Speaker 1: Bridget Jones is one of the few films so iconic that it defined the culture of an entire generation.
Speaker 2: How have you had?
Speaker 1: The fourth and final installment, Mad About a Boy is ready to hit our screens.
Speaker 2: Bridget Jones, It's time to please.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Stars of the movie, Renees, Elwigam Chu Hotel, Edgio four.
Speaker 3: And Leo what all?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: How are you god?
Speaker 4: Hi was the guing Welcome to the show. We are so excited to have you on because I personally need you to fill some gaps in the movie for me. Because someone was quite loud when they were crying.
Speaker 5: I laughed, I cried, I sobbed, but she.
Speaker 3: Did it all very loud.
Speaker 5: Please, there wasn't a dry imusinem Congratulations. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the Bridget Jones series. But when you get asked to come back for a fourth installment and Bridget has changed so much, Rene, did you have to really consider it and think about whether you wanted to be the widow and the cougar and all these different things she now embodies.
Speaker 2: No, consider not a thing. I love this character. I love her. I can't wait to see who she is in this chapter of her life and to spend time in her universe and to go to work with these guys.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, well, I mean too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can imagine it was quite the rig off between you two fellas. I must say that phrase.
Speaker 2: I'm just learning that phrase and it's great.
Speaker 5: Was there a bit of competition in the gym between the two of you when preparing for this film?
Speaker 1: No, I had no idea that title was so damn ripped, so I didn't think I was competing.
Speaker 3: And then when I saw.
Speaker 4: That hits A one by A, Hotels like me, we're undercover fit. We just don't like to get it out a lot. Do we make exactly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'm staying on this topic. To Hotel, I think you've made Every mum that goes to our dad who goes to school drop off now look at like the yappy teacher and think, I wonder what is under there? There might be more.
Speaker 4: At my kids school. Most people do the drive through so they don't have to get out. I guarantee you. After everyone goes.
Speaker 3: To the movies Thursday and sees there's the amount of people I'm parking and I'm coming in.
Speaker 5: Hate Leo at the first, Bridge Jones and I came out in two thousand and one, I think, and I think you were four. So had you seen these films growing up? Did you go back and watch the originals?
Speaker 3: We're watching it four years old, going yeah one day.
Speaker 1: Probably I had no idea what was happening, but I, yeah, I grew up with them, man. I you know, I watched it probably every year at Christmas, and there was no need to revisit because, like a lot of people, Bridget just you know, is everyone's favorite friend.
Speaker 3: Maybe not favorite, because that's kind of sad. What about yourself, Totel?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean I was not for but yeah close close, Yeah, not at all the but I loved it. You know when I when I when I watched Bridget Jones, I just remember that time. You know, it was all about Bridget at that point, and it was you know, the book and before that, the column, you know, the actual diaries themselves, and it was just it was a it was a really wonderful time and and you know, the film is so brilliant, so fun, so iconic, and so just to be part of that universe is really wonderful.
Speaker 4: So we've we've sort of got your love this one night, we've got our own sort of Bridget Jones on the team. Lauren is pretty much her. In fact, you've got a similar situation to the movie coming up this weekend, which I know you're freaking out about it.
Speaker 5: I actually do, and I'd love an answer from Bridget Jones' perspective. I've been invited to a fortieth birthday and on the invitation it says come dressed as a Tellytubby And I don't know if I've just got that invitation and I'm gonna have my Bridget Jones's moment.
Speaker 3: What do I do?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's pretty. I see you lean into it. I see good for it. You can't lose it a party dressed as a teletubby, in my opinion, I mean, you know it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 4: Actually, I thought when you said you have a Bridge Jones situation coming up, I thought you meant you're gonna hook up with a twenty eight year old this week.
Speaker 2: She might she might dress as a teletubby.
Speaker 4: I don't know the fan is going with her, so that's not going to go down well.
Speaker 5: I never know your Lughby costume. There's so many throwback moments in the film. I mean pulling out your old panties and saying hello, old friend. There's all these incredibly nostalgic moments in the film when you first read the script, that did that draw you back into it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: All of it?
Speaker 2: You know, the friends, the reintroduction of her, you know her boss, and you know her universe. Really, you know, I'm a sucker. I love this character and I have for you know, a quarter of a century.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: It is a bit of a reunion though with Hugh Grant. Having the whole cast together must have just been magic for you.
Speaker 2: That's what it felt like. It felt like a big reunion and true friendships that you know, we forged over twenty five years. So it saw was so special. And I love those little winks that you're talking about, because that's life, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You know totally certain things.
Speaker 2: You know follow us throughout, don't they?
Speaker 6: Do you have?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, obviously you're an incredible actress and you've been in many things, but you are you are Bridget Jones. When I look at you, do you carry many of those qualities with you? Do you see yourself in her and her in you?
Speaker 2: All the time, especially in these circumstances, red carpets.
Speaker 3: It's not your thing.
Speaker 2: Well, when you're supposed to look nice and you're supposed to you know, be I don't know, on your best it's it's never the truth. It's always fake it till you make it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like me, she doesn't like to leave a suburb or a couch. That makes me so much happier.
Speaker 4: Hey, I know, just quickly before we let you go, there's been some hint that the writer said this is the last one. No, she will tell you'd love it to continue, no doubt, because you've just signed on to the franchise.
Speaker 3: Is there any chance of another one down the track?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I guess that's up to Helen and we'll we'll have to see. She's she's definitely sad at the moment that that's that, that is it, But but you never know.
Speaker 3: Come on, Helen, come.
Speaker 5: On, Helen. I'm with you, Leah, come on, Helen.
Speaker 4: There is not many sequels apart from Police Academy that have gone on this long and has been this strong.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, it was a ripping movie. Loved it.
Speaker 5: Well done, guys, Thank you, thanks very much,