Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey, and this is high Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral, or haw's your griped, or it's just about us, we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: Coming up on this episode.
Speaker 1: Matt is showing me his peacock.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, isn't it gorgeous?
Speaker 1: Really, it's magical.
Speaker 2: And hopefully my peacock trends after this episode. It's one of the things that isn't trending this week. But we've also got a bunch of things that are, including.
Speaker 1: AJ going on stage with Taylor Switch. Yes, AJ has gone on stage with Taylor's rogue episode.
Speaker 2: Everyone. Yeah, we just Brittany had a coffee. She never has a coffee.
Speaker 1: I know, I didn't have my pink b this morning. I've had coffee instead, So I'm off the rails. What else did we talk about?
Speaker 2: Matt Well, a huge celeb has been called drink driving this weekend. Brittany's got a bit of a hack or two for you. If you ever have an encounter with a police office tape you get pulled over, You're gonna want to know these hacks.
Speaker 1: And TikTok has a new fake feature feature which has made me download Snapchat again. All that more coming up on today's episode.
Speaker 2: Deal Me and dol Let's go.
Speaker 1: You hate it when I say, good morning, what.
Speaker 2: Do you want? Well? Is it ever a good morning? Let's have that conversation.
Speaker 1: A great morning. It's Monday. The sun is fucking out, still freezing though it is cold, but it's nice in the sun. I was sitting in the sun just before stunning.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you I had a bargain on the weekend, by the way, a bargain. Yes, So I've had to go and buy myself some gloves because I'm really struggling with this winter. I don't know what. It is really really really cold this winter, and I'm like gas lighting myself. Keep having to ask people is this is it just me? Is this the coldest winter we've ever had? And everyone's like, yeah, it's it's pretty. It's colder than usual. So I went and bought myself some gloves because my fingers get real cold when I'm reading in bed at night because everything else is under the covers, but the hands are out, you know.
Speaker 1: When you get when I get cold hands like, because my hands feet always freezing too. I love shoving them down AJ's shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh I do that.
Speaker 1: Like he's got a shirt on and he's like facing the other way. My hand is straight down his back and on his back, and he's like he hates it. That's my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guy. So I went to Maya, of all places to get the thoughts the Master. I was going to go and get, you know, just five dollars gloves from km up, but then I thought, no, you know what, let's splash out and get a good quality pair of nice maybe a leather glove situation.
Speaker 1: You know, it's giving motorbike rider.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I was singing more real housewife, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking Harley Davidson. You going down to the Central Coast on one.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of look real chic with them, you know. But anyway, I went to Meya and I saw these guys. They were fifty nine dollars and they were really nice to put them on. And then I saw on the tag clearance for fifteen fucking no bargain, not even the best part. Got to the counter they had forty No, they had thirty percent off gloves. I got them for ten dollars fifty.
Speaker 1: That's basically free.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I went like, I think the ones that came up were literally eight dollars. I've made two dollars fifty more. That's my bargain hunt of the week.
Speaker 1: Head down to Maya to get yourself.
Speaker 2: I like to get yourself in gloves. I got thirty percent of gloves at the moment.
Speaker 1: Why are you wearing them now? You should have brought I.
Speaker 2: Actually thought about it this morning and then I thought, oh, it's a bit march.
Speaker 1: You should have brought them in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what'd you do this weekend?
Speaker 1: Well? I did nothing. So I feel like I'm in hibernation because, as you know, we're renovating our house, so we're not living in it at the moment, and I just feel like my life is not in order, Like I've got my clothes on a clothes rack again, Like you know, it's back to square one. So I didn't really do anything other than a little bit of work. And on Saturday, it was our niece's second birthday, so we went to her birthday party at ten am.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jane, I know because.
Speaker 1: She has her nap just after lunch, so you're gonna fucking do the party before she goes to sleep. And I'm like, I get it. But also, she's not gonna fucking remember this birthday. She's not gonna remember that it started at ten for her sleep schedule. AJ was on the beer's at ten am. You he took the piers and was drinking them. But yeah, I guess that's my one little wholesome thing I did on the weekend. Got her a bluey scooter and bluey helmet for her birthday. She loves bluey. Right scooter, well it does say three plus, but I thought she's a okay yeah, and you know what, we got it out of the box. She ripped it open and she jumped straight on it, so she knew what it was nice at two she got on there, but both feet well maybe she like there was no I'm like trying to teach you how to push it. No, she was straight on there.
Speaker 2: Maybe she will remember then, if she's so advanced, she'll remember her second birthday.
Speaker 1: Do you remember your second birthday?
Speaker 2: Not at all? And I was quite advanced, wasn't I?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your earliest memory? Do you reckon?
Speaker 2: My earliest memory is I've got two. One is being in love with Nathan from high five and the second is, this is so random and maybe I'm exposing myself and maybe I'm a little crazy here, but kids imaginations run wild. It was like I would have been like three, and I remember I was out the back behind the cubby house in the backyard, and there was this big tree in the backyard, and I remember seeing a lion come out from behind the the tree, and I screamed and ran inside and told my mum there was a line in the backyard and she was like, no, that's not sweetie, But to me, it was so real, you know. So that's like my earliest memory that I can remember.
Speaker 1: See, I think I remember, like I always talked to A about this.
Speaker 2: You remember your birth do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, But I always talked to AJ about this because he doesn't remember shit from his childhood, Like, not a fucking thing. I'm always like, oh, did you do that in school? And he's like, how the fuck am I supposed to remember that? I'm like, how do you fucking not? Anyway, I honestly think, Okay, my earliest memory, if I think back, when I was one and two, we lived on a farm in this place called Seam, which is like kind of west of Newcastle a bit if any of you that know see Ham, that's where I lived. And we lived at this house when I was one and two before my sister was born, and I specifically remember having a nap in my mum and dad's bed and it was one of those houses on a farm that had like a verandah all the way around it and like windows looking out over the whole farm. And I had a nap and I woke up and there was a cow at right at the window, and I fucking screamed. So that's similar to your story, but.
Speaker 2: It was it was probably real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's literally like I remember living at that house and I was only one and two. And then other than that, my other really early childhood memories is all the maca's birthday parties. Oh yeah, absolute highlight of my life.
Speaker 2: I didn't have, like I didn't go to many of those, really, yeah, And I think on the Central Coast, like maybe my demographic, they were having the Hungry Jacks ones.
Speaker 1: What was the Hungry Jacks one? Or was that what I was called burger King?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I just didn't Tumky Jacks used to be called burger King. I swear it did.
Speaker 2: I don't know. See the problem is when I was in school, when I was in primary school and I we're only one year apart, but also we're different, like demographics that you grew up in Newcastle, maybe it was different up there, but on the Central Coast, like when I was maybe in year three, which is when you maybe would start having all those birthday parties the canteen, that's when like healthy food was introduced and there was a big big push for like health foods for kids and making sure your canteen was stocked with fruits and all the un.
Speaker 1: When I was in high school and towards the end, yes, maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe central coasts where it like they started they tested the waters. But so then that meant that like no one wanted to have McDonald's some birthday parties in there.
Speaker 1: They were the best, and I remember all I wanted was to play in the playground, like I don't actually give a fuck about the food or past the parcel was also fun. Yeah, like past the parcel and how fucking aggressive.
Speaker 2: It was musical chairs. I almost lost a limb playing musical chairs. When I was a child, you would.
Speaker 1: Like hold onto the parcel as long as you could, we waiting.
Speaker 2: For the pretend to drop it. And then yeah, I saw a TikTok the other day that was like how I knew how to win in heads down, thumbs up and you'd like look at their shoes. Me I'd win every time. I'd be every time. And it's so funny because the teacher would have been clocked on, but none of the students. They I thought I was a magician. Oh, anyway, speaking of TikTok, we've got a streak going on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Do we still have it though?
Speaker 2: Or did I lose it?
Speaker 1: Let me see the other day it said that we lost it, So TikTok now has streaks. Now we've lost it. I'm going to message you again to start it again. It's basically copying Snapchat, right, Yeah, so I obviously had Snapchat back when, remember we used to post Snapchat stories like that was where people watched your story. Yeah, like that was it. Like there was no Instagram stories, like it was follow me on Snapchat, ad me on Snapchat, and watch my stories every day.
Speaker 2: Which it's having a bit of a resurgence as well because they they're paying people now on there, but I mean I don't it's just like everything else that they pay for. Like if I was to do it, i'd probably make thirteen cents per year. But people were making bank on there, and I don't know how.
Speaker 1: The other day, Matt, I don't know if you we've got it too, but we obviously also have Facebook pages, which I don't fucking use. Like the only thing that's on my Facebook page now is like stuff that's posted to my Instagram. It's like linked. But I got a DM the other day off Meta, like one of those AI things, and it's like, join this new platform thing and you'll get paid for your posts.
Speaker 2: Well what is that? Tell me?
Speaker 1: Oh here, let me find it. I was going to screenshot it to you.
Speaker 2: In this economy, I mean, on every bloody platform love petty cash, petty cash, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Meta pay support. I was gonna because I almost thought it was a fucking scam because but it came through in my messenger, so like, it's real Meta pay support make money from your posts with Performance Bonus. Congratulations, your page, Brittneys Saunders is eligible to start earning with the Performance Bonus program on Facebook. Sign up now to start earning as your eligible photo, techs and video posts. Reach more people to get started, joined below or visit professional dashboard on the Facebook app. And then I was gonna message you and be like, is this a scam? But I was just feeling a little bit rogue, so I clicked it and then I like signed up and was like, yep, but it stayed in Facebook, Like, it didn't take me to an external browser.
Speaker 2: No, it is real. By the way, I'm already signed up. Now that you've explained what.
Speaker 1: It is, Yeah, I think they I think they just roll it out to like people randomly. Anyway, We're getting completely off track, but what we were saying is for some reason, TikTok dms now have streaks. And for any of you that don't know what a streak is, which I'm sure everyone does, Snapchat has it essentially every day that you message back and forward with your friend counts as like one day streak, two day streak, and then people have this like goal of like never letting the streak die, which is actually so fucking clever, Like you're getting people to come back to your platform where you have ads on it, to just stay in there every single day. It's fucking genius. How can I implement this into fate? Come into our store every day, get your streaks.
Speaker 2: Buy something every day.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I literally was just gonna message you something the other day and I saw that. I'm like, what the hell? I wonder why, Like, surely we're all glued to TikTok enough as it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. And it's already caused a few issues in my friend group because I had like a fourteen day streak with one of my friends and I lost it because I was too busy having fun in the real world. Oh and hey, got upset about the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Some have you seen? I mean, do you still use Snapchat because I deleted it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have it as like even closer close friends.
Speaker 1: I want to get back on it.
Speaker 2: So it's fun. I sometimes put things on my like when I was promoting my comedy shows. I would put it on the stories because I still have like thirty thousand people who it says thirty thousand followers, but then the views on it was only like eighteen k. So I don't know whether twelve thousand people probably.
Speaker 1: Still don't again right now, but.
Speaker 2: Skyler and I have a streak from the day we started crushing on each and it's still going. It's still going with what if you forget it? What's sing your day the streets at one six hundred and eighty nine days?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, so I remind you if you about to lose your streets.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't. I mean the timer comes up, you have to be in the app. Whereas what I like about the TikTok one is it actually at itally. It actually sends you a notification, which the first time it came through, because the way that it comes through is like it looks like you've sent the message saying don't let the streak end, and I thought, oh my god, why does she care about this? It's actually TikTok me sending the big text.
Speaker 1: What if you're like, what if you're going traveling and you've got like a twenty.
Speaker 2: Four hour flight is that. Is there such thing as a twenty four hour flight?
Speaker 1: Isn't that one that's going from like to London or something. I don't know if it's Yeah, I don't know if it's launched.
Speaker 2: I think it's only eighteen hours.
Speaker 1: So we're fine. We can keep the streeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And I think it's also like, I don't know how it works, but I think if you in a twenty four hour period send me one and then the next day I send you one, but we haven't both we don't both have to send each other in the same day. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: I'm downloading Snapchat right now. I'm going to get back on it, which, by the way, I've been thinking as well. Obviously Insta stories is where we post our whole life, But what about TikTok stories? Do you watch?
Speaker 2: I've tried, but I don't find the response the same very good. It's quite embarrassing when you put up a video and it gets three million views, and you put up a story on TikTok and it gets four likes and one comment that says dm us for Taylor Swift tickets.
Speaker 1: Are we going to keep the streak going on? On TikTok.
Speaker 2: I'll do my best for you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get back on Snap well as usual. Let's get into our Royal Flush of the week. Matt, what have you got this week?
Speaker 2: Well, look, I've got a royal flush that like is really exciting but also really disappointing at the same time in a way, it's weird. Let's talk about it. My Royal flush of the week. Best thing I've seen on the internet is Katy Perry announcing her return to music. Not return, just the next album, just the next single, just the next I feel yeah. She hasn't released music since well, not an album since twenty twenty. And I love Katy Perry, big fan. Can I get a witness please someone? Because I've loved her from the start. I did remember I've told the story on the podcast before of how I did the big Katy Perry halftime performance at Youth Group church on the Central Coast and I floated in on a cloud and there with confetti, cannons and costume changes, I looked like fairy floss. It was gorgeous. So I've always loved Katy Perry and I was so excited that she was going to release a new song, and then I heard it and I went, what the actual fuck is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard that as well. So she released like a little snippet on teaktok right, which, by the way, is and it's so weird how that's what music has become. Yeah, and I'll tell you what. I was getting my nails done the other week, and you know how sometimes the nail salms like have a TV screen playing music videos that when I go there and I see the music videos, it makes me realize, like how much we don't watch music videos anymore. And it almost got me thinking, like why do they even bother with music videos anymore? When like they release snippets on TikTok of them just like dancing to their song. Yeah, but I heard the snippet as well, and I feel like she released the wrong.
Speaker 2: Snippet for sure. The first thing I thought, because I wanted to give her a bit of grace, was surely this is like the bridge. Surely this is a there's a really good verse, really good chorus, really good verse, really good chorus. Then you've got the bridge. The bridge is all The bridge could always go one of two ways. You've got that little last bit before the last chorus. Sometimes it's a bit rogue, and it's where they got a bit experimental, and I thought, maybe that's that part of the song.
Speaker 1: I wonder why she released that first.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's on purpose.
Speaker 1: To get people talking and say it's not that good.
Speaker 2: I mean probably because like it did go viral, but for all the wrong reasons. And I don't know whether if you're Katy Perry, you're just like I don't care as long as people are talking about me, Like if you're a small artist, I think that would be the wrong thing to do. But then again, probably no one would care if you're a small artist. They only care that it's bad because it's Katy Perry, do you know what I mean? I don't know. It's very interesting to think about. But the gays have been waiting for Katy Perry to save pop music for a since before Witness, and she keeps letting us down. And so this is we were like third time lucky, here we go, third album. Since she's made a society. What am I trying to say here, Since she's made a good album. I'm not saying they're not good albums, but to the public, they're not good albums. Does that making sense? Yeah, the pre worker hasn't kicked in yet. Bear with me. Oh my god, swish swiss.
Speaker 1: I fucking love what Peacock same.
Speaker 2: I want to see your pickup and just now, just imagine me performing that in a child. Oh fucking because that happened.
Speaker 1: It's great. If any of you don't know that song, like, it's really quite old, now go and listen to it, like, bang it in your car. It is so fucking good. I'm going to listen to it on the way home.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was younger. I was listening to it in the car with my step mum and my little sister who was like probably I'm gonna say six at the time, And I mean I was in high school or maybe even after high school, and we went to Target afterwards, and we're pushing her. No, she can't have been six, because she was in a pram. A six year old still in a pram. No, I don't reckon, So maybe she was younger, maybe she's only four or something. But anyway, we're in Target and she I had played Peacock in the cars and we're in the middle of Target and she's scraming peacock at the time top of her I can't speak the people at the top of her lunge, but sorry, everyone at the top of her lungs and everyone in Target is looking at us with an infant in a stroller singing one I sing your peacock.
Speaker 1: See. I feel like even when not like we would like would have been teenagers probably when that came out. When did can we look up when that song actually came out?
Speaker 2: But her first album, so that's like twenty I.
Speaker 1: Didn't even like obviously I would have known that she's singing about penises, but even back then, like, I know, not.
Speaker 2: One think that Teenage Dream twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think I even really registered what she was singing about.
Speaker 2: Oh I did, Yeah, I did at the moment I heard it. I know it was about big fat cocks. What it is? Would you like me to sing it for you? I also really like like Teenage Dream in general. The album is so good. Let's just like reminisce for a second. We had Teenage Dream the song itself. You also had Last Friday Night banger. You had California Girls Banger, you had Firework Banger, you had Peacock bang up you had Circle the Drain.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that.
Speaker 2: Which I love? I love circled. Listen to such a good song and it's like rock, really cool, the one.
Speaker 1: That got Away amazing?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Et?
Speaker 2: No? Are you kidding me? Who? Am I living for? Not the best but still good pearl? The bad will probably not that good Hummingbird heartbeat.
Speaker 1: See, I don't know.
Speaker 2: These Hummingbird heartbeat. It's all about losing your virginity and it is just the drums in the back when you turn that shit up in the card or one hundred, the bang of the drums. Oh my god, it makes my whole body shake. And they're not like the movies. Again, Like, that's not like the movies.
Speaker 1: How does it go?
Speaker 2: I'm not singing it for you can't hit that note. It's a real slow one.
Speaker 1: I probably not if I heard it.
Speaker 2: Anyway. That is twelve songs, and I can certify that ten of the twelve songs absolutely they're pop perfection.
Speaker 1: So is what she's coming out with now a single or a out.
Speaker 2: Single, but it'll lead to an album, so you can.
Speaker 1: You'll go on tour again, So.
Speaker 2: Hard to tell with tours these days. In general, because you know Beyonce, like, I mean, she would probably do a tour around America. But don't forget Katy Perry's just finished her Vegas residency where a lot of people would have only just seen her. So I'm thinking, if you are a Katy Perry superfan, sure you'll go to a concert. But I think Katy Perry is almost like Pink in the way that she relies on little girls and mums and dads taking their little girls to a Katy Perry concert. I found that when I went to Katy. But every time I've been to Katy Perry, the room is full of like it's very Disney on ice.
Speaker 1: It was really the last I don't know if it was like the last tour that she did, but it was quite like suggestive. I don't know, like Witness.
Speaker 2: I went to the Witness tour. Yeah, mums and bubs, but.
Speaker 1: It was like quite suggestive, like the show, like it was a bit sexual.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but like isn't everything, isn't everyone on stage there?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't picture her fans to be like little kids. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Don't forget half a Katy Perry songs are very safe, So like think of a school disco girl. They're playing teenage dream, they're playing California Girls. Very true, you know. Yeah, I think Katie Perry's music is for the most part, very safe, very family friendly, you know. So anyway, Royal Flush is that new music is coming, but I'm wary because the snippet we got wasn't great. Then she released another snippet which was a bit better. Yeah, But also people have got a bit of backlash against that as well, because the lyrics are something along ones of it's a woman's world and you're lucky to be living in it, And people are starting to say, yeah, bit of an eye roll because it's definitely not a woman's world and we definitely aren't lucky to be living in the world right now, because you know of the patriarchy, and you know that it's mostly what I'm seeing is coming from Americans and like Donald Trump potentially being elected later this year and everything going on in the world and everything like that. Like they're like, these lyrics don't really speak for what we need right now, because you are glazing over the fact that it's definitely not a woman's world and we definitely aren't lucky to be living in the world right now. I don't know. I can see what she's trying to say, and I don't know if I agree with those people. I'm just here to report on the facts and also make some shit up as they go along. Slave. So what's your royal flush of the week.
Speaker 1: Well, let's stay on the music theme. I only saw this this morning, Ah, breaking news, breaking news. You heard it here first on high scrollers. No, you would have all seen it. Travis Kelcey going on stage with Taylor Swift. Was that in London?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think Wembley Stadium.
Speaker 1: How fucking cute?
Speaker 2: Like that is cool? Yeah, I'm like, that is so fun it is, and I wonder I'm assuming she knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon they would have had to have rehearsed it because he like kind of was in with the dancers and like do it pretending to do her makeup and get her ready in the next costume kind of bit. So they would have had to have rehearsed.
Speaker 2: But also he's seen the show so many times, yes, that he might just know what to do.
Speaker 1: It would be even more iconic if it wasn't rehearsed and he actually just surprise. Yeah, but I love that. I remember when we went to her concert in Sydney and we were all already in there and then he walked through the crowd like to go to the VIP thing, and like everyone just screamed. It's just so fucking cute, like everyone just screaming for her boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I keep reading online people are still saying that it's a PR stunt relationship. Do you read that?
Speaker 2: I don't reckon?
Speaker 1: You reckon? It's real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I would have no idea, but yeah, I'll put my two cents in and say, yes, what do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, surely it's real, Like who can be bother the t have a fake relationship?
Speaker 2: So true, But.
Speaker 1: Then apparently it's the thing that celebrities actually do. Yeah, really, I think I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think with them because think about it. Oh but see, the more you think about it, the more it actually makes sense that it is a PR stunt because there's so worlds apart that it's It is like like the the crossover of Travis Kelcey's fans versus Taylor Swift's fans. I guess you know, the Taylor Swift fans now kind of probably care about the NFL or whatever he plays. And then maybe some of his fans and followers now know about Taylor Swift and they didn't before. I don't know, but I don't reckon. I reckon it's it's real. And because also I think the telling thing is you don't actually see much in these pr relationships. You don't actually see much affection. You just see them appear on a red carpet together and confirm their relationship in the Woman's Weekly, you know. But like she's you know, the super Bowl after party or whatever where you know, she's like dancing with him, hands around him, kissing him.
Speaker 1: The videos that we saw, it's like fun and down to earth, like I would.
Speaker 2: Almost picture him as he's an AJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I picture him as an Aussie, Like he gives off the energy of like an ossie guy like AJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like he just seems so fucking cool. So yeah, I guess that's my royal flushes him going out on the stage with her and being part of that because I've been so exciting for everyone there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the royals.
Speaker 1: And tell you who else?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Tom Cruise?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So was Nicola Cochlan were still down? Was it all spoiler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surely they've all seen season fucking two by now. Finish that.
Speaker 2: By the way, I've been watching passively because Sky. Now, Sky's one of those people who like very different to me in the sense that if he's watched a show before, he'll watch it again because it's comforting, right, Not me. I've watched it once. I need to throw it in the especially a show like that.
Speaker 1: But I have my shows that I watch again and again and again. But they've got to be those ones that you don't need to follow the storyline, like you just have it on the background. You can come in at any point. Yeah, but yeah, lots of thoughts about season three part two with Bridgeton. I know we already spoke about this, but the makeup is even fucking worse in season three part two. I'm talking fucking highlighter, full wing, fake lashes on fucking all of them really, and the dresses became way too modern, like and then I see on like Reddit, people like who's watching it for that, like to see actually what they dressed like back in the day, Like, so, I get it is twenty twenty four and they're coming out with this, but.
Speaker 2: And now isn't the next one coming in twenty twenty six? Did they say that? I don't know if they confirmed that, but I think I saw something on TikTok being like, how are you giving us three episodes?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Three episodes in part two? Four episodes in part two? And then we have to wait that long two years?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Come on, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like season one was the best. Season two like it's slowly like gotten worse kind of thing. Like it's still really good, but I feel like if they're going to do a whole nother season, they really need to redeem themselves with it and tone down the fucking fake eyelashes. It's meant to be in the eighteen hundreds. Who the fuck's were in a wing and a lash in the eighteen fucking hundreds, they would have had just a bit of rouge on their fucking cheeks.
Speaker 2: I'm serious, you being so passionate about eighteen hundreds makeup? Oh we just you know, do you reckon people from the eighteen hundreds look back and go, oh, we were way too much rouge back then?
Speaker 1: Probably I reckon they just had like a bit of black eyeliner and some rouge and then on their lips too, Benettin on the.
Speaker 2: Nipsy they had them blush blindness.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh that's all over my TikTok as well, blush blindness, eyebrow blindness.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did see James Charles post about his old eyebrows.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I've seen a lot of those, and I've seen people. It's getting wild on TikTok now, like you can just post a video like normal, like talking, and then people will comment like you have eyebrow blindness, like just calling people out. I saw a girl literally this morning because you know how they say your eyebrows, like the most inner part of your eyebrows needs to be in line with the inner corner of your eye. Yeah, okay, so that's where your eyebrow should start.
Speaker 2: Yours don't.
Speaker 1: Just then you know, what, are they closer?
Speaker 2: They're closer together than your eye corners a mine.
Speaker 1: Yours are pretty much the same or maybe a slightly further out. But you don't have any pencil in them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, true?
Speaker 1: What so minor in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like your eyebrows, especially that side, what's that side, the right side of the.
Speaker 1: Left side, that's it's too far in.
Speaker 2: It's further in than the than your thing. But I'm looking at your eyebrows and they don't look wrong. Well, but they look fine.
Speaker 1: I saw this girl on TikTok post and hers were too far apart, like they started out here. And then everyone in the comments is like, you have eyebrow blinders, Like your eyebrows need to start way closer. And then so she did a video and she's like, apparently I have eyebrow blinders, and she draws them in and it looks so much better, but she's like, this looks so bad. So I feel like we become accustomed to the things on our face and think they look right when they could be wrong.
Speaker 2: No, but in the opposite sense, I saw this really cool. This is actually going to be my royal flush at one point or another. And it's a really cool quote from Taylor Swift where she's doing an interview. It looks like The View or something like that, one of those shows, and she says that we are so accustomed to loving the newest best thing, Like the newest thing is the best thing. We're so used to loving like the newest thing. So if we get a new phone or a new couch or a new whatever, it may be like we love it and then as time goes on, we start to hate it because we find things wrong with it or blah blah blah blah. So it makes sense that the longest thing we've ever seen is our reflection in the mirror. So it makes sense that we like hate ourselves because we've had to look at ourselves for so long.
Speaker 1: And is that why we're always trying to like reinvent ourselves, change up our style, change our makeup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, I don't know what the point of that quote was, but I just thought it was cool.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had blindness to anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you had eyebrow blindness, your eyebrows were really thick slugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I still do thick slugs something.
Speaker 1: No, But like remember like the anastagia of Beverly Hills brow pomar days and we were literally coloring the meat like solid and like black.
Speaker 2: But then the concealer around the outside as well, why do we.
Speaker 1: Need to carve out browst worms?
Speaker 2: Speak a little worms on my face? I literally used to wear glitter lip gloss, so I yeah, I definitely had a lot of blindness about a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like mine was fake tan, but we've already spoken about that on the pod. Yeah, I've definitely had fake tan blindness as well. Why did no one tell me it looks so fucking bad?
Speaker 2: I think because maybe we were also blind to.
Speaker 1: The Like was everyone blind to it?
Speaker 2: Well, I just like the only thing that you were your fake tan didn't look bad though, but your hands were fucked. Yeah, you know, I always had fucked hands.
Speaker 1: They were always like a yeah, And I would just get around thinking that looks better than my natural skin. Yeah, Why did I ever fucking do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm in the opposite mode at mode mood at the moment. Yeah, I'm like, maybe I could get a fake tan. See how it looks.
Speaker 1: I like a little gradual tan, Like if I've got something on, like put on a little gradual moisturizer or like just a really light tan. That's just like it makes you just look like glowy a little bit. Yeah, I think that's when you look your best.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's just because in summer. Remember how dark I got in summer because I was spending so much time outside safely with sunscreen. But I didn't know that sunscreen. There's no such thing as a sunscreen that blocks one hundred percent of the rays of the sun. You will still have sun damage damage from even if so you should just stay out of the sun completely, which I was doing anyway in summer, but it still made me go really dark. And because when I was younger, I always used to go dark in the summertime and then in the but then as I've gotten older, I didn't leave the house and didn't want to go outside.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I think is really popular amongst younger maybe not even teenagers, but like early twenties now, and I fucking hate to see it. Tan lines like that has been all over my yes, like specifically like knowing when the UV is like at the highest, because you can look at the UV every day, like on the weather apps and whatever. And they go and bake and they'll wear like a triangle bikini and try their hardest to get like tan. And then I see these girls because it's like a fashion thing, and then they will wear another top so you can definitely see the tan lines. And then I go on the comments of TikTok and it's like your tan lines look so good.
Speaker 2: But are they American?
Speaker 1: Probably if there's one thing that's not fucking cool ever and doesn't look good, it's tan lines.
Speaker 2: But also I think that the sun isn't as harsh in other countries, but is it.
Speaker 1: Surely it's still harsh harsh like Australia. Yeah, and they're so un educated about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I'm just talking out my ass right now. But I also will say that like when I've been in other countries and it and it's been a really sunny day and I've gone Australia, it's not the same as our sun because remember we had like the whole hole in the ozone layer and stuff above Australia. So there's all that time where the sun was like beaming down through the ozone layer and it was like worse, which apparently that's been fixed now. I'm pretty sure like that we've repaired the ozone and patched the whole. No, it's regenerated itself because we've been using less deodorant and using more natural deodorant. I don't know, I think maybe I dreamed that. Anyway, like when I've been in other countries, the sun is not the same. I mean, obviously it's the same sun, But I don't know, is it because the.
Speaker 1: Sun in Australia is different. I know they've confirmed that, like.
Speaker 2: We in a certain part where we're closer to the sun or it.
Speaker 1: Is to the equator.
Speaker 2: You know when you have like a glass and the glass like the magnifying you know, a magnifying glass and it puts the pin preak point. I think that Australia is in that. Yes, So I think that's why we have such a high rate of like skin cancer and blah blah blah, because yes, we all are dumb and I was someone who went to the beach with no sunscreen on tanned when I was younger. I thought that was the cool thing to do. But like I think that also on top of that, I think our sun is worse. It is than other countries. It is so the tan lines like the thing is to Australians, the fake tan lines. It's crazy concept to us. But I'm saying, if you live in Alabama, yeah, and you're doing the fake tan line trends, they don't know any better because I don't think they'd have ads on their TV about skin cancers and stuff like that because it's so full on in Australia.
Speaker 1: It's weird is when you go to America and you watch commercials on the TV. First of all, they have commercials for every medication that there is, Like there, I know, we have like neurofin commercials every now and then, but they've got commercials for fucking everything. But in their commercials they must advertise all the side effects in the ad, so they'll be like, buy a neurophin to get rid of your headache. Side effects may be death, they may be heart attack, they may be this, and they have to say it in the fucking commercial. So they're like really strongly promoting the side effects of medications, but they don't have a clue about the sun.
Speaker 2: Also, one of my friends is in New York City and this morning they put up a billboard like a photo of a billboard in a Times Square or nearby in New York of like not ozen pic, but a similar thing.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, they ad every medical.
Speaker 2: I'm injecting the OZ. It would be.
Speaker 1: Billboards for neurophan like UTI medication, Like they advertise all of the medications, which is fucking so weird.
Speaker 2: And when you go into a restaurant in like America and it says the food in here may cause cancer, they have illnesses, blah blah blah. I'm like, what, like, you feel like every restaurant you go into, You're like, is there asbestos in the food? Because the way the sign has made me feel makes it sound like I'm going to die from eating at the cheesecake factory because they've got to put her on the front door. Yeah, it's wild. The difference is how the fuck did we get from Travis Kelsey Taylor Swift here? Who knows? But anyway, what I found weird about that show in particular is the royals were also there, Prince whoever his name is, and the two kids. Oh they left out the gay one though the little gay boy didn't come. Who's the little gay Prince Louis? Is that his name?
Speaker 1: The kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got three kids, the older brother, the sister in the middle, and they've got the little one that you know is a little bit is it? Well? I don't know. I think I think he might be. But am I allowed to say that these days canceled me? I don't care. But you know he would keep All I'm saying is he would love Katie Perry's news song that little one.
Speaker 1: But she like Kate Middle, well, she's still I saw another thing the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, as soon as they pointed it out, I went, wow, facelift like and I'm not saying she's lying about the cancer. Maybe it's a case of both both happening at once. She's getting a case for sure.
Speaker 1: I could imagine the NDA's in the hospital that would have to be signed. If the fucking princess or whatever she.
Speaker 2: Is wouldn't even be a hospital, be their own.
Speaker 1: Hospital, that's insane. You're gonna have got their own hospital.
Speaker 2: The Royals surely probably yeah, maybe, well, who knows and who cares. The point is Taylor Swift uploaded a selfie with the Royals to her Instagram, which was so rogue, so rogue because first of all, they all, especially her, look like fucking wax Me like Madam to Sword's Vibes like it. It looks like Travis Kelsey has gone to Madame to Swords or like no.
Speaker 1: And got a photo with them all.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift's makeup is so perfect, and I don't know if she's put a little face tune on that. I don't think so, But she's just looks so perfect that. I'm like, it looks like they are at Madame Dasword's like, have a look at this. This is like a dad And no, what is this?
Speaker 1: He doesn't look like a wax figure? He looks normal. Who the dad?
Speaker 2: Prince William? Is it Prince William?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But Taylor Swift looks a bit wax figure.
Speaker 1: He doesn't she get her teeth look perfect? It's the red lipstick too, and the perfect lips. Travis think it looks like he looks like a Aussie blow like he would be at the fucking pub on the weekend in the pokies, Like I must not be surprised if I saw him in the pokies.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And the kids, like, who do the kids look like? Does you reckon? They look like the dad? They certainly don't look like the mamk Yeah no.
Speaker 2: I think the boy kind of gives mum. But the girl, poor thing, looks like the dad. Oh. I don't I feel so bad when people say to like little girls, oh, looks like a father. I go, how fucking offensive? But it's true. She does look like her dad. So sorry.
Speaker 1: I feel like if I had a daughter and she didn't look like me, I would be fucking offended, Like, imagine all that effort. Like back to AJ's like our niece, which is AJ's brother's kid, looked exactly like her dad and nothing like the mom. And I'm like that's offensive. Yeah right offensive. Lucky me and AJ look like brother and sister.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the point is, I forget where I was gonna go with that Taylor Swift thing. I just thought it was rogue. All her photos are such perfect photos, and their photos of tour and stuff like that. She hasn't posted a selfie in.
Speaker 1: Like I would love to see celebs posting more just like candid photo dump same, be more fucking real.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: That's what I would do if I was a celebrity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just post a selfie with the Royal family that's really relatable and done to earth.
Speaker 1: No, but post raw real photos, That's what I'm saying. Well, speaking of celebs, I'm sure you saw and everyone, which, by the way, is so fucking embarrassing. What justin Tim blaket and pulled over and arrested for driving under the influence. Yes, why, I know we've spoken about this. No, we spoke about celebrities cheating and thinking they can get away with it. Yeah, I think the same for this, Like, why the fuck would any celebrity like even risk having like one drink with dinner and driving home like they have that much fucking money, get a private driver or call a fucking uber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But also like I wonder how much over the limit he was because America has different Here in Australia we have a zero point zero five. Yeah, Like in America, some states are zero point zero two, some states are zero point zero.
Speaker 1: If you're a celebrity with millions of dollars, why would like I wouldn't even risk going out for dinner and having one glass of wine and then driving home, Like, because you're a fucking celebrity, So that shit is going to get out there to the universe. Yeah, why do they do it?
Speaker 2: Also? I feel like even if you're really drunk, one thing I've not understood with like DUIs is even when I'm so drunk I can't even say my own name, it's still a very conscious choice to get in a car and drive it. Do you know what I mean? You don't just acccidentally get into the car, put your foot on the brake, turn it on, and reverse out of your carspot and drive away. That's not an accident.
Speaker 1: No. If anything, maybe they feel like it's more of a good idea because they're like, fuck, yeah, let's just drive.
Speaker 2: No, surely not. My brain isn't computed that way.
Speaker 1: Worth it just fucking leave your car there and get it the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just doesn't make sense. I can't compute in my brain that someone could actually put their foot on the accelerator while being drunk, do you know what I mean? Like that doesn't work in my brain anyway. So it's just weird that he's decided. So what I'm saying is Justin Timberlake has made a conscious decision, in my opinion, to get behind the wheel and drive drunk.
Speaker 1: Fucking idiot, Yeah, stupid. I don't know much about Justin Timberlake, Like I used to love his music back in the day when he came out with all those old banger songs. But since seeing this happen, I've then been reading like all actual bad, terrible things that he's done. And I even saw one video of him from years ago, like shaming Britney Spears, telling her to get off the alcohol. And then now he's just gotten fucking arrested, So imagine how happy Britney Spears is right now, fucking Slay queen.
Speaker 2: And also to be like, imagine being in that mindset where because when he was pulled over, the police officer didn't know who Justin Timberlake was, and he said this is going to ruin the tour, and the police officer said, what tour, and Justin Timberlake apparently responded the World Tour.
Speaker 1: The police officer would have been like, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Like, imagine I don't know what I'm trying to save. Like imagine getting arrested for drink driving and the first thing you think is, fuck, I've done the wrong thing. The first thing you think is, oh shit, my world too is gonna be ruined, Like why would you fucking I feel like that just shows his character in general, you know what I mean, like to be only concerned about that and not maybe could have killed someone, but no, let's just care about the World Tour, which, by the way, I've watched online and is almost like it's giving. What's it giving? It's it's giving like Hillsong conference to me, like it's giving church conference. It's giving. It just looks like one of those culty experiences scientology. He's floating from the roof. Everyone's singing. But I'm like, I've just seen on TikTok. I'm watching the videos going. That doesn't look like a fun concert. That looks like a ritual. Like a ritual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to look it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's strange. And then again, people probably think that about the ears to it, don't they probably probably once upon a time, you had a genius little way. This has stuck with me for ages. Okay, this is probably back in like I want to say, twenty sixteen, you told you told me about this. You said, I'm scared. What did I say? You said you had a genius way to like piss off a police officer. You said, if I was ever pulled over for doing something wrong on the road, I know exactly how i'd act because I know that it would piss off the police officer and it would ruin their day.
Speaker 1: Or did I say I would just act completely unbothered.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I thought it was the most genius thing ever, Because do you remember saying that. You were, like, if I was, you know, got pulled over for doing something and the police offer came over and wanted to get me in trouble. You were like, I would just act so unbothered. And if they said you're getting a fine for one thousand dollars, you go, that's fine. I'll get that paid in the morning. My sister I still pay that for me the morning, And just like, because it's true, I feel like police officers are like there to teach you a lesson.
Speaker 1: It depends who the police officer is. Like, you might get one pull you over and they're like really nice. Then I wouldn't act that way. But you know, I feel like stereotypically police officers like did you know that you're doing twenty k's e the spoon, I'm going to give you a fine. Well, I think it would really piss a police officer off if you just acted so unbothered, Oh no worries, like yeah, thanks. I would do that if the police officer is rude. But if he's like a legend, you know, I'm just going to be like, yeah I fucked up, eatdn't. But if he's an asshole, I'm fucking acting so unbothered. I feel like that would make them so mad.
Speaker 2: They want to fight, you know, they want to get you get your going.
Speaker 1: How did you remember me saying that?
Speaker 2: It's just one of those things you said, and it has always stopped.
Speaker 1: Story like five years ago, what I think that was like on my story like five really?
Speaker 2: No? Oh yeah, no, you told me though. I remember sitting in your apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that would have been like eight years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when you told me, and I remember, and you were still driving a little black Master sports Model at the time, and I remember you're saying that, And it's just always stuck with me because I was like, if I ever got pulled over like I would probably act like I would act that way because you said that, but also you don't want to piss them off more.
Speaker 1: No, and you have to just play it by ear.
Speaker 2: That's just always stuck with me. So there's your life lesson of the day.
Speaker 1: Act completely unbothered. If you get pulled over and you're getting a fine and the police officer knows that they're ruining your date, act like it doesn't even phase you at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if you've got any stories of being pulled over and maybe you've acted like that or something funny has.
Speaker 1: Happened, Well, I've got a little story just quickly.
Speaker 2: Email it to us. I was going to say, but yeah, you go ahead, kick us off with.
Speaker 1: One one Christmas maybe five years ago, oh maybe even more, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was at my mum's in the morning and then with my nan and stuff, and then I went home and I got a new perfume for Christmas that year. Must have been off shas.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is one of those stories.
Speaker 1: No, it's going to be quick. The perfume was a Marni coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we needed to know that for the crux of the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I packed it in my bag and then I was going to like my other family's house. I had it in my bag on the seat beside me. I because it was new, got it out, sprayed it all over, then started driving, got pulled over for no reason, like not at a breath testy thing or whatever. But he did the random breath test because it was Christmas day, hadn't been drinking, and then it came up like alcohol, and he's like, it's shown up alcohol. I'm all my peas at this time a lot longer than five years ago. And then he had to do it again and it came up again like alcohol. In your system, and luckily he was really nice. But he said, have you just sprayed perfume? And I said I have and I had it right there with me and I showed him. I was like, I literally just sprayed this. So even a spray of perfume can be picked up on the breath test thing. Yeah, so be careful people.
Speaker 2: I knew about that, but I thought that was going to end with you saying you got out of the car and did it, because apparently that helps if you get out of the car.
Speaker 1: Nice to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, Okay, well there you go, life hack for you. Don't in the car I've been drinking spray perfume. No, no, you're canceled me for that. No, no, the legal team won't even let that one slip through. Anyway. We should wrap this up before I say anything else that will get me in trouble. Rate five stars. We upload every Tuesday and Friday, and you already know all of this, so I feel like so stupid when I say it each week. But if you're new here, welcome, You're now a scroller.
Speaker 1: Do people even listen to this bit? But all of you listening right now? Are you actually here? Can you do you listen all the way to the end.
Speaker 2: Let someone actually like? Do they all click off as soon as we go we're wrapping it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Or do they stick around? We'll do a code word at the end. Do code word at the end and see how many people comment to code.
Speaker 1: Email us, I mean, don't email us, d m us the word pine.
Speaker 2: Cones, comment on my photos, getting engaged.
Speaker 1: Comment on both of our recent posts pine cones, and then we'll see if we get any comments on pine cones.
Speaker 2: Imagine if we get two, that's crazy. Anyway, you can follow us, by the way, if you don't already, for some goddamn reason, you are Britney Lee Saunders. Why did I say it like that? And you can search for me anyway. All right, hey, you'll need those two. The only reason I said that is for the Instagram because you've got to go comment pine cones anyway, DL, I better let you go. I've got to go show my peacock, my peacock.