Speaker 1: I just hope you know, marriage is a serious thing. Yeah, it is actually a serious thing. And like, I hope you don't make any mistakes. Like I really pray and hope that you don't do anything to hurt Tammy.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to hurt Tammy. I have no intention of hurting Tommy.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Welcome to Where's Your Head At. We're joined by my future sister in laws, Amy and Emily Hembro. Hey guys, hi, Hi, welcome to Where's Your Head At? Thank you for coming in and being a part of this.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having us, Thanks for having us.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey guys, look lovely. I will say, like, you're both looking stunning.
Speaker 4: Thank you. You guys really nice.
Speaker 5: I love the heart.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm hiding my freshly tattooed brows. That's why we've got the hat, and then that's hiding his I call it a pineapple cut right now, it's looking a little pineapples.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to grow up.
Speaker 3: Back. We're both hiding stuff. That's okay. You guys are how many siblings are there?
Speaker 1: There's seven of us seven, there's five girls and two boys.
Speaker 2: Well, we had your dad on so he had Amy, Emily, and then Tammy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then our stepdad for the younger four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, the eldest. How is it being the eldest of seven A lot?
Speaker 6: I'm very protective, very protective over like everyone. I feel like I take on every one problems, which hasn't been good for me in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I get too involved in their lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a hard one. I feel like I do that as well. Maybe it's an older sibling thing I think it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, where's your head out, guys, mine's a bit all over the place at the moment.
Speaker 5: There's a lot going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there is a lot going on.
Speaker 1: But amongst that, I'm really just trying to center myself.
Speaker 4: I'm being.
Speaker 2: I like that laughed as well.
Speaker 4: Because it's hectic time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I know my energy, I've got to keep it centered and calm.
Speaker 5: I'm doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: Do you get me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You absolutely. How do you guys do it all? Because you both have a really successful business called skin Is that right? So that's beauty a beauty clinic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, about two of them.
Speaker 3: You have two? Where are they loafing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So Bundle and Rabina on the concourst with injectibles facials.
Speaker 4: I AM's natural path.
Speaker 6: It's like holistic beauty and wellness because obviously, like the gut and your skin and everything is connected.
Speaker 5: So we also do lymphatic drainage, have a natural path that treats out of.
Speaker 4: There as well. You should come in.
Speaker 3: I would love to.
Speaker 2: I went in for one and it was really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw Matt's tik tok and that face I've never seen at.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are like this is so central and.
Speaker 5: I but it like yea, Honestly, I like to say they're really nurturing.
Speaker 6: So I think that feel like you need, like I don't know, if you're a little bit emotional, feeling a little bit fragile. That's when I also like to get a facial because it's like that time where I can really shut my mind off and I feel like they're just there to look after.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got a facial and therapy for me because they usually make me get off my phone and like do a few deep breaths, and I'm like, I really needed that same.
Speaker 3: Yes, I actually went I got my head like blow dry the other day and at the start of I'm going to say the experience, because it really felt like an experience. They put some I think essential oils like right beside my face and made me take a couple of deep breaths and I was like, oh, this is lovely, just like those small things that really like changes the whole experience.
Speaker 2: And it makes you come back experience and just getting your hair blows dried.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what we try to do, create an experience.
Speaker 2: I did have an experience and when it came out and like, you are scented.
Speaker 3: Relaxed, but no, what I was going to say before was you guys have two stores, You guys are super busy, you're both mums. How do you do it all? I don't.
Speaker 5: Stressed all over the place.
Speaker 6: I think it's like trying figure out my priorities and also like protecting my own energy and making sure that I'm putting value where it needs to be in my life. I think I've been really bad at that in the past, getting to invest it in my sister's lives and what they're doing, and then it affecting my life. So now I'm just kind of like tunnel vision, like this is what I'm doing, this is what's important to me, and then I focus in on that and then having a really good support system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've preached you in the past, like to say no to things, and like it's okay to say no and like put yourself first, because Amy would you know, think of oh this, which is so nice, but like kind of a little bit too much before herself.
Speaker 5: So that's I'm the biggest apartment.
Speaker 6: I will like if my sister is going through a hard time and she's hurting, then I'm all of a sudden like can't sleep.
Speaker 5: I'm like I need to help her, and yeah, a lot.
Speaker 6: And then I literally a couple of years back, had to go to a therapist about it because I was like, this is like controlling my life. She was like, you need to start putting yourself first. So yeah, that's really cute though, that is lovely.
Speaker 5: It's a lot. I think Aurora's got it too. She cries and like everything she watches on to the song plays in the car and I turn around. She's literally got.
Speaker 2: And she's looking out the window.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh no, she's inherited this from me.
Speaker 2: What about you, Emily? Any tips for managing at.
Speaker 1: All having a good support team around you, whether that's a babysitter, nanny, family members, your partner, whoever it is, Because I think routine is really important for being like organized and having the help and getting the help where you can, whether it's like even with like household like chores and cleaning or meal preps or whatever it is in your life so that you can then focus on the things that's going to you know, be the best by you doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I try to be really organized, and I do have great support around me with.
Speaker 4: The kids and their activities and.
Speaker 1: Things like that, so I just then have time to like get what's important done. But there's no sleep, you know, and it's stressful. But I think that comes with being an entrepreneur and owning your own business. Like I think online now these days, everyone like wants to be an entrepreneur and a girl boss and like own your own business. But it's freaking hard and a lot of people don't show like the struggles you go through the risk that you take opening your own business. Like we're opening COVID and spend so much money and there's so much risks that then goes onto us, which is so much stress. So it's not like what people think like Girl Boss. It's like sleepless nights.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and nobody's going to care as much as you do about your own business, so it is a lot of pressure and if no one else is showing.
Speaker 5: Up, you have to show up.
Speaker 6: So yeah, a lot of people don't see like the tears and the like really late nights or me and Emily like painting in clinic, like the night before opening, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, the block.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we painted our own canvases. We were like all out of funds, and I was like Amy, you get like Rory was outside the front with her kids, Emma was watching mine and we were painting them ourselves, and people actually compliment them and they're like where They're like it's for sale ten thousand dollars famous artists.
Speaker 3: I mean from Italy. Oh, It's so true, Like there's so much that goes into having your own business, and unfortunately, even if you were to show like a little bit of the hard stuff, people mainly show like the Girl Boss and like I'm killing it and I'm doing so well, but it's so stressful. It's so hard. How is it being in business with your sister? Does that cause conflict? Like how do you guys get along as co founders?
Speaker 4: I actually really love it.
Speaker 1: I was really worried at the beginning because I always saw Amy and Tammy fight like NonStop when she worked with Tammy at Saskia and they were like non stop, like drama.
Speaker 2: Did you get fired?
Speaker 5: No, so that it's like a weird thing. She used to fire me like every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah one time, then one time.
Speaker 5: And she was literally like are you coming back?
Speaker 6: And I was like no, but everyone's like, oh my god, she fired you, and it's like this was not a new like yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was a little like worried, but I knew how smart Amy was and I really wanted to do a business with her, so at the beginning I was unsure. But we have a lot of ups and downs, and like we're polar opposites as well, so.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a yin and yang.
Speaker 1: But I think that like really benefits our business, and like we look at the business from two different like personalities, So I think it really benefits, But there are times where, like, you know, like I kicked her out of.
Speaker 4: The car a couple of weeks ago, like on the side of the road. I really did.
Speaker 1: I feel you can't do that with friends, Like you can't come back from that with a friend.
Speaker 2: How did you get out of the car?
Speaker 4: You just like, well, I didn't like kick her.
Speaker 1: I just just physically kissed a main road or not a main road, she told mom A main road by the way, I got told I told a main road as well, speaking why kindy? So you pulled off a road and I said you can get out, And then two minutes later, actually was trying to call you, but you blocked me, and I was going to get you back in the car, but you had already left in an uber.
Speaker 4: So I was calling time and I'm like, cooling.
Speaker 2: Did you then meet? So you were doing a presentation and did you go do it together?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Who did the presentation?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I should have.
Speaker 6: Two emotions were too heightened. Ye, But yeah, like Emily said, there's ups and downs. I do think that I've grown heaps from working with my sisters in terms of like learning to I guess, collaborate more and listen more.
Speaker 4: To you, Yeah, to hear me.
Speaker 6: And I think when I do that, because like I admit, I'm sometimes like, oh, my way is the right way. But I found that now when I do kind of take on what Emily's saying and meet in the middle, the ideas.
Speaker 5: Are often a lot better and strong love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I feel like Yin yang kind of co founder relationships are just the best. Like it's the creme de la creme of co founders, because when two people are the same, it just doesn't work. There's too much of a clash and people want to do the same things.
Speaker 2: So people that agree on stuff that would be ideal, yeah.
Speaker 5: We will.
Speaker 3: To do a different things.
Speaker 2: You want someone to challenge, Yeah, challenge.
Speaker 1: Well, we are thinking with ideas, so you thought about it from this perspective, but same overall goals. Yeah, that's what you have the same goal, yeah, which is really important.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will say that I don't think I could ever be in business with like a friend. I feel like, like as a business partner, I feel like it has to be family for me because I know too there is like no nothing that can come between us, no matter how hard we fight or push our own idea and get kicked.
Speaker 2: Out of a car on the main I'm still going, well, we.
Speaker 6: Will make up like that, Like the next day, we're like fine again.
Speaker 5: Yeahs ten minutes later.
Speaker 3: How often do you guys block each other?
Speaker 4: I never block her? She blocked me.
Speaker 2: I haven't done first date with Tammy. She told me she blocked.
Speaker 1: Tammy blocked me too, Like they both like that was the only time I think either have done that.
Speaker 5: But that's I feel like that's so childish, Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Why block? Why block?
Speaker 5: I mean, you blocked someone when you don't want them to contact you.
Speaker 1: But I'm not trying to call you.
Speaker 2: You blow a phone.
Speaker 1: No, no one's trying to contact either of you. But okay, but they both unblocked.
Speaker 2: Obviously we're here now, Yeah, telling it, laughing about it because Tammy called me.
Speaker 4: And was like, hey, I kind of remember what that was about me.
Speaker 2: I know what it was about.
Speaker 4: Is it private?
Speaker 2: Was exactly a year ago? How wild's that? A lot has happened in a year. Yeah, let's talk.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that, because I am like very interested to know what you guys first thought of Matt honestly, like you can be really real and honest about this. Matt looks stressed.
Speaker 1: Trying to think of To be honest, I didn't have enough energy to have an opinion.
Speaker 4: I'm not even joking. Usually with like listen, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 1: So usually in the past, like I've been a bit like Amy and really involved in like my sister's lives. But with Tammy, I was at the point where I was like, when you guys said you were getting engaged, I was like, he must be that delusional. I was really concerned because she is, like she's spontaneous, and she's a fun spirit, and she likes to do what she wants to do. But for a guy to come in and think that's okay when she's got a one year old, like I thought that was a big red flag. And I didn't have the energy.
Speaker 4: To go and like go separate a couple.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I'm not gonna get like I just for the first time, I was like, I'm not gonna get involved and I'm just gonna sit back. But I had huge concerns, like I didn't really want to meet him. I wasn't interested, and I just before I proposed you don't want to meet me before. I don't think I wanted to meet anyone. It was just like too fresh, and I just wasn't interested in getting to know anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like I was a bit triggering for you, like Matt coming into the Aures.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had been, like I said, really involved in like my sister's lives and like obviously she's got past relationships and I always just wanted to look out for her.
Speaker 5: And think I overstepped as well in some cases. But we had a plan, Tammy and I had a plan.
Speaker 6: I was like, okay, cool, take things slow, like you know, like the next person you meet, this is what we want.
Speaker 5: We had like a plan laid out. I don't know if she ever told you the plan that plan went. Yeah, and then all of a sudden, she's like, I'm in love. I met my soulmate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just getting it weird, like we're.
Speaker 3: Going to be together forever.
Speaker 5: And I was like whoa, whoa, like's.
Speaker 2: Not the plan we've never talked about. I remember said, like, it's not as spontaneous as me just proposing, Like should I say we we're going to Elope?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we should be okay with it.
Speaker 4: I feel like should be fine.
Speaker 5: Like, was what was the turning point for you not eloping?
Speaker 2: When I proposed no, but like so she said I don't want a loaping because we had it booked in in like a month later. And then I was like, well, I'm going to propose make it more like romantic. And then she was like, nah, we're not eloping. I want to do it work.
Speaker 4: But it was your idea not to albe No.
Speaker 5: Well, because I thought I had something to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought, I really.
Speaker 2: Do you want to talk about the chat?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I went in that real like like I had an agenda.
Speaker 1: Oh it was so I could cause like you're like, you need to give a little background. Yeah, you do contents to like you and time we were going.
Speaker 4: To a lope.
Speaker 2: We were going to a loaf.
Speaker 4: We were concerned.
Speaker 3: They were very naturally.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: I then got Amy, had a chat with Matt. I brought you to come to speak to both of us. You didn't rock up, Yeah you were like this guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was, yeah, you didn't rock up. And then it was me and Amy at skin. I had the ring at this point, do you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you showed me in.
Speaker 3: A second. So Amy calls a chat.
Speaker 5: No, I did he called a chat?
Speaker 3: And is that because you wanted to show the ring?
Speaker 2: No, I wanted to approval, okay, right, and then you.
Speaker 4: Didn't rock up and was a big no.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I took that note and then Amy, and then Amy had a very strong agenda.
Speaker 3: And what was that Amy?
Speaker 2: It was just that sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I said, Okay, I'm not I'm not going to tell someone not to propose. They're in love, Like, I'm not getting involved that much. But I had like a slight agenda where I was like, Okay, propose and then have a year long engagement and don't rush into it and celebrate and learn to like, you know, get to know everyone in the family and you know, like learn about each other and all.
Speaker 5: That sort of stuff.
Speaker 6: And I really pushed that agenda, yeah, because really they were gonna alone. I just said, kind of like pros and cons list. There are so many pros to like waiting waiting, and you guys.
Speaker 2: Have done that, right, Yeah, so you guys hate me.
Speaker 1: There was nothing to do with it. It's not your character who you are. It was going to be any any person that she was with, you know. And I just found it, like I remember saying to you the first time we spoke about it at her house and I just said to you, like, what's the rash?
Speaker 4: And you were like, well, why not? We love each other? And I was like, that's just like so silly. It's like, that's.
Speaker 2: Correction if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Em he proposed to you after a one year old and I wasn't engaged two times prior.
Speaker 4: So it's very different because you said that to.
Speaker 1: Me that day too, you know, so it's very different situations.
Speaker 2: Is love love?
Speaker 4: I agree? I agree, but come on, red flag?
Speaker 2: There huge red flag to quit back and.
Speaker 4: Think I'm glad like we you know, yeah, do.
Speaker 3: You imagine if you were aloped after a couple of months?
Speaker 1: I still think the engagement's not long enough. Yeah, but it's better than like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like it should have been another year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 2: Would you have come to our like Twitter?
Speaker 4: Don't you? Like elope? Without people?
Speaker 3: You can bring people a couple of people.
Speaker 1: Like if you guys wanted me to, I would have, but like I wouldn't excited about anything, like you.
Speaker 3: Know, I would have come kicking in screws.
Speaker 4: I was just like no feelings about it, Like I was trying to.
Speaker 2: Say, I know you say you had no feelings, but you were very strong on the I thought it.
Speaker 1: Was really silly and it would have been a really bad mistake, but I just didn't. I didn't express it to anyone, but I think I expressed it just to you.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about. You were very strong about it.
Speaker 5: You were like, that was me.
Speaker 1: So calm with no feelings, Like I'm not kidding.
Speaker 4: That was that time.
Speaker 1: I remember the house was the only like conversation we hadn't I said it, I think it's not a good idea. I was like, what's the rush and tried to be really like smiley about it.
Speaker 6: You know, I witness to that, and that's where I was like, I need to take a different approach. And that's why when we met, I was like, okay, I'm taking a different angle.
Speaker 1: I remember Day was kicking me under the terminal say anything. I'm like, this is me so calm, and he's doing this like wow, it was so worried.
Speaker 2: You kept saying yea, oh, it's not my business.
Speaker 4: I'm like it's my sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it is your business. And you have every right to be in the position.
Speaker 1: And you were asking, like, I didn't come randomly, you know, and give my opinion.
Speaker 4: You were like asking, I'm.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure we both did both.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I remember I went to Tammy's news Eve party and Emily you were like, tell me everything about that, like who is this guy?
Speaker 4: Like who is this stranger?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it may it makes sense.
Speaker 1: I think I've heard about you. Was that you cried on every episode of Violet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the only thing because I'm an emotional guy. Yeah. I didn't see anything wrong.
Speaker 1: I didn't see anything wrong with that, and I actually, like, I really I think I would have said to you too. I really liked the playful, goofy side that comes out of Tammy when she's with you, Like I noticed that straight away, and I thought that was really nice and she's really happy. The only thing that I was like, hmm, that I didn't like was when we were talking that day. Comes back to that day and you were talking about I think the New Year's Eve party and you were like, are you going to come to like our house that we're hosting our party?
Speaker 4: And like you literally just met just literally like.
Speaker 1: Just audacity, like a few times, like ah, Like I'm like okay, I get you guys, but like, no, I think you even said you guys are invited. Yeah, no, you you Matt. You were like, I don't worry you'll be invited, And I was like, I don't even want to come, but thanks, babe, Like.
Speaker 2: This isn't that's surely not party.
Speaker 4: Oh house, it's the first time we've been to this house.
Speaker 2: I was still staying in the hotel.
Speaker 3: Fast forward from the initial impression of that and some of those impressions which aren't the best that that's not.
Speaker 6: No, it's true because Emily talked about it like, yeah times too.
Speaker 5: She was like, I didn't like that he did this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think. I don't even want to come anywhere. I'm giving Jason it's fine.
Speaker 5: Me move past it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look now we're moving on to the present. This is present day and Tammy and Matt are getting married in three months time. How do you guys feel about it? Did you think that they were going to get to this place? Did you even think that they were going to be like walking down the aisle? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I feel I still feel they should have had a longer engagement. Yeah, but I feel like I like Matt as a person, Like I think he's nice. I think he's immature. I think he's got to do a lot of growing up. Like you're very immature, but I think you're a nice person, Like you've got a good heart, Like you've got good intentions with her. But I do still feel like it could be a longer engagement. But like we get along, there's no beef, there's.
Speaker 2: Love after this.
Speaker 1: Immature in what way you're like some of the stuff you say, I can't think of things off to my head. That's like a little teenager boy would say something like that, like a little baby.
Speaker 4: A big baby.
Speaker 3: You're right, but.
Speaker 1: I said, we're in a good place. But I don't also feel like it has to do with me. Like Tommy seems she's happy, and that's what, like I.
Speaker 2: Care about you know what about you? Amy?
Speaker 6: All I wanted always was for Tammy to be happy and to find her person, and Tammy loves love. You would know that she loves romance and that's why she always falls so hard, which I like hated but also loved about her and didn't want her to ever lose that. So I always just like hoped for you guys to work out Obviously I didn't know you like very long, so I was protective and scared because I feel about her. But now you know, I like you. You seem to make her happy. She's smiling, she's goofy, she's like her fun like self when she's around you, And I think, like anyone, that brings out the best in you and each other.
Speaker 5: Then, like, you know, I wish you guys the best.
Speaker 2: Can you gasp me up some more?
Speaker 1: I just hope you know marriage is a serious thing. Yeah, it is actually a serious thing, and like I hope you don't make any mistakes, Like I really pray and hope that you don't do anything to hurt Tammy.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to hurt Tammy. I have no intention of hurting Tommy.
Speaker 1: You know, like she's really happy. You guys are in a really good space, and hopefully that continues.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. How do you think Matt is with Tammy's kids as a stepdad.
Speaker 4: It's good, But I haven't seen you that much with them.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you a little cheeky little thing that I did when you first came to the house, and like we were all having dinner at lunch, and the kids are screaming and running around everywhere, like every time you didn't look like I was banging and making more noise to.
Speaker 4: Make it seem like really hectic.
Speaker 1: I swear I was like banging the tables, making like loud noises.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, this is so calm tonight.
Speaker 5: Let you feel. She was like trying to get me in on it. She's like, make more noise, banging.
Speaker 2: The counter, And what did I do?
Speaker 1: Let you?
Speaker 4: You were.
Speaker 1: You were like your Facebook you see to go like it was, And I was like, how calm is tonight? Amy is so peaceful?
Speaker 2: It was so I did think it was quietly out. It was a lot going on.
Speaker 3: And then they left and you're like it's so quiet.
Speaker 6: I was fine, well, yeah, like if you can't like put up with that, then that's yeah.
Speaker 5: It was good. Like you passed. Then, well, there's a lot of kids.
Speaker 2: In our family, a lot going on.
Speaker 5: We spend a lot of time together too.
Speaker 2: I like that though.
Speaker 3: I like the whole family thing close everyone.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about that. So how many kids do you guys both have I've got three plus two step kids yep.
Speaker 3: And I've got two hell and how is it like, you know, I hope to be your mum one day. Do you have any advice like for people who just have never had kids, like because you guys look like supermums.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really hard.
Speaker 1: I think being a mum is like the hardest job, like compared to any business that I've had or any other project. It's really hard because it's like your everything you do is impacting this little person to become the person they are and like what they believe and what they value, and they're, you know, this whole person. So it's a lot of like responsibility. I try not to think about that because sometimes that's like.
Speaker 4: To overwhelm me.
Speaker 1: But I think being on the same page as your partner with your goals on how you want a parent, what you got, what's important to you guys, you know, teach your kids is the most important. And like looking back, like me and Emmra have these like the same goals, but if we didn't, I could see how like people divorce and like how broken homes and like all of that. So I think that's like really important to be in the same page with your partner and like just enjoy the journey because there are like crazy situations like you know, when they're pooh in public and tantrums and like you can't.
Speaker 4: Be ready and like trained for those situations.
Speaker 1: So I think like laughing it out and like not taking it so seriously and not putting so much pressure, and you know, like kind of going with it and laughing together as a couple is a really good way of looking at being a new parent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely for me, advice I would give myself is that it's harder than you think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you never get.
Speaker 6: Like that break, but it's also the most rewarding thing you'll ever do. So I'm like super proud of myself because I feel like my kids have really like I like to say, they hold a mirror up to me, and then I can I actually see like how I guess before how selfish I was, and not even like you're allowed to be selfish in your twenties. You know that it's like your time for that, but you can't do a lot of those things when you have kids. You can't sleep in you know, you have to get up and change their appies and feed them and all that sort of stuff. So just putting like them first, I guess, and it really like made me realize, you know, I need to grow up. I need to change the way I'm doing things. I need to prioritize things differently. And yeah, it's like one of the most rewarding things I've ever done.
Speaker 2: I've learned that in like the short period that I've been around them, that like you can't put like yourself first and you've got to be less selfish for stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, and sometimes it's a hard reality to come to, you know, because it does almost happen overnight. Yeah, It's like you have like you're pregnant and you can still like you know, lay around, but you have this baby and all of a sudden, like if you're breastfeeding, you're feeding every three hours, and it's like you have to do this. Yeah, so from the get go, it's like, all of a sudden, your life's changed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They can't leave the house like on your own.
Speaker 6: It's like, oh, I need to like obviously take my baby, but I need to pack nappies and make.
Speaker 5: Sure like I know when I'm going to feed them.
Speaker 2: And you know, like all such a mind shift, isn't it.
Speaker 6: And I think it's that like adjustment when you first have kids that really like, you know, it can rock people. And that's when I was like, oh, I didn't actually realize how hard it is. My whole life is changing, whereas I kind of just thought, oh, it's just gonna be a bit different, just a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, and like you want to go home and like relax sometimes from work, but it's straight back.
Speaker 1: That's like when the afternoon rush started. Yeah, trying to get them to go to sleep.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, yeah, the bedtime crying.
Speaker 1: Mine come out every two minutes, Oh my mom, hungry, oh my fummy head?
Speaker 4: Oh could you just tick on my back? We read one more book. I'm like, just get in your bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like ten.
Speaker 4: Minutes, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wolf comes into the most randomist comments. Didn't you find that when he was staying at yours?
Speaker 6: He was so good when he stayed at mine? To bed, he just laid bed radio and then I said no and.
Speaker 4: Turned the lot radio. When does he come and saying your route?
Speaker 2: When he comes out, it just comes in and he's like, mom, you know that, and he says some random friend wants this for his birthday. And she's like We're like yeah, okay, and then you'll come back and be like is the Black Thing tomorrow or something like just that was last night alone, like just random stuff the time, Yeah the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, such is that's really cute.
Speaker 3: You guys used to have your own podcast. What made it end? Was there?
Speaker 1: We just got way too busy, like to order note us three together at the same time for like we used to do like two episodes in the one time for like two hours. Was just like things would come up, we'd have to cancel. Yeah, So it's just our schedule.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of time to commitment. Yeah, and then you've got to get like content ready, you organize guests, all that sort of stuff. So obviously, like you guys are very much on social media, very active on there. Do you find it daunting that everyone knows your whole life and like everything you do and judges it. Like that's something that I've noticed, Like obviously I was like came off a show and people like following me in that, but like it's next level being retained, Like it's like almost confronting about how much people judge you. And I know you guys have probably had that secondhand off her. It's full on, Like how do you find it.
Speaker 1: I learned from Tammy quite quick to like tune people out and like not care about others opinion, and like I care about like my sister's opinion and my mom and dad's opinion, and like my husband's opinion. So I really try to connect myself back to that. But like there are times when like people will say things and it really does bother you, like the odd comment. But I do find that what I was saying the other day on Instagram like the tool poppy syndrome.
Speaker 4: In Australia, I find people are.
Speaker 1: So quick to like just judge and say something negative, and I find it really sad for them. I'm like, I would never like just someone I don't know see something and like go comment something so mean.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what is going off with their life? Let's get this person a therapist.
Speaker 2: I've been sent forums of people that are just fucking commenting shit on everything we do, and I'm like, you guys are so fucking sad, and they're probably gonna take this and talk about it, and I hope they do, because you guys are fucking sad, like and that's being so in my life and you're making stuff up on there that you think you know about me or judging like a fifteen second clip like you need help.
Speaker 1: I think we're really lucky that we have each other, like we're all in this together and we can really like you know, vent to each other and like express how we feel to each other. But I think Tammy's advice, like right from the beginning, was really valuable where it's like who cares, we're happy?
Speaker 5: You know, we're good.
Speaker 3: You need to take that advice.
Speaker 5: We're good.
Speaker 6: I think it's been about like learning to just let it kind of like you know, wash over me and then putting my energy where I feel like you're actually like valued. So I can't help these people for feeling that way. And I know I would never like, you know, say random hurtful things about a stranger. I don't know, don't, I couldn't, And I've kind it done to me just from like association with Tammy, you know, like even like from the start, and it's like I was always more reserved, a little more quiet, more in the behind the scenes business side of things, and that's where I liked to stay. And then it got more so that I kind of like stepped out. Now I'm doing things like public speaking, my businesses and stuff like that, which is great, but yeah, there's always going to be people who are like, they don't work, they don't do this, and I work so hard.
Speaker 5: But I know I work hard.
Speaker 6: And what matters is that my daughter sees me working hard, that my team like I show up for them every day, that I put that good energy out there, because I do believe in karma, and I'm like, if I keep putting good energy out it will come back to me. I cannot harbor on like other people's negative energy because that's just affecting them. I think I read something in a book once and it was like wishing people ill is like drinking poison and hoping for them to die.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 2: Actually true too, and I love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's end on a bit of a lighter note. It's actually been such an interesting chat having both of you on, so thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Didn't talk over each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been great. Who's the most likely to splurge on something? Emily? Emily?
Speaker 2: Okay, who is the most likely to be late to an event?
Speaker 5: Me? Emily.
Speaker 2: You guys were dead on time today and you.
Speaker 1: Guys were good so many times eleven am sharp pat.
Speaker 2: But then I go yes, But then I there before because we were running over time. I was like, no, that'll be late, don't worry about it, and then you were dead with dead a time.
Speaker 3: Who's most likely to forget an important date or a present? Emily?
Speaker 5: I was thinking it might be I think me.
Speaker 4: I'm like, is anything important on today?
Speaker 2: I feel like, what is a moment of your sister that you're proud of the most.
Speaker 1: They're both just staring at each other moment I could say when. Amy has been doing lots of public speaking lately, So I think that's been really cool to see the growth because she came from like not wanting to do anything and like you know, not standing up in front of like even like team meetings of like ten fifteen people. She would be nervous to do that. So like hundreds of people, I get like a lot, and then you can't get her off the mic. I'm doing the presentation with her, Okay, I just.
Speaker 2: I love public space because Tammy doesn't like it, and I was like, I like it. I enjoy that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the more you do it, yeah, you either like it or you don't. But she's become amazing. I just it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Now you enjoy doing it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, You're like, not, I just get the microphone.
Speaker 6: No, But I am proud of myself because I think it shows growth in myself because I really would get so nervous and now I actually I still get nervous, but not like I used to where it was like almost like you know, like I couldn't step out there, whereas now I'm like, Okay, I got this.
Speaker 3: Life starts outside your comfort zone.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, that's what I say.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, So you're proud of me. There's there's a lot of things I'm proud of you for. You're like, you're a real go getter, exactly what we're saying, what we're proud of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was that the fst y yeah moment.
Speaker 2: I asked, but if you have a moment, but if you have a list or something like.
Speaker 6: For me, I don't like feed too much into like just like specific moments. I like to like look at everything as like a whole picture because I feel like too many people kind of pass up the little things. And I think I've seen like a lot of growth in Emily over the time that we've been business partners. Yeah, like really, you know, trying and like trying to like step outside your comfort zone where you might not have the strengths and like step more into areas that I'm like strongering.
Speaker 5: And I think that's the same what you said about.
Speaker 6: Me, because you're really good at public speaking, and I think you've also helped me too.
Speaker 3: That's lovely. I have a final question, and that is that you guys are both in really long term relationships. Amy you've been in a relationship for twelve years and Emily you've been in yours for ten. Do you have any relationship advice for our listeners on how to maintain and keep the spark alive?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think number one thing is communication, Like I always need to be talking to my husband and communicating like what's going on with me, how I'm feeling, if.
Speaker 4: He's because they're both really busy.
Speaker 1: So if I find if we both have like really busy weeks and we haven't had that like sit down in connection, I find myself a little bit off, like I need to have that communication time with him so that but we also do like weekly date nights, like we really put our relationship. I wouldn't say first because this is something that like we both like look into. But when you have kids, like you kind of like as a mummy, devote your life to your kids. But I've made it really important that I still give him that same kind of attention and I'm kind of not like just the kids in see you later like a lot of moms. Yeah, I'm really cautious of her. Yeah, I really really do of us and our relationship. And yeah, I'm like as obset with him as I was like the day I met him now, So I think that's like really important. And to like marry your best friend, like we were friends first and so we get each other, we support each other, we push each other to be the best version of ourselves too. I think that's also really important to not hold back someone like I could say the most crazy idea and he will support me to.
Speaker 2: Challenge each other, not the relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if you are like holding someone back and not supporting them, then that's going to cause.
Speaker 2: Of course that's a lot of friction.
Speaker 3: Absolutely supporting, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Amy, any advice. Twelve years is it actually twelve years?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Twelve years?
Speaker 2: I think I heard it been longer.
Speaker 6: I think for me, like there needs to be like a mutual respect. Like I respect my husband so much.
Speaker 5: I love him.
Speaker 6: He's like one of the kindest people ever, the best dad.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 5: Just knowing that we go through different seasons of life, but like together, like we will always have each other's.
Speaker 6: Backs, and like, you know, if I'm only operating at like twenty percent, he'll be the eighty and.
Speaker 5: We kind of like flow that way.
Speaker 6: And I just know like he'll pick up this like if I need it, and I'll do the same. And I think, just like, yeah, respecting.
Speaker 5: One another and yeah, that's for us. And I mean I just love him because he's like the nicest kind of.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 2: Both be very welcoming, good guys. Yeah, yeah, you know, chatting to him at family events, Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's just a real nice guy. Like he's like.
Speaker 2: It's just a really chill nice is a nice guy as well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, really nice guy.
Speaker 6: But you know someone's really nice when like sometimes I like might like make a little caddy joke or something and he's like, oh, that's not very nice.
Speaker 3: Like oh the Michael does that to me, And I'm like, okay.
Speaker 4: Sorry, like a little bit bitchy about someone else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe like just like a joke and then he'll be like, that's that's really nice.
Speaker 2: I said that as well. Guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're both really good guys. We were really lucky.
Speaker 1: I remember when I first like we were getting weloped overseas, and like, I remember when we were going.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 2: I was how long into how long?
Speaker 1: So he had proposed after knowing him three weeks, which was alarming.
Speaker 4: It's different your white shirt, it's different. Okay, okay, okay, it's different.
Speaker 2: Just don't stand on your.
Speaker 1: And I said no because I was wise, which I could have said, yeah, it's been married, but I said no because I was like that's crazy, Like that's crazy. A couple of years after okay, yeah, so we loped and I remember being so nervous because I was like I get bored so quickly, and I what if I get.
Speaker 4: Brought with this guy? What if I get married?
Speaker 1: I'm like over him next minute, Like I literally was thinking this my brain. I'm like, oh my god, before you walk out getting.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, Like I love him right now, but like.
Speaker 5: What's next year?
Speaker 1: Like like I'm not kidding, like I'm very like I like a lot of things going on and I promise you he's not keep me like he's kept me on my toes every single.
Speaker 4: Day of my marriage.
Speaker 1: Like he's like, you know, just my other half, like completely like just knows how to like handle me, I guess, and like keep me not bored and having fun and not like I'm like in a scary old, boring relationship, like I'm dating my best friend, do you know what I mean? Stereotypes out then. I think I was just scared of like once you get married, like and life's over.
Speaker 4: Like I was really nervous about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that at all.
Speaker 4: I was. I didn't think of it my wedding day.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 2: You're starting a new chapter, you're opening a whole another chapter, but you're like.
Speaker 4: With this, post it for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: I've even told, I've told that's not going to keep us apart.
Speaker 4: I told I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to be in the same ye, like one hundred percent, Like I want them to dig it back up and put me in.
Speaker 6: The same I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to know how we cuddle it night. So that's resume our position, not really.
Speaker 3: More than really quickly just that weird. Yes, yeah, that's a good love. Yeah, I love Michael, but I mean, I mean wory.
Speaker 5: I have not spoken.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what we speak about it.
Speaker 2: It should be a conversation you bring up very early, I feel.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: You guys both have amazing partners. And when Tammy had her New Year's Eve party, they were so welcoming and love to Michael yes sorry no. And Tammy's news.
Speaker 2: Party ours Emily, they were both.
Speaker 3: So lovely and welcoming and just the best. So yeah, it's a credit to them.
Speaker 2: Until you guys have done well.
Speaker 3: Thanks exactly.
Speaker 2: I've really not made it any better for myself.
Speaker 3: Guys, thank you so much for coming on to Where's your Head Out. We've absolutely loved having you both. Thank you for the real and raw conversations until next time, by.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having on.
Speaker 5: Thanks