawson throw on two from.
Speaker 4: The Toronto average ninety four point five. I reckon, he should every average one on one.
Speaker 3: Jeez, you're gonna is that your final answer?
Speaker 2: What about? Jordan Dawson had a pretty down year for his standards average one hundred and thirteen. I believe it was this is.
Speaker 4: Then that is one? Yeah two down, shared it actually with ben Keys.
Speaker 2: But he's still coming in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm one o two.
Speaker 2: I reckon. Chrub his medal in half.
Speaker 4: If you did, I reckon. Obviously, don't say he's gonna have a bounce back in one.
Speaker 2: Ten one big bounce all right, just a gout more here. Jordan Ridley rain Man wants to know for a new fans Riddler, how does he go this year? Good Man? Rain Man?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, never flies corners, always flies corners.
Speaker 1: Sorry, one hundred and three of Jordan Ridley last years. We know he's attacking best. He's a one ten plus man, But it's still so much uncertainty with Essendon. And we thought Jake Kelly was answered to Ridley becoming a super coach Locke every year, but I don't think he improved too.
Speaker 2: Much on that. I reckon the average one o four few more here? How does how did Neil Dunkley and Ashcroft go playing together? And that's for will Ashcroff, I think, or maybe just both Ashcrofts. So do they drop off a little bit Dunkley? No? All right, fans is jumping in for that one. Zach Merritt, your man hipster. Does he go back and just do what he always does? Undred and thirteen hundred and fifteen hundred and whatever? Yeah, okay, I'm going to take this one. John Nukam. I think he's going to go big this year. We love that one hundred and ten plus. I actually looked at some of his numbers so he didn't end up having a massive year. Look, I can't.
Speaker 3: He had a terrible start to the season.
Speaker 2: I looked at his numbers in wins though last year recently doing some research one hundred and fifteen super coach average in Hawk's wins. I just think they're going to win more games. I think he'll be a big part of that.
Speaker 3: He average ninety eight last year. Great pick.
Speaker 2: So what do you think he's going to go? One ten? I think he could go.
Speaker 1: I think he final series his final series number as well for joining him.
Speaker 2: So my players that we mentioned, I stuck with Harley Read, but TDK was on my list new com he was in my team. No, he's got it. He's got an early by round. So I didn't. I didn't go.
Speaker 4: I'm like trying new. I like him improved. He improves every year. He's one of these players that has approved every year as well.
Speaker 1: Last four games one sixty two, one forty one, forty nine, one thirty one, two of them were finals.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, it's good that they reverse the AFL season now and we're starting with finals first and then opening round is actually going to be your last round.
Speaker 2: We have just a few more quickly, Connor Rosie, I've got one to finish, one ten. Yeah, this one, I'm this one. I'm confidently will be better than last years. What do you average? Ny five or something? Get your phone over reading the question.
Speaker 1: Eight.
Speaker 3: He averaged ninety eight last year. I think he's a one oh.
Speaker 2: Six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say one O five one five as well.
Speaker 2: I had a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Last one, last one from our man Damien Ford. Okay, it's one for hipster. Now this is just a serious question. I have any serious at a new club this year. You know this player, Jack Carroll, he's actually.
Speaker 2: Asked where secured this year?
Speaker 3: Well, Philip's injury last year? Do you remember there was a game last year? I remember there was a game last year. He was in everything early and I was getting tagged in a lot. Let's go fifty one, but very few games, not enough to there would never be a Jack Carroll run where he's a genuine you know option.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think that'll wrap up the Prediction Show. I reckon fans, but we will be back yeah, next week doing all our positional analyzes going forward.
Speaker 1: Mister super coach as well, another big name getting ready to return next week to the lair. All systems go through the practice games, community series and then of course Round one so plenty coming up. Of course, if you aren't watching it now, get on the Code Sports YouTube channel, check it out, subscribe there, follow us every week and of course everywhere you find your podcast you'll be able to hear it. Hipster, thanks for joining us again. Five names. Lovely to have you back. Dossie Junior again, thank you. It was a pleasure, super coaches pleasure talking super coach with you all again. Hit us up on social media, Let us know your predictions. Let us know what you think of what we've said, what we.
Speaker 3: Got right, what we might get right, what we were you know might be well off or Giffin can get wrong.
Speaker 2: So hit us up with what you think. Just talk to us and we'll compare. We'll see you next time. Farewell,