Speaker 1: Live on Skyn's Australia.
Speaker 2: This is to Nika de Georgio, Hello and welcome to the program coming up tonight. An innocent woman ambushed and stabbed in broad daylight in the middle of Melbourne's CBD, Yet Victorian Premier Justin to Alan insists the city is safe. Who does she think she's kidding? Two years on from the Voice referendum and labor governments across the country are still trying to divide us by the color of our skin. The Liberal Senator Justinta nampajin for price will join me shortly, and military chiefs have begun high level talks about potential Australian involvement in guars of peacekeeping operations. But first tonight, three days ago, Victorian Premier Justin to Allan declared Melbourne's CBD safe.
Speaker 3: The CBD of Melbourne is safe, and I wish to reiterate that the Melbourne CBD is safe.
Speaker 2: Well, Justin to Alan should clip that up and make it part of her campaign material because it's such a wonderful selling point for the city, isn't it. But the only people it serves to benefit are criminals. The very words the CBD is safe is a criminal's paradise in a city where crime is out of control. Now, I don't know what the premier's version of safe looks like, because have a look at the video I'm about to show you and ask yourself, does this look safe to you? The confronting vision you're about to see shows an innocent woman being ambushed and stabbed in broad daylight in the middle of the CBD.
Speaker 4: Stalking her target from behind, the attacker pulled a long knife from her pocket, then plunged it into a random victim's chest. Thirty six year old Wine Lay left stunned and bleeding on Little Burke Street. Her sister says it was unprovoked.
Speaker 5: Suddenly phil someone touch her len very hurting.
Speaker 4: Miss Leigh had been walking to work as a sushi chef at seven thirty five am, unaware she was being followed.
Speaker 2: Horrific thirty six year old Wan Lee was stabbed in the middle of the CBD on her way to work at seven thirty five in the morning on October two. She was left with a punctured lung and spent three days in hospital. In fact, the knife just missed piercing her heart, and yesterday she moved out of her apartment as she is too scared to live there. But hang on a minute, what did you center Allan tell us.
Speaker 3: Again the CBD of Melbourne is safe, and I wish to reiterate that the Melbourne CBD is safe.
Speaker 2: No, nothing at all, nothing to see here, And here is what we know about the alleged defender.
Speaker 4: CCTV captured the attacker running off down Spencer Street with her blade still out. Police say she was on bail for other offenses at the time.
Speaker 2: So she was out on This is what Jacinta Allen's so called toughest bail laws in the country looks like. And putting this case aside for the moment, this is a government so captured by ideology it avoids locking people up rather bailing them, and the public is paying the price. Police are clearly stretched to the max with youth crime out of control and weekly protests and it's now just an all in. It's another day in Melbourne, isn't it? Peppered with a daily stabbing or two, several carjackings and home invasions. And of course these alleged tough bail laws may as well be rendered useless. They only work if the justice system obliges. These crims are laughing at us in a city deemed safe.
Speaker 3: The CBD of Melbourne is safe, and I wish to reiterate that the Melbourne CBD is safe.
Speaker 2: Now. Look what makes this even more offensive is the premier's response to the stabbing today.
Speaker 6: This alleged to Bendel was on mail have your top of oil laws Dale?
Speaker 3: Well, this act of shocking, brazen violence that we've seen on Little Burke Street in Melbourne's CBD is just absolutely sickening. It's sickening, and my thoughts and support go to the victim and her wider family who are also supporting her what is no doubt an incredibly difficult and traumatic time.
Speaker 2: Yes, thoughts and prayers again and offering up support that'll do it for a young woman who's now been left traumatized and is too scared to leave her own home because in the CBD that the premier declared safe is not actually safe. And this premier speaks as if it's just another run of the mill incident, and that's exactly the issue to her. It's another incident for her, It's another incident where she just offers up support for Melbournians. It's another worrying day of out of control crime because there is there's no support.
Speaker 3: She then went on, I want to thank Victoria Police for moving swiftly, for moving swiftly, for apprehending this individual. This individual is now on remand in jail awaiting a court date, and I thank Victoria Police for that swift work in responding to this just sickening crime.
Speaker 2: So thank you police, Well done, bravo. And well that's it. She moves on like nothing ever happened. Thanks police, you did it again. You saved just into Allan's backside again. So let's ask this again. Melbourne CBD must be safe?
Speaker 7: Right, is Melbourne CBD sad?
Speaker 3: So this was a brazen, shocking act. It was a shocking, brazen act of violence that has no place on any street in any town. And that is why I'm thanking Victoria Police for their very very quick response and that this individual is now in jail, on remand waiting for their next court appearance.
Speaker 2: So let me get this right. Three days ago it was safe. Today Justina Allan couldn't even say because she's got nothing to say. And you know what, let me just give you a quick summary of everything she said today.
Speaker 3: Shocking, brazen violence, absolutely sickening. It's sickening, raisen, shocking act. It was a shocking, brazen act of violence. The shocking act of violence. It was brazen, it was an extreme active violence.
Speaker 2: That is just sickening, terrible, shocking, sickening and act of violence. We know that, we know that. But that was her playbook today, her labor lines written out in advance, committed to memory, to sell to the public, and we all know it's now a sick joke. Justina Alan does not have the willpower to get on top of this. Enough is enough. Her disaster is playing out in front of our very eyes. Last night there was a stabbing attack in reservoir. A man has been left with life threatening injuries. Three days ago, a man allegedly pointed a gun at police as he ran from offices in Melbourne, CBD in the middle of the day. He was on bail allegedly for stealing a car. Day in, day out, it's one machete attack after another. Kids are slashing each other in violent machete brawls. Shopping centers have become the new fight clubs. Kids have been killed, warring youth gangs, home invasions, carjackings. I could go on and on, because it never ends. Victoria is in the middle of record breaking crime. In twenty twenty four, in New South Wales there were twenty seven thousand burglaries, fourteen eight hundred and ninety nine stolen vehicles, and just over twenty eight thousand fests from shops. Do you compare that with Victoria forty eight thousand burglaries, almost twenty nine thousand stolen vehicles and just under thirty nine thousand thefts from shops, and bear in mind the population of New South Wales is twenty percent larger. John Roscom writes in the Australian Financial Review Today that this crime crisis was all Daniel Andrew's doing and it started during the pandemic. He says, young Victorians were locked in their homes for months on end, without school, without work, and without support. It should be no surprise that a small minority of young people are treating Victorians with the same sort of contempt that a few years ago Victorians treated them. It was so easy to see this coming and Jacinta Allen's magic carpetride solution is a machete amnesty bin and if it wasn't so serious, you'd actually laugh at the very prospect. And all I can put it down to is this, This comes up Jacinta Allan's tough on crime approach.
Speaker 3: The CBD of Melbourne is safe, and I wish to reiterate that the Melbourne CBD is safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her tough on crime approach is a marshmallow. She's not up to this, she's not got the courage to get on top of this, and its innocent civilians paying the price daily. Well, what does it mean to be Australian under labor? Now? When I think of what it means to be an Aussie, I think of pride in this country, pride in our flag. I think of the values the ANZACs instilled, like madship, courage and bravery. But that is all redundant under labor, which continues to make a complete mockery of this country and a mockery of everyday Aussies through the people it keeps bringing. In. Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke has announced that as many as seven hundred Garzens could soon call Australia home.
Speaker 8: The people who we have on our caseload, there's roughly six to seven hundred of them, well, roughly six to seven hundred on our caseload. Sometimes we had peaceful on our caseload where we don't know if they're still alive, but we've got roughly six to seven hundred on our caseload.
Speaker 2: Look, this is an utter insult to every day Laura abiding peaceful Aussies. Last year they let in under two thousand gardens with little to no security checks. Tony Burke even did a private meet and greet at Sydney Airport with one family when Gardens touched down a few weeks ago. In fact, he spoke of the delight in welcoming them in just yesterday.
Speaker 8: That mother and daughter had spent eighteen months hiding in a church in Gaza before I had the portfolio. Just by chance, someone had handed me a phone and I'd found myself having a video conversation with them while they were hiding. I was really pleased to be a minister in the sort of country where I could meet them the airport and I could say you're welcome here, You're safe.
Speaker 2: Garza's neighbors, including Egypt and Jordan, have refused to take refugees despite the two year Israel Humas War, but Australia under Labor has the welcome matte unfilled. And don't forget the majority of Gazans support HUMAS and supported the October seven, twenty twenty three attack on Israel. And what Tony Burke is just so sure that those he's let in don't support Humas. I mean, we already have a rampant anti Semitism problem in this country and the minister wants to bring in more refugees, some of whom may be sympathetic to Humas. Really not to mention Isis brides have been welcomed in with open arms. We have a mass migration problem as it is, what is this Australia and what does it mean to be Australian under labor anymore? Because I think Australia is a soup bowl of dangerous ideology which has been imported and throw that into a big Australia policy which has seen some people come here whose values are entirely incompatible with our own, and Labour calls of multiculturalism and keeps the door open. And look, federal labor is not immune. The Daily Telegraph revealed today that tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars have been thrown at a Sydney Islamic group with Hesbela ties and whose leader publicly vowed the annihilation of Israel. That is, South Wales government granted the Araham Benevolent Society thirty three thousand dollars in social cohesion and security payments. It comes eight months after the society's mosque and Sydney held a commemoration ceremony for three killed Hesbela fighters. And don't forget that Hesbela is a listed terror group in Australia. When will our interests as Australians be put first? Because labor is a threat to our social cohesion And I've said this before and I'll say it again. I do not think we have control over the culture where trying to create anymore. The horse has bolted and what a shame. Labor does not know what it means to be Australian. Let's go straight to the Shadow Attorney General, Andrew Wallace. Now, good to see you again, Andrew, thanks for joining me. I want to start with this stabbing in broad daylight in Melbourne. I'll show the clip once more and a warning it is distressing. Now you were in the city this week with Susan Lee talking about crime there jacent to. Allen has again shot down calls for Jack's Law, which is legislation in place in your home state of Queensland as well in New South Wales. It allows police to use handheld metal detectors. What message does this send to citizens of her state?
Speaker 5: Well, Donica, thanks for having me on. I mean that footage is just absolutely sickening. I'm sure that Australians across the country are very upset just to see that. I want to extend my best wishes to the young lady and her family. It is utterly unacceptable where we have a situation where Australians and visitors cannot simply walk down a street in a capital city in broad daylight and not be assaulted. It's just unfathomable that Melbourne has got to this stage. The Melbourne crime rates have increased by eighteen percent over the last twelve months. Eighteen percent just in the last twelve months, Danika, there've been nine thousand additional offenses against the person from compared to last year. That's things like rape, assault, murder, the sort of violent physical offenses. An additional nine thousand from the figures of last year. It is utterly inconceivable that this is acceptable to Australians. They're getting angry and what I'm hearing from people on the street is that it is that the crime is becoming the number one hot issue for Victorian's.
Speaker 2: Oh look absolutely, and you know the Premier had the goal to say that the CBD is safe. How much more evidence do you need that there is clearly a serious issue. You know, it's just unbelievable. Now I'll ask you what do you make of the comments by Nationals leader David little Proud saying that he would welcome any Liberals defecting to the junior party. There were reports in The Australian this week that a Liberal MP has maybe tossed up the idea that if seven of his colleagues defected to the Nationals, the balance of power within the coalition would be flipped. The differences between Moderates and Conservatives are reconcilable, particularly on energy andrew to the point where there may be defectors to the Nats.
Speaker 5: Well, Denika, I'm now in the role of the Shadow Attorney General and I can tell you now that I am absolutely fixed on ensuring that we toughen our laws in Australia. I want to back police and I want to return safety and security to Australians. That's what I'm focused on everyday. Australians aren't concerned with who's talking to who, who's saying what to who.
Speaker 1: They just want us to get on with our jobs.
Speaker 5: And that's exactly what I'll be doing, and I'll be encouraging all my colleagues to do exactly what's saying.
Speaker 2: I do agree. I think that the parties spent enough time talking about themselves, But I mean is they're a genuine prospect of defectors.
Speaker 5: Look, it hasn't worked well for others in the past, so I don't think it will work well for others and if they.
Speaker 1: Tried it in the future.
Speaker 5: But I'm certainly not hearing any whispers along those lines. So I'm just concentrating on my job as a Shadow Attorney General to make people more secure and more safe in this country.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, the big meetings coming up next week in the US. Anthony Aarbeneasy to meet Donald Trump. We've been waiting for this for a while. What sort of a reception do you think he's going to receive?
Speaker 5: Well, we want this to be a success full outcome. This is a team Australian moment. When the Prime Minister of Australia meets with a foreign leader, we want a successful outcome for the Australian people. I know that Susan Lee has written to the Prime Minister and set out various markers as to what she'd like to see out of the meeting, not the least of which is the most important military alliance that we've ever been involved in, and that is that military agreement, and that is AUCUS. Aucust remains under somewhat of a cloud at the moment, and we need to assure ensure that as a result of this meeting with the President, that the Prime Minister walks away with a solid commitment from him that the United States will continue with AUCUS.
Speaker 1: We also need to see a commitment to reduction of tariffs as well.
Speaker 5: The trade agreement between Australia and the United States important for Australians, and Australians just want to see their Prime minister and they'd be happy to see him.
Speaker 1: Have a meeting with the Prime Minister.
Speaker 5: That's taken a long time, and just like every.
Speaker 1: Other Australian, we want to see the Prime Minister succeed.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see what happens next week, but I look forward to hearing the outcome. We're almost out of time, but just very quickly want to ask you about a very important story. Child sex offenders could get a mandatory minimum of five years in jail. This is under a bill being backed by the opposition. I'm surprised it's actually not in place from the start, to be honest, Andrew, but tell us more about it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Last sitting week, Julian Lisa, who was the former Shadow Attorney General, moved an urgent bill to be debated which would increase penalties for people involved in Commonwealth child sex offenses offenses. This arose out of a case in Victoria where an individual had sexually assaulted his five year old daughter on nineteen occasions, and to make matters worse, he made seventy seven images digital images, both videos and still shots and then transmitted.
Speaker 1: Datas over the internet.
Speaker 5: And for the physical offense and the Commonwealth offenses he got two and a half years in prison, six months of which were for the Commonwealth offenses. Now those Commonwealth offenses alone carry a maximum term of fifteen years imprisonment.
Speaker 1: So Julian and Lisa moved a bill that would see those sort.
Speaker 5: Of Commonwealth offenses have a mandatory minimum sentence of five years for a first offense or six years for a subsequent offense. Unfortunately, Labor didn't support that, debating that bill and said, well, no, you can wait till Parliament resumes. Look, I'm really struggling with this. Two hundred and twenty six children a day are reported to the ACE ye and shocking.
Speaker 1: We've got to do better.
Speaker 2: I completely agree. Look, I'm just shocked that this is not something that's in place from the very beginning. It should be a It's so basic, really, Andrew Wallace, we've got to leave it there. Nice to see as always, thank you so much for joining me. Well. Look, a company overseeing China's controversial Belt and Road initiative has been engaged to work on Australia net zero projects. News Corp is today reporting the developers of two battery farms have outsourced work to the China Energy Engineering Corporation, which is owned and under the direct supervision of the Chinese Communist Party. Now one of the batteries has been handed priority status by the Albanezi government Jody. Now for more on this is Adam Morrison, the Energy program director at the Center for Independent Studies. Aiden, we now know why Albo loves spending so much time in China. The majority of our solar panels already, they're made in China. Now we've got these reports that battery farms are being overseen by the sea. How worried should we be about where our taxpayer money is going into these schemes.
Speaker 9: Look, I think we have every right to ask some questions here. It's up to Albert where he chooses to take his holidays. I suppose if China's a nice destination, all well and good. But these batteries are actually expected to play a really crucial role in our energy system. In particular, batteries and some advanced inverters that are still being developed are supposed to help with a thing called a black start capability, which means if there's a blackout, how do you get the grid up and running. And this is previously relatively simple when coal and gas plants were able to use their huge inertia of their spinning machines. But now under the wind and solar plan, we need other systems and the batteries are going to be relied on for that, and one of these Australian companies has been particularly active in trying to engage in the processes to set the standards for this black start restart capability. And so I think when it comes to being able to switch the lights back on in a critical emergency where there's a blackout, this is very important for Australians literally being able to turn the lights back on. And so you'd think there would have to be some reasonable scrutiny about the degree of trust that we have in the companies that are providing what is truly critical infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Well, you'd absolutely hope. So I just think it's a really frightening to be honest. Now, Look, there's been another blow to the renewable energy magic carpet ride. The two gigawa Kent offshore wind project on Victoria's Gippsland Coast has been dumped as global energy companies continue to quit our market. Aiden how critical was this project in terms of the state's renewables transition.
Speaker 9: Look, the Victorian government is the only one that has actually put in a special government policy target for an amount offshore wind and they expect to have nine gigawats in place by twenty forty. There's no other state that has actually had a state target mandating a certain amount of offshore wind. So two gigawa's out of that nine is a pretty significant chunk overall. But I'd also like to point out that the original plan, the premise for why Victoria one and to actually start an offshore wind policy one of the original policy papers, and that said that if they relied on onshore resources that require something like seventy percent of Victorian agricultural land to be taken up by wind and solar. So if they're not going to put it offshore, that will increase the amount of pressure that goes to onshore wind and solar. And as you can see every day, the landowners in many of these regions are extremely upset about the industrialization of the landscape that's going on there, with all the towers required for solar panels, batteries, and the transmission lines and turbines. So I think it is a big blow, but inevitable because offshore wind around the world is being canceled. The economics simply do not stack up.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't, yet we're persisting here but you're right. I mean it's prime pristine land that has been cut up. Not that you hear that from labor or the Greens or you know, the environmentalists. You don't hear that as they push forward with this renewables fantasy. And I want to ask you, what do you make of these reports from the Gratin Institute that Australian household energy bills are set to have by twenty fifty. The report claims it leaves policy room labor to cut emissions in the electricity sector without hurting households. I did laugh, aid, And when I read this, the report says that these savings come because most households in twenty fifty will have solar panels, a battery in the shed, and an electric car in the garage and all electric appliances in the home. How could they be so sure?
Speaker 9: Look, that's exactly right. So look to give Graton some credit. They don't project that power prices will actually fall, all right, so they suggest they'll remain flat, which I take issue with for a whole bunch of other assumptions, but you've nailed that particularly key assumption. It's one of these huge what if hopeful assumptions that premise all these optimistic reports, and that is that basically they've chosen to focus on the total energy bill, including your car's petrol, and then say, well, that might go down if you get electricity for your car instead through an electric vehicle, and you charge that from the sun at the right kind of time with the grid that supports it, and you've got to be home battery as well to back all that up. So it really relies a whole string of assumptions that I think year by year we just see how fanciful these kinds of things are. There are other assumptions inherent in that report as well that assume that green hydrogen will still make up a significant part of Australia's energy transition, which I think is another really poor assumption. So, but the big one is is that their claim that household bills will go down is really only possible to make because your household expenditure on all these big capital systems, which will cost you thousands per year to pay off things like a new car or two, a new battery or two because they need to be replaced every ten or fifteen years. That will make your overall energy costs a lot lot higher, and they've really been able to sort of squirm their way into sort of focusing on just a narrow part of your cost stack on bills to make that claim. So quite disappointing in my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agree, Aiden. We have to leave it there. Nice to see you. Thanks very much for joining me on the show this evening. We're coming up after the break. Military chiefs have begun high level talks about potential Australian involvement in Gaza peacekeeping operations. That are more with my panel. Next welcome back. Joining me is New South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahalik and former New South Wales Police bitister David Elliott hid to both of you, thanks so much for joining me. Now I want to start with this story that military chiefs have begun high level talks about potential Australian involvement in Gaza peacekeeping operations. Should Anthony Albernezi call on the military to provide air, Navy, army or tactical support for peace, of course, which was broken this week by Donald Trump. Now, David, I know that you were once a peacekeeper, a young army officer. Do you think that we would indeed be called up for support. And what would that look like?
Speaker 10: Well, I think we should. I think we should offer it. I think we should be proactive. I mean, remember Australians have served in the Middle East to stop Islamic terrorism since eighteen eighty five. We went over to the Sudan in eighteen eighty five, and I think you know we've since then, we continue to have a presence in the Sinai Peninsula as observers.
Speaker 11: So we're ready to do it.
Speaker 10: What would it be, Well, it depends do they want specialists, do they want an army medical team, do they want intelligence support? Do they want, like David Hurley led into Somalia in the mid nineteen nineties, a battalion, a full infantry battalion. But I think at the moment that the operational temper of the Astraian Defense Force lends itself to being there.
Speaker 11: I think we should do it.
Speaker 10: I think we've been vocal enough about what we want and you can't say that we want a separate state there without offering the type of security that that state would require.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look fair enough, as you mentioned, I mean we've had a long history of peacekeeping. Good move. If we're asked Tanya.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, David suggesting paths we offer it. I'm not sure whether we should offer, but certainly if we are asked by the US, I think we should agree to participate in the end of the US and I think Donald Trump has said he doesn't want to actually be on the ground himself or the US themselves. They want the Our League and the neighboring countries to play.
Speaker 2: A big role.
Speaker 12: But ultimately the UK, France as well as Our League will have to actually probably have a UN Security Council resolution to assist them, if not some type of resolution to legally assist. I think it would be very fitting for Australia to assist. We have always been participated, as David has said, in peace making and peacekeeping missions, and we're well renowned for our terrific officers that we have and the skills that Australia can offer. Look, it requires a global solution. This is you know, the world has been a standstill for two years now. We need a global solution and we're going to need everybody to play their role, and I think Australia will have to play their role. And I think you've already seen it seems like the Australian government is getting ready for that, and I hope that the Opposition will support it and there'll be a full support, although imagine the Greens won't support this.
Speaker 2: Well, the Greens were never supported. I'm just glad that we're now talking about peacekeeping missions and we're gone from war and you know, finally we're actually seeing some progress. Well done, Donald Trump. Now, the Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke has announced that as many as seven hundred gardens could soon call Australia Home. I spoke about this earlier in the show that I think this is an utter insult to everyday law abiding, peaceful assies. David last year, of course, labor let him just under two thousand gardens with little to no security checks. We've got isis brides. There's already a big Australia policy. What on earth is the minister thinking here.
Speaker 10: Well, that's right, all while he will tell the South African whites that they're not welcome. And so, I mean, I think this is very dangerous and it is unnecessary because if we're going to send peacekeepers into the Middle East, and this is another argument why Australia would send peacekeepers into the Middle East is because we want to make sure that there is a safe environment for the guards for the Palestinian refugees to go home. And that's what we did with the Bosnians, That's what we did after the Balkans disputes in the nineteen nineties. And I think it's only appropriate. I mean, as I don't understand, God forbid the day occurs where there was trouble like that in Australia and I didn't come home to help fix it. And so I think that these Palestinians need to work out. They're given the opportunity to have a peaceful existence. The international community is now going to provide them the military protection. It is safe to go home. It is time for you to return and build that nation that you wanted so desperately.
Speaker 2: So I completely agree here, you know, I just the strategy that laboring. What are they doing seriously.
Speaker 12: Well, I think labor strategy is very simple. They want to win the next election and they can see this as a boat winner for themselves. Tony Burke's seat, there are a lot of people there very sympathetic to Palestine and to the cause there, so he is bringing in people that he knows will suit the demographic of his electorate and help Labor win and continue to hold some of these Southwest and Western Sydney seats. So this is a political strategy on the part of Tony Burke. This is not a refugee or humanity project for him. It's not about caring about these people. This is about building the numbers so that Labor can win the next election and to peace the union movement and the labor branches where he's got a lot of people there. I mean, where did the grassroots campaign start for Gaza and for Palestine in the In Australia it started in a later party in the national estate crisis.
Speaker 2: This is a problem and that's what this is about. For Tony births very political.
Speaker 12: It's just virtue signaling is completely ru.
Speaker 2: Well, remember the citizenship you know over I've got a citizenship before the election, ouralthies, their selfies and now you know, the meet and greet at the airport never ends. I want to ask you both about that horrific stabbing attack in Melbourne's CBD. I'll show the clip again a warning. It is distressing.
Speaker 7: David.
Speaker 2: The incident happened on October second, but we only found out about this yesterday thanks to media reports. Just Into Allen basically said, oh, you know, this was part of the process and that's just the way it is. But an almost two week delay is that normal?
Speaker 10: Well, that isn't part of the process. So that's sort of a horrendous crime. The community needs to be made aware of. It needs to be made aware of a number of reasons, not the least being that they have to be able to identified the fact that these activities are occurring and people need to increase their sense of safety personal safety. But I mean, I don't know what's going on down in Melbourne, I really don't. It just appears that the community is ignorant and blind to the fact that they've got a government that seems to excuse criminals more than excuses anybody else.
Speaker 2: Which is and that is a big that is a really really big concern. But Tanya, I mean, is this a cover up?
Speaker 12: Absolutely similar at a mile away with this one, the guy was on bail so and then the.
Speaker 2: Woman sorry, they've got bleeding bleeding heart.
Speaker 12: Sort of, you know bail laws in Victoria, and I think that.
Speaker 2: They are covering up.
Speaker 12: And you've got Brad Batton now has said, Look, they wanted to do Jack's law, the same lord that's in Queensland.
Speaker 2: But I think the Opposition need.
Speaker 12: To do more than that. They need to completely reform bail laws. They need to offer a full package that says they're going to have better bail laws that you know, basically, you commit.
Speaker 2: The crime, you're in jail. Sorry, and this and that's when Victoria's tough on crime approach at play here. Now I want to end on the fun on a fun one because David, I saw your article in the Daily Telegraph today about your gripes with technology and one of them was Siri. You know, and you talk to your phone. Siri told me this that David got a gripe with it. You've written. No one asked me if I wanted a lady living in my pocket who was prepared to answer my personal questions? So why is she there? And I'm going to say it reminded me of this mishap in the Senate estimates. Have a look.
Speaker 13: When did they leave the country to go over seas to go to Syria, whether Syria, which country were there in, which which refugee camp were they in?
Speaker 7: Okay, details.
Speaker 6: I don't mind that come up, Siri, you didn't have it all technowledge.
Speaker 1: I do apologize, yes.
Speaker 2: Sirih likes to pop up at the worst time, David. So maybe you've got a point.
Speaker 10: Well, I think I do, and it's answered some questions that I didn't ask in the past in cabinet. And I very rarely feel sorry for Queensland senators, but Paul had had my upstates.
Speaker 11: Exactly, and I mean.
Speaker 10: It just goes to show that we've got to be ever conscious of what we're doing when it comes to technology, because we worry about social media taking recording us. But that's the out that's the stuff that we're not aware of.
Speaker 2: That's it. Do you wrote your article a tragic no?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, no no, it's all legitimate, all legitimate.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, we'll take you on face value, David Alian. Good to see you. Have a nice weekend. We'll see you next week. Thanks for joining me. Coming up after the break. This week mark's two years since Australians overwhelmingly rejected the divisive voice I'll speak with leading no campaign senator just into NEAPERGI for price next Co'm back. Well. This week mark two years since we were all dragged to the polls and the Voice referendum and blew four hundred and fifty million dollars of our own money to do it. Sixty percent of us said no to Anthony Arberesi's attempts to divide us by the color of our skin. One of the leading figures for the No campaign, just into nampajimper Price, has written in The Australian this week. Despite Australians voting no to the Voice Treaty and truth telling, certain labor governments and leaders still won't take no for an answer and are pressing ahead with such goals. And she's not wrong. Overnight Victoria's Lower House passed the First Nation's Treaty Bill with the support of Labor and the Greens. And I'm pleased to say that Liberal Senator just Sinta Nampa jimper Price joins me. Now, Senator, good to see you, Thanks for your time. Let's start with the Voice anniversary. What are your reflections two years on? Have we learned anything from it?
Speaker 13: Well, certainly, I suppose those of us who voted no, the sixty point zero six percent of Australians that rejected the Voice, they basically ensured that we maintained our values and our democracy. We understand that the labor government, the Albanezer government, still doesn't know how to deal effectively with Indigenous disadvantage.
Speaker 7: But we also know.
Speaker 13: That labor governments around the country do not respect the will of the Australian people as well.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, the voice.
Speaker 13: It wasn't a gracious request as was suggested, or a modest request as the Prime Minister suggested.
Speaker 7: It was far from that. It was racially divisive, and it would have.
Speaker 13: Made radical changes to our democracy as we know it, and it would have. It was ultimately about empowering activists more.
Speaker 7: Than anything else.
Speaker 13: It wasn't about addressing disadvantage for Indigenous those who are disadvantaged Indigenous Australians. And let's not forget that the Prime Minister, in all his arrogance, failed to listen to the warnings throughout the referendum, in that he didn't hold a constitutional convention. He failed to address the concept of having two questions, having a split referendum about recognition constitutional recognition.
Speaker 7: And perhaps the voice as well.
Speaker 13: And he called Australians who were concerned chicken littles and doomsayers when he failed to provide enough information or any detail to their voice, and then Australians were left to then say, well, this is what it could potentially lead to, which is what we know. So I suppose on reflection, yeah, no, we've seen that Labour's agenda and even the Greens and the Left disregard the voice of the Australian people and are continuing down a path of separatism without addressing the core issues that are really of concern.
Speaker 2: And look that division has not ended, as I mentioned, you know, Victim is pushing ahead with treaty. It just feels set at a like the progressive left, that they're ultimately seeking to tear down the values and traditions of this beautiful country with the end goal of destroying everything that British settlers brought here. And that's the point that you also made in your column.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right.
Speaker 13: I mean, it's an attack on our western values, on how we were I suppose settled.
Speaker 7: As a country as well.
Speaker 13: I mean, fifty four percent of Victorians voted no to the Voice, and here the Allen Government's going, well, stuff you, we don't care that you said no to this.
Speaker 7: We're going to continue down the path.
Speaker 13: And I mean when we voted no to the Voice, we know that it was wrapped up as part of the ullaru's statement, which was Voice Treaty Truth. So the Allen government have said, well, we're going to establish our own legislative concept of a voice anyway through this treaty. And let's not forget that only one percent Victorians identify as indigenous. They spent seven hundred million dollars of taxpayer dollars thus far through the europe Commission to get to get to this point, and effectively what they will be doing is establishing governing another governing body of a Victorians, you know, through the First Nation's Assembly, and this truth telling, this idea they call it truth telling because really, if you're chuck it in reverse, it's not really about telling the truth. It's a reinvention of our history or how they'd like to see it in order to you know, ask for well demand reparations by what other Victorians who were non indigenous, who had nothing to do with with our country's history. But it's this path of separatism that is only going to create more destruction for the people of Victoria and the complete Nutter disrespect for the majority who voted no to the voice referendum in the first place. I mean, hold your horse's Victoria. It's coming and it's not going to be pretty.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. And it's dangerous because nobody ever voted to be separated by the color of their skin. But these governments are still pushing your head. Before we let you go, Senator, I just want to ask you about some breaking news that we've just got in The Sydney Morning Herald is reporting that Barnaby Joyce is in advanced talks with Pauline Hansen to join One Nation. What do you make of these reports I've just been announced now.
Speaker 7: Well Sydney Morning Harold.
Speaker 13: I bet it's paul Sirkarle who has gone ahead and announced this. And what I find with the Sydney Morning Herald is that they like to make things up. I mean they did so, I know when it came to talking about the leaked information about our election review through the Liberal Party. I know that they like to put out what they think is going on. I suppose I'd prefer to wait and see. You know, I'm a good maid of Barnaby's as well, wait and see what's real and what's not and what's just another attempt at the Sydney Morning Herald to blow things up and keep this chatter and division going on with regard to the coalition.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I guess we'll find out so that it was Paul's Sakala that did write that article, So wait and see it and hopefully you have planted Barnaby Joyce does give us some clarifications soon, Senator just sin nampajmper Price. Always nice to chat with you. Thanks very much for joining me on the show. Now, look, this is truly extraordinary. British police have banned Jewish fans from a Europa League match in Birmingham next month for their own safety. Apparently, the Aston Villa against Maccabi tel Aviv on November six is said to be played at Villa Park without any away fans of the Israeli club at the game. Now, look, if you can't protect football fans from enjoying a national sport just because they're Jews, we'll gie something must be seriously wrong. Joining me now is Reform UK Counselor Darren Grimes. Darren, thanks for your time. What sort of two tier policing is this?
Speaker 14: Soolutely right, Danika. Look, ultimately, this is a football club in nineteen thirty eight that refused to do the Nazi salute and made international headlines for doing so, a football club that stood up to fascists and Nazis. Now it's taking the knee to is that Islamist fascists and Islamist Nazis. In my view, as you rightly say, this is our national sport. If Jews can't be protected from going to a game to enjoy watching our national sport take place for safety reasons, then Britain is on bended knee. This isn't policing, this is surrender.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 14: Football is meant to actually unite not just the country but other parts of the world too, and instead we've got police saying that Jewish fans couldn't be safe in Birmingham. Now this ought to tell us absolutely everything about where Britain is at as a country. When Birmingham, which is our second biggest city, isn't actually safe for Jews, it's a complete moral collapse and I'm afraid that the police will ultimately protect illegal migrants from protesters in pink vests. There were ladies called the Pink Ladies Danika, who were protesting in favor of the protection of women and girls. They were told they couldn't protest. But they will actually stand in to protect the illegal migrants from these oppressive pink ladies, but they won't protect Jews at a football match. It is two tier. It is actually one rule for those who break into our country and completely another for those who actually have been here for goodness only knows how long and.
Speaker 2: Help to build it.
Speaker 14: So ultimately, I think it's a sign of the sickness that is running riot in Britain. And you don't beat anti Semitists and by bannon Jews. You beat it by actually standing up to the biggots and protecting them.
Speaker 2: Spot on exactly. This is a national sport we're talking about to say the Jews don't come for your own safeties. And I'm in on flabbergacid to be quite honest, Darren, I think it's extraordinary. Now, Look, I want to ask you about the latest polling reform UK has really been accelerating in recent months. According to the latest MRP pole reforms on track to win four hundred and forty five seats labored down to seventy three MPs if an election were held tomorrow. But do you have a look at the toy is just seven Darren? Why is reform capturing the mood of the British public so well? What does it tell us?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 14: I actually think Danika that they ought to go to the very heart of the problem with the Liberals in Australia as well. We have been betrayed on everything from net zra or whackery and walkery to mass migration. This pole isn't just showing a movement within political Voughton, it actually shows a protest. It shows a movement people are fed up by being talked down to by politicians who sneer at patriot the flying of our national flag. The Tories tax us to death. Labor looks down its gnos at us and sneers at the fact that we actually believe that Britain is full and Reform speaks for the millions who just want control of their country again. They want some semblance of control over their own lives again. Nigel Farage has given ordinary people a voice for the first time in many, many years. And you're talking, you know, from Durham up in the north to Devon down in the southwest. People are saying enough to open borders to the net zero madness, being absolutely terrified at the highest electricity prices in the world. It's a cowardice of the political elite. This isn't just one pole either, This is a series of polls showing this and the direction of travel shows that Reform are the only game in town to actually defeat this sham of a labor government to the very worst in LIBVN memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, you're not wrong and you know this is the problem and we're having the same issues here in Australia. Well done to Reform and you're a part of it over there, Darren, doing such a great job. Thank you so much for joining me on the show. Really appreciate it. We're coming up after the break the winners and losers of the week, including Donald Trump and he's never ending handshakes. Plus will pay tribute to Ace Freeley, founding member and lead guitarists of rock band Kiss, who's died overnight. It's that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers, and helping me to do that is Skuydy's contributed to James. James, great to have you back on the show. Thank you so much for joining me. Your winner. This week's Donald Trump.
Speaker 11: Well, it's more the art of the handshake, to be honest.
Speaker 15: So in this Gaza P summer, Well, let's take it back. Let's take it back to twenty seventeen. So Donald Trump and Emmanuel mccrin have such an interesting relationship with handshakes. You can see this from way back when this is now a nine second handshake going longer.
Speaker 11: No one's letting go. Everyone wants to be the alpha dog with the relationship.
Speaker 15: Fifteen seconds, no sign of side grass. Trump is trying to bring other people into the mix. The handshake is still going on.
Speaker 2: God cringe.
Speaker 11: So look this continues.
Speaker 15: On like we're about to reach the thirty second mark.
Speaker 11: Are we going to get there?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 15: Seconds of pure handshake. Now, this is what happened this week. Okay, you think these two guys have been locked in battle for years on the handshake? How long are we going to last year? So we've got the handshake, we've got the smile, the handshakes still going. We're now in the grip. We're now in the grip. We're looking at each other. Grips on my side, No, it's on my side.
Speaker 2: It's intent.
Speaker 15: I'm going to point at things.
Speaker 2: We're still going what are they talking about? Do you reckon?
Speaker 11: I don't think. I think they're so pursed.
Speaker 15: I think they're so focused on what they need to do that they actually can't think.
Speaker 11: They can only think in terms of handshake.
Speaker 2: Their handshakes the alpha male. Well, that's extraordinary. My hand would get sweaty. I feel like it would fall off at this point. But you know the art of a deal, that's the thing, you know. Anyway, Look, I'm going to get to my winner this week, Ace Freely.
Speaker 15: You're found a Kiss not the biggest fan, to be honest, it's not my genre, but well I'm sure our.
Speaker 2: Audience would know. He's a founding member, of course, lead guitarist of rock band Kiss, and he's sadly passed away at the age of seventy four following a brain bleed, so I wanted to do a quick tribute to him. He was, of course the Spaceman, the iconic silver metallic face makeup have a look. Yeah, So rest in peace, Ace Freely. You know, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, they were the main songwriters, but his guitar work was magnificent in the background. Now, your loser of the week is a dad having a winge about Halloween. It did.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he's having a winch about Halloween. He has put together a change dot org petition to get kmart to stop putting Halloween decorations so close to the checkout cashier because it says it scares people. Now, look, this is an example. It's not the store. It's an example of what people go through. Come on, let's have a bit of fine a tale.
Speaker 2: It's Halloween, Okay, it's meant to be scary. If you're scared, don't go to Kmart. I say, ridiculous. Might Louder this week had to give to form a WA premier Mark McGowan. I'm not a fan of Mark McGowan. Never have been locked me out of the West for a couple of years during COVID, So no surprises here, but he said James at one of his political highlights was locking football commentator Nie McGuire out during COVID when WA hosted the AFL Grand Final. Apparently it was a highlight of his career. He told her a property function this week, I mean, there can't have been many highlights if that was a highlight.
Speaker 11: Yeah, why is your highlight bullying someone?
Speaker 15: Right, You've been a leader for so long, Like, why is that the peak?
Speaker 2: Why is that the peak? Well that sums up Mark McGowan. That's all I will say, James Bolk, but to see you have a good weekend. Thanks so much for joining me on the show. That's it for me. I'll be back Sunday night for Deneka and James at seven Steve Prices next.
Speaker 7: Good night.