Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Maths Funny Podcast and to you, my dearest listeners. The time is upon us once again, and I can't believe it, but filming for next year season is set to start in Sydney any day now. Perhaps it's even already started. To be honest, I have been quite distracted lately. So firstly, before we get into this episode, I'm putting my annual plea out there for anybody with information. Do you know someone going on the show. If you're in Sydney, keep an eye out for any weddings you may stumble upon. Slide into my DMS if you see anything that maybe your Math's wedding, you know you're looking out for, Like camera cruise trucks, limos, We've GoPros attached to them, things like that every year.
Speaker 2: That's basically how I find the most of the time. It's through you guys.
Speaker 1: So you are my eyes and ears out there on the streets. And now for today's episode, on the topic of the upcoming new season and the new cast. Last year's cast are already trying to latch onto the newbies, with Gia being the first on TikTok to offer them some words of advice.
Speaker 3: Let me just say this. If you're feeling like you're going to be the villain and you're a little bit of a baddie and you think shit, I'm you go to the hens and they're setting you up and you think shit, this is my character on the show sliding my gms.
Speaker 4: I got you, girl, I got you.
Speaker 2: I'll be your bff. I've got you.
Speaker 3: Been down this road to fucking shit road.
Speaker 1: And then in response to GA posting that telling the cast the message her for guidance, Stella then responded with her own TikTok saying this.
Speaker 4: Do not contact Gea, do not contact you.
Speaker 2: Whatever you do, do not contact GA.
Speaker 1: And then after that year obviously responding to Stella saying this, So.
Speaker 4: I've seen the video where that person said, don't go to her for advice. You know I don't come to me for advice one hundred percent. If you're a good girl edit or you're looking good on the show, you're getting along with your partner and everything's peachy, Rosie Rainbow Sunshine, don't come to me. What the fuck advice can I give you? I thought I made it clear. I don't know why some people aren't getting what I meant, but I'll make it. Fucking Crystal, come to me if you are a Billain, a Billain only, a villain only.
Speaker 1: Okay, And now today I'm going to insert myself into this conversation. And this podcast you're about to listen to is essentially an open letter to the new cast as they prepare for what will be one of the most exciting, draining, bizarre, intense, and dramatic phases of their lives. And you know you're all still welcome to listen to it. Please do, even though it is just for the new cast. But I think you'll all gain something from this, especially as we like talk about the mindset of these people and the psychological journey they're about to go on, and like, trust me to you new cast members, like, please save this episode and come back to it, because everything I'm going to say is after covering this show for years and working across more seasons than I can count, and even meeting more former cast members than I could ever even try and count.
Speaker 2: So here we go. Let me get my notes up.
Speaker 1: I've actually written a letter and printing it, you know, to be proper, all right.
Speaker 2: That was me shuffling the paper for audio effect.
Speaker 1: Dear future cast, why the fuck have you agreed to go on this show?
Speaker 2: Are you stupid?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't actually write that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dear future cast, the next few months of your life will be split into stages that you're yet to realize. You're currently in the excitement phase. You've had months of auditions, meetings, and excitement with producers and bosses selling you the dream. You of course know how this show can ruin reputations, and you've seen the complaints from former cast members. But right now, trust me, I guarantee most of you are thinking, Nah, that won't happen to me. You know that won't be my experience, because so far, every interaction you've had with everyone involved in this show has been nothing but positive. Right now, I assume you're also preparing yourself to potentially not hit it off with your partner, and you're also preparing yourself to potentially clash with the other cast. But and again, I guarantee you're also thinking, well, you know who you are, and you won't act in a way where you'll be ashamed of yourself or slammed by viewers, are even hated. And I say this politely, but that means nothing, because the longer you're in the experiment, the more you're away from your routine, you're away from your loved ones, your reality, and you're also away from actual reality. And again, the longer you're there, the more you will and trust me I've spoken to I'd say at least one hundred for my cast members. The more you're there, the more you will start to lose touch with reality. Because while you're there in the experiment, you have got this incredible pressure building that you probably haven't noticed yet because it hadn't started. And you're going to become isolated, and you're going to be living in a tiny studio apartment where you're surrounded by a cast that you don't know if you can trust, and the only people you think in your corner are you know, the ground producers, the ones who have already started building relationships and what you think have friendships with you, and you know, you think, well, you know, people say producers are evil, but God, the one I've got, the one I'm dealing with the most, they're so lovely, Like God, I could be friends with them. And as that pressure I just mentioned starts to build, you will start to think without realizing at the time that the show is the only thing that matters in the world, and for a few months, it will be the only thing that does exist in your world. And they want you to think like that because then as that excitement you started with fades and you know, the chaos and confusion creeps in, and when storylines start to get heated and you're unsure how to proceed, those producers will then be encouraging you to like speak your mind and be outspoken, and they're going to say things like, you know, if you do that, if you if you tell that girl what you think about, you know, Australia is going to back you and you need to stand up for yourself. But when they start doing that, and trust me, they will that. That's how they do their job. Remember one thing their job is to produce you. They are paid to produce compelling television full of big reactions, and they need to get those big reactions from you. And once they've won your trust initially, which they are doing now or maybe have done at this stage, you know, this is when they will start to gradually manipulate you into reacting how they want you to react or how their bosses want you to react. And by the point you know that producer, you're producer, the one right now, you think, oh, they're not that bad. Damn my friend. You know, by the time they really start to produce you, you will for a moment, like briefly feel empowered because they've made you think like you want to make a stand and speak up about whatever's happening. And even if you're in the wrong in whatever the situation is, you won't even realize that at the time, because again, those producers will be telling you things like, God, Australia is going to love you, Australia is going to be right behind you. I can't believe that person has done that. You need to say something. You need to say something on behalf of everybody who's going to be screaming at their telling is like, this is your moment. This is gonna make you. You're gonna be so famous and get so many followers. And trust me, they will say things like that. They do it every year. Every former cast member has told me they have done that. And again they do that to produce you, because that's their job. And then once they've done that, and you then have that big moment and then it blows up in your face and doesn't go how they said it was going to go. By that point into the process, you would then start to feel trapped and then you'll be like, oh shit, I need to leave like that. This isn't what I thought it was going to be. This isn't going how I thought it was going to be, Like just get me home. And when you say things like that or threaten things like that or start thinking like that, you'll then be told h nah, you can't leave, sorry, and you'll then go no, like I really want to leave. But they will say things like, well, if you do leave now, like you're gonna regret it because the other person will win and all the viewers will love them. You know, they're gonna use tactics like that. Or they may even say things like well, if you quit now and go home Australia, it's definitely gonna hate you. So you have to stay of why is you're gonna ruin your reputation forever and never get a job. And they'll say things like, you know, come on, just give it one more week. We can turn it around. We can turn everything around, we can make it good, we can make you loved again, So then you go, okay, I'm gonna And then only then, once you have stayed and the storyline's over and you're broken and you've delivered all the drama they can squeeze from you, and your storyline comes to an end, then you'll be encouraged to finally right leave and leave the show. Or you may even be encouraged, depending on how far along it now is, to stay until fine of ours to dump someone, like at that final moment, you know, for that last big hit, and again they'll say things like, look, we know there's no future, you know that, but but just wait, given another week or so, like, have that big moment, really show them what they've done, how they've hurt you. But you may not even realize the saying the same to the other person who's going to dump you first. And it's only then when it's finally over and you're finally free and you're finally back home and back to real life and surrounded by your loved ones and away from that bubble of producers and pressure and cast members and cameras, you will then have a moment where you stop and you'll think, what the fuck did I just go through and then again, trust me, because I've spoken to far too many cast members who all say the same story. You'll then spend the next few months, as this show's launch date gets closer and closer, stressing and fretting, thinking is my life about to be ruined forever? Because you realize you have no control of the edit, and you'll think back on all those moments the producer said no, you're going to be loved, but then in the moment it didn't go how they said it was going to go, and you'll think, well, maybe they could edit it in my favor, but maybe they won't edit it in my favor, and you'll realize anything can be taken out of context. So my advice to you go into this with an open mind. Show, but please remember who you are and just remember what you stand for now in the real world as a regular person having a regular life. And as depressure mounts on the show or as things get heated, just take a step back now and again and think back to even this podcast and what I've just said, and ask yourself, am I about to do something or say something that I really want to or am I about to react to something in a way I would like now in the real world, in my regular day to day life, or am I being subtly pushed to do something that like you're realizing you're potentially being manipulated into. Like the best advice for anyone on this show, like you can't talk someone out of going a mass if they're already sat in it, because again they're in that phase now of the bad stuff won't happen to me. I'm going to be loved, So again, just the best advice every now and again, take a second walk away from the building, away from your partner, the producers, the cast, turn your phone off or phone your momare phone your loved one, and then stop and go wait, what's happening? And how would I react in the real world. And I'm going to bring in some inspirational music now because I'm getting to a big moment in this in this letter which I'm slightly going off script one, but also remember in those moments when it does get too much and you're feeling struggling and stressed and trapped, like just remember you owe these people and those producers absolutely nothing. They have no ownership on you, your name, your life, anything, and you can put your hand up at any moment and leave.
Speaker 2: And then if they do start to say things like you know, if.
Speaker 1: You do this, you'll you'll regret it, and Australia is gonna hate you to like pressure you and coerce you into staying. Just hold your hand out and go wait, and then get your phone out of your pocket. And that's your personal phone, not the show one.
Speaker 2: They give you.
Speaker 1: There you have access to and just start recording. Just start film and film them. Do that because in that moment, as you do that, they'll be like, oh shit, and that like evidence, which sounds weird to say evidence, but your documentation of those moments.
Speaker 2: You won't really. Yeah, it holds so much power.
Speaker 1: And again you owe these people nothing and married at first sight, Australia, as much as we love it, it would not be the global success it is without people like you hopefully listening now, essentially putting your everything on the line for the sake of our entertainment.
Speaker 2: And yeah, remember that, because.
Speaker 1: Without you there is no show and without you, like the network can't make their tens of millions of dollars a year. So again, in those moments, you feel you being manipulated coerced, pushed into doing something that doesn't feel right, doesn't.
Speaker 2: Align with you.
Speaker 1: Just get your phone out and press record, and just document that dirty side, which is such a gray area, especially at this point with all the investigations.
Speaker 2: Into what happens behind the scenes, and.
Speaker 1: Remind those producers in those moments, hey, I've signed up for your show, but I haven't signed my life away to you, so you listen to me.
Speaker 2: And also remember they need you more than you need them.
Speaker 1: And you know it may feel big and scary standing up for yourself when you think that you're just an average person from maybe a small town and these are big TV people.
Speaker 2: But again, they need you more than you need them.
Speaker 1: And this isn't to deter any of the upcoming casts from continuing with the show or to just quit now, because again, if you're this fight, and you've already made your mind up, and you may have the most incredible experience of your life, and you may come out unscathed, and you may even come out with love. But I just say all of this now because these last few months, more than ever, the things being brought to the service about what can happen and has happened behind the scenes on reality television and you know Maths UK Maths Australia is shocking and you'll often hear me on here if you followed the podcast talking about how I think producers really need to step back, reassess how they work to make these shows and realize they don't need to push people as far as they do. But I personally don't think that's going to happen. I don't think they are going to step back and reassess or change anything. So therefore it is down to you, guys the cast, to stand up for yourselves and be more aware of their tactics and be vocal from the start about what you will and won't accept, because they're going to make you feel like you're the luckiest person in the world to be there, and you should jump through hoops when they say, and you should be so grateful and you don't dare question anything. But nah, again, they need you, you don't need them, and you know, be the change you want to see in the world and what we want to see in the world because together united, all right, This is getting a bit silly now, isn't it, But you get my point right. Ultimately, though, if you are a cast member on the new series. Like just again, be aware of all this stuff now and save this podcast because you won't realize any of the in the moment, trust me, because there's going to be ten million things happening and.
Speaker 2: Other than all that. Yeah, have the best time and probably see you around soon. My name's Josh.
Speaker 1: You've probably been warned to stay away from me already, which I always find quite laughable, to be honest, Eventually you realize my intentions. I mostly just to have fun. I'm not here to screen anyone over, fuck anyone over. I'm just here to do a job, have a laugh, hopefully entertain a few people on this podcast, and if it does get a bit heated and hectic, then I try to use this pod to like start positive conversations or stir it in a way that could lead to change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see it