Speaker 1: Welcome to the Daily Telegraph and Roll podcast. Read to my left today. Buzzy boy, you're back. I'm popular.
Speaker 2: Have we got a new set?
Speaker 3: Only one who's listening to actually change your device and watch but made. I'm so impressed with your suit. How good are you going?
Speaker 2: Did you pay for that or at Fox Sports?
Speaker 1: This is mine? This is mine. We stepped it up in your absence. We've got the set to pay for you anymore. They could afford money on the set.
Speaker 3: You know this is a love job. You know that I don't get a penny for this. I have a Yeah, I'm going good. I got a very funny story to tell you.
Speaker 2: It's exciting. I walked out my front.
Speaker 3: Door yesterday to do the bins, bring the bins back in. You you do all those jobs, and this old lady in the car pulls up, BIPs the horn your bus.
Speaker 2: Lovely old lady.
Speaker 3: Anyway, she said to me. You don't expect me pulled up out the front of your house. You know, she says to me, love you and three sixty love you call them, She said to me, next, but go easy on the ABC.
Speaker 1: That's fair enough, she said.
Speaker 3: It's the only decent radio. Shaw the rest of its nonsense joke.
Speaker 2: I go there she.
Speaker 3: Was, but no, I was raised, and I hope you were to be polite to old woman.
Speaker 2: Of course old women.
Speaker 3: So I actually said to her, I appreciate your opinion. I don't comment on the content of the show. I just write the facts about their ratings. And I did tell her that the ABC had a much better survey than most three.
Speaker 1: One, particularly on Saturdays. I think you'll find.
Speaker 2: Brandon, yeah yeah, on Saturdays when the great.
Speaker 1: You against were against each other on Saturdays. I think it's a knockout victory for me.
Speaker 3: Can you Every second week now and now and again we get pulled up in the street. But the last here extend is a lovely old lady to be blown up about the ABC.
Speaker 1: That's good, thank you for the support.
Speaker 4: Well, good story, but.
Speaker 3: Do you think that'll keep the part is in?
Speaker 4: Honestly, this isn't the peak of the show.
Speaker 2: We're in real trouble.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some serious chat here, some sad news with you're going to bring us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, let me tell you there was a meeting yesterday and we'll go into it more depth. Of a panel of judges about a dozen judges Peter Landi's and Andrew Abdo to name the next immortal and the next Hall of Fame inductee.
Speaker 2: And Ray Hadley very.
Speaker 3: Very emotionally told the room that the great ABC and two GB caller David Thirsty Morrow was gravely ill and you know, from cancer and so and probably doesn't have that much longer with us. And like Peter Velandi's did last year when Ian Heads and George Piggins were he fast tracked their nomination. So what happened there yesterday? And David Morrow, you know, started calling back in nineteen eighty I think, and the ABC and you know my favorite try ever in Test Football ninety ninety, Ricky putting maul over at Old Trafford. He Thirsty called that. But anyway, cut to the chase. David Morrow has been inducted into the Hall of Fame, which I think is a beautiful fitting reward. Very sad. Yes, they were very special. The same time, understand, Ray rang Thirsty's wife while he was at David's bedside and broke the news. And they're very very special.
Speaker 2: And well deserve. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well and look I'm not you know, I was never that close to him, like you know a lot of his colleagues were. But I spoke to him very early when he was diagnosed with cancer and we had a good chat. And he's had a fantastic career. What I loved about him was that the ABC's you know, probably a more serious commentary network. And then he went over and joined the gibbras GB and he sort of became a Gibra and he could mix and match and yeah, and he was a good caller, very caller. Yes, so mind you, not only rugby league boys. He could call the races, call the cricket. And I think he's in the SCG Hall of Fame, isn't he?
Speaker 4: Is that the decision people, and he's and Andrew make the decision, the fast track of buzz.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was yeah, but well it's good bye.
Speaker 3: Hardly spoke beautifully though, and very respectfully. And I love what they're doing for the families. You know, it was so important for Philip Head's joy Heads and all Lean's family last year for Ian sadly passed. There's a lot more to talk about, which was a bit happier yesterday too.
Speaker 1: If you want to, well, yeah, you're part of all these discussions. The immortals look like, can you give us the latest there on what's the plan for this year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we'll have a bit of a debate here about it, but I can tell you that there is going to be an immortal name next month. I have no idea who it is. They gave us a piece of paper. We had to write one name down, not three to one name. Do they give you a list short There was a short list there and I could probably tell you the short list set.
Speaker 4: I mean, the other interesting thing you were saying, buzzer that produced the waiting period, right, the three years now, yeah, rather than five years, which brings Cameron Smith into the mix.
Speaker 2: I assume it was.
Speaker 3: Really well, I brought Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Jonathan Thurston into the mix.
Speaker 4: And yeah, well I don't think for me there's no debate bus Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'll just say none of us have a clue who it is because it was a secret vote. You know there was Bradley Clyde, Ron Kirt, Lorrie Daily, brad fit Kenny Irvine. You know that Brett Kenny's name was there. Lang and Lazarus Lockire Stirler.
Speaker 4: And it's camp for me, it's Cameron Smith. Yeah, I mean I think you look at Cam's record, it's beyond what anyone when anyone's achieved this game. Captain Country, Captny State played four how many games?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 4: Four first grade games. I don't think there's no debate for me. But you know there's some great names here.
Speaker 1: This is a bay. But I'm with you. Read I've said this before. I think I've said this as well. Of my generation of people that I've watched, I've seen two mortals, only two Andrew John's camp Smith for mine, they're the only ones that I would classify.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't wack Thurston.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: He's the only one I reckon Billy.
Speaker 3: My view is, and I certainly can't be Billy Sad has to be in a mortal because a great Warren said he was a better player than Langland's mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just think I think it's such a special absolutely, and I think we should induct as few as possible so it doesn't agree with you more so for mine.
Speaker 3: That's just And mind you, they're going to update the Hall of Fame every year, which they should.
Speaker 1: Well, there are hall of famers, right, the.
Speaker 3: Immortals is only going to be one every four years.
Speaker 4: What's intriguing there, buzz is you've got to be in the Hall of Fame before he can be in a mortar, right, But and Campsmith's not in the Hall of Fame. But just checked earlier, it might have been yesterday and you can go Hall of Fame. You can simultaneously almost go in the Hall of Fame and become awardal So that means.
Speaker 3: That arguing you one bit about Cameron Smith, but out of respect, I think people have also in that room yesterday. Also you know Ron Cook, do they know?
Speaker 2: Do they go?
Speaker 4: I don't know all those guys got claims right, because they're.
Speaker 1: All Locke Hall of Famers, right, there's not obviously not a bad plan if you want to argue with me around Billy or not, I'm not going to sit here and and really taking a task on it, right because he is. There's every argument for Billy to be in a morning right. I just think it's got to be the top of the.
Speaker 3: Top, absolutely, and you've got to and that's sometimes you just got to wait, Yeah, how long has copied? How long?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And that's why out of all those guys, so what there's what thirteen names there. I'm I'm honestly only going camp Smith.
Speaker 4: So as you saying, they've made the decision. Now they're going to induct one and more than every four years, okay, And.
Speaker 3: The good news is too there are a lot of other stories outside of that. You know that there's going to be an emphasis on women.
Speaker 4: Women are going to Hall of Fame, right, women.
Speaker 2: Referees, Yeah, referees, coaches.
Speaker 4: Arry Gomos should be the first referee.
Speaker 2: In his name came up. It should have his name came.
Speaker 3: He would have got the Coeensland votes.
Speaker 1: They should all have their place in Hall of Fame in terms of anyone who contributed to the game, to the game.
Speaker 3: But when you look at the list of contributors and you think the likes of Ken Arthur's and John Quayle, you know, and some great names there.
Speaker 4: Are you in there?
Speaker 2: Buzz? Sorry?
Speaker 4: Are you in there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think I don't think so you inde, I'm upset too many people that way.
Speaker 1: You have you retire lapse as well before you are.
Speaker 3: I don't upset to part time now, sure you call it in that room, Yes that I bagged a bit over the years, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was really nice. It was really nice to get in there.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you what you appreciate more than anything that David Middleton talk about people who need to be in the Hall of Fame. And David will get there one day when he starts telling us stories about Harry Sunderland and you know that, my goodness. Yeah, he has got a brain chip inside his hell in there and it stores data.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: You don't have to give us names, buzzy. But how many people judging the immortals?
Speaker 2: There was a dozen?
Speaker 1: A dozen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we must be thirteen and fourteen.
Speaker 1: I don't know where near that.
Speaker 3: There was some great females, Debbie Splane who's also on the Australian Sports Commission Panels and Tracy Homes from the a b C. Yeah or former ABC right.
Speaker 1: I think so so interesting it it is an interesting discussion. The only thing is if you go by my theory and you're only in duck cam Smith in four years time, you probably don't have an immortal.
Speaker 3: No, that's in four years time you do Billy's flight.
Speaker 1: There, I wouldn't have Billy in there.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go. That's you don't respect Rabs' opinion.
Speaker 1: Of course I do. Of course I do. Of course I do.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to be suggesting ram saying a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm not sitting here. I'm not going to sit here and make a with you. Let's get this so you've got Billy in.
Speaker 4: Might all be honest, I'm the Queen's and on with Mick. I'm actually not convinced Billy should be in there either. Billy.
Speaker 1: The only thing with Billy is that he did make a lot of a lot of errors. Right, if we're going to critique his game, Okay, we're going to sit there.
Speaker 4: And I can't.
Speaker 3: Make this is nonsense, that is sorry or mortals are the pinnacle?
Speaker 4: Well, they can't make mistakes.
Speaker 1: No, no, But I'm just well, why don't you think it should be in there?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if his career dictates.
Speaker 1: His shot, why what's the reason.
Speaker 4: You can't compare his career to became Smith. I agree with Tom Smith eclipses him. I would argue maybe j T is ahead of him as well.
Speaker 1: They're they're They're the two that I would argue for.
Speaker 4: And I think it's the I'm with you a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think about what about Darren Lockyer. No, it's really interesting because the voting before we were at a restaurant and trammine and where the last when Joey came in and you know now I got punted for the other one when they brought it everyone but the one when I was Darren Locke had just retired and I said to the guys in the room, do we really need five years to work out lock here? It should be an immortal that's the thing, right, that's recency biases what they call it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a bit like Mick. I think honestly for the got the value a little when they added so many people last time. I think they had to go back mate, they had to put it. But I think it should be a really elite, elite group.
Speaker 2: And how many is that?
Speaker 4: Now? What's that again? Now? A pretty significant Yeah, you really want to? Committee has to be so so even committed to one every four years. It shouldn't be we bring one every years. It should be we'll look at whether we bring one and every four years and if we think that, no, one's when we don't do it.
Speaker 3: When I retire and a lot of people listening to this are hoping it's very soon I am going to nominate my replacement.
Speaker 4: On the Immortal Source Committee.
Speaker 2: I'm open to the best offers.
Speaker 1: Love onnth Later i'll replace Ready can replace you, then I'll replace Ready.
Speaker 3: What's the age I'm not retire not long after you, mate, Bulldog.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm a bit tired with him and you two. You are actually there YouTube keeping. He knocked off one of my yarns.
Speaker 3: He did a four point fil four points?
Speaker 4: Did stitch him up?
Speaker 2: All that stitched him?
Speaker 4: That was they stitch me up the night before going on My Idea.
Speaker 3: Then Jimmy Smith was gibbering on radio the other day my idea please speak.
Speaker 2: That they had a good rating.
Speaker 4: S the n did. Yeah, they did a really good rating.
Speaker 3: They're coming after Triple M Brother and the A B C.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're going good. They're coming after your men at the Big Sports Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Well, my boy, it would be nice and clerk he turned up.
Speaker 3: It's really interesting and I'll tell you what charts is that more people listen to sport, and I think it's on the back of this sensational league season. But Big Sports Breakfast two point three Glass Survey say at two point three VOSSI and all them appear to not have taken their listeners, but have built and they've got them. True and more people in this city are listening to sport, which is great.
Speaker 1: All right, moll, gig for all of us, hopefully more.
Speaker 3: Gigs for all of it. You can't fit your dark I can always find time your latest feud. No, I've had a quiet week. Haven't feud with anyone this week. Really, you don't start those three sixty blokes they carved me up the other night. Take them on.
Speaker 4: I might have to come in for your breath and great bakfu.
Speaker 2: You know this story? Yeah, a new one on radio.
Speaker 1: Last and said everyone down here to be.
Speaker 2: With him and shut yourself?
Speaker 4: Who said I excluded myself from saying everyone down here, I'm down here when I said one's got the niggas in the night, I was including me in that.
Speaker 2: Get back flipped.
Speaker 1: Buzz. The sharks are they cooked? No, Nikko, heines, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think they cooked meat. Because of their position on the ladder, they're still third. Correct, well, they finished in the top four. No, but they'll make the Have you seen our soft Their drawer is no Melbourne, no pen or no roosters.
Speaker 1: That seems to be a theme of there last couple of years.
Speaker 3: They can't beat the pool teams in then yeah, well West Tiger is going to be interesting.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I can't bear the thought of rich and knocking me off.
Speaker 4: I can't see text he wrung me this week he was cocker hoop.
Speaker 2: I think he's he smells up that happened. So I might take the weekend off.
Speaker 4: But if they lose that game, buzz, I actually think they're in danger missing the eighth.
Speaker 1: I think they'll make the eight, but they won't make the top four.
Speaker 4: No finished the bottom of the eighth. They'll go out straight out the back.
Speaker 3: And that's the sad thing. And what I wrote on the Monday, and I don't want to rehash old news, but we did no recruitment, not one player outside of Billy Burns.
Speaker 4: But they've been so good the year before. I know that exoded in the playoffs wet.
Speaker 3: And Waite, Graham and but I think Finucan medical retirement, just his presence around the sheds was cost But I Fitzy and his coaching staff backed themselves to get more out of their current roster. And you know what, they haven't got more.
Speaker 1: They haven't got one. No, no, no, no, that's right.
Speaker 4: So I think they're in real trouble. You know. Then they've got no Nikko for how long? Two months?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Well, the best case scenarios back with the final round of the season regular season.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I can see them. I can see a sliver a chance they missed the finals, which would be remarkable.
Speaker 1: That would be like, if we're so low on.
Speaker 4: Confidence at the moment.
Speaker 1: Pull that up now. Points they're on twenty four points, four points clear of eighth, ninth, tenth.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of games if.
Speaker 1: You look at the sides that are in the sides that are out of the eight at the moment, on twenty points of the Knights and Dragons, they don't leave from.
Speaker 4: The Sharks, they play some of those teams.
Speaker 1: Then they play the Broncos, who could then they play the canber Raiders buzz who we might get to a bit later at some point.
Speaker 2: But are you going to bag Riki?
Speaker 1: Well, I just had to issue on a public apology that you made me, and since then they have really gone too well, they won a game since then.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I did predicting the come bottom four and you made me apologize so we'll see where it finishes. Make you do anything you can apologize? Well, I did, yeah, because I'm going good.
Speaker 2: W a capitulation.
Speaker 1: They were going good and now now back yourself mate.
Speaker 3: There's in journalism mate, but can.
Speaker 1: Stick pressed into it.
Speaker 3: I've had to do a little bit of backbed the club.
Speaker 1: I think we've all no one's pretty to Kennedy go as well as we did. What about Paramatta locked in Jason Ryles for the next four years? Good appointment buzz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: I think Risey is a very very smart, intelligent human being who knew he wasn't quite ready for the rebuild that Plannagan's undertaken it, Saint George Lawara, He's waited for his moment. He's had experience under Robbo, experience under Belly, experience in rugby which hasn't been all that flash with Eddie Jones more recently. But I think he can coach and yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's a great appointment. I was obviously him and Josh Hannah in the end, and I think Rilesey served an apprenticeship done his time being part of winning clubs. You mentioned the Roosters in Melbourne and I think he was a logical man for the job, and Josh Hannell get his chance next of the rank potentially, But I think this is Ben Hornby's sorry, Ben's obviously flying at the moment. Yeah, I think maybe Ben's jump Josh.
Speaker 3: So I think the right man for this job, asked you, is a new head coach enough for paramatter? Do they need to look at the entire football operation, including Head of Football Mark O'Neill, and look at what's happened there over the last couple of years. Can you expect do they need more? Do they need better recruitment? The players they lose, the juniors they lose.
Speaker 1: I think this is their opportunity now to leave their fingerprints on because it's easy to blame Brad, right, it's easy to blame Brad. So a disconnect between the footy club and the players and the players that they've lost and all this sort of stuff. Right, Well, now that excuse is gone. They've handpicked the coach. They've got the coach they wanted. The CEO had a football chairman of got the coach that they wanted. You know, they were all there when Brad was already there, and some of those things were already in place, So I'm going to judge him on the next little bit now, Buzz, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think they need to put brooms final two years ago. That's Romson needs to be tinkered with a bit, right. They need to make some change, need to keep lays to Lungey. That's crucial for them, right. They need to tinker with the roster a bit. It doesn't need a major over.
Speaker 1: But it's a reflection of obviously, but it's a reflection of the old coach too, Buzz because he he loved that power game and they invested in.
Speaker 3: Brown the stupid contract with so many get out causes.
Speaker 1: They're the same agent, stupid one.
Speaker 2: Well, Brad will get Perth and.
Speaker 1: Say anything about Perth, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trying to Well, sorry for having a vision Michael's it's so him.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that he won't. But they don't have a they don't have a club yet. Who's the pointing a coach?
Speaker 4: What do you think Brow will get the Perth job?
Speaker 3: What do you think I've had a little bit of intelligence that really there's people involved with this sort of a fan.
Speaker 1: They met him, Yeah, they didn't meet him, but they're going to meet a host a thousand people. They met a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Next time I look backwards.
Speaker 1: I just think it's premature to declare anyone coaching Perth because they just.
Speaker 2: Don't to clear them or did I you said.
Speaker 1: So? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Could be if you two want to bring Ricky back.
Speaker 1: Well if we, if we crystal ball, I've.
Speaker 3: Got forty eight years experience in this and you Boks were nappies.
Speaker 1: Maybe ready, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Rolls will wrap his arms around Dylan Brown as a matter of urgency, same as we'll do Withxact Lomax, same as will do a place to Lungey, you know, and he'll make sure Dylan's come to.
Speaker 1: The issue is the Brown.
Speaker 3: Why have they been in the last couple of years. I reckon it's to the front row.
Speaker 1: I agree, And because they've been trying to play the same game. They got him to the Grand Final and the coach never evolved, that's part of it. And the roster never evolved.
Speaker 3: You're not going to get storry when Brad signs in Perth. Your bag and him so you probably will deep in Perth. Yeah, I interview you and did interview the premier and the w A.
Speaker 1: What about that? It's very rare.
Speaker 4: I can't get a premiere on the fifth.
Speaker 1: Cookie Loves He Loves Cook. I don't know. I just think that's there'll be some changes.
Speaker 4: Rumors about going.
Speaker 1: Around Madison, Sean Lane. Those guys are on big money. Haven't been able to replicate that form. You know, there's no issue with Mitch Moses, Dylan Brown, Clink Utherson went forward.
Speaker 4: Now no, okay, no, they're not.
Speaker 1: Speaking.
Speaker 3: I need an angry man up front, don't they You know FISHA Harris and I.
Speaker 4: Know then you'd be great for.
Speaker 1: Them, and well he'll be on the market November one.
Speaker 4: He'd be great for them.
Speaker 3: So that's what they know. They know.
Speaker 1: Fash up young legs. Yeah, they need younger legs because they're not far off that a lot.
Speaker 2: To how long off for four weeks in a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to make this all a bit mate.
Speaker 2: It is a better podcast when I meet you.
Speaker 1: You got the punters have asked for you and mobs. Have you got some male and Mobsy or what's going on? He's still around.
Speaker 3: I've got an exclusive on Mobsy. You know, Gibber is still playing soccer at a Hi level.
Speaker 2: Level reasonably, I know that high level.
Speaker 3: But he's done his back. He's gone for going for pig games with Boss to get the bannings, get some concre.
Speaker 4: Claimed.
Speaker 3: Now now I'm self employed, semi retire, and he doesn't do bore.
Speaker 2: Clearly I can give it to you.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of coaches, who do we see next in line? You touched on it because it's been a it's been an interesting one because over the last few years, it's been crazy. It's given.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk about it's got a lot of trouble doing that coach.
Speaker 1: Because it's given. Was Cavin Serrado, was the Mark, Jason Royles. These are the guys of the last few years who have been anointed as long term NRL head coaches. They're off the table now, so you know, let's not talk about the older guys in terms of Mike Maguire, Brad Arthur, Justin Holbrook, guys who who may get another opportunity at some point, and they well, they will get an opportunity at some point. But let's look at some of those guys that probably haven't had a crack in the NRROL yet. Who's next in line? Readly, well, I.
Speaker 4: Think at the moment it's probably Hannah and Hornby, Yeah, right at the moment. Josh because you're knocking on the door for a while, and Ben because he done such an outstanding job at thew Sydney been on me. So they're probably the obvious guys. They're standout guys.
Speaker 3: Well. Jason Taylor of a coach again, I don't think so. He doing a good job at the Dogs with Cameron. They were fifteenth last year minus three hundred and seventy one differential. He joins the club from a premiership, but did he New South Cup? And Cameron obviously deserves the credit. But I'd put him in the mix, would you.
Speaker 4: Here's some guys ahead of him. I mean, you've got you've got the mix.
Speaker 1: You talk the Bears buzz, yeah, you talk about what he's doing over there. I just I just don't think like he had a crack at the house, had to cracket the Tigers.
Speaker 3: And he's learned a lot since then, too, hasn't he Whether he wants the pressure again, I don't think he's probably enjoying himself.
Speaker 4: I think he's got like Matt King, Mat King's Yeah.
Speaker 1: That next tier of young Dean Young, did you mention.
Speaker 3: We brought one in England?
Speaker 4: We brush Matty Bellen from our list the other day and then Maddie Bellen's probably probably probably keen down the track to have a crack and doing a good job of the Broncos. There's a lot of people talk about a lack of coaches. There's so many coaches in the system.
Speaker 3: That's now it's a different What I worry about is expansion. Is the Dolphins work because Wayne Bennett was there and em and Sally pulled together that such a competitive roster and Wayne managed it. There was and it was so important what they've done. There's no other Wayne Bennett Belliates. Yeah, yeah, And that's what worries me about that. Everyone says not enough players, but what about coaches.
Speaker 4: I think there's enough coaches.
Speaker 1: We're still thinking about what I'm saying, you made it.
Speaker 3: You need to figure ahead not just a coach, but.
Speaker 1: You look at the guys that are unemployed at the moment, they would get a job, would be brought after Michael Maguire. There's two coaches justin Holbrook. And then we're talking about guys I just Demetrio and then we're talking about well, by the way, the guys j T did we have you on a JD we put it, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The one you've forgotten about. And at the moment moment he's saying he doesn't want to be in our old coaches Billy Slave, Yeah, you know you're talking about figureheads. Maybe he would be the ultimate figurehead for.
Speaker 3: Respective man in rugby.
Speaker 1: So there's there's coaches there and it'll be interesting as you say it. Does the expansion sides go with open trickball, A few clubs would have been probably have intimated that they.
Speaker 4: Would the billy. Billy doesn't need money. I suspect I think Billy's going all right.
Speaker 1: It will be interesting to say made his one out one back like flying expansion sides. Do they go for an experienced guy like a Brad or Madge or.
Speaker 4: Do they go a biggerhead or how it's going to get the best blowdown coach regardless of who it is. I just could go and get the best.
Speaker 3: Recruitment person who's going.
Speaker 4: To be key. Yeah, we did a great job up to the dog course. He did a great job and he set them up a long term.
Speaker 3: He's just got to stop getting your mate managing him. He doesn't manage him by well doing.
Speaker 4: You're going to upset him again. Have you spoken to him since you said him last time?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: I haven't. Okay, we'll be caring a holiday.
Speaker 4: He gave you a holiday. You're about to get a longer one if you can't.
Speaker 2: It always that manages him.
Speaker 1: Quit Origin chat before we get into some questions. Sure make fire.
Speaker 2: Finally got out of you.
Speaker 1: Are you happy with the new South LALs team?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Obviously Bradman best in for.
Speaker 2: The same with La Treill.
Speaker 3: When you turn the TV on Wednesday, you wish he was running out, but Bradman best My goodness, five hundred meters two weeks score and try.
Speaker 4: How's his hammy? How's he going?
Speaker 2: You're right, he'll be right?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I like the I actually don't mind the Barnett.
Speaker 3: Well remember what he didn't you cast all those years ago when he took a blake out off the ball with his help?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's Chris Smith. That's not Origin boy.
Speaker 3: You don't ever forget I had an argument, but he can't. He backed him on that show that time. Because anyway, what about you.
Speaker 4: For there? I understand why he wasn't picked. I didn't think he banged the door down on whatever night they played Friday.
Speaker 3: I think it was really so ready now saying he's a better judge, and I haven't clear he wanted to give him made hundred. Robinson wanted to give him made hundred. Really really would have him in the I just said I would like to see you said you could understand by that because.
Speaker 4: Maybe I didn't think he was that good and he wasn't against Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was saving himself for Origin.
Speaker 1: Origin.
Speaker 3: They played What do you wanted to do?
Speaker 1: And that's probably don't It was a little bit unlucky to judge football is.
Speaker 2: On stats going for and another job.
Speaker 4: No not I'm saying his that's probably looked good, but I'm saying he failed the eyeball test. I watched watching that game.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was great eyeball test.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I would have picked him. I wouldn't picked on, saying I can understand why it wasn't picked after watching him.
Speaker 2: That sounds like I love Calum.
Speaker 1: Back and I was just like, we got no issue with tom Boy. WA's been overlooked. He looked well done.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I'm surprised man he moved him back to fall back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, isn't gonna be intriguing how they use Reese wash and Calum pomer and when those two guys on the on the field at the same time. Man way where he's going to play in the middle around.
Speaker 3: Pretty obvious he's the best playing rugby leg Cleary clearly. I reckon that his best pong is as good that Scar Well.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt that Klan has more natural.
Speaker 3: Players, a lot more natural talent still their football Prize judge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kilan's got more natural talent than anyone in the game.
Speaker 3: Maybe in ten years are the more.
Speaker 4: You put Calen on the Penrith team and it's astonishing to think what he can do.
Speaker 1: He was Yeah, he was good. He was good. Good to see him back. And yeah, it's Billy's taking a little bit heat. Is under a bit of pump under the popular with the Queenslanders. Can you South Wales win? Buzz?
Speaker 2: I think we can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it'll be it's a toss your corn, It's dead said even money, take your peek.
Speaker 4: I like the I think the first twenty will dictate the result.
Speaker 1: Thanks and the six against the first twenty minutes of origin will dictate.
Speaker 4: How doesn't always dictate the result.
Speaker 3: That's the howest We've got to let more people know this is a TV show, not just take control.
Speaker 1: But you can find us on YouTube. I guess.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm I'm going to take it to my ninety seven thousand.
Speaker 1: We'll send you the link, buzz when it goes up, I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to send it out.
Speaker 4: And every of them are robots.
Speaker 2: There is not one robot.
Speaker 1: If you if you said n RL podcast on YouTube, you'll find it's so professional.
Speaker 4: What's your block Telly up to on Twitter these days? What up to you?
Speaker 3: Reckon that ten to twelve thousand?
Speaker 1: I just mute him, buzz.
Speaker 2: Why do you mute him?
Speaker 3: Just get rid of him?
Speaker 1: Well, then they don't know that I've don't see that, Jim.
Speaker 3: I like them to know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give when they's bastion. All right, let's get through some questions here, boys, Chris Goes, who are your candidates for Daily M So far? Yeah, delim so far? So perhaps Hughes, walk I Law, Edwards, Burden and some of the names on the list. I like Jerame Hughes.
Speaker 4: I was going to say Jerame Hughes as well.
Speaker 2: Actually I'd say Hughes.
Speaker 1: Who else were Dylan Edwards started on five but sort of since his injuries come back to the field a little bit.
Speaker 2: But what is Zach Lomax?
Speaker 3: Well, you would never say Morris was here half a winger when he won half was.
Speaker 2: Remember he won.
Speaker 1: Very very they gave it to him retrospectively, Yeah, not.
Speaker 3: Sure, but if Lomax wins is a winger will be remindable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Jerome's man.
Speaker 1: Jerome, Yeah killing it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, Lou has been gone. What to actually?
Speaker 1: Dylan wants to know which non regular player has shown during Origin that's up to first grade and could be targeted by another club. So we're looking like a tray fuller. Who else has been really good that we probably haven't had a chance to look at before.
Speaker 3: We don't have Origin players.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to think of some of the Broncos at the trucks.
Speaker 2: In the Sanders.
Speaker 4: We should have done some research. Should where until he's been playing since.
Speaker 1: The other day, but not probably Blake Steet we saw him.
Speaker 4: I haven't had enough to in your top fifty school boys listed last year?
Speaker 3: What about the young fellow in Newcastle? The fullback he went back off. Yeah, but again he's contracted I think long.
Speaker 1: Term people, so they sort of next Tony wants to know why can't the Saints dropped two games from Win and Coggor and play them at Aliants because they'd probably be a riot.
Speaker 4: Good shout last time. You know my view on suburban grounds.
Speaker 3: I think it's a very good This week Coga, it seems points last year like Campaign.
Speaker 4: I didn't lose. I said I got funding for the ground and knock it down without funding. They got funding, not enough, but still knock it down.
Speaker 1: I don't want the Dragons taking games away from Congress. So even though the crowds at Cogo have been pretty poor, if you sat there and break it down.
Speaker 4: Terrible, all wrong. I was there for the last game, horrific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the crowd has been pretty bad for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, throw on the Dragons fans team having a gate.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you if they were playing Sous, there'd be a case for Alliance and the US.
Speaker 1: Games they've hardly packed up. I don't know. I can't remember last on Color as a sellouts a while.
Speaker 3: If Souse come Gordon, you were playing them, should be moved to Alliance.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: No, don't start will then there'd be no games at Shark Park because they sell it out everywhere, because I get no one in there for buzzes with me moving buzzes, moving games out of Shark Park.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't start me on Shark Pass females.
Speaker 1: From Joel, I have an idea for the Vegas concept to help to help building better connection between Super League and the n r L. The World Club Challenge should be played in Vegas as one of the four games on offer, but it should be worth two competition points to each competition from Joel.
Speaker 4: Would do that, they'd be playing an extra games.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how it would work.
Speaker 2: I don't on the concept of playing the game, and I don't want to be.
Speaker 1: Thank you Joel. Should Nico be moved to six? Here? Isn't it a half back? In my opinion, it does not have a long kicking game. So should they move Nico from seven to Is he more of a six than a seven?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Where did he played when he won the Dalian Metal by the length of the straight half bait? Didn't he matter? He'll be all right, Yeah, he'll be Okay.
Speaker 1: I get what Luke's saying. Though, like if he had an organized in seven which freed Nico up. His strength is his running game. I don't actually mind that if you had the right combination with braid and trindle do that. I'm not sure. But if you did have an organized in seven, I don't think it's a silly, silly fashion from David. This is a tongue in cheek. Why hasn't Madge got Paul Gallon running the water for the Mighty Blues. I guarantee Nate Miles doesn't have a go with Joseph saw Lee here.
Speaker 4: That'd be good to see, wouldn't it?
Speaker 2: Good question?
Speaker 1: And just finally, buzz we had last week really made a Greek dish, oh so good? Stolen stolen lambits electical electical, and I said out here, if anyone wants it, I'll email it. I must have emailed a dozen recipes people. There's a guy called Bill that's already made it from the UK and it looked great. I'm flick it to you too, my dad.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'll tell you, I tell you something I've stopped takeaway.
Speaker 1: Well, this is all right, so let's get to dinner. What's what's what do you mean you've stopped them.
Speaker 3: My son's over seas, and how's he going good?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 3: He's going good?
Speaker 1: How often is he checking in? Buzz? How's that going on?
Speaker 2: About every forty eight?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Having a ball mates? He did before?
Speaker 3: He knows you have to be absolutely desperate to try again. So we're trying to save a few bucks and so know. So I'm going to cook something.
Speaker 1: What do you cook them?
Speaker 2: Send me that recipe?
Speaker 1: Kleftical, give that away? That senter. I'm not twelve, I reckon about twelve people podcast. Yeah, give me out recipes?
Speaker 2: Now do you cook it?
Speaker 1: Or so I cook it? It was my meal, which has now been taken over by my wife.
Speaker 4: It's very good.
Speaker 1: It's very good. Guess what we're having for dinner? It's a little bit fiddly, but it's not I can do it. I can do it. It's easy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Guess what we're having for dinner tonight? Buzz. I didn't know, No, I didn't realize you were back, right, So I've got a request for it a couple of weeks and I said to Clara, I said, I look porcupine meeple. Oh, yes they're back baby. So that's what we're having for which no, but pork you pine was back in the carry on can.
Speaker 4: Before I tell get to my mail, and I tell a little traveling story I have when I went on my first trip overseas by myself, and I was in my mid twenties. I got to Germany and I went to get buy something, had no money, had to ring my dad in the middle of the night, and so dad got no money. I'm stuck in Germany. Can you put some money in account for me?
Speaker 3: How did your reverse charges on the phone?
Speaker 1: And how long did it take to get over there?
Speaker 4: Back in those I was something just that enormous instantaneously.
Speaker 1: How did you have no money?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'd spend it all. I used it all twenty seven or something.
Speaker 3: The cruel thing is in my young boat case broke you can so quick now it'll be.
Speaker 4: There in five Yeah, yeah, anyway for dinner, that was one of the great stories.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to diet. I'm trying to lose a couple of Paris. I've lost a couple I need to lose. There's two more kilos meeting a lot. I've got to fit into clothes. So I'm having a lot of I'm eating a lot of salad, right, So I bought this super food veggie things. It comes with a little bit of sauce, honey.
Speaker 2: Check his fast track and little bit.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have that with some air fryer sweeper tato and pumpkin and I'm going to buy just maybe a little lamb backstrap.
Speaker 1: You know, ma, I had some feed someone sick of hearing.
Speaker 2: You know what I put on that podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put a little bit of spice rub on, a spice rub on it last when you actually ready Monday week, Monday week. No, I'm not because of origin.
Speaker 1: This is it. So this is your farewell, this is it all.
Speaker 2: Come over and give me your cattle.
Speaker 4: Come on back.
Speaker 1: I'll be clear out your desk and good bro.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to you guys be doing a podcast over there.
Speaker 4: There'll be some sort of many John's is doing a podcast which you'll.
Speaker 1: Get you on at some point. The purpose they'll get you on the missile at you at some point.
Speaker 4: Isn't he Is he doing the missile these days? He's still doing that silly thing. They were talking about, the silly thing, Yeah, the enhance game ridiculous.
Speaker 2: They do not start me.
Speaker 1: Welcome backwards, buzz a revoir, and this time next week will we dissect in Origin Game three h