Speaker 1: Why on Skyins Australia. This is de Nika de Georgio.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the show. Coming up tonight. Anthony Albinezi issues his strongest condemnation of Israel to date, saying its actions cannot be defended or ignored. What about the actions of Hummas Labour's green hydrogen and energy plans are off the rails yet Chris Bowen remains in denial, saying everything is going swimmingly and I'll speak with just Into Nampajimpa Price about the fiery clash in the Senate over Welcome to country, but first tonight. The relationship between Australia and Israel has hit its lowest level since the Middle East Crisis began. The Prime Minister has released his strongest statement to date condemning Israel and actually had the nerve to dictate how the Jewish state should be defending itself against barbaric terrorists. He says, the situation in Gaza has gone beyond the world world's worst fears. This conflict has stolen far too many innocent lives. Tens of thousands of civilians are dead, children are starving. Gaza is in the grip of a humanitarian catastrophe and Israel's denial of aid and the killing of civilians, including children, seeking to access water and food, cannot be defended or ignored. Now, this is the sort of commentary on the world stage that would embolden humus. And isn't it fascinating that it was only last week the Prime Minister was whining and dining in China, a communist regime that has intimidated US militarily and economically, has committed human rights abuses, and is cozying up to the dictators of Russia and Iran, and not a peep from Anthony Alberizi on any of it. He seems to only find his voice when it's convenient, and yet is all too happy to alienate our allies. The Foreign Minister also reiterated the PM's call.
Speaker 3: The situation in Gaza is beyond the world's worst fears, and children are starving, civilians are dying. What is occurring in Gaza in relation to the lack of aid and children and the deaths of civilians seeking to gain aid is indefensible.
Speaker 2: Now, let's be very clear, Israel is fighting for its existence. It's fighting a war on multiple fronts against Hamas, the hooties, hesbla a ran. It's fighting a war it did not start, and a war which could end tomorrow if Hermus just release the hostages. It's not done that. In fact, her Mus even today refused a new cease fire deal by Israel and the United States. President Donald Trump's Special envoy, Stephen Whitkoff, says that Harmas's latest response shows a lack of desire to reach a truce. He says, while the mediators have made a great effort, Hamas does not appear to be coordinated or acting in good faith. We will now consider alternative options to bring the hostages home and try to create a more stable environment for the people of Gaza. He said, it was a shame that Hermas has acted in this selfish way, and yet our prime minister is blaming Israel, saying we call on Israel to comply immediately with its obligations under international law. He wants Israel to comply. What about calling for Hermas to comply with international law. Hamas is seeking to wipe out Israel. It's still holding fifty hostages and who knows how many of those are dead or alive, and Albo wants Israel to comply. I mean, the PM is pandering so far to the left of his party. His moral outrage is so entirely misplaced. Her Mus has killed its own Palestinian aid workers in Gaza, It's taking control of food trucks and has used Palestinians as human shields, all the while Israel, along with the US, launched the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation to get aid to the Gaza strip. Her Muss is the issue, it always has been. And what is the terror group doing? What's its subjective? Well, it's taking the aid to fund its own terror activities, turning the lives of innocent people into a profit making machine. Even as Israel fights for its survival on every front, Anthony Alberinezi and Labor again seek to demonize it, and much of the media agree, constantly distorting the issue and painting Israel as the enemy. Labour's dwindling support of israel I fear has now gone, as of today, beyond the point of no return. I mean, this government has sunk Solow. Just this week it joined twenty eight countries condemning Israel and calling for an end to the war. And this was a statement which was welcomed by Hamas. Anthony Albanesi still has not visited Israel yet, He's had the time to jet set around the world and to China. When the Foreign Minister went to Israel, she refused to watch the footage of the Harmas massacre. And yet Anthony Abernezi wants Israel to comply. I mean, Israel is not at war for the sake of it. It's not like it's having a good time in the process. He didn't ask for this war. There are fifty hostages still being held by that same terror group that murdered twelve hundred Jews and raped and tortured women. All Israel wants is its people back from the hands of butchers, and all Albo cares about is compliance. While we've been told time and time again that green hydrogen is the way to get to net zero and that Australia would be a key player in the resource despite billions of dollars of investment, Labour's green hydrogen and energy plans a surprise surprise off the rails yet again. I mean, how much of our money is being wasted on a source which has been an absolute bust up already here in Australia and around the world. Green hydrogen is expensive, it requires so much energy generation and is unevenly regulated. And now we see another nail in the coffin. Today BP has pulled the pin on the Australian Renewable Energy Hub in WA's Pilbra region, just two years after acquiring a forty point five percent stake. Now this is massive and perhaps reality is finally setting in because this project would have ranked among the largest energy projects globally. But it is decision. BP says the hub no longer aligns with its strategy. Also this week, Andrew Forres Fortescue pulled the pin on two of its most hyped green hydrogen projects. One was a one hundred and forty two million dollar plant in Gladston in Queensland. The other a nine hundred million dollar hydrogen project in the US state of Arizona, which Twiggy is now conveniently blaming on Donald Trump's policies. I mean, really, don't forget Donald Trump said, drill, baby, drill. You can't blame him for an energy source which is not economically viable. But this just points to another complete misinvestment by labor And now it's begging Twiggy for a refund. According to The Australian, Labor has made it clear to Andrew Forrest that it expects to get back the taxpayer funds used for its now failed projects look terrific. Of course, we should absolutely be getting our money back, but we're begging for mercy or was this part of the contract gonociations by Labor from the beginning that we would indeed get a refund if the project failed to get up off the ground. There's so many unanswered questions and the reality is the best way to make green hydrogen right now is from gas. You know, that evil energy source that Chris Bowen has spent the past three years demonizing until he's recent come to Jesus moment for a gas reservation reserve on the East Coast. Yet the Minister in charge thinks that everything is just going so swimmingly.
Speaker 4: Chris Bowen, letzt with the big picture.
Speaker 2: How is the clean energy transition going? In your view?
Speaker 4: I think it's going well. We can always do more and there's always more effort needed, and the job is far from done. But when you consider what we've achieved over the first three years, I would say pleased, but not yet satisfied.
Speaker 2: It's going well. Seriously, I have a completely lost count of the amount of green energy projects which have either been scrapped or delayed around the country in recent months. We've got farmers who are suffering as their pristine land is being carved up under the net zero fantasy. In Victoria, Justin to Allen has proposed a bill to allow transmission workers onto private property and fine owners who refuse more than twelve thousand dollars. Also that solar and wind generation can be connected to the grid. I mean, we need ten thousand kilometers of high voltage transmission lines as part of Labour's renewables transition, but the project is so far behind only half of it will be delivered in the next decade. And when it comes to green hydrogen, Labor is investing billions with no return on investment. The nation's largest hydrogen project in Queensland, worth twelve point five billion, collapse last month. A plant in South Australia was scrapped earlier this year. It follows a lack of progress in a near one hundred billion dollar pipeline of proposals in the hydrogen sector being championed by Labor. So once again, we're going broken backwards, yet apparently the Minister will tell you it's all going so well. All right, let's move on now to those extraordinary scenes in the Senate yesterday when Michalia Cash gave Penny Wong an almighty spray in defense of just sent to Nampaginper Price, after the Senator spoke out about welcome to Country ceremonies. This is how it went down.
Speaker 5: I am absolutely done with the virtue signaling that takes place. I am of the belief that it is not necessary to have an acknowledgment because we are all Australians.
Speaker 6: Decency and respect cost us nothing, but it goes a long way to building a sense of unity. I would hope that it would be that the opposition would reflect on the words of their own leader in relation to welcomes to country.
Speaker 2: I will stand by and respect Senator just sent to Nampa jimper Price, who every day has lived and breathed reconciliation in this country. Her father is white, her mother is black.
Speaker 3: So please don't ever come into this place again and pontificate to us.
Speaker 2: And just sent to Nampa jimper Price, the Shadow Minister for Defense Industry joins me now from Darwin, So that to really appreciate your time. Look, that was a real impassioned defense yesterday by your colleague. How do you feel about it? I was blown away.
Speaker 5: I just felt very honored that, you know, our leader in the Senate is someone who is of conviction and who would stand up in such a situation. I think that you know, Michaylia, I mean we've all sat there and listened to Senator Wong and her pontification over and over.
Speaker 2: I mean, she talks.
Speaker 5: About decency and respect, but does not really afford that decency or respect to Indigenous people if we're conservative, and she just thinks that Indigenous people or as she calls us First Nations people, should be viewed through the lens of leftist ideologues. And so look, I'm very grateful to have a leader such as Michaelia who stood up so passionately in my defense. You know, I was very heartened.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I guess it represents a bigger narrative. And you made those brilliant comments yesterday in the Senate, And I will say that Michaulia Cash also made a good point about this again today. She said that it is the left who keep pushing this welcome to country narrative. This is what she said.
Speaker 7: The virtue sigling need to end. The left need to understand a person who holds an opinion that is different to theirs. In particular, someone like Senator justinjer nmpajimper Price, who yes, she does have strongly held views about the acknowledgment and the welcome to country issue. Those views are based on lived experience each day. Her view is as valid as anybody else. Labor and the Greens now run Australia. But that does not mean that the quiet Australian's views cannot be represented in a respectful manner.
Speaker 2: I mean, is she right, because it just seems like every time this debate is talked about, you get labeled a racist, you get labeled a bigot, and the left keep pushing this agenda.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly right. I mean, you know, just as so the Hansen points it out.
Speaker 2: We held a referendum.
Speaker 5: Sixty percent of Australians don't want this racial division, you know, being accused of being racially divisive. But the minute you put one group of people on a pedestal or treat them differently to everybody else that there is exactly what division is, and viewing a group of people on racial heritage in a particular way and treating us in that way is what I would regard as racist. There are many Aboriginal people, people of Aboriginal descent in this country who are amongst the quiet Australians and are also very over the virtue signaling that it's patronizing to many of us that it still continues. I mean, seriously, I could be in a room full of people and there's all these.
Speaker 2: Acknowledgments, Well, what are you really acknowledging?
Speaker 5: I might be the only person of indigenous heritage in that room, But what does that really mean? It does nothing? Again, it does nothing. But all it does is signal, well, I'm one of these leftist allies, if you like. I'm a good little person that tows the line of an industry that we know that makes a hell of a lot of money out of the misery of the backs of those who are largely out of sight, out of mind, who couldn't give a damn about any acknowledgments or welcome to country or those sorts of things. And it's a reinvention, it's a reinvention. It's not traditional culture, which disregards real culture traditional culture. And that's the part that I think.
Speaker 2: Is most disrespectful.
Speaker 5: That it's a complete reinvention, but it's being palmed off as something that is all wonderful and part of culture. But there's always a price tag quite often involved in that. Let me ask you, we weren't taking money for any kind of cultural activity before there was settlement in this country.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll just see your spot on And even I noticed all the new labor MPs when they were making their maiden speeches in Parliament. Every single one of them got up on the first thing that they did was an acknowledgment of country. And you've got to wonder, why are you doing it? Do they even know why they were doing it? I agree with you. I think it's so trivialized. I want to ask you. Susan Lee says that acknowledgments have a time and a place, and that she would still stand in front of the Aboriginal flag. Does your sentiment and that of Senate to Cash now put you both at odds with the leader of the party. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean for me personally, I've always stated that I view myself as an Australian, I don't differentiate between my mother and my father. I don't like the fact that at the opening of Parliament we've got running out the front of Parliament the indigenous flag, the Torres strad Island flag in the Australian flag.
Speaker 2: I just think on.
Speaker 5: A global scale, we look confused as a country. Are we three groups of people? Are we one person? Are we one people? In this country? And you know we are so diminished in our country. I mean, speaking to my defense personnel portfolio, we can't recruit enough people into our defense and we can't do that because as a toll to feel ashamed of who we are, because of our country's history. So you know, how are we supposed to grow our defense industry, our personnel to defend our country in the event, you know, if we're ever to.
Speaker 2: Be attacked by an adversary.
Speaker 5: I tell you all this welcome to country nonsense means absolutely nothing. All these acknowledgments to country means nothing. For those who would seek to do us harm, they wouldn't care less about any of that. But we are so confused as a country that we wouldn't be able to pull together to defend our nation and that is of deep concern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that is the real frightening part about all of this. I just want to ask you quickly about defense. The UK and Australia have deepened the Orchest Submarine Pact with a fifty year treaty sign today, Sanator. What's your understanding of what this means for Australia. But also at a time of course, when the US is reviewing the agreements.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, I mean it's all well and good that this is occurring. It's a good step in a direction toward ensuring that we secure UCUST, certainly with the UK, but again, our Prime Minister has failed to have a face to face meeting with one of the world's largest global leaders, and as a result, we still don't know exactly what our alliance looks like with the US at the moment, a long standing alliance. Our experts are telling us that we should be working closely, being proactive with the US, that we should be issuing a new direction statement signaling to the US that is, it would be wonderful for them to be here to strengthen our alliance, to strengthen AUCUST, to strengthen their presence in Northern Australia, with our northern bases, particularly during these geopolitical circumstances that we're faced with. I mean, I don't know what the Prime Minister is doing, why he keeps dropping this ball, But in terms of ourrategic partnership with the US, it is well overdue and it's required yesterday, not today, not even tomorrow, It's required immediately.
Speaker 2: That's what we need. Yeah, absolutely, just sent it. Nampajiper Price, good to catch up. Really appreciate your time. Thank you so much for joining me on the show. Well, let's return now to that statement by Anthony Albanezi on Israel demanding it comply with international law, essentially dictating how it should defend its own country. Joining me now is Joel Bernie from the Australia Israel and Jewish Affairs Council. Joel, thanks for joining me. What's your reaction to the PM's comments today?
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me again, Danica. Well, i'll sum it up in a few quick buyer points. Obviously it's disappointing, but it's not unexpected and it's been a continuation of the policy since essentially October seven of twenty twenty three, so three quick buyer things. The first is is that we all know that Thamas is watching. Commented on the twenty eight member State statement from Monday congratulated the Australian government on its position. So we know that Kamas is watching. Kamas is a key and central player in the ending of this a humanitarian catastrophe, catastrophe that's in Gaza. We cannot deny Hamas's role in this. And I will say, as you said in your introduction, this war could have come to an end with the putting down of their arms and the surrendering of the hostages. It could have happened on October the eighth, twenty three, it can happen today. So in terms of that, Kamas is in complete control as to the end of this conflict. The second thing is that's on the micro there is a report of food shortages in Gaza, but I have seen clear footage from today. A scrum of media went to the border with Gaza and saw with their own eyes nine hundred and fifty truck loads of aid that has already been inspected by the Israelis and is now on the Gaza side of the border, ready to be delivered. It is not being delivered because the United Nations refuses to deliver it. In your introduction you talked about the distribution of aid by GHF that has been delivered millions of aid packages to those in need in Gaza. The aid is the bottleneck of the aid is because of the UN's inability and lack of desire to want to spread that aid. Now you might say, well, hold on the second, it's the Iron Nations. Why would they not be delivering aid? And this is the same United Nations that had embedded employees that came across the border on October seven, pillage raped and murdered. It's the same United Nations that it's UNRA command and controls as UNRA headquarters had come US command and Control center beneath it. And this is the same United Nations that has been perpetuating this conflict since nineteen forty eight. So the United Nations and what they say is not a stamp of approval to either say that, it's fact. Most importantly, the bottleneck of aid that is happening in Gaza now is specifically because of the United Nations. The third and most important point is on the macro. As I said at the start, Harmas is watching. Harmas praised the Australian government and other like minded countries on Monday for their recent statement. We also know that Harmas is responsible for the breakdown of ceasefire talks and was called out by the United States buy the categories and by the Egyptians because it's a must singular failure to agree to the terms of the ceasefire that could bring this all to an end. Exact clear statement was not present in the Prime Minister's statement today and I think that that is a clear mistake and it should have been highlighted in his state.
Speaker 2: Well even today. I mean, as I mentioned in that introduction that Harmas refused another cease fire deal in the US, so that they were being completely selfish in not again coming to the table. And this is the exact problem it's been Harmas from the beginning. I think Joel that this was probably the Prime Minister's strongest condemnation of israeltive date. What does that do for our relationship? Is it damage beyond repair? Now?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: The good thing is on that front, is Danika, is that the Israelis have had a very close affinity with Australia ever since its establishment. So it's not easily explainable in terms of, you know, the normal bilateral elements such as trade or shared resources or security situation. The relationship between Israel and Australia is far deeper than that. It's a friendship. It's a deep and warm relationship where Israelis love Australians, they love what Australia means to them, and they've always had this very very close affinity with each other. Now I think that that affinity is so deep that it will last the test of time. Of this current impasse between this government and the nets Nahal government. My hope is Danika, is that if people are so concerned about the humanitarian issues in Gaza, the main operator is in the main party that holds the keys to the ending this conflict. This commas and with more international pressure, including from so called friends like the Australian government, to exert pressure on Kamas to agree to the negotiated and mediated terms of the ceasefire, it will bring this conflict to an end with the aid going in and with hopeful that the hopeful suffering of the guards of people's caesars. If you have the Prime Minister really wants to end this humanitarian crisis. It's emboldened on him to pressure Comas to agree to the terms of the Sea Spire that will bring this to an end.
Speaker 2: Yes, spot on, as we keep saying, if this war good end tomorrow, if her must just release the hostages, and it's yet to do that. Joe Bernie, thank you very much for joining me on the show this evening. Appreciated Ega well. Coming up after the break my panel, we'll discuss whether the politicians should be forced to retire at sixty. That's next back, let's get into it with the panel. Our Johnny v is New South Wales Independent MP Tanyamahaler conform in New South Wales Police David Elliott, height of both of you. Good to see him. Thank you for joining me.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: I want to start in New South Wales because energy network distributors are prioritizing the installation of electric vehicle charging stations and repairing wind farms over crucial maintenance of the state's power wires. Endeavor Essential and Osgrid have been accused of seconding workers who are meant to be focusing on keeping the lights on in this country to complete compete with electrical contracts for work in the green energy space despite a massive backlog out this. I just feel like this green dream is impacting every single industry now.
Speaker 9: Well, and all these energy providers want to get into it, don't they. They want to slash the pie. I mean, there's money to be made. It doesn't surprise me their seconding staff away from much needed upgrading of poles and wires to electrical vehicle charging tenders and so forth. And you've got a government with Penny Sharp who's both the Minister for Energy and Climate Change, where she is entirely prior ties the net zero agenda in New South Wales on the back of, of course Matt Keane's old blueprint. We always going to be you know, corporate sort of subsidies and look the taxpayer subsidizing all this, and of course poles and wires have taken a back seat, and sadly it is all about renewables and.
Speaker 2: Electrical vehicle charges. They put two hundred and sixty million.
Speaker 9: Dollars in the last state budget towards grants and subsidies for these charging stations across New South Wales.
Speaker 2: That's not what the people are needing, that's not what.
Speaker 9: They're asking for. They want a reduction in their bills.
Speaker 2: They want a.
Speaker 9: Reliable energy service in New South Wales, which you don't have, and instead that's where the money is being redirected. And they won't fill any repercussions. These energy providers won't be any There will be no repercussions from Penny Sharp because that's the gender labor once right now.
Speaker 2: It's the agenda across the country right now, David. And you know tenure raises a good point. Our bills haven't changed.
Speaker 8: Well, that's wrong.
Speaker 2: That is a reality. So you can prioritize ev chargers and wind farms.
Speaker 10: Nothing's changing absolutely, and we were told that they would change. I mean, the reality is that a transition in whatever formula comes from, whether it's ten percent, ninety fifty to fifty, it's not going to happen by twenty thirty. It's not going to happen bou twenty forty. It's going to happen by twenty Maybe in twenty fifty we might have something that resembles what is acceptable today. But there is an upper hand. There is a new Southwest Parliamentary inquiry into this. At the moment I appeared before it about two weeks ago. And they are very concerned that the electricity firms are going to be trying to badger themselves into the market of just being the sole provider of EV charging stations and the like. We want competition, I mean the entire business community. I think the entire Australian community will want competition. But remember, these guys have have pushed their own product to a point where nobody wants to consume it. Therefore their profit margins are down. Therefore they have to diversify, and they're going to diversify it by trying to get some sort of monopoly or duopoly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Meanwhile, we're going broken backwards across the country. That's the problem. Now. Look, speaking of energy, I want to talk about net zero. Liberal leader Susan Lee. She's facing growing pressure from within the party to dump the target. The Nats, of course, have given an indication they'll walk away from the pledge, and now Liberal factions in Wa and Queensland are also moving to formally oppose it. How do you see this playing out now, Tanya, Because you've got Susan Lee, she's on a listening to us whatever that means, whatever that is. You know, she wants to discuss it with the party first, but you've got members grumbling underneath the surface. Well, she wants to discuss it with the party.
Speaker 9: I think the overwhelming result of that will be is that the members have had a gut full of net zero. I think if she's really listening to the members of the Liberal Party, they don't want their party pursuing this.
Speaker 5: Why pursue labor light policies?
Speaker 2: I agree, if people.
Speaker 9: Want to, they're going to go to Labor, They're going to go to the Greens, They're not going to go to Liberal Party. Susan Lay has a problem though, because I think she's there because of the moderates she's got, you know, Toomball whispering in one ear, Matt Keen and the other. I don't think she's going to change. I think, unfortunately for her and unfortunately for the liber Party, she will stay put with net zero despite suggesting that she's listening, and I think ultimately there'll be a revolt, be a revolt from the membership within the Liberal Party and further voter abandonment of the liber Party.
Speaker 2: I agree, instead of coming together and looking at what we can do to help you, the Australian people it's once again the folks. It's such an internal focus again, David, But how do you see this playing out as a liberal yourself?
Speaker 10: Well, I think, I mean Susan Lee's has got to acknowledge, will acknowledge and should be forced to acknowledge the fact that the Labor Party went to the election with net zero and they've got elected. So she's going to obviously say to her critics that Labor had a mandate, but that also forfeits the right because this thing's going to go to pastry. We all know it's going to go to pastry. So therefore she walks away from the opportunity in two three four years time, or particularly in the lead up to the next election, as powerble bills continue to go up to say I told you, sir, so I think you know, unless and if you want some product differentiation in Australian politics right now, you do listen to your party room, and you do listen to your organization, and you do listen to the National Party, and you do say, listen that zero twenty thirty is just unrealistic. It's not going to work. There is no plan that I think is sustainable. So therefore we're going to set that aside. But that's not going to say that we're going to come We're not going to come up with policies that are going to make us good custodians of the earth. But at the moment, I think she's going to be told that because the Labor Party won it with a mandate when the election with this policy, therefore they have a mandate. I think she's going to potentially deny herself some wonderful hits in about two years time.
Speaker 2: Well, that is a right gay detment. Yeah, I agree, complain and I just you know, back off the moderate the moderates point there. I just don't think that moderates can win government. I mean that's just my personal opinion. So yeah, look, let's see how this plays out. Now. I want to talk about a very interesting column in The Australian from Bernard Salt where he questions whether there should be an age limit on our world leaders. He argues, there comes a point in a politician's life cycle where younger blood would be better suited in the role, and that's at about sixty okay, So that means Anthony alb and Easy would be probably calling at quits. He's sixty two, whereas other major global players Vladimir Putin's seventy two, Shijing Ping seventy two, Trump seventy nine. Well, poor old Joe, I mean eighty two. Well what don't we say about Joe Biden? But Tanya, what do you think age limits sixties? No, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 9: I think some of the best world leaders we've had our older. I think you need that level of experience. I think you need to have as long as you're a stute and you've got your cognitive abilities. Unlike John And look at Trump, He's come back second time.
Speaker 2: It looks incredibly active to me.
Speaker 9: Let's look at Prime Minister Moti seventy five India, as you mentioned Putin Yahoo's seventy five. I mean, they're all very active leaders and they're playing a huge role globally right now. And I think they're intellect what they offer, that level of experience, that level understanding not needing to be liked, understanding that you've actually got to deliver really proper policies and strategies out there.
Speaker 2: Are they doing it? Are they doing it at sixty David?
Speaker 10: No, I mean I think I was on a comeback. It depends on your DNA, doesn't It depends on your genes. I mean, church will be Hitler at seventy and continued to serve as Prime Minister until he was eighty one, taking down the Communist Party of Western of Eastern Europe. So he was clearly up for the job at into his age, his job in the in the age you've got popes that are that run the Catholic Church into their eighties. I think Ronald Reagan was was obviously a very senior man when he was still Prime President of the United States. The Queen was still working at ninety five or whatever she was, so I think I think it's horses for course. I actually think very disappointed in Bernon for this, and I like his work, but I think it's very shallow to think that at sixty years old you have to be put out the past.
Speaker 2: I look, I agree, Sama, Maren.
Speaker 9: Do you remember the Finland prime minister, yes, six, yeah, when she was dancy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's a really young leaders that are just complete dribblers.
Speaker 2: Correct, Oh, well that's true. But yeah, I'm thinking that you get to that age where you're like Joe Biden, you start talking nonsense, then you've got a problem now, really quickly.
Speaker 9: Talking nonsense at thirty.
Speaker 2: Well true, when new studies found kids under thirteen would be happier and healthier for not having a smartphone. We're almost out of time. But you're both parents. I'd love to get your views on this.
Speaker 9: I'm always for banning smartphones at a young age. I think there's so many kids now that are around twenty or nineteen and twenty that have had a phone for the last eight years that have got a lot of damage as a result.
Speaker 2: Said they're not sleeping, it's of pausing issues within the family.
Speaker 10: I thought it and fought it, and fought it until the last I think my boys got there at fifteen or sixteen, and that was only a must. But I agree with Tanya, you've got to fight this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I think I was about thirteen when I got a foe. But it was with the old noki is, you know, And I didn't do anything but play snake on it. Remember that old game that was about it. So if you could make a call, oh that's it. I can't believe we can even dial out. But you know, phones have changed these days, Tanya Mahlo David Elliott. Thank you very much, have a great weekend. Thanks for joining me. Coming up after the break more on Labour's condemnation of Israel, plus we'll cross to London and get the latest on protests against asylum seekers. That's next. Let's return now to the Prime Minister's latest condemnation of Israel. In his strongest statement to date, he said, we call on Israel to comply immediately with its obligations under international law. And after Australia and the UK joined twenty eight countries demanding an immediate end to the war this week, a statement which actually received the praise of hermus Here was Pennywong and her UK counterpart in Sydney today.
Speaker 3: What is occurring in Gaza in relation to the lack of aid and children and the deaths of civilians seeking to gain aid is indefensible.
Speaker 11: The deteriorating situation we've seen in Gaza over the last few weeks is indefensible. I repeat my call today for a ceasefire.
Speaker 2: Joiningy now is Shadow Cabinet Secretary Andrew Wallace, who's at the food and agriculture markets on the Sunshine Coast. Good to see Andrew. Thank you so much for joining me. Firstly, what do you make of the Prime Minister's latest statement.
Speaker 1: Well, Dameika, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 12: Look at fundamentally misplaces the fact that Hamas started this war in the first instance, and Hamas are refusing to lay down their weapons.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 12: You know, both the United States and Israel this morning have walked away from the deal that they had put on the table because in the United States terms, Hamas are not operating in good faith. They do not want to cease fire in the same way that Harmas don't want to.
Speaker 2: See a two state solution.
Speaker 12: They've consistently for decades stood against a two state solution, and yet the rest of the world seems to be ramming it down their throats. They don't want it and nor do they want to cease fire. So I think this latest statement by the Prime Minister is misplaced because it fails to recognize that Hamas is the problem. Hamas are the ones that killed twelve hundred innocent Israelis. They took two hundred and fifty hostages, fifty of whom are still in captivity, and they seem to be unwilling to be able to hand them over until their demands are met. Now, as far as what is going on in guards are at the moment, it is heartbreaking. Anybody with any kind of humanity would feel a great sense of sorrow and loss when we.
Speaker 1: See what's going on.
Speaker 12: But what we don't see from the mainstream media is talking about how her Musk are keeping the humanitarian supplies from Palestinian civilians. They are stealing the humanitarian supplies that are being provided and they are either keeping it for themselves or selling it to Palestinians at exorbitant prices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And that's what you don't hear about. And you're right, her mus is the problem, as her mus has been the issue from day dot spot on. I want to ask you about any Labour has told mining magnate Andrew Forrest it wants taxpayers money back after Fortescue pulled the pin on two of its green hydrogen projects. One was in Gladston and Queensland, the other in the US state of Arizona. Andrew, You've got to wonder what sort of a deal labor has entered into here. You've got failed projects mounting up across the country, but billions of taxpayer dollars are being spent on this with no return and now we're begging for a refund.
Speaker 12: Well he really begged his belief, doesn't it. I mean, the country and industries seem to be walking away from this green hydrogen dream.
Speaker 1: You know, they all seem to be doing it.
Speaker 12: And now finally the Labor Party are saying, well, you know, give us the money back. I hope and pray that we do get this money back because at the moment it's a windfall.
Speaker 1: The twiggy forest. Not like he's short of.
Speaker 12: A quid, but Australians can't continue to have our taxpayers used on is a folly. And you know we should get serious about continuing to invest in these pipe dreams of Chris Bowen that are absolutely bearing zero fruit.
Speaker 2: Enough's enough, No, I completely agree, Andrew Wallasey. Enjoy the fruit and veg market. It looks good out there. Keep warm and you're a great advocate for your community as always.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: It's cool. I bet, I bet it is, Thanks Andrews. See you next time. Well, let's move on now. Counselors in Eping outside London have unanimously voted for the UK government to close down two hotels in the area being used to house asylum seekers. Now. Housing these people cost the UK taxpayer five point seven million or eleven point eight million Aussie dollars a day a day. Would you believe? Now? It comes after furious protests outside from locals. Join mey now is Spiked Online editor Tom Slater, Tom, thanks for joining me. What on earth is actually going on here?
Speaker 13: Well, this is a long running issue which has just been brought to boiling points.
Speaker 1: It's about twenty twenty.
Speaker 13: This hotel in Epping has been used to house asylum see because it's a policy that we've seen across the country as the small boat's arrivals continue in their tens of thousands. But what happened over the past couple of weeks was that people just snapped in the area. There was an Ethiopian asylum seeker. He was in the country for eight days and he managed to clock up three sexual offense charges in that time. And this led to more protests outside of this particular hotel, many of which, it should be said, turned ugly in the evening as troublemakers showed up. But I think what people have realized, politicians in Epping, politicians in Westminster, journalists in London even is that this is clearly not just far right troublemakers as they were caricatured, as there.
Speaker 1: Are concerns within the community.
Speaker 13: There are concerns across the country about allowing unvetted men to stay in these hotels, and I think this vote that we saw in the Council is a reminder of that. It stal falls to central government to make this decision. But I think the penny is starting to drop that you cannot go on.
Speaker 2: Like this, and I mean, you don't blame these locals for being so fed up. Enough is enough. It's just ridiculous. Now. Look, former UK Labor leader Jeremy Corbyn has launched a new hard left party, which I'm sure is just what the UK needs. But Tom, he's called it your party. What a stupid name.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's absolutely atrocious.
Speaker 13: They then had to clarify that that's not actually the name, that's just the placeholder name or the name on the website where they work out what the name is.
Speaker 1: It's been a bit of a shower, to be perfectly frank.
Speaker 13: I mean, it's incredible that at one point Labor we're putting this man forward to run the country.
Speaker 1: He can't even pull off.
Speaker 13: A website launch without turning into a complete shambles. As you say, we really don't need this, you know, something for voters to flock to if they feel that the Labor parties insufficiently Israelo phobic. That seems to be essentially the cell here. But there is a constituency for it, certainly a lot of inner cities, certainly amongst the kind of university graduate class who really backed Corbyn.
Speaker 1: When he was Labor leader.
Speaker 13: Not a party that's suddenly going to take power, I dare say, but something that could certainly be a problem for Labor in terms of eating away at some of their vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well that'll be interesting. We'll see what the official name is that once they seem to figure it out. So I want to ask you about the Royals. Prince Harry has reportedly started negotiations with the Royal family to make a joint public appearance at the twenty twenty seven in Victor's Games Tom. The event has been touted as a possible peace summit. O. Look, I don't know what do you think.
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 13: This seems like he's been in the works for a while. Some of Harry's aides, as well as some of the aids from the Palace, meeting in secret for drinks and so on. It's clear that Harry wants some kind of rap rofmone. He wants some kind of reconciliation, but it's always been made impossibly difficult by the fact that he left the royal family five years ago, he essentially trying to burn the place down on his way out, and then his wife accused everyone of being a racist. I don't understand why he doesn't see that this might make people less likely to want to embrace him, to come to his events and so on. So who knows if this might happen. One interesting detail is that it seems to be prefaced on the idea that Megan will be nowhere near the Invictors Games if they're going to appear. So if it is a kind of reconciliation, it's a pretty tepid one that they seem to be going for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, no wonder that they're maybe happy to go through with it if Megan's not there and speaks volumes of what's actually going on. Tom Slater, good to see you as always, Thank you so much for joining me. Appreciate it. Back in a moment with the winners and losers of the week, including Labour's juvenile antics on social media and the ladies from the view sent packing as the show is placed on hiatus, Welcome back. It is that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers. And helping me to do that as always, he's the lovely Proubik sway from verb communications rou Here we go again. Now you've got a few winners this week. Actually you cram them in Michaulia cash for defending just into namperjiper Price we just spoke to actually earlier on in the show, and Barnaby Joyce for his performance on Sky News yesterday. We've got to replay it here.
Speaker 1: It is bulls.
Speaker 12: Bull fight, and you know you stay away from the bulls.
Speaker 2: MVP MVP. I love him, I love him.
Speaker 14: I mean it's just fabulous, Thank goodness. Finally between him McCormick and Michaulia as well. Where reality is setting in, we need people who are actually thinkers. These two blokes have got zero tolerance for net zero at about time, and we all should we know it's a path to destruction in Saturday. It is insane. It's Emperor's got no clothes stuff. Everybody is accepting it but really knowing that it's not right. And then we've got Michaulia, who really gave it to that smart ass Penny Wong. You know, I mean, God sanktimonious, daigning and daring to talk down to and dismiss to send a.
Speaker 8: Rice.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm just so glad that we've got some liberals with some balls and fortitude and IQ let's hope it kicks in.
Speaker 2: I agree, Well done to Machayla Cash. I thought her impassion defense was just amazing. And yeah, let's see what happens with net zero. I mean, whether or not the Liberal party move on that remains to be saved. Now look my winner this week. I had to give it to women's sport because the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee they says that they will comply with Donald Trump's order of course to ban biological men from women's leagues. I mean, hello, a couple of has taken an executive order to get here. But good on the Olympic and Paralympic Committee for moving on this. The question is are we going to move on it here? Pro Why are we so far behind New Zealand today has just moved on it. They're doing the same. Sorry, we need to start actually protecting women's safety in this country.
Speaker 14: This government, the Labor Party doesn't recognize what a woman is doing.
Speaker 2: That I don't know what a woman is so.
Speaker 14: I mean, there's a bunch of lemmings and have no brains. They don't care about the safety of women. Clearly, let's hope that you know, something happened, reality hits and they do something about it. But it's a great start that the US is leading the way, and you know, thank goodness, but.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't take an executive order.
Speaker 14: All of these sporting officials should know that that's their duty to protect women the safety of players.
Speaker 2: And you actually lose men as well politically on this, because there's a lot of dads out there who are very worried about their little girls being rammed down by a biological male playing in a girl's only or women's only league. So you're not doing them any favors either, you're not doing the elector any favors. Now, look, your loser this week are the juvenile labor politicians on social media. Good grief, it's been a week for them, hasn't it. Here's some oh why do they do this? They actually look at themselves.
Speaker 14: Some little twelve year old who's running the social media department in Parliament House thinks it's really clever and cute. Actually, people on TikTok, you know, younger.
Speaker 2: Kids would see that and think it.
Speaker 4: Was a real turn.
Speaker 2: I love it. You know, I don't know that they would. I reckon they would. They think, oh, cool, they're cool, they're cool people. But I look at it and I'm like, no, you're cringe and you're actually, oh, they're disgusting. And if that's the IQ. And we know IQ is not mandatory.
Speaker 14: To be a politician in Australia, we get that well.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a lot of very good policy there are. Let's clarify, right, I.
Speaker 14: Want certain in certain parties. Maybe we could say let's labor, let's face it so you know, look, keep doing it because you're morons.
Speaker 2: You look like morons.
Speaker 14: And maybe if they're spending that time on social media, they're not making decisions can impact on our life.
Speaker 2: Look, I completely I agree with you. I saw those this week and I just roll my eyes. Now, look, I had to give my loser to the week to the view after the show is going on hiatus.
Speaker 15: And before we go on hiatus, only have one more show after this. I'm allowed to say that. Right too late now, so it doesn't matter. Yeah, before we go, I wanted to tell people that the tit is churning, the tighter is churning, and things are changing. I mean the ultimate irony would be that Rupert Murdoch will take him down. Yeah, Fox News, who created the monster, will take him down.
Speaker 2: Okay, case you've got the gist there. They're blaming Donald Trump, of course, so I just like Stephen Colbert, the US talk show hosts blamed Trump. Not to mention it was bleeding forty million dollars a year from that show and it cost one hundred million to produce. But never mind, it's always Trump's fault. But goodbye. Enjoy your hiatus. You deserve it.
Speaker 14: Off you go see thanks, you've been giving us a hiatus, Hernia. I think anyway, the views of sheelers, I've got to tell you, good Sainara, they won't be back at.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'll be back. I mean when you've got them making their Trump derangement syndrome comments every week in, week out. Please pri McSwain have a good week. Hered to again next week. Thanks so much for joining me and thank you for your company. I'll be back seven pm Sunday Night Stay with us Steve Prices next good night,