Speaker 1: Go get your every day.
Speaker 2: Adelaides a couple of US astronauts about to get back to Earth after longer than expected stint in space.
Speaker 3: Sonny Williams and Which Wilmore are scheduled to be just hours away from a long awaited return to Earth after an incredible nine months in space.
Speaker 1: So initially they went in June spoke.
Speaker 3: They were like eight days guys tops max, guys max eight days max. And then nearly ten months later they are making their long awaited return. The thing that sticks with me about this is her hair. For the entire time that they've crossed to them in space, it's been like on an end. So I guess the first thing she'd want to do was get her roots touched up when.
Speaker 2: She gets back to Earth, roots are out of control.
Speaker 1: And then maybe just run a gh D through that bad boy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely speaking of as well, we'd segue. But do you think that they fell in love?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You know that it is makes me, It gives me think about that.
Speaker 3: You know that expression, I would not sleep with you if you the last person on Earth?
Speaker 1: Well what about in space?
Speaker 2: What if you're the last person in space?
Speaker 1: How do you do it in space?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 1: You cover up the cameras. For a start, you couldn't get that suit on and off easy.
Speaker 2: And when you're floating around as well, it's hard to get sort of you know, the gravity points. I don't want to get bogged down in details.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean getting that right on Earth is difficult for you, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten when if you had in Spain.
Speaker 3: So extraordinary scenes, but you were right about the muscle atrophy because they've been floating around for so long. They've been doing exercise and things in space, but it'll take six weeks worth of rehabilitation to get them back reacclimatized to being back on Earth. The other thing is space food. Can't imagine it be that good. Plain food's awful.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Do you remember space sticks when you're a kid. No, the confectionery space sticks? Oh no, it was awful. But their whole marketing campaign was this is what they eat in space. You know, it's not even nice by a meaning, because that's what the astronauts eat.
Speaker 3: Jezu fell for some mark geting stuff. My god, Yeah, so let's do this. Thirteen twenty fourteen, When did you get stranded somewhere we'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 2: I got a nice early called Philip. Good morning to you, mate, fellow.
Speaker 4: I got stranded in the pantry of our house.
Speaker 2: Happens there, it happens.
Speaker 4: Here's the funny part reason why. At the time, we had a dog, a little multi shit through cross called Lucy. It was my mum's dog, typically the family dog. But she knew that if you were going into the pantry, she would get a tree. So I didn't want to begging. I tried to sneak into the pantry.
Speaker 1: Ah, got cha, Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And so as I'm in the pantry looking for my food, I can hear the little click crack of this rat running towards the pantry door on the tiles. Yeah, she jumps up and pushes the pantry door shut on me. And there is no handle on the inside of that pantry door. Thankfully though, because I was a team at the time, I had my phone with me at all time, so I was able to call my mum, can you please come and let me out? The dodsters trap me.
Speaker 1: It was a total time, Philip, that you were stuck in the pantry.
Speaker 4: Oh, it wouldn't have been ten minutes.
Speaker 2: But in that time, because you think that you're trapped, you said, well, this is my life now, yeah, and these are my supplies and I don't have much time land.
Speaker 3: Like a little doomsday exercise, isn't it. Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Where were you stranded off the back of these astronauts who are finally returning to Worth after what nine almost ten months in space? It was supposed to be eight days?
Speaker 1: That's crazy? Take more cause, next, where did you get stranded? Sarah?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Good morning, beautiful people. How are we good?
Speaker 1: Thank you? This sounds horrific.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 5: I'm still traumatized yet.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: Our family was traveling in Europe in twenty eighteen and part of that euro trip was in London. So at the time our children were my son was sick and my daughter had literally just turned thirteen while we were yes, So I thought that it would be a lovely occasion to take the children into London on the tube and have a bit of a sight see around London. So I have been to England before, so I was very very aware of when you get on the tube, you get on and you get on quick. Those doors slam shut and they.
Speaker 4: Are relentless yep.
Speaker 5: So I had primed my children about this. So I was holding my son's hands in one hand and my daughter's in the other, and I shoved him on the front of the train, and I've gone to get in, and then as my daughter is proceeding to walk in, the doors shut, so rather than jumping on, she has jumped backwards back onto the platform. The doors have slam shut and the tube has taken off. So I am streaming going the train, the train, and everyone's just sitting there ignoring me, and I'm like waving out the window, trying to like stay stay there, stay there, like I'll come back. I'm beside myself, going I don't even know if this train is expressed. I don't know where the next stop is.
Speaker 6: I don't know how I.
Speaker 5: Can get back to my daughter. So what felt like an eternity later, we got off at the next stop to then go, okay, well that's great that I'm at this platform, but does the train that's going back the other way? Is that an express? Does that stop at the next stop to get me back? So I just winged it and I got on the next train that was going the other way back I get back to that same platform and my daughter was not there, so I got off the train. Then see this little head poke around the corner. Because it was so busy, she went and stepped around the corner so I couldn't see her. She's walked out. I burst in to see if she's given me a big huggins sort of like was very beside herself too. Yeah, yeah, my daughter got stranded on a platform in London.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, possibly could go wrong in the subway in London.
Speaker 1: Well by yourself, Sarah.
Speaker 2: Have you ever no mobile phone? That's the other thing. Have you ever felt a feeling like that before? Because I'd imagine there's nothing that could be it would be the most disgusting feeling, apparently, And no, And.
Speaker 5: You know, I still reflect on it every now and again. Now that goes exactly like you said, You're like all of the things that could have gone wrong. I'm like, oh my god, Like she didn't have to say she didn't have a phone, because it's like, yes, she had a mobile phone, but didn't have a SIMP so she couldn't bring me. I didn't know like where she was. And I'm just swinging it going see God, please let her still be there face And you know.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised. I'm surprised no one helped you though, Sarah. That's the thing, Like, oh, I.
Speaker 5: Just I just couldn't believe it because it's just like you know, over there at like Express and then it's the door shut and that's just the norm, and everyone's just sitting there reading their book and no emergency stop button. And I'm just like, hello, people, like we've just on the platform and even like you know, the window for this driver. I'm like, you're in Australia, you know they look out on the platform and see what's going on. Yeah, I'm like, are you bin.
Speaker 1: Awful? Thank you? Sarah?
Speaker 2: Can we have a bit of event? Is that Okay? I'm thirty nine years old and I think I've just about had it with workplace catchphrases and buzzwords, those wanky work terms. Yes, they just drive you insane. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: There's one I've been known to use, and that's just touching base.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's just touch base.
Speaker 1: Let's just touch base. I don't know why we don't say let's just catch up.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. A lot you love a touch base via an email. Don't you there, it's not good. Some good ones as well, and if you google them. Oh it's universal. Yes, it's not just in this country. It's not just in this city. It's absolutely everywhere. We go through a few of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's one that I have never heard of, boil the ocean, which is allegedly an over dramatic way of saying something is too ambitious, so you can't boil the ocean.
Speaker 2: Tough gigboyling.
Speaker 1: Though someone said that to me. I'll be like, there's.
Speaker 2: One that I hear frequently that is move the needle. Wh are we going to move the needle? And I thought, I think we both spoke with this. I thought this was the radio.
Speaker 3: It was just a radio thing, like move the dial, you know, like some make people switch from one station to another.
Speaker 1: What are we doing to make people do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought that was just a uniquely radio thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's not as universal.
Speaker 1: Apparently everyone's moving the needle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently they're at least trying to the other. One as well, is something that everyone says. It's one at the end of the day, and also people talking about it being a game changer. Oh, this is the game changer.
Speaker 3: Right, we would love to take your calls on thirteen, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: We'd love to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 2: Please hit us up. I've got no doubt that somebody has been on the end of an email like this. Okay, and just see if you can spot all of the wanky work terms in this. Jude's all right, it's from a manager, just trying to unify the group so we all work together. We're all in synergy, try and achieve the same goal. Hi, everyone, if I could just take this opportunity to circle back on the topic we spoke about last week. I really feel like forgive it one percent. We can move the needle and drill down on the key topics. Let's stay flexible, Let's be ready to pivot and drill down if needed. Please keeping the loop with any changes. All the best, Andrew ps. Teamwork makes the dreamwork. And doesn't that just get the guys together to really achieve the company goal.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was some That was very motivational. Actually, are you on board now? Also? I love your email voice too.
Speaker 2: It's good, isn't it. It's quite sarcastic. Are you feeling those vibes?
Speaker 1: Let's go to Maddie this morning. Hey Maddie, how are you doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Says Okay, what's the wanky work phrase that you dislike heavily? Let's unpack this, okay, uses that in your workplace?
Speaker 1: You don't have to name names.
Speaker 5: I do it myself to be honest.
Speaker 2: On You're not winning friends in your workplace? What do you mean you the manager?
Speaker 1: What do you mean when you say that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a manager, so I know what it comes out like word bomb at some times, but I think I reposed it myself as previous managers.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's addictive, Maddie.
Speaker 3: As a manager, do you sometimes and I just have to be very careful because Boss Josh is in the studio, But do you sometimes feel like you feel like you have to fill the space with words and so you just have to come up with phrases and things just to say things to make it sound like you know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I think that's absolutely touch base, low hanging fruit, take it offline, the apps.
Speaker 1: Explain the sandbox, et cetera, et cetera. Yeah, absolutely, good morning, Shelley. How are you doing?
Speaker 6: Morning?
Speaker 5: God? Good?
Speaker 6: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: What's the work phrase that does your head in.
Speaker 6: Well, there was a couple where I used to work ages ago. One was our GM would always say to dress the elephant in the room. I thought they were talking about me. And then our financial guy, when he used to send emails, always used to put EO M at the end of his emails, and we were thinking, what the heck is that and it ended up just being end a message. I'm pretty obvious when you're signature at the bottom.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, I don't think that's unnecessary informations a full stop, man.
Speaker 6: That's it. Well, I used to put E A D in the end and everyone eventually figured it out.
Speaker 5: Got it.
Speaker 2: To explain that, mate, you might want to jump onto Urban Dictionary for that one.
Speaker 3: Let's go to our cars, Shelly suggesting that he snack on something.
Speaker 1: Perhaps I don't know.
Speaker 2: The following segment.
Speaker 1: Content graphic language and nothing. You'll see it only offended. Well, you're about to find out just how easily.
Speaker 2: Your father he's only money.
Speaker 3: Jody and Naughty at sixty.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, finally as faith that jodid it could be herself really really talk from the heart and soul. It's the Naughty at six forty, it's where are a little bit blue? A little bit more risky? Before we straighten up up to seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: I was at the one time that I come to the party and I've got something for the naughty at six forty, You're like, she loves it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, look at this one. Ain't keep Alicia.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she's so obsessed with the naughty at six forty. I have one little story to tell you. And here we are anyway, Can I ask you a question, Andrew Hats when did you first work out how babies were made?
Speaker 2: After my second born? I would say late primary school?
Speaker 1: Okay? And how how did this information come about?
Speaker 3: Was it just you and your little dirty mates talking behind it the stalls in year six?
Speaker 2: I think it was my sister that told me, oh really yes, in a very very educational purpose.
Speaker 1: I don't take a stirty bird from way back.
Speaker 2: I don't think I trust me. It's no sort of weird, sort of tazzy vis going on in the country. I don't think Mum or Dad sat me down and gave me the chat about the birds and the baby.
Speaker 3: See that's sad because they had the perfect opportunity with all those animals on the farm. They could have just taken little Andrew out and said, look see those cows.
Speaker 1: See what they're doing.
Speaker 2: I thought they were just it was a failed game of leap frog.
Speaker 3: So my sister in law was telling me how her son, so my nephew decided to on the way home from school, tell her how babies are made, which is a fascinating story and a fascinating tale.
Speaker 1: And he said so much something to tell you.
Speaker 3: It was the biggest thing of the world. She's like, yes, Edie, go for it. And he was like, right. So I found out how babies are made, and this is what happened, and this is what happens. So a mummy and a daddy and they meat and they fall in love, right, and then he puts his penis in her vagina and leaves it there for nine months.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. It's not far from the train.
Speaker 3: It's not. If you're a woman who's ever been pregnant, that's exactly how it feels.
Speaker 1: You've just been screwed for nine months.
Speaker 3: We quite like to rag on gen zs sometimes, but some of this stuff is quite ingenius. Because gen Z workers have revealed the ways that they're stealing company time By task masking, it's basically where employees make themselves look busier than they are. For example, one twenty six year old said, get your email up on your full screen and then get your e book up. So I presume that's a book that you can read, you know, like a kindle, minimize it to the size of an email preview and read it all day. My girlfriend read seventy four books at her desk last.
Speaker 2: It's very good on company time. Perfect, That is not bad.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, twenty seven year old Mazy disguised as her on the clock yoga classes as medical appointments.
Speaker 2: Very good, that's a good appointment.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I say, I'm going to the gym, you know, the gym, which really is just like go to get facialist. But I tell my don't think because it's called the gym, and get away with saying I'm going to the gym.
Speaker 2: There you go. It's nice to me in a spot where we're talking about jen Z and we're really applauding them.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, guys, you would have been a genius at this time.
Speaker 2: My gosh, I'm just going to say, because it's in different states, so it doesn't matter it right, we're looking in trouble now. My first job as a nineteen year old was working at the Greenwood Hotel in North Sydney and it's a big establishment. Yeh, really cool class.
Speaker 3: You are you not going to get in trouble because you were nineteen and now you're thirty eight, so we're all good here.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks Joe, that's actually thirty nine. I appreciate taking here on.
Speaker 3: It actually a statue of limitations as to how long you can get in trouble from the Greenwood Hotel.
Speaker 2: For anyway, imbazzled by it, I mbezzled twelve million dollars. Would they get in trouble? That's not what happened. What I used to do is and I was living with two other blokes at the time, and we were not very fancy in the way that we lived. I would steal a single glass each and every shift, now, whether that was a pint glass, a schooner glass, a cocktail glass, and a shot glass. And by the end of it, I had like ten pint glasses, ten schooner glasses, the most outrageously perfect set of cocktail glass as well, and all these shot glasses we had the best glass were for three poor nineteen year olds. It could possibly come across dodible.
Speaker 1: Well done, mate, thank.
Speaker 2: You very much. I also we also used to sit there because we were very, very intelligent. I remember sitting in the toilet and getting my calculator out and just calculating how much money I was making per second while seeing in the toilet for two.
Speaker 1: Hours right on the company Dine, on the company Dine. I don't think I've.
Speaker 3: Told you about this before, but before I studied journalism and media, I did nursing for six months.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that I knew I hadn't told you that.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's always so loving and caring.
Speaker 3: I guess no, that's why I didn't deplete my nursing Well, I didn't complete my nursing degree, because what they do is they put you in the nursing homes to weed out the ones that are serious about being compassionate and caring for them, yes, and the ones that are like, no, thank you, I don't want to wipe mister Graham's bottom in room thirty two.
Speaker 2: Yes, so anyway, and you're part of the latter.
Speaker 3: And so when I had to wipe mister Graham's bottom in room thirty two. I would go round the side and read a magazine.
Speaker 1: I would just.
Speaker 3: Disappear, just disappear, and no one seemed to ask where I was.
Speaker 2: Until the fact that mister Graham started developing DAGs.
Speaker 3: Tasmania FC, the much anticipated new football club in the AFL, has revealed the name and look of its mascot on the first anniversary of the announcement of the new club's name and colors. His name is Roman, and he is indeed a Tasmanian devil.
Speaker 2: Anyway, a second Roman, Can you take us through the origins of that? There's got to be some sort of significance. It's a very quirky name, a bit.
Speaker 1: Of a hope about thing. My grandparents used to call me a little rummen and rough on me on the head when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: It's like a little like a little devil, like someone a little bit eccentric and cheeky.
Speaker 2: Okay. So that's exclusively a Tasmaniy thing, just like the NBL side the jack jumpers. A lot of people still trying to work out what a jack jumper is. There you go produce, we go.
Speaker 3: So he's made from recycled materials, which is so very Oh, we're very close to them, to the pristine Antarctica, and we like to keep things clean of climate change, et cetera, et cetera. That's very Tasmanian, recycled old school clothes. And weirdly enough, his face is made of an old leather jacket classic.
Speaker 2: Which is strange because you don't see much sundown in Tasmania.
Speaker 1: No exactly.
Speaker 3: So look, the brief was to not make him terrifying, but I think we've got mixed results. It was made in conjunction with a puppeteers organization, so my first thought was.
Speaker 1: Well, a little bit scary.
Speaker 3: But what's interesting about old Roman is they will wield about last night and then he would eat a football, so he had a sharon and then he would turn around and poop it out.
Speaker 2: Every single time. It's like I'm just gonna go kick with Ruwan.
Speaker 3: Again, footing once again. And he's also got kneepads. Do you want to know why hear?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: Is he some sort of skateboarder?
Speaker 1: No, that's a nodg too.
Speaker 3: There's a famous football over oval in Queensland, which is like northwestern Tasmania and it's.
Speaker 1: A gravel oval, completely gravel.
Speaker 3: There's no grass on it because it's a mining town and they couldn't grow grass, so therefore they just play on gravel.
Speaker 2: Hang on, but they still do it. Do you know they still play football?
Speaker 1: They do? Is that safe?
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: I've seen pictures this morning if some of the players with blood is pouring from their knee caps.
Speaker 2: A tazzy devil, tasty devil is supposed to be terrifying, by the way. Yeah, do you guys know what sound a tasty devil makes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's generous. I think that's actually a lovely version of a tazzy devil. Have you heard them? Listen to this. If you could be designed to be ferocious.
Speaker 3: If you could just get me the sound of a tazzy devil pooping out a Sharon, that would be great.
Speaker 2: At the same time, let me work on that behind the scenes.