Speaker 1: Welcome to the Late Debates.
Speaker 2: Good evening and thanks for your company tonight. Joining me this evening in lou of James McPherson and CAYLEB Bond, who have both deserted us for the night, we have du hildorand and kel Richards joining us. He's edging closer to a permanent spot.
Speaker 1: He really just call a We're happy to fill in.
Speaker 2: Oh good anytime. These two are not new to the Late Debate, as you well know. But coming up tonight, the Irish government has sent out a call to expats here in sunny Australia, calling on them to come home and help with their own housing crisis. Build more houses, they say, we'll make it worth your while. Well, it's sparked a backlash that they didn't see coming. Also coming up in the papers tonight, still manufacturers in Victoria feeling very duped by duplicitous politicians finding out that they're buying their steel from China for some massive projects. You can imagine how cheated they feel. Also in the papers tonight, job losses being masked by the care economy. It appears not is all as it seems, but will get into those numbers soon but first, they're in your water supply, they're in your food, they're in your cooking implements, they're absolutely everywhere. These man made chemicals known as pfas or forever chemicals, because they don't break down in the environment and they don't break down in your system. These man made chemicals are linked to a raft of illnesses and different health complications. There's a reason why the US claims it spends two hundred and fifty billion dollars every year on the poor health side effects due to people consuming pfas in their everyday food and water. Now, this is a big soapbox of mine, as you know, and we've been talking about this for quite some time now, but it looks like Australia may be taking some action. You would remember six months ago this headline shocked a nation. It read Australian drinking water now allows US car synogen at one hundred and forty times the US rate. It bears mentioning that the US have warned there are no safe levels of exposure to these chemicals. So this, well, this put some fire under Australia's drinking water, didn't it. They decided they might start running some tests and we all know how that went here in Sydney with two dams closed down due to the levels of pfas found in the water. Well, now we see the National Health and Medical Research Council has taken action today. This article by the Sydney Morning Herald reads new thresholds to be announced by the National Health and Medical Research Council on Monday will slash allowable levels of three different kinds of pea fasts, keep in mind as over fourteen thousand chemicals under the p FAS umbrella in tap water, and introduce limits for the first time on a fourth of these chemicals. So it's taken six months, but better late than never. Joe, And is this reassuring given we actually don't know the state of play right because there's no regulation in Australia to say that they have to test our water supply. I go to the vast majority in Australia.
Speaker 3: We're all at testing is by our own drinking water. This is literally the plot of Batman. This is this is what the joke, what the joker tried to do. Nor rash Gul. But I'll won't, I won't sweat on ceremony. Yes, I am reassured because this our thanks to your advocacy and thanks to the Australian government the National Health Medical Research Council acting on this, the number has been cut for one particular p fast chemical from one hundred and forty times the safe limit that the US has to just fifty times the safe limit.
Speaker 2: Yes that I was about to get there. And notably it's PFOA, which is one of the worst and has literally killed lab animals due to cancer, so they know that this is a norm carcynogen, and Australia is still just told, oh, don't worry, it's allowed fifty times the amount the US says is okay, but this one we're just going to let it go by the bye. Something else that's not reassuring at all about this kel is this article reads that this is just a proposal which is likely to force the cleanup of tap water, so we're a long way away from actually seeing any action here.
Speaker 1: Yes, can I say this has been very f about the prefast things for some time, and having listened to her today and then tried to read some chemistry, I'm now totally panic stricken because I think it's because they're not just in the drinking water. They're everywhere. They're in packaging, they're in carpets, they're in clothing. These particular thousands of chemicals in this particular chemical group are used because they repel water, they repel grease, they repel oil, and they repel heat. So they're really useful stuff to put in packaging and fabrics and that kind of thing, and they end up leading into the food we Actually there's one of them. It's one of the prefast things. I've got to read this to you because I can't remember it. It's called the polytetrafluo ethylene. That one what a name, but we know it as teflon and we cook on it. So I mean, I'm now really worried the modern world wants to kill me.
Speaker 3: But this is the thing, though, if and I know that there are legitimate questions about all sorts of things like you know, where the higher levels of augies were caused by over produced you know, the extra food.
Speaker 2: And well we are sicker than we've ever been, so we're walking into pefas and microplastics and all this kind.
Speaker 4: Of thing that dangerous.
Speaker 3: We all be dead or are we dead? And this is all just the afterlog and why is our.
Speaker 2: Age about quality of life?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: I think that's what this speaks to.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, I guess, like I guess, in the perfect world, everything you had would be super duper organic and super.
Speaker 4: Duper good for you and all perfect.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't need any processed food whatsoever, and we wouldn't have any plastics.
Speaker 2: This isn't even processed food. You can be eating food and they've sprayed it with pesticides. It's a crawling with pefas, so you genuinely can't win. And then if you cook in cooking implements like Kel was saying, if that's Teflon coded, guess what, You've just riddled your whole meal with pfas from Teflon. So it really does curl guy.
Speaker 1: And if you're not worried, show if you're not worried yet, I don't understand why.
Speaker 2: The moral of the story is the government's not trying to save you, so you might as well just up on the knowledge. Knowledge is power and get rid of as much pfas out of your own diet and life as you possibly can. Moving to New Zealand now where we've all been in this situation, you're dropping someone off at the airport and you can't pull in because everybody's on the curb side saying these tearful farewells hugging fifty people or however many they've got to say goodbye to well. New Zealand has come up with a very simple solution, a three minute limit on departure zones. Someone's finally done it. They are calling this a limited hug zone. And if you're one longer to say goodbye to your loved ones, they say, well, just park your car, you get fifteen minutes free. But the reaction to this kel has been really interesting because some people say, oh, this is actually very generous at airports around the world. Some of it is basically like you've got nowhere to drop them minutes, you just slow down and push them out of the car. And others are saying this is in du Maine. You can't do these people need to farewell, they're loved one.
Speaker 1: But there are people saying, you know, these New Zealand airport people are fascist. This is terrible, but no, they are on the money. I mean I've pulled it, You've pulled in there, and you know what happens. There's this there's a limited area in the drop off, kiss and ride area, and every single one of them is full, and Grandma can't get out of the car, and there are too many bags and they're there forever, and you just think, go go go. I've got to pull in. I've got people to get out, and the plane will leave soon so that we don't get into panicst Three minutes is actually a lot of time.
Speaker 4: Can I just once.
Speaker 3: I've pulled in anywhere I can get out of there in less than three minutes.
Speaker 2: That's what if you're saying goodbye to your nearest and dearest and you're not going to the.
Speaker 4: Band aid, you know, I make it quick. What are you doing at the hug the last three minutes? You can get pregnant from that?
Speaker 1: Three minutes is actually three minutes is a long time. That's what I've worked in radio for a long time, and you work out that something like three minutes, which sound short, it's actually a long time, like plenty of time to do that, plenty of time to do that. They worried.
Speaker 2: I think it's more than generous.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have a problem. I can think I can get out of the car with my writers in three minutes.
Speaker 3: If anyone is hugging you for more than three minutes.
Speaker 4: In the media industry, you need to consult HR.
Speaker 1: Because that is just actually, that's what happened to Channel exactly.
Speaker 4: That's right now. I'm with them all all the way.
Speaker 3: Another thing that I'm with all the way is the UK Labor Party because the Labor Party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Realize that the United Kingdom and the United States were actually the same country.
Speaker 4: That they are.
Speaker 3: Because the United Kingdom's Labor Party is sending nearly one hundred current and former staff to the US to campaign for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: The red coats.
Speaker 3: The red Coats are coming for the Blues in America.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: It's quite phenomen The head of operations at the Labor Party who says they've got one hundred Labor Party staff current format going to the US, heading to North Carolina and Nevada, Pennsylvania and Virginia. These are obviously all swing states. Pennsylvania is the one where you win that you win the whole lot.
Speaker 5: And they're going to be taking the fight to Donald Trump on housing and saying how much how am they're going to be In the meantime, we've got a slightly different approach taken by Elon Musk, who is simply going to offer a million dollars to I believe anyone who votes for Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no. You just rock up your vote, you get your millionaire. There's a little bit more choice.
Speaker 2: Musk has famously said that he is quote f if Trump loses. He says, if Trump loses, the only question is how long am I Elon Musk going to prison for? So he is totally backing in Trump, but he's putting his money where his mouth is. Making this extraordinary announcement at a rally in Pennsylvania over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 6: We're going to be awarding a million dollars to randomly to people who have signed the petition every day from now until the ele accident.
Speaker 2: And he kicked it off immediately in that same speech, announcing that day's winner, a guy by the name John Draya. Here he is the guy. I can't believe it.
Speaker 7: The first thing that happened, you know, I screamed him it was a million dollars, and I was pumping my popping my check in the air, you know, pupping my arms in the air. And I went up and actually meeting Elin, I kind of frog out with the money for a little bit, since he's such an influential figure, you know, for you guys my issue, who are working hard every day and you know it's important, it's really important to get out in coding.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the dams don't like this at all and have taken to social media to say, how is this not election interference? How is this legal? Something tells me Elon Musks. A legal team went over this with a fine tooth com before he made it. But how would you be gl going? Wait, I just signed a petition supporting the constitution, and I'm basically in a lottery to win a million dollars, winning every single day until the election.
Speaker 1: And I mean there's a block that walked into that meeting and walked away with the million dollars. Who wouldn't be complaining about that? Let me explain. They've got things in American Core PACs political action committee. See anyone could set one up. You need to register with the political mob in Washington. The one that Musk set up is called America PAC and they can collect money and they can either run campaigns or support a candidate or whatever, as long as they're registered. Now he's running a legitimate PAC, and his PAC's got this petition, so it's not actually vote for Trump. It signed the petition to support free speech and the right to bear arms. So that's that's what. Obviously, if you want to want the million dollars and you want to sign a free speech about bearing arms, you're not voting for Kamala Harris, So you're on the right time.
Speaker 4: The packs were set up in the first flight.
Speaker 3: The whole point of setting up the packs is because its side steps caps on campaign donations.
Speaker 4: Yes, so pack can spend everything at once.
Speaker 3: It's not actually telling people to vote for a particular candid or against particular Canadate. It just knows exactly who the people it's targeting are going to vote for if they do what.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I make their own commercials, so.
Speaker 4: Heats and heats of their own commasions.
Speaker 3: But I just want to know, just a quick straw pole on the panel, what do you reckon is more likely to get people to vote for their respective candidate A million dollars or some whiney pom going on about how oh I just got him from it just come in from brick lay and you.
Speaker 4: Want to vote.
Speaker 1: He might, but might be in trouble. It might be in trouble. He's not buying votes, because if he was doing that, that would clearly violate election laws. But he's running this in Pennsylvania, and it turns out in Pennsylvania you need a license to run a lottery. Now, if he's going to draw a name out each day of someone who signed a petition, that's a lottery. He doesn't have a license for a lottery. Now, if the dams could find away to start charging him over that, he could be in trouble.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's the same laws here as well, and it used to always be in you'll notice and you won't be able to not notice it if you watch any time everyway. But whenever anyone's giving something away or there's a chance to win something on a TV studio ten. We used to do it all the time. And if people, if we would have say it's a giveaway to give away, we're just going to sign the minute there was a hint that this would be something randomly selected a lottery. Suddenly you just ran into a whole bunch of regulation and red tape.
Speaker 4: You can't get up, that's right.
Speaker 3: So you can just say I'm going to give you a million bucks because I feel like it, or because you said in twenty five words or less, why it's.
Speaker 1: A competition million copetition.
Speaker 3: That's happily fine, and commercial radio statues do it all the time. The minute it's I know, we've got two different names and we're just going to close our eyes and pick one, suddenly you hit it.
Speaker 1: Had to be you had to do something to earn the money, which is why Groucho Marx famously, if you want to give away money, would say who's buried in grantch too? So answer the question and you got the money because that got him over that legal hurdle. Can I just go back to the bridge the people from England who are going to go a new campaign? But this is really weird. I mean, they were they the Democrats were really worried about foreign interference in their elections, from Russia, from China. How is this not foreign foreign interference?
Speaker 4: Come? I live just next door.
Speaker 2: I think perhaps the most entertaining part of this bizarre, bizarre move is the notion that Americans in swing states are going to listen to some toss from Britain as to what they should do about the housing crisis, who they should vote for. I don't know, but I seem to remember America for a pretty big war to make.
Speaker 3: The French coming over to help the.
Speaker 1: Start of a global shipping them in saying.
Speaker 4: But it's actually it's actually not uncommon at all.
Speaker 3: So like Australian volunteers and people from my party stuff will go over and volunteering drives. They do it with Obama and they do it and they do it as a training exercise.
Speaker 2: No, normally we don't normally advertise it though. That is what is the Labor Party.
Speaker 1: This is their head.
Speaker 4: That is that is the word. Yeah, I was looking for another head of operations.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm the head of secret operations for the UK Labor Party.
Speaker 4: Guess what we're doing in the collection.
Speaker 1: But it could be a pattern. If you've got Labor for for Karmela, which is what they've got, there could be Australia for for Trump. That could be Shamoa for Carmela, Japan for Trump, the Easter Island for.
Speaker 3: White women under five foot six who wear shoes for Kamela as well as you know black women are over five foot who liked it.
Speaker 1: There is actually a room of white men for karma now it actually exists, I mean black men for indeed.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure if the Dems can find a way to take elon master task over this, they will. We all know Kamala's DOJ the Department of Justice is suing both Alabama and Virginia for trying to clean up their electoral role and get illegals off that something that's simple. We've now got Texas and Florida also begging the FEDS to help them because they have the intel to prove certain people shouldn't be on their electoral roles. And are they getting any help from the Feds. No, they are not. But perhaps there is no better example of how differently these administrations will run and make policy. Then at two rallies over the weekend where someone called out Jesus's Lord at a Kamala Harris rally and someone called out Crisis King at a JD Vance rally, and their reactions were chalk and cheese. Look at how Kamala reacted to this fellow in the crowd simply calling out Jesus's Lord with the intention.
Speaker 8: That they would undo the protections.
Speaker 9: Of Roe v Wade, and they did as he intended.
Speaker 4: Oh, you guys are at the wrong rally.
Speaker 8: No, I think you meant to go to the smaller one down the street.
Speaker 2: Just mocking him. Those two young men then talk to Fox News sharing their experience of then being ushered out of the rally. They weren't even allowed to stay for simply stating Jesus is Lord. Now, you don't have to be a Christian, you don't have to be a Catholic. But where's the tolerance, where's the inclusion? Kamala and co? And let's not forget. Within hours of this, Kamala was rocking up at a church trying to play the Christian card. I mean the hypocrisy here. One minute, somebody gets booted out of your rally for yelling Jesus is Lord. And the next well, I'm at church, I'm frontline and center, I'm pressing, I'm photo off.
Speaker 3: He shouting out to be fair, though, the shouting out of Jesus Lord is like the let's go Brandon of the abortion debate in the US. So clearly when she's talking about you know, reproductive rights or whatever they call it, or you know, reforming, so.
Speaker 2: You think they should have been.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: But it's it's like their way. It's like their way of saying, no, screw you. That's anti Catholic, that's anti Christian, that's any religious what you should have said. But the mistake that Carmela made was to say, there's actually for someone who says Jesus is Lord of someone who even his pro life or whatever, there's no place for you in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 4: That is insane. By saying you are.
Speaker 3: Not welcome at this valley and literally physically removing them, she's saying there is no place for you in the Democratic Party. And that is of course a terribly terribly stupid and damaging thing to do.
Speaker 1: In America, particularly in America.
Speaker 3: And especially when you've got so many working class people, Irish Catholics, Italian Catholics, Roman Catholics who obviously are culturally or sort of Democratic leaning, but also have conservative social Jesus Lord, yes he is, but he's not running in this particular race.
Speaker 4: He's not on the ballots.
Speaker 1: But she didn't need to react at all. She heard that Jesus' Lord thing, and she decided she needed to react. And this is why she's such an appalling candidate. She's the worst candidate since Hillary Clinton, and we know what happened to her. So she's just a really she cannot very quickly, off the top of her head think of a clever way or an appropriate way, or a tactically good way to react. So she did this really stupid thing of going to the rally down the street. You don't belong in my rally. If you want to say Jesus, I mean as you say. America is a far more religious country than Australia. It is the vast majority of them are Baptists. They don't want to hear a candidate saying that she's done us off a lot of damage and then the idea that you can repair it by going to church tells you that Karmela may be Christian on a Tuesday, but not on a Wednesday. Or maybe she's Christian at three o'clock but not at four o'clock. And that's exactly the problem. She's this changeable, could be anything, chameleon. Don't know what she believes she is, candidate, and she's underlining that, yes, I'm really like that, I'm really this very uncertain person and you'll never know who I really am or what I really believe. This is her doing self damage. She's had a really bad week and at the end of the witch he's just making it worse. And JD. Vance then responded to it because it became quite a famous incident. So when Jada Vance was speaking at a rally, a bloke spoke up behind him and said, Jesus is King and Vance handled it extremely well. He handled it just like this.
Speaker 3: Anti Christian rhetoric and anti Christian approach to public policy.
Speaker 1: I don't think we've I don't think that we've that's right, Jesus is King, and I don't think that.
Speaker 4: We've seen.
Speaker 1: He is impressive, isn't he? Every time I see Jada Evans handling any situation, I think I understand why Trump chose you as vice president. And it was a brilliant pick. So he's looking good. Wills is looking worse with every time he opened his mouth. We should not be in the business of trying to pick outcomes of elections, because elections, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Because remember when JD. Vance was like the millstone around here Trump's neck, and he was now he's the liner, and it had come up with the weird line.
Speaker 4: I didn't genius, I like, am I crazy? Now is this thing?
Speaker 3: And now again I reckon, we should never, as Jared Henderson's very fond of saying, should never make predictions in politics, especially about the future.
Speaker 4: But I reckon, Donald Trump's going to win it.
Speaker 1: It's hard to see how he could lose. Now. Now, Paul murrayge was talking about all the statistics and how it's really hard to pick, and Paul said really sensible things. Well I'm not Paul. I'm not going to say sensible things. Crumb is going to win. Rowan Deane has been saying he will win a landslide for a long time and I thought, come on, Rowan, you may be my editor at the Spectator, but I'm not sure about this prediction. But now I've had an American statistical expert say much the same thing, and the betting market in America was saying that shame.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to jinx it because we've all got PTSD from twenty twenty. Okay, we've all still got PTSD. I'm not a betting person, but that day I was.
Speaker 1: A cross of it. I was terrible blessed to.
Speaker 2: Tail it on that will always chase your losses, never chase your losses.
Speaker 3: But I think so, and you can listen to it on my podcast The Real Story with Joe Hill Brown get it where we get the podcasts. But Australian political guru who's worked on pretty much every labor campaign federally New South Wales for about the last twenty twenty five years. He he has crunched arms and looked into it. He is convinced that Donald Trump is going to win. He has come out and publicly said it. And there are lots of different reasons for that. One is you still going to listen to the podcast even know I'm going to tell you. One is Trump is much much closer now than he was in twenty sixteen and twenty twenty and obviously the shy Trump voter hasn't gone anywhere. The other thing you looked at, and this is a really interesting one, is in the state of Pennsylvania, which we all know is a must win for either candidate, they unlike most other states, they do not give you paid leave or time off in lou on the Tuesday to go off and vote. So if you're a worker and you're going out to vote and of course, voting is voluntary. There you are taking a pay cut. You are actually losing money to go out and vote for your candidate. Now, which of the two candidates do you reckon has such a stronghold on their support base that they would actually sacrifice their paypack there to go out and vote for them. I'm pretty sure it's not Karmala Harris. And I've got and I've got a message from another former politician, very senior politician who's in the US, who says exactly that he's.
Speaker 4: In a very democratic state.
Speaker 3: He says, no one knows what Karmala Harris stands for. And we saw it with the Christian thing. She's mocking Christians one in it and then trying to suck up to them the next toge I.
Speaker 4: Called her in a piece today, she's a.
Speaker 3: Costume in search of a character. She has absolutely no substance. No one knows what her actual values are because they keep changing all the time. And again, say what you like about Donald Trump, love him or love them, is a known quantity of people know what he stands for. He's a better performer, he's funnier, he doesn't take himself so seriously and He's something you can actually cling on to.
Speaker 1: Can I say? There's a word that covers it, which is the feelings word. Because Karmela tried to run a feelings campaign, feel the joy and the longer it goes on, the less people feel anything good about her. But Trump, the feeling just gets a bit warmer as time goes on. I know you've seen this today, but this is terrific. This is Trump at McDonald's and he talks to normal people, and he's very relaxed, and he just seems like a normal person. This is just a normal human being running for president.
Speaker 7: For a job.
Speaker 1: And I've always wanted to work at McDonald I never did. I'm running against somebody that said she did, but it turned out to be a totally phony shor himself up.
Speaker 4: But that's a good looking group. Hello, everybody. I've had a lot of fun here, everybody, thank you of it.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, we believe him when he says I'm having a lot of fun. We believe him, don't we Because he actually looks like it. Doesn't he lose?
Speaker 2: And so was everyone coming through the drive through. Obviously, working in politics, you know that these people have been vetted before they're driving through the drive through. But how heartwarming is this exchange. This guy cannot believe his luck meeting Donald Trump in person.
Speaker 4: I like this. I think I might come back and do it again.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, mister president.
Speaker 4: You many parts of it, but hod many people like us to meet.
Speaker 8: I mean, I can see you.
Speaker 2: Now. Politicians always pull this stuff right. And most of the time I'm not a fan because it comes off as inauthentic and just a photo op, and everybody involved can feel it and can tell. But when Trump gives this a go, he's just so I'm here, I'm having a great time. It genuinely seems so natural. Everyone's delighted to see him, and it actually gets amazing track.
Speaker 4: He is just such a good showman.
Speaker 3: And again, this is what the new American elite left simply does not understand. Trump is entertaining, he's funny, he's fun to watch. When he does something, people want to know about it, and he can hand it.
Speaker 4: I mean, imagine, God help us, imagine.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: It would be so cringe seeing her do the exact same thing. And you watch Trump and you're like, that's that's right.
Speaker 3: And also, and again, of course he's skewing her for and it's just such an amazing.
Speaker 4: Bit of you know, real world trolling.
Speaker 3: He's scuring her for her claim that she worked in McDonald's, which is just flat out set is a lie. And and and yet still even when he's on the customer betting him, even when you know it's clear that Karmela's you know, dei pick qualities weren't enough to make up for her manifest inadequacies, both in terms of core values and intellect and being able to articulate her actual policies, they still just don't get it. So have a look at the reaction on MSNBC after Trump's McDonald's Skit has just gone around the world, and everyone like Republican you know right left alone, are just laughing at their asses. Look at what MSNBC has to say about. They're just so confused.
Speaker 9: What is the logic behind this going to a McDonald's. I mean, we know the guy likes Big Max and flair Fish, and he's used the word love to describe the way he feels about the food there before.
Speaker 1: But what's this about.
Speaker 9: There's no logic to it.
Speaker 4: It's a stunt.
Speaker 8: He has not put forth an economic agenda. He, as you know is, appears to be not well and he's engaged in some really bizarre types of activities during this campaign.
Speaker 4: Like it's just scrambling their brains. What is he doing there? There's no logic to it, right, well, just.
Speaker 2: Mixing with everything.
Speaker 1: It's just like you.
Speaker 4: Fell for.
Speaker 1: It's an election campaign. An election campaigns have stunts, and the whole feeling of it was lovely. There was a moment which we haven't seen in which Trump is getting really excited about the tin thing that they used to scoop up the fries because you said you don't have to touch them with your hands. He's a germophobe. Everyone knows he's a germophobe, and he was really excited about this thing that we think he considered that fries without touching them with his head.
Speaker 3: Even the fact that he understands the mechanics of McDonald's, like if you look at that MSN and again, if you want to know everything that's wrong with the new Left, if you like and again, I'm someone who's trying to get it more in touch with the people that used to claim to represent. But just that sneering, disdain that the hosts of MSNBC, who are the epitomy of the sort of elite East Coast left, have for McDonald's, the food at McDonald's. People who eat at McDonald's like the implication that, you know, he's.
Speaker 1: Just so low brow.
Speaker 4: They think he's just going there to eat.
Speaker 3: I mean, the irony is that they're sneering at him for being so low brow and stupid and mentally. And that's what people love about it is they are clearly so incredibly stupid they cannot figure out that they are being one hundred percent played by him.
Speaker 4: But again, that is everything.
Speaker 3: You need to know about exactly what is wrong with the allegius left that actually openly hates the values and the past times and the jobs of working class.
Speaker 1: That's the point I was making about the feeling thing I think Americans look at at Trump and Vance, and their feeling is I could if this man was the president, if this man was the vice president, I'd feel Okay, this is someone who looks like, well, he's been a president, he's done it for four years. He knows that. This is a man who looks a bit statesman like, he's older and he's just normal and he's sensible, Whereas I think they look at Carmela and they think of her behind the resolute desk in the Oval office, and they can't see it, they can't feel that that's right. So I think the feeling thing, the vibe thing that Krmala tried to use to wash away in with no policies. He's acting against her because the vibe and the feeling is with Trump, a vance, young vance. People in now saying well, if Trump has a heart attack, this bloke's okay, it can take over.
Speaker 2: We're not too worried. Of course, Trump did take a break from serving machs to drive through people, but he could not pass up the opportunity to talk to the press and put the dagger in Kamala because, as he has long told everyone, he doesn't believe for a second, But Kamala ever worked at macis.
Speaker 4: Brother? You actually have work in McDonald's now now I have worked.
Speaker 7: I now worked for fifteen minutes worth?
Speaker 4: Come up? Are you gonna put then?
Speaker 7: Ever worked here?
Speaker 2: You gotta love him, This is my People love him. He's so authentic. He doesn't try to pussy foot around what he's trying to say. He's just the sledgehammer that says exactly what he's thinking. Last, but not least today, Senator Lydia Thorpe made such a scene. Unless you're living under a rock, you've probably already seen this, but in case you haven't, as you know, the King and Queen are currently in Australia and who interrupted a reception for the royals today but none other than the woman who's got to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral, and the baby at every baby dedication.
Speaker 4: Here she is.
Speaker 9: Kind of start against our people, get not our land back, give us by this style from us, our bones, our scar, our baby, the people we want to training in this country.
Speaker 2: What on earth did she think that she was going to get out of this?
Speaker 1: Do you think she is? She's what the King's.
Speaker 2: Going to just be like, Actually, you know what you've got to point he take everything back? Everybody else clear out. I mean utter nonsense.
Speaker 1: I've tried to work out where you go ahead with this and how you deal with a problem, Mike Lydia Thorpe. In nineteen twenty a bloke named Hugh Mahn was the member for Calgoli. He insulted the British royal family, and he was expelled from the House of Representatives and his seat was declared vacant. It's been done. I can't see any reason why the Senate cannot vote to expel her from the Senate and declare her seat to be vacant. Wouldn't it be nice if they did that.
Speaker 2: Indeed, we've got to go to a break now, but stick around. Right after the break, we'll be discussing those politicians in the papers who have screwed over our steel manufacturers in Victoria.
Speaker 4: That soon.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. We're bringing you tomorrow's news tonight with the front pages. Are they major newspaper in the nation, kel, You've got the Herald Sun there.
Speaker 1: Yes, So let's begin in Melbourne. Let's begin with the Herald Son. They've got two stories on the front page, both of which are about the state government are falling up with big business and hitting big business badly. The main headline says the Big Steel and it's about the fact that Victorian manufacturers say they will have to cut jobs after being betrayed by duplicitous politicians who are allowing steel for mega projects to be shipped from China. Local steel fabricators say they were promised a lucrative pipeline worth hundreds of millions of dollars from the big build only to see orders disappearing overseas. If this is really the case, the Victorian government did promise it to local steel producers and then let them down, and when to take steel from China. It's bad on every front. I mean, it's bad from the development of the state and the fact that the Victoria's economy is not looking absolutely fabulous at the moment. It's also really bad because these are meant to be the people who are the big climate change panic merchants, and who is pumping most of the carbon dioxide into the global atmosphere, China, And how are they doing it? Making steel? So let's buy their steel.
Speaker 4: So I think the cheapest steel is.
Speaker 3: Also less about I did not know this, but there's different types of steel steel, and steel is steel steel, but there's cheaper steel which is ractually not as good, and so there's potentially you know, I don't think buildings are going to fall over or whatever, but I know, but first.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen is already But even if it's a good quality steel, it will still cost less, and the locals can produce it because it's paid made by people who are being paid a pittance or else slave labor, wigas or something or other. So the Chinese are going to be able to undersell us. And I understand the Victorian government's got a big debt, a rather large debt, so they might want to buy the cheap steel, but at some point they've got to think about their economy and their manufacturers and the promises they made, which they don't seem prepared to do. The other big story on the front page is called slug for Developers. Developers are set to be slugged millions in new charges amid an overhaul of the state's infrastructure scheme. There is a scheme where when a new house development is open, then the people are going to make a lot of money out of it. They have to buy a percentage to the government and that money is used to put in infrastructure. They're getting very worried that it's not going to be done properly. They're seeking a guarantee that the money raised we'll actually go into infrastructure, and they're worried that every developer, big and small, will end up being slugged this sort of money. It really is as though the Victorian government is sitting there saying, who don't we like I know, we don't like people in business, can we?
Speaker 2: It so bizarre because we are in the middle of a housing crisis. We need these developers. We want to make life as easy for them as possible. The government can't do their job. They need developers. Why would you keep making life harder for them? It's just unconscionable. And now they're floating a new working group to partner with the government to make some sense out of this because the industry and the government have been unable to agree on a model, therefore unable to move forward and get these developments off the ground. How much more tax fan money is going into this new model and the work and more consultant.
Speaker 4: So you do need to have a level so that's good.
Speaker 3: You do need to have an infrastructure levy because what was happening beforehand and New Soap I's got the same thing as well, is that all these developers were coming in building all this housing and then suddenly there weren't enough schools to take care of it. There weren't enough parks and playgrounds, in the areas for all these young families who were the city plan and the roads that need to get people in and out, you know, so there were some new developments where it was just instant car park, instant gridlock because the infrastructure wasn't there. So the whole idea of this is that taxpayers, you know, developers, make a motter out of all of these houses and then just go thank you very much for walk away, and the government has to pay for all the stuff that makes those houses viable, enables people to literally get to and from them. But the problem is, of course, is that Victoria is now making it even more onerous.
Speaker 4: It would seem to.
Speaker 3: Build developers as part of a sort of cash grab because they are just so broke right in the middle of a house crisis where every other jurisdiction is desperately trying to just cut anything resembling red tape to get houses.
Speaker 2: But what you've just described is the process for when you want to develop. I'm a developer and I go to the state or local government sometimes both, and I say, this is my development. That is all the stuff, all the boxes that they tick before they approve it. So all of that is already built into the current processes. I simply don't see the needs.
Speaker 3: So that velvets say, okay, so how much can you build your houseful it say that just pull it out of there. We can build each house for two hundred thousand dollars. And the government says yes, but for each ten houses that you build, you need to have a park on the corner, and you need to have blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It's cash. They're actually asking for a cash, Libby, and that's wrong. Really, that's it. It won't end up being spent on schools and whatever. It will end up. Oh, just dribbling back.
Speaker 3: We want to make sure that the money we're paying for this local infrastructure is actually going on that and you're not just using it to.
Speaker 4: Pay for I don't know, the Commonwealth games, Joe.
Speaker 1: We've had enough of Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Let's head not to the beautiful.
Speaker 3: This is the only story I care about, and it's just whatever the hell is going on with the mayor of Townsville.
Speaker 4: This story.
Speaker 3: With absolutely everybody is at war with his own counsel, the zo whatever. He just won't leave for some reason. Everyone's trying to get rid of him. No one seems to be able to manage it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so.
Speaker 3: The Townsville bought in great paper. It doesn't know. It just sort of doesn't know what to do with this story anymore. This guy's is not going anywhere. All it knows is that they have to put him on the front page every single time, and they print the newspaper his photo that inset is on the front page every single day. Come hell of high water until this bloke guys, and this time the story they've built around it is and this is quite amazing with Townsville's mayor, the reverse kicker says, with Townsville mayor's midnight deadline now passed to prove why he should stay.
Speaker 4: At the top job. Right, so there's another deadlight has passed.
Speaker 3: Nothing's happened. It's up to our likely new premiere, David Christa Fooley.
Speaker 4: It's your move, says they head problem. So how is this for? I think?
Speaker 3: Stephen Miles has questioned whether David Christa Fooley will follow through on discipline reaction towards Townsville Mayor Troy Thompson if the LNP are elected this weekend, hinting that the city's embattled leader could be out the door before Saturday. So Stephn Miles's question whether David Christa Fooley will follow through on disciplined reaction towards the mayor Troy Thompson if he says or elected this week, hinting that the city's in battled leader could be out the door before Saturday.
Speaker 1: So on Saturday, no coming.
Speaker 2: While Joe gets his blood pressure under wraps, let's go to the Australian quickly. Job losses marked by economy. More than ninety thousand jobs have been shared in hospitality over the past year, twenty six thousand lost in wholesale trades and six thousand in manufacturings, but taxpayer funded quote care economy end quote roles have masked the losses, driving a three hundred and seventy five thousand jump in jobs being created Across the last financial year. There were one hundred and seventy one thousand jobs filled in health and social assistance, sixty three thousand in public administration, and forty seven thousand in education and training. So this article goes on to say that approximately two thirds of the jobs created under the Albanese government a public sector. They're public sector, so they're making jobs and just being like that there's no jobs lost. Look, we're actually doing quite well. There's tens of thousands. You inspire me every day, Joe. Meanwhile, there's ten of thousands of jobs missing out of hospitality, out of manufacturing and other sectors, and they're just masking it with like, oh, don't worry, we the government keep on employing people. So unemployment is down and everything's hunky doing to see here it is so deceitful.
Speaker 1: Well, what they're saying is we found these people are prepared to pay. Are the people who are going to pay for these new workers in our jobs? Are you? That's what your taxes are for so that we can have good unemployment.
Speaker 3: While obviously the admin of bureaucrats is pretty nauseating, but most of these jobs are age care workers.
Speaker 4: They are not bureaucrats.
Speaker 3: They are people in the frontline care for and that was the result of the Royal Commission, which we all wanted them all want to see that things. And nurses as well. There's another suite, so they are mostly proper people on the frontline doing that stuff. But what they're saying is private this they have to do it right, but it is it is true that the private economy is struggling at the same time.
Speaker 2: I hope labor pay you handsomely Joe for your loyalty. We'll be back right after the break to learn about the Irish government telling all the expats here come back, will make it worth you. While it's not going as they planned, welcome back well. The Irish government is desperately trying to lure back Irish expats enjoying the sun, sand and beaches of Australia because they too have a massive housing crisis in Ireland and are trying to get up their supply by twenty thirty. So they've released this multi billion dollar government plan to address their housing crisis, counting on these expats loyalty to the Motherland to come home, and it's met with nothing but backlash, with all the Irish here being like mate, we are not leaving God's country for the miserable weather and working conditions in Ireland. Listening to, rather reading the responses by the Irish writing on social media to their own government has been absolutely hilarious. This is part of their campaign. You're built Sydney, now come and build back home.
Speaker 4: No one's interested, to be.
Speaker 3: Fair, they only built Sydney because they were in chains on convicts, on Irish Catholics.
Speaker 4: So that's my background. And this government does not know its own people.
Speaker 3: You can't even get an Irishman to come home from the pub the alone come home from Australia like they are not once they're found they are just they're not going anyway.
Speaker 4: They don't even leave Bondi these days.
Speaker 1: And they haven't finished building Sydney anyway, so they can't leave yet. But you nailed it, Liz, because what they're what they're really saying is you're living in this beautiful city on the harbor, come home to a cold, wet, miserable place with long nights and short days and do this. No, of course they're not going to go not working.
Speaker 2: Before we leave you tonight, just quickly. One Kamala Harris supporter has found to eat dog food until Kamala Harris is in the White House as president. I hope she has a lot of supplies.
Speaker 8: This is the.
Speaker 2: Collective I Q of DEM voters. I am so.
Speaker 4: Alarmed think this is healthy one.
Speaker 2: The dogs faces as well.
Speaker 1: She's won the cane iron vote, hasn't she. But I think what she's doing is dangerous because the one thing you always do, if you have I'm a dog person, is you never take a dog's food.
Speaker 2: If they're ever going to turn nasty, it's gonna be. Then that's a wrap from us. Thanks for your company. Tonight, stay tuned for the reader Panicking Show