Speaker 1: To comply with Spotify's AI enforcement of copyright law. Parts of this podcast have been modified or removed. For the full experience, please listen live on over one hundred or livestream at novfm dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren on one hundred, Well.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody, and welcome to your Wednesday Morning team.
Speaker 2: Good morning. It's a bit of a tough morning.
Speaker 4: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: It really is, it really is.
Speaker 4: The the news was shocking yesterday. I think I think we've all got heavy hearts this morning.
Speaker 5: It was an awful news day and it's worth noting that it still continues today because this man and his family are still on the run.
Speaker 4: So in Port Punker, we're talking about this terrible shooting, police shooting about three hours out of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: A man is on the run.
Speaker 4: At two police officers were shot and killed yesterday and another one seriously injured. And it's it's I got so upset watching the news last night. And you know, the Victorian police were a huge part of our show. We have many friends in the Victorian Police. I've got many friends in the police force and they go to work every day to look after us and they all deserve to be able to come home at night. So our thoughts are very much with the Victorian police this morning and anyone affected by this awful situation.
Speaker 3: So they're saying ten police officers arrived at the property.
Speaker 5: So it's right to carry out a warrant.
Speaker 3: And they're alluding to the fact that they were ambushed by this guy.
Speaker 5: Which is chilling. It's chilling in every sense. And I also feel for the people of poor Punker. This is a small regional town of around one thousand. There were kids at school yesterday that school was placed into lockdown because he and right now they are still being told to stay indoors, keep your doors locked like that is terrifying for the people there.
Speaker 4: So as soon as he was on the arm, the schools were notified me and held to lock their doors and staying How scary for those children at school, for the parents whose kids are at school, terrible for the home.
Speaker 3: We're going to cross to Christina Hern from the Channel on Today Show a little bit later on the show coming up in the next twenty Actually, apparently there's not much of a police presence there this morning, which sort of indicates that the search might be moving to a different direction.
Speaker 5: Well, there's there would be a lot of strategy involved now in tracking this blokedown, which it's.
Speaker 3: Just a matter of time for him to him he.
Speaker 5: Knows that country, that terrain like the back of his hand. It's not going to end well well, no, no, absolutely not. It's it's it's it's an urgent.
Speaker 2: Search right now, shocking situation, dangerous. We will keep you.
Speaker 4: Updated throughout the morning if anything changes there.
Speaker 3: On a liner note, guys.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift is engaged.
Speaker 4: I love love anyone who can't see the joy and people being in love and getting engaged.
Speaker 3: Producer was firing up on the group chat this morning. Was it you or someone?
Speaker 5: Was that you?
Speaker 2: It was set?
Speaker 5: He said it was love love as well. I just thought it was a bit.
Speaker 2: Enough, but let it. But it's Daggy and that's them.
Speaker 5: So you admit it was a little bit Enugh, well it.
Speaker 2: Was very floral and no, it was definitely not.
Speaker 5: It was Daggy's daggy nef it's close.
Speaker 2: To No, she's not naught, but she's a bit daggy. She would say.
Speaker 5: That matching Ralph Lareen outfits.
Speaker 2: Let them be?
Speaker 3: Was that in the proposal for I didn't even notice the matching.
Speaker 5: Let them be sponsored engagement.
Speaker 2: My son, I almost got why do you say to sponsor engage.
Speaker 5: Because they went out of their way to advertise the fact that it was matching Ralph Laurin out.
Speaker 3: Did they say that?
Speaker 2: Did they say that it was in the release? No, they didn't say that.
Speaker 4: They said, your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married.
Speaker 5: Well, we will come back and I love story Chase.
Speaker 6: Oh my break down.
Speaker 2: There it's a beautiful ring.
Speaker 3: Lauren's already picking her outfit for the wedding.
Speaker 5: She's ready to go.
Speaker 2: We'll have celebration in here the wedding present.
Speaker 3: Congrats to Travis. This is nover.
Speaker 2: Have engagement day to all those who are celebrating.
Speaker 3: Good Oh my god, hang on.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Imagine if you were living in Melbourne and you got engaged last night and today was your day to go to work and.
Speaker 4: Tell everyone, Oh my god, show me your ring.
Speaker 2: You think anyone is her ring worth a million dollars?
Speaker 4: Sang a million Australian thousand usc. I thought it'd be worth more than that, to be.
Speaker 3: Honest, Well, you wouldn't want to go to look at.
Speaker 4: Like Jeff Bezos's wife and that's like fifty million bucks.
Speaker 3: I know, but off with her hand, like when she travels the world. People, now she.
Speaker 2: Got security everywhere.
Speaker 4: So anyway, congratulations, beautiful photo shooting a rose garden.
Speaker 2: They would have spent so often a million dollars roses. She has had some bad luck. She has in love.
Speaker 3: So they've been together for to show for three years.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a lifetime in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: We'll both thirty five. I feel like ready to settle down.
Speaker 4: Oh I just love them, and I love love and I love seeing people in love.
Speaker 5: And look, if it doesn't work out, we'll get another album.
Speaker 2: So now I wonder watch the Swifties today.
Speaker 4: They'll come out and be like, oh, so it would have been the twenty sixth of August.
Speaker 2: She's going to get two.
Speaker 4: Six twenty six, Like that means that there's going to be a new album. There add two and it adds eight.
Speaker 3: Cut off in traffic. She flipped them the birch. She used the ring finger.
Speaker 5: When she was which she was on the roof in a concert. She was tapping her feet twenty six times exactly.
Speaker 2: Which means she made him propose on today's date.
Speaker 5: He okay, he.
Speaker 2: Thinks it's a publicity stunt.
Speaker 5: Publicity stunt. I just think it's a bit well considering she's released that vinyl of her album four times in different colors, just did the podcast.
Speaker 4: They don't think it was yes they don't think it was yesterday. They've been engaged for That's what the talk is, that it didn't happen. They've just announced it, so they got engaged. Then she's like, let's let's let the album have the moment. We don't want to take attention away from that. We'll enjoy it privately for some time, and then we'll announce it. When I got engaged, I didn't. I mean, I'm but I didn't announce it, not because I didn't want it to trump my album, but because it's nice to have time celebrating with your family and friends before other people know.
Speaker 3: I'm always like, you know, when you hear people that propose and then the person says no, I'm almost.
Speaker 2: Like, what, don't turn a positive into no?
Speaker 3: I was just going to say, exactly want to, but you want to be sure how.
Speaker 2: He obviously was.
Speaker 3: How confident do you think you would have.
Speaker 2: Been fifteen out of rinking. She's not letting him.
Speaker 5: Go Jase, how dore you. It's a beautiful love story, and it's just the engagement itself was so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Clyn. I'm glad you come around.
Speaker 5: I think you always spin things into a negative, both of you.
Speaker 2: Let's look at the positives today.
Speaker 3: Will we get a new album cover dropping today with the engagement photo on?
Speaker 2: Possibly we'll definitely.
Speaker 5: Get to be sparkling.
Speaker 2: Will be How did you propose.
Speaker 3: On a wolf? And in case she said no, I could just jump in.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: It wasn't want to be sure.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like a wolf where we had our first date? I took about we had our first date.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was pretty confident were it had been eleven years?
Speaker 2: Did you get down on Monday?
Speaker 3: I went to what I went to, but then some people just came out of nowhere, and I was like.
Speaker 2: You got embarrassed.
Speaker 3: I just I it was all too like. I pulled out the ring and said something nice and said, you know, will you marry me?
Speaker 2: But you stood there? You didn't get down there?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, And then and then we went off for a surprise engagement party.
Speaker 2: Oh and everyone was waiting.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I just I literally just blasted out a message, and an hour later everyone met us our favorite bar and we did like an impromptu Sunday.
Speaker 2: Night that that's fun.
Speaker 3: Probably not the best thing to do when you got breakfast rating on the Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got engaged, so you can do what you want. Celebrating d exactly.
Speaker 4: I like to start a business planning people's proposals. Sure, I'm good at it. I've proposed. I've helped many friends get engaged.
Speaker 3: I know. The problem is, though, when you when you start planning it, you'd probably start giving feedback on what you think of the person they're going to propose to. No.
Speaker 2: No, I'm good because I love love. If you're in love enough to propose, I love like.
Speaker 3: Taylor and Travis. Good on them, great.
Speaker 4: Timing, wonderful timing, wonderful experience for them.
Speaker 3: Nice matching, polo, ruffler and outfits. Do you like that claim? How so negative? It is just gone a quarter past six, switching gears. The man hunt continues here in Victoria for this alleged gunman who has killed two police officers. We'll get all the details next. This is No. Over one hundred. You are on the air with Jason and Lauren, we're doing it. Thanks so I mate to she already express it's a bit of a dark day here in Victoria.
Speaker 5: What a terrifying day it was yesterday and still could be today because this gunman remains on the run. I'm talking about the gunman that shot and killed two police officers yesterday in Country Victoria, in Poor Punker, which is just near bright It's terrifying for the community, but also terrifying for our police.
Speaker 4: Officers, Victorian Police. It's such a horrendous and it is.
Speaker 5: It does have many moving parts because the hunt continues this morning for this man and Christine Herne's life there for the Today Show, and she's been kind enough to give up some of her time to speak to us this morning.
Speaker 2: Morning Christine, Morning guys, Christine.
Speaker 4: We've just heard reports come in that the family of this man have been found.
Speaker 5: Is that true?
Speaker 6: Yeah, major development overnight, lows So, there were fears that his wife and children were with him, possibly as hostages. But the police have confirmed overnight that they have presented to a police station and there's nothing to confirm that they were ever with the gunman.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, what do we know about Desi Freeman?
Speaker 6: So he's a fifty six year old conspiracy theorist, theorist, self proclaimed sovereign citizen. People are going, well, what's that. That's where people believe that the government is illegitimate and the laws do not apply to him. He was well known to police. We have vision of him being arrested outside a protest outside of court in Myrtleford in twenty twenty one and anti vacks protest that was right in the middle of COVID and a current affair actually interviewed him a couple of years before that in a neighborhood dispute story. But he was well known to police. And to give you some indication of how high risk they were taking him, because they executed this search warrant about ten am yesterday morning. There were ten police officers executing that search warrant.
Speaker 4: Do we know why the police were called out to the property in the first place.
Speaker 6: Christine, Yes, it was a search warrant for some firearms. And it's understood he lived on a bus on a property and those police officers have entered that bus and that is when they have been ambushed or as police they executed and three of them been shot and just tragically to have died. One was a fifty nine year old detective local up here. He was just weeks away from retirement.
Speaker 2: I'm an age in the Victorian Police.
Speaker 3: That's so sad yea.
Speaker 6: And then the thirty five year old senior comfortable is actually from Melbourne and he was up here on secondment during the snow season.
Speaker 2: Devastating Chris.
Speaker 3: We were talking earlier about how terrifying it would have been yesterday for the locals in that area. There would have been a huge police presence last night.
Speaker 6: What's it light this morning now, Jas It's the interesting part. I'm at this round about anyone that knows poor Punker and there's the main roundabout in and out of the town, and it was teeming with police. You had a helicopter which had infrared just going up and down the bush, just like literally doing laps. There were police commands, just hundreds of police officers. This morning, no one, not one officer. So we don't know if that means the search area has been moved or whether they're going to start again at first light. But what I can confirm is that this gunman is still on the run. It's an active situation. We all got text messages last night, stay indoors, restrict your travel heavily an so.
Speaker 5: So as poor Punk is still under lock and key, like a people still being advised to stay indoors.
Speaker 6: That's the advice from police. Limit trouble is.
Speaker 2: What is what is the feeling in the town. Have you spoken to many locals? They must be terrified.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we got in last night. We spoke to a couple and a couple of locals when we went out to get a bite to eat. And you know, this is this is a tourist town. It's good times. You know, people go into the the snowfields had devastated. This is happening in their town, and understandably worried that there wasn't many places open last night because they were heeding the advice of police staying indoors.
Speaker 3: What a weird feeling this morning? Any police presence, not one police officer.
Speaker 6: It's I can't tell you this. This place with absolutely teeming with police. Now we have the ses tents still are, but not one police officer in sight.
Speaker 4: So we you're shocked by that, Christina, The media like once stretching their head wondering what's going on.
Speaker 6: We are absolutely lost. We're wondering have they moved the search area, have they got some information They're not telling us, but all they are saying is that this is still an active search.
Speaker 5: Imagine how harrowing that would be for the force and those members who are now, you know, having to search the area. Or a gunman who took down well three of their own, two of them fatally. It is an extraordinary situation.
Speaker 3: Hey, Christinahrne from Channel Nights Today Show. We'll let you go, Chris, but we appreciate your time this morning.
Speaker 6: Thanks christ But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're absolutely right, Clint.
Speaker 4: I feel for everyone involved in the Victoria Police, for their families, their friends, for those affected. I don't think anyone in the Victoria Police wouldn't be affected by this. You know that we love doing Probe the pop Poe in this show, and over the years we've met so many extraordinary men and women who put on their uniform every day to go and protect our community, and they would just all be feeling the heaviness of his tragedy this morning, So.
Speaker 3: Police remember and day around the corner as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I just thoughts are very much with you. And if you see a policeman out and about today. Give them a smile and say thank you because they really do work so hard and sacrifice so much to keep us safe.
Speaker 3: It is right on six thirty. Any developments we'll getting on the air for you throughout the morning here on Nover.
Speaker 5: I switched on Footy Classified last night. I was wondering whether they were going to talk about your drafting and your big debut this weekend for the big school footy match.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so if you don't know what we're talking about. At the very end of the show on Monday, Jase just threw out that last year, not even this year. Last year at the school dad's footy match, he got the call up.
Speaker 2: He thought it was to play, but it was to MC the halftime celebrations.
Speaker 3: It was the mum's kick competition because.
Speaker 2: There's the mum's longest kick halftime and we laugh and said, why didn't you get to play?
Speaker 4: Anyway, we've done some research, Clint, We've been doing some dinner and we think we've got him a jersey for the dad's footy match. It is school v school, but the dads have been training all year round.
Speaker 2: Jase has not. We're just going to get out there for a quarter.
Speaker 5: Yesterday now bulging.
Speaker 2: Now they're taking it very theory.
Speaker 3: That was my concern. These guys, like you mentioned, they train every weekend for one game. We had the leader of the pack, Jake on yesterday. I ran into him at school, big boy, a big boy, and he came run across the road.
Speaker 5: Well, he's on your team, he's your protector.
Speaker 3: And I said, Jake, I just want to point out, like, you know, I don't want the guys turning on me because I'm coming in last minute.
Speaker 2: So Jake sounds like the Boston's fine.
Speaker 3: He said, it's all good, mate, it's blown up in the group chat. Yes, it'll be a bit of fun. And then he turned away from the car and then he looked back and he goes, we've just got to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jake's And also.
Speaker 4: I was getting some d ms from other parents, can you stop? And they're saying, now, Jake is a serious dude. I heard Jake on he and Jake takes it very seriously. But we've got to get Jason out.
Speaker 5: Our inboxes have been flooded mine now. Also, just quickly, why aren't you in the WhatsApp Dad's group I.
Speaker 2: Was going to ask that because it's the footy group.
Speaker 5: Is he's been drafted?
Speaker 2: Now, the only one concern I have.
Speaker 4: I've got many I have many contents.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned that perhaps you're not conditioned.
Speaker 4: Like have have you got footy because if you don't have footy boots, you'ren to be slipped.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the weather on.
Speaker 3: The weather's it's not great?
Speaker 5: It's great.
Speaker 4: Well we also, I said, oh, this is the other thing because we made joke Clint saying, oh, if Jace gets a gig, we'll make a donation to the school.
Speaker 2: That's right, And Jake has followed up about the donation.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the Catholic church. They need it.
Speaker 2: We said, what if we pull a shift at.
Speaker 5: The cafe that yeah, great, I'll be on potato.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to sell there.
Speaker 3: So now you're working at the kid's school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the killer pathe the canteen and the footy game.
Speaker 3: Oh right, okay, I'm not going like ress.
Speaker 4: But I am going to earn you need the right equipment. We don't want you to get injured.
Speaker 2: Have you got boots?
Speaker 3: I do not have boots?
Speaker 2: Because it is there.
Speaker 4: Is a common occurrence when old men like, you're going in the old ben category because there's some young dads that ain't you. They go and they play extreme sports and they hurt themselves.
Speaker 3: Chris one of the dads. He's the basketball cotchucker. He did his shoulder last year in it deslicated, dislicated shoulder.
Speaker 5: I've dissicated shoulders not I've seen rescue.
Speaker 2: It looks painful and there's a lot of you.
Speaker 3: Get the green whistle though the car.
Speaker 2: Often pops for older unfit men.
Speaker 3: My calfs are in peak conditions.
Speaker 2: I know you love your car.
Speaker 3: I love my car.
Speaker 2: Your baby cow.
Speaker 5: People are like, don't touch the face. He'll be like, don't touch the cars.
Speaker 4: My friend cheese. He went back to play at the Mully Lions. He'd retired and hung up the and he went back to play one more game.
Speaker 3: It's when they go back to one.
Speaker 2: More game and he broke his arm. And he is a builder.
Speaker 3: I've never breaken a body break. I've never breaken a base.
Speaker 2: He's not going to break a bone. He's going to break hisself.
Speaker 5: You had a cast, you and a cast would be hilarious.
Speaker 2: No, I'll imagine the control freak wouldn't be in control.
Speaker 3: What about the stool of shame? You know we got a scooter. The scooter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's not make Jase feel better. Let's let's give him some risks that could happen. On thirteen twenty fourteen, and you're an adult who played sport too hard.
Speaker 2: And got an injury.
Speaker 4: What happened? What did you injure? How did you do it? Did you go back for one last game?
Speaker 2: Or I reckon? There'll be a lot of wives that will want to shame their husbands.
Speaker 3: We probably won't get any calls because these injuries don't happen.
Speaker 2: They do thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 4: If you're an adult, he's gone back and injured themselves, they've played too hard.
Speaker 5: I once played in an indoor mixed netball team and after many Carlton drafts, we decided it was a good time to hit the netball court and one of my mates dis not desiccated, rolled both ankles, not one, but two ankles.
Speaker 2: At the same time.
Speaker 3: Time. See, I would be that person that does these achilles when just flipping the coin, like that guy at the footy the other week.
Speaker 2: That would be me thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: Are you an adult who did a sporting injury, and in return, we've got two hundred dollars Archie Brothers about up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Tell us what happened.
Speaker 3: I got a text message from one of the mums at school last night, Tash her her little daughter is having a birthday party on Sad Day and she's thinking about canceling the birthday party just down, just so she can come to the dad's footy match and laugh and ridicule me from the sidelines.
Speaker 2: Well, Tush absolutely should cancel the birthday party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're invited, Tosh thirteen twenty four to ten. We're talking adult injuries.
Speaker 4: So Jase is going to go playing the dad's footy team. When was the last time he played a footy game?
Speaker 3: Chase under fourteenth?
Speaker 4: Okay, great, So we're concerns you might get an injury because it's not really conditioned.
Speaker 5: John stand away in a minute. My dad is the is the head trainer in Meloen foot club. I'm happy for him to strap you.
Speaker 7: What's that means?
Speaker 2: Strap your hammy so you don't tear a hammy?
Speaker 3: Ah shingo.
Speaker 2: We might have to wrap him up like a mummy.
Speaker 3: I was going to wear them reversed.
Speaker 2: Just to save you can wear a box to protect you.
Speaker 5: I don't need a box in footy.
Speaker 4: Sure it might be a few people wanting to kick you in the nuts, and that's your teammates, all right.
Speaker 2: Charlie and Rosebud, good morning.
Speaker 4: Did something happen to you when you tried to play sport as an adult?
Speaker 8: Absolutely did. I was playing field hockey, managed to make this great game saving interception at one nil down. My team ended up losing six to one and I managed to get a five and a half send to me a partial hamstering there.
Speaker 5: Oh five and a half hamstring.
Speaker 2: Oh but he did that game saving intercept. Worth it, Charlie.
Speaker 5: They lost, You lost?
Speaker 2: Said it was a game saving into it.
Speaker 3: For the other team.
Speaker 4: Ah, so it was losing all round, grown, poor Charlie.
Speaker 3: Bring it on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Jase Hawkien.
Speaker 4: Fight.
Speaker 3: I was on leaving in an ambulance. It's the paramedics clear.
Speaker 4: So Jason's going to play in the school dad's footy team and we just want to get him excited about it. So we thought we'd ask you on thirteen twenty fourteen, are you an adult who played sport too hard and got an injury.
Speaker 3: My friends are having a field. We just got text message from Nath saying do you want to go for a kick this afternoon? Yep, like we used to do in the COVID days, spicy marg in one handball and the other perfect.
Speaker 4: You can't be doing that at the school Dad's you'd have one after or you can have.
Speaker 2: It for practice.
Speaker 4: But I do think you should get some practice in because you need to get your legs conditioned.
Speaker 5: What are you concerned about? What part of the body? Seriously? No, seriously, is.
Speaker 3: It the achilles?
Speaker 5: The car?
Speaker 3: Like if the guy can Tearry's achilles flipping the coin at the forties?
Speaker 5: Also your little fingers. It's easy to dissicate a finger paneling sometimes who's going to find.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you have to like, oh you're easy to replace the finger.
Speaker 5: Back in in the socket.
Speaker 3: Car, No, I can't do that.
Speaker 2: And also we'll take him for an ice bath after.
Speaker 5: It was a player who disslicated his kneecap and he sat there he was like he was like actually putting it back in so he could get back and out.
Speaker 3: He trott Just a fun Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 5: It could be fun or it could end in listeners are going to tell you what they've done as adults playing sports.
Speaker 4: Hayden and Carnegie, good morning, What did you do as an adult and injured yourself?
Speaker 9: I'm a competitive powerless and in the middle of a squad, I fructured both hips hips the ideal both hips. I competed six weeks later at a national event. I come third.
Speaker 2: But hang on, So you went down and then you couldn't get back up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, that happens to me. And I'm not powerlifting. I'm just like, get me off the floor.
Speaker 9: I had one hundred and eighty seven holism of that. As I went down, both hips just gave out.
Speaker 5: Where was that on the pain scale?
Speaker 9: That was about a four?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're tough. Did you have to get to like full two?
Speaker 2: New hips?
Speaker 9: I'm too young?
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 9: This would happen when I was twenty five?
Speaker 5: How do you learn new hip?
Speaker 3: You give it two? Haven't you? Were you powerlifting?
Speaker 2: I was like, there was the competitive athlete in me?
Speaker 5: That of course it was.
Speaker 2: I was doing circus training on kids stuff.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing.
Speaker 5: Hello, Nick, good morning, what time? What injury did you do?
Speaker 10: So I'll start by saying I'm thirty seven and I've played sock in my whole life. I haven't played for about ten years, and I actually went back this year played for a club. First my back at training.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why I'm not training. Just save save it for.
Speaker 2: The game ten years later.
Speaker 4: This is the problem. We go back and we think we can do things.
Speaker 2: We used to do.
Speaker 3: I know I can't.
Speaker 4: You could never do it in the first place. Exactly, so you might surprise us.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 3: I retired at under fourteens because you started wearing metal studs and it was just too full on for me.
Speaker 2: What you couldn't bend down and.
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 2: Leticia? Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 2: Is there an adult injury in your house?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: So what was actually me?
Speaker 12: It was my dad. He went overseas for like with my mum and he decided to dive off a diving board. Now I do have to preciate. So he grew up with a pool, so he knew how to dive and everything. However, when he drove off his diving board, he hit the water and his shoulder dislocated, which ended in meeting surgery about six months later.
Speaker 2: How high was the diving board? Was it like a high rod.
Speaker 12: No, I'm pretty sure it was pretty low. Like I'm going to say below five meters.
Speaker 2: Five meters is pretty hard.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even go off the diving board in Mississippi's in ballet.
Speaker 2: I love that he had a pool growing No no, no.
Speaker 5: With a few under your belt as well.
Speaker 2: My course tsunami. If we went off, I said, we both of us doing a bomb. A bad idea. I don't believe they're allowed to have that in the nightclub.
Speaker 3: I don't think you and I are going on a holiday together to Barli to bomb dive together on diving boards.
Speaker 4: Doesn't spream us synchronizing diving and Mississippi all.
Speaker 3: The parents run the grabbing their kids in the pool.
Speaker 2: I actually can't believe that that is allowed to be a thing.
Speaker 5: Oh now, let him, let him go. There's a lifeguard there.
Speaker 3: There's been a few hurt.
Speaker 2: How high is that diving board to be a couple of meters, wouldn't it?
Speaker 3: Stephanovic's still own half for that joint?
Speaker 5: What does he?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, Mississippi's is it really? Stephanovic is the one.
Speaker 2: With I'm before the cars seeing there and he's been tanks English off the board.
Speaker 5: Should we finish it with Benny boy Benny, good morning morning or was it you yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Morning.
Speaker 11: I just had a little layoff from footy, so forty five. I went back to play after twenty two years of not doing a thing and I got into the third quarter in a practice match. Yes, snap, cheers.
Speaker 2: It's always the achilles.
Speaker 5: Is it really roll up the leg?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I went up the legs bit at surgery to repatch four day and wakes in the moonboot.
Speaker 3: Oh God, to.
Speaker 2: Be honest, you're not allowed to drive in a moonboot, are you?
Speaker 3: I'm not going to make the third quarter?
Speaker 2: Is your insurance up to date? When insurance just.
Speaker 3: In case this is employed to pay it?
Speaker 4: No, this is not a You're not playing in a nov team. You're playing in the school dads.
Speaker 3: I'm not checking, but I would check it case I can go.
Speaker 2: Wrong that achilles. They do say you feel it honestly.
Speaker 3: And also wet weather, wet weather or it takes a little bit of a little bit.
Speaker 5: Thing about the wet weather is that everyone's skills come back a bit.
Speaker 3: So have you saying the condition of the the condition of the field is not great.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 3: He was having a look at it yesterday.
Speaker 5: Steals he does put a bit hard under foot.
Speaker 2: Well yet not two potholes. I also just looked at the weather.
Speaker 4: It's not going to be sparkling condition for Jason's debut.
Speaker 3: It is three parts.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a top of thirteen.
Speaker 3: What did you say, Jason Lawrence Clinton here as well, Jason.
Speaker 1: Laws sixty k Coles grocery give away, Give it away, give it a week.
Speaker 3: Look, we've done some pretty cool stuff on this show, but I just know this is the one thing everyone needs at the moment, and this is very cool to be able to help people out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: We've got sixty thousand dollars in Coal's groceries to go.
Speaker 2: We've already given away about ten.
Speaker 4: Thousand bucks worth of groceries in the last couple of days, but there is still fifty grand to go.
Speaker 2: And what a difference one thousand dollars in groceries.
Speaker 3: Yes, And can I just say to the people that win this, treat yourself by like the nice cheese or something like that. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, get yourself some linked why go to Capri and also.
Speaker 5: Do it online. I was slepping around the shops last night.
Speaker 3: I love going in a delivery.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a delivery VI.
Speaker 4: I've got a cold livery coming at ten o'clock this morning to my house.
Speaker 3: Yeah see, I was in the coals downstairs. We've got one below us here at Nova New they got like the coffee machine everything in there as well.
Speaker 13: And.
Speaker 5: Pastor bar as well.
Speaker 3: I very impressive little gelato cones.
Speaker 2: All right, did you hear the Colls delivery.
Speaker 4: Driver, because if you did, now is the time to call to win one of those calls vouchers.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phones. Thirteen twenty four ten, Hello Jody, Hello, how are you? We are good, you're better, you are a winner.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. It means so much.
Speaker 12: Sweet at the moment with my house and off work and a family of seven to feet race night, So thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Gee wie the family seven and how old are the kids.
Speaker 6: Jody twenty to twenty and sixteen? So the boys eat a lot and the girls eat a lot. Really good, So thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're so welcome, Jody.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we can help.
Speaker 4: Let's go again. Let's go to Packingham. Jade, good morning, good.
Speaker 12: Morning, oh my goodness, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Jay, tell me about your family situation.
Speaker 3: I'm a single mom of five growing boys, so it helps me a lot.
Speaker 2: What will one thousand dollars in groceries do for you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: It be absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations, thousand bucks coming your way.
Speaker 5: And as we said before, buy something nice for yourself.
Speaker 3: You know, like you're a single mum. I have no doubt your whole life will be dedicated to bringing these kids up. Treat yourself. Thank you so much. Get the nice olives, Dull, Get the nice.
Speaker 4: Olives, Jade. A thousand dollars in groceries.
Speaker 5: Those olives that are stuffed with fetter, and they're beautiful.
Speaker 2: I like the little peppers that are.
Speaker 5: Film a pizza stuff drowning in olive oil.
Speaker 3: Guys, here's the good news coming up. After eight wrong with us.
Speaker 2: We're hungry, hungry hundred you can tell them.
Speaker 3: We're going to continue our sixty k Coals grocery giveaway. Remember shop Coals deliver more an extended range, on time delivery and next to no substitutes. You can chop online or in the app, available in select areas only. We're gonna shift gears. Coming up. We'll update your run to work and we'll get the latest on this for the government.
Speaker 2: Who killed scene about three hours out of Victoria.
Speaker 4: Our hearts are very very heavy this morning and our thoughts very much with everyone affected by this terrible tragedy.
Speaker 3: And it is ongoing. We will cross to the location and get the latest on what's happening next here on Nover. Good morning, Melbourne. Tell you what, there'll be some happy people at the West Coast footy team this morning.
Speaker 5: What about that Harley Reed who for all intents and purposes was going to skip down, was going to go well, Hawthorne was leading the race if you believe the trade scuttle butt.
Speaker 2: Well do you say shouldn't have believed it?
Speaker 5: No, he has re signed with the Eagles a two year extension worth up to two million dollars a year.
Speaker 4: That's nice just to play footy.
Speaker 2: I mean they make.
Speaker 4: A lot of money. Interesting watching these footballers run around the club.
Speaker 3: I know, I get that.
Speaker 5: Here's the interesting thing.
Speaker 2: You put your body on.
Speaker 5: This takes him to twenty twenty eight. And in twenty twenty eight, what happens the Tasmanian Devils come in?
Speaker 2: Oh, but is that maybe not happening?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it's they haven't got a home ground yet put it that way. So, but I think it will happen right a country, Victoria.
Speaker 4: Have you got some intel that that has done a two year deal because he's going to get ten.
Speaker 5: You know, you sort of have to join the dots sometimes, and that's where the dots are leading us. And then tonight Wednesday, two years.
Speaker 4: A short deal like normally with big players on that much money, they want them for long.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well they made over it and killed and just signed for two as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mugine if they both went to the tazzy devils a sudden, we're on the devil. Oh my god, talking about NATS. So the other day when he got a cramp, I thought he'd done his knee.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's just on this. My heart just stopped. I think surely a lot.
Speaker 4: Of people did he wouldn't it We had a terrible cramp.
Speaker 5: Didn't he just quickly? Wednesday night, foot, I know that you're very I know this is weird. Tonight Bomber's taken on the sun Carrara.
Speaker 2: Wow, what where's Carrara?
Speaker 5: It's a Gold Coast stadium.
Speaker 3: Not since Hood's opened on the Gold Coast has it gone off on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: You should you are? You are part of the fabric of the class.
Speaker 3: Does your swipe card still get you in? Up there?
Speaker 5: You're part of the inaugural season.
Speaker 2: Where's car that's part of the inaugural season.
Speaker 5: I think it's called now People's Choice Stadium. What yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, by People's Choice Wednesday night game on the Goldie Well, I shan't be watching that.
Speaker 5: I'll be I think the gold Coasts.
Speaker 2: So we need who do we need? If the gold Coast win, the Bulldogs are out?
Speaker 5: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: Oh, then I'm going to bear it for the Essendon the.
Speaker 5: Bombers.
Speaker 2: The dog is in the finals.
Speaker 3: Wow, that'll be what the.
Speaker 5: Dog is Victoria.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's just gone eighteen away, guys, we're shifting gear. Coming up next, we're going to cross to Christina Hern from Channel nine to Today Show to get the latest on this tragic story. Two police officers dead, one in hospital and the man hunt continues. All the details next on over.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, we were just talking about people and during the dating time, it does happen that sometimes one person might be courting dating several people crossover. Now, there are some celebrities who have been caught up in this Zoe Kravitz loves Zoe Kravitt, Zoe Kravitz Lenny Kravitz's daughter, But wasn't she dating or married to Jason.
Speaker 5: Married Magic Mike?
Speaker 3: Feel like they all just sleep together in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: They don't.
Speaker 4: Recent well, recently, she was caught in Parents in the City of Love with none other than one of our favorites.
Speaker 2: Cl you do it in the voice, Austins.
Speaker 10: But.
Speaker 7: His voice is so handsome.
Speaker 2: Sounds like Yogi Bear.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: Sort of you start halftime like Donald Trump and anyway, Austin Butler, and then lo and behold. TikToker has caught her walking in arm with none other than Harry Styles.
Speaker 2: I want what she's having thor how's she? How's she poring all these guys?
Speaker 4: Now, apparently this TikToker went up to Harry before he realized it was with Zokrabit's ask for a photo with Harry and he said, look, I'm on a day off, I'm having some private time today. Was very kind to her, had a conversation, just didn't want to be photographed. She then filmed from behind and it's as they're walking off and it's no wonder he wanted to be private.
Speaker 3: Hand in hand.
Speaker 5: I'm in arm yeah, yeah, just before you do. Who wins, Lauren?
Speaker 3: Ah, it's Harry, Who would you?
Speaker 2: Harry?
Speaker 5: Well, I see every day of I think Austin's more you like, I.
Speaker 2: Think too intimidated by Austin.
Speaker 3: Your watermelon sugar.
Speaker 4: Imagine just standing in the crowd. Well, Harry sung watermelon sugar. Oh my god said that's a tough tough.
Speaker 3: Have you had tow on the go at once?
Speaker 2: Father in mornings?
Speaker 13: And good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 9: How are you going?
Speaker 2: We're good?
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 2: It's very own Alston Butler Tyler, Yes.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 13: It was early in the relationship, but early early days when we had on Tinder, swiping left and swiping right, and then speaking to a couple of them, and one shown a bit more interest right early days, and then so I was leaning towards the other one and lo and behold, after getting you know, quite close with them, both of them, and yeah, realize it's the family man as barbecue actually, and they were sisters.
Speaker 3: Surely you know from the last name.
Speaker 2: You don't get a last name on Tinder.
Speaker 5: Don't you know?
Speaker 2: Not that I know, I don't think.
Speaker 3: So did you rock up at the barbecue and they were both in.
Speaker 5: There and did you have a decision to make or did you get sort of dumped by both?
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, I got dumb by boat, but then rekindled with my current partner. Still about it now.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's what does the what does the city in law think?
Speaker 11: Well, it's awkward.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, that's not your fault, Like you didn't know the last names, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I think on the act that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Or someone's called it anonymously, this would be good anonymous hello.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello. You've had two on the go at once you get But this.
Speaker 14: Was way back in the day before any app so it was more like you go out bars. Ye, that's the way that you met people. So I had met two guys at the same time and I thought, you know what, I'm to start dating both of them and just say it goes. And then one night, I don't know how it happened, we both all three of us ended up at the same night club.
Speaker 2: So you always get busted. There's no social media back.
Speaker 14: But still I didn't get busted though, so what and it was a small nightclub. It was off the square dance floor. I had one on one end at the bar, I had the other one on the other end.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you were like, missus doubtfire changing out.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 14: And I had my girlfriend with me, so that kids, you know, one was they meant to change? Well, I often have a drink with the other one and then swap over.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: Oh that sounds were you and were you pashing both of them?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 14: And at the end of the night, one left before the other one, and he gave me a ring and oh my god, like the wedding ring. Yes, a promised ring.
Speaker 2: The one that left early or the one that stayed gave you the ring?
Speaker 14: The one that left early. However, the one that lefts late. He's the one I ended up marrying.
Speaker 2: Does he know about that faithful night?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: I love you. You're amazing when you're still together. Good on you, miss That's what about.
Speaker 3: The promise ring? You took the promise ring?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 14: I gave us back in the end.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do that, but I found moral.
Speaker 14: Anything.
Speaker 2: It was the early datings.
Speaker 5: Can we chuck your husband?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: No, Well, good morning Melbourne, Welcome to you Wednesday footy tonight. That's going to be strange on a Wednesday and.
Speaker 4: The last game of the season before the finals. It's a little bonus game. But if the Sun's winner in the finals, if the Suns lose, the Dogs are in the final. Finally got my head around, and the Suns tonight and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Our five K player is Alana, who is a Doggies fair Doggies, but tonight you're an Essendon fan. Alana.
Speaker 13: Right, oh, I'm praying, but I'm not very hopeful on.
Speaker 3: The five K question or the game tonight.
Speaker 4: Ohty both right? Okay, all right, Alana, Well let's get you into the five K question. I believe you want to play for five hundred dollars today.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 13: Five hundred dollars, okay, Alana.
Speaker 3: Rules are simple. You will hear a question and then you will hear a three to two one. You have to answer within that three seconds. Ok okay, I got this straight away.
Speaker 2: Good luck. I didn't really no, I didn't know this.
Speaker 3: You got a couple of kids, don't you.
Speaker 14: That's three kids, three boys?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I reckon you a chance here?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 3: All right, okay, focus five one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: What instrument does Lizzo famously play two?
Speaker 3: It's up, It's the flat.
Speaker 6: Would not.
Speaker 3: Upset?
Speaker 4: That's her playing at the Library of Congress's Great Hall.
Speaker 3: Ye lives over the floats.
Speaker 2: I'm playing since she was ten.
Speaker 3: The video clips and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Apparently she started at.
Speaker 4: The flat.
Speaker 3: Alana, thanks you for giving giving her a crack. You know what, don't go away empty handed. You've got a couple of kids. How about we hook you up with the two and Archie brothers a voucher.
Speaker 10: Oh amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Enjoy that, Alana? All all right?
Speaker 4: Coming up next, Jason is playing in the school dad's footy game. We have confirmation of it, but we have to get him through some hurdles first we.
Speaker 5: Do some music. Just come across my desk as well.
Speaker 2: Terrific team update. But Tyler Swift and Els you're engaged.
Speaker 4: If you're just waking up to that news, Happy engagement day to all those celebrating missus Taylor Swift's love story.
Speaker 3: Tramas Kelsey's dad has been chatting this morning. He's come out saying Travis was trying to find the perfect time and perfect way to do it.
Speaker 12: You know, the perfect way to ask her and.
Speaker 7: To make it special.
Speaker 3: And we kept trying to tell him, when you do it, that's what makes it special.
Speaker 14: So spread on where.
Speaker 3: Just get it done.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's such dad advice, isn't it. Just get it done?
Speaker 3: Think well.
Speaker 4: Congratulations and happy engagement day to all of us who are celebrating Taylor and Traumas's engagement.
Speaker 3: Now to commiserations, Jakin, why am I leaving in an ambulance.
Speaker 5: Where you could be?
Speaker 2: We're just not sure.
Speaker 4: Jason's Jase's playing in the Dad's match, the school dad's footy game, of which he didn't know existed until last week.
Speaker 5: He's been drafted in.
Speaker 2: We've found it out. I found out about it.
Speaker 4: The dads have been training for a year for this one day, and you're just going to swarm him.
Speaker 3: Don't love it, don't you know? That's what I'm worried about, all right. I don't want to do this. I feel like all the dads are going to hate me. The anxiety I have at school pickup this week because of you two.
Speaker 4: Everyone everyone's in support, everyone's getting around.
Speaker 5: Saturday afternoon it's been set down for and we'll all be there Melbourne.
Speaker 4: You might as well table on to thirteen degrees and pouring with great condition.
Speaker 5: I've had some news come across my desk, breaking news. There's some team news.
Speaker 3: Are you on the team chat?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm on many chats?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where on all the people just keep inun.
Speaker 5: Dating Laura and I with the no one talking to me. We've told them to keep away from you. Apparently apparently there is about ten to twelve x AFL players playing in this game.
Speaker 2: I know that many XAFL players at the school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. Like Felix, my eleven year older set was a dad. Some of them have played football before we.
Speaker 5: Played at the highest level.
Speaker 2: Well, this is one of the mums who's messaged.
Speaker 4: Me, please get Jase to play for the school dads. We're all going to come down. We'd love to see you down there. I'm a mum at the school. We've heard you talking about on the radio. Another one saying, Lauren, you must get Jase to play. I'm a school dad. Another one saying, I'm absolutely loving the dad's footy g up for Jase this week. I run the dad's events at the school, so I'm glad. I'm in touch with you because and now we can talk about all the time.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The thing is, with all.
Speaker 4: Those tough footy players, Jase, we're concerned that everyone wants to be a hero, and we don't want you to come into work on Monday with no teeth.
Speaker 2: So we've got you an over red mouthguard.
Speaker 5: Oh great, I need a mouthguard.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Try that now, No, no, no, it's.
Speaker 2: Going in the boiling water. You have to do the rest of this greak.
Speaker 5: We did as kids with your mount before we went to oz kick or to you would have had one, Lauren for hockey, ie hockey, okay, field hockey. So what you do? You get this from the chemist and you put it in boiling hot water and it molds. Once you put it in your gob it molds to your teeth.
Speaker 2: Used to make me gag, So it's careful.
Speaker 4: That's boiling sweater, it's hot, a mold to your teeth.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's been in there for ten seconds. So now you have to take it out.
Speaker 4: With the spoon and shove it in and then.
Speaker 5: You've got to leave it in.
Speaker 4: Okay, mouthguard immediately into position and firmly but gently to obtain an open bite.
Speaker 5: Top of the chumps and it goes, or now you got it.
Speaker 2: Now here goes.
Speaker 4: You can read the instructions from step six while you've got it in.
Speaker 5: Get your fingers and trace it around.
Speaker 2: Read the instructions out loud.
Speaker 4: Once in position, take the guard, Suck the guard, suck it in, Lick the guard, stick.
Speaker 2: The guard into Why are you not moving your bottom teap?
Speaker 5: No, you've got to speak.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's going to push it. It's using the tongue. Use your fingers, maybe your fingers.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, suck the guard into life.
Speaker 3: Mold the guard around the side of the take the four finger.
Speaker 4: Get molded around the side. Sure, you have to keep that in for ten minutes.
Speaker 5: Ten minutes so you can do the rest of the brain.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking it seriously. Ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Wasn't correctly guard. M hmm. We'll be for your protection.
Speaker 2: It's designed for your protection.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: About you, but he's speaking much better, speaking proper sentences.
Speaker 2: That's what I sound like when I got a bed with fine planning.
Speaker 5: You're going to keep that in, big boy?
Speaker 4: Okay, So, oh my gosh, it's what you've got. No top lip as we know, and now you've really.
Speaker 3: I need to filler.
Speaker 5: Now you've got to promise to keep that in because we don't want to take you to East Bentley Dental Group on Monday.
Speaker 4: Okay, now he's got the no over read in so that's going to be nice and subtle for when you run out on the field. Now, now you've got that, you just know his gagging. You just need to go close to the ball.
Speaker 2: Do you think you're going to how many touches here going to get done?
Speaker 5: Hey? What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: What position are you hoping to play? Sorry?
Speaker 15: Forward?
Speaker 2: I think that was okay?
Speaker 5: Who do you model your game on? What player? What player do you admire?
Speaker 2: And should we get you some Mason co Cox, Mason Cox.
Speaker 3: Class, thanks for finishing that same player like Nick dast up Or. I think Tom hawklam that playing the minor league more.
Speaker 4: Okay. I think it's enough because you're gonna wear a helmet because you wear the hat. You know, you can't wear your hat because concussions.
Speaker 5: You know, concussions happen all the time.
Speaker 2: Wear a band headband's Bailey Smith.
Speaker 4: He's more concerned about showing off his receding hairline than he's protecting all right, Well, we've got some more coming your way tomorrow for the Dad's foot match.
Speaker 2: To get you prepared.
Speaker 4: He keeps like, when we're not on here going hey, gods, have you sort of my jersey yet?
Speaker 2: You've got my footy boots, You've got my socks and my pant my shorts. So we'll get it all for you so you.
Speaker 5: Can practice it another six minutes in there.
Speaker 2: Run around in your cleats tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Do you hoard your own song?
Speaker 2: You need to learn the song? Yeah, yeah, we'll find this.
Speaker 3: Can you throw the brake? It's a bit of a mood it is today.
Speaker 5: Melbourne's heavy hearts, especially in the Victoria Police Force, because they have lost two of their own. Two police officers at work yesterday morning, gunned down in Poorpunker. And this is a situation that has got so many consequences for so.
Speaker 4: Many and it's still unfolding. I know, I was watching the news last night. I got really upset watching the news last night like these. We're very close to the Victoria Police in here. They come in every couple of weeks. We've met so many incredible men and women in the police force who turn up to work proud of their jobs to protect our community day in and day out, and losing one of their own hits. The police and the entire community very very hard.
Speaker 3: Chief Commissioner Mike Bush, who's only just recently moved here to Victoria, he was in on the show a couple of weeks ago, and he was on location and spoke last night.
Speaker 15: Firstly, I want to acknowledge how fine and brave officers that'd lost their lives today and the line of duty police officers went to execute a search weren't at that address. They were murdered in cold blood.
Speaker 4: They were murdered in cold blood, and that is hard to hear. It sends goosebumps down spine.
Speaker 5: There are families impacted this morning.
Speaker 3: And also the community, like one of the detectives was actually in that region and he's.
Speaker 5: Ready for retirement, prime for retirement.
Speaker 3: And everyone in those small towns know each other.
Speaker 5: I remember my grandmother, who's who's still with us. She told us grandkids that she was never never more concerned than when my grandfather, who was a sergeant of police, left for work each day because she she knew that the consequences of his job protecting people were that you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's funny say that's what I was thinking about this morning. I was just striving to work. If I had a police officer in our family, saying goodbye to them as they head off to work today would be so hard.
Speaker 4: Well, my Paul, my fiance, Paul, his dad was a police officer in the Queensland Police. We have many friends here in the Victorian Police, and we have a lot of friends in the Queensland Police as well. And so last night I sat down to write a bit of a letter to the Victorian Police who are hurting so badly today. To our friends at Victoria Police, our hearts are heavy and our hearts are hurting with you today. Yesterday's events have left so many of us shaken, but none more than those who wear the uniform and the families who stand beside them in moments like this. Words can seem so small, but we want you to know how deeply grateful we are for your courage, for your service, and for your sacrifice. Every day you step into situations that most of us could never imagine, carrying the weight of protecting others on your shoulders. You do it not for recognition, but because you believe in the safety and well being of our community. That is a strength, a duty, and a compassion that deserves the utmost respect.
Speaker 2: To the families of our officers, thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you for your silent sacrifices, the missed dinners, the anxious waiting, the prayers that you, no doubt whisper to yourselves when your loved ones walk out the door to work. You share this burden too, and we honor you for that. Our hearts are with the families and the friends affected by yesterday's tragic events. As a community, we stand with you in your grief and we honor your courage. Please know that you are not alone, and that your service and your pain are seen and felt by all of us. No police officer should leave for work without the certainty of coming home safely when their day is done. To our friends at Victoria Police, from all of us here at NOVA, and to the wider police community, we see you, we honor you, and we stand with you, and from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you.
Speaker 7: That's beautiful. I'm not said Bolz.
Speaker 5: That's a beautiful message and a beautiful reminder about the the risks involved.
Speaker 3: And you brought up this morning, and I think This is so just if you're out about today and you see a police officer.
Speaker 4: Just smile and say thank you, because men and women go to work every day to protect us and what we saw yesterday was just so horrific.
Speaker 2: And our thoughts are with everyone affected by this trugy.
Speaker 3: Let's recap your news this morning.
Speaker 5: The Chief Commissioner of Police, Mike Bush, is currently fronting a media conference at the Victoria Police Center. He had this to say in regards the situation which is unfolding still to this minute in poor Punker in regional Victoria. So they are looking for this fifty six year old Desi Freeman, who is a conspiracy theorist and so called sovereign citizen. He is still at large, He's heavily armed, it's not a hostage situation. His wife and two kids have presented to police. And also terrifying that poor Punker, the town itself of one thousand people, is still in virtual lockdown.
Speaker 2: So he's telling people from the to stay inside indoors.
Speaker 3: Is Chief Commissioner Mike Bush, who just spoke, I.
Speaker 15: Can assure everyone that we are pouring every resource into this search for this person, all of our specialist resources, are there to make this happen. The hunt will continue until we find him.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, it's horrific.
Speaker 5: Jeez. It's worth noting that Mike Bush, newly appointed Chief Commissionaries, is dealing this with this situation which is unfolding, in a very cool manner. He's very closed and they are throwing every resource at it. I mean, the terrain in that part of the world, up near the high Country is just extraordinary difficult. I mean, this, this bloke, you know, this hideous creature, could be anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's only a matter of time till they get him. Hey, we'll keep you updated. On nov. It is just gone eleven to nine. Guys, let's light the mood and help some people out.
Speaker 2: Let's give away some groceries.
Speaker 4: We've got sixty thousand dollars of coals groceries to go.
Speaker 3: That's right. You can shop Coals deliver More for an extended range, on time delivery and next to no substitutes. Shop online or in the app. Available in select areas only thirteen twenty four to ten thousand bucks worth the groceries groceries you want it, Call now on nov.
Speaker 2: Shop Coals deliver More for an extended range, on time delivery.
Speaker 14: And next to no substitutes.
Speaker 2: Shop online or in the app. Available in select areas only.
Speaker 1: Jason Lewes sixty j Coal's grocery.
Speaker 5: Giveaway, Give it away, give it a green.
Speaker 3: Here we're going to some good news us Melburnians need. Let's do it Agamets and Corls have given as sixty K Where the groceries to give away? We want to hook you up Melbourne thirteen twenty four ten is our number to score a thousand bucks? Where the groceries?
Speaker 4: Bellinda in Mansfield, Good morning, goos morning. Who do you want a thousand dollars worth of groceries for?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 6: My daughter being your mum with three children?
Speaker 2: And what sort of difference with one thousand dollars in groceries? Mate?
Speaker 14: Oh and the flute old Florence.
Speaker 2: Oh Belinda, great mum.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, love us so much. She does a wonderful job.
Speaker 2: She's a nurse.
Speaker 11: Work with the three kids.
Speaker 14: Them here.
Speaker 3: Well, Belinda, you give her a ring and tell her that you've scored her one thousand bucks. Whether groceries are right there?
Speaker 14: Oh, thank you so much, guys, love you love your show.
Speaker 2: Oh you're so welcome. Thanks for listening to.
Speaker 3: That for Ammy Vanessa. Hello, Hello, welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Hey Videssa, we got a thousand dollars worth of groceries for you.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, that is that is so good that that makes such a big difference to the monthly budget, especially when you've got three kids that eat like horse. That is amazing.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: A mum thing to say is now I remember my mum saying you do it like horses. Let's go to Jess in Chelsea morning. You've got two kids two and four.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh no, we lost the Jess.
Speaker 2: We got your partner's working here.
Speaker 4: Seven days a week to keep your family afloat.
Speaker 14: I believe, yes, it's been so hard.
Speaker 2: How much will one thousand dollars in groceries help?
Speaker 14: You have no idea in the world to us.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jess, well done. Go and buy yourself something nice because that is coming.
Speaker 5: Away, filly.
Speaker 3: How incredible is this right? We are going to be doing this every single day, but on Fridays it's a five thousand Friday. So if you didn't get through on the phone, all you have to do is hit up and over FM. Go to the website. You put your details in there and then on Friday, not only will we be offloading thousand dollars shopping sprees on the phones, we will ring someone who's registered and say, hey, is five k to drop a call.
Speaker 4: We know that fat Their phones are going crazy. So if you can't get through, or even if you do get the folks, jump online there and put your details.
Speaker 2: In a week we'll be calling you back.
Speaker 4: Now we've given away fifteen thousand dollars groceries to go three days.
Speaker 5: Thanks to the team at Coles.
Speaker 3: It's done real more to go tomorrow and over right across Melbourne. This is over one hundred. Good morning, you're on the air with Jason Lauren. We're doing a thanks to shell A Ready Express. Can I do a quick shout out?
Speaker 5: Go for it.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday to the.
Speaker 2: Missus, Happy birthday to Louie.
Speaker 5: It's a big day for her, big day for you as well, because you've got to get it all right.
Speaker 2: Now talk to me. I know the gift is plant.
Speaker 4: The gift is done, which I'm impressed about with thank you, because sometimes there's a bit of a mad panic to leave me.
Speaker 3: Now this year I said I'm going to get ahead of it, didn't.
Speaker 2: I well done, thank you? And are you doing something special today for lou his birthday?
Speaker 3: So I'm going to meet her and the kids in the city. They were sick, they couldn't go to school, so we're gonna do a big family lunch and then I'll take the three year old home, and she's gonna take the other two to see Annie the.
Speaker 4: Musical person Comba make a baby on their birthday.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to take the boys to see Annie, and I'm like, let's not take three year old. He'll be a night mare. He'll climb up.
Speaker 5: I would to that.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 3: It's a family thing.
Speaker 4: Well you're not going Why are you sitting through any chele babysit, Archie and you could go to Annie.
Speaker 3: Because I've got things to do, because then I'm going to race home and don't anything.
Speaker 2: Don't ruin any support have you got?
Speaker 4: He's going to get himself nude and turn into a sushi pad like sex in the city.
Speaker 5: That is a mental cheapie. None of us need it. On a Wednesday morning for Jace nude on a sushi platter.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 5: The city.
Speaker 2: Do you not remember that same Thank you for being.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Remember when you turned forty and she got you forty gifts for forty years?
Speaker 2: Have you done something similar?
Speaker 5: Is this her fortieth No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, that's the root.
Speaker 2: You can't answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah for every year? Yeah, I do know, I do, of course, I know. She's forty two.
Speaker 2: Ish, go down, take ten, soenter go thirty eight.
Speaker 3: She's thirty eight, is she? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anyway, so did you get a gift for every year?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, not this time. I just focused on a very nice gift. Anyway, I've got things to pick up.
Speaker 2: You've got a cake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a little there's a little kick up with that or No, I ordered something and then I got a phone call last night.
Speaker 2: Definitely not the main the mushroom ice cream cake cake. Yeah, yeah, mushrooms that's not in.
Speaker 3: I got a phone call from the place last night, seeing we're actually not open tomorrow. I'm like, well, why did you take the order online?
Speaker 2: There's holes in this story?
Speaker 5: Cake shop.
Speaker 3: Eating the cake yesterday? Right, Anyway, we've got to go.
Speaker 2: I've gotta get a cake. We'll get a cake. We can get it.
Speaker 3: I've got a cake. I'm all across it, all.
Speaker 2: Right, telling porky pies.
Speaker 3: Have I got pies as well? Have a great day or we'll see tomorrow. Bye, Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials