Speaker 1: We got every day Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Hazy. Every now and then your kid says something that you go, oh my god, did you say that in public?
Speaker 1: Yes, very much do So.
Speaker 2: I have a girlfriend who got hauled into the principal's office literally about the behavior of her child. Okay, and she didn't know what was coming. So she's rocked up and they've sat her down and said, we need to talk to you about your kid. He's not behaving well. And so she sat there and she said, okay, that's fine. You're going to have to give me some examples. What's he doing? And they said, we don't feel comfortable in this space telling you what he's been up.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: That's like it feels like a form of gas lighting, because then all of a sudden you just assume the absolute worst and we can't tell you, but.
Speaker 1: He's really really bad. He's the worst kid ever. Why I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, that's like when you say to me, I'm so angry at you, Jonian, and I'm like, give me, give me an example of what I'm done wrong, and you've got nothing. When does that happen?
Speaker 1: I've always got.
Speaker 2: Example anyway, So this mother is sitting there and she says, look, if you're going to bring me in and you're going to tell me that my kid's no good, then you need to cite exactly what he's been up to. So the principal goes, okay, all right. So in group the other day, all the children were sitting in a circle around said child, and your kid got up and went, this is word for word, word for word, I hate you. I hate you, but you're right and I don't mind you.
Speaker 1: Oh you should be rewarded for that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if only we could do that. No workplace.
Speaker 3: Fact is a sort of honesty that this world needs. We're craving because otherwise you do that behind people's back. It gets a little bit icky at least that that kids co students know exactly where they stand.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. And I'll leave you with this. In this room, I will say this to newsreader Abby are you? I'll say this to you, are you? But Zoe, You're okay? He's what you're waking up to, Adelaide, what's news today? News? Well? NEI Fox, I say, does that sound right?
Speaker 1: You know you?
Speaker 4: Siri?
Speaker 3: We literally spoke about it three and a half minutes ago, and we spoke about it for what maybe forty five.
Speaker 1: Minutes recond God I'm doing and then we spoke about it.
Speaker 3: You're a genuine fish them we listened to Sabrina Carpenter, you reset? Did JODI's batteries run out? You can get charged last night? Did you turned up in red three percent?
Speaker 5: A go?
Speaker 2: Anyway, she stepped out of the long shadow cast by her sister to win gold in the Olympics in the kayak cross.
Speaker 3: Well done, you can go.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's that, And a furious IBA boss has demand boxes be kicked out. So the IBA has sensationally accused the IOC of corruption confirming x Y athletes imman Ki Leif and Lin Uting have a male biology and should not be participating in the games.
Speaker 1: Isn't this crazy?
Speaker 3: And it is the headline in terms of controversy out games. Yep, that and probably Shelley and Phraser Price not getting let in because they changed the rules last second and the formerly champion couldn't warm up.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, you know, like read the room for goodness sake, officials. But this is because in pretty much all the other federations.
Speaker 1: And events they can't compete.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting on the fence and I'm not saying which way it should go, but it's it's pretty controversial that in a lot of these other world events there's different rules, but then there's different rules.
Speaker 1: Of the Olympics. Of course, it's going to create four sorts of headlines.
Speaker 2: What is exciting though, is we're third on the table. We are third behind China, United States, Australia.
Speaker 1: Well done, third in terms of overall medals or gold medals.
Speaker 2: I don't know, overall overall.
Speaker 1: Overalls amount of medals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, okay, no gold medals, gold medals, that's how it should be done.
Speaker 6: But the US want to be first, so they put total metals.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's me to think the US is true.
Speaker 2: True, Okay, well done.
Speaker 7: Well anyway, So back home, we are possibly going to see public servants essentially forced back to work. So obviously over COVID everyone sort of did the whole hybrid thing and work from home and that sort of stuff. But now there's a big push to get workers back into the offices. So the New South Wales government has sent a letter to all of their public servants saying you'll now be required to be back in the office, and there's calls for South Australia and Victoria to do the same, and it's basically to try and help the ailing retail sector. I must say, though, I was here late, oh maybe about a month ago, and I left the office and came back.
Speaker 6: The amount of people who were walking along Pierrie Street was ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Like I was like, it's actually really really busy, and it was a random white Tuesday afternoon. So it's good to see a lot of people back. But I think people still if they can, obviously want to work from home, but they want to see everyone back in the office.
Speaker 1: This is an interesting space. Yeah, because the world has changed.
Speaker 3: It would seem I'd be very comfortable if I was an employee if there was one, maybe two days a week where people start at home. If they're going to get their work done, then maybe work even better. And that's what happens here.
Speaker 2: I just kind of question one day, how much work you're doing at home?
Speaker 7: Like really, really, I get so much more work done at home, well.
Speaker 2: More than here, because that would be a rule.
Speaker 6: Oh here we go, but yeah, I get relief.
Speaker 7: Now I go home and just can actually sit at my desk and just get work done.
Speaker 2: I just want to hear that you're productive in any space.
Speaker 6: I am productive, love space. But I don't know. I think I get it.
Speaker 7: I get if there's a particular day where you've got an appointment or something with the kids or something like that. Fine, But I don't think you should be working from home all the time.
Speaker 3: See I'm on the opposite, and I would need to come to work to work better because I.
Speaker 2: Feel like it would be so useless.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely useless, because once you sort of separate yourself from your home life, for me, then you sort of go into work mode when you get to work, and then you're there to work, so it's a completely different.
Speaker 1: Mindset for me.
Speaker 6: And you still don't do any work at work.
Speaker 1: Which is one of those things, isn't it.
Speaker 3: We're still trying to find a balance right now.
Speaker 1: It's way out.
Speaker 7: I still love the fact that you're such a creeper on Instagram, so you know everything that's going on, but you're never actually posting.
Speaker 3: Slurking in the shadows, just watching gathering information. I'm gathering your data as we speak out.
Speaker 1: That's very very interesting, disturbing, actually disturbing.
Speaker 2: So what we're about to talk about next, we're not condoning it, we're not endorsing it, but we're just talking about it because it is quite fascinating.
Speaker 1: That's incredibly fascinating.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about the suicide pod? Yes, okay, So doctor Philip Nichegigi the Nicheki is an Australian man and he's known for basically end of life. So if you have had enough, if you've got a terminal illness, then he's the man that will assist you.
Speaker 1: Nick calling him doctor f So he has.
Speaker 2: Devised this contraption. So for those who haven't heard about it, it's the parcopod. It's a three D printed capsule which has been described as the tesla of euthanasia.
Speaker 1: Wow. So I don't know how to react. I don't know how to respond. It's weird. It's a weird spot, isn't it. Well, I'd say just be quiet to think about this sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the psychopod works by flooding the chamber with nitrogen, reducing oxygen so rapidly that the individual quickly loses consciousness. So they experience this within the first minute and then they have a peaceful, reliable, and drug free within ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Wow, devised opinion, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: It does? It does. So it can be activated via voice control and eye movement. So if you want to, let's say, opt out at the last minute, and you change your mind, you can do that by blinking twice basically.
Speaker 3: See, this is where it gets tricky when you're furiously blinking. Yeah, and someone on the outside note, it's blink twice. It's too late now, Okay, but yep, let's keep it straight yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the pods activated via button, blink or gesture also have an emergency button and escape route in case users change their mind.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, this is just Yeah. I think you can genuinely sit on both sides and see from different angles. I can understand people say this is wrong. Yeah, and you shouldn't be allowed to be in a situation when it's like this, but particularly if it's terminal illness.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I saw an interview with someone the other day who had term with cancer. Ye, And that opened up my mind because it was a bloke who was in his probably late sixties, who said he's in horrendous pain, mentionined every day. It's just exhausting to keep on living. He loves life, but he can't keep on living and he doesn't want to any more. He said, he's at peace with death, but what he's not comfortable with is leaving other people behind, which is basically how you feel like the majority of people would feel. You're in a situation where you feel like it is the only option, yep, but you know that there's going to be ramifications when you leave.
Speaker 2: So I watched my stepfather pass away. He had dementia and by the end of it, he was just not the version of himself that we all knew and loved. So if he opted to take this path, then you would say, Okay, we endorse this, we love you, and you go away peacefully. So yeah, I don't. I don't hate the idea.
Speaker 3: It's like I think for most people, majority of people, the only situation that you might have been in is if you've had to take a pet to the vet, and we had two for our dog, and even then it was like I could, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't have the balls to be there. Yeah, you know what I mean. Can you imagine a situation like this?
Speaker 2: So once again, you left it to Kara.
Speaker 1: Want me there? Yeah, right, because she knew that I wouldn't be able to handle it. Yeah, to make things.
Speaker 2: Worse, despite the fact that your dog was so incontinent, so so.
Speaker 3: Very incredibly like right now as we speak, wing everywhere in heaven and.
Speaker 1: God's like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 3: I gave you one hundred miles of water, You've turned it the five hundreds of Wii.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the games, you nominated yourself as the most elite diver in Australia.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to play this continue.
Speaker 2: So you might have mentioned a little while ago that growing up in Beckham, New South Wales, one hunter k is north of Wogglewalker, not a lot of diving. However, you defy the odds and you have said that you were elite in this space.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, particularly in high school often the Big Smoke Sydney and then all.
Speaker 1: Of a sudden there was a bit of a pastime and that is not your traditional dives.
Speaker 3: It's more so twists, it turns, flips and finishing with a little horsey and that's the little horshp.
Speaker 2: Front to reel down on the horsey, shall we.
Speaker 3: So the horsey is pretty much the opposite of what a dive is supposed to achieve. You don't want splash when you do a proper dive, yep, But when you do a horsey, it's about going in with the right mechanics, the right force and creating a giant splash.
Speaker 1: This one I prepared earlier. That's me absolutely nailing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I just thought, let's marry you up with some of the most elite athletes that have ever participated in the Games. So diversay what.
Speaker 1: You're going to say.
Speaker 3: I thought I was going to compete against the likes of I don't know, Clive Palmer, No, some of the real athletes of Australia.
Speaker 2: I had a chance, so die thees say, have their green and gold brickyat tomorrow morning. It's at the SA Aquatic and Leisure Center. And I just thought, you know what, let's showcase your talents.
Speaker 1: You've found some actual athletes.
Speaker 2: Actual athletes. We're talking Phil Rogers if you don't mind. Freshtroke Swimmer nineteen ninety two, nineteen ninety six, two thousand Olympic Games.
Speaker 3: Oh great, awesome, genuine Australian athletes, Travis.
Speaker 2: Marley Swimmer, also Blake Goudry trampoline gymnasts.
Speaker 3: Jeezz I wonder I wonder if a trampoline gymnasts who represented Australia will be very good in the air.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Meghan Jones a questrian as well in your space horses?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well okay, I wonder if Meghan's going to do the horsey mate, she's going to jump on the diving board as well?
Speaker 2: Yep, this is Rachel Dutch gy as well. She is an actual certified diver. Okay, that's very twenty twelve participating inpics.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me she is a former Olympic driver and when she hears things like this, she's disgusted because that's way.
Speaker 1: Too much splash.
Speaker 2: So are you up for it?
Speaker 1: I feel like is there a space for me to pull out?
Speaker 2: We're going to have to be fair. I've made it even. We're going to have a chat to Rachel tomorrow and she is going to give you some tips.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, that's okay, let's go. What's the worst it could happen? So what are we talking about? We're just jumping straight off the edge, aren't we We're talking one meter one meter springboard, that's it.
Speaker 2: I think what we might do producers. He's going one meter and then work our way up. This is an official event.
Speaker 8: There's no.
Speaker 2: See what happens.
Speaker 8: You start with the one and you work your way up against each of these athletes with a panel of judges.
Speaker 1: There's going to be people. They're judging me.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 8: Do you know what else is going to be that public?
Speaker 1: It's a public event. If anyone wants to.
Speaker 8: Come down tomorrow at nine o'clock, we'll see you there.
Speaker 3: Who would have force that a thirty nine year old man could somehow in the air diving into water do a hamstring.
Speaker 1: That's what feels like the destiny here with this thing is.
Speaker 2: I would definitely back you into do a hamstring tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I appreciate this.
Speaker 2: The other one, by the way, yeah yeah, even it out?
Speaker 1: What what's that well? Ham string? The other one? Oh exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, looking forward to I'll take this challenge on. I feel like you would look after me though, like you wouldn't stitch me up.
Speaker 2: I am looking after you because we're going to get you some speed o's today, right, red ones?
Speaker 1: I need? Can I make one request? What can I get some speed os?
Speaker 3: Maybe red speed oes were just a nice little just to get me up in about to perform my best. I need a nice little photo of Jody just fair nikm bum just swear right down right right in the middle of just to give me the extra kick that I need.
Speaker 1: Pick up the bum from Joe's.
Speaker 7: I think you need to take some cash with you tomorrow because you need to bribe those judges.
Speaker 1: Yep, that makes a lot of sense. While they just got this wave of nervousness.
Speaker 2: Well, because you've got twenty four hours of not eating anything, because you have to look ripped in that's why you're nervous. You're going to be so hungry.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's intimidating.
Speaker 3: Also, don't worry about the dissipated older that's incoming mine. All right, Well take this challenge on. Yeah, thank you, Joe's appreciate it. That'll teach your Joe's love the games, like everything that's happening in the Games. But I feel like before the Games even started, there was a special special interest in the Opals and the Boomers.
Speaker 2: Special spot in both of our hearts.
Speaker 3: Big expectations, particularly for both sides, but we thought, why don't we go straight to the top five time Olympic and probably geez the most.
Speaker 1: Iconic person that's ever played sport in this.
Speaker 2: Country that has ever touched a basketball.
Speaker 1: I would argue it's Andrew.
Speaker 5: That is that bit of us. What an exciting time you mentioned with the Boomers in the Oples through to the quarter final, and I'll be us moments along the way. Both of them end up finishing second in their pool. So we got hopefully good times ahead.
Speaker 2: Very very patchy form, particularly from the Opal was the first game. I was like, what's going on here? But they seem to us come good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, Nigeria up. They took care of us in that opening game and I thought, oh, this won't be a very quick exit. But they're able to regroup. Some of it was to be expected because you've got seven players in the WNBA, but I've only had ten days I think, to prepare, so they were a little rusty. But they fanned their way and they dug these be game France last night to get that win, a much needed win, and we just didn't need to win. We needed to win by six or more. So some real nervous moment down the stretch, and we eventually got their avoid of the USA, and now we take on Serbia.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of the USA, if we win this game against Serbia, then that's potentially who we face in terms of the Boomer's. Goodness, mate, well done. You guys want now take on the US.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's gonna be hard, but we can't think ahead. But that's just the way the draw has gone. And it's exactly the same for both the Ocles and the Boomers. Both of us take on Serbia, and if we win, in all probability, we'll be planning the United States, which is going to be tough. But you know that both the Opals and the Booms have shown that they can take it right up to the very best in the world. So we've got to stay positive. But let's just focus our attention on Serbia for the time being.
Speaker 2: Kazy Hazy and I are both sports presenters and editor. To Cooper is a nice man. It's an absolutely nice mare. When it comes up on the telepropter, it.
Speaker 5: Is it said.
Speaker 9: You just got to say it quickly and share it with supreme confidence and people won't know anyway. There's I tell you tomorrow when we're talking about Serbia. I've been going through it and normal glory.
Speaker 4: For your day. I am absolutely.
Speaker 5: Butchering as I sit in the bedroom just trying to get ready. Hopefully well, it helped me ounce back and something that was somewhat resembling their names will come at the Borrows.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, before we let you go, I just think of back in the day, and I think of you guys playing the Drain team and have a heel and Charles Barkley going out and.
Speaker 1: What's your how boy feels well?
Speaker 3: What's your go to memory or have you got to go to story when you remember those times against the almighty US team?
Speaker 9: I would just stepping down on the floor with him was one that I remember.
Speaker 5: Finally ninety six whenever event we got off to a flyer and they had Reggie Miller and I had a decent first half. I ended up with twenty five. I might have had twenty one of them or something or something like that in the first half. And I remember Reggie Miller coming out after halftime and I couldn't exactly know exactly what he was saying, but it's something we had a cork going into a specific orifice, said centers like what's.
Speaker 4: Coming on here?
Speaker 9: And I barely stew a daylight for the rest of.
Speaker 5: It, and it was you know, when we come up short, but it was it was a privilege to play against them. Shack, a team of large one was there. It was just an unbelievable experience and it's great that they continue to support the Olympics. In This year's team are the closest I think we've seen to the magnificent ninety ninety two team that had Jordan, Magic Bird and all those Conic heroes.
Speaker 2: Very quickly before we let you go Opals and Boomers. Are we going to meddle?
Speaker 5: Well, of course we are. I think that we get Oversturbia anything happened, but no, it's going to be tough, but I'm very confident. I like the way they're building. They're getting better each in at every game, so there's no reason to think that we can't. And you know what, the rest of the world knows we can as well. They have great respect for us now. So it's credit to our girls and boys in the way in which they've been able to raise the standards.
Speaker 3: You can catch all the action from the games on nine, nine and nine now. Andrew Gays, thank you so much for your time this morning and go to just go opens, come.
Speaker 5: On, get around them, here we go.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, such an absolute privilege to speak to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, hey, thank you.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the support, and yeah, hopefully we get a win.
Speaker 1: Fears contest.
Speaker 3: You've got two people who just I mean, it is like two positively charged ions going at.
Speaker 1: Each other, just opposite. You know what I mean. It's full on.
Speaker 2: I know what you're saying. Tell everyone what I just said to you during that song about if you do perchance happen to win.
Speaker 3: You said, I think you said something along line, Hang on, what day is it? What are we doing next? I think I'm hungry?
Speaker 1: Wait? Am I thirsty? Do I need to go to the toilet?
Speaker 2: All those sorts of questions definitely not what I said.
Speaker 3: You said, don't be a jerk, and I said I can't make any promises. Sweet exactly, And that's what got you over the lines when I'm called you sweets all right?
Speaker 10: To it?
Speaker 2: All right, producers, Zoe, The rules please.
Speaker 1: Same as always.
Speaker 8: We've got three nove hits or throwbacks or chestralized. You have to buzz in with your name and give me the song name and.
Speaker 2: The artist name.
Speaker 8: You're playing for a couple of listeners to potentially take home a Wallace Cinema family pass. We've got Brock from Elizabeth on tem hazy, get handsome, and on Team Joe. This morning is Leslie from Oldinger Beach.
Speaker 2: Hello, Leslie, Hello, Hello, excellent. So it's going to preface it with I'll try my hardest.
Speaker 8: Okay, yes, on board, not good enough, try harden, same as always, nerves at bay. Your name is your buzzer. No screaming song number one?
Speaker 2: Please, here we go, Johnny, wake me up. She's done it.
Speaker 8: Strong.
Speaker 1: Start from that is quick. That's that's that we're looking for.
Speaker 11: Okay, that quick, real quick, we straighted, look straight into song number two, pit trickier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stop, that's what.
Speaker 2: You make sounds kneeled down. It's a little bit here.
Speaker 1: We send both of you out twenty seconds ago.
Speaker 3: Come on, put your arms down, apps, put your arms down.
Speaker 2: I know what that. I don't either even know.
Speaker 1: I hang on, we got fifteen seconds. What's yuch?
Speaker 2: Concentrate a twenty four D.
Speaker 6: Don't know?
Speaker 2: Come on, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 8: No the fresh hit no, no, too late, that's a that's a buzz out for both of you, and it was incredibly easy, so Brina Carpenter espresso.
Speaker 7: I was literally sipping out of a cup and both of you were just looking at me like I was an idiot.
Speaker 2: It's so easy from the newsroom, isn't it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 8: Okay, the start was harder, but then the I'm working Lee singer, come on, it's iconic, all right? Well that means that we're potentially playing for a draw here, two passes up for grabs or Jody for the wind song number three.
Speaker 1: On Kelly Clarkson. Since you've been going Clarkson flatter. I can't believe sa karma to undid us.
Speaker 8: I can't believe it either. We play that song, oh lot.
Speaker 2: Don't look in the rear vision mirror.
Speaker 1: Mate, So what happens to here? Did we get a point each?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Okay, it's a tie.
Speaker 8: Both of you are going home with Wallace Cinema and it brings the score officially the same as what it was really from ten sixteen to eleven seventeen.
Speaker 3: And do you know what the best part is? Congratulations to our friends Brock and Leslie. You guys have both got a family.
Speaker 1: Guys, congrats, thank you. I'm looking at thanks you.
Speaker 3: I'm still I still feel like I should act like an obnoxious freak, but can I do that with a draw?
Speaker 8: This is a really wholesome space right now, and I think we could keep it that way.
Speaker 2: This is the calmest it's ever been.
Speaker 6: How boring?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is seventeen eleven that I'm still smacking you up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of like dancing with your sister, isn't it. Come over here?
Speaker 3: Come on, there's love there, but those tazzy vibes there don't. So when was the last week for all?
Speaker 2: It's been a long time, A long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm believable. Scenes, I'm excited.
Speaker 8: I think this is a nice news space we've entered.
Speaker 1: This is a really, really wholesome area.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hugs all around in family, hug.
Speaker 3: Time, disgusting get away from I think the entire world is captivated from this particular couple from the Games.
Speaker 1: Or are they a couple? Yeah, that's right. Check is.
Speaker 3: Katerina Sinea Koba and Thomas maccatch shared a kiss as they won the mixed doubles tennis event.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. They had dad since twenty twenty, but it was confirmed in.
Speaker 3: The lead up to Paris that they had parted way so dun they made it work. They got the job done and they shared a nice little celebratory kiss and everyone's like, what's going on? They said this in the post game presser.
Speaker 2: That's out of personal life, so you don't need to know that.
Speaker 1: And do you know, like there is the topsick and then words you know, top secrets were like when you are confused.
Speaker 13: Exactly, that's how we feel powerful.
Speaker 3: So okay, might come here, I will say, is she there's a few giggles there.
Speaker 1: Like she might be in love.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. She's like we like when you're confused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we when you're confused. Now, like you're so confused and they just start falling hooking up.
Speaker 2: Don't ever do that.
Speaker 6: Don't ever do that again. That was discussed where.
Speaker 2: Tongue I'd like.
Speaker 6: To throw up.
Speaker 3: Now it's called making loves we and completely tracked. I don't think Aaron and I have tongue kiss since we got married.
Speaker 2: I think that should be in the bowels. Actually, when you get married, it should be like we vow never ever ever to pass again.
Speaker 3: Your first and last kiss, French kisses on your wedding day four ten. When did you make it work right against all the odds or you just had to make it work? So it seems like these two have gone together and they've been like, well, we're not romantically involved anymore, but you better believe that we will come together and we will in a sporting sense and make it work.
Speaker 1: And when the Olympic gold medal?
Speaker 2: Do they have kids?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're still quite young as well. So they are twenty eight and twenty three? Yeah, right, but and now the big question.
Speaker 2: He's twenty three. She was giggling like a twenty three year old.
Speaker 1: Then twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: If you've got an example where if someone's been in a situation we just had to make it work for whatever sort of reason, every call that gets on air will put you on the stand by this for a winter weekend.
Speaker 1: Escape your thoughts on this news. Read Abbey, this would be good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well for me, I don't think I'm friends with any X.
Speaker 1: Really friends with any of Abbey's export.
Speaker 2: My friends who with their ex I think, if you're a nice enough person, yeah, I think make it work.
Speaker 1: I think it's faulty.
Speaker 7: I think as I got older, maybe yeah, like if they reached out, it'll be hey, how are you going?
Speaker 6: But yeah, back in the day.
Speaker 2: It never was.
Speaker 7: But it got me thinking because I've got friends who run a business quite successfully. Yeah, they are exes and they're still in you know, they run this business together. And there's a lot of people out there who run businesses together who are exes. Your friend Kayla Steve and her ex ex boyfriend.
Speaker 6: They run a business together.
Speaker 7: There's also a swimwear brand and it was on the Imperfect podcast and I can't think of the name now, but she they were married and then they split, but they still run this really successful swimwear brand across Australia.
Speaker 2: Also, Poe's manager is her ex husband. I just think if you can take the emotion out of it and you can be an adult and you can go, okay, we still have something to achieve together. It mightn't be married people, but yeah, I think it's great.
Speaker 3: So if you obviously if you share a child as well, Yeah, then the mature thing as well to do is to make it work.
Speaker 7: Also, I think that's probably the best thing. Like I've had a few friends who have split in the last year or so, and some two of them have children and they are just making it work. They're doing the best they can. That are bad mouth to partner in front of the kids, all of that, because they are at that age where they go, yes, Okate didn't work out with us, but this is the best thing.
Speaker 6: For our family and for our child.
Speaker 2: And that's so good to see because it's just the kids who are getting hat. I have so much admiration for people who can split in a marriage and still maintain a friendship and a civil, cordial relationship. I think it's great.
Speaker 1: What about the dancers in Dancing with the Stars. That's very intimate.
Speaker 6: Hang on, how do we segue?
Speaker 2: How did you segue into that?
Speaker 1: What if that was your ex? Because that seems like they always seem so cuply. It's the dances on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: I would find it hard if my husband was on Dancing with Stars.
Speaker 1: Because he's awful a dancing.
Speaker 2: He's social to get Greg home dancing the stuff, he's so horrendous. But they're so intimate and their bodies are literally writhing together on the dance floor on national television.
Speaker 1: That's hard.
Speaker 13: Yeah, good boy to you, Waite, Good morning, Hazy and Dody, how are you.
Speaker 2: We're very good. Thank you Waite. You made it work with your ex.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So we split up about ten years ago, went through the whole you know, separation and divorced and so forth. And we've got a son who's now twelve, and yeah, we've we've just like Paula's put his needs and and all that first and basically, like I said, made it work. You know, we've we've got to the point where, even though we have shared custody, I was paying a small amount of child support per week because of the fact that I earned a bit more than she did. Yeah, and she and she contacted child support and canceled it because she didn't think of as needed anymore because she because we're making it work.
Speaker 3: So well, Wow, that is two people very mature in this situation who are absolutely on the same page and what the same things in.
Speaker 1: A really positive space. That is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Wait, well done. Wait, and also hats off to the new partners as well, who embraced the exes who realize there are kids involved and they're like, you know what, mine needs a secondary to the child. So yeah, I think that's really cool. Way well done.
Speaker 1: Worring to your bilia, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning. You made it work, or your parents made it work.
Speaker 12: My parents have their divorce. They've been divorced for ages, and they get along really well. My mom fell over and hurt herself and she went and stayed at my dad's place with his wife so they couldn't look after her.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they dad and his wife come to family dinners, birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: It is You've got to be a really mature person in the space to be able to do that. I wonder, and I'll be open and honest with you, I wonder if I could do that. I don't know if I'm mature teen.
Speaker 1: I think you could.
Speaker 2: If your kids were involved, you absolutely could.
Speaker 1: You hope that you could know un in the situation, would you.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I couldn't that first, but now they do, and it's so much easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think once a Dust said it was Amelia and sort of everyone the emotions taken out of it, then you're all good. Let's got it. Anika, good morning, oh, good morning, good morning. You've been in this situation a bit of a.
Speaker 14: Story, yes, and a bit unusual, I guess, and it's just started many years ago. When I was married for over twenty years, we had three kids. Wasn't always fantastic separated, Yeah, we're in our own ways, obviously, the kids are all grown up. A few years ago, my ex was showing a few signs of not being quite there. He sat outside to me, would you be my power of attorney? Because I think things aren't quite right, even though it was quite tumultuous to start with. Obviously that's why we divorced. But yeah, I agreed. My partner was just wonderful.
Speaker 5: We discussed it.
Speaker 14: It's not an easy thing to do. And then a few years ago he was so, yeah, admitted into a hospital and he's now in a dementia ward. And I mean, you don't wish that on anybody. So but the main reason, and I did it for my kids. But obviously now I feel sorry for him because it's horrible, horrible thing. And mainly, you know, my partner has been just absolutely wonderful for all this. That kind of been easy for him to let me do this. Yeah, I just thought i'd give a quick ring and maybe put myself out there. And most of my friends know all this already, so it's not a secret or anything. Sure, and my you know, I would love to reward my partner for being so amazing.
Speaker 3: Nice on your naked That's yeah, that's a really mature space and well understand by list for I went to Weekend de scope.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's that's the next level. You always have that connection, I suppose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so sure, especially when you have kids together. Great kids together, Johnny.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, guys. How are you.
Speaker 2: We're good, We're good. You've been through this, Yeah, to a degree.
Speaker 4: I had a partner at the time. This was about well thirteen years ago. We had a daughter together. It didn't work out, we were so we separated. Cut forward thirteen years. I'm now married to an incredible woman, and my daughter's mother is with a partner. They've been together for quite some time. They have several other children as well with each other. And my wife and my daughter's mother are actually very close friends to the point right to the point where they were pregnant at the same time with each other. So I actually have a I had to take a photo of them together pregnant with their belly showing with my thirteen year old in between. Them. But it's it was one of the funniest moments and the most awkward moments my my ex and my daughter and my wife with my unborn child. Yes, wow, yeah it was. It was. It was a thing, It really was. But my daughter absolutely flourishes having a having a mother and an actual like a like almost a second mum in a way. Yeah, she really loves it. So she's absolutely, really really flourished in this time.
Speaker 2: So but Johnny, I love that for you that you've put all jealousy aside or whatever emotions you might have been feeling. But doesn't it make it so much easier for the kids when everyone gets along.
Speaker 4: Well that's it. I mean it was messy at the start because she was, you know, two or three years old at the time, and then we both just were like what are we doing, Like we need to do it for our child, for water, and so we both really knuckled down. And then, you know, fast forward quite a few years and look at it now, like, you know, she's in high school and she understands that she's you know, you know, she's still got a mom who's there, she's still got a dad who's there, and she can rely on both parents and you know, she the mom can just message me for like literally anything. We have a set schedule. It's just fantastic and it's it's how it should be. You know, we're a blended family. Where to the point where my wife has a son to another father and that son actually hyphened his last name to incorporate my last name as well. Wow, with his biological father's blessing as well. It's just beautiful, like that's that's kind of household that we we live in. This is what we were trying to teach the next next generation of children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, that's perfect. Yeah, it's a really nice situation. Good thank you very much for Johnny. I will wrap this up with Stacey for more to you.
Speaker 2: Stacey, good morning, good morning. Your situation is remarkable.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, it's a huge story. But just to begin with, I have to say that I was definitely the madur sure person in nineteen ninety five and when he left to go to an island, so I told him that that was the end of the relationship because we didn't have to work. So then he came back and he was living in his car and I couldn't have it, so I let him stay with the family, even though the court that everyone was against it in the family because they didn't quite understand families need to be together and we know the family well. And so he slept in the main room and I slept in one of the kids rooms.
Speaker 4: Wow, that went on for a little while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was pretty much homeless.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was living in his car. And I couldn't have that. No way, no way. That's not what I would want and that's not what I'd wish from us for others. So you do what you can to ensure that the kids are you know, not affected. And yeah, so I've also been a step month and that's not an easy thing for everyone. So for those, I'd take my hat off. For anyone that's a deaf person's parents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you go.
Speaker 1: Life obviously has a really big heart. That is just I spose in a.
Speaker 3: Situation where you put everything aside and just stop for a second and go, well, we are actually all human in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm going to help out make's husband. There's a huge result.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to everyone who shared some of those stories because they're really really big noble. Yes, let's talk about what is said to be one of the more athletic feats.
Speaker 1: Reports. Is happening to me? What's happening to my? It's on? We're on. Oh my gosh, we are so on. What have you done, Joe?
Speaker 2: We are so on that producers Zoe has been tasked with going to find some red speedos today from rude Wall any ideas where to start? So I don't even maya.
Speaker 8: Surely rebel right, We're going straight to the seaboarding store because this is serious business.
Speaker 3: This is a genuine conversation about what sort of cuff you.
Speaker 1: Will get me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well there's some cuts. Okay, there's a little.
Speaker 1: Like gee banger, the extra cheek or off and I see it.
Speaker 7: So the people of South Australia please do not get a cheap banger.
Speaker 1: It could be quite funny.
Speaker 3: And producer George was in here as well, and I said, I seriously, I don't have an ass. I do not own an ass. And she was, I bet he's got some awesome ass, Like no, I don't. I built like a French bulldog.
Speaker 1: We genuinely, I've got nothing going on down there.
Speaker 2: Abs. What's that police dog's name? We sent the police dog out to look for your ass because it's gone missing.
Speaker 1: It came back, every ended nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So diver SA are putting on the Green and Gold Breakfast tomorrow seven fifteen start. We're going to send you down there up against Olympians Phil Rogers, Travis Maney Blake, Gordrey, Megan Jones and Rachel dutch Gy who is an actual synchronized diver from the Olympic Games. We're going to pit you against them. You can start on the one meter, that's fine.
Speaker 7: Yes, that hurt my belly if you don't make it to the ten yeah, out.
Speaker 1: I've got massive fears of the ten meter.
Speaker 6: Bad luck. Get up there.
Speaker 1: Should I tell you this story on air? Maybe it's not fair.
Speaker 2: Story before you started.
Speaker 3: Now, when I was about nineteen and I was living in Sydney at the time. I don't know why, and obviously it's illegal and I regret it. But a few mates night was the thing that you're ringing in Cocklebey because a bridge goes from one side of Cockle Bay to the other and I think it's about ten to fifteen men drops into the ocean, and it was the thing. Oh, I'll jump in there and then we'll go to one of the clubs afterwards. I did it, but I did it my jeans on and it was fine. My mate did it and he took his pants on and he jumped in there and he did it kind of split legged like, sort of half like he was sitting on a tail.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I don't know how to say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't say it. Then it's splitter.
Speaker 3: It's splitty's nature, you know, the real sensitive skin in between one air and the other.
Speaker 1: It's split him.
Speaker 2: Can I just say, the next time you say this story could be for off it, I'm just gonna I'm going to listen and agree with you.
Speaker 3: That's a lot anyway, there's a lot to take in that night, hum especially.
Speaker 1: So that's why I have fears of jumping off a ten meter.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a balid story.
Speaker 6: Just make sure your legs are closed.
Speaker 1: Can I wear jameson? Right, I'll do it, Chase, I'll do it. Okay, tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: You say you promise a ten meter? You promise, can we can we just see?
Speaker 7: Okay, if you don't make it. If you don't make it to the ten meter, you have to jump in the tyrants.
Speaker 1: That's even worse.
Speaker 6: Exactly, So, make the ten meter Hazy.
Speaker 3: Watch your space any no doubt, we'll put it on social media, Chody Hazy looking looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: And we're going to chat with Rachel tomorrow and some of the last minute tips for you just to work out how not to humiliate yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, looking forward to all of this. Why is my lower body quivering right now? What's going on? Is it the split? Not sure? Or is it the budgies