Speaker 1: Live on Sky News. This is Sharry Good Evening.
Speaker 2: We start tonight with breaking news. Opposition leader Peter Dutton has just landed in Israel for a three day trip. As we go to air, Dutton is currently meeting with Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz. He will then later today local time meet with Israeli President Isaac Hertzog. This is a strong show of support from the Coalition towards our closest ally in the Middle East. It comes as senior figures in the Israeli government are growing increasingly frustrated with the Albanezy governments at public criticisms and hostilities. I could also reveal the opposition leader will then meet with hostage families and former hostages who have now been rescued by Israel. These will be deeply emotional meetings for Peter Dutton. You hardly ever hear our current government speak about the hostages. Yet there are still one hundred and twenty Israelis, including baby Kafir Bibas, held captive by terrorists in Gaza. Dutton will also over the coming days travel to the south to the kibbutzs where Hamas slaughtered entire families and he'll go to the site of the Nova Music festival where oney two hundred young Israelis were gunned down in cold blood. Dutton is unlikely to meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who broke his trip to the US to deal with the escalating situation in the north of Israel.
Speaker 1: There are concerns war is imminent after.
Speaker 2: The tragic and atrocious attack by Hesbela on children over the weekend. Now, Peter Dutton is the most senior Australian politician to visit since October seventh, with Anthony Albernizi refusing to go. Alberanizi is one of the only Western leaders who chose not to visit Israel to show his support over the past nine months, and when Pennywang eventually visited the region, she didn't bother to go to the sites of the October seven massacres. This trip is highly significant. It reinforces Dutton's commitment to Israel, Australia's ally and to the Jewish community. It's a volatile situation at the moment on the ground. Already flights are being canceled to Lebanon amid the tensions with Hesblah, and we'll Cross Live to Israeli politician Sharon Haskell.
Speaker 1: Later this hour to speak about how she.
Speaker 2: Expects this situation is going to unfold in the North. But Dutton's decision to make a solidarity trip to Israel is a sign of how different foreign relations would be under a Dutton prime ministership, and it highlights the leadership we've been solely missing from the Albanese government. Now let's turn to Albanesi's cabinet reshuffle. There's a cost of living crisis, a housing crisis, and spiraling power bills and on our streets, lawlessness goes unchecked and an unprecedented breakdown in social cohesion. This is an economic and social crisis. Yet you have to ask is the Prime Minister even serious about fixing these problems, about making life easier for working families who are struggling. Because he's put Clara O'Neill in the critical portfolio of housing and Tony Burke in charge of our national security. Clara O'Neil comprehensively failed as Home Affairs Minister, a point that was obvious even.
Speaker 1: To the PM.
Speaker 2: It's why he moved her out of that role. Under her watch, Australians were bashed, assaulted, and a convicted pedophile allegedly contacted children after they were released from immigration detention. Clara O'Neil and her sidekick Andrew Giles failed to protect the community time and time again. Barely a week went by without the opposition calling for her scalp.
Speaker 3: The best thing would be for Minister Giles and Minister O'Neil to resign, resign today and if that doesn't happen, for the Prime Minister to show some strength.
Speaker 4: Clara O'Neill is like this, just this rolling train wreck. She's a complete debarkle, just a walking disaster for the government.
Speaker 5: This is an incompetent, hopeless, hapless Home Affairs minister.
Speaker 4: Prime Minister should sack Andrew Giles and sack Claara O'Neill.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't just the Coalition launching a political attack. O'Neil faced tough questions in the media.
Speaker 6: Too banged legal challenges to come out of this legislation.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry, I've got to go to a metage.
Speaker 8: Missus questions are there, what's your response.
Speaker 1: Well, we want to know what they did.
Speaker 5: One raped a fourteen year old stepdaughter while his wife gave birth one rate the sister of the mother of his infant child, one raped a disabled fourteen year old and a sixteen year old.
Speaker 1: Do you think that washes.
Speaker 9: Look natt, I completely understand the concern that you have about these and the crimes that you've listed there are absolutely horrendous and no member of Parliament and no member of the government is going to disagree with that.
Speaker 2: Well, the situation is now so bad that we learned on the weekend thanks to journalist at Rhiann and Down, the five hundred and twenty dangerous non citizens were released from immigration to tension by the Albanezy government in its first year in power five hundred and twenty oh and recall that O'Neill called the future president of the United States son a big baby in social media comments. She should have been apologizing, in fact, because her own agency had been slow to grant him a visa. Those comments were juvenile and unbecoming of a senior government minister. As her shadow Home Affairs James Patterson pointed out at the time, his.
Speaker 10: Purpose is not to exclude people on a political basis or an ideological basis. People have diverse range of political views are perfectly entitled to come to Australia as long as they intend to propagate them in a peaceful way. And I have not seen any evidence to the contrary about mister Trump Junior's planned visit to Australia.
Speaker 2: And yet Albanizi has now moved Clara O'Neil into the equally important role of Housing Minister, a portfolio that would need enormous heavy lifting because the Albanzy government has not built a single completed home under its ten billion dollar Affordable Housing Fund, despite pledging to build forty thousand homes within five years.
Speaker 1: Well just let that sink in.
Speaker 2: Not a single home built yet, that's according to Simon Benson's report. Yet it's spent twenty four million dollars on consultants and six million on executive salaries, a poor record to say the least. This is despite the fact that rising rents are one of the key contributors to our inflation crisis.
Speaker 11: A lot of the remaining inflation that sitting in the Australian economy is driven by supply challenges things like housing. A rate rise will only make the housing crisis worse. It will only contribute to even higher rents.
Speaker 2: So this means the housing crisis is a big reason inflation remains high, why the cost of living continues to rise, and why the RBA has to keep pushing up rates. Does the Prime Minister really have confidence in Clara O'Neil to fix this? Give her record over the past two years. And then there's Tony Burke, the senior government minister who was slow to properly call out hate preachers and he's now in charge of Social Cohesion in the critical role of Home Affairs. Or it was in Tony Burke's own electorate that this hate preacher you're about to see uttered these deeply offensive remarks just twenty four hours after October seven.
Speaker 7: Smiling and unhappy. I'm it's a day of courage.
Speaker 2: On October the tenth, The Australian newspaper reported that Tony Burke and Chris Bowen were under pressure for failing to properly condemn local anti Israel preachers and activists who led rally celebrating her mass's at times. They wrote, Leader of the House mister Burke failed to directly condemn a preacher in his electorate who said he was elated at the murder of Israelis. The head of the nation's peak Jewish body Alex Rivchin called on the Workplace Relations Minister to repudiate this incitement in the harshest and clearest.
Speaker 1: Terms, he said.
Speaker 2: The criticism came after a rally took place in Lakember in mister Burke's Southwest Sydney electorate, during which speakers described attacks on Israel as you just heard, as an act of courage and resistance. Well, Tony Burke himself is pro Palestinian and anti Israel, and remember he didn't disavow the abc of the notion that Israel was committing genocide.
Speaker 11: I've heard people describe it as a genocide?
Speaker 12: Do you see it that way?
Speaker 13: I prefer to provide the facts as I just did, and I think your listeners will will find their own words to be able to describe it. I think when we go straight to do we use this word, do we use that word, we end up in an argument about linguistics. What I want to talk about is what's happening to individuals.
Speaker 2: But worse than this, what comments that Tony Burke made at the Woodford Folk Festival where he tried to explain away a context for the Hamas attacks on October seven.
Speaker 1: He said, as you're here.
Speaker 2: The history of the region didn't begin on the seventh of October.
Speaker 14: Before the seventh of Octobers. I think it's worth remembering because sometimes this is forgotten a canal, the word has been genocide us here.
Speaker 11: What is your response to those concerns?
Speaker 14: Do you share those concerns?
Speaker 13: The Israeli defeats minister said there will be no food, no water, no fuel.
Speaker 15: This is a complete siege and then.
Speaker 13: Described to the community in Gaza as human animals.
Speaker 15: The discussion that I believe that I believe makes a difference is in people hearing the facts of what is happening on the ground and they will very quickly choose words to describe it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: ASIO Boss Mike Burgess has warned that Islamic extremism Islamic extremism is the top domestic terror threat in our country. But how can Tony Burke be the Minister for Home Affairs when instead of a clear eyed focus on Islamic extremism as one of the top threats to Australia he chooses to more often than not simply attack Israel instead will Labor figure Cameron Milner, who is Bill Shotten's former chief of Staff. He's going to be on my show tonight and his view is that Tony Burke will be compromised as Minister for Home Affairs and Immigration because his seat of Watson is the center of Islamic extremism in Australia. And Cameron Milner says that Burke will be under local pressure from his constituents to take in more Palestinian refugees or Cameron told me today how could we expect him to take to cabinet a move to list his book to Rear, for instance, given its members are already campaigning against him in his own local seat. There's no question that under Tony Burke we will see a strengthening of the anti Israel position in the Albanese government because he's never been a friend of Israel. Burke's own history in the Immigration portfolio is also worrying. He presided over Operation Open Borders for the last three and a half months of the Rudd government back in twenty thirteen. Well two years after this, in twenty fifteen, Tony Burke spoke to Labor Faithful about how he proudly abolished temporary protection visas and he admitted the number of lives the people who had died under his watch.
Speaker 1: Have a look.
Speaker 13: I was the shadow Minister for Immigration before the two thousand and seven election. I took to the election and to this conference a platform that the entire conference cheered. I changed our platform so that we stood for the abolition of temporary projection visas. I was there for fewer than four months, and there are thirty three lives that were lost on my watch.
Speaker 2: Well during the time that he was Immigration minister, Tony Abbott launched a scathing attack on Tony Burke.
Speaker 16: We've had more than fifty thousand illegal arrivals, more than eight hundred votes, eleven billion dollars in budget bloouts, and tragically, more than a thousand deaths. Sy it's important to get the facts straight here.
Speaker 2: Well, given all of this, it is utterly extraordinary that Tony Burke is now trying to position himself as a future Labor leader, as a future prime minister.
Speaker 1: It's fascical.
Speaker 2: If that Albanezy government was doing poorly before on immigration, detention, on refugees, on social cohesion and more, it can only get worse with his new team. I mean, you'd laugh if it wasn't so concerning. For our safety and national security. All right, let's bring in tonight's panel, Sky News host Steve Price and contributor Joe Hildebrand. Welcome to you both. Great to see you. Well, let's start with tonight's breaking news.
Speaker 17: Joe.
Speaker 1: Peter Dutton is right now in Israel.
Speaker 2: He's going to be meeting, as I just revealed, with the Israeli President, Isaac Hertzog, with Israeli Foreign Minister, senior members of the government. Joe, this stands in obvious contrast to our Prime minister, who has refused to pay a solidarity visit to Israel since October seven.
Speaker 18: Yeah, look, I'm not I initially said that Anthony Alberanezi needed to wait for an invitation to visit Israel from the Prime Minister Edemint. It seems that invitation is not going to be forthcoming. It hasn't handled it particularly well, and I think the problem is that you have to be consistent in these things, and you have to take the rights down. You will find that he's actually politically rewarding as well as the right thing to do. And I think if there hadn't been and he was unequivocal in condemning the October seven attacks. He wasn't unlike Penny Wong, he didn't say, oh, you know, we urged Israel to you know, be proportionate in its response. But again if he hadn't been right there, you know, with Israel visiting those communities that were affected, meeting the Prime Minister, it would make it, I think politically easier for him to, for example, you know, move the motion that was moved in New South Wales Labor Conference over the weekend and to condemn the actions in Gaza, as it was for President Biden to do so, for example, because his allegiance to Israel is not under question. And I think that's where the Labor Party needs to be and they should take a leaf out of Joe Biden's book and maybe not Carmlala Harrison.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get to the Labor conference a bit later in the show. But Steve, the Prime Minister, was interviewed on Sky Today by Kieran Gilbert and I was interested to hear him and he doesn't say it often reiterate government's travel advice that people shouldn't be going to Israel.
Speaker 17: Have a quick look, people shouldn't be traveling Australian citizens shouldn't be traveling to that region given the instability which is there and the risks of escalation which are there.
Speaker 2: I mean, Steve, you'd presume the PM would have known through dfact that Dutton was making this trip. So perhaps that's where the comments are going to go over the next couple of days that Duton should be there.
Speaker 8: It really does give the opposition and Peter Dutton in particular more oxygen to describe Anthony Albanezi as a week leader. Now you've heard those two words shari on numerous occasions over the last couple of months. They keep prosecuting this case that the bloke in the lodge is not a strong decisive leader. So what Peter Dutton's trip does, of course, has put even more pressure on Anthony Albanesi in that regard. So and you can't underestimate either that that is a dangerous place at the moment. And Peter Dutton has decided to go on this very quick trip over three days. This whole Hesbilar issue could blow up while he's in the air or on the ground there in Israel, and it shows that he's prepared to actually go there and show an example of what Australia would be like under a Dutton government and the Dutton government's attitude to Israel. It shows a very big gap between the Albanezy government and what Peter Dutton would be like in power. And I think that's what the aim of the trip is as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, indeed, Joe, let's turn to the weekends reshuffle, Sunday's reshuffle.
Speaker 1: Look, the Prime Minister has tried.
Speaker 2: To say, oh no, there were no failings by Clara O'Neil.
Speaker 1: She's doing an excellent job.
Speaker 18: That's my birthday party, everybody, that's the prize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: No one believes the ministers were performing so well that they just had to be moved out of their portfol.
Speaker 18: Of course, no one believes it. But he has to say it doesn't he's the Prime minister. There is colleagues. He's saying the right thing. It's like when you know, you send out an email saying that you know, like Joe will be leaving us at the end of this month after fifteen years with the company. We wish him well in his future endeavors. He's been a wonderful employee. Of course, he's going to say that blind Freddie knows that's not the case. I don't think this reshuffle is the disaster that a lot of people seem to be paid to it as it seems very sensible to me. Sensible Tony, like Tony Burke, is a really really strong performer. People might not agree with his past decisions or his past positions, but he's a very strong performer. He's smart, he's a strong parliamentary performer. He'll be able to handle it very well. I think Andrew Giles, I think, is the real sort of I suppose culprit in the disaster over the immigrant detainees, and he's been absolutely shafted, he's been absolutely shelld But it looks like a move sideways technically, so that's fine. Again, when was the last time you heard about the wonderful work Brendan O'Connor was doing in skills Never That's why no one's going to hear from Andrew Giles every again. Claire O'Neil, A bit like Bill Shorten being sent to ndis. You've got a portfolio that wasn't even in cabinet the last time laborer in government. It's now a really front of center, supercharged important portfolio, and what do you do. You get someone who's got a lot to prove, who maybe didn't have such a great run on the paddock last time round. You say, right, your reputation, your legacy depends on you fixing this crisis. That's what Shorten is doing right now with the NDAs.
Speaker 2: And that's why I reckon Claire, given housing is so critical, Given it's part of the reason inflation is so Hi you think he would put Albaneze, He would put the absolute best minister in that Steve. I'm going to hear your take though, and what Joe just said, because I completely disagree with him that Tony Burke couldn't be better for Home affairs. I mean home affairs you need someone tough on national security, tough on immigration, someone who is strong on terrorism.
Speaker 1: I mean Tony.
Speaker 2: Burke didn't call out the hate preachers after October seven.
Speaker 8: Immediately it was Joe out the back when you started the show today.
Speaker 18: He's been missing in action.
Speaker 8: I mean, he clearly didn't hear a word you said. If he thinks Tony Burke's going to do a great job, I mean Tony Burke has a seat which, as you point out, Chari is the center of radical Islam in Australia and he if he wants to retain the seat, has to keep the Muslim vote and that's what he is going to be doing. I mean, why would you put someone like that in charge of Home Affairs? I mean this whole O'Neil gilesing just makes me laugh. I mean I sometimes wonder whether the Prime ministraction listens to himself when he speaks. He was on Sky today with Kieran and he had a crack at Barnaby Joyce over those comments joycemade yesterday and he said, what does this bloke have to do to lose his job? Was he talking about Andrew Joles?
Speaker 1: Yeah'll give about clear ooneal exactly.
Speaker 2: Such a good point. I mean, the hypocrisy is truly breathtaking. Well, let's have a look at the reality of this cost of living crisis on the ground, and we read today that Australian hospitality businesses are going under sadly at record rates. This is new data from the Australian Securities and Investments and it shows the number of food service in solvencies, So restaurants and cafes insolvencies have jumped fifty percent to one thousand, six hundred and sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: You know this indicates that people can't afford to eat to dine out so much.
Speaker 18: It is terrible and it's awful to say any business go under, especially small business there. However, the brutal reality is this is what the Reserve Bank wants Australians to do. It wants us to cut spending. And this is why these businesses are going under because customers are no longer spending their cutting back on anything because there is a cost of living crisis. And believe me, I know, but they are not spending on anything they don't absolutely have to. So if there is a light at the end of this tunnel, a silver lining to this cloud, it is that this will hopefully put less pressure on the RBA to raise interest rates next month.
Speaker 2: For a very fine line though, between lowering inflation and not plunging.
Speaker 18: This This is the problem. It's a really session and.
Speaker 1: The place where is the RBA on that? Are you worried about that? Steve?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Look, I know a number of people who run businesses that have chains of restaurants, and you know they are very successful. But guess what can't afford to open on a Sunday, can't afford to play the penalty rates in Victoria, you've got increases in land taxes, every price of everything they sell has gone up, and of course the changes to the industrial relations system boarding by this government mean they've got to pay staff so much more money. We are in the middle of a recession. Walk down any of the main eat streets in Australia and you know, I know Melbourne better than I know Brisbane, but I've seen it in Sydney. The number of two let signs in places like Chapel Street are unbelievable and people can't afford to go out, and so they're not going out and having smashed avocado on toast. Although we do still see cafes that are full of people and Joe's probably an avocado man, and absolutely, I mean most of us can't afford to go out and do that anymore.
Speaker 18: Yeah, strictly vegiemite and a flat white and that's it. Even a lart I reckonised you wouldn't pay.
Speaker 2: No one would pay for vegimine and toasted a cafe you.
Speaker 18: Mail that do it at high not leave the house, not pay.
Speaker 2: For Vegmink and everyone else has show on Sky News. All right, Steve Price, great to see you and Joe think you coming up after the break. The Middle East on the brink of all out war as Israel prepares to respond to Hesbela's deadly attack on children. Politician in Israel Sharon Haskell will join me Life plus the alarming report that reveals a disinformation campaign aimed at the Paris Olympics, with the Middle East is on the brink of all out war after twelve children were killed when Hesbelah hit Israel's Golan Heights on the weekend. Israel and the United States both say Hesbelah is responsible for the attack in the druzetown of Majdal Chams, but the terror group has denied responsibility. The IDF has confirmed it will prepare a response against Hesbelah. Well, let's bring it now, Israeli politician Sharon Haskell.
Speaker 1: Sharon, you're joining us.
Speaker 2: You're in a car en route to where the attack happened in Israel's north. The situation on the ground looks volatile. Flights are being canceled. I understand and correct me if I'm wrong. There are around one hundred thousand Israelis who've been displaced from the north Drew's parents are burying their children. What can we expect now from Israel's response to Hesbelah and how soon.
Speaker 6: Well isbel I had crossed the red line? And you're right. I'm coming back now from the town of mach Delchams here in Israel and the Golden Heights, and it's heartbreaking. There are twelve families, the entire Drew's community whose morning into Israel entirely. I don't think that a massacre like that of twelve children has left one dry eye year in Israel. Our hearts are completely shattered and broken. These are little babies. These are little children who went to play soccer, They wanted to play sport, they were competing there and their parents are absolutely broken. The entire community is broken. It's difficult to be in this area during this point of time because we know that this is the quiet before the storm. Crossing such a red line targeting massacrering children, there's gonna be a fierce response.
Speaker 1: We have to.
Speaker 6: Make sure that Chris ballad that back by Iran. These are by Iran's order. The IRGC ordered that, and we need to make sure that this line will never be crossed again, and for that we need to bring back to the turrent into our borders. Every single day there are dozens of attacks with drones, with missiles, killing people, destrowing homes, destroying lands. And if we want to be able to bring back Israeli refugees into their homes, we have to make sure that Chris Balla understand that there's a price for attacking like that, and definitely for murdering children in such a horrific way.
Speaker 2: Look, everyone's on edge in Israel at the moment. There are concerns that the wider areas of Israel as well could now come under attack from Hesbela, as you say, funded by Iran, not just the north. Is this what you're expecting that there is going to be a larger scale conflict now with Hesbelah.
Speaker 6: Well, it really depends on there. I mean for nine months now, but nine months we've been withholding our troops from the defending the northern border, from defending our community in our homes. And so if Chris Blah will decide to continue to attack on a daily basis a sovereign state, obviously, I don't think there's going to be another solution than a full on confrontation. We're given the international community now more than nine months to try and negotiate peacefully, you know, some diplomatic resolution. But Chris Blah and especially in Iran, doesn't understand that. They don't understand the diplomatic way. They don't understand diplomatic solution, and they don't keep up to their word all these agreements. I mean, we have an agreement. There's a United Nations resolution about Chris Ballad.
Speaker 1: They broke that.
Speaker 6: They're attacking Israel on a daily basis. They're murdering our citizens, they're murdering children. So of course, by the look of things, it will become a full confrontation. And Chris Ballah needs to understand. Look, Israel does not want to turn their route into Jubailah, Jebelia or a Fiah. Okay, we don't want that. We've given the international community nine months to come to a diplomatic solution, so you cannot.
Speaker 2: But is that what you're saying is going to happen? Are you saying that is going to be an attack on Beirut?
Speaker 6: I don't say this is I say that Israel for nine months has been weld withholding it and we all want to see the same site. That's why we've given them nine months for a diplomatic solution, but obviously it doesn't come to this point. So at this point, as Israeli, we do not see any other solution in a full confrontation and to make sure that we are able to defend on northern border.
Speaker 2: All right, and that is going to be an extremely tough period, heavy loss of life, no doubt on both sides. Sharon, really appreciate your time tonight. Thank you very much. That's Sharon Haskell, an Israeli politician. Well, let's move to the Paris Olympics now, and we have an exclusive report we can bring you where it's been revealed that Russia is using the Paris Olympics as a way to launch a major disinformation campaign, with pro Russian aibots creating fake videos.
Speaker 1: Designed to destabilize the games.
Speaker 2: In one example that you've probably heard of, a video is spread on social media pretending to be from Hamas inciting violence at the Olympics. Then there was also a deep fake documentary that had Tom Cruise, not the real Tom Cruise, criticizing Olympic officials. Well, let's bring in now cybersecurity expert Internet two point oh co founder David Robinson to explain.
Speaker 1: David, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: What is your work delving into who's been behind these fake videos?
Speaker 1: What is it uncovered?
Speaker 19: Good evening, Sherry. Basically, it looks like Russia is launching strategic disinformation campaign against the Olympics, against Paris from our view, basically on multiple fronts, through multiple mediums. There are videos pretending to be Hamas making direct threats in a violent way against the IOC in Paris twenty twenty four. They're also you know, pretending to be from different areas in that rift. But in the end, there's an open wound here in France, and that's the history of terrorism and the social cohesion issue that has been going on with the election. So Russia is trying to divide the French and exploit that rift in society. So you attacking the IOC but also being very divisive in their campaign.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's something I think a lot of people don't realize. We know, there's a lot of inflammatory content on social media, particularly on TikTok, which is where a lot of the younger generation are, but it's not well known that often state actors like Russia are behind this, so are putting forward disinformation even to drive an erosion of social cohesion in the West. What do you think that aim is here, specifically in targeting the Olympics.
Speaker 19: Russia is the only country that normally comes to the Olympics that has had a torrid history of being banned from the Olympics. Obviously, the doping scandal, the war in Ukraine basically means that Russia's banned from the Paris twenty twenty four Olympics after their doping band was removed. So Putin takes significant value in national sporting competitions, both in football and Olympic sport. And so there's a great history here between Putin's Russia and the Olympics disrupting them. You know, they invaded Georgia in two thousand and eight, they launched a massive cyber attack in twenty eighteen against North Sorry, that South Korean Winter Olympics. So it's a huge personal insult Putin representing Russia in his mind, in his perception that he's not allowed to come.
Speaker 2: David, the report that you've given us for this show tonight, it shows the IOC twenty twenty four apps.
Speaker 1: So the official Olympic.
Speaker 2: App actually allows TikTok tracking cookies, so anyone who downloads the app could potentially be tracked by TikTok.
Speaker 1: Is that accurate and why would this be happening?
Speaker 19: Yeah, Cherry, we've released that in the last twenty four hours, so it's probably Australian exclusive on TV. We've done a lot of analysis on the IOC IOC's twenty twenty four paras app in the last week and they embed a lot of third parties into the app, and notably you know, for Australian government officials, US government officials, TikTok their JavaScript basically is embedded through the app and their website. So as soon as you go to check your metal tally or download the app, TikTok is getting browser activity and all the activity you do on that domain, and so you can you can stop it, but you have to go into the curity settings and hit reject or if you don't, TikTok we'll get that information.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. Not many people of course would know to do that.
Speaker 2: All right, Dave, thank you so much for your time, and just to explain who Dave is, he was a former intelligence officer in Australia and now he's a cybersecurity expert with his firm that he co founded, Internet two point zero, and their work is responsible for a lot of the revelations on TikTok that have led to change in the United States Congress.
Speaker 1: Well, coming up.
Speaker 2: After the break, We've still got a lot to look at. Albanizi is fast losing the trust of voters. Yet another damaging poll plus a labor inside it slams Alban Ezey's.
Speaker 1: Move to promote Tony Burke.
Speaker 2: Cameron Milner will join me next. All right, welcome back. Well, in a minute, I'm going to show you the first pictures of Peter Dutton live on the ground in Israel. This is exclusive to us to the Shari program. You can see there Peter Dutton in a bilateral meeting with his Israeli officials. This is Peter Dutton with Israel's Foreign Minister, Israel Cats. These pictures have just come in to us. This is a highly significant meeting. Later today Israel time, Peter Dutton will meet with Israeli President Isaac Hertzog in a strong show of support from the Coalition towards our closest ally in the Middle East, and this follows the Albanesi government's track record of increasing hostility and criticism towards Israel, despite our strong history of intelligence sharing agreements, our strong friendship. Albert Ezi has not visited it Israel since October seven. Most other world leaders took a trip there in a show of solidarity, Albinizi did not. When Penny Wong eventually went, she failed to visit the sites of the terrorist massacre in the South. She didn't visit the Nova festival either, where one thy two hundred young people were killed in cold blood, gunned down.
Speaker 1: We've had survivors on this show.
Speaker 2: But Peter Dutton has traveled there.
Speaker 1: He is there.
Speaker 2: He flew in tonight and he went straight to a meeting with Israel's Foreign minister, Israel Cats. So very significant meeting, very impressive. It's going to send a strong message by Peter Dutton to the Jewish community and it comes after just how vocal he's been on the issue of anti Semitism. Well, let's bring in now Labor powerbroker Cameron Milner and former Labor MP Michael Danby. Welcome to you both. We're going to get to Tony Burke in a minute. But Cameron, I just want to get your reaction to this breaking news tonight. I mean, what do you think it highlights Albaneze's failure on this issue?
Speaker 20: Absolutely, chari and Peter Dutton once again is showing Australians what leadership really looks like. He's actually doing the things for Australia on the international stage, not going on some kntique tour on TOTO one and having Champagne in the White House doing real international relations. And so Peter Dutton yet again is showing the Prime Minister what primises should be doing and isn't. And that's an indictment on Albow.
Speaker 2: I think I need to remind viewers Cameron that you are Bill Shotton's former chief of staff. You are a senior labor figure. You know this isn't a conservative person criticizing Albin Easy here, Michael Danby, long term federal labor MP. Michael, what's your take on Darton's visit here?
Speaker 21: Well, Elbow should have gone there. Even his fashionist to mate with whom he issues press releases now pontificating about the Middle East, Justin Trudeau has been How can you comment how can you have these poor Israeli ambassador I, me and my Moon called in to discuss Hezbollah and her muscle, all this kind of stuff. If you haven't seen the facts on the ground, if you haven't been there and you haven't spoken to people, negligent, Just like Foreign Minister Wong with Ukraine. I was there in March in Ukraine, took a train to Kiev. Come on, penny, you can't be giving Australian tax fares money there without going there. Out of failure war no Embassy of Australia still then just replicated time after time. But the amen corner of the press gallery in Canberra lets them both off.
Speaker 2: Indeed they do a Cameron Tony Burke promoted to Home Affairs Minister. It's a kind of unbelievable. What are your concerns about him taking on this job?
Speaker 20: Well, the whole reshuffle is like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. I mean it's not exactly a big change, but the worst possible change is Tony Burke into the two portfolios. He's taken utterly compromised. His own electorate is the epicenter of is Islamic extremism in Australia the epicenter of hate preachers, and yet as the local member he's waved it all through.
Speaker 8: So Goodness knows what.
Speaker 20: He does as our Home Affairs minister when our national security is at stake. Goodness knows when he's got the demand for Palestinian refugees in vert commas to come out after the conflict, who will no doubt be flooded with hamas and other g hardy operatives and it will wave them through As a weak immigration minister, No, Tony Berg is utterly compromised because his own personal endev and try to hold on the seat of Watson against the Muslim vote will compromise every single decision he makes. Can be making decisions on his own interests no longer than national interests and Albow should have known better.
Speaker 2: No, very good points, very strong comments. Now you'd think the Albanezer government would be focusing almost solely on the cost of living at the moment, but absurdly, given they can't even solve the housing crisis, they think they can fix the problems in the Middle East. And we saw the Labor State conference over the weekend in New South Wales and there was a big push Michael Danby for Palestinian statehood, even while her Mass currently remains as the governing body. There was some sense from none other than Daniel Andrew's former Victorian premier, and he wanted against recognition of a Palestinian state.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 2: Daniel Andrews said, and I quote her mask on not about peace, hermuss on not about anything other than the eradication of the Jewish state. Federal Communications Minister Michelle Roland also dismissed concerns over the Muslim vote campaign. She's said, Michael that Labour shouldn't be basing its position on the war it's foreign policy on pro Palestinian voting intentions. Michael, how much do you miss Daniel Andrews at the moment?
Speaker 21: Well, I actually saw his speech. It's ironic that the former socialist left premier of Victoria is more towards the political center on these issues on national security issues than the New South Wales right. Tony Burke, Chris Bowen ed Hughesick are all responsible for the total intellectual collapse of social democracy in Australia. This is not the labor of Kim Beasley, Bob Hawke, even Paul Keating or Kevin Rudd, and it's not just on this Middle East issue, but it's on the environment, cost of living, all of these kinds of issues, giving the unions too much power while he was a minister for Union Afares, Tony Burke. It's all a mistake, you know. It's not what Bob Hawk would have done, not what Kim Beasley would have done. It's a different Labor.
Speaker 1: Party, Cameron.
Speaker 2: We've got this new Redbridge pole in the papers over the past couple of days showing that the Labor government is struggling to hold on to public confidence. Voters are now turning to the opposition. In the two party preferred survey, Coalition is leading fifty one point five percent to Labour's forty eight point five percent.
Speaker 1: So again this shows.
Speaker 2: Cameron that perhaps Albanzi doesn't have the instincts in the right place. He needs to be doing more on the issues that are affecting everyday families who are struggling.
Speaker 20: Absolutely, and thank goodness, Jim Chalmers is trying as hard as he possibly can as Treasurer on the cost of living issue. But no, this poll is part of a trend, a huge trend, and it's a trend away from Albanese. Labour's primary is plummeting and Peter Duttley's rebuild the conservative or liberal primary nationwide because he's talking about cost of living, because he's talking about issues at matter around the kitchen table, not virtue signally on Gaza, actually putting downward pressure on gas prices. No, so seriously, Charlie, We've been talking about.
Speaker 18: This on the program for a while now.
Speaker 20: Albert has a huge problem and the longer it goes, the worst it'll get.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Indeed, all right, Cameron Milner, Michael Danby, thank you both very much for your time and thoughts tonight. Now still to come the race to the White House titans as new polling shows VP Kamala Harris gaining ground on Trump Plus. And this is an outrageous story. Google stands accused of censoring the assassination attempt of Donald Trump. This is a big story and I'll bring it to you next.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, let's turn to the United States now, where Vice President Kamala Harris is calling background lost by Joe Biden. There's a new Wall Street Jonal poll and it shows a likely Democratic nominee is sitting forty seven percent to Donald Trump's forty nine percent in a two person matchup. Harris is also fundraising extremely well, picking up a reported eighty one million dollars in one day. This is apparently the record for twenty three hours. That's bringing now Sky News contributor Kosher Gada Koshark great to see you look in the space of just a week, it looks like the Democrats is back up and running.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 22: I think you know, this race has clearly been reset Shari. And what's even more remarkable is what would normally be developed over an eighteen month time span, that's the typical time span of a presidential campaign, all of that has been compressed into one hundred days, one hundred days away from election day, and so you're going to see this kind of tightening and everything else happened at an accelerated space.
Speaker 1: Peace It is expected.
Speaker 22: There's sort of, you know, a honeymoon period for somebody who's by a large still a blank canvas to a lot of people, and they're working very hard over the next four weeks both parties to frame her and define her. But I think a lot of pent up demand that had been put to the side of disillusioned voters in the week of Biden and that disaster's debate, all of that is coming back out.
Speaker 1: And being released.
Speaker 22: It's sort of like a relief rally, and I think many people expect that it's going to continue in August and that at that point we go back to the fundamentals of the race, and I think those last sixty seventy days is kind of going to basically shake out in terms of the final results.
Speaker 1: Here. Look, let's turn to this story. I think this is incredible.
Speaker 2: Google, as in the search engine is censoring results for the assassination attempt of Donald Trump, and instead we're seeing that Google is suggesting recommended search results for Donald Reagan, Hitler, Bob Marley, anything you can think of, but not Donald Trump. I actually tested this out today and anyone at home can do it as well. Go to Google, type in attempted assassination on and even when you start writing Dnald Donald Trump does not come up.
Speaker 1: Kosher.
Speaker 2: I think this is a for the role of big tech in the upcoming US.
Speaker 22: Election one hundred percent. I tested out as well, and you know it doesn't even stop with Google. I also tried it in chat GPT and it comes out and says that there are no credible reports from credible sources that he in fact was had an attempt at assassination.
Speaker 1: That's outrageous.
Speaker 22: I think, you know, it really brings to point this issue with big tech, where Google is eighty five percent of the search industry and Being is the other fifteen percent. There By the way it works, they're not doing this. So you've got so much power in this one company that has so much a market power as well as information control power. You layer on AI with the chat GPT example, it's only going to get worse. But for a few flashpoints. You've got X, You've got some media outlets, you've got independent media that's sort of making this known. But it is really really ominous, and it's just another version of what we saw in the last election with the Hunter Biden laptop suppression or this suppression, and you're seeing it in real time, and unfortunately a lot of people who get their news from just these platforms and aren't as literate about going out and finding other resources will be unfortunately their opinions are shaped or you know, erasure is happening right before our eyes.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's interesting that the left is so worried about disinformation, you know, as we all are, but the Left makes it a campaign platform. You know, they've tried to have disinformation and commissioners, and yet on chat GPT no credible information that there was an assassination attempt on Donna Tumpa.
Speaker 1: It's just unbelievable. Now, let's turn to Trump's running mate JD. Vance.
Speaker 2: He's doubling down after footage emerged of him making these comments.
Speaker 12: Have a look, we're effectively run in this country via the Democrats, via our corporate oligarchs, by a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives and the choices that they've made, and so they want to make the rest of the country miserable too.
Speaker 2: Tucker nodding along, by the way childless cat ladies.
Speaker 21: Well.
Speaker 2: In an interview on another form of Fox host at the Megan Kelly Show, Vance said it was a sarcastic common.
Speaker 23: It's not the criticism of people who don't have children. I explicitly said in my remarks, despite the fact that media has lied about this, that this is not about criticizing people who, for various reasons, didn't have kids. This is about criticizing the Democratic Party for becoming anti family an anti child.
Speaker 1: Look, many people will be offended.
Speaker 2: It is difficult to have children, a lot of fertility issues, So Kosha, this is damaging him. We've seen major celebrities like Jennifer Aniston attack him for the comments.
Speaker 22: Yes, and he has stepped into the lions den here, So any word he has ever spoken or written, they're going to call him through that. And this was an unforced error in terms of the style with which he phrased that and the words that he chose as he's doing the clean up right now with Megan Kelly and others. Though I think his broader point that he's sticking by is it's about what kind of society do we have and are we pro family or anti family? As a broader point, But I think I would come back to what we talked about at the top, where this race is going to be very very close, and it's going to be one lost on ultimately the base turning out for both sides. And if you look at what his answer is now and in terms of how he's trying to correct that or modulate it through that lens, it explains that he's going to not worry about the Jennifer Aniston's or even like some of the moderate votes might be gettable as much as he's worried about getting those low propensity voters that are already open to and supportive of his policy and President Trump's policy, and I don't think these comments are going to swear them. So that's why he's going to double down on that position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Koshakhana, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think the likes of Jennifer Aniston and Taylor Swift aren't going to change too many votes. People know what they think of Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Now that's it for me. I'll see you at eight o'clock tomorrow evening. And right now, here's Paul Murray